Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Badger3k

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:LousyCanuck, has a new project:
Welcome to my new side-project: The Ethical Gamer. As a hardened Social Justice Warrior (Tank spec) who just hit Level 47, who also happens to be a person who spends an inordinate amount of time on video games and has purchased a large number of Humble Bundles leading to an expansive Steam library, I figured I might as well jam these two facets of my life together somehow. That somehow, as it turns out, is reviews of video games from a social justice perspective.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Linky: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ary-kings/
I'd tweet that for the lull, but I have too few followers (most of whom are probably bots), and he doesn't need the attention. Maybe Polygon or Gawker can hire him?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Dried basil has a place in pork rubs. HehHeh, "pork rub." But agree in general. I had three different types of basil growing, but a cat-related accident did in my Thai basil recently.
Four large pots of basil on the back deck, so every other weekend I harvest a few handfuls of leaves and make a couple of jars of pesto. Yum!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

screwtape wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Dried basil has a place in pork rubs. HehHeh, "pork rub." But agree in general. I had three different types of basil growing, but a cat-related accident did in my Thai basil recently.
Four large pots of basil on the back deck, so every other weekend I harvest a few handfuls of leaves and make a couple of jars of pesto. Yum!
That sounds so good right now. I might have to alter dinner plans.

I love growing my own, but I mostly have to do a container garden on our front deck, because of the sunlight, and our house is next to a greenway overrun with rabbits and other critters. I had a pretty good do last year, and had some people over for dinner, including a bunch of small children.

I was working in the kitchen when a toddler comes in with a very serious look and tells me he's picked some flowers for me. Which turn out to be an assortment of very hot peppers rather than flowers, picked from the pots on my deck. No idea how he managed to avoid the hot oils or what would have happened had he rubbed his eyes.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sam Harris is a hippie.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You guys are using the word 'basil' as a euphemism for pot, right?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Shatterface wrote:You guys are using the word 'basil' as a euphemism for pot, right?
Of course not. Holy Basil is not a synonym for Afghan Kush and rabbits and other critters doesn't mean pot thieves and cops. :P

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

And pesto isn't hash either.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Shatterface wrote:You guys are using the word 'basil' as a euphemism for pot, right?
Basil means 'King' and it's the best herb there is. It also has the bonus that using it is cultural appropriation and its no doubt sexist as it is not 'Queen'. Win win.

@SN I'll be trying your curry mix next time I make one up. I find most recipes have far too much cinnamon which can ruin it.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:Jerry Coyne writes:
Professor Ceiling Cat wrote:It’s not just college students who are afflicted with distorted thinking and identity-politics sensitivity, for at this very moment a prominent atheist blog network is falling apart, ripped asunder by internecine fights about Proper Thinking.
Part of this article On the hair-trigger sensitivity of today’s college students, and how to fix it
Interesting post by Jerry. And that particular digression generated an interesting exchange or two:
8 mark
Posted August 15, 2015 at 12:16 pm | Permalink
What’s the “prominent atheist blog network” that “is falling apart, ripped asunder by internecine fights about Proper Thinking?”

….

Ken Phelps
Posted August 15, 2015 at 1:24 pm | Permalink
That would be Free Thought Blogs, I imagine. Ed Brayton has left for Patheos. But don’t worry, in the comment section of a post explaining his decision he has invited someone with whom he disagrees to “Seriously, go fuck yourself. With a chainsaw.” So the vile spirit of SJW [self-righteousness] that his lazy and incompetent management nurtured at FTB will live on.
Nice to think Brayton’s “intemperate” response to my *cough bit of trolling *cough compliment will continue to pay dividends ….

But speaking of which, and of maybe some particular interest to those following Amnesty International’s recent policy announcement on prostitution, and maybe more so to any Canadians doing so, my recent comment on a religious blog (Evangelical Fellowship of Canada) in response to a post “celebrating” the passage of the Canadian anti-prostitution law (what was then Bill C36). Regrettably they saw fit to not let it see the light of day (RIP) for maybe some not unsurprising reasons:
Steersman wrote:I can certainly sympathize with some aspects of your argument. Even as someone who largely disagreed with what was Bill C36, and who submitted a brief to the Senate objecting to it, I can readily agree that there are many people, mostly women, who have been rather badly served by previous laws and policies.

However, when you suggest that women are "not for sale", as if that was actually what was happening, as if they were actually and literally being sold, then I think you merely show that you have your thumb on the scales, that you are exhibiting some problematic and damning bias and dogmatism. Prostitutes no more "sell their bodies" than do mechanics or chefs when they offer their services. Disingenuous if not egregrious propaganda to argue otherwise.

While there is maybe some justification for arguing that selling sexual services is different not just in degree but in kind from selling any other service - maybe because it is intrinsic to procreation which might have a somewhat "sacred" dimension to it - I really don't see that you or any other evangelical or other prostitution opponent has really addressed that question much less proven your case.
Maybe they thought the comment too "inflammatory" or likely to be "provoking readers into an emotional response" that might upset the even keel of their narrative ....

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:And pesto isn't hash either.
I live in Washington state, where no euphemisms are necessary. There's a pot store a couple of miles away, and at least one of the neighbors is growing some pot. All perfectly legal. Now the moonshine, that's another story (poteen to you bogtrotters.)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

BarnOwl wrote:
screwtape wrote:Jerry Coyne writes:
Professor Ceiling Cat wrote:It’s not just college students who are afflicted with distorted thinking and identity-politics sensitivity, for at this very moment a prominent atheist blog network is falling apart, ripped asunder by internecine fights about Proper Thinking.
Part of this article On the hair-trigger sensitivity of today’s college students, and how to fix it
The timing of the article in the Atlantic and of the discussion at WEIT is ironically amusing to me, in a week during which I got the SJW treatment from a student, and then later watched the same student let an older white male pass with a more egregious offense. ... Thusly Dr. BarnOwl, who includes narratives of the accomplishments and abilities of individuals with neurological disorders (Williams Syndrome, autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, TBI,etc.) in each of her lectures, was SJWed. ...

Typical SJW behavior, though - completely hypocritical and inconsistent. IOKWWDI.
Not to engage (overly) in a "let's you and them fight", but maybe you could tell them, politely, to F.O.? Or at least point them to Coyne's article and the one in The Atlantic? The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, to coin a phrase.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Really? wrote:This is odd. Carrier's auction has changed again. You now have until October 31 to bid 100 dollars that would entitle you to buy him dinner on August 13.

https://www.secularbackstage.com/tools/ ... e/NacA53fq
I wonder if they qualifies as some sort of fraud?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Eskarina wrote: <snip>
It's just ultra-hip (if you're a teen) leetspeak.
Thanks. Though I took a look at the article and I'm really no wiser as to what Damion's handle is supposed to be saying or alluding to. Ideas?
The steers bot is vulnerable to leet speak
Independence Day - the uploaded virus causes the Mother Ship to crash and burn taking all her chil'en with it ....

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Really? wrote:This is odd. Carrier's auction has changed again. You now have until October 31 to bid 100 dollars that would entitle you to buy him dinner on August 13.

https://www.secularbackstage.com/tools/ ... e/NacA53fq
I wonder if they qualifies as some sort of fraud?
Without realising it Carrier may have hit on a major discovery in his own field. Was the variation in the dates of Jesus's birth down to his mum trying to get a dinner date?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Steersman wrote: Thanks. Though I took a look at the article and I'm really no wiser as to what Damion's handle is supposed to be saying or alluding to. Ideas?
It's sometimes used so as to prevent otherwise recognised brands or names appearing in search engine results. So the POTUS could post as B4rach 0b4ma. Myers as My3rZ ocould post a torrent to the latest W4lt Di5n3y blockbuster in a forum supposedly without a basic name search revealing your activities to the outside world.
Ah, that makes sense. But thanks - I'll keep that in mind during my forthcoming planning to take over the world. :-)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
gay_pie.jpg
I'm a little concerned about the accuracy of your gay pie chart. The not gay or bi part should a real pure blue instead of that slightly purple tinge to it. It makes it look like us totally straight guys aren't true blue straight.
:drool:
The Assburger is strong in this one.

feathers

Post by feathers »

BarnOwl wrote:Enter elderly white male MD professor, who "entertains" our students for two hours each week on topics within his specialty. This guy deliberately says at least two insensitive and provocative things each week: an example is showing photos of an anencephalic fetus, and then saying "That's a no-brainer!" and laughing. Well, this week was infectious disease week, so he starts his presentation with a photo of puckered-up, lipstick-painted lips, and says "Be careful who you do." This was followed by several photos of attractive women making kissy faces. I was seated in the back of the lecture hall, and right in front of me was a row of 5 SJWs, including the student who called me out over "hysteria." One of them whispered "Did he just say that?" and then the whole lot of them erupts in whispers of "I can't believe he said that!" But did they call him out on it or even ask him about it? No. Why not? Because they're afraid? Because he's an MD? Because he's old? Who knows.

Typical SJW behavior, though - completely hypocritical and inconsistent. IOKWWDI.
Some wild animals attack if you show weakness, but respect you if you assert yourself. Maybe SJWs work like that. If you are walking on eggshells in your presentations, and become all apologetic if you slip up once, they smell blood and rip you apart. If on the other hand you make it bluntly clear you don't care for their nonsense, you can get away with a lot more.

My favourite opening line would be "There are no niggers, chinks, poofters, kikes and genderfluids in this place. You're all equally worthless to me." Maybe you can try that one day. Please film and put result on Youtube.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

James Caruthers wrote:
Clickbaiting anti-SJW punditry wouldn't really be any better than clickbaiting SJW punditry.
Why? I don't mind somebody doing something and earning some money off of it. If people perceive value, what's the issue?
Rush Limbaugh did nothing wrong because I happen to politically agree with him!

I don't like paying someone for their political opinion because their motivation to hold or not hold those opinions depends on how much cash they get paid.

This is literally everything wrong with modern US politics in a nutshell. Go watch Network, brah.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote:
Steersman wrote: Thanks. Though I took a look at the article and I'm really no wiser as to what Damion's handle is supposed to be saying or alluding to. Ideas?
It's sometimes used so as to prevent otherwise recognised brands or names appearing in search engine results. So the POTUS could post as B4rach 0b4ma. Myers as My3rZ ocould post a torrent to the latest W4lt Di5n3y blockbuster in a forum supposedly without a basic name search revealing your activities to the outside world.
5733r5m4n 15 k1nd 0f cu73, 7ry1n6 70 f1nd 0u7 wh47 l3375p34k m34n5 4nd why p30pl3 4r3 u51n6 17. 1 6u355 1'll wr173 my n3x7 r3ply 70 h1m 0n 50m3 4rc4n3 70p1c 3n71r3ly 1n l337.
:lol: :clap: As Malky noted, that is surprisingly easy to read. A "substitution cipher" as the Wikipedia article noted, but I was maybe kind of looking for some kind of implied phrasing - it was late, as I recollect ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Always believe the victim accuser? Believe them for 2 years, then carry on as if you hadn't? Always believe, but sidle up to the predator anyway because you need him more than he needs you?

Help me out here Peez, your moral compass is pointing every which way but straight.
Are we sure that PZ Myers did not retract the second-hand accusation in the last two years? (Real question.)
If I hadn't burst out laughing I'd have said you had a future in pro-poker.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

James Caruthers wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Clickbaiting anti-SJW punditry wouldn't really be any better than clickbaiting SJW punditry.
Why? I don't mind somebody doing something and earning some money off of it. If people perceive value, what's the issue?

I don't like paying someone for their political opinion because their motivation to hold or not hold those opinions depends on how much cash they get paid.

This is literally everything wrong with modern US politics in a nutshell. Go watch Network, brah.
To some extent. You think because someone is paid to do something it necessarily means that it is intrinsically wrong and flawed? That there's no truth in what they've said? Looks like your cynicism is getting the better of you.

Though I do remember reading, not long ago, Barbara Tuchman's The Proud Tower - the events leading up to WW-I. She had noted that a somewhat commendable feature of British politics of the time was that it was characterized by the contributions of "the landed gentry" (I think that is the correct term) who supposedly were less likely to be corrupted by the lure of "filthy lucre". Partially true, but they also weren't terribly supportive of extending the franchise either.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Ape+lust wrote:
Aneris wrote: <snip>
5733r5m4n 15 k1nd 0f cu73, 7ry1n6 70 f1nd 0u7 wh47 l3375p34k m34n5 4nd why p30pl3 4r3 u51n6 17. 1 6u355 1'll wr173 my n3x7 r3ply 70 h1m 0n 50m3 4rc4n3 70p1c 3n71r3ly 1n l337.
:lol:

Now I have to ask... Steersman, are you a long-time AOL user? :D

I can't think of another way you missed l337, which is about as old as the World Wide Web and was hard to avoid in the first decade.
:) CompuServe was my entry point - AOL was the new kid on the block ....

Though don't recollect anything about "l337", but maybe it came later. Or maybe the blindingly fast 9600 baud communication speeds had something to do with it ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote:
John Greg wrote:The Peez attends his high school reunion, and remembers how perfect he and his life really were:
I know many people have horrible memories of their school years, and all too often public schools are nightmarish mills of cliques and bullying and ugly social oppression, but I was lucky. I was the wimpy nerd, I would have been the easy target for bullying, but it didn’t really happen, and I had friends among all the little petty in-groups — the jocks, the cheerleaders, the stoners, the AV weirdos, everyone — and they were always pretty porous and accepting. Dang it, I don’t have any good horror stories to tell from those years!
:think: ... :liar:

Linky: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... e-machine/
No horror stories? Not even the likely cause of his bum knee? He's not usually this copacetic. If he's availing himself of Washington's legal weed, I applaud and encourage him to get baked more often.
Ophelia copy-pasting Peez wrote:Originally a comment by PZ Myers on That was before the money went into it.

It’s been this way since I was in high school.

Our football coach was a psychopath.

He took pride in his collection of paddle boards; every session of our gym class was accompanied by someone, or multiple someones, getting hacked for trivial infringements of his rules: you forgot your jock strap. You weren’t lined up with everyone right at the instant the bell rang. You came in last when running laps. If he was feeling punitive, the last ten kids would get wacked.

He was the football coach. He got away with it. Grading gym was easy, too: if you were varsity on one of the teams, you got an A; JV, a B; everyone else, a C.

Members of the football team were his favorites. He loved to set up games of dodgeball, where one side was the football squad, and everyone else was on the other. It was always that way — we’d have a day of basketball, and the teams were the football players vs. the “pussies”.

That’s how I got out of gym for one full year: playing basketball against the football assholes, and when I started scoring well (probably because as the unathletic guy on the other team, they kept ignoring me), one of them decided to take me out…by tackling me at the knees. In basketball. Completely wrecked my left knee, got to spend 6 months in a hip-to-ankle cast. The guy didn’t even get a rebuke.

We didn’t have any incidents of sexual violence, at least. The closest we came was that he liked to stroll around the showers and ask the football players about their sexual activities — details about the girls at school were always welcome.

Fucking pervert and violent psychopath. I still seethe when I think of that jerk. He got his comeuppance, though: his son was a star quarterback in high school, and when he moved up to the University of Washington, his dad got promoted to a coaching position on that team. I think he also got another bump upwards when his son went pro. It’s a sport that really rewards the worst human beings.
Peez, in the comments wrote:Yeah, we had wrestling in our PE class too. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wrestle the football players — they were out of our weight class.

Instead, they’d match us limp-wristed weakling against one another, and then stand around making crude sexual remarks while we were thrashing around. Or worse, I’d get pitted against one of the little guys who really were on the wrestling team, a solid ball of muscle, and get slammed around for 30 seconds before getting pinned. That was always entertaining.
https://archive.is/1BwNE
You forgot your own punchline.

http://i.imgur.com/PS83KNn.jpg

:lol:

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Ape+lust wrote:Always believe the victim accuser? Believe them for 2 years, then carry on as if you hadn't? Always believe, but sidle up to the predator anyway because you need him more than he needs you?

Help me out here Peez, your moral compass is pointing every which way but straight.

http://imgur.com/r39FAQW.png
He recently said something nice about Dawkins as well.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

James Caruthers wrote:http://i.imgur.com/fF92htb.jpg[/img]

Let's be fair to Matt here: His facebook wall isn't a public forum for all and sundry. Facebook is a private company that gives him the tools to modify how he wants his facebook wall to look and what content he wants to put on it or allow others to put on it.

So it's not a matter of free speech because it's his own social media account.

That said, Matt is the kind of dumb fuck who keeps social media moguls rolling in dough. He should have set his Facebook to "friends only" from the start. Or not has a social media account in the first place.

But as it stands, he does look like a thin-skinned whiner which, considering he runs an atheist talk show where he vocally challenges religious views in a majority-religious state, is a bit laughable. I bet his show is highly triggering to Christians living in his state.

I hope some famous Christians banned him from their Facebook walls (or however this faceballs shit works) in retaliation. :lol:
FFS, Facebook pages are free. I have three: 1) my personal; 2) my business; 3) my atheism stuff. Dillahunty should have two: 1) his own private page; 2) his vlogger page. Ashley Miller also boo-hoo'd because she was too dumb/lazy to set up two pages. These people are intellectually lazy.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So Dick Carrier still has my comment in moderation and has not responded to my offer for him to crash at my place.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Totally fucked the quote, sorry.
That's alright. It was a totally fuckable quote. Maybe next time just fap to it.
But was it a same-sex quote you fucked?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Skep tickle wrote:http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... xperience/

Cherry-picking 2 lines from near the end:
The idea of choosing to be a man feels to me a bit like choosing to be Charles Windsor – like signing up to a whole lot of duty and responsibility you don’t particularly want. That thought has caused me to sympathize with men more, however odd that may sound.
One thing I’ve gotten from puzzling about gender and how I experience it and whether I would have been or considered being trans if the option had been as visible when I was a child in the 19th century as it is now
When she was a child in the 19th century?
How old is Ophelia again?

And the comments are unintentionally hilarious. Some anonymous commenter shows up and doesn't treat Benson's magic word with the proper deference. Ophelia desperately tries to get the commenter to call her a cunt and gets sniffy when the commenter politely declines and then cattily informs everyone that the anonymous commenter is male (icky!) :snooty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Michael J wrote:

http://imgur.com/r39FAQW.png
He recently said something nice about Dawkins as well.
And dont't forget he walked back the Bill Nye bullshit. Said bullshit is often referenced to a marginal tumblr (?) naming names page. Ie "not our problem".

The reality is that it started far closer to home.

http://i.imgur.com/9wIYsLm.jpg

The man is a paragon ..... of something.

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

John Greg wrote:LousyCanuck, has a new project:
Welcome to my new side-project: The Ethical Gamer. As a hardened Social Justice Warrior (Tank spec) who just hit Level 47, who also happens to be a person who spends an inordinate amount of time on video games and has purchased a large number of Humble Bundles leading to an expansive Steam library, I figured I might as well jam these two facets of my life together somehow. That somehow, as it turns out, is reviews of video games from a social justice perspective.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Linky: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ary-kings/
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8. As the children are prone to say on gaming fora.

Honestly he's such a needy little runt, that I'd imagine he's not even worth trolling.

Richard Dworkins

I assume that CBT as referenced in the WEIT article does not refer to cock n ball torture?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

No, man, it's oregano for a pizza sauce. I'm a gourmet chef.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Richard Dworkins wrote:I assume that CBT as referenced in the WEIT article does not refer to cock n ball torture?
Cognitive Behaviour Therapists. Although I believe some of the therapists do use somewhat unorthodox methods.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bora asks a rhetorical question. From the abstract:

http://i.imgur.com/xsEc0c8.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

Am I the only one who was curious about what Elyse has been up to?

Her last tweet was on August 11.

Then she tweeted this yesterday:
So what's the theory? Was she spending some time with some very nice people in some very white coats? I'm sure I'm not the only who hopes she's been getting help.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just deleted "boom beach" after 24hrs. These games are the new tobacco/slot machines.

100 converging tactics seeking to invest you in the "world" and make it increasingly difficult to extricate yourself easily. First thing I did when I woke up today was check whether any of my islands had fallen overnight and see how much closer I was to getting a level 5 HQ.

Fuck that.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:Am I the only one who was curious about what Elyse has been up to?

{snip}

So what's the theory? Was she spending some time with some very nice people in some very white coats? I'm sure I'm not the only who hopes she's been getting help.
I hope that she is getting help. With that said, Elyse obviously is suffering from a lot of mental instability. She is pretty much out of the Atheist/Skeptic circles, or at least she has marginalized herself out of skepchick and their toxic circles.

Perhaps we should stop bringing her up in the hopes that in the absence of any extra attention she will be better able to focus on getting herself into a better place.

As it stands now, all we are doing is rubber necking at a train wreck and that doesn't help anyone.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And once you are invested then it makes sense in a sick sort of way to get down to the real business of ingame purchases for your new lifestyle that comes without a finish line.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:Am I the only one who was curious about what Elyse has been up to?

{snip}

I hope that she is getting help. With that said, Elyse obviously is suffering from a lot of mental instability. She is pretty much out of the Atheist/Skeptic circles, or at least she has marginalized herself out of skepchick and their toxic circles.

Perhaps we should stop bringing her up in the hopes that in the absence of any extra attention she will be better able to focus on getting herself into a better place.

As it stands now, all we are doing is rubber necking at a train wreck and that doesn't help anyone.

You don't think she could walk this past missive back and become a playa again?
;)

http://i.imgur.com/jfCOOgS.jpg

Richard Dworkins

deLurch wrote:

{snip}

I agree, but...

In the working men's clubs of Jarrow in the 1970's there was a performer known as "Jarrow Elvis" who had mental disabilities. He was awful but the crowds loved him because he was so bad. He was often backed by other acts of similar impairment. Some do-gooders decided this was terrible and attempted to stop it and it had a detrimental effect on the poor sod, who loved his time in the spotlight.

I was also led to believe by an aunt who was a nurse in France that the show "Je Sans Frontiers" used to cart patients from mental hospitals to perform on the show and that the patients used to love it, get excited and competitive about it. For them it was a grand day out.

So perhaps the rubber-necking is creating a situation where she can project her issues outwards in a healthier manner than blatantly ignoring her, in which case she may end up harming herself and others around her. For some people attention is attention, no matter good or bad.

In saying that it is still mocking the afflicted, so as I say I agree.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Scented Nectar wrote:
blitzem wrote:Ah, cinnamon hearts. Haven't had those in ages, but I loved them. Guess I will have to try out the SL stuff then, and your powder as I am a bit sick of the Loblaws No Name mix. Just been eating it for too long. Cheers.
If Loblaws means that you live in Canada, there's a store in Toronto that also does online mail orders in case you can't find the cinnamon or fenugreek. http://thespicetrader.ca/ They're pretty good. I just have one complaint. Their dried herbs aren't so great. Things like basil, thyme, and sage, had too many stems in them - that's a gum stabbing just waiting to happen. Their powdered curry spices are quite good though. I get all 5 ingredients from there. The curry powders in the stores have fillers like flour, and they use shit-quality spices. Smells good in the bag, but the flavour disappears in the food.
Nice, ty for the info. I will check it out. :)

dopamine

transgender men hounding Ophelia Benson

Post by dopamine »

They need to stop picking on Benson for thought crime.

why did the article in Slate mention that she's 67? There was a time when we revered older people.
Because you're a man.
He is such a nutter.
It's hilarious that feminism has been infiltrated by literal men.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:You don't think she could walk this past missive back and become a playa again?
;)

http://i.imgur.com/jfCOOgS.jpg
Actually anything is possible. They might let her in if she cleans herself up.

That said, I would much rather take my chances that if she gets some good solid court mandated psychiatric help, along with a good solid look at her substance abuse problems she may end up becoming a better person.

If anyone screams substance abuse rager, it is her. I hope she takes this chance to clean up, the people in her life stop enabling her so that she can contribute to a much better life for her children. The poor SOBs don't have a choice in a mother.

deLurch

Re: transgender men hounding Ophelia Benson

Post by deLurch »

dopamine wrote:They need to stop picking on Benson for thought crime.
I'll start being sympathetic towards Benson, when she figures out that it is wrong for herself to do the same.

I am not going to add to her distress, but she earned this all on her own.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Properly managed mental detox worked for Suey so your point stands.

That cocktail of meds doesn't bode well for Elyse though.

James Caruthers

Re: transgender men hounding Ophelia Benson

dopamine wrote: Because you're a man.
Fuck's sake. Godfrey, this guy just out-Elfwick'd you.

You should steal this tweet for sure.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Brive1987 wrote:Properly managed mental detox worked for Suey so your point stands.
We honestly don't know if Suey is on any meds or not.

But one might think that any decent therapist will at least have some long conversations about how one interacts with the world around them. Someone somehow got through to Suey.

James Caruthers

What the fuck is a queer trans woman anyway? Is it a man who became a dude who then became a literal Mr. Garrison -> Mrs. Garrison and decided penis was for fags and wanted hot scissoring action?

Scissor me timbers!

James Caruthers

Whoops I mean a man who became a woman who became Mrs. Garrison.

James Caruthers

"Sex is between your legs and gender is between your ears" Seems like MORE THAN A FEW liberal feminists believe this "cissexist bullshit."

I thought that was kind of the academic difference between gender performativity/role vs biological sex. And a lot of transpeople embrace this belief since they adopt the gender performance of the role they wish to transition into.

James Caruthers

Brive1987 wrote:Properly managed mental detox worked for Suey so your point stands.

I feel bad for Elyse.

All she's guilty of is spousal abuse, alcoholism, pill popping and smacking her bitch kids around when they wouldn't pour her another glass of wine.

And then she was further oppressed by patriarchal white supremacist shitlord cops. She tried to reasonably punch up against this rape culture and they liberty-raped her by throwing her in prison. The ableist court system then put her on meds to kill her headmates. Fucking cis scum ableist bigotry.

We need to stop making fun of her, the poor dear.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:What the fuck is a queer trans woman anyway? Is it a man who became a dude who then became a literal Mr. Garrison -> Mrs. Garrison and decided penis was for fags and wanted hot scissoring action?

Scissor me timbers!
I think "queer" is like calling mulligan when it comes to gender identity. It is flagging that you don't feel like your really fit into either the male/female identities.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
I was also led to believe by an aunt who was a nurse in France that the show "Je Sans Frontiers" used to cart patients from mental hospitals to perform on the show and that the patients used to love it, get excited and competitive about it. For them it was a grand day out.
http://i.imgur.com/cxRg6Zx.png

Richard Dworkins

bhoytony wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
Yes, very good, they are wards of state I suppose. Though I'd be willing to resolve that with some guillotines.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

bhoytony wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:
P.S. it's Jeux Sans Frontieres, not Je Sans Frontieres. Games without frontiers.

[youtube]GYUGXuTNsic[/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

James Caruthers wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Corporate control of politics is what is wrong. A bunch of Youtubers commenting for Paetron or donation is absolute nothing. Ditch the corporate control of MSM and all that.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:What the fuck is a queer trans woman anyway? Is it a man who became a dude who then became a literal Mr. Garrison -> Mrs. Garrison and decided penis was for fags and wanted hot scissoring action?

Scissor me timbers!
I think "queer" is like calling mulligan when it comes to gender identity. It is flagging that you don't feel like your really fit into either the male/female identities.
It was just a label all the cool kids stole from legitimate gay rights communities. It was trendy as fuck for a while, but seems to be dying off. People wanting to be special snowflakes.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:

{snip}

Elyse thrives on attention. She'd probably OD if nobody paid attention to her.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Basil means 'King' and it's the best herb there is. It also has the bonus that using it is cultural appropriation and its no doubt sexist as it is not 'Queen'. Win win.

@SN I'll be trying your curry mix next time I make one up. I find most recipes have far too much cinnamon which can ruin it.
I hope you like it. :) You might want to add a lesser amount of cinnamon at first though, in case mine also has too much. Hopefully, the true cinnamon is different enough tasting than the ordinary one, that maybe it won't overwhelm the powder.