Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
justinvacula

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by justinvacula »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Technology giant Google, having conquered the Internet and the world around it, is taking on a new challenge: violent extremism.

The company, through its eight-month-old think tank, Google Ideas, is paying for 80 former Muslim extremists, neo-Nazis, U.S. gang members and other former radicals to gather in Dublin this weekend to explore how technology can play a role in de-radicalization efforts around the globe.
Dublin? Dublin?! Are they fucking insane?

Well, I can only hope that they googled "Dublin" and "elevator" before they chose the hotel.
[youtube]N0PEtO7gxwA[/youtube]

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

justinvacula wrote:
Well, I can only hope that they googled "Dublin" and "elevator" before they chose the hotel.
[youtube]N0PEtO7gxwA[/youtube][/quote]

You should add the Jaws "Shark" theme to that video.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Perfectly serious. And now I have no idea what your position is: do you have evidence for your original complaint, or were you just fishing? If you have expertise in the area, just come out and say it; as I said, I do not mind at all being shown to be wrong. You have me confused, Billie, just spell out your position (with evidence, per Nerd).
I'm being trolled by a fungus, aren't I? Well, that's a step up from a horse, I guess.

On the small chance that I'm not.... Nerd said that more than half of the expenses for a new drug goes to marketing. Someone raised a doubt about this. I happen to know that Nerd is roughly correct. End of story. Good night. If you want to continue this tomorrow, please be prepared to provide peer-reviewed evidence that you don't mind being shown that you're wrong and that I have you confused. Please be aware that only papers that report probabilities (as frequencies) to 17 decimal places will be considered acceptable.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

justinvacula wrote:[youtube]N0PEtO7gxwA[/youtube]
16 seconds of soul-shattering discomfort terror!

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

cnutella wrote:If posting Iron Pill makes Caruthers a nazi then dress me up in an SS uniform and call me Himmler
katamari Damassi wrote:FINALLY. I'll go put on my striped pajamas.
"And what are you in for? Jewish, is it?"

I don't think I'd make a very good dom as I'd probably say something along the lines of "it seems like you've been... quite naughty" and then I'd start laughing and the moment would be ruined.

Mind you, I hear that uniform brings out the best in people, so who knows? You know what they say: "you can't spell "Boss" without "SS".

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

ffs wrote:
Feh. If you're going to have Fry-as-a-Woman as your avatar, there's plenty of original source material from the show.

http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/t_full/v ... -woman.png

Or there's even Zoidberg, why not?

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2011 ... urama2.jpg

I know what you're all thinking, but no. That's mean.

Loose CK

Post by Loose CK »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Loose CK wrote:*massive snip*

The quote above is just for DTC (direct to customer) ads. That is just a small part of the marketing space. Sure you want customers to ask their doctors about your product but you really want the doctor to prescribe it. So you give out tons of samples, sponsor seminars, luncheons, and vacations for doctors. You have sales reps visit the doctors and take them out for a round of golf. This shit cost money.

What do you think that $14B in selling, informational and administrative expenses are?
From again from Pfizer's 2014:
Selling, informational and administrative costs are expensed as incurred. Among other things, these expenses include the internal and external costs of marketing, advertising, shipping and handling, information technology and legal defense.
Advertising expenses totaled approximately $3.1 billion in 2014
Now they don't breakout marketing but lets say it is $5b leaving $6b for shipping, IT and legal. That would make sales and marketing equal to r&d. Give me an argument those not not reasonable numbers.
Loose CK wrote:Here is the bottom line: out of the $49B people paid Pfizer for pharmaceuticals in 2014 36% went to the cost of producing the drugs and that year's R&D. Not a very efficient use of medical care dollars.
What do you think that $14B in selling, informational and administrative expenses are?
You tell me.
Here is the bottom line: out of the $49B people paid Pfizer for pharmaceuticals in 2014 36% went to the cost of producing the drugs and that year's R&D. Not a very efficient use of medical care dollars.
What does pharmaceutical companies' "efficient use" of money have to do with this discussion? Don't worry, I'm sure their shareholders are keeping tabs on that.
Well, in the US we massively overpay for healthcare and get worse results than many other nations. This is a problem that will only get worse as the population ages. Pharmaceutical prices are a part of this problem and why anyone is talking about it in the first place.

Pharma enjoys massive government subsides via patents, import restrictions, and access to government funded research, the question is are we getting a good return on these subsidies?
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I don't care about losing an argument, let me know.
Sorry, I forgot to let you know, you've lost the argument.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Cnutella wrote:
cnutella wrote:If posting Iron Pill makes Caruthers a nazi then dress me up in an SS uniform and call me Himmler
katamari Damassi wrote:FINALLY. I'll go put on my striped pajamas.
"And what are you in for? Jewish, is it?"

I don't think I'd make a very good dom as I'd probably say something along the lines of "it seems like you've been... quite naughty" and then I'd start laughing and the moment would be ruined.

Mind you, I hear that uniform brings out the best in people, so who knows? You know what they say: "you can't spell "Boss" without "SS".
I thought the same thing when I first dommed. You'd be amazed how fast you get into it, spurred on by the sub's prompts. Ironically, subs are really the ones who are in control.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Cnutella wrote:And Google Ideas just tweeted a pic that is causing fits on Twitter. Not that there's much GG and assorted allies will be able to do about it - Google are waaaay too big. Aside from delisting sites, I wonder what else they've got in mind?
Dunno but they have two known harassers and abusers Quinn and Harper in their little group to combat Online Harassment. Break out the popcorn people :popcorn:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet not much will come of the GG backlash. Gamergate has been quite successful but they have pitted themselves (quite successfully) against the media and are also now firmly typecast as the bad guys. Google want to be seen as the good guys, and there are a lot more media consumers than there are GGers. Traditional and online media companies are doing really badly as a whole, so any hits on their revenue have significant impact whereas I don't think GG will be able to scratch Google's revenues - after all, they mostly own the online advertising market and have other significant revenue streams beside that.

Not that they shouldn't try, of course, but Google are going to go with public perception, and public perception is that Gamergaters hate women who play or make computer games, and are obsessed with anime chicks with their tits out. Sure, I'd love to think this battle will end like Microsoft's did back in the early 2000s, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

I think Eron's lawsuit has some potential to get some publications to take a second look if he actually sets precedent in the digital age, but I doubt it will be a mainstream reversal. Once the media bandwagon gets going in a particular direction, good luck turning it around, mostly because reporters and editors don't like to be publicly wrong. And GG positive stories would be tantamount to admitting that they didn't do their research or picked the wrong angle the first time. Also few media groups want to be tarred as being potentially anti-women in this volatile climate, not when there's an "angry nerds hate women" easy angle to take. I doubt most gamers are big consumers of traditional media anyway, so their best weapon is targeting advertising. However, so many big media sites have done conventional narrative stories on GG, activist attentions seem to have been best spent in targeting a few of the biggest offenders, like Gawker media. Whereas, going after Google's revenue will probably be impossible.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Perfectly serious. And now I have no idea what your position is: do you have evidence for your original complaint, or were you just fishing? If you have expertise in the area, just come out and say it; as I said, I do not mind at all being shown to be wrong. You have me confused, Billie, just spell out your position (with evidence, per Nerd).
I'm being trolled by a fungus, aren't I? Well, that's a step up from a horse, I guess.

On the small chance that I'm not.... Nerd said that more than half of the expenses for a new drug goes to marketing. Someone raised a doubt about this. I happen to know that Nerd is roughly correct. End of story. Good night. If you want to continue this tomorrow, please be prepared to provide peer-reviewed evidence that you don't mind being shown that you're wrong and that I have you confused. Please be aware that only papers that report probabilities (as frequencies) to 17 decimal places will be considered acceptable.
I really do not give a horse's ballsack what you "happen to know", unless you back it up with some evidence.

Fuck me, I am arguing against Nerd using his own tactics! Oh, lord, what has become of me?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Loose CK wrote:
Loose CK wrote:*massive snip*

The quote above is just for DTC (direct to customer) ads. That is just a small part of the marketing space. Sure you want customers to ask their doctors about your product but you really want the doctor to prescribe it. So you give out tons of samples, sponsor seminars, luncheons, and vacations for doctors. You have sales reps visit the doctors and take them out for a round of golf. This shit cost money.

From again from Pfizer's 2014:
Selling, informational and administrative costs are expensed as incurred. Among other things, these expenses include the internal and external costs of marketing, advertising, shipping and handling, information technology and legal defense.
Advertising expenses totaled approximately $3.1 billion in 2014
Now they don't breakout marketing but lets say it is $5b leaving $6b for shipping, IT and legal. That would make sales and marketing equal to r&d. Give me an argument those not not reasonable numbers.
What? Fuck you!

How dare you just come out with "let's say", and then ask me to disprove the numbers?

Are you fucking joking? Fuck me, I'm drowning in a Nerd wet dream here.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote:#buttholesuffrage
#depiligate
#Defoligate
#ItGrowsBack

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[

What? Fuck you!

How dare you just come out with "let's say", and then ask me to disprove the numbers?

If you don't "floosh", it doesn't count. It's like balls touching.

Loose CK

Post by Loose CK »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: What? Fuck you!

Yes, you chose the Nerd wet dream program at the Recall office (first time I've every seen it, pretty pervy for my tastes) and are having a schizoid embolism. We are here to help, but you need to trust us, just admit you lost the argument. If you don't the consequences to you will be devastating. With no one to guide you out, you'll be stuck in permanent psychosis. The walls of reality will come crashing down. One minute you'll be the savior of big Phara, and right after that...

you'll be Carrier's bosom buddy.

Loose CK

Post by Loose CK »

We here at Recall are in no way responsible for breaking the pit.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Apparently Google Ideas is pretty much a 'progressive haven' for creating tools to fight oppression.

Here's an idea: don't censor internet searches in China!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Okay, I called my little brother who is a biophysicist or some such working as a slutty player for big pharma (I managed to avoid any of the intelligence genes in the family) and asked him directly how much they spent on advertising. The exact answer is "way too fucking much." But he is disillusioned because of stock prices or dead monkeys or something. So I am going to say with Nerd of Redhead certitude that trans people are way too oppressed, fuck big pharma.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'm off for three days in the mountains for some recording. See you all Saturday evening!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Service Dog wrote:What would be the most frivolous thing Elyse could spend money on,
while there's an ongoing charity fundraiser to pay for her family's moving expenses?

My vote is on spending fifty bucks to get her bunghole waxed.

That would be an absurd way to spend 10% of the target amount.

That would be twice the $25 "tilt" amount, required to trigger her contributors having to fulfill their pledges.

That would be double the amount donated by Clair, and by Blythe, and five-times the amount donated by Kanane.

Is fifty bucks more than your entire donation, Oolon?

--
I mean, I'm being silly for suggesting she'd actually do such a thing. This is preposterous conjecture.
But if it diiiiiid happen, what would be a fitting name for such a scandal?

BungholeGate
SchismSchism
MoonWaxxxTwentyFifteen:KlingonGenocide
Win A Free Trip To Brazil
Brazillionaire
Begging on Fleek
DongleDingleGate
TidyingUpThePlaceForASixpeat
#Bleach (less painful)

Just to confuse the anime fans.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cnutella wrote:And Google Ideas just tweeted a pic that is causing fits on Twitter. Not that there's much GG and assorted allies will be able to do about it - Google are waaaay too big. Aside from delisting sites, I wonder what else they've got in mind?
Apparently SJWs aren't "just an Internet fad" like creationists or the Truthers.

Remind me when a company as influential and powerful as Google endorsed a creationist think-thank or had an event with some people who supported "alternative theories" on 9/11.

This is a serious issue. Google, probably the most influential and powerful potential tool of control of the Internet, is willing to invite people like Anita Sarkeesian (someone who thinks that feminism isn't about giving choices but about someone who decides what is right and what is wrong, and who believes that violent video games cause violence) or Zoe Quinn and Randi Harper (two professional serial harassers/victims).

The best case scenario is that this is a publicity stunt and nothing much will come out of it other than a few stern words and some token temporary shadow bans. The worst case scenario, however, is that some of these people will "suggest" the use of some authoritarian tools against lists of "harassers" which they will compile.

This could, potentially, result into the biggest SJW-inspired attack to freedom of speech on the Internet.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Skepticon's safe sex policy has just been revised.
huge snip
Weapon Threat and/or Active Shooter Policy

http://skepticon.org/policy/
more snippage

Out of curiosity, do they prioritize these policies anywhere? I mean, I'd hate to tackle an active shooter and pound him, her, or xit into submission, only to be expelled from the conference for touching the active shooter without getting crystal clean consent.
Good catch. :clap: and :lol:

Disclaimer: I changed "clean" to "clear" in the last line. It seemed likely that reflected Billie's intent.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/s ... ue-prayers

Allegedly, one of the last words spoken by the victims was 'That looks like a clock to me.'

It's only Muslims killing Muslims, nothing for SJWs to be concerned about. Now if one of them had been arrested by Texan police...

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM12 wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/s ... ue-prayers

Allegedly, one of the last words spoken by the victims was 'That looks like a clock to me.'

It's only Muslims killing Muslims, nothing for SJWs to be concerned about. Now if one of them had been arrested by Texan police...
It's all part of the war between Shia Muslims (backed by Iran) the Sunnis (backed by Saudi Arabia) and ISIS (a former creature of the Saudis which has turned "rogue").

Saudi Arabia is a pretty fucked up authoritarian thoecratic regime, but we Westerners have always supported them (because of the oil, and because they have claimed to keep the terrorists at bay, even though they simply used them for their means).

Iran is also rather fucked up, but not more than the Saudis.

The real victims here are the democratic movements which inspired the initial phase of the Arab Spring but have been crushed and forgotten by the "West" once they were no longer useful. And of course the Kurds, but nobody really cares about the Kurds.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

FFS Ape what the fuck man?!

What the cunting fuck?!?

Get help.

:mrgreen:

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm off for three days in the mountains for some recording. See you all Saturday evening!
Steer clear of any cliff sides.
-Soylentf9

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's the same thing that happens with the Bible or the Quran. Most Christians and Muslims don't read them in their entirety, they just get a few snippets from their church leaders. The few who do read their Holy Books either become atheists/agnostics or try their hands at theology (which is basically a bunch of rationalizations that try to justify the huge mess contained in those books).
Totally true. Back in my young evangelical days I went to the same church as this guy:
Wikipedia wrote: Peter Rollins (born 31 March 1973) is a Northern Irish writer, public speaker, philosopher and theologian who is a prominent figure in Radical Theology.

[...]

In contrast to the dominant reading of Christianity, this more existential approach argues that faith has nothing to do with upholding a religious identity, affirming a particular set of beliefs or gaining wholeness through conversion. Instead he has developed an approach that sees Christianity as a critique of these very things.
His shtick, which he appears to make a living at, is explaining why God not existing and there being nothing you need "saved" from doesn't mean you shouldn't be a Christian, or that you shouldn't look down on atheists. He comes across as a youth pastor who doesn't believe any of it anymore but doesn't want to give up the pulpit.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

paddybrown wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: It's the same thing that happens with the Bible or the Quran. Most Christians and Muslims don't read them in their entirety, they just get a few snippets from their church leaders. The few who do read their Holy Books either become atheists/agnostics or try their hands at theology (which is basically a bunch of rationalizations that try to justify the huge mess contained in those books).
Totally true. Back in my young evangelical days I went to the same church as this guy:
Wikipedia wrote: Peter Rollins (born 31 March 1973) is a Northern Irish writer, public speaker, philosopher and theologian who is a prominent figure in Radical Theology.

[...]

In contrast to the dominant reading of Christianity, this more existential approach argues that faith has nothing to do with upholding a religious identity, affirming a particular set of beliefs or gaining wholeness through conversion. Instead he has developed an approach that sees Christianity as a critique of these very things.
His shtick, which he appears to make a living at, is explaining why God not existing and there being nothing you need "saved" from doesn't mean you shouldn't be a Christian, or that you shouldn't look down on atheists. He comes across as a youth pastor who doesn't believe any of it anymore but doesn't want to give up the pulpit.
Organized religion has always been a tool for making a living as a priest and for gaining or maintaining power. Personal religious beliefs don't really matter as long as you have a body of believers who are willing to support you.

Most people don't really give a fuck about whether their beliefs are consistent, coherent, supported by evidence or even likely. To most people religion is a way to feel good in many ways (knowing you're "special" and that a powerful entity cares about you, knowing that "death isn't the end" and that there is a "reason" for suffering, knowing that there is a "special project" for humanity and that there is some way to obtain absolute justice and absolute happiness, etc.) and to feel part of a "community".

Even many (if not most) atheists feel the need to feel "special", to have an existential answer for their suffering, and to feel part of a group of like-minded people. Social Justice is one of the many "godless religions" (communism, fascism, white nationalism and identity policies in general, woo environmentalism, etc.) that exist in the world. What these religions have in common are a series of characteristics that make their "flocks" feel better with themselves and at home within their group.

Most people want to feel special and loved. As human, we generally want to know that our suffering exists for a reason, that our lives will leave an impact in the future. We want to have the support of a group of people who agree with us.

Evidence, skepticism and rationality get easily thrown out of the window when powerful human emotions are involved. Most people can rationally understand that their life isn't particularly important to the whole world, that most suffering is pointless and happens without a "higher purpose", that there is no higher purpose or plan that drives our lives, that one day we will all probably be forgotten, that we could die at any moment and that there's no evidence that you can "come back" from the dead or that "some part of you" survives.

Many can probably realize that a group of like-minded people probably isn't a very good idea for critical thinking.

However for most of us it's pretty hard to face those rational truths. If life has no purpose and suffering is pointless we're basically left to our own devices. There are two ways to face those truths without the support of a religion (even a secular one). You either endure the suffering and the pointlessness of life because you find purpose in yourself and in the act of enduring those things (the stoic-existentialist perspective) or you aim to reduce suffering as much as it is possible and set out to enjoy life as long as it last (the epicurean-Nietzchean perspective).

Stoicism and existentialism require an uncommon mental strength. A Nietzchean/epicurean approach is easier to swallow but requires you to either to reject any justification of your moral choices and just assume that empathy and intelligence are enough to live a moral life or to reject morality altogether.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
FFS Ape what the fuck man?!

What the cunting fuck?!?

Get help.

:mrgreen:
:D

It's sometimes hard to top the ludicrous antics of baboons.

Then there's Elyse. She can't be bested. I just look stupid trying :shock:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Well, fuuuuuuuck me......

That's it, I give. She's a fucking force of nature. A pure conduit to the absurd. I cannot lampoon this woman :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:
SM12 wrote:
John D wrote: Well, most of the Muslims I have met do not think the Koran should be taken literally. There is such a thing as a moderate Muslim. Of course, the more Muslims we blow up the more radical they become... so yeah.... Moderates are a dying breed right now.
If you go without food or water for an entire month during daylight hours, while there is a heatwave, simply because your religion tells you to, I do not count you as a moderate.

Do a Ramadan fast and you are not a moderate Muslim, for much the same reason that somebody who runs 7 fells in a day is not a moderate jogger.
*wave*

I did the Ramadan Fast two years in a row. I skipped this year but it is highly possible I will do it again in the future.

(just saying)
Why do you even do it at all? Is it to fit in better with muslim friends/family/etc? Or maybe a personal hardship challenge of some sort? Sometimes you puzzle me, Andrew.

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

CuntajusRationality wrote: Fur Elyse:
You're a terrible person and I hate you.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

That's up in your top 5 funniest.

#hairypooter

bwahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahajahhahahahahajhahahaha

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm off for three days in the mountains for some recording. See you all Saturday evening!
Steer clear of any cliff sides.
-Soylentf9
Not too steep at Miraval.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

More tragedy strikes in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34346449

What sort of god would allow his worshippers to be crushed during an event dedicated to his glory? It's almost as if this allah geezer doesn't exist.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Hee hee, Hairy Pooter. :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote: Why do you even do it at all? Is it to fit in better with muslim friends/family/etc? Or maybe a personal hardship challenge of some sort? Sometimes you puzzle me, Andrew.
I wanted to see what it was like and as an act of self discipline. I figured that it could be a useful at some point.

There are no Muslims living near me and most of my many relatives who live in Canukistan now are at least 2,000 klicks away from me since I moved.

Finally, the look of consternation on some peoples face when I told them I was observing Ramadan was worth it all by itself. :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Oglebart wrote:More tragedy strikes in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34346449

What sort of god would allow his worshippers to be crushed during an event dedicated to his glory? It's almost as if this allah geezer doesn't exist.
Nah. He exists, but he's a troll. He created the event to gather loads of worshippers in one place and watch them stomp on each other. Bloody hilarious.

Or he's testing them because free will, and earthquakes are the result of evil spirits (this is what passes as "sophisticated theology" these days, just ask Alvin "Modal Logic FTW" Plantinga).

I prefer the troll theory anyway, it makes much more sense.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

About Elise and her anal waxing and enema ... is there some connection that I am not seeing? Is anal waxing something most women do?

Just curious at this point because I have a feeling that there is some connection that I am not seeing.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I find the googleideas shit quite depressing and pretty shocking really.

Perhaps it'll get worse before it gets better?

Parody Accountant

Andrew. I'm sorry but you are retarded. I'm going to have to turn you in to the retard police.

Parody Accountant

rayshul wrote:I find the googleideas shit quite depressing and pretty shocking really.

I was depressed that it was a current photo. I would have understood that picture in 2014. Now these people have been exposed. What the fuck?

But look at it like this, it's just google ideas. Not google, as in big google. It's one of their little projects, of which many of them might piss me off. They might even piss google off. They have an island. Not sure why, but that fact alone pisses me off.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

BTW Phil before I forget. Is going to the mountains really such a good idea given your history? Are you going to pack a parachute and get in a little jumping while you are up there?

Or is a squirrel suit more or less in alignment with what you might be thinking of doing?

[youtube]TWfph3iNC-k[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

AndrewV69 wrote:About Elise and her anal waxing and enema ... is there some connection that I am not seeing? Is anal waxing something most women do?

Just curious at this point because I have a feeling that there is some connection that I am not seeing.
The connection is anal sex. This woman likes butt stuff, and so much so that her butthole needs to be visually appealing in addition to pleasing to the touch. She cannot see the butthole without a mirror. It's not for her. So it says something about HoneyBanders too. He likes to look at buttholes during sex. He likes hairless buttholes. Specifically, he likes to look at hairless buttholes being fucked. If you're not picturing it right, the term to google is 'gaping'.

If she just said "I'm getting my pussy waxed" and she also got her asshole waxed at the same time, that would be normal. It's probably what happened. The fact that she refers to it as "getting my asshole waxed" says that she really really has an anal fixation.

Parody Accountant

Are we still pretending James Carruthers is a confirmed serial racist? That was fun yesterday watching him squirm.

STFU about "do we still need the pit, guys?" Stop being Walter Ego, etc. You're smarter than that. Also you goddamn well it's already been discussed a million times. Fucking cancer man. STFU about it. You're bumming my high, bro!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Parody Accountant wrote:
That's up in your top 5 funniest.

#hairypooter

bwahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahajahhahahahahajhahahaha
:D

There has to be a porn series by that name. It's just too freaking obvious.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Parody Accountant wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:About Elise and her anal waxing and enema ... is there some connection that I am not seeing? Is anal waxing something most women do?

The connection is anal sex. This woman likes butt stuff, and so much so that her butthole needs to be visually appealing in addition to pleasing to the touch. She cannot see the butthole without a mirror. It's not for her. So it says something about HoneyBanders too. He likes to look at buttholes during sex. He likes hairless buttholes. Specifically, he likes to look at hairless buttholes being fucked. If you're not picturing it right, the term to google is 'gaping'.

If she just said "I'm getting my pussy waxed" and she also got her asshole waxed at the same time, that would be normal. It's probably what happened. The fact that she refers to it as "getting my asshole waxed" says that she really really has an anal fixation.
Well, as long as we're getting Andrew up to speed, it's pretty certain she and Useless Hubby don't just do anal, but go the whole distance. Which amuses me because:

She's poly. Carrier's poly. I like to think she plops a steaming loaf on his head whenever he's in town :lol:

Parody Accountant

James Carruthers is being Sarah Mayhew right now.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Parody Accountant wrote:
rayshul wrote:I find the googleideas shit quite depressing and pretty shocking really.

I was depressed that it was a current photo. I would have understood that picture in 2014. Now these people have been exposed. What the fuck?

But look at it like this, it's just google ideas. Not google, as in big google. It's one of their little projects, of which many of them might piss me off. They might even piss google off. They have an island. Not sure why, but that fact alone pisses me off.
It's aggravating because how many times are we gonna have to watch smart people being stupid?

Intel gave up $300 MILLION for a "diversity" initiative and let Anita and Big Mac be the spokesmodels. And surprise, surprise, a half year later, Intel is slashing other in-house programs to take the sting off their vanity commitment.

GNOME also fell for the "diversity" push, but they committed money they didn't have, which led to a big budget crunch down the road. They're operating on shoestrings and fumes until enough money rolls in to get things balanced again.

So what fucking stupid thing is Google going to do? Besides treating that playacting lunatic Wu as someone who matters? Google is the biggest of them all, they can afford to go for the really BIG STUPID. I can hardly wait (NOT).

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Parody Accountant wrote:

You are ass-uming Banders still gets any Mofo poonani rather than just cleaning up the mess her boyfriends leave behind.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Parody Accountant wrote:Are we still pretending James Carruthers is a confirmed serial racist? That was fun yesterday watching him squirm.

STFU about "do we still need the pit, guys?" Stop being Walter Ego, etc. You're smarter than that. Also you goddamn well it's already been discussed a million times. Fucking cancer man. STFU about it. You're bumming my high, bro!
Carruthers Carruthers uber alles!

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Well, Charlotte Proudman apears to now have a regular column at the Guardian. The latest one calls for gender quotas for promotion to QC (the most senior rank of barrister).

Charlotte Proudman, lest we forget, is a female barrister. On the basis of making a fuss over getting paid a compliment, she now has an international platform to call for meaures to make her career progression easier. I believe I can add another characteristic to my previous attempts to define the Social Justice Warrior, one that probably gets closer to the heart of the phenomenon: seeking personal advantage through emotional blackmail.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Parody Accountant wrote:

Ah. I see now. Thanks.

I think I get the picture without looking up gaping. Not that I am prudish but "wearing my shoes backwards" has never appealed to me. Only one girl ever asked me if I would like to do her that way but I politely declined. Whatever floats your boat and all that.

Parody Accountant

Andrew likes to fuck her right in the pussy.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

This, though I think I would do if I was even just 10 years younger. Not now though. Not in this version of my life.

These guys are flying lower than they have to just because ...
[youtube]8W36TWiSKaI[/youtube]

Parody Accountant

Whoops!

https://i.imgur.com/SVF2CDT.jpg

James Carruthers invades the Chicago WGN news team graphics department.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:

It's aggravating because how many times are we gonna have to watch smart people being stupid?

Intel gave up $300 MILLION for a "diversity" initiative and let Anita and Big Mac be the spokesmodels. And surprise, surprise, a half year later, Intel is slashing other in-house programs to take the sting off their vanity commitment.

GNOME also fell for the "diversity" push, but they committed money they didn't have, which led to a big budget crunch down the road. They're operating on shoestrings and fumes until enough money rolls in to get things balanced again.

So what fucking stupid thing is Google going to do? Besides treating that playacting lunatic Wu as someone who matters? Google is the biggest of them all, they can afford to go for the really BIG STUPID. I can hardly wait (NOT).
It's all a matter of publicity.

SJW is the new black these days. All the cool kids call themselves feminists, tell others to "check their privilege" and fight "against trolls and harassers".

The "old media" love SJWs because they carry on their narrative which portrays the Internet as EVIL ("don't use the net, buy our newspaper! Or at least subscribe to the online version!") and because a new moral panic sells ("If you play too many video games you'll a become a racist rapist KKK pigfucker!").

Celebrities love the SJWs because they fancy themselves to be sophisticated ideologues and want to appear as "more moral" than the common folk (just read Helen Mirren's moronic and puritan tirade against men who put their arms around their girlfriends' shoulders)

In the news and entertainment business people claim to be in favor of freedom of speech and thought, but nobody really gives a shit about those freedoms unless it's their own speech and thought. Newspaper executives would love to put the competition out of business.

Add in the fact that an overwhelming majority of people in entertainment and in the news business are leftists and it's easy to see why they support the SJW feeding frenzy. Nobody gives a shit about the people who don't like SJW policies because they're obviously racist/neckbeard/rape apologists. Even the women or the #NotYourShield minorities, because they're simply brainwashed by the Patriarchy.

Google has two choices: defend freedom of speech and be demonized as "a haven for rape/harassment apologists" by pretty much anyone in the entertainment/news or cave in and throw a bone to the SJWs. It's easy to see why they picked the latter choice.

I hope that this is just a publicity stunt to capitalize on the SJW "fad" and that no SJW can actually get a position of power inside Google.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

ffs wrote:
They're not mutually exclusive though.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Organized religion has always been a tool for making a living as a priest and for gaining or maintaining power. Personal religious beliefs don't really matter as long as you have a body of believers who are willing to support you.

Most people don't really give a fuck about whether their beliefs are consistent, coherent, supported by evidence or even likely. To most people religion is a way to feel good in many ways (knowing you're "special" and that a powerful entity cares about you, knowing that "death isn't the end" and that there is a "reason" for suffering, knowing that there is a "special project" for humanity and that there is some way to obtain absolute justice and absolute happiness, etc.) and to feel part of a "community".

However for most of us it's pretty hard to face those rational truths. If life has no purpose and suffering is pointless we're basically left to our own devices. There are two ways to face those truths without the support of a religion (even a secular one). You either endure the suffering and the pointlessness of life because you find purpose in yourself and in the act of enduring those things (the stoic-existentialist perspective) or you aim to reduce suffering as much as it is possible and set out to enjoy life as long as it last (the epicurean-Nietzchean perspective).

Stoicism and existentialism require an uncommon mental strength. A Nietzchean/epicurean approach is easier to swallow but requires you to either to reject any justification of your moral choices and just assume that empathy and intelligence are enough to live a moral life or to reject morality altogether.
It can't be overstated, especially the first paragraph, how right you are.

For most of history, religion was just part of the structuring of power and the justification of who had it. The same as historical patriarchy btw. It wasn't some illuminati controlling everything you do, it was just some shit that told you why you better stay in your place and that guy over there was better than you. It was also a promise-a guarantee that because that person over there had certain rights given by God and society, that you had certain rights as well. Those with power over you had obligations to you.

It goes back to what Dan Dennett said about how most people just don't really think about religion too much because they're busy living their lives. They have real problems to worry about, like how they're going to eat or whether or not the harvest will be good. They don't need to borrow trouble by pondering the infinite until they've convinced themselves their current community is built on bullshit... Something which the priests would not look too kindly on in any case. :lol:

Not to mention, the common people have been uneducated for most of human history and it's hard to think your way out of religion with no education or almost no education.