Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
JackSkeptic

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by JackSkeptic »

I've never watched Starwars and never will. Mark Hamil has a face you never get tired of slapping and that prune faced bird with buns wouldn't give a stiffie to a stiffie monster. The plot is derivative and boring and worse of all the baddies never win.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Culinary Artillery

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote:The Culinary Artillery
Mixed Media Master.

http://imgur.com/gHfEmvY.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Elyse is waving around facebook-- a collection agency notice for her 922 rape kit(s). Stirring up outrage.

She's claiming the cops refuse to prosecute her rape due to lack of semen, that the cops are ignoring used condoms in the trash. She refuses to accept donations to pay for the rape kit, and refuses to contest the bill.

She had plenty of spoons to fight her kids saying the pledge of allegiance at school, in solidarity with #BlackLivesMatter. But she can't be bothered to take action against corrupt rape cops and hospital billing. I don't believe she would be so passive in the event of a real rape and real police misconduct.

She's urging followers to donate to RedMyLips, a charity which does nothing but 'raise awareness' to 'believe the victims', by promoting wearing red lipstick in April & posting selfies. Followers suggest that she she direct donations to RAINN, an organization which campaigned in the successful fight to not have accusers charged for rape kits, and which provided Elyse information about her own rape kit & bills... but she's sticking with the selfie charity. Says she's "emotionally" attached to it.

feathers

Post by feathers »

comhcinc wrote:Can you make it go up and down?
*scrolls*
Yep.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tribble wrote:For those who don't know, Banh Mi
FT, Mr Tribble wants to be bannhed!

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:[.img]http://imgur.com/uNeeZz4.jpg[/img]
:lol: :clap: "Duck and cover!"

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Cunt of Personality wrote:[.img]http://i.imgur.com/t4ZrJqG.jpg[/img]
:clap: :lol: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Seems if you can synchronize the timing then the dancer hops on board .... ;)

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Ape+lust wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:The SpaceX launch and re-landing was successful. Touched down less than an hour ago.
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket returned to flight Monday, on a mission for communications firm Orbcomm which also resulted in the first return of the vehicle’s first stage to the launch site. Flying in a new “Full Thrust” configuration, the rocket depart Cape Canaveral at 20:29 Eastern time (01:29 UTC on Tuesday) with the first stage touching down 10 minutes later.
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/12/ ... tempt-og2/

1950s era rocketry is finally a thing :dance:

http://imgur.com/ELhDUgA.jpg

Took long enough :D
The principles of Newtonian mechanics proved this to be a nonsensical pipe dreams centuries ago. Crash the first stage into the ocean and be done with it. Just like they did in the late 50's. Use all that fuel/oxidizer to be used in landing a first stage which is essentially an elongated oil-drum? Remove all of that fuel/oxidizer used to land the first stage, use it for payload, and crash the elongated oil-drum into the ocean. The pickup truck into space concept was the biggest disaster to ever happen to NASA. Pop-science gone amuck, but it sold a lot of pop-sci mags.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

Cunt of Personality wrote:http://i.imgur.com/t4ZrJqG.jpg
Since 'words (and images) can kill', there is going to be a lot of one legged dancers.

/// PIT SAFETY NOTICE - DON'T TRY THIS IN REAL LIFE ///

Sorted.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

CuntajusRationality wrote:The SpaceX launch and re-landing was successful. Touched down less than an hour ago.
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket returned to flight Monday, on a mission for communications firm Orbcomm which also resulted in the first return of the vehicle’s first stage to the launch site. Flying in a new “Full Thrust” configuration, the rocket depart Cape Canaveral at 20:29 Eastern time (01:29 UTC on Tuesday) with the first stage touching down 10 minutes later.
http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/12/ ... tempt-og2/

[youtube]KgaWHnY2Ph8[/youtube]
A dark day for feminism. The triumph of male technology. They successfully erected a giant penis, shot it up into the air, and brought it down, still pointing upward.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Falcon 9 Full Thrust....OMG.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhahah. Carrier has provided me an Ape+Lust original.

Thank you. :dance: :dance: :clap:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:Elyse is waving around facebook-- a collection agency notice for her 922 rape kit(s). Stirring up outrage.

She's claiming the cops refuse to prosecute her rape due to lack of semen, that the cops are ignoring used condoms in the trash. She refuses to accept donations to pay for the rape kit, and refuses to contest the bill.

She had plenty of spoons to fight her kids saying the pledge of allegiance at school, in solidarity with #BlackLivesMatter. But she can't be bothered to take action against corrupt rape cops and hospital billing. I don't believe she would be so passive in the event of a real rape and real police misconduct.

She's urging followers to donate to RedMyLips, a charity which does nothing but 'raise awareness' to 'believe the victims', by promoting wearing red lipstick in April & posting selfies. Followers suggest that she she direct donations to RAINN, an organization which campaigned in the successful fight to not have accusers charged for rape kits, and which provided Elyse information about her own rape kit & bills... but she's sticking with the selfie charity. Says she's "emotionally" attached to it.
RAINN is dead to SJWs. Its 2013 report on campus sexual assault debunked the "1 in 5" lie, and called the programs to 'teach men not to rape' a complete waste of resources, as 97% of assaults are committed by 3% of men. It instead advocated awareness programs for freshmen women, with things like advising them not to drink so much. :o

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote: And if gender/bio sex are really social constructs, then why the claim that one is a woman because the brain says so? In saying that the brain is female, are they not contradicting their earlier claim?

And if species is a social construct, and you think you're a wolf, do you have the brain of a wolf?

Most of what the SJWs do is just virtue and attention signalling behaviour. Nothing more. And they 'fight' for oppressed people by arguing on the internet all day. That is the extent of their 'activism'.
There was this story about a 5 yo trans*boy, third of three girls who were always dressed in matching, prissy-girl outfits by mom.

When "Mia" was 4 and insisted she was a dog, barking and crawling around on all fours, that was 'attention-seeking behavior.' When "Jacob" was 5 and insisted she was a boy, that was suddenly because she'd been born with a boy's brain.

Some people surely are trans. But a lot more are just whacked.
I worry that having a "trans" kid is the new big thing to signal your moral superiority. It seems like the US regulations regarding medical intervention is more lax than its European counterparts. I think a lot of young people are going to be hurt.
Possibly related
http://i.imgur.com/ZkFZtMh.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote: Is it ableist to say that humans share genes in common with bananas?
Is it ableist to say that pretty much everyone on the internet are bunch of fucking retards?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The year that was #3

Jamila Bey chased off FtB by an angry horde

http://i.imgur.com/wqsSan7.png

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Cian Lou is quite a find! Xie sells she-spells by the seashore. And she spells person with a "y".
"Dear friends who think wicca is chill...it's not"
"This persyn never ever fails to just perfectly put into words what I wish I could"
“the ancients”?
Wicca was created in 1954 by Gerald Gardner.
Have every single seat in the auditorium and listen up:

Here’s what you need to know about Wicca:
• Wicca, as a tradition, maintains the lion’s share of sociopolitical bargaining power and the platform from which to speak within the larger community. In the wide world of witchery you take up *a lot* of space, airtime and resources.
• Wicca has and continues to seek assimilation through nationalism (allowing pentacles on soldier’s graves, petitioning the army and the federal government recognize their religion).
• Wiccans have and continue to perpetuate many of the most deep seated, racist, specifically anti-black stigma, demonization and stereotypes surrounding ATR’s, ADR’s and many other traditions most practiced by POC, in order to distance themselves from those who are less palatable for white consumption.This can manifest in many ways but it is most obvious and most documented within many of the prevailing attitudes on hexing, cursing, animal sacrifice, and the “Rede” (which apparently all of us signed without our knowledge).See also: “White Magic vs Black Magic”
• Many Wiccans use the exact same “I’m just like you” playbook cis white gay folks have used which so deeply disenfranchises those who can not or will not assimilate. Of course, you already used some of the main talking points used to achieve this end in which you decide to define witchcraft for everyone, not just Wicca, and in doing so attempt to explicitly discredit, shame and disinherit the many witches who are Satanists, Luciferians, Demonologists, and/or practice witchcraft differently than your exhausting “love & light” model.
• Wicca has a long and well documented history of shameless appropriation, commodification, and bastardization of aspects from just about every single indigenous, First Nation, ATR, ADR, POC led tradition in the world.

See also:
• Throwing people of color under the bus.
• Throwing disabled folks under the bus.
• Throwing queer folks under the bus.
• Throwing trans folks under the bus.

And as many attempts as have been made so far, y’all STILL do not own the words “witch” or “witchcraft”.

Going forward, here are some tips on how not to be a shitty Wiccan:
o The Wiccan Rede - Simple, it applies to Wiccans. Which is why it’s called The Wiccan Rede. Do not try to scold, shame or otherwise “remind” non-Wiccans that the spells, workings, activities they are discussing violates The Rede. It’s yours and it applies to you. Full stop.
o The Threefold Law/The Law of Return - See above.
o Soft Polytheism or Universalism - A theory which states that “All Gods are one God” and “All Goddesses are one Goddess”. Some go even further and state that “All Gods and Goddesses are One Divine Being”. This is the typical Eclectic Wiccan view of the Gods.
This has and continues to be a very contentious point within the larger witch community. You must respect the sociopolitical, ethnic and cultural boundaries of oppressed and marginalized minorities. Many practices are initiatory or “closed” traditions and their practices and their gods are off limits to you. Full stop.
o Animal Sacrifice - In many, many traditions and cultures Animal Sacrifice, in all its myriad forms, is a normal, natural, healthy part of magic. This is sacred to them and is no way harming you or anyone else. Do not make any attempts to shame them or their practice.
o Cursing/Hexing - In many, many traditions and cultures Cursing and Hexing, in all their myriad forms, are a normal, natural, healthy part of magic. And that is okay. If cursing/hexing is not for you then so be it but do not make any attempts to shame them or their practice.
o “Black Magic” - Refrain from using this and other racially coded language which reinforces the stigma around ATR’s & ADR’s and their practices.

Witchcraft belongs to no one.
It is not a religion, it is a practice and it is one that has been found in every single culture and has manifested in every religion throughout the world.
You can practice it with or without a path, tradition, religion, gods, deities, spirits, etc.
It exists in an of itself and it can not be owned by anyone.

Now, if you’d like to check out blogs which approach witchcraft through a lens of intersectionality and a social justice oriented framework you are welcome to follow me ( @queerwitchcraft )

Dakota
Wicca+

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

Gaia Forbid that the "one cis male (he pronouns)" consider himself, or be considered a father, no, he is a "cis male mom (he pronouns)"

feathers

Post by feathers »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Jesus cunting christ. Can she not allow another human being a moment of emotional reflection without leaping in with her eternal bitterness?

http://i.imgur.com/zXBIv4N.png
So Cainaji is also in her sixties?
Do all people around that age get like this, or is this early-onset Grumpenheimer?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Pitchguest wrote:http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1 ... 014.888841

What is this? What am I reading? "Horse-girl assemblages"? "Post-human cartography"? Could someone make sense of this for me? Anyone?
It's been mentioned some pages ago. I sent a PDF to AndrewV69, I hope he'll present a review.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Wicca isn't magic.

Soapy Stevens

Post by Soapy Stevens »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:Gaia Forbid that the "one cis male (he pronouns)" consider himself, or be considered a father, no, he is a "cis male mom (he pronouns)"
He sacrificed his precious male privilege. A true martyr.

Unless, he suddenly realised that male privilege no longer cuts it....

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

feathers wrote:
So Cainaji is also in her sixties?
Do all people around that age get like this, or is this early-onset Grumpenheimer?
I've read that decrease in testosterone makes aging men less-stoic & even-keeled, so they become moody and prone to unreasonable fits. Unabated estrogen makes them cunts.

Also heard concerns that 'environmental estrogen' could affect a male whose bedmate is a female on birth control.

Caine needs to limit her comment-section xenoestrogen exposure during PZ's life change.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Animal Sacrifice - In many, many traditions and cultures Animal Sacrifice, in all its myriad forms, is a normal, natural, healthy part of magic. This is sacred to them and is no way harming you or anyone else. Do not make any attempts to shame them or their practice.
o Cursing/Hexing - In many, many traditions and cultures Cursing and Hexing, in all their myriad forms, are a normal, natural, healthy part of magic. And that is okay. If cursing/hexing is not for you then so be it but do not make any attempts to shame them or their practice.
o “Black Magic” - Refrain from using this and other racially coded language which reinforces the stigma around ATR’s & ADR’s and their practices.
:lol:

Animal sacrifice is A-OK because it's "traditional". "Black magic" is racist.
Shatterface wrote:Wicca isn't magic.
No, it's just an endless barrel of lulz. Modern religions are even more ridiculous than ancient ones. See also: Neopagans, Scientology.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Soapy Stevens wrote:
Guest_0048cc29 wrote:Gaia Forbid that the "one cis male (he pronouns)" consider himself, or be considered a father, no, he is a "cis male mom (he pronouns)"
He sacrificed his precious male privilege. A true martyr.

Unless, he suddenly realised that male privilege no longer cuts it....
That's quite a dreadlock, from his shoulder to his hip.
http://i.imgur.com/ZkFZtMh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WovGaMG.png

http://i.imgur.com/KQqAub4.png

feathers

Post by feathers »

Service Dog wrote:Actually, the year Star Wars came out, my family returned from being stationed in Germany, and lived a North Dakota campground, up-by Caine, adjacent to the Devil's Lake Sioux indian reservation. It was barren. No fast food in town, until Hardee's opened in 1978. (The Hardees burned down, 2 months ago.)
Bloody Sioux.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Oh my Dog. And it's, what, five in the morning where you are?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There really hasn't been much disruptive drama coming out of FtB since the schism ...

Have I missed anything note worthy since, umm, August when Ra packed his bags as the final fleeing rat and (of course) the wack-an-auto skepto show?

Laughing witch didn't really figure on FtB leaving just the standard post Islamic massacre anti Harris apologetics.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

feathers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Actually, the year Star Wars came out, my family returned from being stationed in Germany, and lived a North Dakota campground, up-by Caine, adjacent to the Devil's Lake Sioux indian reservation. It was barren. No fast food in town, until Hardee's opened in 1978. (The Hardees burned down, 2 months ago.)
Bloody Sioux.
Must be the same tribe as Caine. Same face.

http://i.imgur.com/NeRt7Ml.png

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Tribble wrote:

Phil's long lost twin brother?
Dave Grohl, in Tenacious D: The Pick Of Destiny. A common watch in our homestead.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:The year that was #3

Did I miss #2, or does your part of the planet have skipjump counting?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:

Part Two was Avicenna.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
feathers wrote:

Part Two was Avicenna.
Ah right, I missed #1 = Watson.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hee hee hee I sow doubt and confusion wherever I go.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:Hee hee hee I sow doubt and confusion wherever I go.
At the end of 2016, you'll be posting on FTB how you were actually a deep undercover troll on the Pit, and are actually PZ Myers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Is this in date order? I'd assume Benson getting the boot for killing transwomen (or something) was a bigger story than Bay.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ignore that. Stupid question.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
another lurker wrote: Is it ableist to say that humans share genes in common with bananas?
Is it ableist to say that pretty much everyone on the internet are bunch of fucking retards?
as the truth is ableist, yes. Yes it is.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

My cat is bananas.

Ok.

Dirt is gendered, you shitlords.

Let’s examine that a bit. “Men don’t see dirt the way women do.” That’s a pretty common assertion. And it’s bullshit. Vision problems aside, we’re all seeing the same dirty house; we’re just interpreting it differently. You and your boyfriend both walk in, see the pile of crap on the kitchen counter, and have different reactions to it. You likely think, “Man, that pile of crap is really bugging me. I should really clean it up a little.” He likely sees it and thinks, “Huh. Pile of crap. It’ll get taken care of.”

Why does he think that? Well, because we’re dealing with endless generations of social gender constructs that tell us that taking care of the home is “women’s work.” Whether you or your boyfriend or your parents or your peer group believe these constructs is largely irrelevant, though, because it’s so deeply ingrained in our society that it permeates every level of culture: You see it in TV shows, movies, commercials, in the workplace, in literature, and in almost every facet of life. There’s no escaping it.
http://persephonemagazine.com/2014/01/a ... -bullshit/

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Service Dog wrote:Elyse is waving around facebook-- a collection agency notice for her 922 rape kit(s). Stirring up outrage.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere, Elyse saying that she was charged for the kit due to her own refusal to co-operate with the hospital's and police's rape kit procedures. Normally, people making rape claims to the police are not charged for the kits.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Xmas is also gendered. And non-white.

Deal with it. Especially you, Clarence.

http://i.imgur.com/lO44E9E.jpg

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

So was the problem with the Gen. Tso's chicken the fact that they actually used chicken as opposed to the traditional cat?

feathers

Post by feathers »

922 being the number of her rape accusations this year, I presume. Sounds close enough.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:
Service Dog wrote:The Culinary Artillery
Mixed Media Master.

http://imgur.com/gHfEmvY.png
I've heard that you use the eyedropper to place the selected semen on a plastic bag of frozen chicken fat and it automagically turns pink.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

One herps, the other derps. See if you can tell which is which.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

another lurker wrote:My cat is bananas.

Ok.

Dirt is gendered, you shitlords.

Let’s examine that a bit. “Men don’t see dirt the way women do.” That’s a pretty common assertion. And it’s bullshit. Vision problems aside, we’re all seeing the same dirty house; we’re just interpreting it differently. You and your boyfriend both walk in, see the pile of crap on the kitchen counter, and have different reactions to it. You likely think, “Man, that pile of crap is really bugging me. I should really clean it up a little.” He likely sees it and thinks, “Huh. Pile of crap. It’ll get taken care of.”

Why does he think that? Well, because we’re dealing with endless generations of social gender constructs that tell us that taking care of the home is “women’s work.” Whether you or your boyfriend or your parents or your peer group believe these constructs is largely irrelevant, though, because it’s so deeply ingrained in our society that it permeates every level of culture: You see it in TV shows, movies, commercials, in the workplace, in literature, and in almost every facet of life. There’s no escaping it.
http://persephonemagazine.com/2014/01/a ... -bullshit/
Back when I lived with my mum, she used to accuse me of leaving things lying around because I expected her to clean up after me. I always insisted that no, I just didn't mind having things lying around. Once I got my own place, she had to concede I was right.

I tidy up when I can't find things.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Well yes, race (or ethnicity if race is too loaded a term) is quite relevant in biology, and even more so in medicine. Go tell a patient with sickle cell anemia of familiar Mediterranean fever that it's all a social construct. I dare you.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Alister McGrath wasn't as pathetic a flea as Myers. It seems his pitiful and short-lived attempt at trying to smooth things over didn't pan out, so he's gone back to picking over Dawkins's every tweet in a desperate attempt to find something he can turn into clickbait.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Yesterday, I underwent my first real physical therapy session in a center dedicated to athletes (because why the fuck not). My leg is still sore, and I'm fucking grateful for that.

Anyway, there's this other patient, a really cool black guy about my age. His therapist introduced him to us in the electro-therapy room by asking if we didn't mind sharing our space with a black guy. For a few seconds, I had a Bjarte-Face moment, until the black guy started laughing his ass off. Then his therapist takes a white towel, folds it into a strip, puts it around his forehead and declares: "See? He looks just like the Corsica flag!". Another Bjarte moment. Then the black guy takes out his dark belt, wraps it around the therapist's forehead, points at her and, states, in a very professorial way: "See? That's you're head halfway up my ass".

I love this place.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here is a cringeworthy video put up by CFI on their youtube channel. Lindy West goes on and on about hurt feelings ("you're fat") and people making jokes about her being too ugly to rape. She claims that there are rape threats, but that the police should not be called. Instead, the punishment should be that their youtube accounts should be looked at, and that they sprain their leg. But if the threats were real, why not call the police. I think she's accidentally admitted that she knows full well the "threats" are not serious ones. Also, she has a new way to deal with tumblr people she doesn't like. Operation Googoogaga. That's right. She says 'googoogaga' to them, and if that doesn't work, she sends them stuff like pictures of diaper cream. How clever! I'll bet that sure shows them!

[youtube]kop4D9eZ34Q[/youtube]

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The year we forgot what free speech means by Mick Hume.
Words can be powerful tools, but there are no magic words – not even abracadabra – that in themselves can change reality. Words are not deeds. It follows that offensive speech should not be policed as if it were a criminal offence.

‘Words can be weapons’ in a battle of ideas, or even just in a slanging match. But however sharp or pointed, words are not knives. However blunt, words are not baseball bats. No matter how loaded they are or how fast you fire them off, words are not guns. And an argument or opinion, however aggressive or offensive it might seem, is not a physical assault. The answer to bad words is not to end speech or lock up the speaker. It is more speech – to fight back.
:clap: :clap:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Scented Nectar wrote:Here is a cringeworthy video put up by CFI on their youtube channel. Lindy West goes on and on about hurt feelings ("you're fat") and people making jokes about her being too ugly to rape. She claims that there are rape threats, but that the police should not be called. Instead, the punishment should be that their youtube accounts should be looked at, and that they sprain their leg. But if the threats were real, why not call the police. I think she's accidentally admitted that she knows full well the "threats" are not serious ones. Also, she has a new way to deal with tumblr people she doesn't like. Operation Googoogaga. That's right. She says 'googoogaga' to them, and if that doesn't work, she sends them stuff like pictures of diaper cream. How clever! I'll bet that sure shows them!

[.youtube]kop4D9eZ34Q[/youtube]
She has no shafts of wit so she has to resort to wafts of shit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

feathers wrote:http://flags-and-anthems.com/media/flag ... orsika.gif

Ah, that one. Right.
Yup.

I'm not going to post pictures of the guy's retort.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc wrote:The year we forgot what free speech means by Mick Hume.
Words can be powerful tools, but there are no magic words – not even abracadabra – that in themselves can change reality. Words are not deeds. It follows that offensive speech should not be policed as if it were a criminal offence.

‘Words can be weapons’ in a battle of ideas, or even just in a slanging match. But however sharp or pointed, words are not knives. However blunt, words are not baseball bats. No matter how loaded they are or how fast you fire them off, words are not guns. And an argument or opinion, however aggressive or offensive it might seem, is not a physical assault. The answer to bad words is not to end speech or lock up the speaker. It is more speech – to fight back.
:clap: :clap:
Words can have armful consequences, like Hitler asking for a "glass of juice" and being misheard. Or, really, many other situations. But silencing instead of fighting back is the way of the coward, the intellectually challenged, the fascist, and SJWs.

Makes one think, doesn't it?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ok, I'll shut up for now.