Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Tigzy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:http://i.imgur.com/6oGNLio.png
PZ Myers wrote:no one has ever stopped me from boarding an airplane because of my dangerous genitals.
Maybe because the TSA doesn't use microscopes.
Boomshakalakaboom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, sometimes the most obvious ones are the funniest.

'Dangerous genitals' indeed, Peez. You wish. The only time that polypoid gobbet of flesh you care to call your cock gets remotely dangerous is when you have to get up for yet another piss in the night and worry you might be passing a kidney stone. And even then it's not a big worry, as it wouldn't have very far to travel anyway.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Caruthers wrote: <snip>
I do think, by volume of comments/videos about SJWism or feminism on the internet, rarely are the comments very substantive. The rest of the internet is not like the Slymepit, and youtube comments are a good example of the level of online discourse re: feminism. The number of channels on youtube who have sprang up or shifted focus to covering SJWs is massive, in keeping with the idea it's a fad (IMO). Used to be there were tons of anti-creationist channels too. A lot of those either went dead or shifted focus. BTW if anyone has good antifeminist videos to share, I would love to see more that offer substantive intellectual criticism. :snooty:

<snip>
You're talking about Youtube comments, the Internet equivalent of toilet graffiti. Of course they're moronic.

I'm talking about Nugent, or Cathy Young, or the many other people who are starting to criticize the SJW authoritarian policies and double standards.
FTB really seems to be over though. Most SJWs I encounter don't consider them anything more than a laughingstock. I see links to manboobz or jessica valenti, but not to PZ Myers. FTB is over. #FTBGate.:lol:

I guess we can call that the main achievement of a place like the Slymepit, but did we even do anything? Or did FTB self-destruct itself? :lol: PZ was such a fucking dick to everyone, including other SJWs, that he pissed them all off. That lot really are toxic.
FTB self-destructed, but a lot of its inner issues were highlighted by the criticism from people like Nugent and Hemant Mehta, who based their criticism on the Slymepit. Other issues were brought to light by how PZ dealt with anyone who disagreed with The Dogmas.

Generally speaking, very few people are willing to read an entire blog. Most SJWs do not devote much of their lives to flip through Jessica Valenti's blog or manboobz. They just get the "highlights" from more dedicated Futrelle and Valenti cheerleaders.

When the "clueless faithful" read the entirety of their Holy Books they're either horrified and change their minds about their Prophets or try to come up with a series of rationalizations that become more and more fanciful the more they're made aware of how incoherent, hypocritical and immoral their gurus are.

It's the same thing that happens with the Bible or the Quran. Most Christians and Muslims don't read them in their entirety, they just get a few snippets from their church leaders. The few who do read their Holy Books either become atheists/agnostics or try their hands at theology (which is basically a bunch of rationalizations that try to justify the huge mess contained in those books).

The Pit and Nugent have simply exposed PZ for what he is. His Alex rank and number of page view have started to drop after the exposure. I don't think it's a coincidence. Many people probably would have kept following PZ from time to time if they didn't realize how much of a dick he was. Nugent (and the Pit) contributed to making PZ become a known lolcow.

Eventually PZ was left with a cohort of radicals which was getting smaller and smaller every day. He couldn't afford to make some of them angry, and when Ophelia became the apple of discord he couldn't take sides.

If people dissociated from Futrelle and Valenti, if they were exposed constantly for what they are (namely a tabloid "journalist" with the moral scruples of a mountain goat and a hypocritical busybody who creeps on people on the subway), if they were trolled and criticized relentlessly, they'll eventually lose readers and self-destruct when their progressively smaller and smaller audience of fanatics would get at each other's throats for one reason or another.

Manboobz is just as toxic as FTB, if not more. Valenti isn't much better than PZ. Futrelle and Valenti are mostly dicks to "ideological enemies", but like Peezus they also target "TERFs" or other "allies" from time to time. The only point in favor of Futrelle is that many of the people which he "exposes" are genuine creeps and Internet morons, unlike PZ who aimed his "intellectual artillery" at people who have some academic clout.

But yes, manboobz and Valenti need to be turned into laughingstocks. Is anyone willing to read through their tedious shit, though? At least Peezus was entertaining in his rants and Ophelia was brief.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:FTB is over. #FTBGate :lol: I guess we can call that the main achievement of a place like the Slymepit, but did we even do anything? Or did FTB self-destruct itself? :lol: PZ was such a fucking dick to everyone, including other SJWs, that he pissed them all off. That lot really are toxic.
FTB self destructed on its own. But it was on a much slower burn than the flame, flash, crash & burn of Atheism+.

I would say that we sped the process along. By existing as a vocal point of opposition to their lunacy we:
* Created a clearing house for finding, identifying, amplifying & spreading dissenting points of view.
* Took some of the fear out of their dog pile attacks. Lone bloggers could expect to get dog piled. But with us around, they knew they were not alone, they were not crazy thinking these guys were close to lunatics, and there would be some support for them.
* Challenging FTB claims affected how they made them. They were always watching their backs for how their ideas would be criticized. So they went to more elaborate steps to try and justify their positions (instead of simply assuming they were accepted ideas). And these elaborate justifications tended to make their ideas look worse as they fell apart. And even better, when their ideas were challenged, the typically SJW response is to double/triple/quadruple down, instead of reevaluating their ideas. This made them look even worse to a more even keeled individual.
* We had them constantly talking about us. Always referencing the slymepit. The slimers. Those evil people who disagree. There exists significant descent to their ideas. Kind of like Donald Trump in the last CNN Republican primary debate. No matter how shitty Donald Trump was, they kept on talking about him, bring the focus back on to Trump. It was as if they could not help themselves. We might not be perfect, but we were a hell of a lot more attractive than the shit they were piling over there.
* Then we have all the people walking away from FTB. Some of them yelling in instance that it has nothing to do with the slymepit. They have other reasons. But it sounds like we certainly helped to magnify those issues and bring them to the forefront. And they seem to be really burnt out on SJWerism. I don't want them to necessarily to give up on ideas of true Social Justice. But if they are giving up the worst elements of SJWerism and are now allergic to them, then the world is a much better place.

I guess there was a risk that if FTB did not burn out fast enough, it might have slightly evolved or adjusted just enough to be sustainable.
James Caruthers wrote:I enjoy the discussion at the pit and I'll admit I started off this whole OP because the interesting conversations were waning and I wanted to stir the pot a bit. :dance: We have good discussions here, but I look back on the time spent and wonder what any of the anti-SJW reaction will matter in five years.
Hey, I am trying to drop in interesting videos, pics & articles for you... just not necessarily SJW related.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Dave wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:BTW, has anyone been appointed to replace Ron Lindsay?
(Please let it be Melody! Please let it be Melody! :animals-chickencatch: )
Not picking Melody would clearly be discriminatory against people with mental health issues. CFI doesn't want to be discrimanatory against women and the mentally ill do they? That would be misogynist & ablest.

As a side note, Ron Lindsay is on his way out. He could do CFI a favor and shit can Melody and save that organization some grief, or he can take the easy way out and let someone else deal with it.
I have a theory thats been rattling around in my head for sometime. Consider: (a) Melody seems to have come from a well off family, (b) While CFI has other regional offices, CFI-DC seems to be the only one with its own physical office space, all the others seem to run out of post-boxes (c) CFI-DC seems to be run as Melody's own little fifedom and (d) Main CFI doesnt seem to be able to do anything about her. My thought, and this is pure speculation, is that Melody's family are large donors to CFI and are effectively bankrolling CFI-DC, and thats why no one will touch her, because to do so means the loss of donations from her family.

Like I said, pure speculation, but I cant seem to shake the thought.
CFI-LA has a building in Hollywood with its own parking lot and a theatre rented out nightly (that generates income).
CFI-DC used to have a building for events, but lost that due to budget cuts. It has some office space but must rent out venues for their events like lectures.

Melody as we know, didn't get her directorship until after Paul Kurtz was ousted (she was on the side of the ousters) in May 2010.
Prior to that, she volunteered at CFI DC and then was the "Event and Volunteer Coordinator" there.
I have no idea about her finances or Simon's, but those may be her only jobs just before 2010 (unpaid as far as I know) and she lived in or near DC? That ain't cheap.

She posted this in early August this year.
http://i.imgur.com/FsYB8Nb.jpg

There was joking speculation she would replace Ron Lindsay. I haven't heard her say anything that would correlate with this tweet yet. Ron leaves in December.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Oglebart wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: I think the comedy with that book probably accelerated his derangement. Books were what made the 4 Horsemen, particularly Sam Harris, an unknown with an improbable bestseller. The chance to do one of his own must've seemed like a ticket to renown and respect. But after 6 YEARS of who knows what, while teasing his boosters with "it's coming along nicely" updates, he produced something with the import of a coloring book.

He may act unruffled, but mean and high strung as he is, he probably feels like he buttfucked himself in front of the world (you did, Peez). Right now, his failure can intrude at any moment through an interview question, a forum post, a web ad, a site bio, a speaker's introduction, and on and on. That can make a man seethe and loathe himself. Y'know, like Peez during waking hours.
Yeah, the book situation is interesting, I would love to know how that really went down. Whatever he originally wrote must have been shit-canned, I can't think of another reason why his book ended being old blog posts, instead of the Hitchens-eque tome that he was describing. Maybe we will find out one day? SpecialEd perhaps?
I agree with Ape+lust, it was the book debacle that destroyed him.
He alienated many of the big name atheists when he decided to throw in his lot with Watson and the SJWs after Elevatorgate (hence the lack of endorcements for the book when it eventually came out) but that doesn't explain why the book turned out to be a collection of old blog posts stuck together with sticky tape and some free organic glue that Richard Carrier offered.

When this 'book' eventually came out to almost zero interest he chose that moment to petulantly post the grenade post. I cannot see this as a mere coincidence that he chose that exact moment to go public with the accusations against Shermer.
Perhaps his grenade was related to an angle like that. But it doesn't explain the contents of the book.

Iirc the book is not about feminism or sjw stuff. I'm thinking that a book was rejected by the publisher. He used to say he took time off to write. He described significant progress.

Lies? Rejected book? Where's the new stuff?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

SM12 wrote:
John D wrote: Well, most of the Muslims I have met do not think the Koran should be taken literally. There is such a thing as a moderate Muslim. Of course, the more Muslims we blow up the more radical they become... so yeah.... Moderates are a dying breed right now.
If you go without food or water for an entire month during daylight hours, while there is a heatwave, simply because your religion tells you to, I do not count you as a moderate.

Do a Ramadan fast and you are not a moderate Muslim, for much the same reason that somebody who runs 7 fells in a day is not a moderate jogger.
*wave*

I did the Ramadan Fast two years in a row. I skipped this year but it is highly possible I will do it again in the future.

(just saying)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

I did the Ramadan Fast two years in a row. I skipped this year but it is highly possible I will do it again in the future.

(just saying)
And? Do you want a fucking medal?

Idiot!

RonSwanson

Post by RonSwanson »

Been listening to some youtube stuff from Christopher Hitchens and he always recommends that people check out "The Skeptical Inquirer" which apparently is a CFI project. Of course, this was from 10 years ago or so. Can't imagine what he'd make of "Triggered Lady" running the place. Not sure how powerful or important CFI is so I'm not sure how much Melody being in a position of power would hurt the A/S movement.

Parody Accountant

AndrewV69 wrote:
SM12 wrote:
John D wrote: Well, most of the Muslims I have met do not think the Koran should be taken literally. There is such a thing as a moderate Muslim. Of course, the more Muslims we blow up the more radical they become... so yeah.... Moderates are a dying breed right now.
If you go without food or water for an entire month during daylight hours, while there is a heatwave, simply because your religion tells you to, I do not count you as a moderate.

Do a Ramadan fast and you are not a moderate Muslim, for much the same reason that somebody who runs 7 fells in a day is not a moderate jogger.
*wave*

(just saying)
What

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So I have never bothered to look up anything about Roosh V until now. Just scanning some of his latest stuff.

Here are some of his latest gems
"Having sex with girls you don't like"
[youtube]czt1KHs12yA[/youtube]

...having sex with girls you don't like... wow. Living the dream. I think I have found the secret to his success. Be willing to fuck women you don't like. Why have I never considered this before...

And this wonderful video (advertisement for his book), showing the difference between Alpha Males and Beta Males.
[youtube]RHH5AGx3kew[/youtube]

Wow. I could be successful like that. All I need is a film crew. A script, and several paid actresses.

And then we see the master PUA in a non-scripted scenario:
[youtube]K1V5Pi0e954[/youtube]

Now in his defense, I don't think anyone would do well after the media blitz-krig that came after him. But I thought part of the whole mastery of PUA he would have the skill to deal with that well. About the only thing he did well, was to have a wing man smart enough to walk his ass away from that situation as fast a possible.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
In his post about Dawkins and Ahmed's clock, Myers did his usual 'bah-humbug' style dismissal of other more famous atheists:
On his talk show, Real Time With Bill Maher, the host said Mohamed deserved an apology but teachers reacted reasonably in targeting the boy.

“People at the school thought it might be a bomb … because it looks exactly like a f*cking bomb,” he said during a panel discussion with Mark Cuban, Jorge Ramos, George Pataki, and Chris Matthews. “It’s not the color of his skin. Somebody look me in the eye right now and tell me. Over the last 30 years, if so many young Muslim men … and he’s young, 14, but that’s not like it’s never happened before, hasn’t blown up a lot of sh*t around the world. And this kid deserves an apology, because he wasn’t one of them… Over the last 30 years, it’s been one culture that has been been blowing sh*t up over and over again.”

He also pointed out that the idea that Mohamed could’ve brought a bomb to school wasn’t unfounded, as several American teenagers have joined ISIS to the shock of people who knew them well.

Famous atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins agrees that Mohamed suffered an injustice, but the praise he received was uncalled for.

“If the reassembled components did something more than the original clock, that’s creative. If not, it looks like hoax,” he tweeted. “Disassembling & reassembling is great. But you shouldn’t then claim it was your “invention.”
Actually, they didn't think it was a bomb. Not only has administration admitted and confirmed that, but they didn't evacuate the school like they would do if it were a bomb. And, in fact, the school day continued on with no interruptions.

That's where the defenders of the arrest get it wrong. They assume the school was operating from a 'legitimate' bomb-threat premise when, in fact, they did nothing of the sort. Rather, they were operating from the perspective that it was a childish stunt to cause trouble which, in Texas (and many other States) is a crime.

Those are two distinctly different premises that will provoke distinctly different behaviors in the school administration. And the behavior we saw was 'this was a stunt not a real threat.' Which (the lack of threat) was confirmed by the school. So, it was never about a legitimate bomb threat or scare. It was about punishing a kid for an alleged 'hoax' device.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ape+lust wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:PZ simply fell apart after the heart scare. Some have claimed he was always as bad as he is now, but clearly, at one point he used to be a credible commentator and now he is a certifiable lunatic. There has to have been a reason for this, and the timing at least does point to the heart issue. (Although I accept that correlation doesn't equal causation blah blah)
I think the comedy with that book probably accelerated his derangement. Books were what made the 4 Horsemen, particularly Sam Harris, an unknown with an improbable bestseller. The chance to do one of his own must've seemed like a ticket to renown and respect. But after 6 YEARS of who knows what, while teasing his boosters with "it's coming along nicely" updates, he produced something with the import of a coloring book.
I know. And he used to give updates. And he took a sabbatical to finish it back in 2009. So either he was lying, or it so bad that it was rejected multiple times by the publisher that gave him an advance and they settled for the Collected Sayings of Chairman PZ.
He may act unruffled, but mean and high strung as he is, he probably feels like he buttfucked himself in front of the world (you did, Peez). Right now, his failure can intrude at any moment through an interview question, a forum post, a web ad, a site bio, a speaker's introduction, and on and on. That can make a man seethe and loathe himself. Y'know, like Peez during waking hours.
Whenever I come across one of his 'pox on the skeptic/atheist community' posts, this quip from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure always comes to mind as he sits there in disenfranchised stench of failure:

https://foresthempen.files.wordpress.co ... =300&h=204

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

http://i.imgur.com/6oGNLio.png

One of the consequences of flying a plane into a building is that you, the pilot, die. In other words, it's a type of suicide.

One of the correlates of being trans*, as we have been reminded oh so often, is suicide.

The way that you detect the nefarious intentions is by looking for observable correlates.

Connect the dots.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote:What is the Carruthers white supremacy angle?

Probably pretty Volkisch, I would imagine. A spot of tiger riding, harnessing the latent power of Mother Europa, that sort of thing

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Another Update

Hi gang.

Here's a general update on the status of The John Greg PayPal Life Support System.

It looks like pretty much everyone who wanted or was able to help out has done so. I did not reach my ultimate goal, nor even halfway there, but I did not really expect to. That goal is a lot of money, and so far as I know, none of us is Richie Rich. Nonetheless, I've met the goal to pay my overdue taxes (and avoid the wrath and direct intrusion of the CRA) and approximately 4 months leeway on rent and monthly needs, giving me an additional 4 months or so dedicated job search time.

So, here's hoping. What's that old kiddies book about the train say? Gotta make Gotta make Gotta make it.

Or summat.

Again, cheers to you all!

And once more, for anyone who may not have seen it yet, a truncated repost:

The John Greg PayPal Life Support System

I have decided to take the advice of many Pit pals, and start a PayPal account so that anyone who wants to help me get through my current crisis can donate (lump sum, or monthly).

My money/work crisis that has led to despair/depression; a crisis revolving around being homeless and living on the street in about 6 or 7 month's time. I am simply terrified of that. At my age, it is a slow and painful early death sentence. And I will not live on the street. I won't; I can't.

So, if you would like to contribute, please PM me, and I'll give you my email address for the PayPal account.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

deLurch wrote:So I have never bothered to look up anything about Roosh V until now. Just scanning some of his latest stuff.

...having sex with girls you don't like... wow. Living the dream. I think I have found the secret to his success. Be willing to fuck women you don't like. Why have I never considered this before...

And this wonderful video (advertisement for his book), showing the difference between Alpha Males and Beta Males.

Wow. I could be successful like that. All I need is a film crew. A script, and several paid actresses.

Now in his defense, I don't think anyone would do well after the media blitz-krig that came after him. But I thought part of the whole mastery of PUA he would have the skill to deal with that well. About the only thing he did well, was to have a wing man smart enough to walk his ass away from that situation as fast a possible.
The short of RooshV is he is a scam artist like almost all Pick Up Artists.

Their bullshit beliefs about how life works are creationist-tier. But like many christians, the leaders of the faith don't really believe what they say. If you study PuA, you'll quickly find them asking their faithful flock to donate money or pay for seminars to become a True Alpha Male (tm.) They also like to bring in other bullshit scams or conspiracy theories. RooshV's "neo masculinity" even brought "questioning evolution" into the manosphere. :lol:

I keep linking it, but The Black Pill (aka omegavirginrevolt) has a great article about why the manosphere attracts scams. He's a MGTOW or something.

https://omegavirginrevolt.wordpress.com ... truckload/

James Caruthers

Also RooshV wrote an article about legalizing rape which I am pretty sure was satirical, but it made a lot of people angry. That might be another reason why people would try to get him banned from visiting other countries.

I don't think it's right to ban him or otherwise prevent him from speaking. Like Peter Popoff, he should be allowed to speak, but not to run any illegal scams.

Billie from Ockham

Dick Strawkins wrote:Skepticon's safe sex policy has just been revised.
huge snip
Weapon Threat and/or Active Shooter Policy

http://skepticon.org/policy/
more snippage

Out of curiosity, do they prioritize these policies anywhere? I mean, I'd hate to tackle an active shooter and pound him, her, or xit into submission, only to be expelled from the conference for touching the active shooter without getting crystal clean consent.

Dave

Post by Dave »

HoneyWagon wrote: CFI-LA has a building in Hollywood with its own parking lot and a theatre rented out nightly (that generates income).
CFI-DC used to have a building for events, but lost that due to budget cuts. It has some office space but must rent out venues for their events like lectures.

Melody as we know, didn't get her directorship until after Paul Kurtz was ousted (she was on the side of the ousters) in May 2010.
Prior to that, she volunteered at CFI DC and then was the "Event and Volunteer Coordinator" there.
I have no idea about her finances or Simon's, but those may be her only jobs just before 2010 (unpaid as far as I know) and she lived in or near DC? That ain't cheap.

There was joking speculation she would replace Ron Lindsay. I haven't heard her say anything that would correlate with this tweet yet. Ron leaves in December.
Wait! I just noticed, it also lists a DC branch office with an address in a Capitol Hill Condo building. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well this is new, or at least new to me -- CFI now lists the DC office as their Executive Offices: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/outreach/branches

This should be amusing - either Melody is going to end up on a much shorter leash, or she *is* moving up the ladder. Either way should be good for the keks.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

deLurch wrote:So I have never bothered to look up anything about Roosh V until now. Just scanning some of his latest stuff.

After watching the smooth moves in his how to videos, I wonder if the V in his name stands for virgin. :lol:
I guess even with his winning personality he must come across some women that are drunk or desperate enough to fuck him.
As to his being a victim of islamophobia :cry: :violin: .

Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote: CFI-LA has a building in Hollywood with its own parking lot and a theatre rented out nightly (that generates income).

Wait! I just noticed, it also lists a DC branch office with an address in a Capitol Hill Condo building. Curiouser and curiouser.

Well this is new, or at least new to me -- CFI now lists the DC office as their Executive Offices: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/outreach/branches

This should be amusing - either Melody is going to end up on a much shorter leash, or she *is* moving up the ladder. Either way should be good for the keks.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
More amusement -- CFI still lists a DC Branch office, with Melody as director. The address is a condo complex.

Dave

Post by Dave »

OK, not sure how that happened, didnt mean to repeat myself. Must be the bourbon -- not enough of it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:After watching the smooth moves in his how to videos, I wonder if the V in his name stands for virgin. :lol:
Remember. To make money in the PUA instruction industry, you don't need to be able to convince women to sleep with you. You just need to convince several desperate men that you do pick up women regularly, and that you can teach them how in 6 easy steps if they just pay for your seminar.
free thoughtpolice wrote:I guess even with his winning personality he must come across some women that are drunk or desperate enough to fuck him.
As to his being a victim of islamophobia :cry: :violin: .
He isn't stupid. He works out. Keeps himself reasonably well trimmed. Dresses decently. And has the confidence to engage strangers in small talk at a bar. If you do that enough, you will eventually find someone to fuck. But you have to lower your standards and be willing to sleep with women you can't stand.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:
Am I a white supremacist?

I must be.

I went to get a manji tattoo, then I realized later that the guy put it on wrong and it was a swastika. Probably explains why the guy's head was shaved and he had one of his own on his forehead.
I don't know, but your little Iron Pill comic comes right out of the:
Neo-völkisch movements, as defined by the historian Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke, cover a wide variety of mutually influencing groups of a radically ethnocentric character which have emerged, especially in the English-speaking world, since World War II. These loose networks revive or imitate the völkisch movement of 19th and early 20th century Germany in their defensive affirmation of white identity against modernity, liberalism, immigration, multiracialism, and multiculturalism.[1] Some identify as neo-fascist, neo-Nazi, or Third Positionist; others are politicised around some form of white ethnic nationalism or identity politics,[1] and may show right-wing anarchist tendencies.[2] Especially notable is the prevalence of devotional forms and esoteric themes, so that neo-völkisch currents often have the character of new religious movements.
BTW, the little White Supremacist Neo-Pagan Norse Rune (Othala Rune) on the main character's shoulder was a dead give-away when viewed in the CONTEXT of his his propaganda:

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate- ... hala-2.jpg

You can read about it here at the ADL's Hate Symbol Library: http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate- ... gLrgstVhBc

Which warns us:
However, because it is part of the runic alphabet, the symbol can also be found in non-extremist contexts as well, especially runic writing and runestones used by non-racist pagans. Consequently, care should be taken to evaluate the symbol in the context in which it appears.
So I look at the comic which is blatantly Volkisch. And I see the rune. I see the other symbology. I see what's being preached. It's all part-and-parcel of the White Supremacy movement.

So if people come to the conclusion you're a white supremacist... Can you blame them? After all, you were dropping a volkisch cartoon full of dog-whistle white supremacy into the 'pit. And while I didn't widdle on about it, I damn well recognized it for what it was.

And if you didn't recognize it (the Iron Pill) as part of the White Supremacy/Volkisch 'movement,' well, hopefully you've leaned an important life lesson. And it's a life lesson learned without any serious life consequences.

So lucky you we're not a bunch of 'wreck-your-life SJWs.' Because you damn well know they'd have no tolerance for something that could be a mistake. Something done out of ignorance of the greater picture. WHich is, frankly, how I chose to view it. That you were unwittingly pushing white supremacist ideology. AFter all, those assholes are good at hiding what they do. Always trying to make it sound ever-so-reasonable.

And if you are a white supremacist... I don't really give a damn. White supremacy is pretty much irrelevant and laughable. Kind of like the modern day KKK, toothless and pathetic and not worth getting worked-up over.

free thoughtpolice

Hey! Why didn't they throw this kid in handcuffs? Cause he's white! Right?
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/white-k ... fers-help/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

deLurch wrote:
Dave wrote:I have a theory thats been rattling around in my head for sometime. Consider: (a) Melody seems to have come from a well off family, (b) While CFI has other regional offices, CFI-DC seems to be the only one with its own physical office space, all the others seem to run out of post-boxes (c) CFI-DC seems to be run as Melody's own little fifedom and (d) Main CFI doesnt seem to be able to do anything about her. My thought, and this is pure speculation, is that Melody's family are large donors to CFI and are effectively bankrolling CFI-DC, and thats why no one will touch her, because to do so means the loss of donations from her family.

Like I said, pure speculation, but I cant seem to shake the thought.
Well they have a physical address in LA. I had thought they had a DC person just because they had their offices there anyway, and the DC person could either be used for other central office duties, or schmoozing the politicians. Maybe they wanted Melody since perhaps she did a decent job of events coordination as a volunteer at one point in time.

I still think they have her on because her salary either offsets or partially offsets the free accounting services offered by her husband.
I can't believe any of the DC pols would feel in the least that CFI is an org they should be talking to.

The accounting stuff rings true, though...

James Caruthers

Tribble wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Am I a white supremacist?

I must be.

I went to get a manji tattoo, then I realized later that the guy put it on wrong and it was a swastika. Probably explains why the guy's head was shaved and he had one of his own on his forehead.
I don't know, but your little Iron Pill comic comes right out of the:
Neo-völkisch movements, as defined by the historian Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke, cover a wide variety of mutually influencing groups of a radically ethnocentric character which have emerged, especially in the English-speaking world, since World War II. These loose networks revive or imitate the völkisch movement of 19th and early 20th century Germany in their defensive affirmation of white identity against modernity, liberalism, immigration, multiracialism, and multiculturalism.[1] Some identify as neo-fascist, neo-Nazi, or Third Positionist; others are politicised around some form of white ethnic nationalism or identity politics,[1] and may show right-wing anarchist tendencies.[2] Especially notable is the prevalence of devotional forms and esoteric themes, so that neo-völkisch currents often have the character of new religious movements.
BTW, the little White Supremacist Neo-Pagan Norse Rune (Othala Rune) on the main character's shoulder was a dead give-away when viewed in the CONTEXT of his his propaganda:

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate- ... hala-2.jpg

You can read about it here at the ADL's Hate Symbol Library: http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate- ... gLrgstVhBc

Which warns us:
However, because it is part of the runic alphabet, the symbol can also be found in non-extremist contexts as well, especially runic writing and runestones used by non-racist pagans. Consequently, care should be taken to evaluate the symbol in the context in which it appears.
So I look at the comic which is blatantly Volkisch. And I see the rune. I see the other symbology. I see what's being preached. It's all part-and-parcel of the White Supremacy movement.

So if people come to the conclusion you're a white supremacist... Can you blame them? After all, you were dropping a volkisch cartoon full of dog-whistle white supremacy into the 'pit. And while I didn't widdle on about it, I damn well recognized it for what it was.

And if you didn't recognize it (the Iron Pill) as part of the White Supremacy/Volkisch 'movement,' well, hopefully you've leaned an important life lesson. And it's a life lesson learned without any serious life consequences.

So lucky you we're not a bunch of 'wreck-your-life SJWs.' Because you damn well know they'd have no tolerance for something that could be a mistake. Something done out of ignorance of the greater picture. WHich is, frankly, how I chose to view it. That you were unwittingly pushing white supremacist ideology. AFter all, those assholes are good at hiding what they do. Always trying to make it sound ever-so-reasonable.

And if you are a white supremacist... I don't really give a damn. White supremacy is pretty much irrelevant and laughable. Kind of like the modern day KKK, toothless and pathetic and not worth getting worked-up over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy fucking shit! What do we have here? :lol:

Am I the Pit's Godfrey Elfwick? Whenever I troll people, it always seems to happen by accident like this.

You're exuding a bit of a Nec_V20 vibe.

How could anyone be blind to the racist shit in Iron Pill? :lol: One of the comics is about how saving your sperm gives you super powers, and the porn industry is an evil monster Iron Pill must destroy for the good of the Volkisch. :lol:

Billie from Ockham

free thoughtpolice wrote:Hey! Why didn't they throw this kid in handcuffs? Cause he's white! Right?
Differences between cases:

1. white kid vs brown kid

you want more?

2. did not bring to school vs brought to school

but we're done, yes?

3. entered it in competitions (with labels and warnings) vs brought unannounced to school (to show off)

just stop

4. it was novel vs it was just a rebuild in a new box

why are you still reading? the answer was number one

James Caruthers

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/ ... 177726.jpg

Here.

As you can see, by posting this comic I am anti-porn.

Please remember to donate generously to Porn Harms and stop fapping today so you can save your manly chakra energy.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

One thing about the clock controversy that bothers me and which nobody else seems to have noticed is that traditionally, liberals and Democrats have been pro-teacher, and yet we find it's trivially easy to get them to throw teachers under the bus and call them stupid because of how they reacted.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Ape+lust wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:PZ simply fell apart after the heart scare. Some have claimed he was always as bad as he is now, but clearly, at one point he used to be a credible commentator and now he is a certifiable lunatic. There has to have been a reason for this, and the timing at least does point to the heart issue. (Although I accept that correlation doesn't equal causation blah blah)
I think the comedy with that book probably accelerated his derangement. Books were what made the 4 Horsemen, particularly Sam Harris, an unknown with an improbable bestseller. The chance to do one of his own must've seemed like a ticket to renown and respect. But after 6 YEARS of who knows what, while teasing his boosters with "it's coming along nicely" updates, he produced something with the import of a coloring book.

I agree, but can't help feeling the book is a symptom rather than a cause. I remain convinced that the 2006 PZ could have a written a game-changing book, one that propellled him to worldwide fame (and wealth!).

I say this in full knowledge of how mad it sounds, given what an isolated, pathetic little retard Myers is now. To be fair, maybe if I re-read the Pharyngula archives now, the frayed edges might be a little more obvious.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Tribble, did you really think James Caruthers was posting the Iron Pill stuff with anything other than irreverent, trolling-lite intent?

Obviously it's not meant to be taken seriously, surely nobody here is assburger enough to think so? Even Steers would get it, surely?

Guest_0455ae40

Post by Guest_0455ae40 »

OMG. (If I wasn't an atheist, that is.)

Things not long for this world. #smashparty2015 - @dELYSEious

alot of skepchick and surlyramics featured.

Parody Accountant

Really? The boring volkish shit makes him racist?

Dave

Post by Dave »

Wait! A month ago, we had Caruthers claiming that others took the Iron Pill shit seriously. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=444&p=295607#p295568

Now we have Tribble claiming Caruthers takes it seriously?

DaFuq?

Parody Accountant

How do you smash a tshirt

Parody Accountant

Guest_0455ae40 wrote:OMG. (If I wasn't an atheist, that is.)

Things not long for this world. #smashparty2015 - @dELYSEious

alot of skepchick and surlyramics featured.
Good eye, btw guest

Parody Accountant

http://i.imgur.com/qFV539l.jpg

4chan response to the slap a cisman booth

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

How did she end up with so much of the surlyramic shit anyway? Do you think they all feel pressured into buying it to keep her happy? It's got a real vibe of " just say it's good, you know what she's like" Embarrassing.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Tribble wrote:
Yeah, except Iron Pill was clearly taking the piss.

Even the Stormfronters know that - they're not exactly fans.

If posting Iron Pill makes Caruthers a nazi then dress me up in an SS uniform and call me Himmler

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

What are Elyse's trophies for that she'd want to smash them as well?

Also, I remember people used to joke about Bjarte whatshisname buying up Surlies by the truckload, but damn, Elyse owns way more than I ever imagined even fictional Bjarte possessing.

She's got more useless ceramic shit than a legion of old people at a Precious Moments convention.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Oglebart wrote:Tribble, did you really think James Caruthers was posting the Iron Pill stuff with anything other than irreverent, trolling-lite intent?

Obviously it's not meant to be taken seriously, surely nobody here is assburger enough to think so? Even Steers would get it, surely?
:lol: "Even Steers"! :-)

But I seem to recollect that I "got" that James was posting that stuff, at least in some contexts, to poke or provoke NEC_V20. However, I'm not entirely sure that he didn't or doesn't have some sympathy for the some aspects of the "völkisch movement" - which may actually have some justification:
The völkisch movement (original name: völkische Bewegung) is the German interpretation of the populist movement, with a romantic focus on folklore and the "organic", i.e.: a "naturally grown community in unity" (as opposed to a refined and sophisticated society characterised by diverging interests), characterised by the one-body-metaphor (Volkskörper) for the entire population.
Not at all inconsistent with the E Pluribus Unum motto that is championed by the American Republic. Many concepts have some utility and value as long as they're not taken to extremes or compounded with antithetical or vitiating elements: one thing to want to get the trains to run on time, quite another to embark on a program of genocide as a way of implementing that.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

[youtube]zRHYog51Gv0[/youtube]

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... Image).png

YAAAS!

*hic*

free thoughtpolice

Oglebart wrote:How did she end up with so much of the surlyramic shit anyway? Do you think they all feel pressured into buying it to keep her happy? It's got a real vibe of " just say it's good, you know what she's like" Embarrassing.
Given what Squirrely Amy charges for that crap, if Elyse paid for it, that would add up. Too bad she couldn't sell it, I'm sure she could use the $.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

James Caruthers wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I the Pit's Godfrey Elfwick? Whenever I troll people, it always seems to happen by accident like this.

How could anyone be blind to the racist shit in Iron Pill? :lol: One of the comics is about how saving your sperm gives you super powers, and the porn industry is an evil monster Iron Pill must destroy for the good of the Volkisch. :lol:
Why do you think it was auto-changed for a long time? Because your trolling didn't work, yet you continued to go on and on with it. Your triumph is oddly out of touch and 6 smileys rather convey embrassment.

I rate it a 4/5 oolon-style comeback.
http://i.imgur.com/xol4piu.png

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Steersman wrote: :lol: "Even Steers"! :-)
Of course, only teasing :mrgreen:

Guest_0455ae40

Post by Guest_0455ae40 »

Sunder: her old modeling/pagent trophies.

facebook .com/photo.php?fbid=10153638768699104&set=a.10151618468809104.1073741830.697669103&type=3&permPage=1

A closer look at projecting some anger:
facebook .com/photo.php?fbid=10153638793089104&set=a.36169354103.60860.697669103&type=3
Vinnie Pescado I see. Is the Sloth's name Amy? As in Amy Sloth by any chance?
Elyse Wojnowski-Anders We could call it that. That's a good name for this sloth.
Ogelbart: they had boxes and boxes of them at events for years. Mibbie that's why Surly is now doing paintings, as a glut gets too much.

Parody Accountant: put them into shirt and step on them? safer for destroying.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm not convinced that clock is so innocuous:

[youtube]3q8EZ-QXgCw[/youtube]

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
*wave*

(just saying)
And? Do you want a fucking medal?

Idiot!
Lol'd

James Caruthers

Dave wrote:Wait! A month ago, we had Caruthers claiming that others took the Iron Pill shit seriously. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=444&p=295607#p295568

Now we have Tribble claiming Caruthers takes it seriously?

DaFuq?
Life moves in cycles, my friend.

James Caruthers

Parody Accountant wrote:http://i.imgur.com/qFV539l.jpg

4chan response to the slap a cisman booth
What the fuck is this image? :lol:

"Slap a cis man booth" I must have missed this if it was posted earlier on the Pit.

James Caruthers

Aneris wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you think it was auto-changed for a long time? Because your trolling didn't work, yet you continued to go on and on with it. Your triumph is oddly out of touch and 6 smileys rather convey embrassment.

I was never trying to "troll" the pit. I posted it because I thought it was funny and then later in response to Nec and some other annoying trolls. I never expected anyone to take it seriously.

It's funny to see it coming back to haunt me after so long. :lol:

But keep psychoanalyzing me please.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

free thoughtpolice wrote:Hey! Why didn't they throw this kid in handcuffs? Cause he's white! Right?
Fuck's sake! He only repackaged a retail-grade reactor! Nothing special about it.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote: <snip>
:lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Fuck's sake! He only repackaged a retail-grade reactor! Nothing special about it.
I kind of got the impression, from a Wikipedia article on the technology, that he built it, more or less from scratch:
Taylor Wilson Taylor Wilson is the youngest person to build a working fusor, at age 14.
Though it seems the process and reactor is within the range of most "gifted amateurs":
How to Build a $1000 Fusion Reactor in Your Basement

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sunder wrote:
She's got more useless ceramic shit than a legion of old people at a Precious Moments convention.
I don't have the full details yet, but by the end of October, I may own more ceramic than MoFo.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I kind of got the impression, from a Wikipedia article on the technology, that he built it, more or less from scratch:
Taylor Wilson Taylor Wilson is the youngest person to build a working fusor, at age 14.
Though it seems the process and reactor is within the range of most "gifted amateurs":
How to Build a $1000 Fusion Reactor in Your Basement
Okay...

*backs down slowly*

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Malky wrote:“People at the school thought it might be a bomb … because it looks exactly like a f*cking bomb,” he said during a panel discussion with Mark Cuban, Jorge Ramos, George Pataki, and Chris Matthews. “It’s not the color of his skin. Somebody look me in the eye right now and tell me. Over the last 30 years, if so many young Muslim men … and he’s young, 14, but that’s not like it’s never happened before, hasn’t blown up a lot of sh*t around the world. And this kid deserves an apology, because he wasn’t one of them… Over the last 30 years, it’s been one culture that has been been blowing sh*t up over and over again.”

It;s the bolded bit here I can't understand about Americans, he seems totallly unaware that the USA has probably blown up "more shoy around the world" than anyone else -nominally in the name of freedom.
Over the years I have been to several different states in the USA and the one thing that struck me was that the majority of the population appears to be quite insular or parochial.

My impression was that the majority of Americans only consumed local news, and perhaps were vaguely aware of some of what was going on in a nearby state.

If things have not changed since then then it should be no surprise that they have only a vague idea what their government gets up to outside their borders and even then it is assumed to be good, because well, because America is good.

You know the way Americans believe they are are Good and they believe that Canuks have an inferiority complex? Well, it is like Canukistans are Smug in the belief that they are better than Americans who are Crass & Ignorant and they Pity them.

*shrug*

YMMV

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

What would be the most frivolous thing Elyse could spend money on,
while there's an ongoing charity fundraiser to pay for her family's moving expenses?

My vote is on spending fifty bucks to get her bunghole waxed.

That would be an absurd way to spend 10% of the target amount.

That would be twice the $25 "tilt" amount, required to trigger her contributors having to fulfill their pledges.

That would be double the amount donated by Clair, and by Blythe, and five-times the amount donated by Kanane.

Is fifty bucks more than your entire donation, Oolon?

--
I mean, I'm being silly for suggesting she'd actually do such a thing. This is preposterous conjecture.
But if it diiiiiid happen, what would be a fitting name for such a scandal?

BungholeGate
SchismSchism
MoonWaxxxTwentyFifteen:KlingonGenocide
Win A Free Trip To Brazil
Brazillionaire
Begging on Fleek
DongleDingleGate
TidyingUpThePlaceForASixpeat