Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Crabman

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Crabman »

Oh Peezus it's all really coming down isn't it? They were undone by their own creation.
Brayton wrote:So why am I leaving? Also omnipresent since the start of FTB, as I’m sure you well know, has been controversy. The bloggers here have often gone on crusades and launched battles, most of them necessary and justified.
"Most of them". Right.
Brayton wrote:do not think for one second that this is any kind of victory for you and your vile ilk
Oh but it is. It's a victory for reason over insanity. It's a sign the FTB brand of self-righteous bigotry and harassment collapses under its own volatile mix of poison. It looked for a while there like you would be able to plant these seeds of emotion driven outrage in the rest of the community, I'm very happy and declare absolute victory in the fact that you couldn't even sustain it in your own cesspool.
Brayton wrote:I remain absolutely committed to fighting for equality and justice for women, for the LGBT community, for the black community, and anyone else who finds themselves targeted by bigotry wedded to power.
I know it must shatter your mind, but so do I. And I hope you are successful in your activism and that it promotes real change above hashtag activism and throwing bombs on the internet.

Also I'm glad that your people are predictably starting to take potshots as the door closes behind you in the comments just in case you believed the bullshit you wrote in your own parting post.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Self-important Rorschach chooses now to waggle his self-importance in Peez's face.

http://imgur.com/lawVCrW.png

Your allies, Peez. These are the people you wanted.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

SM12 wrote:It's going to be very hard to edit 'Downfall' now, as even Hitler had some people stay with him to the end - unlike Myers.
He's currently in the gymnasium with Speer, looking at tabletop models of Morris during the 1000 year reich.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

FTB Executive Committee

http://i.imgur.com/jauVVKW.jpg

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

PZ Myers says

August 6, 2015 at 10:01 am

We have discussed the consequences — we’ll be fine. I like the idea that moving Ed to Patheos will improve the quality of that dreary place. The only person over there that I read regularly is Vyckie Garrison, so this will increase their number of interesting godless blogs to 2.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... z3i2mCxmPN
HAHAHAHA

Oh you're so noble, PZ. EVEN NOW you have to get a jab in it at something or someone.

Iceberg? What iceberg?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Crabman wrote: Oh but it is. It's a victory for reason over insanity. It's a sign the FTB brand of self-righteous bigotry and harassment collapses under its own volatile mix of poison. It looked for a while there like you would be able to plant these seeds of emotion driven outrage in the rest of the community, I'm very happy and declare absolute victory in the fact that you couldn't even sustain it in your own cesspool.
This hits the nail on the head. The implosion of FTB is wholly self-inflicted, with virtually no help from the pit (beyond pointing out Avicenna's plagiarism, which I think started the ball rolling).

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Reichsmarschall Brayton wrote: And this decision is also not about money at all
Oh, of course not.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jonathan wrote:
PZ Myers says

We have discussed the consequences — we’ll be fine. I like the idea that moving Ed to Patheos will improve the quality of that dreary place. The only person over there that I read regularly is Vyckie Garrison, so this will increase their number of interesting godless blogs to 2.

HAHAHAHA

Oh you're so noble, PZ. EVEN NOW you have to get a jab in it at something or someone.

Iceberg? What iceberg?
Yeeps! Bitter little man is bitter.
Peez wrote:He’s basically retiring to Patheos, where all the lazy slackers of atheism go to avoid controversy and get money. I can’t blame him. He’s been tortured enough.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... rewell-ed/

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

SM12 wrote:
Guest wrote:Ed Brayton leaves FTB. The rats are deserting the sinking ship.

He casts a parting shot at the slymepit as he goes, which is funny since we are not the people abusing him into leaving.. That would be his "allies".
It is strange to blame the slymepit, because the people at FTB never read anything posted here. Why would they?
So delicious it's got to be fattening.
:P

dogen

Post by dogen »

PZ has a post bidding farewell to Ed:

The money shot:
The rest of us are still here, though, and we’ve got a committee that will be stepping up to take the place of one guy — we hope that will diffuse the attacks, although I’m pretty sure they’ll start ramping up now.
Do I take this to mean that, up until now, the FTB executive committee has consisted solely of Ed?

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Ape+lust wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
PZ Myers says

HAHAHAHA

Iceberg? What iceberg?
Peez wrote:He’s basically retiring to Patheos, where all the lazy slackers of atheism go to avoid controversy and get money. I can’t blame him. He’s been tortured enough.

I can't see that statement going over well at all. Is he trying to get everybody against him and the rest of the Horde? (yes)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:Yeeps! Bitter little man is bitter.

Saving that one.
https://archive.is/q5axh

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Jonathan wrote:46 FOR 8!!!!!
Can someone explain the sports thing

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Archive URL of Peez's farewell to Ed and potshots at Patheos bloggers:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

What else is interesting is that Ed stated that people did not want to work with him due to his association with FTB.

And to be honest with you, if you were working on social justice issues, would you want the attention of the people from FTB coming your way and trying to get on board with your project? Hell no.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Shorter Brayton:

It's not about the money. It's about the money and the fact that I am holier than thou.

Not a quote; a paraphrase.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Anyone else suspect this is the beginning of the end?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Peez says:
Dan Finke replies:
Actual readers of No Longer Quivering know that Vyckie Garrison stopped regularly blogging there years ago.
:clap:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Parody Accountant wrote:
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Credit: http://www.intermain.org.uk/john/what_is_cricket.php (although I recall seeing this when I was a kid, so it's not new)

Parody Accountant

Cnutella wrote:Wotcha, cocks.

It's time for me to decloak after several years of going deep cover in SJW/atheist circles. It took time and patience, but I have been able to uncover quite a few things that I know you're going to be interested in.

1. Something is going on with Ophelia Benson - she's definitely quite upset, and it's to do with transgender people. PZ is pretty mad too.

2. There was a blogger called Avicenna who used to post on FTB but suddenly stopped. I'm not sure why, but I think it's something you guys should look into.

3. There's this Twitter SJW guy called Godfrey Elfwick who thinks Star Wars is racist. Star Wars! Ha ha!
Fuck off. Why did you de cloak now, if you don't mind me asking

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Ape+lust wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
PZ Myers says

HAHAHAHA

Iceberg? What iceberg?

He basically just called him a lazy slacker. WOW. I'm willing to bet the Patheos people have done a lot more in real life for social justice than that self-important toad ever has.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

John Greg wrote:Peez says:
Dan Finke replies:
Actual readers of No Longer Quivering know that Vyckie Garrison stopped regularly blogging there years ago.
BURN.

(We so need a burn emoticon. FT? Anyone?)

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Parody Accountant wrote:
In American English: it's baseball with only two bases and two innings, but you get ten outs per inning. You aim for 300+ runs per inning. When someone says "X for Y," they are saying you got X runs while suffering Y out. Only 46 runs for 8 of your 10 outs is terrible.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLq2sw6WgAAF-4c.png:large

Peezus wept.

Does PZ Myers really not understand that when people talk about his posts about killing Christians and his accusation of rape we're simply applying his own standards to his posts?

Does he really believe that Michael Nugent is accusing him of being a homicidal monster or that we're accusing him of being a rapist? Is he really so lacking in self-awareness and reading skills?
No, he's not. This is literally the first line of Michael's post on Myers' "sexism".
I don’t believe that PZ Myers is sexist.
He then goes on to list some things Myers has done that could be interpreted as sexist. After every instance he includes a line to the effect of "but I don't think this means he's sexist."

It's simply impossible a highly educated person could mistake Nugent's meaning here, which is that Myers should grant the same basic level of charity to others that we grant to him.
Kirbmarc wrote:I refuse to believe he's so stupid. I hope he's using Nugent as a Witch of The Week for the Two Minutes of Hate because many of his commenters are so dense that they can't understand Nugent's post (which are way too long for their standards anyway).

Because if he really believes that Nugent is accusing him of being the things he said it's amazing how he could graduate from high school, let alone get a PhD in Biology.
He knows it's a lie. That's the only reasonable conclusion here. I have more respect for William Lane Craig at this point than I do for Myers. At least Craig thinks he's fighting for something as high stakes as people's immortal souls when he intentionally misrepresents his opponents.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Dan Finke replies:
And PZ responds in turn:
Heh. You may be slow, but you’ll eventually get it.
Basically, he's dousing the rotting stumps of the burned bridge with kerosene, before flicking a match at them. It's the only way to be sure.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Thanks for the links and the fond well-wishes.

Who do I have to blow around here to get the ability to post images? I promise to take it easy on the eel-filled-vagina gifs.

Also, I can't help but notice that according to Ed's goodbye post:
I remain absolutely committed to fighting for equality and justice for women, for the LGBT community, for the black community, and anyone else who finds themselves targeted by bigotry wedded to power.
Great. I bet most people here would applaud that. Where people take issue is with the 'by-any-means-necessary' methods employed, the hypocrisy and zero-sum ideology.

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Ape+lust wrote:Archive URL of Peez's farewell to Ed and potshots at Patheos bloggers:

And rorschach has such a helpful suggestion for Peez:
rorschach wrote:Dissolve it. Start again. Very few core contributors. No more guilt by network association.
Yes, because starting over with the same core loons and a different name will fix everything.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Snapshot that click bait.
https://archive.is/CLxr6
So I can get paid for "emotional support"'? Sweet!

Then I deserve (the price is calculated with an average of $50 per hour, which is relatively cheap as therapy goes, and the number of hour is a conservative estimate):

-at least $1500 in therapy bills from my ex since for when she called me to receive emotional support and advice while we were dating and she was depressed, and the total of hours probably average at the very least around 30 hours.

-at least $500 in therapy bills from my former boss (a woman) because of the pep talks/emotional advice during office breaks (10 minutes long, at least 60 of them)

-at least $2000 in therapy bills from my best friend (also a woman) for listening to her problems and relationship woes for at the very least 40 hours during a period of two years.

And more, more stuff just for being nice to customers, supportive to friends and co-workers, to say nothing of my family.

Pay up, shitlady women-children.

Oh, wait. They also supported me when I was feeling bad, because that's what people s in any kind of emotional relationship do to each other. Unless they are complete cunts who just want money for being there.
Now I have to go dig up those Carrier quotes where he actually goes through the trouble of calculating what he would be paid as a personal chef (because of all those sandwiches he made her) and applies that against the financial support she gave him.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Ape+lust wrote:Archive URL of Peez's farewell to Ed and potshots at Patheos bloggers:

Ohfergawdsake. Revisionist history 101.

Did he read Ed's post - or is his tunnel vision really narrowing to a pinpoint?

Ed mentioned the stress of being faced with legal action because of what others had posted at FTB - apparently more than once. He referred to the fights started and/or continued by bloggers on the network. He said he's been asked to kick bloggers off the network, and if those requests had all come from the Pit he would have said so - it's highly likely those were internal, or perhaps at times by people being hounded by Benson or libeled by Myers. And he said he thinks some ppl have been reluctant to have him associated with their SJ activism due to his affiliation with FTB.

And Myers' take-away is that Brayton is leaving because of how much some low-lifes (looking at least in part at the Pit) hate true social justice?

I don't know why I'm surprised, but it's sad and kind of horrifying to see how deep Myers is in the trench he has dug.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Hmmm. Interesting that Shermertron's blog is the first result when googling "Shermertron" "richard carrier". I'd have thought Carrier's blog would show up first, given the higher pageviews (or DOES it have higher pageviews???), but I don't know exactly how the algorithm works. My browsing history could be skewing the results.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Parody Accountant wrote: Fuck off. Why did you de cloak now, if you don't mind me asking
I'm moving to Patheos.

I figured it was time to sign up in case FTB rolls over and dies and this place loses its reason to exist. Also, I have an image to share which I can't post as a guest.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Bye Ed! Don't let the hangar door hit your ginormous arse on the way out, you fat twat. :D

Don't forget folks - the founder of FTB has just left the network he created, but they're the ones who are winning. Yup! They're the ones who are on the right of history. Oh indeedy!

Also, this -
That frequent stress has also begun to affect my health. I have two autoimmune disorders that are triggered by stress and I have come to the conclusion that it would be better for my health, both physical and mental, to get out of the crucible and be responsible only for myself and my own words and actions.
Yeah. And I'd recommend maybe getting a stationary bike while you're at it, too. Perhaps cut out a cow or two from your diet as well. Get a dog (not to eat, Ed) so you have a good reason to go out and have a nice long walk. I mean, I dunno Ed, but I have a real feeling these things will help your general health and wellbeing more than you can ever know.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Rorschach has some inspiring words for Ed:
Let’s be clear here Ed, if you leave FtB the whole thing blows. Has this been discussed ? I hate the way FtB has gone recently but I also think it still has an important role to play.

I love Dana and will always read PZ, but if you leave it’s going to be a different network, if one at all.

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:What else is interesting is that Ed stated that people did not want to work with him due to his association with FTB.

And to be honest with you, if you were working on social justice issues, would you want the attention of the people from FTB coming your way and trying to get on board with your project? Hell no.
The tables really have turned haven't they? Just a couple of years ago Loftus was pressured to dump Vacula from SkepticInk if he wanted to continue to get gigs. Now Brayton has to flee FfTB for the same reason. I can almost believe in karma.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Also, looks like Brive gets the Randi prize. He saw that something big was coming. Or rather, going. :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Cnutella wrote:Wotcha, cocks.

It's time for me to decloak after several years of going deep cover in SJW/atheist circles. It took time and patience, but I have been able to uncover quite a few things that I know you're going to be interested in.

1. Something is going on with Ophelia Benson - she's definitely quite upset, and it's to do with transgender people. PZ is pretty mad too.

2. There was a blogger called Avicenna who used to post on FTB but suddenly stopped. I'm not sure why, but I think it's something you guys should look into.

3. There's this Twitter SJW guy called Godfrey Elfwick who thinks Star Wars is racist. Star Wars! Ha ha!
Fuck off. Why did you de cloak now, if you don't mind me asking
Ed is retiring from the FTB network.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Sulman wrote:Anyone else suspect this is the beginning of the end?
More like the ending of the end.

Most of the SJWs I know on youtube don't like FTB.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ERV wrote:AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
+ a million

katamari Damassi

Billie from Ockham wrote:
In American English: it's baseball with only two bases and two innings, but you get ten outs per inning. You aim for 300+ runs per inning. When someone says "X for Y," they are saying you got X runs while suffering Y out. Only 46 runs for 8 of your 10 outs is terrible.
I'm American and I've never heard of this. I like it. It sounds like baseball with the boredom removed. Now if they would incorporate those tight stirrup pants back into their uniforms like they had in the early 80's I could become a fan again.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

SM12 wrote:
ERV wrote:AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
It's brilliant. He's complaining that he was asked to throw some people off the network.

Yes, it is stressful having to live up to some ethical standards. He tried his best not to, but eventually even Ed Brayton had to throw people off his network because of their behaviour.
He hasn't thrown anyone off. He's run before having to do the ethical thing. Avicenna forced his hand and he devolved responsibility to the FtB executive committee, who are conspicuous by their absence in this latest drama.
But this is no kind of victory for a vile asshole like me.
:dance:

James Caruthers

Cnutella wrote:Thanks for the links and the fond well-wishes.

Who do I have to blow around here to get the ability to post images? I promise to take it easy on the eel-filled-vagina gifs.

Also, I can't help but notice that according to Ed's goodbye post:
I remain absolutely committed to fighting for equality and justice for women, for the LGBT community, for the black community, and anyone else who finds themselves targeted by bigotry wedded to power.
Great. I bet most people here would applaud that. Where people take issue is with the 'by-any-means-necessary' methods employed, the hypocrisy and zero-sum ideology.
To be fair (and a SJW cunt as usual :dance: ), there are some people here who oppose those ideals for various reasons. The Slymepit features folks like myself and kirbmarc who mostly object to the toxic methods of online SJWism, but support some of the ideals. But we also have many other people here and some are opposed to social justice in all its forms (not that they are bigoted-they have rationales for this), or they favor the manosphere, or feel a kinship with volkisch iron pillism, or are atheist conservatives, or maybe libertarians with socially moderate positions.

Some here don't believe the black community/LGBT community is particularly mistreated or oppressed, and the same for women.

It really just depends on the individual you talk to. I'm always surprised by the range of opinions here.

I think it's possible to engage a range of opinions as long as you're not fostering a toxic asshole environment. Even someone who you feel is a racist or sexist can engage in good faith and have a productive conversation (sometimes). True racists, sexists and other bigots inevitably expose themselves in their own words.

I've left many comments (for example) on SJW pages discussing flaws in Anita Sarkeesian's interpretations of video games, and inevitably my comments are received favorably by SJWs. These SJWs are more than willing to talk about flaws as long as I'm not being a fucking dick, insulting Anita constantly, accusing her of crimes and sperging out over her daring to have an opinion.

FTB encourages a toxic dogpile and vitriolic witch-hunt. Even many SJWs don't like that shit because it's obnoxious and juvenile.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Time-out from the Braydon bombshell for one-last thought on Elyse Anders' slut manifesto:

It's not our business that you get drunk and fuck a lot.

It's our business that you get drunk, fuck, then accuse the men who fucked you of rape... a lot.

James Caruthers

Service Dog wrote:Time-out from the Braydon bombshell for one-last thought on Elyse Anders' slut manifesto:

It's not our business that you get drunk and fuck a lot.

It's our business that you get drunk, fuck, then accuse the men who fucked you of rape... a lot.
If Honeybanders had a cucking fetish, it would explain so much.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Oolon pops in at Brayton's to needle PZ:

[quote][/
oolon says

August 6, 2015 at 10:44 am

I read “Love, joy, feminism” over at Patheos and it’s good, Daylight Atheism also has it’s moments. Although I’m sure they were overlooked to troll JT and Fincke into a butthurt reaction, achievement unlocked.

So that’s 3 blogs I’ll likely regularly read over there, although I hear Matthew Facciani is also starting over there soon. So 4 blogs and it will start to rival FTB for my time as blogs over here drop out of the reading list.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... z3i2zFmAKs
quote]

He's clearly decided which way the wind is blowing...

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Bugger. Quote fail.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Wild Zontargs wrote:

rorschach wrote:Dissolve it. Start again. Very few core contributors. No more guilt by network association.
Yes, because starting over with the same core loons and a different name will fix everything.
PZ's response:
Getting rid of people is a violation of the basic principle we set up here: we wanted diverse writers who are supportive of social justice, even if sometimes we disagree with them and we drive each other crazy. For the old white guy to decide to cast out them uppity kids…jeez. No. Not going to happen. We must set aside our biases to provide a home for many different voices.
Let's ask Jamila Bey how that worked out for her.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Jonathan wrote:Oolon pops in at Brayton's to needle PZ:
oolon says

August 6, 2015 at 10:44 am

I read “Love, joy, feminism” over at Patheos and it’s good, Daylight Atheism also has it’s moments. Although I’m sure they were overlooked to troll JT and Fincke into a butthurt reaction, achievement unlocked.

So that’s 3 blogs I’ll likely regularly read over there, although I hear Matthew Facciani is also starting over there soon. So 4 blogs and it will start to rival FTB for my time as blogs over here drop out of the reading list.

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... z3i2zFmAKs
He's clearly decided which way the wind is blowing...
Not difficult to do, when you're standing downwind of Ed.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Yeah, baseball for adults, intelligent people, and people with a certain class about them. :dance:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Parody Accountant wrote:
Cricket.
Basically you have two teams.
Each team consists of one "Vendor" which is decided beforehand by a coin toss from the opposing teams "Spotcher" (Unless it's a league game in which case all vendors are decided by vote and also become "strident" which puts allows them to use a technique known as "drop ball" in later matches).
After that it's time to set places. "Brandishers" are placed at random points around the field but must be placed opposite any opposing "Clegman" otherwise it's instant disqualification.
Other players must be placed in advantage or remain as substitutes until they "witness" twelve points.
The first team to throw first is whichever one "tapped the mat" (basically this the team's annual aggregate score divided by the number of remaining players left after "Fettling Stage" in the previous game).
A ball thrower, known as a "chuckler" tosses the ball towards any opposing player with advantage who then attempts to "defend" by either hitting the ball or "calling the line" using sight ONLY. Points are earned by successful defence but the player scoring must be withing 3 feet of a Brandisher from the opposing side.

You still following?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:
deLurch wrote:What else is interesting is that Ed stated that people did not want to work with him due to his association with FTB.

The tables really have turned haven't they? Just a couple of years ago Loftus was pressured to dump Vacula from SkepticInk if he wanted to continue to get gigs. Now Brayton has to flee FfTB for the same reason. I can almost believe in karma.
Eh, you play by the sword, you die by the sword.

Then again, I don't necessarily know how much blame from FTB I would throw at Ed's feet. He set up a freeish speech network for social justice bloggers, which in theory should just be all fine and great. Unfortunately he ended up attracting Social Justice Warriors instead of people working for social justice.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Yeah, and look what happened (or didn't happen) to Loftus. I've never heard of him since. Shows what happens when you don't stand your corner against the Baboons and FTBullies...

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

dogen wrote:
Wild Zontargs wrote:

PZ's response:
Getting rid of people is a violation of the basic principle we set up here: we wanted diverse writers who are supportive of social justice, even if sometimes we disagree with them and we drive each other crazy. For the old white guy to decide to cast out them uppity kids…jeez. No. Not going to happen. We must set aside our biases to provide a home for many different voices.
Let's ask Jamila Bey how that worked out for her.
Plus, his refusal to assert editorial privilege now leaves him with himself, maybe Greta, and then a whole slew of 3rd string weirdos. There might be 10s of people in the world who regularly ask themselves, "I wonder what Ashley Miller's take on xxxx is".

Whatever Peez's original aspirations, he now has a network that hosted Alex Gabriel's FUCK OFF letters to his mom and grandma, Zinnia Jones' fiance's FUCK OFF letter to her future mother-in-law, and Dana Hunter's just-give-me-one-more-reason FUCK OFF letter to her best friend and employer for a travesty involving a TV remote. This is the work that Peez deems more important than what happens at Patheos.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jonathan wrote:
Dan Finke replies:
BURN.

(We so need a burn emoticon. FT? Anyone?)
He must regularly read all her old posts.
L
O
L

Parody Accountant

Jonathan wrote:
PZ Myers says

HAHAHAHA

Iceberg? What iceberg?
Someone should mention to pz that he didn't make ed ' s short list of bloggers at ftb still worth reading.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
L
O
L
It's awesome that Vyckie Garrison just HAPPENS to be someone he saw LAST WEEK at Gateway to Reason and was the first Patheos person who came to mind.

Such a clown.

Parody Accountant

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:
Thanks

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Really? wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
L
O
L
It's awesome that Vyckie Garrison just HAPPENS to be someone he saw LAST WEEK at Gateway to Reason and was the first Patheos person who came to mind.

Such a clown.
Such a very obvious clown.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

That frequent stress has also begun to affect my health. I have two autoimmune disorders that are triggered by stress and I have come to the conclusion that it would be better for my health, both physical and mental, to get out of the crucible and be responsible only for myself and my own words and actions.
He really should have consulted with Melody Hensley before leaving. He appears unaware that getting or exacerbating a disorder by participating on the web is reason to stay home and continue cashing the checks, not quit your job.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:To be fair (and a SJW cunt as usual :dance: ),
Sorry dude. You lost your SJW card when you decided it is OK to talk and discuss issues with people. At best we can call you a Social Justice Advocate.
James Caruthers wrote:But we also have many other people here and some are opposed to social justice in all its forms (not that they are bigoted-they have rationales for this), or they favor the manosphere, or feel a kinship with volkisch iron pillism, or are atheist conservatives, or maybe libertarians with socially moderate positions.
...someone here really feels kinship for volkisch iron pillism? I though we just thought it was funny and were laughing about it.