Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by KiwiInOz »

You go where the muse takes you.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hemant makes a sloppy vid based on an even sloppier guest post on dating the gospels. I lend a helping hand by providing some actual info:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2410464764

Seriously - I research this shit in my spare time. This is supposed to be Hemant's day job.
My high school sacred studies class did a better job covering this stuff.

I think the whole 2000 versus 1600 or whatever number of years is picking nits, but if you're going to nitpick your own facts need to be unassailable down to the last detail.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Pitchguest wrote:Okay, I'm logged in now. Forgot my password before.

Anyway.

I'll be blunt. This news hit me hard. It hit me hard when I first heard he had cancer, but I thought at least another ten years. Two years if he's lucky... god. I don't know how to cope. The worst thing is I don't have anything else to focus on. I don't have a family of my own. I don't have kids, a wife, girlfriend, that sort of thing. I'm unemployed (I've searched hundreds of jobs, no one wants a college dropout, this despite the fact I've embellished it seeing as I've barely worked a day in my life), I live at home with my parents still (which makes it all the more painful), I get welfare but not much (which is better than nothing, granted, but most of it goes to rent and the rest to support my dad who unfortunately when he was young got screwed over gambling and has been millions in debt ever since); what am I supposed to do? I feel pathetic, I feel like I've let him down.

He's been my rock for 27 years. He's kept me sane. He's insanely cunning and knows all kinds of things. He's an experienced carpenter, electrician, musician, most things I know I learned from him (and I would have learned so much more if I hadn't been so damned stubborn), and soon he'll be just... gone. I spent the last few hours just staring blankly. I am not coping well with this at all. Fuck. Fucking cancer. Fucking disease. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

Fuck.

Sorry all.
There is no point saying how much this sucks.

My father died when I was 16 after a 3 year battle with kidney disease. But I wasn't self aware enough to know or admit he was actually dying. There are so many questions I want to ask him but can't. So learn from me and ask everything you can. It is easy to video stuff nowadays too.

I am so sorry for you and your family

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BoxNDox wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hemant makes a sloppy vid based on an even sloppier guest post on dating the gospels. I lend a helping hand by providing some actual info:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 2410464764

Seriously - I research this shit in my spare time. This is supposed to be Hemant's day job.
My high school sacred studies class did a better job covering this stuff.
LOL. My sunday school did a better at deconstructing the gospels. (For whatever reason, all the instructors had hard-ons for John.)
I think the whole 2000 versus 1600 or whatever number of years is picking nits, but if you're going to nitpick your own facts need to be unassailable down to the last detail.

What the hell is wrong with these people?
The 'not 2,000 years old' snipe would've been a fine lead-in, had it actually led to anything much.

I think this younger generation, after everyone getting a prize for just showing up, don't even understand the concept of doing a thorough job.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Michael J wrote:
Sunder wrote:All unisex seems like a better option than the increasingly common "one restroom for women, one restroom for families/unisex/other."

It'll get loads of women making noise who might not necessarily be on board with feminist insistence that they share a restroom with Danielle and Stefonknee.
I always thought it would be men's toilets and unisex as the Men's toilets have urinals where we expose our rude bits compared with female toilets where everone has a private cubicle. The urinals make sense as it can pack in more men and turnover is quicker. In a sensible world you would have a room for urinals and a unisex room for the cubicles.
At ballparks, they used to have a 40' long piss trough. At the Hofbräuhaus in Munich, there's just a tiled wall.
I've been to bars in Africa where the urinals are out in the bar and there are only toilets in the restroom.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

More on South African bleeding-heart white lady...

12. Is her current political stance an artifact of her being safely 'above' blacks-- except during home invasions? If-- every time she went to the market, the gas station, her workplace, the low income medical clinic, rode the local bus, walked home at night... she was exposed to anti-social behavior by poor blacks... could she afford to emphasize abstract nuances of white guilt... over practical survival concerns & a streetwise mentality?

13. Doesn't her generic emphasis on 'whiteness' erase South Africa's specific dirty history? Maybe Polish and Canadian whites shouldn't be painted with the same broad brush as her genocidal grandparents. Maybe the "arrogance of whiteness" she decries doesn't exist in every white population.

14. How-eggzackly did Apartheid force the attackers to rape children? It's reminiscent of 'Soul On Ice' by Black Panther serial rapist Eldridge Cleaver, who claimed he raped white women as a revolutionary response to racism. And was lionized by white progressives. His white liberal defense attorney started fucking him during their prison meetings. Then it was revealed he 'practiced' by raping black women.

15. Did white racist boss ladies give their servants backrubs between tongue-lashings? Whitelady seems to assert that she spoke to the murderrape/victimservants in the style of a tyrant. But she also takes credit for being intimate & tender. It's unclear whether these were contradictory behaviors, or whether the 'nice' bits were a boss lady giving treats to her humans, treating them like animals. Mindfucking someone by switching between cruelty and apparent kindness-- is a tactic employed by hideous abusers. What is this evil woman confessing to? Can we trust the contrite tears she sheds afterward, or is this another sociopathic scam?

16. Are racist overlords the only ones who use a firm, declamatory "No!" to assert boundaries? Is everyone forbidden to speak decisively because racists overlords did? If speaking like a schoolmarm, dog trainer, or dominatrix prevents murder and child rape... is it bad? Is there truly no difference between taking a stern verbal stand against actual, realtime rape, murder, & savagery... vs. using a sharp verbal style to exert white power for grand (& petty) personal gain during an immoral racist regime?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@Matt

They already covered the 2.000 year thingie
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -old-book/

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Why do Elon Musk's fantasy space colonization ramblings make Peez' blood boil? Cuz it makes him realize that there's no way he's gonna be picked to go on the trip and get to propagate a new human race.
when-worlds-collide-passengers.png
When_Worlds_Collide_(1951)_trailer_1.jpg
The thought of other men hoarding women drives Peez mad. Wonder why?
Well if you were going for colonization, it might make sense to send an all woman crew of child birthing years, with a supply of properly shielded embryos. What is the rule of thumb? You need a population of 2,000 individuals to avoid extinction?

Woman for gestation and birthing is just one function that you cannot replace with a machine.

-Soylent f98

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: At ballparks, they used to have a 40' long piss trough. At the Hofbräuhaus in Munich, there's just a tiled wall.
[youtube]M7w24-J9aWA[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:In case anyone thinks CFI's jettisoning of Melody Hensley heralds a programme of shaking off the SJW dead wood, think again. Brian Engler has been appointed to CFI's baord of directors.

So who's Brian Engler, you ask?
The evidence requires us to answer:

A cunt.

http://i.imgur.com/HlJ1wl0.jpg

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:In case anyone thinks CFI's jettisoning of Melody Hensley heralds a programme of shaking off the SJW dead wood, think again. Brian Engler has been appointed to CFI's baord of directors.

So who's Brian Engler, you ask?
The evidence requires us to answer:

A cunt.

http://i.imgur.com/HlJ1wl0.jpg
At least Mr. Diety isn't a braindead SJW fucknut.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

BrianE probably didn't have his glasses on when he made that grab.

He may want to review the SJ cred of Benson as well.

These two really spoil his obvious 'type'.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Engler is also a prolific taker of photos at skeptical events. No word on whether he uses a monopod.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ebMIRmN.jpg
Way to shower on my parade.
http://i.imgur.com/Upkfkti.jpg

katamari Damassi

Wmdkitty-the idiot who repeatedly doxxed Skeptickle at the Friendly Atheist until Hemant threatened to ban her is calling for FA guest blogger Terry Firma to be removed. I'm hoping they've finally had enough of her bullshit and ban her. I'm sure she'd show up somewhere else at patheos ironically and with zero self awareness crying over her freeze peach.

katamari Damassi

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

SD:
#7. I saw 2 news articles but didn't see her check her privilege over her grooms taking the beating while she and her daughter were spared. Hopefully she was sufficiently grateful and compensated them, after all aren't they the real victims here?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ebMIRmN.jpg
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61189362.jpg

Here, have a golden shower tree.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images ... y-deal.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I like Terry Firma. He is anti-sjw.

And wmdkitty was banned from Love Joy Feminism for abusive, bullying behaviour.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

She also opooses ivf and thinks that people should have to pass some sort of competency test before they can be permitted to reproduce.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

katamari Damassi wrote:Shit! Forgot link. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... t-muslims/
That was a dismal read. I'm glad they haven't banned WMDKitty yet. She is the perfect voice to illustrate the complete batshit insanity of the SJW.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Somebody made a Jenneke cartoon gif!!!!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/6118936mg]

Here, have a golden shower tree.

[img]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images ... -mary-deag]
I just GI searched for "distended bladder". And now I don't even remember why. Fuck you, That Anteater Guy, you make me forget all of life's important stuff. :x

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Dr another lurker, would you happen to have a tincture or tonic that could restore ConcentratedH20, OM's focus on life's important stuff? I'm afraid that he's losing it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ed Brayton, who left FTB because Peez had become too toxic:

Things That Make Me Ashamed to Be an American
Gautama Brayton wrote:… Predictably, incredibly bigoted and stupid assholes came crawling out from under their rock to rage….

.. Arrested under what law, you fucking moron? ....

... These are just racist, bigoted assholes venting their racist, bigoted assholery on the world. I genuinely hate these people. I mean seriously hate them with the fire of a thousand suns and I have no desire whatsoever to understand them or coddle them or try to be nice about it. Fuck each and every one of them, they are everything that I despise in this world.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:She also opooses ivf and thinks that people should have to pass some sort of competency test before they can be permitted to reproduce.
Bummer that wasn't implemented in time to affect her parents.

WMD keeps liking my comments, which is a hoot.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

17⅜. I dozed-off. Woke twisted in my clothes, a sticky yogurt spoon against my face, confused. Wasn't sure if South-African-white-guilt-lady was a weird dream.

18. What does she propose as an alternative to her behavior on that day? Remain passive & silent/ get raped/ forgive attackes & offer them a 2nd chance?

19. She's an attorney! Maybe a judge, someday!

20. Her twitter photos mostly concern a white ventriloquist with a colored dummy, who challenges his white privilege. There was some sort of lawsuit, the dummy was lost on Air France, and now the dummy is TRANS-RACIAL, identifying as white! Not sure I'm actually awake.

[youtube]il84JgpkM8Y[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Elyse is back from a week in the psych hospital. fb friend offers *tacklehugs*.
Have these people learned nothing? She has called the rape cops for less.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Ed Brayton, who left FTB because Peez had become too toxic:

Things That Make Me Ashamed to Be an American
Gautama Brayton wrote:… Predictably, incredibly bigoted and stupid assholes came crawling out from under their rock to rage….

.. Arrested under what law, you fucking moron? ....

... These are just racist, bigoted assholes venting their racist, bigoted assholery on the world. I genuinely hate these people. I mean seriously hate them with the fire of a thousand suns and I have no desire whatsoever to understand them or coddle them or try to be nice about it. Fuck each and every one of them, they are everything that I despise in this world.
Speaking of toxic and importing that to Patheos, looks like his spleen is still getting the better of his brain. My recent comment there follows, although it may not last long given the "terms of endearment" he directed my way on his departure from FTB:
Steersman wrote:Definitely some bigoted assholes out there. However, one might wonder exactly why you seem to be giving a get-out-of-jail free card to those basing their morality on a rather barbaric "holy book" [ha], i.e. the Quran. You might wish to take a gander at a recent post from Ed Suominen titled "Why I'm an Islamophobe". While one might suggest that he should have added some scare quotes around "Islamophobe", you might also note that Jerry Coyne recently profiled and supported the post. A salient portion from Suominen's post:
Philosopher David Hume (1711-1776) was even less charitable, calling [the Quran] a "wild and absurd performance. Let us attend to his [Muhammad’s] narration; and we shall soon find that he bestows praise on such in­stances of treachery, in­human­ity, cruelty, revenge, and big­otry as are utterly incompatible with civilized society. No steady rule of right seems there to be attended to; and every action is blamed or praised, so far only as it is beneficial or hurtful to the true believers."
That's who and what you are more or less condoning.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:A video on some of the PEW numbers follows. First some sources:

From Twitter:
[.tweet][/tweet]

Facebook Link:

The video:

[.youtube]pSPvnFDDQHk[/youtube]
Kind of a brief FB post from Nawaz but this needs emphasizing:
There is a *significant enough* problem with Muslims today. We urgently need total reform.
Indeed.

And the video looks like it might be worth watching - had run across it the other day but hadn't had enough time to do more than bookmark it. But now that Nawaz has touted it there seems even more reason to do so.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Nominations needed for "SJW Cunt of the Year" poll.

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

After thinking about it for a long time, yesterday we've decided to give Sherlock a chance and watched the pilot. That shit is fucking brilliant.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

I wanna be sedated...

:auto-ambulance: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I disrespectfully disagree Phil

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

rayshul wrote:I disrespectfully disagree Phil
In my defense, I'm in a sort of Holmes mood lately, having watched Mr Holmes and considering re-watching the R. Downey Jr movies. So I might have a slight bias.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
In my defense, I'm in a sort of Holmes mood lately, having watched Mr Holmes and considering re-watching the R. Downey Jr movies. So I might have a slight bias.
The version with Cumberbatch and Freeman, or the silly US version? If the former, then yeah, I agree with you and double down on disreputably disagreeing with rayshul.

I'm currently watching Jessica Jones - interesting and sort of noir, but not as good as Orphan Black, IMHO.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
My family and I stayed in tne "Mr Holmes" house during a trip to UK in 2010. It's just outside Rye (Winchelsea).

Got half way thru the movie and was hit by a sudden WTF?

They still have the same 1995 era website I thought was so quaint 5 years ago!
http://www.wickhammanor.plus.com

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

KiwiInOz wrote:
The version with Cumberbatch and Freeman, or the silly US version? If the former, then yeah, I agree with you and double down on disreputably disagreeing with rayshul.

I'm currently watching Jessica Jones - interesting and sort of noir, but not as good as Orphan Black, IMHO.
Oh, I didn't even know there was a US version. No, the one with Smaug and Bilbo, of course.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

That house in Mr Holmes is just gorgeous. Kind of our dream house, really.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:That house in Mr Holmes is just gorgeous. Kind of our dream house, really.
The countryside really is nice, the house is and garden is great. No bees though.

We had the top floor "suite" which was perfect for 4. I will post a couple of pics.

I love the Rye area, close to Canterbury, close to 1066 country and winnie the pooh country.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Oh, I didn't even know there was a US version. No, the one with Smaug and Bilbo, of course.
No spoilers, but Mycroft saying "I hope you've learnt your lesson" in one of the three series (not telling which, when or where) cracked me up.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

There's no US version of Sherlock.

There's Elementary, which is an entirely different series.

Updating Sherlock Holmes to the 'present' goes back at least as far as the Basil Rathbone series.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

There's no US version of Sherlock.

There's Elementary, which is an entirely different series.

Updating Sherlock Holmes to the 'present' goes back at least as far as the Basil Rathbone series.
Mere detail.

Meh show.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

We've started watching the show because of the aforementioned renewal of interest in the character, but also (mostly) because of the cast. That it is set in modern England was of almost no consequence in our decision (though we've been stung before with the horribly shitty Bates Motel show).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:We've started watching the show because of the aforementioned renewal of interest in the character, but also (mostly) because of the cast. That it is set in modern England was of almost no consequence in our decision (though we've been stung before with the horribly shitty Bates Motel show).
The Christmas special for this year, with the same cast, is set in Victorian times.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

KiwiInOz wrote:Mere detail.

Meh show.
Never trust to general impressions, my boy, but concentrate yourself upon details.

They're very different shows.

Sherlock is about supervillains, Elementary is about crime. They're no more alike than Guy Richie's Sherlock Holmes and Mr Holmes

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Latest v. cool Mensching on Hunt.

Wow.
It amounts to a conspiracy by unscrupulous people to ruin a man's reputation in service to a political agenda. And they've essentially gotten away with it without serious repercussion, so far. To credulous SJWs, he is and always will be a horrible sexist, no matter the evidence. Easier to change lead into gold than a SJW's mind once made up.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Hunt wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Latest v. cool Mensching on Hunt.

Wow.
It amounts to a conspiracy by unscrupulous people to ruin a man's reputation in service to a political agenda. And they've essentially gotten away with it without serious repercussion, so far. To credulous SJWs, he is and always will be a horrible sexist, no matter the evidence. Easier to change lead into gold than a SJW's mind once made up.
The "so far" element is starting to get a beating. Between this and Matt Taylor, there's already a wealth of bullshit to throw back at them fuckers. MSM will not follow, because clicks are vital to them, but the general public seems to be less and less accepting of the SJW extreme bullshit.

The fuckfest is practically over in the A/S community, doesn't seem to go anywhere in gaming, and is quickly losing hold in other areas. If it's defeated by next year, it will have been a thankfully short stint for the perpetually offended. I mean, at some point, they have to leave college and start confronting the real world, yes?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tonight's background music
[youtube]YsiSseplhLk[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Here, try this instead:

[youtube]59xYAKjCnIo[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

huh, that was not the top-of-page I was expecting...

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:I never had any hope for CFI. They dumped Hensley because a drinking bird toy next to a keyboard could get more work done than her and burning cash in a barrel to keep the homeless warm in the winter would be a better investment than her salary.
That was graphical :-) And of course, it's on YT:

[youtube]iapECJKx4k0[/youtube]

Keating

Post by Keating »

Shatterface wrote:

Meh show.
Never trust to general impressions, my boy, but concentrate yourself upon details.

Sherlock is about supervillains, Elementary is about crime. They're no more alike than Guy Richie's Sherlock Holmes and Mr Holmes
House was obviously a Holmes take too. My mum loves police procedurals. I wasn't such a fan of Elementary. I did think Mr Holmes was a very British, very charming movie.

feathers

Post by feathers »

another lurker wrote:She also opooses ivf and thinks that people should have to pass some sort of competency test before they can be permitted to reproduce.
Now there she may have a point. And a test before they're allowed to vote.

jg64

Post by jg64 »

Pitchguest wrote:Okay, I'm logged in now. Forgot my password before.

Anyway.

I'll be blunt. This news hit me hard. It hit me hard when I first heard he had cancer, but I thought at least another ten years. Two years if he's lucky... god. I don't know how to cope. The worst thing is I don't have anything else to focus on. I don't have a family of my own. I don't have kids, a wife, girlfriend, that sort of thing. I'm unemployed (I've searched hundreds of jobs, no one wants a college dropout, this despite the fact I've embellished it seeing as I've barely worked a day in my life), I live at home with my parents still (which makes it all the more painful), I get welfare but not much (which is better than nothing, granted, but most of it goes to rent and the rest to support my dad who unfortunately when he was young got screwed over gambling and has been millions in debt ever since); what am I supposed to do? I feel pathetic, I feel like I've let him down.

He's been my rock for 27 years. He's kept me sane. He's insanely cunning and knows all kinds of things. He's an experienced carpenter, electrician, musician, most things I know I learned from him (and I would have learned so much more if I hadn't been so damned stubborn), and soon he'll be just... gone. I spent the last few hours just staring blankly. I am not coping well with this at all. Fuck. Fucking cancer. Fucking disease. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

Fuck.

Sorry all.
So sorry to hear this Pitch. There has been some excellent advice offered here and I'd add that if you want to ask or tell your dad anything, I'd do it before any strong pain meds might be needed, as it becomes next to impossible afterwards. Thinking of you, take care, hon.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

Meh show.

House was obviously a Holmes take too. My mum loves police procedurals. I wasn't such a fan of Elementary. I did think Mr Holmes was a very British, very charming movie.
I hadn't thought that about House, but it does fit. And as for not seeing details, I've only just seen your location. Bastard. :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

House is an obvious reference to Holmes, with Wilson standing in for Watson. It's the whole premise of the show. IMDB says so.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Here, try this instead:

[youtube]59xYAKjCnIo[/youtube]
Le N°1

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

this