Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Can't tell if this shop is taking this piss or this is just he logical conclusion of Identity politics. Or a bit of both.
[youtube]_YS2dSa-Ud0[/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
another lurker wrote:So the new thing in Islam apology appears to be that:

1) FGM, Burkas etc existed prior to Islam, ergo, we cannot blame Islam for their perpetuation
That is actually one of the oldest excuses I think I've seen. And it is very easily tackled: Islam pretends to be a humane and morally superior system for governing society. If true, FGM should have been eradicated from the Islamic world long ago, so their complete failure to do this reveals Islam's atrocious falling short of expectations. I.e. Islam is useless at best and harmful at worst.
The Romans practiced threw people to the lions before converting to Christianity so I don't buy the excuse that FGM was already around so Muslims were stuck with it.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I see it's been snowing again in another lurker's neck of the woods.
http://i.imgur.com/uoeFMiu.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I see it's been snowing again in another lurker's neck of the woods.
Bottom left.

feathers

Post by feathers »

It's dead, Jim.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The year that was no. 4: Ayaan Hirsi Ali's speech at American Atheists Con invokes PZ's bile

http://i.imgur.com/8HJeLcg.png

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Yes, the Revenant is a movie about a dudebro who is raeped by a bair and has to find xir way safely back to civilization.

He skins the bair and crawls back on his knees.

Based on a true story. This guy was badass:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass

Did I say raeped by a bair? I did. I was watching the Soup last week, and the hosts of various morning talk shows were repeating this rumour. One host kindly explained,to the idiot audience, that bairs don't mate with humans. Sounds like a clear case of otherkin erasure to me.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Guilty laughs:

feathers

Post by feathers »

another lurker wrote:Did I say raeped by a bair? I did. I was watching the Soup last week, and the hosts of various morning talk shows were repeating this rumour. One host kindly explained,to the idiot audience, that bairs don't mate with humans. Sounds like a clear case of otherkin erasure to me.
If the bear wants to mate with you, it bloody well mates with you.

Now what was the name of that film again, The Reacharound?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

feathers wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:I have been overweight since at least 5 years old to a mother who didn't even weigh enough to give blood, and had no clue what was going on. I have tried just about everything in the decades since, all temporary, but I won't give up as I KNOW it is unhealthy, I KNOW I don't like to be fat, I KNOW it restricts activities. I had an ulcer about 8 years ago. I lost so much weight I was within 10lbs of goal but I was sickly and lost muscle mass. Gained it all back plus more once I was able to cure it of course.
I thought the current theory as to why some people seem to retain every joule they eat, while others can get away with saturated fat murder and stay lean, is the gut flora. Something they allegedly discovered after gut flora transplants in cancer patients or so.

I strongly suspect there's also a genetic component, unless gut flora stays in the family, but both factors let fat people at least partly off the hook (which would have to be a very big hook anyway). Still, up here in Scandinavia, I see far fewer blobs (I mean, seriously overweight people like those in the photos AL posted) than in American reality TV. And I doubt that can be explained by bacteria and genes.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... me/421344/

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

ffs wrote:
I left a reply:
me wrote:Let's face it. You embrace misandry because you know you can get away with it. You know it won't hurt your reputation, your social standing or your livelihood any, and if you get the slightest pushback you can run crying to teacher. You are not brave, and you are not oppressed. You are a smug, spoiled, complacent little brat, the rules that apply to others don't apply to you, you know it, and you play it for all it's worth. But that's all you are.

feathers

Post by feathers »

paddybrown wrote:
ffs wrote:
I left a reply:
me wrote:Let's face it. You embrace misandry because you know you can get away with it. You know it won't hurt your reputation, your social standing or your livelihood any, and if you get the slightest pushback you can run crying to teacher. You are not brave, and you are not oppressed. You are a smug, spoiled, complacent little brat, the rules that apply to others don't apply to you, you know it, and you play it for all it's worth. But that's all you are.
Don't forget the top comment:
Josh Morris
The biggest irony in all this is that white upper-middle class feminists in the richest countries on earth, are buying "male tears" mugs and "this is what a feminist looks like" t-shirts made in sweatshops by young girls and women, that actually ARE oppressed. Isn't humanity fucking precious?

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

I can't even.
Attachments
image.jpeg
(56.14 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Kirbmarc wrote:
<snip>

There's a reason why the immigrants come in droves from South America to the US, or from Africa, the Middle East and Southern Asia to Europe, or from Southern Asia to Australia.
Duh: internalized postcolonialism.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
<snip>

There's a reason why the immigrants come in droves from South America to the US, or from Africa, the Middle East and Southern Asia to Europe, or from Southern Asia to Australia.
Duh: internalized postcolonialism.
It must be pretty powerful if it gets them to save money to pay some pople to get them to travel for miles across deserts and seas, risking their lives.

Internalized postcolonialsm: more powerful than self-preservation!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
Bottom left.
When its warm out - like 0c - I just throw on a jacket and boots and go to work shoveling snow. I really don't like pants.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

I was going to post something else but I can't be bothered so here's this instead:

[youtube]f8OzpZL6GgM[/youtube]

:dance: :dance: :dance:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

another lurker wrote:
They are perpetuating what’s wrong with America and with society, in general, that you have to look a certain way – like a Victoria’s Secret Angel – to feel beautiful and be sexy.

I’m not [unhealthy]. [That] is like saying because someone is a darker skin tone or because someone is being gay that they’re like, glorifying that lifestyle. That’s who you are. Obviously someone doesn’t wake up fat. I know that I am fat, but people completely miss the point of me trying to educate women and show them that it’s OK to be who you are and love yourself and still live your life and not be miserable.
I don’t do diets. Diets don’t work.
http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-content ... led-42.jpg

http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-content ... liday1.jpg

Yeah, shitlords.

1) you should find this girl to be sexy

2) diets don't work!
Except for "diets don't work" I don't read anything objectionable there. She just doesn't want fat people to feel miserable about themselves. That's not necessarily antithetical to don't try to lose weight and be healthy. I don't read her saying that she's entitled to hot men, unless she's saying these things elsewhere. On not a Healthy at Any Size advocate because I don't think you can be healthy if you're 5 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds, but the truth is not everyone can achieve optimal weight.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Believe every accusation of sex crime - unless the accused is black or disabled in which case the accusation is evidence of a future hate crime:
The first lesson, therefore, that must be learned from Bijan’s case and taken on board by every police officer in the UK, is that such an allegation is highly dangerous and should be “red flagged” as a possible indicator of a future hate crime. Secondly, cases where two possible indicators of hate that coincide (here, race and refugee status, as well as disability) should be “red flagged” too, since they clearly increase the risk to the victim as they can be attacked for two or more reasons. We cannot see into Lee James’s mind. He may have targeted Bijan for both factors. Investigating one factor is not good enough.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ime-police

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

another lurker wrote:Yes, the Revenant is a movie about a dudebro who is raeped by a bair and has to find xir way safely back to civilization.

Did I say raeped by a bair? I did. I was watching the Soup last week, and the hosts of various morning talk shows were repeating this rumour. One host kindly explained,to the idiot audience, that bairs don't mate with humans. Sounds like a clear case of otherkin erasure to me.
They made a movie about him? Cool. What he did was amazing, especially as they left him for dead and took most of his gear.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Okay, here is a GIF teaser of a few seconds of video I am trying to learn how to isolate. No sound, but this is essentially unedited (just the framerate has been lowered from the original).

Enjoy...for now!

Well, I can't embed it so enjoy the loop here:

http://loopthetube.com/#2ZYhbj1RGKs&sta ... 0000000001

Creepy Peez at his creepiest.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:Believe every accusation of sex crime - unless the accused is black or disabled in which case the accusation is evidence of a future hate crime:
The first lesson, therefore, that must be learned from Bijan’s case and taken on board by every police officer in the UK, is that such an allegation is highly dangerous and should be “red flagged” as a possible indicator of a future hate crime. Secondly, cases where two possible indicators of hate that coincide (here, race and refugee status, as well as disability) should be “red flagged” too, since they clearly increase the risk to the victim as they can be attacked for two or more reasons. We cannot see into Lee James’s mind. He may have targeted Bijan for both factors. Investigating one factor is not good enough.
Well of course. The accusers were punching down. While if the accused had been white and not disabled, the accusers would have been punching up, and maybe teaching the accused a valuable lesson (like Catherine Comins said).

It's all a matter of race, gender, sexuality and disability. If you're white, male, heterosexual and not physically or mentally disabled eveything that happens to you only makes you check your privilege. SJWs have excused theft, armed robbery, false accusations and defamationi if the targets are white cis hetero men. Some of them have even argued for a white cis hetero male genocide, and nobody has complained about it.

SJWs are the worst kind of racist and sexist ideologues, but since they're being sexist and racist against the "right" race and gender (white and male) they get a free pass.

Ultimately, though, the real targets aren't even cis hetero white males, but cis hetero white males in a position of power. The SJWs don't want equality, or even a real social change. They just want to be the ones in charge.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

A bit early, but… Merry Christmas all ye pitters.

http://i.imgur.com/TRl78Je.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The SJWs on FTB were quick to throw Kevin Clash of Elmo under the bus, despite the fact that he is black. When it was pointed out that his accuser was a criminal who had tried to extort others, the SJWs stated that victims of sex abuse will engage in criminal activity as a coping mechanism.

katamari Damassi

another lurker wrote:The SJWs on FTB were quick to throw Kevin Clash of Elmo under the bus, despite the fact that he is black. When it was pointed out that his accuser was a criminal who had tried to extort others, the SJWs stated that victims of sex abuse will engage in criminal activity as a coping mechanism.
Clash got a raw deal. He met those 2 teens on a gay hook up app and didn't ask for proof of age, and he was treated like he was a perv scoping out elementary school playgrounds. And at least one of the two tried to extort money from him.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

11/14/2012 6:29pm PST
Aspiring model and actor Sheldon Stephens was charged with robbing $250,000 worth of jewelry from his former boss at knife point.

The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having a sexual relationship with him when he was a minor has been identified, and he has a rap sheet of his own.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ied-390746

----

But that is *only* because be is a victim of sex abuse and not a criminal who would lie, cheat and style.

Always believe the victim!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Always in style.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
another lurker wrote:So the new thing in Islam apology appears to be that:

1) FGM, Burkas etc existed prior to Islam, ergo, we cannot blame Islam for their perpetuation
That is actually one of the oldest excuses I think I've seen. And it is very easily tackled: Islam pretends to be a humane and morally superior system for governing society. If true, FGM should have been eradicated from the Islamic world long ago, so their complete failure to do this reveals Islam's atrocious falling short of expectations. I.e. Islam is useless at best and harmful at worst.
It's also in the hadith.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:Yes, the Revenant is a movie about a dudebro who is raeped by a bair and has to find xir way safely back to civilization.

Wiki sez Of Monsters and Men made a song about it. So the movie must suck.

katamari Damassi

Shatterface wrote:Believe every accusation of sex crime - unless the accused is black or disabled in which case the accusation is evidence of a future hate crime:
Do they know for a fact that the allegations were false? Not that it would excuse what happened to him, but I'm surprised that the Guardian would be so judicious.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tribble wrote:

They made a movie about him? Cool. What he did was amazing, especially as they left him for dead and took most of his gear.
Apparently the movie is quite brutal.

Here is another scene.

http://images.wallpino.com/130-135/pink-309531.jpg

Tell bairs not to raep.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote:
It's also in the hadith.
Are Jesus-y clothings for Jesus-y movies in the hadith as well?

The person that you are talking to is such a know it all. She can *never* be wrong.

When I said that the 2nd wave feminists that I knew were all right I was clearly incorrect. They are all idiots.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:

Here is another scene.

Tell bairs not to raep.
What's with torture porn films around the holidays? Last year it was UNBROKEN.

And IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. That's torture for me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

another lurker wrote:The SJWs on FTB were quick to throw Kevin Clash of Elmo under the bus, despite the fact that he is black. When it was pointed out that his accuser was a criminal who had tried to extort others, the SJWs stated that victims of sex abuse will engage in criminal activity as a coping mechanism.
You are correct that Clash got screwed, but I wonder how many on FTB (and in the wider culture) didn't know he was black. He's usually a behind-the-scenes guy and he's not exactly Shaft.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
feathers wrote:
It's also in the hadith.
Are Jesus-y clothings for Jesus-y movies in the hadith as well?

The person that you are talking to is such a know it all. She can *never* be wrong.
I'd link to that Jesus-y clothing comment, cuz it's a howler, but I'd have to go onto Disqus, and I need to avoid that, as I'm meeting friends for breakfast soon.

I was also told by the lovely Lady_Black that until I have a uterus, I don't get to have an opinion on abortion. I told her I did, however, have a dick, and my opinion was she can suck it.

not in so many words.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt's link:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2423233663

I am not on the Disqus but I have the window open:P

Stout

Post by Stout »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So the movie must suck.
Movie is on it's way and I'll let you know if it sucks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:Matt's link:

Actually I think it was "feminist_somebody" who told me to shut up & listen about abortion. I get them confused, as they are all batshit crazy. That rose hipster is seriously unhinged and takes the cake.

The unbridled apologia for the worst aspects of Islam, coming from feminist / progressive atheists, is stunning.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote:Matt's link:

Actually I think it was "feminist_somebody" who told me to shut up & listen about abortion. I get them confused, as they are all batshit crazy. That rose hipster is seriously unhinged and takes the cake.

The unbridled apologia for the worst aspects of Islam, coming from feminist / progressive atheists, is stunning.
racismisbaddude, whoever you are, you bring the lulz
racismisbaddude lady_black • 7 minutes ago

Precisely. I just saw that recent Noah film and was amazed at how they got everything right
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2423364419

katamari Damassi

Racismisbaddude is a Poe right?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

katamari Damassi wrote:Racismisbaddude is a Poe right?

A great one.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So I went and watched the Star Wars last night. It was a great movie and I really enjoyed it.

Before the movie began this trailer came on
[youtube]10r9ozshGVE[/youtube]

Which was cool because there was a very excited boy just a couple of seats down from me. He laughed loudly at every joke in the trailer.

As that trailer ended and there were a few moments of silence before the next trailer and I heard a disgusted teenager voice rang out "cultural appropriation!".

After the movie I got a good look at the this warrior of social justice. Pail and pudgy and not cool enough to wear a Star Wars t shirt.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

I preferred this trailer when I saw Star Wars:

[youtube]bY73vFGhSVk[/youtube]

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Popping in to say an early Merry Christmas to all. I hope your Christmas fare is better than a Carrier shoe leather speciale.

Sat in our place in France, enjoying wonderful weather and clean air. I've just been down to the wine cellar and hauled out a few bottles to settle for the big day. Got a house full of Aussies so I'm introducing them to quality French wine.

http://i.imgur.com/OejTMoNh.jpg

Then maybe we'll watch a Rugby World Cup final rerun for afters so they can see some quality play :whistle:

Whatever you are up to I hope it is all you want it to be.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

comhcinc wrote:So I went and watched the Star Wars last night. It was a great movie and I really enjoyed it.

Before the movie began this trailer came on
[youtube]10r9ozshGVE[/youtube]

Which was cool because there was a very excited boy just a couple of seats down from me. He laughed loudly at every joke in the trailer.

As that trailer ended and there were a few moments of silence before the next trailer and I heard a disgusted teenager voice rang out "cultural appropriation!".

After the movie I got a good look at the this warrior of social justice. Pail and pudgy and not cool enough to wear a Star Wars t shirt.
100% manufactured fiction, I'll bet. Your story.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:I preferred this trailer when I saw Star Wars:

bY73vFGhSVk
As someone posted on another forum when that came out: "I've never seen a trailer feature my reaction to watching the trailer," referring to the bit where his face slowly lights up after hearing the joke.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]bY73vFGhSVk[/youtube]

That looks good. Giving the two that would be my choice to see.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

I wish. I felt sorry the lad.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Do they know for a fact that the allegations were false? Not that it would excuse what happened to him, but I'm surprised that the Guardian would be so judicious.
I can't speak to the Guardian's handling of the matter, but the allegations were almost certainly false. Bijan is known to have photographed the children who were repeatedly vandalizing his garden. When he was taken in for questioning and his home searched the police said, ""We can categorically state he had not taken any indecent images and that nothing of concern had been found on his computer."

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sunder wrote:

bY73vFGhSVk
As someone posted on another forum when that came out: "I've never seen a trailer feature my reaction to watching the trailer," referring to the bit where his face slowly lights up after hearing the joke.

Let me ruin this for everyone one.

Just need to put on my SJW hat™.........
http://i.imgur.com/Dv4a7Ls.jpg

Alright

So I find this trailer highly problematic.

First none of the characters in the trailer appeared to be voiced by any POCs which in 2015 is just unthinkable.

Secondly the animals are all stereotypes based off race. The rabbit is hyper, the fox is sly, and the sloths are slow. The pig, instead of being healthy and obese, has been slimmed down to appear to cis het heteronormative patriarchal ideas of what an attractive pig should be.

Thirdly the why is the female rabbit subservient to the male fox? And why do they go to a male sloth? And why is the idea of the male fox taking power away from the female rabbit seen as a source of humor? There is nothing funny about that!

There are no muslims characters. Also the pig is offensive to muslims.

There are no trans characters.

Don't get me started on how this movie glories police abuse. #BLACKLIVESMATTER

All in all this is the worst movie ever made and you need to sign my petition to the president to get it banned. http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban-di ... by=7467080

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

another lurker wrote:
Tribble wrote:

Here is another scene.

Tell bairs not to raep.
http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/970/332/ ... iginal.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]EgIIRO-VqUY[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, Trump may be a vain, Weetabix-headed twat, but I love the way he's not backing down when he offends someone.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, Trump may be a vain, Weetabix-headed twat, but I love the way he's not backing down when he offends someone.
The fucker is somehow growing on me. He is clearly a sociopath.... but so is Hilary.... haha.

He actually proposed some good stuff, like a progressive Capital Gains tax... and he could actually get this kind of thing done. yeah... I know... the Earth just cracked open. Haha. His wacky ideas about a fence are clearly said to just pander to idiots... but... lots of idiots vote. The candidate never really does what they promise.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I like Trump.

Trolololo

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

another lurker wrote:
feathers wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:I have been overweight since at least 5 years old to a mother who didn't even weigh enough to give blood, and had no clue what was going on. I have tried just about everything in the decades since, all temporary, but I won't give up as I KNOW it is unhealthy, I KNOW I don't like to be fat, I KNOW it restricts activities. I had an ulcer about 8 years ago. I lost so much weight I was within 10lbs of goal but I was sickly and lost muscle mass. Gained it all back plus more once I was able to cure it of course.
I thought the current theory as to why some people seem to retain every joule they eat, while others can get away with saturated fat murder and stay lean, is the gut flora. Something they allegedly discovered after gut flora transplants in cancer patients or so.

I strongly suspect there's also a genetic component, unless gut flora stays in the family, but both factors let fat people at least partly off the hook (which would have to be a very big hook anyway). Still, up here in Scandinavia, I see far fewer blobs (I mean, seriously overweight people like those in the photos AL posted) than in American reality TV. And I doubt that can be explained by bacteria and genes.
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... me/421344/
My contention is it not the fat that makes you fat...but maybe the stuff that raises insulin (which sores fat) could be the cause. At least in carb sensitive people like me.
I eat 70-80% of my calories from fat. Plenty of that saturated. Have lost weight. Great lipids. Great blood glucose.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I'm carb sensitive too.

When I eat carbs I have quite the appetite and will devour chocolate bars etc.

If I stick to protein I can get by on very little, hence the occasional 400 calorie diet.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Loving this:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/duaagainstm ... t&src=hash

I guess #DuaAgainstMaajidNawaz was started when Majid tweeted about hijabs. Backfiring on the haters as always.

Related:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

comhcinc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

I wish. I felt sorry the lad.
Do you remember a couple of years ago when some people here on the 'pit said it was unlikely you'd ever encounter a SJW other than online? I knew a few IRL even back then, but now they're everywhere. If you're anywhere near a college campus, you'll encounter them without any effort.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »