Lol.

http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/i ... nting7.png

http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/i ... nting3.jpg

Stupid Manc cunts but they did make me laugh. :lol:

Sunder

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Sunder »

Eskarina wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I love how Nugent speaks of Myers as a spent force, something to be stepped around until it finally gets hosed off the sidewalk.
Dito. And Dawkins fully endorses Nugent.
Ouch! That must hurt.
I'm actually going to give Nuge the benefit of the doubt, because from what I can see, he's not doing a PZ or even Mehta-style "if you're an atheist you must believe these things," but rather "if you're an atheist the following issues affect you and you should probably care about them."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Hmmm.

:think: :think: :think:

This teaser from Meyers ("you'll have to wait until tomorrow") might indicate a publication from the dirty old skeeve.

That image looks like it might be multi-channel fluorescently labelled, as by antibodies. Could he have found a source to publish his roundup experiments at last?

http://i.imgur.com/VqMxOH3.png
Or, just a cheap way to double his hits per post.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

rayshul wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And to expand on that a bit. There are very good chances that victims of sexual assault may be in the same ward as the man-presenting woman. What would be the victim's reaction to having a butch (of whom she has no idea is a woman) invade what she thought was a safe space? Do the feelings of Trans* people now trump the feelings of rape victims?
I think the realities of finding space for people in a hospital trumps the feelings of everyone.

The very rare incident where you have a transman pregnant should probably be dealt with in exactly the same place as a pregnant woman... I've spent a lot of time in our local maternity ward and I don't think there was anything on there that said you had to be a woman there tbh. Does there need to be separate services when essentially the same stuff is happening?
That's pretty much how I see it. Realz over feelz. If someone with the sexual anatomy of a woman has a health issue that affects that anatomy, then that person needs to see a gyno. The hypothetical rape victim in the waiting room will just have to endure the horror of being around someone who looks like a man.

This is the sort of situation where the modern obsession with identities and pronouns and neuroses has the potential to become dangerous. OBGYNs deal with life threatening conditions like ectopic pregnancies and ovarian cancer. For that reason, its really important that the TERFS fail at any attempt they might make at elevating the concept of "OBGYN office as safe space" to the status of a human right. No one's anxiety should trump another's access to medical care. Similarly, it's in no one's best interest if the otherkin start showing up to veterinary clinics and demanding to have their illnesses treated. That would put the veterinarians in a bad position, and ultimately the fact that you think you are a snake doesn't mean the best person to treat your human health issue is going to be a herpetologist.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

penis.gif
(45.28 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
More lulz from Lady Black. She is also accusing RacismisBadDude of trolling and demanding that xie be banned for 'derailing'. And denying that she compared Quiverfull shaming to Saudi Arabian executions (of rape victims)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2436096321

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Yet more abject cuntiness from Werleman. http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/01/cj ... lonialism/

There's always next year, folks. :whistle:

ffs

Post by ffs »

Tigzy wrote:Yet more abject cuntiness from Werleman. http://www.gspellchecker.com/2016/01/cj ... lonialism/

There's always next year, folks. :whistle:
Thor's Balls those 2009 and 2010 comments should really qualify him for cunt of the year redeliberations

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ffs wrote: Perhaps he can get lucky and find a woman like mrs. shives, who wanted two
He's got to forty years of age, realises his current strategies have been of no use whatsoever, but doesn't think that he should change his strategy given its inutility? This is splendid. An example, I assume, of evolution in action. If he can't figure out how to dump his gametes anywhere where they will be reproduced he doesn't get to reproduce them. Wonderful. However, I expect he doesn't give much of a pinched-off-lawyer-on-the-clock-shit about that. He wants sex. He ought to be told that he can buy it, but I wouldn't tell him that. I'd rather see him twist in the wind. But then, I'm a miserable bastard.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

PZ Myers trying to turn the tide on the term Regressive Left by labeling Hitchens and Harris as Regressive Leftists. Let the salt flow! :burn: :burn: :burn:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Oh Lord.

I love arguing as an SJW.

I can be as intellectually dishonest as I want.

I can claim the moral highground simply by declaring how much I care for oppressed and marginalized people.

No wonder it's so addictive.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Old_ones wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And to expand on that a bit. There are very good chances that victims of sexual assault may be in the same ward as the man-presenting woman. What would be the victim's reaction to having a butch (of whom she has no idea is a woman) invade what she thought was a safe space? Do the feelings of Trans* people now trump the feelings of rape victims?
I think the realities of finding space for people in a hospital trumps the feelings of everyone.

The very rare incident where you have a transman pregnant should probably be dealt with in exactly the same place as a pregnant woman... I've spent a lot of time in our local maternity ward and I don't think there was anything on there that said you had to be a woman there tbh. Does there need to be separate services when essentially the same stuff is happening?
That's pretty much how I see it. Realz over feelz. If someone with the sexual anatomy of a woman has a health issue that affects that anatomy, then that person needs to see a gyno. The hypothetical rape victim in the waiting room will just have to endure the horror of being around someone who looks like a man.

This is the sort of situation where the modern obsession with identities and pronouns and neuroses has the potential to become dangerous. OBGYNs deal with life threatening conditions like ectopic pregnancies and ovarian cancer. For that reason, its really important that the TERFS fail at any attempt they might make at elevating the concept of "OBGYN office as safe space" to the status of a human right. No one's anxiety should trump another's access to medical care. Similarly, it's in no one's best interest if the otherkin start showing up to veterinary clinics and demanding to have their illnesses treated. That would put the veterinarians in a bad position, and ultimately the fact that you think you are a snake doesn't mean the best person to treat your human health issue is going to be a herpetologist.
Not sure TERFS would have much of an issue re OBGYN. My impression is that TERFS object to biologically male trans persons (i.e., MtF) invading female spaces. Whereas in an OBGYN, you would find biologically female trans persons (FtM) seeking treatment, which AIUI is not a problem for TERFS.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
penis.gif
More lulz from Lady Black. She is also accusing RacismisBadDude of trolling and demanding that xie be banned for 'derailing'. And denying that she compared Quiverfull shaming to Saudi Arabian executions (of rape victims)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2436096321
You have become Elfwick's twin sister.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

RonSwanson wrote:PZ Myers trying to turn the tide on the term Regressive Left by labeling Hitchens and Harris as Regressive Leftists. Let the salt flow! :burn: :burn: :burn:
I'm sorry, do you have a flag Wikipedia entry?

http://imgur.com/AHSNWSs.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regressive_left

John D

Post by John D »

piginthecity wrote:
John D wrote: The Goldfinches are bitches however.... as they have such an abundance of seeds, they pick through my feeder and only eat the absolutely perfect seed. The "unacceptable" seeds get tossed to the ground for the squirrels. I go through way more feed than I should. The Goldfinches sit on the feeder for an hour picking through the thistle and sunflower seeds. Bitches!
You can buy special seed for Goldfinchers called Niger or Nyger Seed (calm down, Steerso !). That's if your Goldfinches are the same as ours. It's amazingly attractive to Goldfinches and they'll happily eat this for hours and leave all your other seeds alone. It's expensive but it lasts a long time because the seeds are small and it takes them a while to eat it.
Yep - I do feed them Nyger. Only the Goldfinches, House Finches, and Chickadees eat this seed. But my Goldfinches are spoiled. Five to Eight of them spend hours sitting on the perch plucking out Nyger, and flicking the seeds on the ground till they find just the right one. They empty my 15 inch feeder tube in three days... the greedy little fuckers. Once I run out of Nyger they move over to the black oil sunflower seeds and start dumping them. Bitches!

I put peanuts out in a special little feeder yesterday. It works well. Only the Woodpeckers and Nuthatches eat the peanuts. So far the Blue Jays and Cardinals have not found the peanuts... but I am sure they would love them. Maybe I will see these in a few days.

I may start feeding the shelled sunflower. This may prevent the finches from tossing them to the ground and I may save money in the long run.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

screwtape wrote:
ffs wrote: Perhaps he can get lucky and find a woman like mrs. shives, who wanted two
He's got to forty years of age, realises his current strategies have been of no use whatsoever, but doesn't think that he should change his strategy given its inutility? This is splendid. An example, I assume, of evolution in action. If he can't figure out how to dump his gametes anywhere where they will be reproduced he doesn't get to reproduce them. Wonderful. However, I expect he doesn't give much of a pinched-off-lawyer-on-the-clock-shit about that. He wants sex. He ought to be told that he can buy it, but I wouldn't tell him that. I'd rather see him twist in the wind. But then, I'm a miserable bastard.
Are we sure it's not a Poe? It reads like a Poe to me. Come, a 40 year old virgin? Seriously?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Every time Rebecca Watson gets her bell rung, an angel earns his wings.

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
John D wrote: The Goldfinches are bitches however.... as they have such an abundance of seeds, they pick through my feeder and only eat the absolutely perfect seed. The "unacceptable" seeds get tossed to the ground for the squirrels. I go through way more feed than I should. The Goldfinches sit on the feeder for an hour picking through the thistle and sunflower seeds. Bitches!
You can buy special seed for Goldfinchers called Niger or Nyger Seed (calm down, Steerso !). That's if your Goldfinches are the same as ours. It's amazingly attractive to Goldfinches and they'll happily eat this for hours and leave all your other seeds alone. It's expensive but it lasts a long time because the seeds are small and it takes them a while to eat it.
Yep - I do feed them Nyger. Only the Goldfinches, House Finches, and Chickadees eat this seed. But my Goldfinches are spoiled. Five to Eight of them spend hours sitting on the perch plucking out Nyger, and flicking the seeds on the ground till they find just the right one. They empty my 15 inch feeder tube in three days... the greedy little fuckers. Once I run out of Nyger they move over to the black oil sunflower seeds and start dumping them. Bitches!

I put peanuts out in a special little feeder yesterday. It works well. Only the Woodpeckers and Nuthatches eat the peanuts. So far the Blue Jays and Cardinals have not found the peanuts... but I am sure they would love them. Maybe I will see these in a few days.

I may start feeding the shelled sunflower. This may prevent the finches from tossing them to the ground and I may save money in the long run.
My dad puts out special peanut butter (without salt and other additives); birdies love it, great source of fat.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Epic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Something about Randi Harper getting kicked out of something for being a nasty piece of shit:

FreeBSD Community Breathes Sigh Of Relief As Toxic Activist Randi Harper Finally Quits

Christ, she's a porker.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

So Lady Black is flagging fungible, because xie had the temerity to ask that trans people not be erased:
lady_black fungible • a few seconds ago

This article is not about pregnancy or transgender issues. I don't think transmen should be harassed for breastfeeding either. FLAGGED.
Really cute, considering that a few days ago, she was all 'prostates are a woman's health issue' over on Man Hate Feminism, on an article about abortion.

Sheesh, these people.

She wants to get fungible and racismisbad banned for derailing. Lulz.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:I'm sorry, do you have a flag Wikipedia entry?

Of course, PZ Myers considers Harris, and possibly also Maher, as conservative rightists.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:
:lol:

And Bacardi accounts for another point of GDP :dance:

I just looked at her Patreon page. I don't think I've ever seen it dip this low before.

http://imgur.com/SjRmp0g.png

I think Brive is right. Although pledges will go up and down, there's a discernible direction to hers, and it's downward. Ouch.

Ophelia's donors/donations vary markedly, depending on how close it is to payday, but she manages to hold steady from month to month.

http://imgur.com/Q1eIwaT.png

We may actually get to see someone fuck themselves out of thousands of FREE dollars a month, just because they're a lazy misanthrope. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

No job? Free money? No thanks! I believe I'll carry on being an mean-ass slacker. GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote:
piginthecity wrote:

I make hanging bowls out of hardware cloth for oil sunflower seeds. The mesh size doesn't allow intact seeds to fall through but will allow a lot of the cracked seeds through or to blow away if there is wind. Because the bird shit and rain goes right through there is no mold growth and makes it easy to keep clean.
I add seeds every morning,and regulate the amount so they pretty much finish it by evening.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Don't say I never do anything for you.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

another lurker wrote:Don't say I never do anything for you.

Sexually frustrate me on top of all my other problems?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

re. hardware cloth birdfeeder bowls, check out 1:00 to 2:00
[youtube]sbUaS-F1nc0[/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I'm sorry, do you have a flag Wikipedia entry?

Of course, PZ Myers considers Harris, and possibly also Maher, as conservative rightists.
Of course. Because everyone who reminds him what a powerless dweeb he's been most of his life isn't an opponent, he's a menace to the galaxy.

Meanwhile, Dave Silverman is an admitted conservative who hates voting Democrat because they're "too liberal", and continually vexes Peez by trying to recruit atheists from gun-bearing Randroids. But, he gets a pass. Because Peez stupidly called him a "principled atheist" for beating on Vacula, then gave him $1000 in his wife's name.

Admit it, Peez. You fucked up and won't back down only because you had an embarrassing fanboi moment :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Haydn Porter, who disses SJWs for ragging on her "Slave Princess Leia" costume:
Haydn_Leia.png
(349.42 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
The idea that you can’t be sexual and strong is really faulty. Granted, when she’s a slave, it’s not out of choice, so she’s not choosing to wear that kind of stuff, but she does choose to not let it limit her. Despite being held captive, she doesn’t give up. She doesn’t allow someone else sexualizing her to be her end point. I don’t understand how people can’t see that.

Code: Select all

The women who are criticizing booth babes feel bad about themselves....  The only people it’s bad for are the women who are supposedly defending other women’s rights by saying that job shouldn’t exist. Apparently they’re the only ones upset about it. Maybe they should have their own conventions that eliminate all fun. I mean, really.
It’s not so much that I don’t like political correctness. I just don’t think it’s wise or acceptable to be limiting your art and your self-expression... And when you’re starting to worry about having to adhere to arbitrary rules on political correctness, you’re really limiting your self-expression. It’s hard to be creative when you’re working in particular confines. It’s a risky thing, because you run the risk of people banding against you. People get so angry over it that their angry response to your apparent violation of political correctness is the more dangerous thing than who you may have offended. It much more scares me how people react to things they don’t agree with than what whatever artist might be making in the first place.
Haydn-Porter-5.jpg
(90.72 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
HaydnPorter.jpg
(49.14 KiB) Downloaded 461 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

One more for the froth:
haydn Porter_8.jpg
(59 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:Are we sure it's not a Poe? It reads like a Poe to me. Come, a 40 year old virgin? Seriously?
A 'toon like Sasha Pixlee should set Poe klaxons screaming, but he's real.

We can't know anymore. We can't invent weirdos weirder than social justice baboons. The stranger Parsehole got, the more some people were convinced Elfwick was real :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/jjcYUzn.jpg

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Read The Epic Social Justice Warrior Smackdown That Is Going Viral:

SJW: “We are fighting to end hate, to unite as one and love each other. We are fighting to be treated right without discrimination and for everyone to have equal opportunities.”

Anon: Bullshit. You have no quantifiable metrics for injustice, so you have no victory conditions (for a very simplified example, when blacks hold X% of all engineering jobs and are only Y% of all prisoners, racism is ended). That would be fine by itself, but you believe in fighting injustice with injustice (gays have historically been denied gay marriage? let’s get random CEOs fired for opinions they held six years ago). You don’t seek converts, you seek to punish and bully – straight white males who disagree with you must be purged and publicly humiliated. Even the jihadists will spare you if you convert; no apology or future correction will satisfy a SJW.

I could forgive that too if you weren’t all hypocrites and liars. Your treatment of women and minority dissenters is appalling; if they don’t want you acting on their behalf, that’s their choice, not “internalized patriarchy” or whatever. You rob them of moral agency. When called out for these behaviors (as you always insist on calling out others), you lie. You strawman your opponents (criticized a woman? misogynist!), you group them with the worst (you’re a gamer? you’re as bad as the anonymous rape threateners!) and when confronted with your own flaws, you restate them less threateningly (motte and bailey argument). You phrase all arguments as kafkatraps (disagreeing with your assertion that we are evil is taken as proof that we’re evil). You publish manipulated and misleading statistics, then lambast anyone who questions them.

You insist on vigilante justice against random acts of the week for your two-minutes hate. Why is it the NFL’s business to punish domestic violence? And, if it is their business, why isn’t Hope Solo receiving the same attention from your side?

Then you claim to be arguing for equality, but you’ve taken the idea of racism (hatred based on skin color is bad) and replaced it with a new concept where only one race can be guilty of racism. You excuse racial prejudice and hatred based on what I’ve already explained are arbitrary, unmeasured states of being. Your solution for the unequal treatment of whites and blacks is to hold whites to a higher standard. Your side lobbied the FBI to redefine rape so more women victims would be counted, but also so that “made to penetrate” does not count, leaving male victims in the cold. Because male privilege, apparently.

Historically ignorant SJWs think whites hold collective guilt for the awful things our ancestors have done. But they don’t care about the unspeakable atrocities by other races. The only difference between whites and others was that whites had the social and technological prowess to do evil efficiently; Africans, Asians, Indians, and everyone else practiced genocide and slavery, they were just less adept at doing it right. Given the means, they would have done the same. But nope, only whites are guilty; Arab oppression of blacks and caucasians never happened, not to us, nope.

I’ve been lucky enough to grow up in America, so this shit is new to me. But I’m descended from puritans, and I know my history; I know how they treated dissent. I also know how commies treated dissent; I grew up next door to a grizzled old Russian who barely avoided the gulag by smuggling himself out of the country. I know what you petty tyrants have turned into every time you gained enough power.

Worst of all, you turn the very principles of freedom against us. We tolerate you because we believe in free speech and civil discourse, not bullying and violence. But that means we have to watch you advocate against that very freedom. We don’t believe in ruining a stranger’s professional life over an opinion, but that means that we can’t punish your actions.

We believe that the rightness of our actions should speak for itself. You believe in bullying, even as you claim to love the oppressed.

Funny how the evil and all-powerful patriarchy has seen fit to act according to SJW whims for all of recent memory, punishing those they hate and protecting those they love. Funny how the evil oppressor males have to speak anonymously, while the SJWs fighting the power can use their real names and get mainstream media coverage for fun and profit. How when a million straight white male nerds get bullied, no one cares, but the minute one fag hangs himself, suddenly bullying matters – and the solution, of course, is more bullying, but by the “right” people.

That’s the arrogant core of it. You do the same evil, in the same pattern, as so many before you, because mob justice, punishing dissent, and repression of others is just fine and dandy so long as the “right” people are doing it to the “wrong” people.

Eat shit and die. All I ever asked was to be left alone.

Mike drop. :clap:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/3 ... ium=social

ffs

Post by ffs »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:One more for the froth:
haydn Porter_8.jpg
How is it she looks like a Spider-Women or Spider-Man cover? I thought that kind of thing was impossible

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Part of PZ's reply:

I have been told that I must deal with a “misogynistic” statement expressed on Freethoughtblogs by Lux Pickel. They said, “Centering our pro-abortion rhetoric around women is inherently erasing of the existence and needs of trans individuals.“

I have two points to make here.

There is a gross misunderstanding about what I can do. I do not manage FtB in any sense of the word — this is a kind of anarchic collective with a group of fully autonomous blogs. I have no particular authority. In fact, I’d say I have less authority, because there’s definitely an anti-authoritarian mindset here, and the fact that so many people think that because of my traffic (which is totally irrelevant to status at FtB) I must be the boss has fostered a bit of a counter-reaction. So the last thing that would get a proposal approved is having me author it.

This is not to say this is a good situation. The lack of central authority here has, in my opinion, been a detriment to the progress of the network. If I had to do it all over again, I would have set up a board of directors with some limited authority, and which would have included independent non-bloggers, to make essential decisions about the overall direction of the network. But we didn’t, and I am not in charge of the network. That seems very hard for a lot of people to grasp, that we might have devolved power here to the group rather than keeping it all in the hands of the founders.
What was that again?
there’s definitely an anti-authoritarian mindset here
Hahaaaa - shut up toad.

Right -
This is not to say this is a good situation. The lack of central authority here has, in my opinion, been a detriment to the progress of the network.
But I thought FTB had some sort of executive commitee. That's what you told, the Nuge, right?
I would have set up a board of directors with some limited authority, and which would have included independent non-bloggers, to make essential decisions about the overall direction of the network. But we didn’t...
So there never was an FTB executive commitee?
I am not in charge of the network.
Well, whatevs. Should come as no surprise to find Peez flat-out contradicting himself yet again. Nevertheless, I'm curious - who's presently running the admin side of FTB? I'd assumed that Ed had been doing it, but since he fucked right off out of it, I can't help but wonder who, exactly, is responsible divvying up the ever-decreasing cash amongst the ever-decreasing bloggers, organising FTBcon etc, handling complaints & disputes etc. Have to say, my primary suspicion is that - by now at least - they're all just pretty much muddling through it.
When Ed left he specifically said that he owned the nerwork.
I suspect that hasn't changed.
This is probably going to come as shocking news to a lot of people, but I have made the incredibly difficult decision to leave the network I created and own.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Haydn Porter, who disses SJWs for ragging on her "Slave Princess Leia" costume:
The attachment Haydn_Leiapg is no longer available
The idea that you can’t be sexual and strong is really faulty. Granted, when she’s a slave, it’s not out of choice, so she’s not choosing to wear that kind of stuff, but she does choose to not let it limit her. Despite being held captive, she doesn’t give up. She doesn’t allow someone else sexualizing her to be her end point. I don’t understand how people can’t see that.

Code: Select all

The women who are criticizing booth babes feel bad about themselves....  The only people it’s bad for are the women who are supposedly defending other women’s rights by saying that job shouldn’t exist. Apparently they’re the only ones upset about it. Maybe they should have their own conventions that eliminate all fun. I mean, really.
It’s not so much that I don’t like political correctness. I just don’t think it’s wise or acceptable to be limiting your art and your self-expression... And when you’re starting to worry about having to adhere to arbitrary rules on political correctness, you’re really limiting your self-expression. It’s hard to be creative when you’re working in particular confines. It’s a risky thing, because you run the risk of people banding against you. People get so angry over it that their angry response to your apparent violation of political correctness is the more dangerous thing than who you may have offended. It much more scares me how people react to things they don’t agree with than what whatever artist might be making in the first place.
The attachment Haydn-Porte-5jpg is no longer available
The attachment HaydnPorter.pg is no longer available
In Polish now, shitlord.
Attachments
s4ZwkyA.jpg
(784.53 KiB) Downloaded 373 times

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:When Ed left he specifically said that he owned the nerwork.
This is probably going to come as shocking news to a lot of people, but I have made the incredibly difficult decision to leave the network I created and own.
If so why would Brayton want to remain legally liable for FTB after divorcing himself? It just means he'll be responsible for another Avicenna situation or similar should it occur while having less direct oversight to prevent it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steers scores!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:When Ed left he specifically said that he owned the nerwork.
If so why would Brayton want to remain legally liable for FTB after divorcing himself? It just means he'll be responsible for another Avicenna situation or similar should it occur while having less direct oversight to prevent it.
I have no idea, just noting the curious wording. It's almost as if he assigns value to it :?

Or maybe it runs at a loss and it's a tax dodge? ;)

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

ffs wrote:
haydn Porter_8.jpg
How is it she looks like a Spider-Women or Spider-Man cover? I thought that kind of thing was impossible
Are you referring to Milo Manara's infamous Spider-Woman cover?

A cosplayer reproduced the supposedly impossible pose:

https://g33kp0rn.files.wordpress.com/20 ... r-butt.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Peez's tries to start a slap fight with Shermer - straight after having been taken to task over his own child like acceptance of the Lucy doco.

http://i.imgur.com/XavSVZm.jpg

ffs

Post by ffs »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
ffs wrote:
haydn Porter_8.jpg

Yeah that whole deal was utterly nuts

Also need more bodypaint cosplayer photos. for research

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Seeing as how we're picking on C.J. Whirligig.....Somebody sent me this:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BTW...Happy New year, you lot.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
ffs wrote:
haydn Porter_8.jpg

Yeah but it's not being attempted by a 280lbs SJW with pink hair and no joint flexibility, so clearly it doesn't count.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Haydn Porter, who disses SJWs for ragging on her "Slave Princess Leia" costume:
Haydn_Leia.png
download/file.php?id=3529&sid=2b4d30610 ... c10425.png
It's difficult to draw conclusions from such a small image. Don't you have a hires image, preferably animated 3D, so I can better study the misogyny inherent in Star Trek from all perspectives?

After I've recovered from AL's, that is.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

haydn Porter_8.jpg
You call that a challenge!

That was easy!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Eh, Star Wars. See what you did to my brain, A. Lurker?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Brive1987 wrote:Peez's tries to start a slap fight with Shermer - straight after having been taken to task over his own child like acceptance of the Lucy doco.

http://i.imgur.com/XavSVZm.jpg
Shermers piece is very short - just a few paragraphs.
I think Hawks is particularly aggrieved that Shermer criticises the time taken to publish in eLife compared to a big name journal. This is a mistake on Shermers part - eLife is a decent journal and has a very open policy regarding showing reviewers comments.
As for Shermers ritual sacrifice hypothesis - I think Hawks is wrong to dismiss it out of hand. Hawks uses the fact that no broken bones were discovered that indicated violent death for any of the bodies but broken bones are only one way that a ritual sacrifice could be done. Poisoning, drowning, suffocation, etc, would have sufficed to kill the individual but leave the bones intact. Shermer doesn't mentions these particular alternatives but neither does Hawks in his dismissal of any possibility that Shermer might have the inkling of a point.
Does Shermer have a point?
I'm not sure - he would have had a better point if he'd been less snooty about the journal and also the time taken from discovery until publication.
But I don't see Hawks as providing a knockout punch to Shermers hypothesis.

As for Peezus. you can almost hear the bile bubbling up and shooting out his ears. The very idea of PZ Myers criticising someone else for not being a good skeptic is hilarious.

I've long since stopped regarding him as anything other than a lucky first adopter of the science blogging process. He has proven himself a third rate scientist who simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth about others.
He is not in the same league as Dawkins, Harris or Hitchens. Not to mention tier 2 New Atheist bloggers like Coyne and Nugent.
I honestly see him as being in the league of Thibeault and Svan - just another talentless hack, albeit one with a loud (and thankfully gradually quietening) megaphone.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:Peez's tries to start a slap fight with Shermer - straight after having been taken to task over his own child like acceptance of the Lucy doco.

[img]
What Lucy doco? What did I miss, sounds like fun?

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

[youtube]LDZX4ooRsWs[/youtube]

Check out Nicki Minaj's Anaconda at 2:20. Looks almost identical to spider woman.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I really don't see PZ's target market.

He is outside the TWF demographic, the New Atheist excitement moved on with hardly a flick of the hair, his science is blah, his bile predictable and so well documented it could be a drinking game. His network is moribund, his comments sections incapable of generating intelligent debate or even passing interest.

And the war on AS leadership (with the associated terraforming of Cons) failed, the Buzzfeed article being a final Pickett's Charge into the guns of Dawkins, Harris and Nugent. PZ is reduced to sniping Shermer from the treeline, fearful of unmasking his rapist-artillery in case of more counter battery fire.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

[img]
What Lucy doco? What did I miss, sounds like fun?
"Sue, Lucy" - women, so hard to tell them apart.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fuck me.

PZ has another advertorial post shilling a mates book complete with the requisite (non disclosed) Amazon affiliate link.

The man is on a roll.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

A useful idiot (as tribble would say) being useful. Idiot?

[youtube]bt5O_vHLuZ4[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:[.img]http://imgur.com/4cibpf8.jpg[/img]
:lol:

And Bacardi accounts for another point of GDP :dance:

I just looked at her Patreon page. I don't think I've ever seen it dip this low before.

http://imgur.com/SjRmp0g.png

I think Brive is right. Although pledges will go up and down, there's a discernible direction to hers, and it's downward. Ouch.

Ophelia's donors/donations vary markedly, depending on how close it is to payday, but she manages to hold steady from month to month.

http://imgur.com/Q1eIwaT.png

We may actually get to see someone fuck themselves out of thousands of FREE dollars a month, just because they're a lazy misanthrope. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

No job? Free money? No thanks! I believe I'll carry on being an mean-ass slacker. GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Dollar wise Watson is back to her pre SGU departure figures.

http://i.imgur.com/hpjyM8H.png

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I think it's kind of cute how SJWs will accuse one of trolling if all that you are doing is repeating their asinine talking points back at them.

But if you aren't 'in group', they take it as trolling, because the true inanity of the comments is blatantly obvious. But if it's in group, they just have to nod in 'agreement'.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:Fuck me.

PZ has another advertorial post shilling a mates book complete with the requisite (non disclosed) Amazon affiliate link.

The man is on a roll.
Just a few hours to go for him to reveal what that squid/octopus image was about yesterday. Or else be shown up as a boastful liar, once again. :snooty: :think:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lately Peez has been trying to make something of his "personal" relationship with Hitchens.

http://imgur.com/bUTQpOc.png

"He'd argue angrily with me..."

When? About what? Has Peez ever recalled a conversation with Hitchens? I've never seen him do it. If I made Hitchens angry and wasn't reduced to rubble, I think it would be too good a story to not share.

Melody can claim to have "personally" known Hitchens:

http://imgur.com/ADy8tfL.png

I doubt he would've remembered her, unless prompted with a phrase like "crushing tedium". Just look at him!

I doubt Peez made much of a better impression. He sounds like he's just up-selling himself again.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Melody can claim to have "personally" known Hitchens:

http://imgur.com/ADy8tfL.png

I doubt he would've remembered her, unless prompted with a phrase like "crushing tedium". Just look at him!

I doubt Peez made much of a better impression. He sounds like he's just up-selling himself again.

He looks like a booth babe at a Star Trek convention.