Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Cnutella

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Cnutella »

another lurker wrote:Just got back from the new Bond movie, Spectre.

The opening credits = PZ wet dream. And I don't mean Rebecca Watson.
Worst. Bond. Theme. Ever. Seriously, wtf was that reedy little ballad?

Also, bringing Blofeld and SPECTRE back was a risky gamble post-Dr Evil, and the director knew it. So the inevitable Council of Evil scene tried to be more De Niro in the Untouchables rather than "they're always after me lucky charms" and it sort of succeeded -I guess- but it was still haunted by the ghosts of Frau Farbissina and Paddy O'Brian.

Also I'm certain that Mr Bigglesworth is the reason you never saw Blofeld holding the white Persian cat, which got all of two seconds of screen time. That was in the same scene where Blofeld monologued on his upbringing, and all I could think of was "My childhood was quite typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... have you ever seen a shorn scrotum? It's really quite breathtaking."

[youtube]lTJj4wbmAhk[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Za-zen wrote:I fully expect by the time I am dead and gone for people to say "lol" to something said rather than laugh.
I had a buddy doing that 10 years ago.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Bond girls silk dress compensated for any failures

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Obama, such a liberal, all about individual rights n stuff
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ersecurity

New cybersecurity bill. You have no right to privacy.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Brive1987 wrote:The Bond girls silk dress compensated for any failures
"Girl"

Don't misgender the Bond "girls". Just because they look like women and act like womyn doesn't mean they actually are. They might identify a cats. Or men. And since subjective feelz Trump objective reality, they are probably *actual* cats, or men, if they identify as such.

Brive, you are such a shitlord.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I was at my shitlord best tonight stomping away at Elton John at the Hordern. My daughter would have died.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface wrote:Wheaton College Suspends Christian Professor Who Wore Hijab To Show Solidarity With Muslims
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... y-muslims/
Hmm... do you think we could sucker SJWs into doing this? Running around in Hijabs?

Really?

Post by Really? »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Really? wrote: As PZ gleefully pointed out, the young girl flamed out in college and is likely a miserable failure now. Thanks to him?

*snip*
Hey, this is familiar. Did he really do something like this, or am I just misremembering some Pit lies? Please provide source material, this needs rebroadcasting if correct.

It's crazy, but when it comes to Meyers one just cannot believe the shit he has actually said can possibly be real. But when faced with the oaken truth of The Internet, it is shocking how much he has flat-out lied, and thought that the lie wiped out all previous comments. The guy is mentally fucked up, yo.
Comment from PZ on a thread in which PZ tries to thread the needle between WHITE MEN HAVE PRIVILEGE AND ARE NEVER CONVICTED OF THEIR RAPES and THE ACCUSATION AGAINST ME WAS THE ONLY FALSE ONE.

https://archive.is/YWaAI

Lifelong feminist PZ Myers doesn't seem very sad that yet another woman was pushed out of STEM by the sexual imposition of white male teachers. But it does seem as though he kept up with her career...

And PZ, so noble, so benevolent, was really only thinking of her when he BANG - ZOOMED to the office before his victim could work up the gumption to tell someone her frightening story.
PZ Myers

5 August 2014 at 7:59 am

Except in this case I haven’t changed my views! I pointed out this example of a real-life anecdote, but it did not prejudice me against women forever.

#22: She was concerned about getting into optometry school. Her poor grade in my class did not prevent her from graduating, but probably did make it harder for her to get into a good professional program — the last I heard about her (this was many years ago), she was sending out lots of applications. Don’t know if she got in.

She didn’t get a recommendation from me, but there were no actions taken against her. Again, reacting quickly saved me from embarrassment, but also probably spared her from more serious ethical investigations that would have really blighted her career prospects.

Really?

Post by Really? »

From the comments of the thread I just mentioned: some moron named Stacy bitchslaps a Hordelet for not understanding that the vague, anonymous accusation against Shermer is all the evidence any skeptic should need.
What does that even mean? The evidence is a first-person account. Dude, you’re free to “question” all you like, but PZ’s blog isn’t a fucking court of law and “proof” applies only to mathematics and formal logic.
Here you are, lecturing us all about “Skepticism,” and you’ve got your basic facts wrong.
Advanced Skeptic Protip: Next time, before you weigh in on a topic, don’t rely on what your friends told you so-and-so wrote on his blog. Read it for yourself first.
That's right, testimony = evidence, which means that Bigfoot is real.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Suet Cardigan wrote:TIL that the internet is "tailor-made for anti=feminism":
Extreme.png
Would anyone like to explain how the internet is "tailor-made for anti=feminism"?
Freedom to express your point of view, even if it conflicts with feminists.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:From the comments of the thread I just mentioned: some moron named Stacy bitchslaps a Hordelet for not understanding that the vague, anonymous accusation against Shermer is all the evidence any skeptic should need.
What does that even mean? The evidence is a first-person account. Dude, you’re free to “question” all you like, but PZ’s blog isn’t a fucking court of law and “proof” applies only to mathematics and formal logic.
Here you are, lecturing us all about “Skepticism,” and you’ve got your basic facts wrong.
Advanced Skeptic Protip: Next time, before you weigh in on a topic, don’t rely on what your friends told you so-and-so wrote on his blog. Read it for yourself first.
A first-person account was also taken as "evidence" UVA rape case. Where nobody bothered to chec with the alleged perpetrator. Or with the fraternity where the rape allegedly took place.

Myers didn't bother to check with Shermer before publishing the "grendade" post, either. He didn't bother to check with DJ Grothe, James Randi, or with anyone who was present at the con. He didn't bother to correct his Horde or himself when they did away with the "alleged" qualifier and started calling Shermer a "rapist" (in the case of WMDKitty, even a "confirmed rapist").

Just because a blog isn't "a court of law" it doesn't mean that you shouldn't have some standards for evidence. Myers violated some core principles of ethical journalism (just like Sabrina Erdely) let alone skepticism.

It gets even worse: he and his Horde attacked anyone who dared to question Myers' "grenade post" or to criticize his standards as a "rape apologist" (even his former friend Michael Nugent).

Myers' position is worse than Rolling Stone's. At least RS admitted they published a piece of very shoddy reporting. And keep in mind that Erdely's article didn't even publish the name of the alleged rapist, while Myers did, calling him a "rapist" (with no qualifiers) more than one time. Yet Myers still insists that he acted completely ethically and that he didn't need more evidence before publishing his accusation.

At least Erdely apologized in public (albeit grudgingly). Myers doubled down and even accused Nugent of having established "a haven for rapists".

Erdely's piece has been called the "Worst Piece of Journalism in 2014". Myers has done much, much worse.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

Did someone mention Elton?

[youtube]wEpKjvBcDFo[/youtube]

:fpig: :fpig: :fpig: :fpig: :fpig:

Dave

Post by Dave »

Really? wrote:From the comments of the thread I just mentioned: some moron named Stacy bitchslaps a Hordelet for not understanding that the vague, anonymous accusation against Shermer is all the evidence any skeptic should need.
Testimony is evidence. Its just a fairly weak form of evidence. Uncorroborated testimony relayed second-hand from an unnamed source is extremely weak evidence.

This doesnt mean its wrong, just that its unreliable. But thats whats tricky about testimony -- its emotionally satisfying, and so, people tend to over estimate its probative value and trust it more than they should.

There is much irony in the "Protip" though. Some enterprising individual should mine that shit, it could keep a steel factory going for a week!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Wheaton College Suspends Christian Professor Who Wore Hijab To Show Solidarity With Muslims
Hmm... do you think we could sucker SJWs into doing this? Running around in Hijabs?
It would take a troll of Elfwick ingenuity to pull that off.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dan Barker of the largely useless FFRF joins the "christian terrorists" meme machine.

Why is Christian terrorism downplayed in the U.S.?

My reply:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/freethough ... 2414266730

Dave

Post by Dave »

another lurker wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The Bond girls silk dress compensated for any failures
"Girl"

Don't misgender the Bond "girls". Just because they look like women and act like womyn doesn't mean they actually are. They might identify a cats. Or men. And since subjective feelz Trump objective reality, they are probably *actual* cats, or men, if they identify as such.

Brive, you are such a shitlord.
If the "Bond girls" are men, then I am a homosexual.

As a newly minted fag, I claim my oppression points and tell you fuck-off. Its OK, Im punching up.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
In the 80s & 90s, the SJW cunts use to run around in those red-checked PLO bandanas.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

'Have some mummy milk': Christian cult leader and psychotherapist who made women suckle her breasts is jailed for four years

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... years.html

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
deLurch wrote:
In the 80s & 90s, the SJW cunts use to run around in those red-checked PLO bandanas.
It's one case where I'm happy to snark at people for cultural appropriation.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dan Barker of the largely useless FFRF joins the "christian terrorists" meme machine.

My reply:

You said that Dear was mentally ill!?!???1111

Ableist!

Stop stigmatizing mental illness ffs.

FYI, the SJW twit who said that the statement "the storm is crazy" = ableist, has no problems using the term "delusional"

ITS OK WHEN WE DO IT

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

U. of Iowa President Apologizes for Suggesting Unprepared Professors Be Shot

http://chronicle.com/blogs/ticker/u-of- ... hot/107439

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Shatterface wrote:'Have some mummy milk': Christian cult leader and psychotherapist who made women suckle her breasts is jailed for four years

Today's Challenge Wank is brought to you by Shatterface.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/ ... 745640.jpg

Dave

Post by Dave »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Shatterface wrote:'Have some mummy milk': Christian cult leader and psychotherapist who made women suckle her breasts is jailed for four years

Today's Challenge Wank is brought to you by Shatterface.
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62665704.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

another lurker wrote:Hey Katamari, was Queer Eye for the Straight Guy cultural appropriation?
Loki1001 • 2 days ago

I'm gay, and this is where I come from with cultural appropriation (how to define it, how to notice it):

In the late '90s and the early 2000s there was a mild renaissance of gay people in the media. The biggest hit was Will & Grace, but the most important was Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. What drove those shows (and others like them) was not attempting to appeal to actual gay people, instead gayness was a prop used to sell products to women. QEftSG was, ironically, a makeover show designed for neither gay people nor straight men, but women (specifically wives and girlfriends). And you can see this in every makeover show on TV, a woman is plucked from her dreary life and a gay man descends upon her making her look fabulous. He is just a tool to move her from a before state to an after state in the narrative, and in the larger capitalist context to convince women to buy new makeup and clothes.

That's what cultural appropriation is. That's what exoticification is. It is what happens when a culture or group of people is repackaged to be sold to a larger society and where the actual people in that group become largely irrelevant marketing tools. Someone is appropriating another culture to do with what they want. A yoga class which has an Indian women specifically to lend authenticity on staff and where the instructors recite from Wikipedia's article on Hinduism while doing it, and that's selling Ganesha key chains would be cultural appropriation (and pretty successful, probably) particularly if that was a chain buisness. A yoga class which teaches the poses because they are good exercises would not really be cultural appropriation.
It wasn't a show for gay people, it wasn't a show for straight men. It was a show for straight women to fantasize about changing their boyfriends.
Yeah. Because fuck exposing gay people to a wider audience and showing them that hey, gay people aren't a bunch of sick freaks. Sure, it played up a stereotype, but so what, all in good fun, right? And it demonstrated that gay people aren't scary! But oh noes, the hurt feelz of a narcissistic SJW who wants to feel victimised by everything under the sun comes first!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightat ... 2410841366

Someone else in the comments made a great point:
What's really sad about that stupid, stupid protest is that the Japanese agencies behind the exhibition want Westerners to take up kimono-wearing. Traditional kimono-making is in danger of becoming a lost art because so few Japanese wear traditional kimonos any more. The Japanese are trying to expand the market for kimonos so that the art and traditions will survive.
Moral: if it's not your ox being gored, and you haven't even checked with the owner of the ox about how they feel about it, sit down and shut up.
Yeah. I just love it when privileged *white* SJW's, under the guise of 'protecting marginalized people' actually, actively, harm them. They harm the people they claim to be protecting, and then just walk away, patting themselves on the back about what brave protectors of the oppressed they are.
While I agree with his description of the show I don't think it was exploitive or appropriation, and like you said, it did a lot of good. I personally couldn't stand Will & Grace, but it probably did more for gay acceptance and rights than all the SJWs combined ever did.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Gumby wrote:I hate short-paging myself. Y'all can just put up with it for another page.

http://i.imgur.com/9hbXbnM.jpg
If there is a Shoop Hall of Fame, this certainly belongs in it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote:I personally couldn't stand Will & Grace, but it probably did more for gay acceptance and rights than all the SJWs combined ever did.
And the most for anorexic acceptance since Aly McBeal.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The Bible mentions several witnesses were present at the Resurrection. We rely on witnesses in court nowadays, so why don't you trust them from the Gospel?

Really?

Post by Really? »

feathers wrote:
The Bible mentions several witnesses were present at the Resurrection. We rely on witnesses in court nowadays, so why don't you trust them from the Gospel?

Okay, okay. I was being to rigid, as pointed out by another pitter. Testimony is indeed a form of evidence and is accepted in courts and often should be.

My point is that testimony shouldn't be immediately taken as Gospel.

Scented Nectar

Your Every Once in a While, New and Improved, Youtube Tutori

Post by Scented Nectar »

Youtube tutorial thingie...

A youtube video's url will come in different forms depending on how you arrived there (playlists, embedded videos, direct urls, etc). You need to find the video's 11 character long code from within its url in order to embed that video on the forum.

Some youtube urls have the code at the end of the url, and others have it somewhere in the middle. The code consists of only numbers, letters, and/or dashes (both - and _). You need to strip off the extra stuff, and then put the code alone between the forum's youtube tags.

Here are examples:

Codes at the end of an url:

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjPlEv_e01g
http://youtu.be/NjPlEv_e01g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NjPlEv_e01g
On these, it's obvious which part is the 11 character code. It's the NjPlEv_e01g at the end of the urls.

Codes in the middle of a youtube.com url:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjPlEv_e01g&feature=my_favorites&list=FLGfAOgQRByLDu5xejATsjDw
http://youtu.be/NjPlEv_e01g?list=UUjNxszyFPasDdRoD9J6X-sw
The codes are NjPlEv_e01g. They can be distinguished from the letters/numbers/dashes at the end of the url because the code is always 11 characters long. The letters/numbers/dashes at the end of the urls are 24 characters long, so those can't be the code.

So, the code is NjPlEv_e01g, and that needs to be put inside forum youtube tags:

GamerGate: Is games marketing really sexist?
[youtube]NjPlEv_e01g[/youtube]
The above code will become this when posted:

GamerGate: Is games marketing really sexist?

Scented Nectar

Re: Your Every Once in a While, New and Improved, Youtube Tu

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:Youtube tutorial thingie...
Title fucked up. "Your Every Once in a While, New and Improved, Youtube Tutori" should have an "al" at the end.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Really? wrote:
feathers wrote:The Bible mentions several witnesses were present at the Resurrection. We rely on witnesses in court nowadays, so why don't you trust them from the Gospel?
Okay, okay. I was being to rigid, as pointed out by another pitter. Testimony is indeed a form of evidence and is accepted in courts and often should be.

My point is that testimony shouldn't be immediately taken as Gospel.
Psst, I was jocularly helping you by pointing out the vapidity of Stacy's "the evidence is a first-person account" :)

feathers

Post by feathers »

Scented Nectar wrote:Youtube tutorial thingie...

A youtube video's url will come in different forms depending on how you arrived there (playlists, embedded videos, direct urls, etc). You need to find the video's 11 character long code from within its url in order to embed that video on the forum.
Question is, why can't the silly, silly phpbb board code figure this out for you.

oh wait, phpbb, there i answered my own question

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:House is an obvious reference to Holmes, with Wilson standing in for Watson. It's the whole premise of the show. IMDB says so.
Law and Order: Criminal Intent's Gorin/Holmes and Eames/Watson also fits the pattern.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Scented Nectar wrote: GamerGate: Is games marketing really sexist?
Candy Crush™ sounds like the name of a porn star. QED.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dan Barker of the largely useless FFRF joins the "christian terrorists" meme machine.

My reply:

You said that Dear was mentally ill!?!???1111

Ableist!

Stop stigmatizing mental illness ffs.

FYI, the SJW twit who said that the statement "the storm is crazy" = ableist, has no problems using the term "delusional"

ITS OK WHEN WE DO IT
The mental retardation on display at Patheos: Atheism Channel is proof that 'Movement Atheism, in the US & probably UK at least, has failed utterly and is little more now than a joke.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
First time I heard it, I was more reminded of the movie Hard Candy (which I happen to love).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote: First time I heard it, I was more reminded of the movie Hard Candy (which I happen to love).
Love it, too -- it's a bit of a favorite here at the 'Pit. Seemingly impossible, as we're all rape apologists.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
First time I heard it, I was more reminded of the movie Hard Candy (which I happen to love).
I first though of this:
[youtube]vewBQkBKm5M[/youtube]

After all, Im sure that Candy got crushed.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Candy Crush™ sounds like the name of a porn star. QED.
[youtube]bvK1F6bUrzU[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc's on a fucking roll:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/free ... 2414655329

:clap:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

[youtube]lUeuAnMNDhA[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Just seen Star Wars TFA. The verdict: pretty damn good, but with some flaws.

(what follows is pretty spoiler-free. Fuck the wanky spoiler brigade - you'll get the best out of this film if you see it largely...umm, unspoiled, I guess)

The good: the performances. The best acted SW I've ever seen, and that includes the original trilogy. The young cast - John Boyega, Daisy Ridley & Adam Driver - really do give it some welly. Couldn't help but root for Boyega's Finn, a real underdog and someone highly relatable, especially if you've ever been stuck in a really shitty job. One of the standout moments for me was Dom Gleeson's General Hux; for the most part he has little to do except bark orders, but when his moment came - giving a speech to his assembled troops just prior to a demonstration of the superweapon mcguffin - he imbued it with such barely supressed fanaticism I genuinelly got the impression that the First Order weren't just fucking around. Anyways, full marks to all for getting the perfomances bang-on - arguably the most important thing after the lame roboticism of the prequel trilogy (with the honorable exception of McDiamuid's Palpatine). Which is kinda funny really, as even the new droid BB-8 acts better than most of the cast of the PT.

The lame: Okay, so we know it's basically a repackaging of the the original Star Wars, but we could at least expect a little creativity, right? Well, no. Inspiration seems to have both started and stopped at 'let's just make this shit bigger.' New super-weapon mcguffin is basically a bigger Death Star which can destroy more planets. New behind-the-scenes-bad-guy Snoke is basically Palpatine/Sidious - but bigger. New Darth Vader Kylo Ren is...well, in appearance at least, just a taller DV (though with a great deal more character development and an amazing performance from Adam Driver, it has to be said). Hux is a taller, albeit younger, Moff Tarkin. You get the picture.

And yet, despite all this new-fangled bigness, there's something almost pedestrian about how the goodies take on the superweapon mcguffin. In the original SW, there was a real sense of crisis about the emergence of the Death Star - that this thing needed to be destroyed no matter what the cost. But with our super-dooper Starkiller base weapon, which can wipe out entire star systems - well, the assault on it seems like no big deal. 'Hmmm, better go destroy this thing I guess.' Then again, maybe it just felt small next to the human drama, which was fuckin great, driven as it was by those excellent perfomances. And that's the most important thing.

So an all round hearty recommend. In terms of quality: roughly in A New Hope/Return of The Jedi territory. Not as good as Empire, but better than all the prequels (I don't have a massive downer on the prequels, and can enjoy them for the spectacle. But much of the acting sucks goats, to the point where it was difficult to care that much about the characters.) It really does come down to the strength of the performances, though. Had they been of the PT quality, this would have been the worst Star Wars of them all, thanks to the uninspired repackaging of the franchise and no real sense of urgency in tackling the big bad.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

deLurch wrote:
When Universities punish people for stuff... is it because the racist sexist homophobic capitalist patriarchy universities are oppressing people, or because the university is good and is punishing badness?

I'm starting a new KKK chapter, but we're only lynching-up against gamers, that race-traitor Maryam Namazie, france, nobel prize winners and nasa scientists, TERFS, meat eaters, cultural appropriators, Wal-Mart, Sam Harris, Bernie Sanders, Colonel Sanders, universities, stand-up comedians, and republican niggers.

http://i.imgur.com/88bgBT7.jpg?1

We're gonna dress like fuccboiz, but with the pointy kkk hijibjab on top. And poop swastika.
http://i.imgur.com/btCGemG.jpg
And Kanye.
http://i.imgur.com/ZJvHILF.jpg

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

Tony Parsehole wrote: Today's Challenge Wank is brought to you by Shatterface.
Rutger Hauer's really let himself go.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Eeeewwwww... EEEEWWWWWW! Gumby... just EEEWWWWWW!!

:lol: Well done, bud :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote:
Gumby wrote:[.img]http://i.imgur.com/9hbXbnM.jpg[/img]
Eeeewwwww... EEEEWWWWWW! Gumby... just EEEWWWWWW!!

:lol: Well done, bud :lol:
Thanks! (And thanks to everybody for their pats on the back!)

For some reason this one just pieced together without any of the usual problems I have. I guess Stefonknoolie was just meant to be :)

I was even master of the ever-delicate Curves control (for when I was matching skin tones), which has always eluded me.

But really, I need to upgrade to GIMP at some point. I feel like the smartest kid in kindergarten using Paint.NET.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

twocunts wrote:
I was thinking more of Rob Halford.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

twocunts wrote:
[youtube]wRxHYHPzs7s[/youtube]

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Shatterface wrote:
deLurch wrote:
It would take a troll of Elfwick ingenuity to pull that off.
We're getting closer...

"#WeAreAllMuslim: Director Michael Moore Begins Campaign by Holding Sign in Front of Trump Tower
Moore posted a photo to social media showing himself with a "We Are All Muslim" sign in front of the New York building. He also wrote a letter to Donald Trump criticizing his comments about Muslims."

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/wearea ... 4312026438

If you aren't embracing all things muslim you aren't a hip, with-it leftie anymore. Wanna send the right signals while sticking it to those nasty right-wingers? Stand in solidarity with 7th century conservative values. 'Cause fuck Trump.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

RE: Christian terrorism deflection,

Aside from abrogation (which doesn't cut the right way most of the time), what theological device does Islam have to let muslims ignore the horrible scriptures terrorists are acting on? From my limited understanding, they have more anti-outsider passages & less theological devices to help them navigate around the inconvenient stuff.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Easy J wrote:RE: Christian terrorism deflection,

Aside from abrogation (which doesn't cut the right way most of the time), what theological device does Islam have to let muslims ignore the horrible scriptures terrorists are acting on? From my limited understanding, they have more anti-outsider passages & less theological devices to help them navigate around the inconvenient stuff.
It's hate all the way down, J. The passages of 'compassion' & 'peace' only refer to how fellow moslems ought treat each other within the House of Submission. If you're an infidel in the House of War, well fuck you into the ground with a rusty scimitar.

ffs

Post by ffs »

[youtube]9gEfAQFgrpM[/youtube]

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

The 'affluenza' kid is in the news again, apparently on the run because he violated probation.

Is he the 'King Arthur berry dick' kid, all grown up?

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/wpgo/ ... -couch.jpg

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/King+a ... 631610.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It's my shitstorm, and I'll gloat if I want to, gloat if I want to. You'd gloat, too, if the SJWs were this fucking retarded for you.
[/Leslie Gore]

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/free ... 2415101798

ffs

Post by ffs »

[youtube]6ISHMSDDp2I[/youtube]
are educashunned youf

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Easy J wrote:RE: Christian terrorism deflection,

It's hate all the way down, J. The passages of 'compassion' & 'peace' only refer to how fellow moslems ought treat each other within the House of Submission. If you're an infidel in the House of War, well fuck you into the ground with a rusty scimitar.
That's not totally fair, there is also much wisdom about how to bring about a just society:
Sahih Bukhari Volume 008, Book 082, Hadith Number 794.
Narrated By Anas : Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:It's my shitstorm, and I'll gloat if I want to, gloat if I want to. You'd gloat, too, if the SJWs were this fucking retarded for you.
[/Leslie Gore]

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/free ... 2415101798
The_Wretched is real cute.

I once linked an article, written for the layman (omg misogyny), which he outright dismissed, because it wasn't pure, hard science. Yeah. The language was too vivid, or something, and he's a real serious science-man, see.

And in a cringeworthy conversation that he had with Charleigh Kimber, he bragged about how he is int BDSM, and that he used to relieve his sadistic impulses by doing karate or something, but now he just goes to BDSM clubs.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Nobel laureate at centre of female scientists row to leave UK for Japan
Tim Hunt, who made comments about female students falling for male superiors earlier this year, is moving due to professor wife’s new appointment
He is moving because his wife, Professor Mary Collins, a prominent immunologist, also at UCL, has accepted a position at an academic institution in Japan. The Guardian understands that she applied for the five-year post before the row over her husband’s remarks.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... -for-japan

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ffs wrote:[youtube]6ISHMSDDp2I[/youtube]
are educashunned youf
Well, I must say it was good of the chap on the right to do his bit for feminism. Bravo, Sir.