Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Brive1987 »

Tribble wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The mystery is resolved.

All he had to do was to deglaze the pan with some water. You don't even need wine or stock though they're preferable.
I fear he has a bottle somewhere into which he dutifully pours each sessions fat. One day, when it reaches 200ml, he will heat the mess up and pour it onto some unlucky dish for some unsuspecting guest.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder wrote:I'd hate for the Pit to criticize my cooking.

But seriously, apart from the egotism of live blogging your dinner (something that Jerry Coyne is guilty of far more regularly) I don't give a shit about what Carrier has to eat.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Has this non-binary video been shown here yet?
[youtube]Usm7Q_4Xc7s[/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tribble wrote:

All he had to do was to deglaze the pan with some water. You don't even need wine or stock though they're preferable.
I fear he has a bottle somewhere into which he dutifully pours each sessions fat. One day, when it reaches 200ml, he will heat the mess up and pour it onto some unlucky dish for some unsuspecting guest.
http://i.imgur.com/MYeCZqM.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

another lurker wrote: I picked it up on sale last week. I have become bored with LOTRO and was looking for something different. I think that the game has promise, once I figure out wtf I am doing. It isn't instantly intuitive nor is it as addictive as WoW. WoW had me right from the start, which was probably a bad thing in retrospect. However, one of the things that made WoW great was the interface, which I still have not seen any other game come close to.

I still have EQ2 and Age of Conan, both unopened, up on the shelf. I really would like to play AOC someday. I tried the EQ2 FTP version and it was rather bland.

Oh, I am well on my way to becoming an elite horse trainer just like Matt. Apparently, if I feed my horsie once a day it learns new skillz!!!

Keep us updated.

I played LOTRO for years. Had most of my 9 characters to 65 (and none under 60). Then the cap was raised. I got my guard, champ and captain up to 75. Started working on my mini and rune keeper then just burned out. Tried to go back a few years ago. But I just couldn't get back into it.

I played AoC for a month. Great combat system. Empty world.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Steersman wrote:
So it seems that a fish does need a bicycle sometimes.

I spotted this today and had to photograph it (only had B&W film though):
Flextight1574-1.jpg
(436.25 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://www.theonion.com/article/parents ... daug-50851
Addressing students at the dedication ceremony, parents Arnold and Cassie Stigmore noted that while the college had adequate facilities to assist victims of discrimination, abuse, and post-traumatic stress, it had until now offered no comparable safe space for students, like their beloved daughter, who encounter an academic viewpoint that gives them an uncomfortable feeling.

“When our Alexis felt weird after hearing someone discuss an idea that did not conform to her personally held beliefs, she had no place to turn,” said Arnold Stigmore, standing outside the $2 million space that reportedly features soothing music, neutral-colored walls, oversized floor cushions, fun board games, and a variety of snacks. “God forbid any of you, in your years at this institution, are ever confronted with an opinion you do not share. But if you are, you will have a refuge on this campus.”

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
feathers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:Some of those replies say Briana Wu has internalized misogyny.

Is that true, or is his external misogyny still attached?
It largely remains attached, but during the Operation it is carefully sliced up and internalised.
Most surgeons play golf (which explains why they slice most of their shots), but now I'm wondering if ... when starting an MtF trans* operation on a non-Jew ... they also yell "fore!"
Only if they have skin in the game.

dogen

Post by dogen »

another lurker wrote:http://www.theonion.com/article/parents ... daug-50851
Addressing students at the dedication ceremony, parents Arnold and Cassie Stigmore noted that while the college had adequate facilities to assist victims of discrimination, abuse, and post-traumatic stress, it had until now offered no comparable safe space for students, like their beloved daughter, who encounter an academic viewpoint that gives them an uncomfortable feeling.

“When our Alexis felt weird after hearing someone discuss an idea that did not conform to her personally held beliefs, she had no place to turn,” said Arnold Stigmore, standing outside the $2 million space that reportedly features soothing music, neutral-colored walls, oversized floor cushions, fun board games, and a variety of snacks. “God forbid any of you, in your years at this institution, are ever confronted with an opinion you do not share. But if you are, you will have a refuge on this campus.”
Wot, no ballpit?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Steersman wrote:One for rayshul, she of "the perfect vagina" (or so I've heard ...):
“The conversation is penis-focused because they are the ones at the unfortunate end of the supply/demand spectrum,” suggests one commenter. “Any vagina seeking a penis finds one, the penis undergoes a more rigorous selection process.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/17/anthr ... z3utvgZSeG

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

This is not a joke.He is not a parody. Look at his feed. He uses the word "woke" unironically to describe people who are socially "awake". He identifies as a person of colour. We are beyond taking the piss. We have lost the war.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
feathers wrote:
quote="Service Dog" Some of those replies say Briana Wu has internalized misogyny.

Is that true, or is his external misogyny still attached? /quote

It largely remains attached, but during the Operation it is carefully sliced up and internalised.
Most surgeons play golf (which explains why they slice most of their shots), but now I'm wondering if ... when starting an MtF trans* operation on a non-Jew ... they also yell "fore!"
No joke, if you are a circumcised MTF reassignment candidate, you have less to play with. This isn't a deal breaker (after all, the majority of the gender reassignment surgeries ever done were performed in the US of A, where little baby boys were once routinely mutilated this way and now only most of them are), but it does have some after effects. Penile skin is far less elastic than vaginal skin, and after it is invaginated (mot juste, as Phil would say) during the surgery to form your neo-vagina, you will end up being much more impressed by Dr. Richard Carrier Ph.D. than if you had been uncircumcised pre-operatively. Oh, and that "BBC" fantasy you might have entertained? Well, let's just say you will regret going there as there isn't enough Astroglide in the universe to make it happen in a good way.
So not au jus, then.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tribble wrote:

Just add some of the vegetable water to the pan with a bit of cornflour for thickening.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tribble wrote:

I wonder if he is thinking about dripping, from the glorious days when one cooked a roast in fat. Mmmm. Salty, crispy, fatty goodness.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ERV wrote:1-- Saw 'Star Wars'. Loved it.

2-- Saw 'Kingsman', finally. Loved it.
a) You realize at the beginning, a news announcer says that Iggy Azalea is missing, which means Iggy is one of the celebrities that said 'No' to the bad guy and was being held captive. Iggy Azalea is a hero in this movie, LOL!!!!!
b) The 'sexist' bit at the end. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Princess knew what bad guy was going to do, and that kid was trying to stop him. Yeah, if you stop that particular plan from coming to fruition, Princess might reward you with whatever the hell you want. Srsly. WTF.
http://imgur.com/EDaNmO1.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/6SVakaO.png
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

http://imgur.com/SF6IM3N.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I really don't want this to stop. But I don't know what to say. :?

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

http://i.imgur.com/wATBWY2.png

Sorry Matt Cavanaugh - that was just too @dELYSEious to not appropriate. If she blocks me it's your fault.

Why yes, I am a shitlord. Why do you ask?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Has this non-binary video been shown here yet?
STAHHHP. JUST … STAHHHP!!!

Listening to something on NPR the other day, heard a preview of a story in which they used the term "gender confirmation surgery." Gonna have to correct the medical school terminology now, or else there will be Trouble.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

cnut the great wrote:
http://digitalclaritygroup.com/wordpres ... 8/trap.png

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:This is not a joke.He is not a parody. Look at his feed.
[t.weet][/tweet]
He uses the word "woke" unironically to describe people who are socially "awake". He identifies as a person of colour. We are beyond taking the piss. We have lost the war.
That guy is more smug and full of himself than 10 Rebecca Watsons. What a colossal embarrassment.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:This is not a joke.He is not a parody. Look at his feed. He uses the word "woke" unironically to describe people who are socially "awake". He identifies as a person of colour. We are beyond taking the piss. We have lost the war.
He actually pwo - sorry, pronounces 'terrorist' as 'tewowist'.

Dude has hit peak twerp.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Has this non-binary video been shown here yet?
STAHHHP. JUST … STAHHHP!!!

Listening to something on NPR the other day, heard a preview of a story in which they used the term "gender confirmation surgery." Gonna have to correct the medical school terminology now, or else there will be Trouble.
Freak has 2 rows of half-filled mason jars behind him. I considered bumping up to HD for a moment, but realized I really don't want to know anything more about him. He can carry on acting toughguy on YouTube and crying himself to sleep.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

He uses the word "woke" unironically to describe people who are socially "awake". He identifies as a person of colour. We are beyond taking the piss. We have lost the war.
Dude was an Elfwick for a while. I don't know what he is.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Brive1987 wrote:I really don't want this to stop. But I don't know what to say. :?
I think it's time for 'Tits or GTFO'.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Gumby wrote:
[t.weet][/tweet]
That guy is more smug and full of himself than 10 Rebecca Watsons. What a colossal embarrassment.
That would be a deccabecca, amirit?

:dance:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Just a few random thoughts on the PZ Myers rape accusation that never was. Investigated.

First, I'd always assumed that it was something that happened a long time ago.
He first mentioned it in 2010, which puts the time of the incident prior to the stricter title IX requirements in cases of allegations of sexual assault.
His actions - as detailed in his first post on the matter - would certainly fail the title IX requirements so it was lucky for him that he escapes that one on a technicality.

As for the questions raised today did it really happen?
I'm of the mind that something did happen.
It's clear from following his publication record that there was an abrupt break from research at one point in the 1990s - coincidentally when this incident happened. The incident certainly happened in a previous post (he mentions laboratories and grad students so it appears to be a place where research was occurring - and therefore not Morris shithole-of-nowhere Minnesota.)
He alway appears a somewhat bitter about the incident. I have to wonder whether even the non-investigation put paid to his hopes of tenure at that college.
As others have mentioned, his initial retelling of the story was not done in an SJW approved manner. Of course that was written in 2010, approximately a year before he saw the light and became a lifelong feminist, but still, even shitlords like us can notice the fact that not only does his version of the tale change on each retelling, but the initial damning telling makes the point that he made sure that an investigation never started.
I doubt that anyone here seriously believes he did assault anyone, but in such a situation there should be some way to ensure that a real perpetrator does not also 'make sure that an investigation never starts'. For whatever faults exist in the current title IX requirements, they do at least attempt to ensure that a student assaulted by a member of staff will not face a situation where the perpetrator has discussed the situation with the head of department and ensured that the accusation is not taken seriously.
In Myers case I can only assume that the student faced the head of department who told her drop the accusation and they would allow her to continue her course in that University.
The head of department had no way of knowing whether Myers or the student was telling the truth (there was no investigation, remember?) so there was, in theory, a chance that a student in that situation would have been railroaded into dropping a justified complaint.
The danger to Myers is that his feminist friends pick up on this.
As soon has he becomes a liability to the likes of Shakesville you can be assured that they will suddenly become aware of this incident. McEwan definitely knows about this but it appears that Myers is too useful to appear on the current hit lists.

There is, however, one thing that Myers must be seriously worried about.
The likes of Milo could destroy Myers by doing one simple thing: making a plea for the student in question to tell her side of the story.
Even a troll pretending to be the student would be enough to set a large section of the feminist community against Myers. He knows that there are many feminist that make it a point of principle to always believe rape accusations - no matter how tenuous they appear - and Myers own words give enough rope for anyone willing to destroy him in the eyes of those particular feminists.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

dogen wrote:
That would be a deccabecca, amirit?

:dance:
:doh:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dr. Chef Cum Carrier PHD left a little piece of himself on the thread in which PZ retold the story of how his victim confronted him:
Richard Carrier
20 December 2015 at 4:06 pm
Just FYI, I suspect Cartimandua is a troll; more specifically, a well known Twitter troll by the name of Brive1987. Because they are using the same peculiar vocabulary and punctuation to describe what they are “concerned” about. If that’s the case, then they are feigning (also known as lying about) all their rigmarole about being a PZ supporter and just concerned about something. This looks like classic sock puppet concern trolling, pretending to be an ally who is just “concerned” about some things. When in fact they are an enemy with consistently vile opinions. (Brive is a regular defender of harassers and anti-feminist talking points…in other words, someone who in real life is very explicitly never really concerned about the women in these situations. He is also a regular Slimepit reader and ally, and an FTBullies camper.)
https://archive.is/F17Qk

Brive, I'm sorry to say that you've been outed as a Slimepitter.

It's also worth pointing out that the dumb shits commenting fail to acknowledge that this is yet another slightly different account of the rape accusation. They're treating it like it's the first time.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Just a few random thoughts on the PZ Myers rape accusation that never was. Investigated.

First, I'd always assumed that it was something that happened a long time ago.
He first mentioned it in 2010, which puts the time of the incident prior to the stricter title IX requirements in cases of allegations of sexual assault.
His actions - as detailed in his first post on the matter - would certainly fail the title IX requirements so it was lucky for him that he escapes that one on a technicality.

As for the questions raised today did it really happen?
I'm of the mind that something did happen.
It's clear from following his publication record that there was an abrupt break from research at one point in the 1990s - coincidentally when this incident happened. The incident certainly happened in a previous post (he mentions laboratories and grad students so it appears to be a place where research was occurring - and therefore not Morris shithole-of-nowhere Minnesota.)
He alway appears a somewhat bitter about the incident. I have to wonder whether even the non-investigation put paid to his hopes of tenure at that college.
As others have mentioned, his initial retelling of the story was not done in an SJW approved manner. Of course that was written in 2010, approximately a year before he saw the light and became a lifelong feminist, but still, even shitlords like us can notice the fact that not only does his version of the tale change on each retelling, but the initial damning telling makes the point that he made sure that an investigation never started.
I doubt that anyone here seriously believes he did assault anyone, but in such a situation there should be some way to ensure that a real perpetrator does not also 'make sure that an investigation never starts'. For whatever faults exist in the current title IX requirements, they do at least attempt to ensure that a student assaulted by a member of staff will not face a situation where the perpetrator has discussed the situation with the head of department and ensured that the accusation is not taken seriously.
In Myers case I can only assume that the student faced the head of department who told her drop the accusation and they would allow her to continue her course in that University.
The head of department had no way of knowing whether Myers or the student was telling the truth (there was no investigation, remember?) so there was, in theory, a chance that a student in that situation would have been railroaded into dropping a justified complaint.
The danger to Myers is that his feminist friends pick up on this.
As soon has he becomes a liability to the likes of Shakesville you can be assured that they will suddenly become aware of this incident. McEwan definitely knows about this but it appears that Myers is too useful to appear on the current hit lists.

The likes of Milo could destroy Myers by doing one simple thing: making a plea for the student in question to tell her side of the story.
Even a troll pretending to be the student would be enough to set a large section of the feminist community against Myers. He knows that there are many feminist that make it a point of principle to always believe rape accusations - no matter how tenuous they appear - and Myers own words give enough rope for anyone willing to destroy him in the eyes of those particular feminists.

According to wiki:
Myers has taught and researched at the University of Oregon, the University of Utah and Temple University. He is currently an associate professor of biology at the University of Minnesota's Morris campus.[1] He is a member of Minnesota Citizens for Science Education.[18]
I have a redollection of Myers providing more details at one stage of the Institution's post zoom response. Possibly a post during his Nugenting? I will check the cutlery draw later.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

this is complicated.

1) while it's true that even the most emasculated feminist postmales are thrown under the bus immediately whenever the most nonsensical allegations of misconduct are levelled against them,

it's also true that

2) the past 1.5-2 years of investigating the backgrounds of outspoken #SJW feminist males has shown that there is an unusually high number of sexual predators, even convicted sex criminals, among them.

They're found everywhere, in the gutter (Sarah Nyberg, Hannibal the Victor), as well as in the upper ranks of academia and media (Hugo Schwyzer, Ian Gomeshi). So, my question is: How sure are we really that PZ Myers is "innocent" of such crimes ?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Really? wrote:Dr. Chef Cum Carrier PHD left a little piece of himself on the thread in which PZ retold the story of how his victim confronted him:
Richard Carrier
Just FYI, I suspect Cartimandua is a troll; more specifically, a well known Twitter troll by the name of Brive1987. Because they are using the same peculiar vocabulary and punctuation to describe what they are “concerned” about. If that’s the case, then they are feigning (also known as lying about) all their rigmarole about being a PZ supporter and just concerned about something. This looks like classic sock puppet concern trolling, pretending to be an ally who is just “concerned” about some things. When in fact they are an enemy with consistently vile opinions. (Brive is a regular defender of harassers and anti-feminist talking points…in other words, someone who in real life is very explicitly never really concerned about the women in these situations. He is also a regular Slimepit reader and ally, and an FTBullies camper.)

It's also worth pointing out that the dumb shits commenting fail to acknowledge that this is yet another slightly different account of the rape accusation. They're treating it like it's the first time.
In fact, not a proper Slymer -- just a 'reader' and an 'ally'. Brive, my condolences for being demoted to 'Pit Untermensch/Arsehole' (PUA for short).

dogen

Post by dogen »

TiBo wrote:this is complicated.

1) while it's true that even the most emasculated feminist postmales are thrown under the bus immediately whenever the most nonsensical allegations of misconduct are levelled against them,

it's also true that

2) the past 1.5-2 years of investigating the backgrounds of outspoken #SJW feminist males has shown that there is an unusually high number of sexual predators, even convicted sex criminals, among them.

They're found everywhere, in the gutter (Sarah Nyberg, Hannibal the Victor), as well as in the upper ranks of academia and media (Hugo Schwyzer, Ian Gomeshi). So, my question is: How sure are we really that PZ Myers is "innocent" of such crimes ?
I think a proper Bayesian analysis could help point the way to the truth. How does it go again, "Dr" Carrier? Oh yes:

:cdc:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Actually that was easy.

Here is Nugent's slap down:
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/11/24 ... llegation/

And Myers additional information:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-879826

Note this is where PZ used the word "recanted" for the student. I will repeat the point that I made then:

http://i.imgur.com/3P7uzux.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Really? wrote:Dr. Chef Cum Carrier PHD left a little piece of himself on the thread in which PZ retold the story of how his victim confronted him:
Richard Carrier
Heh. Did you catch Cainaji's response?
Caine

20 December 2015 at 5:15 pm

Richard Carrier @ 34:
Just FYI, I suspect Cartimandua is a troll; more specifically, a well known Twitter troll by the name of Brive1987.
Anything is possible, but I remember Brive well, and I doubt Brive would have let matters rest with a ‘thanks for clearing that up’ to PZ. I also know Cartimandua here as a long time commenter, even though they don’t comment a great deal. Perhaps it would have been better to have contacted PZ so a check could be done.
Background checks for commenting on Pharyngula. Oh my. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ffs wrote: The answe is of course 'yes'
Unfortunately, Brianna Wu's interaction with the authorities didn't go so well...

[youtube]oheIkf6drfA[/youtube]
Guess she's a chamion of the damsel in distress sexist trope, aslong as it doesn't make it's way out of reality and into video games.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dog puke wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wATBWY2.png

Sorry Matt Cavanaugh - that was just too @dELYSEious to not appropriate. If she blocks me it's your fault.

Why yes, I am a shitlord. Why do you ask?
Go for it. If i were on Twitter, I'd end up blocked by everyone on the planet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyone want to run a Bayesian analysis of the probability that Banders ever gets any on the side?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Grudge match:

Greta Christina vs. Richard Dawkins

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... olidarity/

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Here's one for Steers:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPkLTMm ... /giphy.gif
You utter, utter CUNT.
I concur, this is the fucking evilest thing ever posted on the pyt.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Za-zen wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Here's one for Steers:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPkLTMm ... /giphy.gif
You utter, utter CUNT.
Mykeru's gif pales in comparison.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Grudge match:

Greta Christina vs. Richard Dawkins

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropol ... olidarity/
Rose hipster and yazikus are massive twits

Both major apologists for fundie Islam

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Nerd believes Dr. Richard Carrier PhD:
Nerd of Redhead, Dances OM Trolls wrote:
20 December 2015 at 4:34 pm

Richard Carrier #34
Just FYI, I suspect Cartimandua is a troll; more specifically, a well known Twitter troll by the name of Brive1987.
Ah, the second ‘nym rings a bell as a MRA. And it explains a lot, about what I saw as mixed messages. Thanks.
Meanwhile, after the intervention by Cainaji, Dr. Carrier reconsiders:
Richard Carrier wrote:
20 December 2015 at 5:38 pm

Caine, I hear you. It would be remarkable for an actual supporter of PZ to be quoting Brive without attribution and repeating the same talking points without explaining they come from a slimer, but I concur it is possible. Though the sock puppet could be longstanding. So Brive could have been playing that alter ego for a while, so as not to be (yet again) banned from this blog. Hence their controlled behavior. PZ might be able to disconfirm the hypothesis. But he might not even have the data to do so. That’s the thing about sock puppets. They are hard to catch. Especially if they’ve been played a while to earn points in the rep game.
This is the guy who pretends that he can detect interpolations in the writings of a Roman Jew, Flavius Josephus, who lived almost 2000 year ago. Well, perhaps we are dealing with a Brivean interpolation here, too. :lol:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
That would be interesting. I could easily imagine PZ saying something really offensive with sexual overtones while leering at "that girl". Think of the card trick thing only done in private and maybe turned up a notch.
Imagine "that girl" saying something like this:
I couldn't believe he had said that and I broke down crying. He left the room and shortly after one of the grad students that Dr. Myers was friendly with came in and talked to me. She tried to tell me that he was really a good guy and maybe I misunderstood his intentions and it would be a mistake to report it and probably wouldn't be believed. I realized the power someone like Dr. Myers held and how he could really destroy me an my future STEM prospects.
Soon after I was confronted by a university official and asked whether I had tried to threaten Myers with a misconduct allegation and I said no,I was frightened and I had no idea that he had gone to others to sew lies about me.
Since then, I have occasionally have read his blog and seen the rather crude things said there and seen how he goes on crusades to destroy people's reputations. That is why I will not come forward with my name, I retook my course with another professor and did well, I now have a good career and a family and don't want to face the kind of vitriol that would almost certainly happen if I came forward. He frightens me.
Believe my account or don't, I know I would have doubts an bout an anonymous allegation, but I just won't sacrifice my well being to satiate people's curiosity.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Za-zen wrote:https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPkLTMm ... /giphy.gif

As long as no asshole turns this into a bi-stable image vs illusion debate....

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:I really don't want this to stop. But I don't know what to say. :?
And it was at that moment the whole pit realized in simultaneous horror, that the preciousness "chicken juice" that Richard Carrie had been saving for a long long time in order to make chicken gravy, came from choking his chicken.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Richard Carrier

"I have not posted on that forum"

But the avalanche of insults? It burns.
But let me say this:

Richard Carrier, I am Cathmandua. You got me. So cut the equivocation. Shaft me, ban me, call me out to the high heavens. I deserve the most wicked porcupine insults. Do it now.

Before I change my mind.

(Jesus Christ Superstar call out there)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

My youngest just walked up to me holding the top half of a plastic candy cane to her upper lip. She proclaimed to me that she was "a boy". I asked her what made her a boy. She stated the mustache. I explained that some women can have mustaches and she looked at me like I was a fucking idiot and told me I was wrong.

She is a great little shitlord.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

Service Dog wrote:Let's see... I wasn't a fan of Upright Citizen's Brigade, so I guess I didn't like Amy Poehler then.
Nor Wet Hot American Summer.
When she & Tina Fey were on SNL, I thought they were great... at first.
Then I didn't pay attention.
They made a sucky film called Baby Mama.
Parks & Rec is overrated schlock.
3 years ago, The Last Psychiatrist wrote "The funniest thing about Amy Poehler is nothing," and that epitaph has popped into my head every time I've seen her since then-- and he's been right every time.

Today, I saw an SNL sketch on r/television, a game show called "Meet Your Second Wife".

As soon as the premise became clear, foremost in my mind was that most divorces are initiated by the wife, and the most common reason given is an amorphous Not Satisfied Enough (apart from dissatisfaction due to a specific cause, such as physical abuse, infidelity, substance abuse). I wondered whether the SNL writers Fey & Poehler would sidestep the real reason men find themselves seeking second wives, in favor of hackneyed cliches about men abandoning perfectly-good first wives for a younger model. Yep.

Also-- the MRA in me can't-help but notice the male contestant characters are all prosperous white collar providers, the only type of men not-invisible to women-who-bitch-about-this-kinda-stuff.

I also had an uncanny awareness that I'm close to Poehler in age & background & she easily could have been my first wife. I woulda thought she was great! Even as she turned into the crapulent mind behind this skit... I'da stuck with her. But the skit makes you sympathize with any longtime partner who left her bitter ass. I don't see Tina Fey & me as a match. She seems more like the type who would have been the younger trophy to some older dude & ... sure-enough, she's married to an Executive Producer of 30 Rock, ten years older, they met at Second City; when she was starting-out. Still with her. Again, if he leaves her, this skit justifies that urge.

Ok, so... Poehler & Fey have a gripe. So they made a skit. What's the cure to the social problem they decry? Are these feminists against easily-obtained no-fault divorce? Pro- "traditional marriage''?

[youtube]MJEAGd1bQuc[/youtube]
I haven't seen enough Poehler to know if she is funny or not. The one or two Park & Recs seemed more amused smirk than actually funny, but that is exactly how I see Schumer, who I have watched enough of to realize she isn't funny.

The soft chuckles of low expectations.

But the Last Psychiatrist, man oh man is he over my head and/or is his post all wet (or possibly both).

I did agree with your analysis of Meet The Second Wife, though I have to admit I did find it funny.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Carrier.

Also, and while I am in mea culpa mood .... .For a long time You knew me as "ogvorbis".

But, well, you know. Bygones.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That SNL sketch could have been funny except it's suppose to be a game show. Where is the game?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987 wrote:Carrier.

Also, and while I am in mea culpa mood .... .For a long time You knew me as "ogvorbis".

But, well, you know. Bygones.
I bet you are Franc too. And Nerd of Redhead. Confess.

Really?

Post by Really? »

comhcinc wrote:That SNL sketch could have been funny except it's suppose to be a game show. Where is the game?
You require a reason to slut shame younger women who date older men? They forgot it was a game show even though fey's husband took advantage of the power differential.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

dogen wrote: Also, 'chaise lounge', you ignorant fuckwads?
Here's Brett Farve in a chaise lounge.
http://i.imgur.com/asg2khW.png

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

The more I think about it, the angrier I get.

How could anyone watch 'Kingsman' and see it as anything *other* than a feminist movie?

The main male characters are bullies, wife-beaters, traitors, and psychopaths. The protagonists father sacrificed himself to save others, and yet he is throwing his life away. His mentor, while skilled, fucks up, and ultimately walks into a trap.

Contrast that to the main female characters:
1-- Mom: Husband killed under mysterious circumstances, leaving her alone raising their kid. She gives the 'one wish' to her son, submits herself to surviving an abusive relationship to keep a roof over their heads.
2-- Roxy: BOSS. Beautiful, smart, strong, apparently the first (or one of very few) female Kingsmen. Brave as shit, conquering her fears on several occasions to save the day (she was NOT letting go of Eggsy in that one scene when it could have killed her, and then in the final scenes). Does it all while being *nice*. Apparently just a chill girl who wants boys to think shes cool. I would *love* to learn more about her and how she was chosen as a candidate.
3-- Princess: Sees her colleague join in with a psychos plan. Her bodyguards killed. Would rather die with everyone else than live in the villains future. Helpless until a young man shows up at her door-- he asks for a kiss, she offers him more. Because she *wants* to. How is a woman using her sexuality *sexist*?? btw-- Young man comes back not only having saved the world, but also with Champagne and two glasses. Hes cute, saved the world, AND a gentleman. What the fuck does him being white have to do with it?
4-- Villains #2: Villain would have been fucked without her. She planned and organized everything, because he was a fucking pussy. She was also fucking good at her job. Boss wants plan done faster? She got it done faster. Boss wants stupid trigger on his doomsday device? She made sure that dumb trigger was on it. btw-- All her shit *worked*. The funny 'tragedy' of the villain is that if he would have done what she suggested (not the stupid trigger), his plan would have worked. Villain is obviously just a money bag.

Hell, it was even a woman in the Kentucky church who knew something was 'off' about the mentor being there. And then Iggy Azalea.

I mean the only male character who isnt a twat is Merlin.

HOW COULD ANYONE NOT THINK THIS WAS A GIRL-POWER MOVIE? Because one of the women wanted to have sex????

And how the fuck can PZ be such a bitch about 'Force Awakens'?? That was *exactly* the Star Wars I wanted my girls to see. Fucking awesome. Fuck him.

dogen

Post by dogen »

fuzzy wrote:
dogen wrote: Also, 'chaise lounge', you ignorant fuckwads?
Here's Brett Farve in a chaise lounge.
http://i.imgur.com/asg2khW.png
As a cheesehead, you just gave me PTSD. Thanks, m8!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Dick Strawkins wrote:SNIP

I doubt that anyone here seriously believes he did assault anyone...SNIP
Err...you must have Commander Tuvok blocked.

:lol: :lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

FFS, can Dicky Carrier not even get a bag of frozen animal juice from the freezer without splooging all over his kitchen?

http://i.imgur.com/yhiwwBq.png

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

dogen wrote:
I think it's time for 'Tits or GTFO'.
I am afraid to ask what that frozen drop on the package is. Is it water or it is something I really do not want to know?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So this year ends in a whimper.

I don't know if I have mentioned this but my job which I found to be awesome, turned into a stressful nightmare after I got on the wrong side of the office manager. She really didn't like me.

It came to a head about two weeks ago when all our quickbooks data where lost. The lost was blamed on me and we got in touch with quickbooks to see if the data could be recovered and they said it could because of a virus. This virus had to come from a user (ie the office manager) and I was able to work with them and had a back up of our data that only had a couple of hours missing. This took about a week of working with Quickbooks to discover and fix and by that point my goose was cooked. She had convinced the owner to replace me.

I knew it was happening because but I assumed I had until at least around the middle of January for no other reason so I could train my replacement well enough to actually do my job. So I was quiet surprised when at 6 pm on Friday I was handed my last check. I wasn't giving time to get my stuff together or even clear off the pc I had there of private information.

So here I am jobless single parent the week of Christmas.

Don't be sad for me thought. I am not. Fuck that place. I am going to spent the week with the kids and maybe go watch some star wars (thanks ERV!) and start looking fresh. We have food. The bills are paid up for the next couple of weeks. The kid's Christmas is bought, and I have the pit to make me laugh.