Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
deLurch wrote: Holy fuck. She is staying on for the money. She is literally putting up with all that shit for money.
Basically, then, Ophelia's just found out what's it's like to have a job. No wonder she's complaining. :lol:
#GiveYourMoneyToOphelia!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:Benson claims she still wants to hit the road, but has been strongly urged to hold off. Starting a Patreon account instead...

https://archive.is/yx9si
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ce-status/
My god - the comments!

So Tweeaboo's there, and now he's saying he's gonna leave FTB too. Then in marches Worzel Gummidge - Chris Clarke - and he gives Tweeaboo a right ticking off for being a cis-man who's lecturing a woman about trans issues. Tweeaboo promptly retorts that he's not gonna listen to Clarke because - get this - Chris Clarke is a cis-man too!

Holy fucking shit. These are supposed to be adults, remember. The epitome of the utterly, abjectly pathetic, right there.
Update: https://archive.is/vkws4

Also, love these:
obcccv.jpg
(18.7 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
obmeme.jpg
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Could the self-delusion get any grander?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Dunno if any of you have seen this.
http://www.vice.com/read/give-your-mone ... simple-284
Can't believe it's not satire to be honest.
Click bait.
I make a point of avoiding Vice and Rawstory. They're like SJW troll sites.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dolores Fuller wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Dunno if any of you have seen this.
http://www.vice.com/read/give-your-mone ... simple-284

Can't believe it's not satire to be honest.
I am excedely sad to say it is real.
Lauren Chief Elk is a very unpleasant person as are her cronies
The first few tweets she uses are spot on,but they are "slime". At least there is some pushback in the comments.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

From Benson's post:
Ophelia Benson says
August 4, 2015 at 8:41 am
Cat Mara @ 5 – thank you. Yes, that “regurgitates” made me want to punch a wall. Right, that’s what I do, I see stuff and then I regurgitate it, kind of like a snipping tool.
<chortle>

katamari Damassi

Lsuoma wrote:
Guest wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:Benson claims she still wants to hit the road, but has been strongly urged to hold off. Starting a Patreon account instead...
She really is a piece of work. Remember when she stood up courageously in support of her fellow FTBlogger Jamila Bay?

No? Me neither.
Yeah, she really, Really REALLY wants to leave, doesn't she?

Yes, she is a piece of work. A fucking ringpiece.
I'm tempted to help her leave by pledging to her Patreon. I can't promise I'll stay a subscriber though.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ninja'd

katamari Damassi

Tigzy wrote:
deLurch wrote: Holy fuck. She is staying on for the money. She is literally putting up with all that shit for money.
Basically, then, Ophelia's just found out what's it's like to have a job. No wonder she's complaining. :lol:
:clap:

Post by Guest »

Anyone wonder which of us (15) guests is Thimbledick?

Post by Guest »

i.imgur.com/l1cnqhZ.png
Chris Clarke says
August 4, 2015 at 9:32 am
Jason, through this whole thing you’ve been a cis man intervening in a fight between two groups that are oppressed by cis men. The same would be true if you took the diametrically opposed position. It’s obnoxious and harmful to both groups. Not to mention to cis men of conscience.

Jason Thibeault says
August 4, 2015 at 9:51 am
So what?! So that’s the problem! That that sentence you “put badly” is a large part of the problem trans folk appear to have with you! If you think it’s bizarre and creepy to tell you WHY specific actions have raised certain folks’ hackles, then so be it. I’m bizarre and creepy for telling you why people are upset.
If a single trans person tells me to back down on this, I will, Chris. But to have another cis man tell me I’m doing it wrong when I am underscoring the arguments I’ve seen from trans folk, doing so because I’m placed closely enough that they might get through to Ophelia, that strikes me as blinkered. If you think I’m attacking, obnoxious, harmful to trans folk, that’s certainly not my intent and if anyone better placed within the group that’s upset is willing to tell me to stop, I’ll stop advocating for them. I never want to talk over anyone who otherwise has a marginalized voice.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Christ:
Jason Thibeault says
August 4, 2015 at 11:03 am
Yes, I really thought you might see those tweets as not attacking. Maybe I didn’t realize just exactly how impossible it is to fix an ongoing problem with someone who’s clearly in full siege mentality mode. I should have taken lessons from your fights with Dillahunty, Shermer and Dawkins.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Am I mistaken? Maybe it's just semantics. In any case, I'm no expert, and what little I know about this stuff comes mainly from Taylor and Wheeler, Lev Okun, and Matt Strassler (whose site I linked to above).
I'm not ignoring your question; I'm just unqualified to answer.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface wrote:From Benson's post:
Ophelia Benson says
August 4, 2015 at 8:41 am
Cat Mara @ 5 – thank you. Yes, that “regurgitates” made me want to punch a wall. Right, that’s what I do, I see stuff and then I regurgitate it, kind of like a snipping tool.
<chortle>
You know that pro-trans advocates could get a hell of a lot of mileage out of the whole 90% of her articles are all copy & paste anyway. I just don't have the heart to kick her when she is down. Even if she remains fully without self awareness as to why she has hit rock bottom.

CuntajusRationality

This thread is moving pretty quick, with Ophelia and Canuck continuing their slap-fight.

Another archive up through comment 84: https://archive.is/ZioD4

Billie from Ockham

Guestus Aurelius wrote:*flying apart in opposite directions with equal |momentum|
Massless things can't have any momentum, that much I do know.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Comment 84:
Jason Thibeault:

You know who else painted all disagreement as harassment? Dawkins and Shermer and their defenders. It cuts both ways.
Bloody hell. As historical revisionism goes, that is fucking spectacular. I'm actually tempted to applaud.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I know I'm sort of ninjaed, but this is such an interesting schaedenfreudian (or however that should be spelled) event, that, well, I can't even....

More spell binding blindness to one's own actions and behaviours can be witnessed by watching Jason Thibeault (LousyCanuck) trying to defned himself against Ophie and her supporters, all the while continuing his attack against her while wailing I'm not attacking; I'm not attacking.

I have never in my long life witnessed such extraordinary and brilliaintly blatant lack of self-awareness as is so often on view at FTB, and particularily so perfectly expressed by Ophie and Canuck while fighting each other. Truly spell binding; truly extraordinary; truly sociopathic. They are both exhibiting, percectly and precisely the kind of idiot behaviour the Pit has been exposing for several years now, and doing it straight at each other without a moment's awareness. Blithering numbskulls of roastytoasty stupidity ... I reallyreallyreally can't even ... at all....

Ultimately, they are finally being inescapabley trapped in the net of their dogmatic ideological creation. Suits you well, ya bunch of sociopaths; suits you well. Talk about hoisted by one's own petard! Sheesh.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... nt-1464816

And: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ce-status/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest wrote:i.imgur.com/l1cnqhZ.png
Chris Clarke says
August 4, 2015 at 9:32 am
Jason, through this whole thing you’ve been a cis man intervening in a fight between two groups that are oppressed by cis men. The same would be true if you took the diametrically opposed position. It’s obnoxious and harmful to both groups. Not to mention to cis men of conscience.

Jason Thibeault says
August 4, 2015 at 9:51 am
So what?! So that’s the problem! That that sentence you “put badly” is a large part of the problem trans folk appear to have with you! If you think it’s bizarre and creepy to tell you WHY specific actions have raised certain folks’ hackles, then so be it. I’m bizarre and creepy for telling you why people are upset.
If a single trans person tells me to back down on this, I will, Chris. But to have another cis man tell me I’m doing it wrong when I am underscoring the arguments I’ve seen from trans folk, doing so because I’m placed closely enough that they might get through to Ophelia, that strikes me as blinkered. If you think I’m attacking, obnoxious, harmful to trans folk, that’s certainly not my intent and if anyone better placed within the group that’s upset is willing to tell me to stop, I’ll stop advocating for them. I never want to talk over anyone who otherwise has a marginalized voice.
All Chris has to do is to say that he identifies as a woman and in theory, he should win this argument.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CuntajusRationality wrote:http://i.imgur.com/xmA4qCX.jpg
I don't think he realises the phrase 'cuts both ways' cuts both ways.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John Greg wrote:I have never in my long life witnessed such extraordinary and brilliaintly blatant lack of self-awareness as is so often on view at FTB, and particularily so perfectly expressed by Ophie and Canuck while fighting each other. Truly spell binding; truly extraordinary; truly sociopathic. They are both exhibiting, percectly and precisely the kind of idiot behaviour the Pit has been exposing for several years now, and doing it straight at each other without a moment's awareness. Blithering numbskulls of roastytoasty stupidity ... I reallyreallyreally can't even ... at all....
This almost makes up for the disappointment of True Detective Season 2

CuntajusRationality

John Greg wrote:I know I'm sort of ninjaed, but this is such an interesting schaedenfreudian (or however that should be spelled) event, that, well, I can't even....

More spell binding blindness to one's own actions and behaviours can be witnessed by watching Jason Thibeault (LousyCanuck) trying to defned himself against Ophie and her supporters, all the while continuing his attack against her while wailing I'm not attacking; I'm not attacking.

I have never in my long life witnessed such extraordinary and brilliaintly blatant lack of self-awareness as is so often on view at FTB, and particularily so perfectly expressed by Ophie and Canuck while fighting each other. Truly spell binding; truly extraordinary; truly sociopathic. They are both exhibiting, percectly and precisely the kind of idiot behaviour the Pit has been exposing for several years now, and doing it straight at each other without a moment's awareness. Blithering numbskulls of roastytoasty stupidity ... I reallyreallyreally can't even ... at all....

Ultimately, they are finally being inescapabley trapped in the net of their dogmatic ideological creation. Suits you well, ya bunch of sociopaths; suits you well. Talk about hoisted by one's own petard! Sheesh.

https://worldduh.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =683&h=384

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Read this.
http://thetab.com/uk/leeds/2015/08/03/l ... ines-17684

Some highlights for the clickphobic:
A Leeds graduate claims she was thrown out of a gay club and verbally abused after complaining to the DJ who played Blurred Lines.
.....Georgia wrote a note on a phone to the DJ saying: “‘I know you want it’ are the exact words my rapist said to me before he raped me. I don’t want to hear this shit.”
Shockingly, the grad says the DJ called over the microphone: “Fuck off you silly bitch.”
Following the incident Georgia went to stand outside the club, reeling from what had been said.
When they tried to re-enter the club, 23-year old Georgia claims they were told by bouncers the DJ had advised neither her nor her friend were allowed back in the club.
Georgia said: “I was in disbelief that I was being thrown out of a club for telling the DJ I was raped"
Noah lodged a complaint to the management of Queen’s Court and received an email confirming they were aware of the incident.
But Noah and Georgia are still unhappy. Noah said: “The manager didn’t even use the right pronouns for Georgia”.

Georgia identifies as “gender non-conforming” and prefers to use both “she and “they” pronouns, adding: “Noah as far as I know identifies as non-binary”.
Georgia now wants disciplinary action to be taken against the DJ, and for Blurred Lines to be banned from the club “because it triggers so many women and people assigned female who go there”.
Most of the comments are a good read. This one in particular stood out
Mooj CAVE • 14 hours ago
Oh dear Christ. She said she wanted to give the DJ a "notion of what it felt like to be raped." Why? Because "I know you want it" -- something I say to my dog when offering her a treat -- also happens to be something some rapists might say? If her rapist wore flannel, would she try to make anybody wearing flannel "know what it feels like to be raped".

Her behavior is an utterly disgusting, provocative piece of garbage, indicative of the passive-aggressive and cover-aggressive behavior of the abuser-disguised-as-victim. Her own statement was to give somebody the notion of what it "felt like to get raped" -- so goddamned presumptuous that the DJ had never been sexually assaulted or raped themselves.

That's not to mention the pathetic walking back of the statement, that she was "kicked out for saying she was raped." What a farce. She was kicked out for implying that a DJ was a rape sympathizer for no reason other than a meaningless mental association she made.

To anybody who's been abused, something, somewhere, will remind them of that mistreatment. Should people raised by abusive mothers walk into shops and demand that cards for mum be pulled because they're "triggering" them? The world would come to a stand still as every person, guilty or not, bent over backwards to do nothing to remind people of victimization. One of those abusive mothers raised me -- I was abused on Earth, where Leeds is -- and where you work. Perhaps I should push cigarettes into your arm so you know how you're "triggering" me. Or perhaps I should just go live on Mars, or the Moon.

The absolute icing on the cake is this prissy line from the article: “The manager didn’t even use the right pronouns for Georgia” ... "Georgia identifies as “gender non-conforming” and prefers to use both “she and “they” pronouns"

And yet when I look at the email the manager sent, I see those very she/her pronouns in the article. The manager used the right pronouns but "victimized" them -- never mind that despite the manager being admittedly completely correct in using "she/her" pronouns, it also relies on the management being a mind-reader.

That prissy entitlement is only topped off by this line: “Noah as far as I know identifies as non-binary”.

The two friends who know each other and send emails on each other's behalf half to disclaim their statements on their own friend's gender identity with the term "as far as I know", and yet the manager who knows neither Georgia nor Noah is supposed to be a magic mindreader -- no "as far as I know Georgia uses she/her" for the person who doesn't know them. Strangers require certainty, anything less is victimizing them.

That you and your ilk swallow such poisonous twaddle is absurd. I have seen entitlement before, I have lived under that dictator-as-persecuted, abuser-as-victim thumb for longer than I'd like to remember, but the sheer level of arrogance and personal entitlement embodied in this generation demanding special catering and entitlement is astounding, and goes well beyond anything I endured.

The only thing I can take to heart from this, the only thing that gives me comfort, is that people like you and Georgia and Noah and all the rest of the whiners are so reliant on your specific method of abuse -- demanding your parent-surrogates rush to your rescue -- that when you create a generation where everybody is a grown infant, there'll be no parent-surrogates left, so incapable are you of executing your deranged tyrannies on your own

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ha, I was going to quote that here too. It's quite something isn't it?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Badger3k wrote:Most of the comments are a good read. This one in particular stood out
Mooj CAVE • 14 hours ago
Oh dear Christ. She said she wanted to give the DJ a "notion of what it felt like to be raped." Why? Because "I know you want it" -- something I say to my dog when offering her a treat -- also happens to be something some rapists might say? If her rapist wore flannel, would she try to make anybody wearing flannel "know what it feels like to be raped".

Her behavior is an utterly disgusting, provocative piece of garbage, indicative of the passive-aggressive and cover-aggressive behavior of the abuser-disguised-as-victim. Her own statement was to give somebody the notion of what it "felt like to get raped" -- so goddamned presumptuous that the DJ had never been sexually assaulted or raped themselves.

That's not to mention the pathetic walking back of the statement, that she was "kicked out for saying she was raped." What a farce. She was kicked out for implying that a DJ was a rape sympathizer for no reason other than a meaningless mental association she made.

To anybody who's been abused, something, somewhere, will remind them of that mistreatment. Should people raised by abusive mothers walk into shops and demand that cards for mum be pulled because they're "triggering" them? The world would come to a stand still as every person, guilty or not, bent over backwards to do nothing to remind people of victimization. One of those abusive mothers raised me -- I was abused on Earth, where Leeds is -- and where you work. Perhaps I should push cigarettes into your arm so you know how you're "triggering" me. Or perhaps I should just go live on Mars, or the Moon.

The absolute icing on the cake is this prissy line from the article: “The manager didn’t even use the right pronouns for Georgia” ... "Georgia identifies as “gender non-conforming” and prefers to use both “she and “they” pronouns"

And yet when I look at the email the manager sent, I see those very she/her pronouns in the article. The manager used the right pronouns but "victimized" them -- never mind that despite the manager being admittedly completely correct in using "she/her" pronouns, it also relies on the management being a mind-reader.

That prissy entitlement is only topped off by this line: “Noah as far as I know identifies as non-binary”.

The two friends who know each other and send emails on each other's behalf half to disclaim their statements on their own friend's gender identity with the term "as far as I know", and yet the manager who knows neither Georgia nor Noah is supposed to be a magic mindreader -- no "as far as I know Georgia uses she/her" for the person who doesn't know them. Strangers require certainty, anything less is victimizing them.

That you and your ilk swallow such poisonous twaddle is absurd. I have seen entitlement before, I have lived under that dictator-as-persecuted, abuser-as-victim thumb for longer than I'd like to remember, but the sheer level of arrogance and personal entitlement embodied in this generation demanding special catering and entitlement is astounding, and goes well beyond anything I endured.

The only thing I can take to heart from this, the only thing that gives me comfort, is that people like you and Georgia and Noah and all the rest of the whiners are so reliant on your specific method of abuse -- demanding your parent-surrogates rush to your rescue -- that when you create a generation where everybody is a grown infant, there'll be no parent-surrogates left, so incapable are you of executing your deranged tyrannies on your own
Thanks. I needed a little bit of hope for humanity.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Oh come on, Lsuoma. You can't even give me your counter-argument? This is like some sort of "la, la, la, I'm not listening, la, la, la". That's twice I've brought it up, and you won't even discuss it at all.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Jason Thibeault says

August 4, 2015 at 12:16 pm

@88: I meant “leaving the network”. Since everyone seems content with the frame that I’m after Ophelia’s head, I’d rather put my own head on the chopping block.
What a selfless martyr.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Porn:

Once again, echoing PZ Myers...

"the Internet community of atheists is racked with these paroxysms of argument over, of all things, the status of women. We’re trying to decide whether women are" allowed to be "fuck toys and eye candy for the privileged white men, or whether we are colleagues together in this movement", and porn should be banned.

The very definition of feminism is "the radical notion that women are people" who should never ever be fuck toys or eye candy for privileged white men... aka, "the patriarchy". So ban it.

It's as simple as that.

'But! but! but!' the hyperskeptics say, what about the women who =choose= to make and consume porn?!

That but-but-but is a strawman's butt. The women who choose to favor porn are, in the words of Stephanie Zvan, traitors:

"How do you know whether you’re a chill girl? Simple. Is your reaction to complaints from other women of harassment and discrimination based on gender to turn to the guys and say, “Nah, I’m fine. It’s all cool”? Then you’re a chill girl."

Which side are you on?

It's no secret that I enjoy women as eye-candy, and refuse to avert my male gaze.
Even better: I not-only use women as fuck toys. I =only= use women as fuck toys. Not men, children, nor cephalopods.

Being a slymepitter requires no elaborate 'splaining to reconcile oppressing women using my eyes, spanking arm, and penis-- and using the tiny keyboard on my phone screen-- to oppress the entire SJW intersectional spectrum by blathering about wrestling and funny political gossip.

You're either with us or or against us.

Helpless Victim:
http://thetrendguys.com/wp-content/uplo ... ture-9.jpg

Chill Girl:
http://www.wrestlingrevealed.com/images ... rousey.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Steersman wrote::-) You mean to the hack that the FT, in his "capricious wisdom", has done? While that is somewhat amusing, particularly given the context here, I rather doubt it would fly on Twitter.
Altering people's profiles, and setting auto-changes to words and phrases, is far too close to the editing that the FfTBs do to people's comments, etc.

Fun's fun, but I don't think it should continue. It really does look as though YOU STEERSMAN have chosen that avatar for yourself. It's not even an 'in-joke' since we get new readers all the time, and most will also think that YOU chose that avatar.

Re auto-changes to various words and phrases: We don't even have any sort of list to know which words are forbidden - the ones that Lsuoma has set to autochange to other words and phrases. Forbidden words!!! Here at the Pit!!! Who'd have thunk that we'd do such a thing here.

Joke's over. Changing people's words and profiles should be off limits. Who do you think you are, Lsuoma, PZ on a de-vowelling binge?
Thanks Scented, most appreciated. And to those who weighed in for back up support.

Love the dynamic here though - the FT more or less reigns supreme, but it's not an absolute power - he is still kind of subject to, and responds to, the "will of the people" - so to speak. Democracy in action. :-)

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Lauren Chief Elk looks kinda hot. If she wants men to give her money I think she knows what to do.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thibeault really does seem to have a whole whiny, whipping-boy martydom complex going on. It's bizarre to watch. "I'll take the hit! For the network! I'm a good little ally oh yes I am, aren't I precious... I mean Peezus."

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Steersman wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Steersman wrote::-) You mean to the hack that the FT, in his "capricious wisdom", has done? While that is somewhat amusing, particularly given the context here, I rather doubt it would fly on Twitter.
Altering people's profiles, and setting auto-changes to words and phrases, is far too close to the editing that the FfTBs do to people's comments, etc.

Fun's fun, but I don't think it should continue. It really does look as though YOU STEERSMAN have chosen that avatar for yourself. It's not even an 'in-joke' since we get new readers all the time, and most will also think that YOU chose that avatar.

Re auto-changes to various words and phrases: We don't even have any sort of list to know which words are forbidden - the ones that Lsuoma has set to autochange to other words and phrases. Forbidden words!!! Here at the Pit!!! Who'd have thunk that we'd do such a thing here.

Joke's over. Changing people's words and profiles should be off limits. Who do you think you are, Lsuoma, PZ on a de-vowelling binge?
Thanks Scented, most appreciated. And to those who weighed in for back up support.

Love the dynamic here though - the FT more or less reigns supreme, but it's not an absolute power - he is still kind of subject to, and responds to, the "will of the people" - so to speak. Democracy in action. :-)
Hey, your REAL avatar's back! :)

Crabman

Post by Crabman »

Oglebart wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:i.imgur.com/xmA4qCX.jpg
Ha, I was going to quote that here too. It's quite something isn't it?
Stunning. One wonders if there is a realization just teetering at the edge of consciousness for all of them right now?

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the backchannel.

katamari Damassi

Is today "Opposite Day"?

some guy

Post by some guy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:*flying apart in opposite directions with equal |momentum|
Yes they can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy%E2 ... m_relation

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Hey, at least Ophelia has an excellent pre-existing presence on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/search?q=ophelia+benson

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

He's ready to leave, but he can't.

http://imgur.com/v7LVXt9.png

She's ready to leave, but she can't.

We've got a standoff. Or a couple of bullshitters.

And what's this about Zvan trash talking Ophelia on Facebook? Anyone seen that?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

If someone has a burnable account on FTB, tell Ophelia that people are trying to find her Patreon account, but all we find are videos by Noel Plum.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Scented Nectar wrote:Who'd have thunk that we'd do such a thing here.

"Thunk" = "thought". I blame my mother. I grew up thinking that 'thunk' was a valid past tense of 'think'. Some habits die hard.
Internet sez "Who'd a thunk it?" was coined by ventriloquist Edgar Bergen, who also coined the term "Duh."

[youtube]DyE-2Mdhy8s[/youtube]

If I recall correctly, Timothy Leary used the term "thunk" to describe a bad-idea a malignant thought, which nonetheless sticks-around and propagates.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ape+lust wrote:He's ready to leave, but he can't.
Hey folks. That is it. I am going to leave the slyme pit!

Billie from Ockham

some guy wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Yes they can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy%E2 ... m_relation
If I come back with "radiant momentum isn't really momentum" will you use this as a proof that I'm a TERF?

katamari Damassi

The rest of the FTB bloggers must be feeling left out. I can't wait for the Cowntess to get in on this action.
I too am thinking of leaving FTB. Don't try and talk me out of it. I'm gone.

Just as soon as I can get things worked out. I'm outta here. Don't try and stop me!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube]0HDdjwpPM3Y[/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lousy has frozen my peach. :cry: I attempted to engage Giliell in meta discussion on the social construction thread and he just left me in moderation:
Giliell, professional cynic -Ilk- says

August 3, 2015 at 7:18 am CDT

There’S also ample evidence that the more “enlightened” and “rational” people believe themselves, the more biased their decisions are. And I’m not only talking about the mountain of anecoted we’ve collected here within the last years where very “rational” people spewed horrible things and then claimed they were simply right because they didn’t “have prejudice”.
I man sociological studies where you can correlate self-description with how biased hireing decisions are for example.
If you are honest and aware of biases and prejudices you might reexamine your own decisions. If you believe your decisions are “colourblind” and “genderblind” you end up hreing white men and believe that’s a meritocracy.

abear says

August 3, 2015 at 4:37 pm CDT

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Giliell @18: I had always suspected you never really believe the stuff you write.
Or am I wrong and in fact you are biased and prejudiced?

Read more: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... z3hsGT3AIS
Fuck you Lousy you peach freezing pro-tranny anti-granny scumbag.

katamari Damassi

deLurch wrote:
[youtube]UVznerpOkTI[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

When was the last time "big things" were happening for Thimbledick? He hardly even posts anymore.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:
deLurch wrote:
[youtube]UVznerpOkTI[/youtube]
I am waiting on a reply to an email first. But really, I am leaving any minute now.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

http://deadcurious.com/wp-content/uploa ... andoff.jpg

Mrs. White (Hair) vs. Mr. Pink(y but not the Brain)

Shoop?

By the way, I found this quote. Today it will be called microaggression and shitlordism by a "colorblind wanker"
Bob Marley wrote:If you're white and you're wrong, then you're wrong; if you're black and you're wrong, you're wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green - God make no rules about color; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.
Bob Marley was a covert white supremacist Patriarch!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

katamari Damassi wrote:

When was the last time "big things" were happening for Thimbledick? He hardly even posts anymore.
Perhaps the second one is finally about to drop.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
John Greg wrote:I know I'm sort of ninjaed, but this is such an interesting schaedenfreudian (or however that should be spelled) event, that, well, I can't even....

https://worldduh.files.wordpress.com/20 ... =683&h=384

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... y5cqgw.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:

I think when he says that 'things are happening' he means that they are in the process of correcting Ophelia Benson's thinking, and putting a smack down on those TERF thoughts. Leaving happens AFTER he has properly dealt with Ophelia.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I still can't believe Peez (or Ed, or both) asked Ophelia for the favor of remaining at FtB. They can give her the keys to the site, 100% of the revenue, declare her Empress of North America, and she'll STILL be butthurt out loud for months to come. Ophelia does not cede grievances, not ever. Those idiots should know that.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Service Dog wrote:If I recall correctly, Timothy Leary used the term "thunk" to describe a bad-idea a malignant thought, which nonetheless sticks-around and propagates.
A meme with bad vibes, man! :D

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Ape+lust wrote:I still can't believe Peez (or Ed, or both) asked Ophelia for the favor of remaining at FtB. They can give her the keys to the site, 100% of the revenue, declare her Empress of North America, and she'll STILL be butthurt out loud for months to come. Ophelia does not cede grievances, not ever. Those idiots should know that.
I just surprised that FTB's third most popular blog is 90% cut and paste.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Georgia now wants disciplinary action to be taken against the DJ, and for Blurred Lines to be banned from the club “because it triggers so many women and people assigned female who go there”.

Georgia added: “Or at least it should be announced before it’s played from now on, so at least people can leave.”
Isn't the sound of the start of it being played enough of an announcement for those who want to leave?

Can I get an announcement for Chris DeBurgh's Lady in Red, Gary Glitter's Remember Me This way and Black Lace's Agadoo?
Shit, what kind of clubs do you go to?

And where the hell was the trigger warning for Agadoo? Shudder!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

pajh

Post by pajh »

The whole GitHub code of conduct reminds me of that period a while back when the usual crowd were screaming about the correct harassment policies at conferences. Turns out they really weren't that interested in the policies, it was a wedge to attack an existing community and gain control - same thing is happening on GitHub.

Post by Guest »

Ape+lust wrote:I still can't believe Peez (or Ed, or both) asked Ophelia for the favor of remaining at FtB. They can give her the keys to the site, 100% of the revenue, declare her Empress of North America, and she'll STILL be butthurt out loud for months to come. Ophelia does not cede grievances, not ever. Those idiots should know that.
I don't think they read her blog either.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

I think that horse is haunted.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice to be appreciated - but I doubt PZ will approve.

http://i.imgur.com/JBZnktM.jpg