Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by feathers »

They also never grab you down there during recreation time.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

WARNING: Music lovers may become suicidal after reading this post. Proceed with caution.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/j ... o-you-mean

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears: :character-jason: :handgestures-thumbdown: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-hanged:

Couch

Post by Couch »

comhcinc wrote:Oh btw update on my health. I ether got the flu or maybe pneumonia. It's fun.
Sorry to hear, mate/cunt.

Probably not the first thing on your mind given you're probably dying, but what's the work situation? Anything in the pipeline?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:.... aaandd the so-called atheist feminists at Man Hate Feminism just defended FGM:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/love ... 2452766356
Jesus F. Christ, PhD.
Rumaikiyya => Matt Cavanaugh • 5 hours ago

FGM has a range of levels of invasiveness. The version that WHO classifies as least invasive involves no cutting of flesh. I'm not super familiar with it, and I very much doubt you are either, but it sounds very low risk as it's symbolic. The next-level of invasiveness involves removing some of the outer hood of the clitoris but none of the clitoris itself or the labia majora/minora. It's generally described as comparable to male circumcision in scholarly literature, so by people who truly understand what FMG entails.
We live in an age where parents and caretakers are almost hung out to dry if they so much as touch their children's genitalia, but this dope has the temerity to suggest a ritual, torturous interaction. Absolutely beyond belief.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John Greg wrote:
Anyone here see The Man who fell to Earth?
Yes. I like it a lot, especially the full length version. But it's not to everyone's taste.
One of my favourite films. Bowie is perfectly cast. The book is great too.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John Greg wrote:
Anyone here see The Man who fell to Earth?
Yes. I like it a lot, especially the full length version. But it's not to everyone's taste.
One of my favourite films. Bowie is perfectly cast. The book is great too.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Cnutella wrote:
John D wrote:And "Let's Dance" was Bowie's biggest selling album... and "China Girl" reached #2 in the UK... so yeah. It was shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_D ... wie_album)
Yeah, but Paul McCartney's We All Stand Together got to number 3 in 1984, and I defy you to tell me that wasn't shit by any reasonable standard.

[youtube]A0fuVoSa3dc[/youtube]
It's a (potentially) beautiful song ruined by grotesque production - a fine melody with a reasonable lyric, butt transmuted into deplorable Disneyfied kiddie bullshit. But I'm sure a canny peformer could make something of it if they weren't cowed into embarrassment by the Recieved Wisdom that the underlying song (as opposed to the arrangement) is dire.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Cnutella wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote: Apparently this is filling up Aoife's newsfeed, but strangely when I do a search I can't find any reports of this terrible incident, where he had sex with an underage girl. But Aoife speaks of it as an absolute certainty, although I don't remember a court case proving guilt on Bowie's part.

But Aoife says we must talk about these things, and it's ok to be furious with a person dead less than 24 hours because what Bowie 'did' caused irreversible harm and we must 'condemn the human excrement who do terrible things'.

But she loved Bowie, she really did.

What a bitch.
They got right on the Bowie story with remarkable alacrity. See, they can do it, so long as the abuse happened in 197-whatever. And that the alleged abuser is now dead. And, most importantly, white.
The nasty cunt's trying to imply that Bowie was some sort of pedo. The 'child' in question was 17. That's a year older than the age of consent here in Canada as well as in quite a few States. Also, reading the former 17 year old's story, has the feel of some sort of True Confessions fiction crossed with a humble-brag, so I wonder if it's even true anyways.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

As an homage to David Bowie, I'm going to watch Blazing Saddles. I've never seen it before, so please don't spoil it by telling me Bowie wasn't in it.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987 wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:More reason to doubt that Carrier's Jesus book was peer-reviewed
I just had a long conversation with a family member who has formal uni experience from both sides of the fence in classics.

Their conclusions closely match Billy's:

Peer review in the humanities is not really a "thing" like it is in hard science.

In science the review can confirm semi-objective truths - was the methodology sound, do the facts and conclusions follow etc. Is the (typically narrowly focussed journal article) a new plank of best scenario 'hard knowledge''?

In the humanities reviews are more a test that "peers" consider the topic / paper worthy of being added to the overall literature of "points of view that might influence the discussion". As Billy noted this usually occurs at a pre writing stage. Additional pre publishing reviews are more about obvious gotchas rather than baseline testing of data and hypothisis.

Minor publishers may have reviewers who find proposed marginal topics palatable - or the publisher may over rule concerns. Major publishers will have more stringent requirements for proposals and be far more fussy on what they will contribute to the debate. Hence you won't find Oxford or Cambridge pushing mythicists.

Again as Billy noted the "real" test of acceptance is whether or not a published work is noticed and does actually contribute meaningfully to debate and is then cited and stocked in libraries.

But to come out and say your book was "peered reviewed" and stop there should typically produce a shrug and a cocked eyebrow in an academic.

Bottom line is per Billy.

Carrier's peer review claim does not add meaningful weight to his work's credibility.
Carrier's claim merely accentuates the lack of actual acceptance of his work in continued debate
Carrier is hoping the casual amateur scholar will channel the *hard science meaning* of "peer review".

In short Carrier seeks an (otherwise absent) establishment level kudos by misrepresenting both the implied status of his publisher as well as the importance of the 'peer review' process.

SPP's review was probably standard within the humanities and for a second tier print house. However the 'peer review' served a different purpose to that commonly assumed when discussing hard science usage. And the (lack of) post publish reception is really the key.
Carrier definitely wants us to believe that his peer reviews were of the science kind. He wrote:
It works the same way in history as in science.

And I don't see why it should be all that different. In history you can still have expert reviewers who are able to judge if the right sources have been used; if the sources have not been misrepresented; if there are no factual inaccuracies; if opposing views have been addressed fairly, etc. This is not the task an editor or a 'reader' would perform, or at best in a much more superficial way.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

feathers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Apparently this is filling up Aoife's newsfeed, but strangely when I do a search I can't find any reports of this terrible incident, where he had sex with an underage girl. But Aoife speaks of it as an absolute certainty, although I don't remember a court case proving guilt on Bowie's part.
I thought the Oaf had left, but FTB's got another Aoife in store.
I'm surprised that Ophie (the Benson one) hasn't written about Cologne. The two things she's usually sensible on are islamicism (and theocracy in general) and trans issues. I tend to agree with her on that stuff.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Same here. I'm on Benson's side when it comes to religion (and particularly islam).

In fact, give me anti-islamic radical feminism any day of the week. I'd rather debate them than debate assholes trying to defend religious/cultural atrocities in the name of "tolerance". Even if in both groups, debate is mostly absent.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:I pointed Carrier to the peer review post (x'ed it to ex-JREF)
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... count=2840
He now appears to understand that a humanities peer review is a low hurdle, he hasn't yet grasped what 5 citations and critical silence means.

Baby steps.
You do know you're giving him an erection with all this attention, right?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:.... aaandd the so-called atheist feminists at Man Hate Feminism just defended FGM:

Jesus F. Christ, PhD.
Rumaikiyya => Matt Cavanaugh • 5 hours ago

FGM has a range of levels of invasiveness. The version that WHO classifies as least invasive involves no cutting of flesh. I'm not super familiar with it, and I very much doubt you are either, but it sounds very low risk as it's symbolic. The next-level of invasiveness involves removing some of the outer hood of the clitoris but none of the clitoris itself or the labia majora/minora. It's generally described as comparable to male circumcision in scholarly literature, so by people who truly understand what FMG entails.
We live in an age where parents and caretakers are almost hung out to dry if they so much as touch their children's genitalia, but this dope has the temerity to suggest a ritual, torturous interaction. Absolutely beyond belief.
WHO wrote:Female genital mutilation (FGM) comprises all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.

FGM is recognized internationally as a violation of the human rights of girls and women. It reflects deep-rooted inequality between the sexes, and constitutes an extreme form of discrimination against women. It is nearly always carried out on minors and is a violation of the rights of children. The practice also violates a person's rights to health, security and physical integrity, the right to be free from torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment, and the right to life when the procedure results in death.

The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women.

Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, infertility as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths.

Female genital mutilation is classified into four major types.

• Clitoridectomy: partial or total removal of the clitoris (a small, sensitive and erectile part of the female genitals) and, in very rare cases, only the prepuce (the fold of skin surrounding the clitoris).

• Excision: partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora, with or without excision of the labia majora (the labia are "the lips" that surround the vagina).

• Infibulation: narrowing of the vaginal opening through the creation of a covering seal. The seal is formed by cutting and repositioning the inner, or outer, labia, with or without removal of the clitoris.

• Other: all other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, e.g. pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterizing the genital area.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'm very proud to be black, but black is not all I am. That's my cultural historical background, my genetic makeup, but it's not all of who I am nor is it the basis from which I answer every question.
-Denzel Washington

<3

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Istanbul attack.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

So, before Blazing Saddles, I've decided to re-watch Forrest Gump. What do you know, Nerd of Redhead pops up in there:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... amue7m.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Scented Nectar wrote:
feathers wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Apparently this is filling up Aoife's newsfeed, but strangely when I do a search I can't find any reports of this terrible incident, where he had sex with an underage girl. But Aoife speaks of it as an absolute certainty, although I don't remember a court case proving guilt on Bowie's part.
I thought the Oaf had left, but FTB's got another Aoife in store.
I'm surprised that Ophie (the Benson one) hasn't written about Cologne. The two things she's usually sensible on are islamicism (and theocracy in general) and trans issues. I tend to agree with her on that stuff.
I think she has written something but I think in her case she tends to see any large gathering as a potential rape-fest. She certainly felt that skeptic events were filled with men who behaved the same as the NY eve attackers.
That sort of accusation was common from the FTB/Skepchick crowd but only Benson seemed to be sincere about it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

another lurker wrote:

Yep.

I linked some bullshit from there last week. They were talking about FGM, and how we can't say that FGM mutilates it's victims, because that will 'make them feel bad' and you don't want people feeling bad about being mutilated:(
Every one of them who defends it should have it forcefully done to themselves (at a hospital though plus a couple aspirins, so it's ok with them anyways, right?). There I said it. Also, dump them into a muslim fuckhole of a country and then let's see if they still want to defend the only rape & slavery culture that remains on this planet. If they're going to defend it, let them live it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

wtf
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 14.50.50.png
(18.51 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

comhcinc wrote:
another lurker wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Entertainer have a big impact on of lives. Share experiences are important.
I read this earlier. On my pc. I tend to skim read.

And I read it as if you were looking for photos of a shirtless Stephen Hawking.

Honestly, I wasn't even surprised.

So......do you have any?
Com, you are the undisputed world champion winner of all challenge wanks everywhere. :lol:

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Missed 2 months+ of pit.

I owe friends pm's that won't come, and a few projects that I feel bad about abandoning. Life got real for me for a bit, but all is well now.

What is the funniest thing that I missed?

Were there new witches of the week?!?

Dare I ask about Elyse?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

No.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
feathers wrote:I thought the Oaf had left, but FTB's got another Aoife in store.
I think she has written something but I think in her case she tends to see any large gathering as a potential rape-fest. She certainly felt that skeptic events were filled with men who behaved the same as the NY eve attackers.
That sort of accusation was common from the FTB/Skepchick crowd but only Benson seemed to be sincere about it.
Yeah, that's where she sounds like an idiot. Ruins the few good bits she writes.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

A legislator in Russia has proposed some draconian ant-gay laws. The thing is that the laws only apply to men. This has caused a few feminists who hang out on the gay blogs and insist that the oppression of gay men is really about misogyny to be befuddled.

katamari Damassi

Glad to see you back PA, and that you're okay. You haven't missed much more than the usual SJW nonsense. They're mostly ignoring the attacks in Cologne. Brive has got Carrier on the ropes by exposing his dishonest self aggrandizing.

katamari Damassi

Oh and you missed The Cunty Awards.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Who won the cunty awards?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

St Louis, not surprisingly.

katamari Damassi

There really should be multiple categories like Best Supporting Cunt in a Pile-On. That sort of thing. Or at least a place and show award.

Dave

Post by Dave »

katamari Damassi wrote:A legislator in Russia has proposed some draconian ant-gay laws. The thing is that the laws only apply to men. This has caused a few feminists who hang out on the gay blogs and insist that the oppression of gay men is really about misogyny to be befuddled.

Oh! Thats fabulous! Had not heard about that. Got any links? (To the befuddlement, Im sure I can find the story on google news.)

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Jan Steen wrote:Carrier definitely wants us to believe that his peer reviews were of the science kind. He wrote:

And I don't see why it should be all that different. In history you can still have expert reviewers who are able to judge if the right sources have been used; if the sources have not been misrepresented; if there are no factual inaccuracies; if opposing views have been addressed fairly, etc. This is not the task an editor or a 'reader' would perform, or at best in a much more superficial way.
By my understanding, it's different for two main reasons. The first is length of the papers: from 2-10 page vs orders of magnitude more. You just can't expect unpaid reviewers to go through the latter as carefully. The second (and more important to me) is a combination of the type of data being reported, the link between theory and data, what parts of the paper are novel. In the empirical sciences, the data are objective and replicable, the link between theory and data is already agreed upon, and what's novel are usually the data, themselves. In history, the data cannot be replicated and are often subjective, the link between theory and data is usually the core of the debate (instead of being agreed upon in advance), and what's novel is the interpretation of the data (also known as the "spin").

Dave

Post by Dave »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Dare I ask about Elyse?
You and Service Dog can have a confab.

katamari Damassi

Dave wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:A legislator in Russia has proposed some draconian ant-gay laws. The thing is that the laws only apply to men. This has caused a few feminists who hang out on the gay blogs and insist that the oppression of gay men is really about misogyny to be befuddled.

Oh! Thats fabulous! Had not heard about that. Got any links? (To the befuddlement, Im sure I can find the story on google news.)
http://www.joemygod.com/2016/01/12/russ ... next-week/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

mordacious1 wrote:File this under "EWWWWWWWWWW":

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rdoch.html

Where there's a will, there's a way.
Heh. Dirty Digger + Gold Digger. Private Eye are gonna love this.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

If I ever suffer buyers' remorse again, I can always console myself with the story of transwoman who spent $76,000 to look like Oolon.

http://diply.com/auntyacid/article/woma ... ect-body/1

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tigzy wrote:If I ever suffer buyers' remorse again, I can always console myself with the story of transwoman who spent $76,000 to look like Oolon.

I google imaged her.

I'd post photos of her "perfect body", but kiwi would likely put me on ignore.

Amyhoo, nice DSLs.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sulman wrote:http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... d-10718836

False accusations never happen.
Yeah but they are so rare that it is OK if an innocent man goes to jail for a crime he didn't commit in order to "take one for the team" and advance women's rights.

Notice a pattern here?

Feminists always demanding that others be sacrificed on the altar of "progress" while they sit comfortably in their ivory towers drinking virtual Earl Grey tea?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sulman wrote:http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor ... d-10718836

False accusations never happen.
Barrister of Durham University rape accused Louis Richardson slams alleged victim
That's almost unreadable.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Carrier definitely wants us to believe that his peer reviews were of the science kind. He wrote:

By my understanding, it's different for two main reasons. The first is length of the papers: from 2-10 page vs orders of magnitude more. You just can't expect unpaid reviewers to go through the latter as carefully. The second (and more important to me) is a combination of the type of data being reported, the link between theory and data, what parts of the paper are novel. In the empirical sciences, the data are objective and replicable, the link between theory and data is already agreed upon, and what's novel are usually the data, themselves. In history, the data cannot be replicated and are often subjective, the link between theory and data is usually the core of the debate (instead of being agreed upon in advance), and what's novel is the interpretation of the data (also known as the "spin").
Quite right.

Peer review in the humanities is not the same as it is in the sciences, whether you're talking about books or journal articles. As one would imagine, it's far more subjective, just like Billie says. Although the process might involve some level of fact-checking, scholarship in the humanities is often so specialized that very few people other than the writer (zero isn't a bad bet) are familiar enough with the narrow topic and primary sources to be up to the task without embarking on a research project themselves.

This specialization-to-the-point-of-obscurity is encouraged: the idea is, you contribute something "new" to the field by staking out a specific corpus—preferably an un- or understudied one—and analyzing it in such a way that bolsters some theoretical framework that's currently hip. So while the "readers" (peer-reviewers) might fact-check a bit, they're mostly assessing the arguments and how everything fits in with the discipline as a whole.

It's pretty weak sauce, if you think about it, and rather unscientific. It prioritizes top-down narratives over ground-up, data-driven research. If you're not arriving at some grandiose conclusions about "deeper meaning" and "broader implications," then you can forget about it. I'm generalizing, of course, but not without reason. "Grievance studies" are in (e.g., gender studies, queer studies, critical race theory, postcolonial studies), perhaps permanently, so that's the basic angle you want do adopt if you're a young scholar trying to get published.

That's how Anita Sarkeesians and Melissa Clicks are created. Many people seemed surprised to learn that a Communications professor at Mizzou writes feminist analyses of Lady Gaga and the Twilight series (I'm going on memory here). But that's par for the course these days. Look through the table of contents of major humanities journals. Read the titles and summaries of recent academic books. Check out the faculty bios on department websites, especially the young faculty. You'll see.

I will add, though, that the readers for top academic presses do usually review the entirety of the manuscripts they've been assigned, and authors will be expected to address the readers' most critical concerns before publication. The top presses are also choosier about which proposals they accept.

Billie from Ockham

Shatterface wrote:
Barrister of Durham University rape accused Louis Richardson slams alleged victim
Commas and hyphens are both phallic symbols. It would have been problematic to include them here, given the topic.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

another lurker wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Entertainer have a big impact on of lives. Share experiences are important.
I read this earlier. On my pc. I tend to skim read.

And I read it as if you were wanking over photos of a shirtless Stephen Hawking.

Honestly, I wasn't even surprised.
FIFY.

katamari Damassi

Shatterface wrote:
Commas and hyphens are both phallic symbols. It would have been problematic to include them here, given the topic.
It's horribly written and as far as I can tell is just a lawyer defending his client. Except for some described Facebook flirtation the article doesn't state any of vide few that the accusation is false.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Tigzy wrote:If I ever suffer buyers' remorse again, I can always console myself with the story of transwoman who spent $76,000 to look like Oolon.

Leslie Ash.

http://dailysquib.co.uk/files/cat_123/1212.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Leslie Ash.

Heh - she of the infamous 'trout pout'. Still, kudos to her for anticipating the social media age by stapling a permanent duckface to herself.

katamari Damassi

katamari Damassi wrote:
It's horribly written and as far as I can tell is just a lawyer defending his client. Except for some described Facebook flirtation the article doesn't state any of vide few that the accusation is false.
I fucking hate autocorrect. The article doesn't state ANY EVIDENCE that the accusation is false.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:

Leslie Ash.

I remember Jonathan Ross commenting that it looked like Ash had put an inflatable dinghi in her mouth and pulled the cord.

Billie from Ockham

katamari Damassi wrote:
It really is an easy fix, but they seem to avoid punctuation in headlines. The proper version is: Barrister of Durham University, rape-accused Louis Richardson slams alleged victim.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:This guy would ride the energiser bunny into the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/UcVmT7r.jpg
Let me see if I have this straight. Carrier wants the scholarly world to believe his unorthodox claim about the historicity of Jesus. A claim based upon interpretations of translations of words written 2000 years ago in dead languages. A claim that requires him to present a fair and honest representation of cultural attitudes and conventions from societies whose scant historical record has been eroding for 2000 years. Only a few people in the world have the expertise to make an understand the claim and Carrier wants a far wider audience of laymen to believe him and let him date their wives.

But the little worm can't even bring himself to understand the words of a contemporary person who is a representative of his publisher and to present what she said in a fair manner in a way that doesn't lead the reader to believe more.

I call major bullshit on his claim that he was peer-reviewed. Look what happened when Brive and others simply pointed out that he was using the wrong data in his hit piece on Thunderf00t. He has never responded well to criticism of any sort and when he is conclusively proven wrong, as was the case recently, he only makes slight changes to his position.

If his book had been peer-reviewed in any meaningful sense, he would have spent the past few years saying things like "My peer reviewer from Sheffield university press is a lying piece of garbage who probably cheats on his wife and misrepresents his academic achievements to pretend as though he is more accomplished than he is."

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You can't tell from that headline whether Richardson is the alleged rapist, his barrister or the universities barrister. It goes on:
Louis Richardson, 21, arrives back from lunch at Durham Crown Court, where he denies raping and sexually assaulting one woman and sexually assaulting another in 2014
He's accused of taking someone at lunch too?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Raping them at llunch. Fucking rape-culture autocorrect erasing rape.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:You can't tell from that headline whether Richardson is the alleged rapist, his barrister or the universities barrister. It goes on:
Louis Richardson, 21, arrives back from lunch at Durham Crown Court, where he denies raping and sexually assaulting one woman and sexually assaulting another in 2014
He's accused of taking someone at lunch too?
You have to admit, raping someone in the courthouse while you're being tried for rape is pretty ballsy!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Hey feminists, how to deal with this?

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/post/137107 ... d-in-qatar
The movie that tells the story of transgender pioneer Lili Elbe had already opened at a few cinemas in Qatar’s capital Doha before authorities demanded the film be pulled from theatres. It’s been rated a 15 in the UK for “nudity in a sexual context”.

Qatar newspaper The Peninsula says the withdrawal followed an online campaign against the film saying “many people had requested for a ban of the movie on social media platforms as the movie is against the local culture.”
All cultures are equally valid, right? I mean, surely they banned the film cuz Western Imperalism made them do it?

And one other thought, about the Cologne attacks. If these migrants are attacking privileged white women, then surely they are doing the same to non-privileged migrant women too, no? Or do progressive feminists not give two fucks about their right to safety?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

NSFW if your name is Katamari

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-b ... 06474.html

The video shows Jimbo the bear - a 9'6", 1,500-pound adult Kodiak - play wrestling with one of the centre’s staff members, Jim Kowalczik.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gendering Jimbo is a microaggression.

Fuck.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Google search terms that translate into "gun license" and "pepper spray" skyrocketted recently. Gee, I wonder what's scaring them? Surely it can't be those nice peaceful muslim new citizens. Those silly Germans must be racist.

[youtube]enrdd-XsF5Q[/youtube]

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Shatterface wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

Leslie Ash.

I remember Jonathan Ross commenting that it looked like Ash had put an inflatable dinghi in her mouth and pulled the cord.
http://www.culttv.plus.com/kultkidz/cho ... rlton1.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Couch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Oh btw update on my health. I ether got the flu or maybe pneumonia. It's fun.
Sorry to hear, mate/cunt.

Probably not the first thing on your mind given you're probably dying, but what's the work situation? Anything in the pipeline?

I haven't really been about to look the last couple of day.