Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
rayshul

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by rayshul »

Pitchguest wrote:
feathers wrote:I saw It follows recently and the first thing I'd tell someone visiting Detroit is, don't have sex with anybody here.
Rotten Tomatoes actually gave that awful fucking movie a 97% Fresh rating? Wow.
Scared the everloving cunt off me

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Lsuoma wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:So we have a clear winner of the 2015 Cunties:

Connie St. Louis 50 votes (40%)
Goldsmiths FemSoc & LGBTQ+ Society 26 votes (21%)
Danielle Muscato 18 votes (14% )
Peezy Myers 14 votes (11%)
LW Cabal 11 (9%)
Dr. Richard "Spunky Monkey" Carrier, PhD, Internet Cunt 6 votes (5%)

Peezy "Irrelevant" Myers got his arse handed to him comprehensively by people who weren't even on the radar a year ago, and the Spunky Monkey mustered a mere 5%.

The next question is what do we do with this? Do we want to email Cuntie St Lousy with news of the award? Do we want to get her some sort of physical award? I think Google-bombing her with this epithet would be a nice idea.

Thoughts?
I would like a nice shoop by Apelust, Gumby, Jan, Fuzzy...seems I may be missing some. Maybe all could contribute? But I'd say we leave it here. No need to give them any ammunition in the "I'm being harassed" tear-brigade, and they will find it in their vanity searches. They always do.
This sounds good to me. Guys - are you up for it?
I'd personally prefer something more direct - even if it's only one of the regular Twitterpitters sending St Louis a pic and a link. I feel we owe Sir Tim that much.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
feathers wrote:I saw It follows recently and the first thing I'd tell someone visiting Detroit is, don't have sex with anybody here.
Really? Maybe I lack imagination or something, but the clunkiness of the movie took away any horror aspect for me.

BTW I'm sorry for the loss of your perfect vagina. Can it be reinstalled?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So brown women are Ok as long as they make fun of Finnish metal?
:) A little bit of redeeming something in everybody - almost everybody in any case. Couple of further examples:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:Marcotte now
[...]
“I think rape and sexual assault allegations should be treated like allegations of mugging or burglary —which is to say, investigated promptly and thoroughly, on the assumption that the person reporting a crime is telling the truth,” Kate Harding, the author of 2015’s must-read examination of rape culture, “Asking For It,” told me over email.
I sure don't hope rape allegations are treated like burglary. The latter nowadays only warrants a short visit by a plainclothes to glance at the damage and have you sign (wonder even if they're policemen or civil servants). You'll never hear from them again.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Pitchguest wrote:
It's great. I Say So.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Brive1987 wrote:Help needed

Can anyone with RL knowledge of University Presses vs Academic Presses vs specialty presses please PM me ASAP?
I ljust love how the Pit has the only public back-channel in the entire intranets. It cracks me up! :lol:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Really? Maybe I lack imagination or something, but the clunkiness of the movie took away any horror aspect for me.
I saw it and I couldn't quite put into words exactly why I thought it was terrible until I saw Cinema Sins do a video on it.

[youtube]Hw0c2kSoy9g[/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

Pitchguest wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
rayshul wrote:Scared the everloving cunt off me
I saw it and I couldn't quite put into words exactly why I thought it was terrible until I saw Cinema Sins do a video on it.

[.youtube]Hw0c2kSoy9g[/youtube]
He's mostly bitching about trivia, and hasn't understood that the anachronisms are deliberate. Also, we don't know why demons look like what they do, on account of their general non-communicativeness.

[spoilers]
We're not watching the events from the outside, we're inside the girl's nightmare for most of the film. There's no reason our demon needs to move fast, it will catch up with you eventually, even if you've managed to pass it on down the chain.

[megaspoiler]
Her parents are not there because her father is probably dead (suicide?) and her mother's an alcoholic. But she does get to see her dad...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:
ffs wrote:
that Marcotte article is filled with her usual crapola

archive.is/UZpTB

Marcotte now
This entire gotcha is based on a straw man. Contrary to what conservatives might have you believe, it simply isn’t true that feminists think every allegation of sexual harassment or assault, no matter how unlikely, should be treated like God’s honest truth. What feminists want is to end the double standard, where sexual abuse allegations are disbelieved out of hand, subjected to more skepticism and second-guessing than any other crime, or dismissed even in the face of strong evidence. By saying most women aren’t liars, we aren’t denying that some women do lie. This is an important distinction.
“I think rape and sexual assault allegations should be treated like allegations of mugging or burglary —which is to say, investigated promptly and thoroughly, on the assumption that the person reporting a crime is telling the truth,” Kate Harding, the author of 2015’s must-read examination of rape culture, “Asking For It,” told me over email. “But that’s often not how it works — so many people, including many in the justice system, presume that anyone reporting a rape is just as likely to be lying as not. When feminists affirm that we believe victims, we’re saying there’s absolutely no good reason to presume that when someone reports sexual violence, there’s a 50/50 chance they’re lying.”
“We’re not saying we’ll ignore any evidence that someone fabricated a claim of rape,” she added.
Marcotte then
Can’t a few white boys sexually assault a black woman anymore without people getting all wound up about it? So unfair.
Plus every case that has since come along, including the UVA Hoax.

She even adds:
feminists do not and have never said that sexual assault accusers need to be held to a lower standard of proof than people who accuse of other crimes, just the same standard of proof.
tell that to all the male victims of Title IX Sex Tribunals (Preponderance of Evidence).
Either way, the equation of the Clinton accusations and the Cosby accusations simply doesn’t pass the smell test. Cosby has been accused by more than 50 women of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault, and there’s no reason to think anyone would lie about it. Clinton, in contrast, has been accused of sexual harassment by Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey, and the only substantive accusation of rape, made by Juanita Broaddrick, was thoroughly investigated in the ’90s. There simply is no evidence, one way or another, to tell if this was a sincere accusation or yet another incident of a wild-eyed Clinton hater with a grudge telling tall tales of murder and mayhem coming from those dastardly and satanic Clintons. Not all rape allegations are the same. And it’s not feminists who are suggesting they should be treated that way.
#ListenAndBelieve except when it's about a Clinton.

FWIW, libby c watson is a listen and believer, she's says as much in her tweet, but she's a listen and believer for Clinton.
Disgusting double standards from one of the worst scaremongers in the feminist movement.

Apparently political alliances trump even "feminist ideology".

It's easy to understand why. Prominent feminist ideologues like Marcotte use support for rape accusations as a political weapon. Rape accusations against fraternities or college students are used as a wedge to introduce college policies which allow feminist groups to control academia.

Rape and sexism accusations are used against promient academics, to destroy their reputation and either remove them from their jobs to make space for some feminist friendly people or cow them into submission. Rape accusations against celebrities are used for publicity, but only against celebrities which aren't more useful otherwise. Marcotte supports the Clinton bid for the presidency. She doesn't see any reason to attack her political ally.

It's interesting that among all examples of rape allegations that she supported she chooses those against Bill Cosby. Again, it's easy to see why. The allegations against Cosby have come from so many different and independent sources that there's plenty of evidence to their accuracy. Saying that he's probably guilty isn't controversial, and his preponderance of accusers can be easily contrasted with the "mere two" allegations against Clinton.

If Marcotte had chosen every other different case she supported she would have looked like an idiot. When feminists want to attack someone, one allegation of rape, even a flimsy, barely coherent one, is more than enough. Two allegations of rape are usually treated as the smoking gun. If Marcotte didn't support Clinton she would have had a field day.

It's clear to see that feminists like Marcotte don't really care about rape or about truth. Their moral outrage is simply a political tool, which they use to support their control over society and their personal power.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

feathers wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I saw it and I couldn't quite put into words exactly why I thought it was terrible until I saw Cinema Sins do a video on it.

[.youtube]Hw0c2kSoy9g[/youtube]
He's mostly bitching about trivia, and hasn't understood that the anachronisms are deliberate. Also, we don't know why demons look like what they do, on account of their general non-communicativeness.

[spoilers]
We're not watching the events from the outside, we're inside the girl's nightmare for most of the film. There's no reason our demon needs to move fast, it will catch up with you eventually, even if you've managed to pass it on down the chain.

[megaspoiler]
Her parents are not there because her father is probably dead (suicide?) and her mother's an alcoholic. But she does get to see her dad...
Really? Was that ever conveyed in the film itself, or is this just trivia from outside sources? Or is that something that you noticed on repeat viewings?

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/n ... ev5MK.html

This happened in 2013, but I heard about it only today. Fucktard Hindus play the feelz game.
:doh: :doh: :doh: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Pitchguest wrote:
Yes, there were plotholes but I thought it was one of the best horror movies I've seen for a long time. Same for Oculus.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Cnutella wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Yes, there were plotholes but I thought it was one of the best horror movies I've seen for a long time. Same for Oculus.
I thought there were some great moments in it, but I just couldn't grok the premise. It was stupid. It is stupid. (To me.)

Then again, I haven't watched a lot of horror movies lately. Comparatively, if you watched nothing but shlock horror, it could have been the best one yet. But it wasn't. (For me.) Still, 97% Fresh rating?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I agree with a handful of those sins but most of them are silly!

I liked the oddness of it but it kept dropping its concept. :/

My vagina is gone now. :(

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

rayshul wrote:I agree with a handful of those sins but most of them are silly!

A moment of silence for rayshul's vagina. It was good while it lasted, until a stupid awful movie like It Follows scared her everloving cunt off. RIP.

:cdc:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Pitchguest wrote:
feathers wrote:[megaspoiler]
Really? Was that ever conveyed in the film itself, or is this just trivia from outside sources? Or is that something that you noticed on repeat viewings?
Her mother is shown with wine or booze a couple of times, so that's easy enough to speculate.

Protip: if a film pans or zooms a portrait, the director's gonna use it later- stop the film and observe who are in the picture:
http://montages.no/files/2015/04/parents-41.jpg
one of these is a monster

Of course, many sites had noticed these things as well.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Jan Steen wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Thanks again everyone, and clearly I just got to pull the trigger of Jan's very non average gun.

Has anyone archived Jan's examples - or at least print screened them - before Carrier changes them?
If you put it like this, it sounds more like a job for Scented Nectar. :lol:

Let's not forget the commenter CTimeline on James McGraths blog, who set the whole thing rolling.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringo ... fight.html
So many men have very non average guns. The real question is, is your penis also very non average? Do you have a Tom of Finland type of bulge when you feel happy? I guess what I'm asking is, is that a gun in your pocket? :think:

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Steve Shives disappeared all the videos with his wife in them :lol:

I guess it's no fun being the definitive example of henpecked wuss. Or getting rage-stomped because Mama's unhappy about being an internet monster.

I have copies of the videos, but I'm missing one. I'll leave this here in the off chance someone might have it:

http://imgur.com/sTYyidW.jpg
I'm calling it. She made him take them down because they're splitting. She's reached the conundrum that feminist women eventually face. She got the kind of man she said she wanted but not the kind of man who gets her panties moist. The choices are split up, or go polyamorous, but she's probably such a control freak that the off off chance of Steve actually getting some is too upsetting for her.
Wouldn't shock me.

One of the big underlying cultural trends underlying a lot of the stuff that goes on these days, is quite frankly the concern about women straying from their marriage. Specifically women. I don't think this is rooted in misogyny, like say if it was OK for men to cheat but terrible for women...it's exactly the opposite, and that's where the concern comes from. There's a cultural trend that says that it's OK for women to do this, to get everything they want.

As I've said before, I actually have nothing against polyamory, but it actually has to be an egalitarian arrangement.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sexual harassment and the profession of astronomy:
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/arch ... my/422817/

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

High fashion house Dolce & Gabbana release luxury Hijab collection
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/j ... collection

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

rayshul wrote:I agree with a handful of those sins but most of them are silly!

I agree. By the end of the movie it had become inconsistent with the rules it established earlier.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

OT

My grandfather (Willy Robert, left) with François Truffaut (center). My grandfather was the boss of the largest Netherlands subtitle factory at the time. He was known in the US movie business as "Mister Magic". My sister dug this up while staying at my grandmother's last week.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... ijzmws.jpg

If you don't know who François Truffaut was, I think he played a small acting part in Close Encounter of the Third Kind.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

AGuardian article offers excuses the perpetrators of the Cologne attacks, indirectly blames the victims, and frames itself as "asking hard questions" and "not censoring the discussion" about the events.

From the article:
On New Year’s Eve, something happened that I don’t really want to talk about.
A journalist who "doesn't want to talk about" an important event. Bad start.
It happened not to me but to about 100 women in Cologne and other German cities, some of whom probably didn’t want to talk about it either; it often takes a while for victims to report sexual assault to the police.
Anoher questionable sentence. The writer immeditately tries to frame her reluctance to discuss an event as being similar to a reluctance for some victims to report a crime.

Those two kinds of reluctance are very different: the journalist isn't a victim and its it's part of the job to report on gruesome, grim events. The Cologne attacks were grim, but not unprecedented in journalistic history. A journalist who tries to associate a reluctance to report on some news with a reluctance of victims to report crimes is being purposefully manipulative.

The next paragraph makes it clearer while the journalist is drawing this comparison:
But that’s not quite why it has taken nearly a week to piece together the story of a spate of muggings and sexual attacks carried out that night by seemingly organised gangs of young men. Many Germans are asking why politicians, police and broadcasters seem so reluctant to discuss what happened under cover of the crowds (the state broadcaster EZF apologised for not covering the attacks until Tuesday), and whether it’s because the attackers are widely described as looking Arab or north African. Which is why, of course, liberals like me are reluctant to talk about it.
The journalist offers a sympathetic outlook for journalist who are unwilling to report an event by comparing them to the reluctance of the victims of an event. Even though there's a later qualification of the compassionate reason being "not quite" why journalists are unwilling to do their job, the manipulative tone asks the readers to sympathize with those journalists just as they sympathize with the victims.

This is rather dishonest and manipulative.
For xenophobes and racists, or merely anyone opposed to immigration, this story is Christmas come a week late. Rightwing politicians are salivating at this juicy new angle of attack on Angela Merkel’s “open door” refugee policy – although German authorities say the perpetrators’ origins are unknown and there’s no evidence linking recently arrived refugees to the attacks.
Right from the start the focus is taken from the victims of a crime, and from the negligent reporting, to a demonizzation of anyone who is concerned by the crime and by the negligent reporting.

Also note that there's no link to any statement of German authorities. The idea that perpertrators are of "unknown" origins and that there's no evidence linking refugees to the attack has been later debunked by information which has shown that there is evidence of such a link.
no wonder liberals would do anything to avoid fanning these flames, since we see in all this righteous indignation a blatantly racist old trope about barbarians at the gates. We bend over backwards to report it responsibly, to moderate the frothing rage bubbling up below the line. Quite rightly, we argue that punishing millions of refugees for the actions of a few criminals of unknown origin makes no more sense than branding all white men paedophiles because of Jimmy Savile. Or we say there have always been muggers and gropers, they’re only global news when they’re not white
Not everyone who is critical of shoddy reporting is asking that "millions of refugees" are punished for the actions of the perpetrators. Many people are asking that the perpetrators are identified and expelled and that the procedures for vetting refugees may be revised, since it seems that a not negligible part of the refugees shares some cultural attitudes towards women which are more similar to those of ISIS than to those of people who can be easily integrated in Western society.

There's also the issue that while ISIS targets disproportionately women, Yazidis, Christians, Kurds and Shia memenber many of the refugees are young male Sunni muslims, the same demographic which constitutes the majority of ISIS members.

Punishing perpetrators and handling a potentially threatening situation better doesn't compare to saying that all white men are pedophiles. Although it should be noted that many leftists are quick to denigrate any man who dares to reply "not all men" to the usual charges of sexism and misogyny.

Also the problem isn't with isolated rapists, muggers and gropers. The Cologne attacks were the actions of a rather large and public mob, which went largely unopposed by the police. In order to make the comparison better the journalist should have proposed a scenario where hundreds of Jimmy Savile acted in public, before the police, with no reaction.

In the later paragraphs the journalist admits that the leftist media may have failed, at least in part, to report on the Rotherham gang of child rapists because of political reasons:
It’s too simplistic to blame the failure to tackle grooming on so-called political correctness alone – the profoundly politically incorrect tendency to see exploited girls as “slags” complicit in their abuse, bog-standard incompetence and even alleged corruption played significant parts – but if everyone had asked harder questions a decade ago then it seems likely some children wouldn’t have suffered. It was a reminder that victims are victims, even when championed by the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
It's good to see that the journalist here is arguing that a story should be reported on regardless on whether it doesn't support their political narrative. However let's not delude ourselves that this bout of ethical standards will last long.

A few paragraphs later we find this:
The New Year’s Eve attacks are shocking at least partly because they’re confusing. If they were primarily sexually motivated, done for kicks or fuelled by assumptions about western women’s sexual availability, then surely there would be no reason to steal the victims’ valuables. Rapists seek power, not money.
What a stupid argument.

The journalist here is trying painting a picture of rapists as only power or thrill-seekers with no financial motivation. This may be true for serial rapists or serial kilers who act alone and in secret, but it's largely false for perps which act relatively in public and use their strengths in numbers.

Rape and robbery are often linked, especially in the cases of mobs and gangs. They're both crimes of opportunity, motivated by the powerlessness of the victim. Rapists, contrary to what is argued here, do not necessarily seek "power, not money". Criminals in general (especially gang or mob members) frequently seek both money and power. Robbers frequently rape or assault their victims after, or before, robbing them. Rapists have been known to steal wallets and watches after they've raped their victims.

Also to say that "rapists seek power" also contradicts the previous assumption that, in some cases, rapists can be "sexually motivated".
But if these were primarily robberies, and the groping just a novel way of disorientating victims long enough to pick their pockets, it’s odd that some of the assaults were reportedly so serious and that not all victims lost valuables.
The journalist is again considering the robberies to be different from the sexual assaults, as if the people who robs can't also sexually assault, or as if those crimes necessarily need different motivations.

The idea that robbery and sexual assault can't occur at the same time, or at different times from the same perpetrators, is only "odd" if one forgets that both are crimes of opportunity, committed in this case against isolated people by a mob of perpetrators, who are counting on the fact that they act with relative impunity.
Liberals shouldn’t be afraid to ask hard questions. Young German women thankfully enjoy historically unprecedented economic and sexual freedom, with their expensive smartphones and their right to celebrate New Year’s Eve however they want. The same isn’t always true of young male migrants exchanging life under repressive regimes, where they may at least have enjoyed superiority over women, for scraping by at the bottom of Europe’s social and economic food chain. It is not madness to ask if this has anything to do with attacks that render confident, seemingly lucky young women humiliated and powerless. But even if it does, the answer wouldn’t be to halt immigration – even if that were possible, which it isn’t regardless of whether Britain leaves the EU – just in case a few immigrants are sexually aggressive, any more than the answer to Savile is to keep all men away from children.
This paragraph tries to argue that it's the wealth and indipendence of German women that motivated frustrated male migrant, who enjoyed male supremacy in their countries, to act against them. Leaving aside the tired cliche of poverty causing sexual assaults (which is ready to be dismissed as a cliche by the left when the perpetrators aren't migrants), if what the paragraph argues is true then this is a very good reason to police immigration so that less frustrated, biogted young males come to Europe.

Many argue for an "end of immigration" with racist overtones, but cooler heads who simply don't agree with the leftist interpretatation argue for a better policing of immigration, which includes the precedence for demographics actually threatened by ISIS (women, Yazidis, Chrisitians, Kurds, women with children, families) over young single Sunni muslim males, which are admitted smply by claiming to be refugees, often with little to no background checks.

It's also useful to note that leftists are the first to support many restrictive measures that treat men as potential pedophiles, such as the prohibition for men to seat next to minors on aircrafts.

Overall this is a really awful article and an exercise in stupidity, Western guilt and implied victim-blaming.

The Guardian continues to peddle some awful journalism.

cnut the great

Post by cnut the great »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Steve Shives disappeared all the videos with his wife in them :lol:

I guess it's no fun being the definitive example of henpecked wuss. Or getting rage-stomped because Mama's unhappy about being an internet monster.

I have copies of the videos, but I'm missing one. I'll leave this here in the off chance someone might have it:

http://imgur.com/sTYyidW.jpg
I'm calling it. She made him take them down because they're splitting. She's reached the conundrum that feminist women eventually face. She got the kind of man she said she wanted but not the kind of man who gets her panties moist. The choices are split up, or go polyamorous, but she's probably such a control freak that the off off chance of Steve actually getting some is too upsetting for her.
Are there mirrors available for those of us who never managed to witness the marital horrorshow?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:Sexual harassment and the profession of astronomy:
Yeah, the problematic group for sexual harassment and gender discrimination is astronomers.

Muslims are only poor oppressed souls reacting against oppression and frustration.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'm going to get nuked but here it is: the current wave of migrants brings in a population that is maladapted to western democracy, who think the freedom in Western countries is a get-out-of-jail, free-for-all excuse to act like fucking barbarians. Who, in the end, think Western values are a form of weakness to be used and abused.

Politicians know it, and use it.

Case in point, regarding the November Paris attacks:
European Union Commission Vice-President Federica Mogherini and EU defence ministers backed France's request for help in military missions after they invoked Article 42.7 of the Treaty of the European Union for the first time since its creation. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, rejected calls to rethink the European Union's policy on migration. Dismissing suggestions that open borders led to the attacks, Juncker said he believed that the attacks should be met with a stronger display of liberal values, including internal open borders. The Czech Prime Minister expressed disappointment over Juncker's response
Those people really have no idea how Mediterranean culture (miner included), and muslim culture even more so, work.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I'm not sure whether this has been posted before, part of a tape made by a truck driver driving past the 18,000 strong migrant camp near Calais some months ago:
[youtube]loPXpoRrcP0[/youtube]
Dear Europe,

I'll take our migrants over your migrants any day.

Sincerely,
Texas

johnself

Post by johnself »

It does not make sense that someone would have it as his #1 priority to flee from imminent danger and then a few months later grope and rob the local population. You simply can't be that afraid of being deported if that is the case.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Kirbmarc wrote:AGuardian article offers excuses the perpetrators of the Cologne attacks, indirectly blames the victims, and frames itself as "asking hard questions" and "not censoring the discussion" about the events.

From the article:
Liberals shouldn’t be afraid to ask hard questions. Young German women thankfully enjoy historically unprecedented economic and sexual freedom, with their expensive smartphones and their right to celebrate New Year’s Eve however they want. The same isn’t always true of young male migrants exchanging life under repressive regimes, where they may at least have enjoyed superiority over women, for scraping by at the bottom of Europe’s social and economic food chain. It is not madness to ask if this has anything to do with attacks that render confident, seemingly lucky young women humiliated and powerless. But even if it does, the answer wouldn’t be to halt immigration – even if that were possible, which it isn’t regardless of whether Britain leaves the EU – just in case a few immigrants are sexually aggressive, any more than the answer to Savile is to keep all men away from children.
This paragraph tries to argue that it's the wealth and indipendence of German women that motivated frustrated male migrant, who enjoyed male supremacy in their countries, to act against them. Leaving aside the tired cliche of poverty causing sexual assaults (which is ready to be dismissed as a cliche by the left when the perpetrators aren't migrants), if what the paragraph argues is true then this is a very good reason to police immigration so that less frustrated, biogted young males come to Europe.

Smartphones?

Weren't we told that refugees had smartphones because they were so cheap?

Now it turns out that you have to be a wealthy, independent German woman to own a smartphone.

Let us hope these young girls are wealthy enough to buy some new knickers after they were ripped off.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

johnself wrote:It does not make sense that someone would have it as his #1 priority to flee from imminent danger and then a few months later grope and rob the local population. You simply can't be that afraid of being deported if that is the case.
EU is lax as fuck. Of course it makes sense.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I agree with you Phil.

And Trump is "right" , in a sense. In fact, seeing as how he keeps getting proven to be correct on such matters, this will only increase support for him and other RWNJs, not dilute it.

The media can keep peddling lies about oppressed Muslims, but people are not buying it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

SM12 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:AGuardian article offers excuses the perpetrators of the Cologne attacks, indirectly blames the victims, and frames itself as "asking hard questions" and "not censoring the discussion" about the events.

From the article:

Smartphones?

Weren't we told that refugees had smartphones because they were so cheap?

Now it turns out that you have to be a wealthy, independent German woman to own a smartphone.

Let us hope these young girls are wealthy enough to buy some new knickers after they were ripped off.
Is it just me, or does that particular paragraph also seem to paint German women as oppressors?

Like, the frustrated rapists just couldn't help it. They don't know any better and their lives are just so tough.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Trump is still wrong in so many ways. Like a reverse SJW, he doesn't understand shades of grey. And his toupee is an insult to common sense.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

If that's not victim-blaming, I don't know what is. "Enjoyed superiority over women" indeed. Well, by all means, you should make these young migrant men feel welcome and at home by allowing them to continue to enjoy superiority over women, especially women with expensive smartphones and a penchant for celebrating the New Year. Letting the male migrants grope and steal and rape as they please is the hospitable thing to do.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Trump is trolling.

It is one big advertisement for the Trump brand.

Same with Carson and Cruz. These fuckers always conveniently run for President when they have a book to promote or something. And if you have ever run for President, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the RWNJ lecture circuit for life.

Trump also says crazy things because it is more likely to go viral that way. He does not need to pay for ads because everyone is always talking about him.

Pro tip Phil: run for President next time you have an album to promote:ppp

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I think (and hope) the SJW movement is going to literally explode over that shit. If it does, it will be a delight to see the Myers and Carriers of this world follow close behind like dead comet tails.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

another lurker wrote:Trump is trolling.

It is one big advertisement for the Trump brand.

Same with Carson and Cruz. These fuckers always conveniently run for President when they have a book to promote or something. And if you have ever run for President, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the RWNJ lecture circuit for life.

Trump also says crazy things because it is more likely to go viral that way. He does not need to pay for ads because everyone is always talking about him.

Pro tip Phil: run for President next time you have an album to promote:ppp
I'll grant him that: he's a PR genius. Bad publicity is always publicity nonetheless.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

johnself wrote:It does not make sense that someone would have it as his #1 priority to flee from imminent danger and then a few months later grope and rob the local population. You simply can't be that afraid of being deported if that is the case.
You're supposing that all those who claim to be fleeing from imminent danger are actually fleeing from imminent danger, and not simply declaring to be a refugee while they immigrated for others (chiefly economic) reasons.

Young single Sunni Muslim males are much less likely to be actually fleeing from ISIS, and much more likely to grope and rob women, than women, families with children, Christians and Yazidis.

Howeer if you propose that women, families with children, Christians and Yazidis are given precedence as refugees over young Sunni Muslim males you're a "bigot" who is engaged in "religious discrimination" and doesn't have enough "humanity".

Never mind the fact that giving precedence to refugee status to groups who are directly targeted by an authoritarian movement makes a lot of sense.

It doesn't matter if you don't want to "end immigration" but simply to regulate it, to evaluate immigrants, to promote linguistic, social and economic integration. It doesn't matter if you support programs to allow Muslim women to study and learn the languge of the country they live in, or for children to learn the basic values of democracy and of liberal societies in public schools instead of being enrolled into Muslim religious schoos.

It doesn't matter if you want to promote liberal Muslim and Muslim scholars over the Wahabites and Salafites. It doesn't matter if you don't want people to build a mosque with money from countries which have supported terror groups and integralists, like Bahrein.

No, for the SJWs if you promote integration, a control of immigration, democracy and liberal values you're a "racist", a "BNP supporter", a "fascist" and ultimately a "sociopath".

The only way not to be a "racist" is to support uncontrolled immigration of people who aren't integrated in our societies and who shelter their women from modernity and raise their children according to integralism.

Christian extremist religious groups which aren't integrated in modern societies, which shelter their women from modernity and raise their children according to integralism, like the Quiverfull, are recognized as a huge social issue. When Muslims do the same it's "their culture" and if you want to deal with it you're a "white supremacist", a "racist" and "Islamophobic".

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

FYI, Canada is accepting thousands of refugees, but only women, children and families

Single men need not apply.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The only way not to be a "racist" is to support uncontrolled immigration of people who aren't integrated in our societies and who shelter their women from modernity and raise their children according to integralism
Standpoint theory, right?

In order to be "consistent", oppressed people are never wrong, and who are we to judge their lived experience yadda yadda. There is no room for nuance. And if it is true that not all marginalized people are little angels, then that brings into question the entire theory, which will then come crumbling down.

So we have to pretend that white cishet males are the ultimate cause of all the evil in the world, in order that we might continue to promote our own causes and that of our " oppressed" bros, sisters and agenders.

John D

Post by John D »

Currently popular on Facebook!
CYE4ga3VAAAvsMK.png orig.png
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 433 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

BarnOwl wrote:
If that's not victim-blaming, I don't know what is. "Enjoyed superiority over women" indeed. Well, by all means, you should make these young migrant men feel welcome and at home by allowing them to continue to enjoy superiority over women, especially women with expensive smartphones and a penchant for celebrating the New Year. Letting the male migrants grope and steal and rape as they please is the hospitable thing to do.
It is victim blaming, but moreover it's blaming Western society for not doing enough to help the poor frustrated rapists.

It's textbook Western guilt, the idea that since the West is richer and more free today, and since the Western elites have committed colonial crimes in the past, then we have to tolerate the crimes of non-Westerners in the present.

Which is like saying that if your grandfather's boss killed someone then if the granson of that someone wants your money and comes to your home and sexually assaults you, you have to grin and bear it, especially if the grndson in question isn't as rich as you.

It's all the product of collective Western guilt. Maybe it's easier for me to call bullshit on this argument because I come from a country which doesn't have a colonial past. Or maybe it's easier because I don't think that religious ideas are inherently worthy of respect, or that cultural trends should be respected only because they're cultural.

Anyway what the recent events are showing is a huge failure of multiculturalism. Immigration to a liberla demoracy only works if miigrants gradually assimilate the values and the standards of liberal democracies. I dare to say that all countries would be better if they gradually assimilates some values and standards, such as liberal democracy, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, separation of powers, innocent until proven guilty, the role of public opinion, checks and balances, the end of the patriarchal family, reproductive freedom, etc.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

another lurker wrote:FYI, Canada is accepting thousands of refugees, but only women, children and families

Switzerland too. It just makes sense.
Standpoint theory, right?

In order to be "consistent", oppressed people are never wrong, and who are we to judge their lived experience yadda yadda. There is no room for nuance. And if it is true that not all marginalized people are little angels, then that brings into question the entire theory, which will then come crumbling down.

So we have to pretend that white cishet males are the ultimate cause of all the evil in the world, in order that we might continue to promote our own causes and that of our " oppressed" bros, sisters and agenders.
Pretty much. There's also the issue that standpoint theory is mixed with some neo-Marxist rheoric about the evils of capitalism, so anyone who has less than others, or is believed to have less than others, is simply acting out of frustration for those who have more, no matter what they do.

Earning disparity, however, doesn't excuse or even explain sexual assault.

katamari Damassi

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm going to get nuked but here it is: the current wave of migrants brings in a population that is maladapted to western democracy, who think the freedom in Western countries is a get-out-of-jail, free-for-all excuse to act like fucking barbarians. Who, in the end, think Western values are a form of weakness to be used and abused.

European Union Commission Vice-President Federica Mogherini and EU defence ministers backed France's request for help in military missions after they invoked Article 42.7 of the Treaty of the European Union for the first time since its creation. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, rejected calls to rethink the European Union's policy on migration. Dismissing suggestions that open borders led to the attacks, Juncker said he believed that the attacks should be met with a stronger display of liberal values, including internal open borders. The Czech Prime Minister expressed disappointment over Juncker's response
Those people really have no idea how Mediterranean culture (miner included), and muslim culture even more so, work.
You won't get nuked by me Phil. I agree 100%.

johnself

Post by johnself »

Kirbmarc wrote:
another lurker wrote:FYI, Canada is accepting thousands of refugees, but only women, children and families

Switzerland too. It just makes sense.
Isn't this a bit sexist? A male refugee can have every bit as valid reasons to flee as a female; consider for instance a gay man in a dominant muslim country. I think it would make more sense to make a two-tier system for refugees where closed camps (baracks) are used to house refugees who are troublesome and awaits deportation when possible whereas refugees who have children or tries to adapt to the culture can be housed in more normal open surroundings.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

One can only hope the Germans can find a
FINAL SOLUTION
to their problems.
:handgestures-fingerscrossed: :confusion-helpsos: :obscene-hanged: :laughing-rolling: :techie-offtheair: :text-bravo:
:popcorn: :twisted:

John D

Post by John D »

Billy The Hillbilly wrote:One can only hope the Germans can find a
FINAL SOLUTION
to their problems.
:handgestures-fingerscrossed: :confusion-helpsos: :obscene-hanged: :laughing-rolling: :techie-offtheair: :text-bravo:
:popcorn: :twisted:
Haha. I think I have told this story before, but the German guys I work with are comically ignorant of the phrase "The Final Solution". I suspect that in English this phrase mean nothing special to them.

They actually use this phrase in English quite a bit. They will say things like "This is our initial proposal for the design change, but we are still working on the Final Solution." Haha. I am always tempted to say something like... "Well you know how poorly that went last time!"
:rimshot:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:
ffs wrote:
that Marcotte article is filled with her usual crapola

archive.is/UZpTB

Marcotte now
This entire gotcha is based on a straw man. Contrary to what conservatives might have you believe, it simply isn’t true that feminists think every allegation of sexual harassment or assault, no matter how unlikely, should be treated like God’s honest truth. What feminists want is to end the double standard, where sexual abuse allegations are disbelieved out of hand, subjected to more skepticism and second-guessing than any other crime, or dismissed even in the face of strong evidence. By saying most women aren’t liars, we aren’t denying that some women do lie. This is an important distinction.
“I think rape and sexual assault allegations should be treated like allegations of mugging or burglary —which is to say, investigated promptly and thoroughly, on the assumption that the person reporting a crime is telling the truth,” Kate Harding, the author of 2015’s must-read examination of rape culture, “Asking For It,” told me over email. “But that’s often not how it works — so many people, including many in the justice system, presume that anyone reporting a rape is just as likely to be lying as not. When feminists affirm that we believe victims, we’re saying there’s absolutely no good reason to presume that when someone reports sexual violence, there’s a 50/50 chance they’re lying.”
“We’re not saying we’ll ignore any evidence that someone fabricated a claim of rape,” she added.
Marcotte then
Can’t a few white boys sexually assault a black woman anymore without people getting all wound up about it? So unfair.
Plus every case that has since come along, including the UVA Hoax.

She even adds:
feminists do not and have never said that sexual assault accusers need to be held to a lower standard of proof than people who accuse of other crimes, just the same standard of proof.
tell that to all the male victims of Title IX Sex Tribunals (Preponderance of Evidence).
Either way, the equation of the Clinton accusations and the Cosby accusations simply doesn’t pass the smell test. Cosby has been accused by more than 50 women of sexual assault or attempted sexual assault, and there’s no reason to think anyone would lie about it. Clinton, in contrast, has been accused of sexual harassment by Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey, and the only substantive accusation of rape, made by Juanita Broaddrick, was thoroughly investigated in the ’90s. There simply is no evidence, one way or another, to tell if this was a sincere accusation or yet another incident of a wild-eyed Clinton hater with a grudge telling tall tales of murder and mayhem coming from those dastardly and satanic Clintons. Not all rape allegations are the same. And it’s not feminists who are suggesting they should be treated that way.
#ListenAndBelieve except when it's about a Clinton.

FWIW, libby c watson is a listen and believer, she's says as much in her tweet, but she's a listen and believer for Clinton.
I give you this masterpiece of dark ages architecture feminist argumentation:

http://www.clydesdalesheritage.org.uk/w ... 1/08/1.jpg

Git

Post by Git »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm going to get nuked but here it is: the current wave of migrants brings in a population that is maladapted to western democracy, who think the freedom in Western countries is a get-out-of-jail, free-for-all excuse to act like fucking barbarians. Who, in the end, think Western values are a form of weakness to be used and abused.

You won't get nuked by me Phil. I agree 100%.
Bear in mind that to pro-EU fanatics the solution to anything and everything is always more EU, more power to EU goons, and more integration.

But like Steers and nuking Mecca. (sorry Steerzo)

Git

Post by Git »

They just need to find the Picture of the Fallen Madonna with ze Big Boobies

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

http://nypost.com/2016/01/07/college-do ... SocialFlow

Don't know if anyone picked up on this.

Apparently the brainwashing continues.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

We should have black only areas in every city.

Muslim only areas too.

Safe spaces, bro.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
another lurker wrote:Sexual harassment and the profession of astronomy:
Yeah, the problematic group for sexual harassment and gender discrimination is astronomers.

Muslims are only poor oppressed souls reacting against oppression and frustration.
I once had female graduate students complain (to the Dept. chair) about the T-shirt I wore while teaching them advanced stellar astrophysics. They deemed the logo unacceptable.

Judge for yourselves:

https://scienceforlife365.files.wordpre ... .jpg?w=604

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Fuck it.

You know what.

Send all the blacks back to Africa, Muslims to their respective countries, then everyone can be totes safe amongst their own kind, who truly understand their struggles and lived experiences.

Isn't this the culturally sensitive argument that is made by Stormfront?

katamari Damassi

Was checking out Patheos. Weirdly silent about the Cologne attacks-including the Muslim channels.

Libby Anne types one handed about the new Star Wars. Feminists really love this movie. I honestly didn't see that coming. I just assumed the protagonist would be too white cis-het able bodied for them.

Dave

Post by Dave »

katamari Damassi wrote:Libby Anne types one handed about the new Star Wars. Feminists really love this movie. I honestly didn't see that coming. I just assumed the protagonist would be too white cis-het able bodied for them.
I saw one comment on FB, in response to the umpteenth screed about how wonderful/horrible/typical/extraordinary something in the new Star Wars was:
I did not realize _The Force Awakens_ was a two hour showing of inkblots.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote:Was checking out Patheos. Weirdly silent about the Cologne attacks-including the Muslim channels.
Likewise FTB - still all crickets when it comes to Cologne. Given FTBs thirst for rape & misogyny stories, it makes the absence of any comment ever more glaring.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

another lurker wrote:We should have black only areas in every city.

Muslim only areas too.

Safe spaces, bro.
With their own drinking fountains.