Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mano Singham has an irrational fear of islamophobia:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/singham/201 ... nt-4326865

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by John Greg »

Well, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all Pit folk.

And a special thanks to, you know who you are, a group of extra special Pit folk without whose help I simply would not be here to celebrate this Christmas.

Cheers, good tidings, and thanks to all.

:occasion-xmas:

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:We have a few Muslims nearby. Last night I broke into their houses and slipped some porkchops into their stockings. :twisted:
You'd be surprised how many would eat it (possibly without admitting it).

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

John Greg wrote:Well, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all Pit folk.

And a special thanks to, you know who you are, a group of extra special Pit folk without whose help I simply would not be here to celebrate this Christmas.

Cheers, good tidings, and thanks to all.

:occasion-xmas:
"Being here" privilege really grinds my gears. Alert sent.

Ho Ho Ho

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

A fucking sad christmas it would be without John. Happy one, buddy!

feathers

Post by feathers »

Gumby wrote:Heh. Nice one. I've had that "fat guy running" stock image in my body parts folder for ages, never got around to using it.
That sounds like something the serial psychopaths have who seem to occupy all police films since Silence of the Lambs.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:So LJF banned Stteers and locked the thread. FYI Steers, you never did actually break comment policy. Total bullshit.

So, an idiot came by to tell me that 'delusional' isn't ableist because the term is often used to describe people who often have wrong thoughts. Uh Huh. So the fact that it is used some of the time to describe nutters is apparently irrelevant, since in this case, we can throw the mentally ill under the bus because it suits these commenters to use certain terms.

And omg, I had way to much to drink tonight. I am so sick. My neighbour was like 'hey, coconut vodka' so I had like 5+ cups, maybe more. I did ok until I got home, at which point, after hanging out for half an hour, I was like, the sickest I have been in ages.

The worst, I challenged her to a drink-off for her birthday on Jan 1st. Oh noes. I am not sure I want to be sick again.
I left a present under your tree on that thread, btw.

Not sure what Steers did to get banned. Other than being his usual obtuse self. (Which is what prevents him from getting banned everywhere else.)

1 cc banamine (flunixin) orally cures a hang-over, so I'm told.
Thanks Matt.

I will check it out once I get the spoons. At the moment I am scared to look. Last night, after I got home, I took a brief look and a justice warrior was telling me, and I paraphrase, that if we deny people their special snowflake status, they will literally DIE. Yes. Oppressed people, specifically trans, will be murdered if we refer to them as simply 'men' or 'women' since, as I have stated numerous times, jettisoning oppressive language (which murders oppressed people) *also* leads to the murder of oppressed people.

I can't even...

Oh, and I was sick all night. Two hours of sleep and the rest of the time I was throwing up. What I have learned, however, is that I will never qualify as a Skepchick, because I did not get blackout drunk + consented to every single drink.

And it appears that Steers was banned for refusing to argue in good faith. Haha.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/24/ecuador-couple-first-transgender-parents-south-america
Ecuadorian couple set to become first transgender parents in South America

Fernando Machado and Diane Rodriguez decided to publicize the pregnancy to help change attitudes in the staunchly Roman Catholic society

A couple in Ecuador is making history with a unique pregnancy:The father-to-be is carrying the baby of his transgender partner.

Fernando Machado and Diane Rodriguez announced their pregnancy, believed to be the first of its kind in South America, on social media earlier this month and it’s received widespread attention in a continent that has seen a sudden explosion in the rights and visibility of trans people.

Rodriguez, who was born Luis, is one of Ecuador’s most-prominent LGBT activists and says she and her Venezuelan-born partner, whose birth name was Maria, decided to publicize the pregnancy to help change attitudes in the staunchly Roman Catholic society. Although both take hormones, neither has undergone gender-reassignment surgery, so the child-to-be was conceived the old-fashioned way with no known medical complications to date.

“We’re trying to break the myths about transsexuality,” Rodriguez told the Associated Press.
spinning dancer

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

SoundCloud Polite Conversations Episode 1 - Maryam Namazie
This is the first episode of our podcast that was removed from YouTube almost as quickly as we uploaded it. It was flagged as inappropriate and our brand new account, which had no other content on it

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The Yeti wrote:The FTB baboons constantly bitch about the conservatives who b claim that there is a war on Christmas. Yet they throw fuel on the fire when FTB bloggers write whiny bullshit like this https://archive.is/2Co6V

The line about "Christians with hearing privilege" really cracked me up. While I am opposed to Christmas displays by government entities if they endorse a particular religion, it really irks me when people birch about individuals or private businesses that choose to celebrate Christmas. I am a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have never been offended by Christmas songs, people getting the day of work, or people wishing me a Merry Christmas. People like Miri seem like they are just looking for things to bitch about.
These unearned benefits can be subtle, such as seeing their beliefs portrayed positively in the media
Oh, the horror.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:
Perfect, except it should be Carrier's shitty meal. Or it would be funny to see some kids from Oliver refusing more of Carrier's cooking.
http://imgur.com/nHaDRjw.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Steersman wrote: Though I wonder - are you arguing that "delusional" is "ableist"?

No, I am not.

I like to pick on them re so-called ableist words because they arbitrarily decide which words are bad and which are good depending on how they feel at the time.

And this is why 'delusional' isn't ableist, because *some* people are delusional and totes normal, so it can't possibly be ableist! And fuck those who are delusional and might be offended by it! I mean, right in that same thread, another person was arguing that you should always err on the side of the *most* oppressed people, which would mean that we should refrain from using 'delusional' because it will harm those with mental health issues.
Gillianren • 21 hours ago

No. It's not. Delusions are part of the human condition. There are clinical and non-clinical delusions, just as it possible to be depressed now and again without suffering from clinical depression
And the AAAtheist person who banned you is a very very sensitive snowflake. Xie does not want LJF commenters to use the terms 'idiot and 'moron' because over 100 years ago they were used to refer to the cognitively disabled. And in xer opinion, those 100+ year old definitions are still valid, so callling someone an idiot today is the equivalent of yelling 'retard'

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Merry Christmas to all you shitlords and shitladies.
http://i.imgur.com/BPlxaPi.jpg

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Tim Folger, in the foreward to "The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2015", which I got for a Christmas present due to known nerdliness :) :
...{p}erhaps it's not a bad time to engage in some Gedankenexperimente of our own. Here's one: What if the world's political leaders met and engaged in the same caliber of discourse that scientists do, with the same spirit of collaborative problem-solving? ...let's set aside our incredulity for the moment.

Conversely, what if the world's scientific community were to model itself after our political elite? Say scientists formed ideological camps that stymied the efforts of rivals, or denied, despite all the overwhelming supporting evidence, the truth of a theory. Or even worse, what if they waged war, perhaps beneath banners emblazoned with contested equations? Long live E = mc^2! Death to the E = mc infidels! ...
Could apply well to groups beyond political leaders...

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

This chick is comedy gold

[youtube]ZbhKrpI9WEo[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:
Perfect, except it should be Carrier's shitty meal. Or it would be funny to see some kids from Oliver refusing more of Carrier's cooking.
I don't know how you do it...that's beautiful. Carrier would not reach Elyse levels of mistreatment by any means, but can you imagine if the guy did have offspring?

Really?

Post by Really? »

another lurker wrote:This chick is comedy gold

[youtube]ZbhKrpI9WEo[/youtube]
That woman is not hot enough to go through life being that dumb. She's going to have some problems after she gets her women's studies degree. (Unless she's elected to local government in Minnesota.)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

What the fuck is 'hearing privilege', Christian or otherwise? Hearing isn't a privilege, it's the default setting. It's not a privilege if privilege is something 'unearned' because hearing isn't something someone can earn. It's not like you steal someone else's hearing. That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Shatterface wrote:What the fuck is 'hearing privilege', Christian or otherwise? Hearing isn't a privilege, it's the default setting. It's not a privilege if privilege is something 'unearned' because hearing isn't something someone can earn. It's not like you steal someone else's hearing. That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.
Why is Miri erasing the existence of the transdeaf?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Shatterface wrote:What the fuck is 'hearing privilege', Christian or otherwise? Hearing isn't a privilege, it's the default setting. It's not a privilege if privilege is something 'unearned' because hearing isn't something someone can earn. It's not like you steal someone else's hearing. That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Actually, 'hearing privilege' is deeply problematic because it erases the lived experiences of the deaf, and wrongly suggests that not being able to hear might not be a good thing.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If you follow the logic that 'hearing Christians' are privileged because they hear Christmas carols then deaf atheists are privileged by not hearing them.

Fuck deaf atheists, fucking privileged shitlords.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Really? wrote:
another lurker wrote:This chick is comedy gold

[youtubebhKrpI9WEo[/youtube]
That woman is not hot enough to go through life being that dumb. She's going to have some problems after she gets her women's studies degree. (Unless she's elected to local government in Minnesota.)
She makes a statement about the USA which I won't reveal cuz lulz, but she totes erased BarnOwl.

free thoughtpolice

Really said:
I don't know if you are being totally fair, have you checked out her entire body of work?
[youtube]DK-NTsSfrro[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Really said:
I don't know if you are being totally fair, have you checked out her entire body of work?
I'm such a bad white cis hetero shitlord oppressor patriarch. I was actually listening to her stupid argument for a couple minutes before I realized she was hanging four inches of cleavage.

Maybe I'm gay. Maybe I just care more about a woman's thoughts than her boobs.

Nah. Must be gay. Straight guys don't care what women think.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

The Yeti wrote:The FTB baboons constantly bitch about the conservatives who b claim that there is a war on Christmas. Yet they throw fuel on the fire when FTB bloggers write whiny bullshit like this https://archive.is/2Co6V

The line about "Christians with hearing privilege" really cracked me up. While I am opposed to Christmas displays by government entities if they endorse a particular religion, it really irks me when people birch about individuals or private businesses that choose to celebrate Christmas. I am a pretty hardcore atheist, but I have never been offended by Christmas songs, people getting the day of work, or people wishing me a Merry Christmas. People like Miri seem like they are just looking for things to bitch about.
I'd really like to hear the songs for Christians of non-hearing privilege.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Mano Singham has an irrational fear of islamophobia:
Is abear a poe or just stupid?
abear says
December 25, 2015 at 4:47 pm
U.S. is really racist. I bet if a white redneck kid threatened to shoot up his school the authorities would just ignore it.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

feathers wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:We have a few Muslims nearby. Last night I broke into their houses and slipped some porkchops into their stockings. :twisted:
You'd be surprised how many would eat it (possibly without admitting it).
Back in the 90s, during Desert Shield, you'd be surprised (maybe) to learn the supposedly muslim Iraqis we caught preferred the ham slices in our MREs. Of course, that could be because they were probably the tastiest thing at the time - they ranged from cat and dog food to little bricks that never reconstituted for anyone I knew.

free thoughtpolice

Badger3k wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Mano Singham has an irrational fear of islamophobia:
Is abear a poe or just stupid?
abear says
December 25, 2015 at 4:47 pm
U.S. is really racist. I bet if a white redneck kid threatened to shoot up his school the authorities would just ignore it.
;)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

There isn't a war on Christmas says Amanda, because there is no "Christ" mas. Christmas is not and has never been a Christian Holiday.
Christmas is, at its heart, a secular holiday. It has survived as long as it has because of its secular nature, which means it’s flexible and can be whatever the people of a certain time and place need it to be. That doesn’t mean that it’s wrong to use it as a religious holiday, if that’s what works for you. But it does mean that it’s equally fine for non-Christians to celebrate it if they want, or for people to have as much or little religion as they want in their holiday season.
salon.com/2015/12/25/putting_the_war_on_christmas_to_rest_fox_news_sorry_to_break_it_to_you_but_its_always_been_a_secular_holiday/

If what she is saying is true, atheists are wrong to oppose state sponsored Christmas celebrations.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Cannot decide which is funnier, 'coffee privilege' or 'hearing privilege'. I'll think about it over a coffee while I listen to Christmas songs.

Dear God, I have become a monster.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Really? wrote:I'm beginning to suspect that feminists are learning to count and Everyday Feminism is reinforcing the lessons.
There's no way for a true feminist to count, because they never have Os.

ffs

Post by ffs »

another lurker wrote:
Privileged titties, they even have their own subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/TittyDrop

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:
Great series Ape !! :lol: :lol:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:

ffs

Post by ffs »

Brive, flaunting his double-posting privilege again

most people in the world dont even have SINGLE posting privilege you shitlord!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:I don't know why but this was the main thing that stuck out from Miri's oppression wank:
2. Christians With Hearing Privilege Encounter Music Celebrating Their Holiday Everywhere They Go
So having functional ears is now specifically identified as an unearned boon? This list could get very long.
Jesus Christ Himself said: "Those of you with hearing privilege, listen!"

At least that's how it read in my copy of the New American Social Justice Bible.

ffs

Post by ffs »

ffs wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Privileged titties, they even have their own subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/TittyDrop
I am sorry my Western privilege caused me to completely forgot to link other subreddits that might count as equally or better simply because that one is a larger community

https://www.reddit.com/r/boobbounce

I hope I have made up for my subconscious bigotry

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
That made my day.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Merry Xmas

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Really said:
Massive tits, but tiny brain. Should go far.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Titsnotwit

That was one of my irc nyms back in the day.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

http://imgur.com/48oWl6k.png

Wow, 6 years. Has it been that long? Time flies when you're watching baboons.

Look who she dragged to the TAM8 bordello party 5 and a half years ago.

http://imgur.com/t4utybD.jpg

Hey, look who else was at the party! Rebecca, you frisky little dirtbag :dance:

http://imgur.com/vEAnQXg.jpg

Actually, the reason for the long relationship is that she likes to watch herself fuck.

http://imgur.com/nsTMjC4.jpg

Yeah, I'm giving her shit for something that's none of my business. She can get stuffed anyway, she deserves it.

She snarled at "gross-ass scraggly-haired" Tim Hunt for his joke about being a "chauvinist monster." Now she blithely snarks about hating men and no one in her crew blinks? Fuck her and those blueballed weebles who orbit in her aroma.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:
Thank you, Brive! Cheers! I hope sleeves-n-shorts Santa brought you something awesome this year :D

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:http://imgur.com/48oWl6k.png

Actually, the reason for the long relationship is that she likes to watch herself fuck.

Yeah, I'm giving her shit for something that's none of my business. She can get stuffed anyway, she deserves it.

She snarled at "gross-ass scraggly-haired" Tim Hunt for his joke about being a "chauvinist monster." Now she blithely snarks about hating men and no one in her crew blinks? Fuck her and those blueballed weebles who orbit in her aroma.
Is one of the Guitar Hero guys that poor Adam sonofabitch? It's hard to keep up with Becky's cucko-I mean boyfriends.

Or husbands!

It's amazing how she turned on TAM and Randi after she made that TAM all about her vagina.

That poor Sid bastard seems to really have loved her. I guess it's better in the long run that she decided to become a professional Patreon surfer pot smoker instead.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:http://imgur.com/48oWl6k.png

Oh. And Wil Wheaton is a talentless megapussy who has absolutely zero game or balls. And he's an even shittier writer than he is an actor.

It had to be said.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:Is one of the Guitar Hero guys that poor Adam sonofabitch? It's hard to keep up with Becky's cucko-I mean boyfriends.

Or husbands!

It's amazing how she turned on TAM and Randi after she made that TAM all about her vagina.

That poor Sid bastard seems to really have loved her. I guess it's better in the long run that she decided to become a professional Patreon surfer pot smoker instead.
Yup. The one with the hat is Surly Johnny, so you're seeing half of a power quartet.

There's a radio interview I've heard where Her Edginess mentions in passing she "hated" Sid. Like we really needed to know that. As far as I know, he's never said anything unkind about her.

Watch yourself, Adam.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Goal for Christmas 2016:

We somehow get Wil Wheaton and Steve Shives in the same room. Their wives nag the shit out of them until they start sixty-nining each other on camera out of white patriarchal male guilt.

They must do something; they both acknowledge they've had life so easy.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:
Goal for Christmas 2016:

We somehow get Wil Wheaton and Steve Shives in the same room. Their wives nag the shit out of them until they start sixty-nining each other on camera out of white patriarchal male guilt.

They must do something; they both acknowledge they've had life so easy.
:lol: :lol:

If they go pay-per-view, they could buy their freedom from the ball baggers. Especially if they strap a camera onto Mrs Shives. I'd pay dearly to watch her swing at his kneecaps.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:

Merry Xmas
You are the gift that keeps on giving.

Guest_474c585c

Post by Guest_474c585c »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:Is one of the Guitar Hero guys that poor Adam sonofabitch? It's hard to keep up with Becky's cucko-I mean boyfriends.

Or husbands!

Yup. The one with the hat is Surly Johnny, so you're seeing half of a power quartet.

There's a radio interview I've heard where Her Edginess mentions in passing she "hated" Sid. Like we really needed to know that. As far as I know, he's never said anything unkind about her.

Watch yourself, Adam.

Time announced she was leaving UK twitter .com/rebeccawatson/status/3522741512704000

@jonronson Sadly no, in US from Dec 17th thru the new year
3:01 AM - 14 Nov 2010

(source twitter .com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=from%3Arebeccawatson%20since%3A2010-10-31%20until%3A2010-12-17&src=typd&lang=en)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

another lurker wrote:Titsnotwit

That was one of my irc nyms back in the day.
*Matt Cavanaugh scrambles through his chat logs from the 90s*

:D

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:
That made my day.
I have a sudden urge to go to Mexico.

free thoughtpolice

[youtube]vbkS61UVNIg[/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

KiwiInOz wrote:I have a sudden urge to go to Mexico.
FTFY

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Badger3k wrote: I'd really like to hear the songs for Christians of non-hearing privilege.
Before I sink into the big sleep, I want to hear the scream of the butterfly.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote: Thank you, Brive! Cheers! I hope sleeves-n-shorts Santa brought you something awesome this year :D
Didn't you see the fab fem book from my son? :?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Lindy West stops to reflect on the powerful emotions stirred up by the new Star Wars movie in between criticizing whiny man-babies for being immature.