Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
MacGruberKnows

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by MacGruberKnows »

German StrutBoatsman wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:OK, 4 posts, all referenced as my 400th post. I've logged out and logged back in, they are still all #400. #400 post was supposed to be special, it was supposed to be my 400th post. 4 of them does not make it more special. The snowflake in me is melting. The buttercup in me is wilting. Maybe I should just give up and become a social justice warrior. Because at least they are always expecting these kinds of awful, awful soul destroying microagressions. I just did not expect it from my homies. And if any of my homies are not black I apologize for the cultural appriation. You are now allowed to kill me. Becuase I just killed your entire culture with my culture destroying choice of words and fair is fair.
You're clearly lying because all your posts now show a number higher than 400. As far as I am concerned you never wrote a 400th post.
Apparently you are correct. I now have 6 posts - for the moment - listed as comment #402 and no comment listed as #400. I call shenanigans, and I should get to roshambo the fucker responsible for it. To the fucker responsible for the shenanigans, meet me at WalMart, without your pants on because fair is fair, and we will roshambo this to a fair conclusion.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:OK, 4 posts, all referenced as my 400th post. I've logged out and logged back in, they are still all #400. #400 post was supposed to be special, it was supposed to be my 400th post. 4 of them does not make it more special. The snowflake in me is melting. The buttercup in me is wilting. Maybe I should just give up and become a social justice warrior. Because at least they are always expecting these kinds of awful, awful soul destroying microagressions. I just did not expect it from my homies. And if any of my homies are not black I apologize for the cultural appriation. You are now allowed to kill me. Becuase I just killed your entire culture with my culture destroying choice of words and fair is fair.
You're clearly lying because all your posts now show a number higher than 400. As far as I am concerned you never wrote a 400th post.
Apparently you are correct. I now have 6 posts - for the moment - listed as comment #402 and no comment listed as #400. I call shenanigans, and I should get to roshambo the fucker responsible for it. To the fucker responsible for the shenanigans, meet me at WalMart, without your pants on because fair is fair, and we will roshambo this to a fair conclusion.
Your current post count should be showing on each of your posts, I believe - with the value of "current" going up one with each subsequent post. :)

I dunno if double posts are each counted, or only count as 1 - former seems more likely - you could try double-posting again as an experiment.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Myers posts: "The tyrant taketh, and the tyrant giveth"

https://archive.is/xGTBj
Translation: it has finally soaked in that closing the threads where the Horde can bitch and moan will reduce the clicks even more.
My guess is that he really waited for Ophelia to leave before relaunching but his hand has been forced by the threat of the horde regrouping elsewhere. All it takes is for someone to start a curated "Transphobia" thread with Ophie still on fFTB and he's back to square one.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

waited = "wanted to wait"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Curate, but presumably without ban privilage.

I suspect PZ is simply trying a 'if they own it they will respect it" approach. Ha ha

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

comhcinc wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I thought the bible was written by the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, and it shattered his mind. Or was that something else?

Did it shatter his mind or his face?
His foreskin?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
She's also wrong. As far as I'm aware Indians have a strong sense of respect when it comes to their older folks. Perhaps what Ophelia has a problem with is that outside of Indian Witches and the long history of Witch-hunts being politically motivated ways to get rid of rivals (Yes you dumb sunken grey cunt, it's mostly always been about politics, long before Miller made it so) they were also used to get rid of "problematic" gossiping old harridans who made life miserable for all around them.

Shit she's such an embarrassing middle brow pseud. Christ I fucking hate the bourgeoisie, No, not the economic middle classes but those entitled arseholes who think their whining about how uncouth the lower orders are should be acted upon. Poorly educated drones with a smattering of classics who think they are smarter than everyone.
This. The left is fucked, we have ceded our own political class almost exclusively to these middle-class academics with almost no experience of real life, and expect them to represent the working man. Unfortunately they are so desperate to prove their inclusivity to each other that they have alienated the largest constituency, white working class men and women. This has now become so bad that a genuinely left-wing working-class leadership candidate here in Britain (Jeremy Corbyn) is being portrayed by his bourgeouis opponents as a radical leftist/conservative promoted fifth columnist.
The largest probems faced in the first world now are problems of class, not gender nor even race. Benson is the epitome of the out of touch ivory tower academic deciding what is best for we plebs in the quadrangle below her. Speaking to us or countenancing our concerns will destroy her narrative and possibly assail her nostrils with the faint whiff of the sweat of our toil and that may ruin the rarefied atmostpee she had surrounded herself with.
IMO Benson is more dangerous than Myers or even Svan, as she appeals to the moderate middle class as 'one of us' whereas the other two are vulgarians that would be avoided by their 'peers'.
CLASS WAR!!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

HoneyWagon wrote:From the sources I have seen, the life of Greek women seems similar to what you find now in many Islamic countries. With the lives of high status Athenian women similar to high status Saudi women.
I've reeducated myself about gender roles in Athens and you're right, Athenian woman in classical culture were treated much like Saudi women today and were even more treated as second-class citizens and looked down upon than I was under the impression they were.

But like in Saudi-Arabia that doesn't seem to have led to a general acceptance of homosexuality per se. Still Dudebros, those Athenians, with a little of boy thighs on the side.
Hey there buddy! Easy with the going off and researching stuff and then coming back and correcting your own minor errors with a 'mea culpa.' You'll never get a blog at FtB if you keep this kind of rational sceptical thinking.
:naughty:

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

jimthepleb wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:From the sources I have seen, the life of Greek women seems similar to what you find now in many Islamic countries. With the lives of high status Athenian women similar to high status Saudi women.
I've reeducated myself about gender roles in Athens and you're right, Athenian woman in classical culture were treated much like Saudi women today and were even more treated as second-class citizens and looked down upon than I was under the impression they were.

But like in Saudi-Arabia that doesn't seem to have led to a general acceptance of homosexuality per se. Still Dudebros, those Athenians, with a little of boy thighs on the side.
Hey there buddy! Easy with the going off and researching stuff and then coming back and correcting your own minor errors with a 'mea culpa.' You'll never get a blog at FtB if you keep this kind of rational sceptical thinking.
:naughty:

Yeah...what a pussy...

;)

I know shit about shit, and it has been years since I looked at ancient history. I am talking out of my ass based on what I remember from art history (did a nice 10 page paper on Apulian Loutrophoros vases back in the day) and various classical Greek authors.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Service Dog wrote:thank/blame Sargon for finding this...

[youtube]N2P2qiINSng[/youtube]
I bet the KKK love that guy.

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image ... 104048.jpg

James Caruthers

jimthepleb wrote: The largest probems faced in the first world now are problems of class, not gender nor even race.
CLASS WAR!!
I think we can all agree with this.

I would go further and say class problems are the single biggest issue facing all people in all 'worlds', not just in the first world. The wage slave in China doing coke, meth, caffeine, crack and prescription uppers so they can stay awake and alert long enough to work their ridiculous shifts just so they can barely make ends meet and maybe send a little to their families living in abject poverty in the countryside... Those people have a class problem as well.

The bottom line is some people just have way too fucking much (more than they can even use in multiple lifetimes) while others have quite literally not enough to keep them alive for longer than their work utility to some factory boss.

But it's always been the way that college-educated "libtards" think they can come off their gender studies class and go straight in to fix all the problems of the world by telling whatever out-group they've identified to "check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Smart SJWs recognize the tendency for this to happen and IIRC some feminists even talk about shit like how race and gender intersect with class issues and that class is a very important problem to address. The poor white trash family and the poor black ghetto family come from different culture and may hate each other, but they are each being exploited and used.

James Caruthers

One could even argue that racial animosity between two groups of poor wage slaves serves the ultimate benefit of the bosses who exploit them.

But now I'm being a filthy marxist sjw piece of shit.

I don't agree with Marx's ideology, but his criticisms of capitalism are pretty much spot on.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

[quote=Steersman"]In which case it seems a bit of a stretch, or a bit problematic or untenable, to say, as Kirbmarc did, at least on the basis of that figure, that "trans people are psychologically closer to the gender they identify as than to the gender they were biologically born as".

No doubt there are some correlations between those MDs and gender perceptions and sexual orientations. But when, for example, the minimum for MtF (corpus callosum) is lower than the minimum for the FC class, one might argue that those measurements, by themselves, hardly justify agreeing with the rather categorical contention that "trans-women are women".[/quote]

I agree that I might have exaggerated the conclusions more than a bit. This isn't my field of expertise, after all, so I might be getting more things wrong than right.

However while the results don't prove the categorical contention in question, they at least suggest that there are some elements of truth to a more moderated claim that is not entirely unreasonable to believe that the brain physiology of trans people is somewhat different to those of "cis" people of their biological sex, and it seems to resemble more those of the sex they identify as.

It's not an enormous stretch to argue that there might be at least some degree of truth to the idea that trans women are physiologically closer in the brain and maybe psychologically closer to the average physiology and maybe psychology of women than to those of men.

From biological point to view to argue that "trans women are women" is nonsense: people born with a XY (or XX) karyotype and a male (or female) external and internal physiology do not magically lose their XY (or XX) karyotype because their external physiology has been surgically altered. (I'm going to ignore the rare cases where karyotypes are different from XX or XY or XX male/XY females since they do matter much to the discussion at that)

Bit it might not be entirely nonsense from a psychological point of view in that people suffering from gender dysphoria might not be simply delusional but might actually possess a brain physiologically closer to the gender they identify as psychologically.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:What? Don't they use the bathroom like normal people??? :shock:

Don't they only use their left hand to wipe?
Gross! It's so nice living in modern times with toilet paper. When people use their hands, how can they keep wiping until the paper their hand is clean? :hand:
Don't count on that thin piece of paper too much. The moment it touches the poo the Bacterial Empire speeds its troops through it with their warp drives.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:It is sunnah for Muslims to wipe their butt using round pebbles, so it's good to have a bucket of them beside the toilet for your guests. :ugeek:
Is it permissible to use those stones for a stoning afterwards?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Brive1987 wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Tony Shoop set up his own thread elsewhere that's up to 400+ comments in a couple of days? :think:
That's hilarious. Link?
Fine. I'll be the cunt.

https://queershoop.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... /#comments

This whole don't link to a public website thing is doing my head in.
He doesn't even use a real name there anyways. So, I don't get the doxxing thing. Also, it IS a public website, so even if he did choose to use a real name, it's not doxxing.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Brive1987 wrote:Curate, but presumably without ban privilage.

I suspect PZ is simply trying a 'if they own it they will respect it" approach. Ha ha
I suppose the curators will be able to delete (or edit ?) individual posts within their thread. It's a great recipe for cliques and divisions. He's bound to end up with similarly titled threads each curated to maintain a slightly different flavour of idealogical purity, with different groups owning the different threads and fighting it out. They'll start automatically deleting posts in 'their' threads from users who have written wrong opinions in other threads.

He could avoid this by keeping a tightly knit small group of approved 'curators', but this will just mean that those outside this elite will keep getting rebuffed repeatedly in their requests to open threads and it will become a sore point until they leave.

I hope we've all got some popcorn left !

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

piginthecity wrote:

I suppose the curators will be able to delete (or edit ?) individual posts within their thread. It's a great recipe for cliques and divisions. He's bound to end up with similarly titled threads each curated to maintain a slightly different flavour of idealogical purity, with different groups owning the different threads and fighting it out. They'll start automatically deleting posts in 'their' threads from users who have written wrong opinions in other threads.

He could avoid this by keeping a tightly knit small group of approved 'curators', but this will just mean that those outside this elite will keep getting rebuffed repeatedly in their requests to open threads and it will become a sore point until they leave.

I sent the missus out to get a popcorn maker. Was getting too expensive.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

James Caruthers wrote:
Service Dog wrote:thank/blame Sargon for finding this...

[youtube]N2P2qiINSng[/youtube]
I bet the KKK love that guy.

img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1402/86/1402869104048.jpg
Separatists tend to get along well. They have similar aims.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

piginthecity wrote:

Curators suggests that posts will be approved before submission. Discussions will be about as useful and valid as elections in North Korea. I do not know who Myers is trying to fool. They really are a bunch of clowns so the only thing their discussions will be useful for is a good laugh.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm currently reading a lot about people who are detransitioning... I'd thought detransitioning very rarely happened but there does seem to be quite a few blogs around the place about it. Not sure what to think.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote:I'm currently reading a lot about people who are detransitioning... I'd thought detransitioning very rarely happened but there does seem to be quite a few blogs around the place about it. Not sure what to think.
I can't wait to see how SJWs rationalise this.

If a transwoman has always been a woman has a detransman always been a man even when he was a transwoman?

I think we need to ask Opie.

Yes or no, Opie?

No nuanced or qualified answers allowed!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

feathers wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Don't they only use their left hand to wipe?
Gross! It's so nice living in modern times with toilet paper. When people use their hands, how can they keep wiping until the paper their hand is clean? :hand:
Don't count on that thin piece of paper too much. The moment it touches the poo the Bacterial Empire speeds its troops through it with their warp drives.
They have warp drive??? We need to steal their technology.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Is a trans* person who refuses to accept a detrans* person's gender identity detransphobic?

Are they Detrans-Exclusionary Radical Transgenderists - or DERT for short?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

James Caruthers wrote:One could even argue that racial animosity between two groups of poor wage slaves serves the ultimate benefit of the bosses who exploit them.

I don't agree with Marx's ideology, but his criticisms of capitalism are pretty much spot on.
That's just ye olde divide and conquer tactic, throw in some bread and circuses, don't know what our glorious leaders are going to do about the waning influence of religion though.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper - Hell Comes to Frogtown

[youtube]XKwteCwCSMw[/youtube]

Be there, for the Dance of the Three Snakes

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:One could even argue that racial animosity between two groups of poor wage slaves serves the ultimate benefit of the bosses who exploit them.

That's just ye olde divide and conquer tactic, throw in some bread and circuses, don't know what our glorious leaders are going to do about the waning influence of religion though.
I've been following the coverage of the Labour leadership contest at The Guardian and they are shitting themselves Corbyn might get through on a platform based on economics, not identity.

The same's happening with Sanders in the US.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:This whole don't link to a public website thing is doing my head in.
He doesn't even use a real name there anyways. So, I don't get the doxxing thing. Also, it IS a public website, so even if he did choose to use a real name, it's not doxxing.
There is personal information on there. Just erring on the side of caution, that's all.

I get that any website open to the public is, well, open to the public; but AFAIK Shoop has never spread his real name or personal info around, nor is he advertising his blog for all and sundry. I see some grey here and as a personal choice, I'd just rather not go down the road of parsing whether it's okay. Figured that giving it a quick mention but leaving it to the curious to go find the link on their own (or not) was a reasonable middle ground.

Though I am a bit confused about the "it's a public website" defense. Unless it involves hacking or IRL data gathering, isn't most doxxing is based on disseminating information that is otherwise available via public websites? If it's relatively obscure and requires some degree of research to locate, or if the person intends for the information to remain separate from their nym and takes reasonable steps to keep it so - then disseminating it more widely or facilitating the easy point-and-click connection of the dots has been considered doxxing. Regardless of the public nature of the source in many cases.

Seems to me there's more to it than whether it's public. In particular the intentions of the person in question should factor into it pretty heavily, IMO.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Shatterface wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:

I've been following the coverage of the Labour leadership contest at The Guardian and they are shitting themselves Corbyn might get through on a platform based on economics, not identity.

Lol, I was wondering why the Guardian didn't like him considering how left wing he is.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Lol, I was wondering why the Guardian didn't like him considering how left wing he is.
The Guardian has female writers, gay writers, black writers, etc. but they tend to be publicly educated Oxbridge types.

Class is their shameful secret because they can't play the class card except when they are going after the upper-middle class.

They did a recent piece denouncing those who opposed Hariet Harmon as misogynists even though she was supporting a policy that would hit women even more than men.

She's a woman who deserves automatic support because ovaries - best not look into her actual policies and who they might impact because that brings in issues of class, and working class people don't read The Guardian.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:This whole don't link to a public website thing is doing my head in.
There is personal information on there. Just erring on the side of caution, that's all.

I get that any website open to the public is, well, open to the public; but AFAIK Shoop has never spread his real name or personal info around, nor is he advertising his blog for all and sundry. I see some grey here and as a personal choice, I'd just rather not go down the road of parsing whether it's okay. Figured that giving it a quick mention but leaving it to the curious to go find the link on their own (or not) was a reasonable middle ground.

Though I am a bit confused about the "it's a public website" defense. Unless it involves hacking or IRL data gathering, isn't most doxxing is based on disseminating information that is otherwise available via public websites? If it's relatively obscure and requires some degree of research to locate, or if the person intends for the information to remain separate from their nym and takes reasonable steps to keep it so - then disseminating it more widely or facilitating the easy point-and-click connection of the dots has been considered doxxing. Regardless of the public nature of the source in many cases.

Seems to me there's more to it than whether it's public. In particular the intentions of the person in question should factor into it pretty heavily, IMO.
I only see his first name and city, but I consider blogs to be public unless reading them is password protected. It doesn't seem like doxxing unless privately shared info is revealed, such as Skeptickle's email logins or info that is shared via private messages or maybe from knowing someone in real life. I don't think that facebook pages are doxxing unless the page and its posts are private. If someone feels comfortable sharing their real name etc on social media, they've chosen to reveal their own info.

It's just like Justin Vacula's situation, where he only shared what Soily Amy willingly shared herself, and what she willingly connected to her online persona.

James Caruthers

Shatterface wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:Lol, I was wondering why the Guardian didn't like him considering how left wing he is.
The Guardian has female writers, gay writers, black writers, etc. but they tend to be publicly educated Oxbridge types.

Class is their shameful secret because they can't play the class card except when they are going after the upper-middle class.

They did a recent piece denouncing those who opposed Hariet Harmon as misogynists even though she was supporting a policy that would hit women even more than men.

She's a woman who deserves automatic support because ovaries - best not look into her actual policies and who they might impact because that brings in issues of class, and working class people don't read The Guardian.
Class is the giant elephant shitting all over the sofa in most political debates. Giving people living wages hurts the rich, and we can't have that.

tina

Post by tina »

Dear PZ..
Please can I have a thread to discuss Gay Nazi Sex Niggers in Patriarchal Neckbeard Republican Transmisogyny Terror Plot?

Will curate.
Attachments
caine.JPG
(36.73 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

tina

Post by tina »

Fucking morons...

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

pz is sadly trying to run a forum off of his blog. This is nuts.

If pz &/or Ed had any sense, they would either recognize the demand and set up a proper forum or image board and capitalize off of it, or they would recognize that these people are beyond toxic and nip it all in the bud right now.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

tina wrote:Fucking morons...
Hey, shouldn't you be posting that to the Fucking Morons thread? I don't want to be a bitch about it, but rules are rules. :D

tina

Post by tina »

...................Because embroidery of mutilated men would not be in the least disturbing because reasons...
Attachments
Caine2.JPG
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

tina

Post by tina »

Scented Nectar wrote:
tina wrote:Fucking morons...
Hey, shouldn't you be posting that to the Fucking Morons thread? I don't want to be a bitch about it, but rules are rules. :D
Pls check yr bitch privilege. :shifty:

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

tina wrote:Dear PZ..
Please can I have a thread to discuss Gay Nazi Sex Niggers in Patriarchal Neckbeard Republican Transmisogyny Terror Plot?

Will curate.
Hey PZ can we have a thread to discuss where on our bodies we would like Dr Richard Carrier to spooge and any objections we may have?

Post by guest »

Skep tickle wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Where RW strongly suggests a link between Trump and rape even though she felt compelled to pull her punches on her 'public' video.
1) Re RW's analysis of a recent evo psych study on bullying: perhaps she could take on the MRI cis/trans anisotropy eigenvector paper Steers & I have looked at? Skepticism+ needs someone to do a deeper dive in evaluating it.

2) "Boulies", "boulied"? I've never heard it said that way before - is this a regional US pronunciation?

3) Quizotron monthly in San Francisco, starting in September! October'll be part of Bay Area Science Festival, but after that it'll happen month after month, apparently as a stand-alone event. Squee!

Where?

There's no events listed on that page? So much for promoting women, as you say.

"Boulies" - lazy, bad pronunciation, the same way she has for years. It's like wading through porridge hearing her slurring.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

tina wrote:Dear PZ..

Will curate.
The problem is they won't discuss arts, crafts, movies and hobbies, they'll discus how arts, crafts, movies and hobbies are 'problematic'.

Something 'interesting and disturbing' in embroidery? What like, violence in the Bayeux Tapestry?

Post by guest »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Guest:
Brive is referring to this post:
(url removed as guests can't post them)
Thank you very much - it is appreciated, and so is Brive's contribution of posting these vids.

(and fuckyouall, natch)

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Shatterface wrote: The Guardian has female writers, gay writers, black writers, etc. but they tend to be publicly educated Oxbridge types.

I read the Guardian, and I'm pretty sure I'm in a very small minority here as an actual member of the working class. I get my hands dirty for a living and I'd guess nearly every gobshite giving their opinion of the working classes on here works in a fucking office.
I don't agree with a lot of what is written in the Guardian, but there is vastly more in the paper that I can agree with than in any of the other rags. They also have some very funny writers which is often overlooked.
Most people seem to judge the Guardian based on the batshit rubbish which doesn't appear in the print edition, but is posted on the website, usually in the Comment is Free section, in order to drum up clicks.
There was a very good article about Corbyn the other day which made the point that he isn't wildly Leftist, just that the centre ground that Labour are determined to aim for has moved steadily to the Right.
Also Steve Bell is a genius.

tina

Post by tina »

Also....
Did Carrier accurately assess the deconstructivist influence of the Jizz of Jesus within the context of Roman preprandial polyamorous orgies?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The Guardian has female writers, gay writers, black writers, etc. but they tend to be publicly educated Oxbridge types.

I read the Guardian, and I'm pretty sure I'm in a very small minority here as an actual member of the working class. I get my hands dirty for a living and I'd guess nearly every gobshite giving their opinion of the working classes on here works in a fucking office.
I don't agree with a lot of what is written in the Guardian, but there is vastly more in the paper that I can agree with than in any of the other rags. They also have some very funny writers which is often overlooked.
Most people seem to judge the Guardian based on the batshit rubbish which doesn't appear in the print edition, but is posted on the website, usually in the Comment is Free section, in order to drum up clicks.
There was a very good article about Corbyn the other day which made the point that he isn't wildly Leftist, just that the centre ground that Labour are determined to aim for has moved steadily to the Right.
Work in an office....nah fuck that. I'm a high earning herdsman, unemployed since my heart attack after they closed all the dairy farms in my county and looking for yard work in the local stables. I get to live the high life on my sickness benefit. You're just jealous of my untold wealth.
Yes the printed Guardian is an improvement on the online version. How long the print version will last is in doubt though.
I'm pro-Corbyn in general, watching the chattering class dismiss him has been hilarious.

Post by Guest »

Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jimthepleb wrote: I'm pro-Corbyn in general, watching the chattering class dismiss him has been hilarious.
I loved the fact that the condescending wankers in the Labour party who wanted Corbyn to run for the leadership because it would show they were open to all views (and he would be lucky to get any votes) are shitting their pants now that he looks to be streets ahead of some of the other candidates.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Guest wrote:Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
I thought it was an instant perma-ban for anyone posting or quoting Four Yorkshiremen.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

tina wrote:Also....
Did Carrier accurately assess the deconstructivist influence of the Jizz of Jesus within the context of Roman preprandial polyamorous orgies?
Does cosplay count?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Shatterface wrote:I've been following the coverage of the Labour leadership contest at The Guardian and they are shitting themselves Corbyn might get through on a platform based on economics, not identity.

I hope Corbyn gets the Labour gig. Shits and giggles galore. If you thought the Tories were a mess under Irritable Bowel Syndrome or William Vague, this will rewrite the book!

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
jimthepleb wrote: I'm pro-Corbyn in general, watching the chattering class dismiss him has been hilarious.
I loved the fact that the condescending wankers in the Labour party who wanted Corbyn to run for the leadership because it would show they were open to all views (and he would be lucky to get any votes) are shitting their pants now that he looks to be streets ahead of some of the other candidates.
Well that's worked out well for them today. He caned the opposition. It's possible I can start to vote Labour again rather than spoiling my ballot. Next hope Harman et al GTFO and let some representative politicians stand in their stead. Won't be holding my breath.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Shatterface wrote:I've been following the coverage of the Labour leadership contest at The Guardian and they are shitting themselves Corbyn might get through on a platform based on economics, not identity.

I hope Corbyn gets the Labour gig. Shits and giggles galore. If you thought the Tories were a mess under Irritable Bowel Syndrome or William Vague, this will rewrite the book!
Yeah that would be crazy! an unelectable opposition with a dysfunctional party following an unpopular leader. Imagine if they had done that at the last elections!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

bhoytony wrote:

And if have read it for long enough, you'll remember Posy Simmonds and The Silent Three of St Botolph's. She satirised the bien-pensant socialists of Hampstead very nicely in those strips.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

"This is what we've come to" - at FTB B&W

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... more-21039

https://archive.is/SGm2f

Comment #9:
screechmonkey wrote:Funny how I keep hearing that “TERFs are dangerous. TERFs believe in outing people. The mere suspicion that someone who has a blog on the same network as another blog I read is a TERF is so devastating and scary that I’m losing sleep, taking extra medication, etc.”

And yet the same folks keep coming by to poke Ophelia. It’s almost like they don’t believe their own accusations. It’s almost like it’s easier to talk tough about someone who you know damn well doesn’t consider you a mortal enemy than someone who actually wishes you harm.
Comment #13:
Freodin wrote:I found that there are just so many people out there who adhere to the position: “If you don’t 100% agree with me – even if I think that you don’t 100% agree with me – then you must be the enemy. My enemy and the enemy of all that I support.”

Sadly, this approach seems to be as widespread among “Social Justice Warriours” as it is with religious fundamentalists.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

screwtape wrote: And if have read it for long enough, you'll remember Posy Simmonds and The Silent Three of St Botolph's. She satirised the bien-pensant socialists of Hampstead very nicely in those strips.
Wasn't 'Claire in the Community' a Guardian strip before the excellent R4 series? That popped the bubbles of the cultural relativists.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

screwtape wrote: And if have read it for long enough, you'll remember Posy Simmonds and The Silent Three of St Botolph's. She satirised the bien-pensant socialists of Hampstead very nicely in those strips.
Sorry, but all the Posy Simmonds stuff gives me the dry boak. Don't remember the Silent Three, but Gemma Bovary and Tamara Drewe were fucking awful. Twee middle-class shite at it's worst. At least they've got Frankie Boyle to counter their worst stuff now.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jimthepleb wrote: Wasn't 'Claire in the Community' a Guardian strip before the excellent R4 series? That popped the bubbles of the cultural relativists.
Now that was really good, pity it's not still going.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

bhoytony wrote:
Sorry, but all the Posy Simmonds stuff gives me the dry boak. Don't remember the Silent Three, but Gemma Bovary and Tamara Drewe were fucking awful. Twee middle-class shite at it's worst. At least they've got Frankie Boyle to counter their worst stuff now.
Oh,well. We can agree that Steve Bell was wonderful with his sheep and penguins while the Falklands War was going on.

dogen

Post by dogen »

bhoytony wrote:
Guest wrote:Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
I thought it was an instant perma-ban for anyone posting or quoting Four Yorkshiremen.
Perman-ban? Luxury. Why, back in my day, Fascist Tit would chainsaw us to bits for e'en mentioning dead parrot.

dogen

Post by dogen »

bhoytony wrote:
jimthepleb wrote: Wasn't 'Claire in the Community' a Guardian strip before the excellent R4 series? That popped the bubbles of the cultural relativists.
Now that was really good, pity it's not still going.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/seri ... ecommunity