Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by fuzzy »

Oglebart wrote:Will all those hospital visits have to be paid for? Even just in the interim? Because I thought they were skint?
As always, the US health care system is a patchwork, but parts of that quilt can include Medicaid picking up all such expenses bing-bang-boom in means-tested family situations.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oglebart wrote:Will all those hospital visits have to be paid for? Even just in the interim? Because I thought they were skint?
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/171662/file ... 050613.jpg

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Just to be pedantic, I've always found it funny that in a world where the majority of government spending is financed by auctioning off treasury certificates that people still speak of "my tax dollars."

I've always especially disliked liberals using this meme because it perpetuates and validates it so that they have no defense against conservatives using it.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Parody Accountant wrote:I believe Aneris might have me on ignore, because I used to quote someone she had on ignore.

I really like his/her stuff, but I guess you can't win em all
I don't have you on ignore, and typically use it only temporarily anyway. I also use it almost exclusively to ignore garbage posts, and obvious troll is obvious. The few who are on my list more permanently are rare or ex-posters, and from all I know ignored by many. I love the diversity on the Pit, often great comments or just “atmosphere” that comes from all the comments mixed and juxtaposed. Whether its your punk rock suggestions, wrestling gifs, random comments and all that, too. I mostly just don't point it out because it would create the impression I value one person much more than the other, when I like what everyone has — in their own ways — bring to the table.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

I have everyone on ignore.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

dog puke wrote:I have everyone on ignore.
Well, I can hardly blame you... you are the only poster on the Pit worth reading.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:I believe Aneris might have me on ignore, because I used to quote someone she had on ignore.

I really like his/her stuff, but I guess you can't win em all
I don't have you on ignore, and typically use it only temporarily anyway. I also use it almost exclusively to ignore garbage posts, and obvious troll is obvious. The few who are on my list more permanently are rare or ex-posters, and from all I know ignored by many. I love the diversity on the Pit, often great comments or just “atmosphere” that comes from all the comments mixed and juxtaposed. Whether its your punk rock suggestions, wrestling gifs, random comments and all that, too. I mostly just don't point it out because it would create the impression I value one person much more than the other, when I like what everyone has — in their own ways — bring to the table.
Yes, I quite agree, particularly about the "atmosphere" - somewhat rarefied, and periodically mephitic, but mostly illuminating. And about what everyone brings to the table: Aneris for Pit President! ;-)

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

dog puke wrote:
Well, I can hardly blame you... you are the only poster on the Pit worth reading.
Totally. Fuck the shitposters - fuck them into the ground.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

dog puke wrote:
:lol: :clap: Solipsism & narcissim for the win!

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Aneris wrote:I don't have you on ignore, and typically use it only temporarily anyway. I also use it almost exclusively to ignore garbage posts, and obvious troll is obvious.
test tap tap test

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:lol: There goes Carrier's credibility as a debunker of Christianity.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

dog puke wrote:
We need to do another music thing. Should I start, or will you go ahead this time around?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

When did we do a musical?

?

The Hills Are Alive, With the Sound of Lsuoma?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:What you said:
Tribble wrote:I was for HRC because I knew enough about Obama to realize that every time he had ever had to take a tough stand, he made a pretty speech and then sold out his constituents. He was one of the most gutless legislators and Senators I've ever seen.
What many people (still...after 7 years of this shit) heard:
I hate niggers.
Is there a formal term for the logical fallacy where criticism against a an individual who happens to belong to a certain is misread as criticism of all members of that group?

ex.: "I'm gonna shoot you, you wascally wabbit!" is misread as, 'All rabbits are rascals, and should be shot.'
If there isn't then "we" need to create one as it certainly seems to one that has a great deal of currency. But, offhand, it seems that there are a couple that might qualify (complete list):
The fallacy of composition arises when one infers that something is true of the whole from the fact that it is true of some part of the whole (or even of every proper part). For example: "This fragment of metal cannot be fractured with a hammer, therefore the machine of which it is a part cannot be fractured with a hammer." This is clearly fallacious, because many machines can be broken apart, without any of those parts being able to be fractured.

This fallacy is often confused with the fallacy of hasty generalization, in which an unwarranted inference is made from a statement about a sample to a statement about the population from which it is drawn.
But I've frequently argued that it's a case of tarring a whole population with a brush generally applicable only to individuals or a narrow subset within it - which certainly seems consistent with the latter fallacy. And which seems an essential element in my "nigger-cunt hypothesis" - which I've been elaborating on in some detail in a recent post of Ashley Miller's ... ;-)

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Gumby wrote:
Cnutella wrote:Why cavewoman not like nice guys? Why put PZ in Friendzone?
https://www.slimgr.com/images/2015/10/1 ... 8e3ecb.jpg

h/t: Jan Steen

Haha, that is awesome. He was wise not to go for a blue-haired Venus of Willendorf look.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

WaxNapoleon wrote:
Really? wrote:
One of the things that pisses me off so much about Melody is that I have problems that are far worse than hers. (Though not as bad as Phil's or as bad as those of many, many people. Soldiers with PTSD are far higher above me on the list of those who have problems.)
I hear that. I could be collecting a sweet disability check if I wanted it. Instead, I run a bunch of social media stuff for small businesses and sell shit on zazzle to barely scrape by, and I mean barely. I also run a little blog focused on human rights issues in the forgotten world that's attracted the attention of a few major international newsmakers (including a nobel peace prize nominee and some dude named Julio Fromage, or something), so much so that I can't fucking even believe it. For fuck's sake, I was at the UN last month. This is not a humble brag. I, seriously, never imagined a fuckwad such as myself (college dropout) could ever aspire to rub elbows with the kind of people I have the last few years. That's what pisses me off about the SJW shit I've seen going on, all these patreon lazybones getting paid for absolutely doing nothing in the name of social justice. I would kill for that kind of support. What's more, I know at least a dozen people who are really really really trying to make a positive difference in this world who could really benefit from even a couple hundred dollars a month. In truth, my physical ailments have gotten so bad I wish I could just give up all the bloggy shit I do, but I can't. I've shaken too many dozens of hands of people from the third world who already knew who I was cuz of my (stupid) blog, the kind of people who have lived under real oppressive regimes and have suffered real loss in their lives. I wish I could even tell you guys what blog I work on, but I can't for fear that some sjw wacko would dox the fuck out of me and shit on everything. That's how stupid our world has become. Indeed, that's why I spend so much time lurking here.
My spirit was called back from the grave to say,

Good on yah, Wax, for actually doing something.

As to the rest, the content on this forum has been shit lately since Service Dog started stalking Elise and Sasha. How many pages have been given over just to that? Cut it out. It makes this forum look cruel to bystanders and it's giving Elyse exactly what she craves: attention.

Back into the lurk pools I go...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/s ... hallen.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

deLurch wrote:Oh, as an added bonus. On the consent lecture we had in college. We where told that drunk woman could not consent. We asked what happens if both parties were drunk. Our lecturer told us "Well, I guess whoever reports it first is innocent." Clearly she had no understanding of the law. But she may have been correct in how the real world handles the situation.

Can you imagine the absurdity of this situation? Would it create a culture where after a drunken hookup/one night stand, the respective partners made a mad dash to the office to accuse the other person of rape to protect themselves?
Sadly, yes.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Sunder wrote:Just to be pedantic, I've always found it funny that in a world where the majority of government spending is financed by auctioning off treasury certificates that people still speak of "my tax dollars."

I've always especially disliked liberals using this meme because it perpetuates and validates it so that they have no defense against conservatives using it.
To be even more pedantic, neither tax dollars nor treasury certificates fund federal Government spending, when said Government operates a fiat currency. Modern Monetary Theory is rather interesting. Both taxation and spending are merely ledger entries, and a Government essentially spends money into existence.

Billie from Ockham

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sunder wrote:Just to be pedantic, I've always found it funny that in a world where the majority of government spending is financed by auctioning off treasury certificates that people still speak of "my tax dollars."

To be even more pedantic, neither tax dollars nor treasury certificates fund federal Government spending, when said Government operates a fiat currency. Modern Monetary Theory is rather interesting. Both taxation and spending are merely ledger entries, and a Government essentially spends money into existence.
And uf we had gone on the Silver Standard (instead of just bailing from the Gold Standard), the US would now be run by the Hunt Brothers, instead of the Kochs.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bloody French have just scored a try.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Mind you, now the All Blacks respond in kind.

Billie from Ockham

KiwiInOz wrote:Bloody French have just scored a try.
You're among friends. Feel free to say "bloody frogs." I don't think Phil will mind (and it might trigger a fascinating discussion of whether said use of "frogs" is inherently bigoted).

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

James Caruthers wrote: As to the rest, the content on this forum has been shit lately since Service Dog started stalking Elise and Sasha. How many pages have been given over just to that? Cut it out. It makes this forum look cruel to bystanders and it's giving Elyse exactly what she craves: attention.

Back into the lurk pools I go...
To be fair, we said mean things about Melody too.

You and the tiger should come back out for a ride every so often though. I'm happy to see you haven't left for good...

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
You're among friends. Feel free to say "bloody frogs." I don't think Phil will mind (and it might trigger a fascinating discussion of whether said use of "frogs" is inherently bigoted).
I'm trying to lift my game and not be so cruel.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I've never given MMT a fair shake mainly because I've yet to encounter a vocal proponent who wasn't a cross between Carrier-like self-aggrandizement and plain old tedious trolling (there was a particularly insufferable one who posted on Paul Krugman's blog every day for something like four years).

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hi JC. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Yes, too much Elyse and Pixlee. But, well, you know, the Pit's a truly open house, so anyone who doesn't like it can just ignore until the phase is over. :whistle:

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

screwtape wrote: It makes me entirely happy that at the end of November I am retiring and giving up my medical license. While I'm doing that out of a desire to have a little retirement before relapse, more chemo and the inevitable, I shall enjoy being able to speak freely without the constant presence of the College that never forgives, nor ever lets one be a normal human threatening my economic existence.
That sounds eminently sensible and I'm glad we'll be hearing from you more, as I have always enjoyed your writing. From what you had written previously, there wasn't much hope of an improved prognosis, but I hope you can wring many more months and years from your chess game.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I believe the reasons for Elyse's presence in the pit has been more than adequately covered by Service Dog and Parody Accountant. While I find it depressing and occasionally angering, I understand the rationale. James, you might do better to address what they said rather than accusing the pit of being stalkers. Especially as it really isn't stalking when somebody puts their life so prominently on display.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Bloody Carrier has tried to score. Is that the same thing?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Australian Skeptics National Convention 2015, this weekend: http://lanyrd.com/2015/auskepcon/

There seems to be an absence of certain "types" this year. :handgestures-thumbupright:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Sunder wrote:I've never given MMT a fair shake mainly because I've yet to encounter a vocal proponent who wasn't a cross between Carrier-like self-aggrandizement and plain old tedious trolling (there was a particularly insufferable one who posted on Paul Krugman's blog every day for something like four years).
Yeah, there seems to be a few zealots who pour scorn on the unwashed for not seeing the light, but the fundamentals seem sound to me (IANAEconomist).

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well this is the most racist thing I've read on my Facebook this morning.

"Sorry, but I'm white and know that no POC has the social power to use white racial slurs etc to harm me the way we (collectively) can use slurs to harm POC. Insecure idiots is all they are if they think an oppressed minority can call them funny words and hurt their feelies."

I don't think I could get a KKK member to say something quite as awesome as "brown people are so useless only weak white people listen to them."

Guest_5655407f

Post by Guest_5655407f »

Skep tickle wrote:Australian Skeptics National Convention 2015, this weekend: lanyrd dot com/2015/auskepcon/

There seems to be an absence of certain "types" this year. :handgestures-thumbupright:
That's a great lineup. No one for Franc to assault by putting nasty things in their pockets.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I believe the reasons for Elyse's presence in the pit has been more than adequately covered by Service Dog and Parody Accountant. While I find it depressing and occasionally angering, I understand the rationale. James, you might do better to address what they said rather than accusing the pit of being stalkers. Especially as it really isn't stalking when somebody puts their life so prominently on display.
CFB: You need to educate yourself and read the SJW dictionary.
stalking: ( staw' king) Reading stuff on the internet written by people that you don't particularly like or agree with
harassment: (haw rass' ment) Disagreeing with an SJW

Hi James. :)
Good thing Service Dog isn't an SJW or you would guilty of stalking and harassing him. :P

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Service Dog wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote: Stop it or you might get a pit art master tag and then you will be take for granted.
Aesthetically, I am the Pit's answer to fat-fingered Surly Amy, the hapless clod.

I am proud of my greatest bastarpiece...

http://i.imgur.com/0lTUHS4.jpg
Erm.. thanks as I have been around the pit long enough to still have nightmares after its first showing. :(

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Billie from Ockham

KiwiInOz wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
I'm trying to lift my game and not be so cruel.
I'm 99% sure that there's a backhand against in that. Fortunately, my accountant says that I'm part of the 1%.

James Caruthers

free thoughtpolice wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I believe the reasons for Elyse's presence in the pit has been more than adequately covered by Service Dog and Parody Accountant. While I find it depressing and occasionally angering, I understand the rationale. James, you might do better to address what they said rather than accusing the pit of being stalkers. Especially as it really isn't stalking when somebody puts their life so prominently on display.
CFB: You need to educate yourself and read the SJW dictionary.
stalking: ( staw' king) Reading stuff on the internet written by people that you don't particularly like or agree with
harassment: (haw rass' ment) Disagreeing with an SJW

Hi James. :)
Good thing Service Dog isn't an SJW or you would guilty of stalking and harassing him. :P
I was accused by Service Dog of stalking Davis, RooshV and others and bringing them up for no reason.

But it's super relevant to know every little detail Elyse posts on her facebook. It's critical to the cause of anti-SJW!

James Caruthers

John Greg wrote:Hi JC. :greetings-wavingyellow:

Yes, too much Elyse and Pixlee. But, well, you know, the Pit's a truly open house, so anyone who doesn't like it can just ignore until the phase is over. :whistle:
I tried, I really did.

But how many weeks has this been going on? It has become the #1 Pit topic imo. Slymepit? More like Elysepit.

And despite flimsy rationalizations, Elyse isn't some grand representative of "SJWs." She's a crazy bint with mental problems on a downward spiral that may end in suicide-murder. She's been openly disowned by other SJW representatives like Becky, and I think with the benefit of hindsight, we can understand why and give Watson her due for that. I find it hilarious someone would discount Davis Aurini as representative of a certain kind of MRA but argue Elyse is a super important example of the SJW mindset. :popcorn:

Yes, she's putting her life "on display." Because she wants the attention, and you are giving it to her and making yourselves look bad in the process. But at least she's posting it on her Facebook and not Skepchick or FTB. IE it's only public if you're stalking her facebook. If I did the same with a Pitperson and posted all their Facebook shit to FTB, I think the person and their friends might be a bit miffed at me, even if it was their own fault for posting it publicly.

We already know Elyse wants your attention, so you shouldn't give it. Fuck's sake, her job description is Freelance Professional Victim.

Billie from Ockham

You angry, bro?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Thanks Obama

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

When there's too much twatter or freakbook I scroll.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

James Caruthers wrote:

I tried, I really did.

But how many weeks has this been going on? It has become the #1 Pit topic imo. Slymepit? More like Elysepit.

And despite flimsy rationalizations, Elyse isn't some grand representative of "SJWs." She's a crazy bint with mental problems on a downward spiral that may end in suicide-murder. She's been openly disowned by other SJW representatives like Becky, and I think with the benefit of hindsight, we can understand why and give Watson her due for that. I find it hilarious someone would discount Davis Aurini as representative of a certain kind of MRA but argue Elyse is a super important example of the SJW mindset. :popcorn:

Yes, she's putting her life "on display." Because she wants the attention, and you are giving it to her and making yourselves look bad in the process. But at least she's posting it on her Facebook and not Skepchick or FTB. IE it's only public if you're stalking her facebook. If I did the same with a Pitperson and posted all their Facebook shit to FTB, I think the person and their friends might be a bit miffed at me, even if it was their own fault for posting it publicly.

We already know Elyse wants your attention, so you shouldn't give it. Fuck's sake, her job description is Freelance Professional Victim.
I'm also not really into knowing all about her activities, given that as JC says, "She's a crazy bint with mental problems on a downward spiral". I do find her husband and Pixlee fucking hilarious though.

Anyway, this is The Pit, not FfTB. No discussion rules and no bannings (shush. It's complicated.). Sometimes you need a scrolling finger like a black man's cock to get through all the stuff you're not interested in, and other times you scroll down line by line, reading every word. When it's boring, that probably means that atheism is healing from it invasion by all the cunts, which should make us happy.

Plus, it seems Ape has just delivered yet a-fucking-nother masterpiece with Elyse, which is as good a reason as any to keep it up.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

James Caruthers wrote: I was accused by Service Dog of stalking Davis, RooshV and others and bringing them up for no reason.
Stalking is a crime. It's also a crime which mainstream feminists such as NOW have deemed to be specifically gendered against women. I am opposed to false accusations of crimes, so I'd be quite the hypocrite if I had falsely accused Caruthers of any such thing. And I'd be the mirror image of feminists if I said he was stalking MRAs. Fortunately, Caruthers is merely shit-talking.

Some of Elyse's antics easily clear the bar of being noteworthy. Some stuff is grody but still noteworthy. Some was probably worth mentioning. A specific example doesn't leap to mind, but I'm sure it's true. Not Elyse related, but the Carrier-as-swastika pic I posted today was too lame. I shoulda just trashed it.

I would rather bicker with Caruthers to cast light on the nuances of our differences re: SJWs, feminism, etc.; than dwell on Elyse. But Caruthers hasn't been around. Which resembles the cliche of a stereotypical feminist reacts, when faced with a civil difference of opinion. So there. Take that! Booooooo. And: Boo!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Having looked twice at Ape's thing, that may not be Elyse. I dunno, all women look like toilets to me.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Lol @ Caruthers

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Holy shit! Caruthers, you're not going to take shit like that from that hobo Service Dog are you?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: I was accused by Service Dog of stalking Davis, RooshV and others and bringing them up for no reason.
Stalking is a crime. It's also a crime which mainstream feminists such as NOW have deemed to be specifically gendered against women. I am opposed to false accusations of crimes, so I'd be quite the hypocrite if I had falsely accused Caruthers of any such thing. And I'd be the mirror image of feminists if I said he was stalking MRAs. Fortunately, Caruthers is merely shit-talking.

Some of Elyse's antics easily clear the bar of being noteworthy. Some stuff is grody but still noteworthy. Some was probably worth mentioning. A specific example doesn't leap to mind, but I'm sure it's true. Not Elyse related, but the Carrier-as-swastika pic I posted today was too lame. I shoulda just trashed it.

I would rather bicker with Caruthers to cast light on the nuances of our differences re: SJWs, feminism, etc.; than dwell on Elyse. But Caruthers hasn't been around. Which resembles the cliche of a stereotypical feminist reacts, when faced with a civil difference of opinion. So there. Take that! Booooooo. And: Boo!
We really shouldn't talk about Elyse until hubby records her drowning the children in the bathtub while she cries and says how much she loves them and they're too beautiful for this world and deserve to start a revolution in heaven. By that time, Nancy Grace will devote weeks of airtime to Elyse and Brive will be one of the talking heads.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Ape+lust, you are truly inspiring. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Really? wrote:Nancy Grace will devote weeks of airtime to Elyse and Brive will be one of the talking heads.
Just think of the timelines Brive could put together with the resources of an entire network at his disposal. He'd have timelines divvied up into Planck lengths. He'd have timelines of his timelines, all in 16.7 million color, rotating, simulated holographic 3D. And be sitting in a pool of his own jizz while doing it.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/enisEolQXnw/hqdefault.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

For her birthday, Rebecca is gets to role-play as me:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

I tried, I really did.

<snip>

I'm also not really into knowing all about her activities, given that as JC says, "She's a crazy bint with mental problems on a downward spiral". I do find her husband and Pixlee fucking hilarious though.
Indeed. Certainly in a serious melt-down. But all a friend can say is, "ain't it a shame".
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Anyway, this is The Pit, not FfTB. No discussion rules and no bannings (shush. It's complicated.). Sometimes you need a scrolling finger like a black man's cock to get through all the stuff you're not interested in, and other times you scroll down line by line, reading every word. When it's boring, that probably means that atheism is healing from it invasion by all the cunts, which should make us happy. ....
:lol:
[youtube]AdSYhwLENvM[/youtube]

At least according to SJW dogma and canon, although one might argue that it's the other "races" which suffer by comparison ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ERV wrote:For her birthday, Rebecca is gets to role-play as me:
[.tweet][/tweet]
Probably the closest she'll get to real science. :-)

But are pandemics part of your day-to-day work? Can see how that might apply to Ebola and such, but I thought your focus was HIV.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tribble wrote:Good post. I never bought a house as an investment. I bought a house as a place I would live, pay-off and cut my old-age expenses to the bone so my retirement would be not be poverty stricken in case something happened to my investments, social security, my ability to earn an income, etc.

It is, for all intents and purposes, just a safety net.
As I said, the American environment is obviously very constrained compared to other places.

Per below.

Its hard to ignore a 26 year trend - thats almost a working life.

http://i.imgur.com/T2VgpjA.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Steersman wrote:
[.tweet][/tweet]

But are pandemics part of your day-to-day work? Can see how that might apply to Ebola and such, but I thought your focus was HIV.
HIV is a pandemic :) Ebola isn't.

Really?

Post by Really? »

That's a great point...so many of the SJWs are just doing cosplay.

Carrier dresses up as a peer-reviewed scholar and mathematician.

Watson goes to conventions pretending to be a scientist.

People like Melby and Zvan and Greta think they're doing the work of a Pinker or a Jered Diamond; they're at the level of a junior high school science fair.

And I stumbled upon this picture:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/b886e4fe1e6d ... 1_1280.jpg

So the genius cosplayer is ridiculing and inviting ridicule of people he doesn't feel face social stigmatization.

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

James Caruthers wrote: I tried, I really did.

Just chipping in to say that Hitler James Carruthers had the right idea. I really don't think the majority of the last month's Elyse posts have done much for the Pit's moral high ground.

Steerzo: AIDS is a global pandemic. The most significant, IMNEO, since the 1918 'Spanish' flu. You goddam nigger.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Tribble wrote:
deLurch wrote:Oh, as an added bonus. On the consent lecture we had in college. We where told that drunk woman could not consent. We asked what happens if both parties were drunk. Our lecturer told us "Well, I guess whoever reports it first is innocent." Clearly she had no understanding of the law. But she may have been correct in how the real world handles the situation.

Can you imagine the absurdity of this situation? Would it create a culture where after a drunken hookup/one night stand, the respective partners made a mad dash to the office to accuse the other person of rape to protect themselves?
Sadly, yes.
Isn't it time the Prisoner's Dilemma was updated to the Rapist's Dilemma?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ERV wrote:
Steersman wrote:
[.tweet][/tweet]

HIV is a pandemic :) Ebola isn't.
Ah, I stand corrected; I had assumed that the severity of the disease was central to the definition rather than its prevalence.

However, not to tell my grandmother how to suck eggs ( :-) a Ukranian colloquialism if I'm not mistaken), I note Wikipedia argues:
A widespread endemic disease that is stable in terms of how many people are getting sick from it is not a pandemic.
Although maybe it's still the case that the number of people getting sick from HIV is increasing all the time.