Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by feathers »

bovarchist wrote: A Million Little God Pieces...that's gold.
The copy, the whole copy and nothing but the copy, so help him a Million Little God Pieces.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest-upon-a-time wrote:O. M. G. Peezus may be able to ignore the Pit, and possibly even Nugent, but not Hemant Mehta:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... lagiarism/

:popcorn-induced-heart-attack:
Someone should send a link of that article to Jerry Coyne.
He tends to keep out of schism related things but he is big on ethical writing.

feathers

Post by feathers »

deLurch wrote:
ERV wrote:Avi reminds me of a very specific person I did research on in undergrad. Red flags abound, for a long time, and I dont know homeboy from any Joe on the street. I really, *really* hope his supervisors/co-workers are keeping an eye on him.
Personally, I would love to see his college papers go through a plagiarism check.
I think this has become standard procedure at many universities (which not only have access to the internet, but also to their own body of fulltext-indexed article data).

And I'm very certain that students in DK get loud and clear instructions on what constitutes plagiarism, and what are the consequences (expulsion). I would be surprised if the UK doesn't have a similar curriculum in place.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Someone should send a link of that article to Jerry Coyne.
He tends to keep out of schism related things but he is big on ethical writing.
Jerry Coyne is (also?) in India atm.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

feathers wrote:
bovarchist wrote: A Million Little God Pieces...that's gold.
The copy, the whole copy and nothing but the copy, so help him a Million Little God Pieces.
I am sooo stealing that line as my own. Don't tell him. /Avi-style

feathers

Post by feathers »

dog puke wrote:It's never too soon for a repost of relevant information:
How can drive-by lurkers from FTB see this and not laugh? I mean, even if you disagree...

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Holy shit, the excuse Avi gave to Hemant Mehta makes "The dog ate my homework" look brilliant. Also, not a very great first step at self-reform.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

#Avilalia

#Avigraphia

#Avipocalypse

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

HunnyBunny wrote:
rayshul wrote:Thanks for citing us, Hemant. :)

I actually think the first person to kick this off wasn't a pitter - it was someone on Twitter?
Twas I, a mere sideline pit toe-dipper, as @boxofbudgies
I tell ya dude, you post some poop pictures and you are getting added to the backchannel.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:text-bravo: :text-dope: :text-goodpost: :royalty-crown: :royalty-king: :royalty-pharaoh: :royalty-queen: :romance-threesome: :orcs-cheers: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

comhcinc wrote:
Lol why would someone send him a letter about soccer anyway?
Because he used to play for Manchester United and was the top scorer in the Premier League every season he played.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Oh yeah btw. We should maybe be on our best behaviour with all the guest who are going to be looking on the forum today. Maybe everyone should give a short reason why we post here?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I think Avi should get back to writing about Indian news stories.

Here's one I think he'd be the ideal person to cover:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29950843

I realise it's about the situation in Uttar Pradesh rather than Chennai where he is based, but Avi does have a lot of recent experience of Uttar Pradesh, according to PZ Myers - who informed us that Avicenna had performed the autopsies on the teenage girls who were found hanging from a tree on the outskirts of a village in that state.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

[youtube]2j8-_vIplso[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Which is strange, because only yesterday Peezus (pbuh) launched a scathing attack on the very idea that Avicenna is not honest.
This isn't a coincidence. @boxofbudgies on twitter found out about Avi's plagiarism of the Guardian because he was already looking for inconsistencies in Avi's writing as a way to reply to PZ's "In defense of Avicenna".

In other words PZ put Avicenna under the spotlight, and the truth about his plagiarizing ways came to light.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

comhcinc wrote:Oh yeah btw. We should maybe be on our best behaviour with all the guest who are going to be looking on the forum today. Maybe everyone should give a short reason why we post here?
Best behavior? I don't really feel bad about much of what I post. What? Are we not going to debate hammer vs. screwdriver? Not post pics of wood burning stoves?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Lol why would someone send him a letter about soccer anyway?
Because he used to play for Manchester United and was the top scorer in the Premier League every season he played.

I am just going to believe you about that because more of those words don't make sense to me arranged in that way.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Guest-upon-a-time wrote:O. M. G. Peezus may be able to ignore the Pit, and possibly even Nugent, but not Hemant Mehta:

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

LOOOOOOOOOOL

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

subbie1957 wrote:

Avicennna is dead in the water.

Which is strange, because only yesterday Peezus (pbuh) launched a scathing attack on the very idea that Avicenna is not honest.

I haven't seen such a grasp of comic timing leading up to an accident since somebody gave the Chuckle brothers a ladder to carry.
Don't forget he also insinuated it was racist to claim Avi was dishonest.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Oh yeah btw. We should maybe be on our best behaviour with all the guest who are going to be looking on the forum today. Maybe everyone should give a short reason why we post here?
Best behavior? I don't really feel bad about much of what I post. What? Are we not going to debate hammer vs. screwdriver? Not post pics of wood burning stoves?
Steersman. Block him. Just for the day. :shifty:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Kirbmarc wrote:
This isn't a coincidence. @boxofbudgies on twitter found out about Avi's plagiarism of the Guardian because he was already looking for inconsistencies in Avi's writing as a way to reply to PZ's "In defense of Avicenna".

In other words PZ put Avicenna under the spotlight, and the truth about his plagiarizing ways came to light.
This just gets better and better. I hope Avi doesn't hang himself.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Thank god Mykeru isn't around. That would be like a red cape to him.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

HunnyBunny wrote:
rayshul wrote:Thanks for citing us, Hemant. :)

I actually think the first person to kick this off wasn't a pitter - it was someone on Twitter?
Twas I, a mere sideline pit toe-dipper, as @boxofbudgies
You beautiful creature, you.

decius

Post by decius »

The haughty (and differently friendly) Mehta may superciliously pretend to normally "ignore the denizens of the Pit", or something to that effect, but he lifted and passed as his own most good points made here by pitters , down to Peezus's hypocritical treatment of Wellerman.

What a metacunt.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Remember these people think we are stupid.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

This just gets better and better. I hope Avi doesn't hang himself.
That would be terrible, of course. I hate to sound like the school principal, however in a very real way, this is the best thing that could possibly happen to Avi, to be caught now before a similar event could destroy his life when he's further into it. BUT, he's got to take advantage of it. As the cliche goes...it will only get worse the more he denies it. Fess up and commit to change Avi, it's the only way out of this, and in fact, you will be a better person for it.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Actually it came about from reading the sea lioning posts here, and wandering over to FTB to see what was going on. After reading the comments on the sealion post, I thought I'd round off some excellent comedy by seeing what Avi was up to.

I've read his blog on and off. Mostly off because it makes me bloody pissed off, his expression of distaste at the pit posters, while claiming some morally superior high-ground atheist shit pile. And his sexist white-knighting fuckwittery. And his doctoring fantabulous me shenanigans...

Last night it just made me gob-smacked. Something stood out when I read his post, I knew it wasn't his writing.

So, yes in a round about way, it is PZ's fault. I only went there because of his ongoing bullshit smears towards Michael Nugent.

Also, misgendering! I'm a she, as it says in my twitter profile :dance:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Peezus could probably use some crow recipes right now.

The Happy Plagiarist and his Hoarders have never looked more stupid.

http://www.foodrepublic.com/sites/defau ... salt_1.jpg

There's no way this can end without Avicenna getting kicked off FTB. No way.

The question is not if Avicenna will be thrown under the bus, the question is how Peezus and his gang are going to do it while deflecting the blame away from FTB. Let a million lies bloom.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

The PZ toilet slaves in the comments section of Hemant's post are hilarious. They're just ignoring the evidence because it comes from the Slymepit. As if it's somehow all a big fabrication by us.
Brilliant stuff.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

HunnyBunny wrote: Actually it came about from reading the sea lioning posts here, and wandering over to FTB to see what was going on. After reading the comments on the sealion post, I thought I'd round off some excellent comedy by seeing what Avi was up to.

I've read his blog on and off. Mostly off because it makes me bloody pissed off, his expression of distaste at the pit posters, while claiming some morally superior high-ground atheist shit pile. And his sexist white-knighting fuckwittery. And his doctoring fantabulous me shenanigans...

Last night it just made me gob-smacked. Something stood out when I read his post, I knew it wasn't his writing.

So, yes in a round about way, it is PZ's fault. I only went there because of his ongoing bullshit smears towards Michael Nugent.
Kudos to you, then, you did an excellent job. And PZ should apologize to everyone whom he has called a troll or a wanker because they dared to suggest that Avi was passing off texts he copied from the Internet as hate mail.
Also, misgendering! I'm a she, as it says in my twitter profile :dance:
Oops, sorry, my bad. I'm a sexist shitlord.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Jan Steen wrote: There's no way this can end without Avicenna getting kicked off FTB. No way.
I think I agree, particularly as the scale of it becomes more apparent, and I suspect the scale is going to be massive.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Jan Steen wrote: The question is not if Avicenna will be thrown under the bus, the question is how Peezus and his gang are going to do it while deflecting the blame away from FTB. Let a million lies bloom.
Easy. You claim you were mislead by a charming and competent liar.

For a cult leader like Peez it's even easier. They'll swallow whatever he puts before them.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:Good grief. We're not going to hurt Avicienna. We love the lolz he brings. And the 'pit doesn't doxx. :(
*tire screech*

Did anyone actually expect the Pit to try and hurt Avi IRL? That would be my litmus test right there. Any fucker here tries to do IRL damage to anyone (Mykeru notwithstanding), and I'm gone.
"Actually" is the important word there. Pretend like they expect the 'pit to do evil? It's why they wake up in the morning.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:The PZ toilet slaves in the comments section of Hemant's post are hilarious. They're just ignoring the evidence because it comes from the Slymepit. As if it's somehow all a big fabrication by us.
Brilliant stuff.
I favorite so far is
Slymepitters are wrong because they are racist and misogynist, indulge in harmful doxxing and other campaigns against persons. There is a lot of cross over between the Slymepit, Return of the Kings, Red Pill Reddit 4chan and 8chan.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

'PlayOnWords' in Hemant's comment section is trolling hard. And it's rather obvious. No offence if it's somebody here.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Playonwords wrote:I suspect you are a Slymepitter - one of the vicious little misogynist and racist fools who post on that putrid Message board. The more especially since looking at your Disqus history and the loathing you display towards women posting here
From the comments of Hemant Mehta's post about Avicenna. This is their only defense. Ad hominem attacks against the Slymepit. More smears without evidence to back them up.

Anyone who still believes them can't call himself a skeptic. They're just as bad as Deepak Chopra or Ken Hovind.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Playonwords wrote:I suspect you are a Slymepitter - one of the vicious little misogynist and racist fools who post on that putrid Message board. The more especially since looking at your Disqus history and the loathing you display towards women posting here
From the comments of Hemant Mehta's post about Avicenna. This is their only defense. Ad hominem attacks against the Slymepit. More smears without evidence to back them up.

Anyone who still believes them can't call himself a skeptic. They're just as bad as Deepak Chopra or Ken Hovind.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

It's either a Slymepitter or it's Avicenna.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Funny enough looking at that history it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:It's either a Slymepitter or it's Avicenna.

Haha you are wrong you stupid fuck. How does it feel to be wrong and stupid? And a fuck?
Playonwords

Nope ... prissy little "omega" guys like you scare me not at all. If you like you can check my posts on We Hunted the Mammoth" and Fortean Times MB - they're under the name of "Schwadevivre" On Pharyngula I'm Intaglio.
Note for those readers wondering about the omega in scare quotes, it is a reference to the Pick Up Artist community and their insistence that men fall into a hierarchy where; surprise, surprise; they class themselves as "alphas"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

comhcinc wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:It's either a Slymepitter or it's Avicenna.

Haha you are wrong you stupid fuck. How does it feel to be wrong and stupid? And a fuck?
Playonwords

Nope ... prissy little "omega" guys like you scare me not at all. If you like you can check my posts on We Hunted the Mammoth" and Fortean Times MB - they're under the name of "Schwadevivre" On Pharyngula I'm Intaglio.
Note for those readers wondering about the omega in scare quotes, it is a reference to the Pick Up Artist community and their insistence that men fall into a hierarchy where; surprise, surprise; they class themselves as "alphas"
Exactly what a troll would say. "Look at my other troll accounts! I'm as real as cheese, brah!"
Also, what's the point of using Pick Up Artist jargon and then explaining that you just used Pick Up Artist jargon? All that proves is he's well versed in Pick Up Artisty.
Total troll.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:Good grief. We're not going to hurt Avicienna. We love the lolz he brings. And the 'pit doesn't doxx. :(
*tire screech*

Did anyone actually expect the Pit to try and hurt Avi IRL? That would be my litmus test right there. Any fucker here tries to do IRL damage to anyone (Mykeru notwithstanding), and I'm gone.

There's no perfectly-competent, able-to-care-of-herself woman to white-knight and get all Internet Macho Man in this situation. Had he doxxed a SlymePit woman, no matter how capable she was of taking care of herself, I'm sure you'd be seeing the same bullshit that went on after Skeptickle was doxxed by the Myers & Watson.

But silly me, I actually think women are actually capable of taking care themselves, and being quite nasty things when they do it, and not helpless children to white-knight at every opportunity.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:"
Also, what's the point of using Pick Up Artist jargon and then explaining that you just used Pick Up Artist jargon? All that proves is he's well versed in Pick Up Artisty.
Total troll.
Is that what that was? I still think it is a movie my kids have made me watch.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... poster.jpg

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

PeeZus must be very busy grading again. He hasn't said a word yet, as far as I can see.

Surely all he has to do is point to Avicenna's explanations of all of this. How long can it take PeeZus to link to a twitter comment?

Or perhaps PeeZus is not totally convinced himself by this claim of magic laptops which blockquote and post while the Internet is disconnected?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

comhcinc wrote:
Funny enough looking at that history it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Of course it's not. It never is. It's a constantly applied technique and never survives even simple scrutiny.

I will be amazed if there is an attempt to make this about the 'pit by anyone other than Avi himself. They'll look like absolute lunatics.

"But...but it was the Slymepit."

I'm curious what else he has lied about. Is anything he has said himself true? Anything at all?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pitchguest wrote:Phil: you should! You really should! Actually I'm a bit under the weather right now, but I can't pass this moment up. I'll suffer for the lulz.

It's funny that Avi chose the name Avicenna as a pseudonym because of his admiration to Avicenna, evidently one of the more distinguished thinkers of the Islamic Golden Age, only to run that name into the dirt by plagiarism and bad science. How bad must he be feeling right now? Anyway. I think the popcorn's about done. Be right back.
I doubt he 'feels bad' at all. People like him never feel bad, they might get annoyed when their house of cards collapses, but they just move on and pretend it never happened and con a bunch of new people.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bwhah.

[youtube]ce1dfgO9uao[/youtube]

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

The snarky idiots commenting on Peezus's post In defense of Avicenna have become suspiciously silent. Their little brains must have exploded from an overdose of undeniable truth.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Badger3k wrote:
Loose CK wrote:Avi also does small manipulations like this:

Orignal paragraph:
Aden initially told authorities that he lost control of his vehicle and that there was an accident. He later said he struck the teen because he thought he looked like a man who had threatened him several days earlier, the probable cause statement said.
Avi-matic paragraph:
Initially? Aden told authorities that he lost control of the vehicle. Later said he struck the teen because he looked like a man who had threatened him days earlier.
No mistake, just plagiarism.
I'm not sure about that. He did rewrite the sentence. It would have been better to include a link to the original news source, though, if only to give readers a way to check and see if there was other info or anything. It also is a way of ensuring that you can be trusted - if people go to the original source and see that you relayed the information correctly, that's some verification. Besides, there is only so many ways you can rewrite a sentence, and the above examples are just the laziest and easiest. I try to quote the relevant section if I can't come up with my own way of writing it, though. I am not up to current standards of what meets the criteria of plagiarism. Most of my kids (when they did write) either wrote it themselves or else just copied wholesale - most didn't take the middle ground that I see in the quoted examples above. I could also be completely wrong, but he has done enough real plagiarism that we don't need the "near-misses" (if that's what they are).
It's a lower level of plagiarism, but it still counts as plagiarism because, at this point, you judge not only the individual case, the case as a whole.

For example, when you're dealing with a tax fraud case, the Government does generally make the case on one transaction, because one transaction could just be a 'mistake.' Rather they make the fraud case on the entire body of facts and behaviors. That's why they win almost all their fraud prosecutions. Even if one item was a 'mistake,' nobody believes you had 2,000 mistakes...

And so it goes with Avi. Way too much plagiarism going on with his writing. So he doesn't 'get a mistake' as he's burned that defense.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Michael J wrote:I don't read his blog, but from what I've seen relayed here he seems to blog mainly on stuff he reads on this internet. I thought that being a doctor in India he would have a ton of great human interest stories at the village level and the effect of government and religion at the personal level. He seems to be in the midst of a group of the least privileged people on the planet and he seems to spend his time feeling sorry for himself and sitting on the internet like any other computer warrior
Well, he could do that, it would actually be interesting and unique from his whinny colleagues from FTB...

[youtube]vJNDTfGRkmE[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well one thing's for sure - if Avi had hopes of using his blog as a stepping-stone to a juicy $$$-paying Patheos gig, as plenty of former FTBers have done before, he's well and truly fucked on that front.

I too was of the opinion that Peez et al would likely just say nothing about the whole Avi deal, and just pretend it never happened. It's not as if they're inexperienced in the art of doublethink, after all. But now that Hemant has blogged about it - yep, they're gonna have to do something. :-D

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Avi-lanche
Avi-crash? 'Aving-a-lend?

May as well jump on the pile.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sulman wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Of course it's not. It never is. It's a constantly applied technique and never survives even simple scrutiny.

I will be amazed if there is an attempt to make this about the 'pit by anyone other than Avi himself. They'll look like absolute lunatics.

I'm curious what else he has lied about. Is anything he has said himself true? Anything at all?
Lol well it's mine. I think I come off looking rather smart. I made some great points about guns a couple months back.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Michael J wrote:I don't read his blog, but from what I've seen relayed here he seems to blog mainly on stuff he reads on this internet. I thought that being a doctor in India he would have a ton of great human interest stories at the village level and the effect of government and religion at the personal level. He seems to be in the midst of a group of the least privileged people on the planet and he seems to spend his time feeling sorry for himself and sitting on the internet like any other computer warrior
I actually would find that interesting. Here's a little stat from Wikipedia:
On 20 February 2014, there were around 172 million Tumblr and 75.8 million WordPress blogs in existence worldwide. According to critics and other bloggers, Blogger is the most popular blogging service used today, however Blogger does not offer public statistics.
There are, undoubtedly, tens-of-thousands, if not hundreds-of-thousands, of bloggers that cover the things Avi writes and do it far better than Avi. And I read a small handful of them.

OTOH, reading about the human tragedies and successes in a small, rural Indianv village from a medical perspective. That'd be pretty cool. Sort of like an All Creatures Great & Small only not a formerly unknown vet with some great human interest stories, but a fairly unknown (alleged) medical student with some possibly great human interest stories.

Of course, that'd take work. So, instead, we get lies and plagiarism because they can be tossed off...

Southern

Post by Southern »

http://greetings.flashscrap.com/insults/fuck-off-2.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

What about 'RULE 1'?
:whistle:
Rule #1:

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

I'm not sure how that applies here... But, okay...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Sulman wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

I'm pretty sure of several things that he has written about.

He is a British-Indian medical student/just qualified physician.
He has a girlfriend who is also a medical student based in the UK.
His parents are well qualified doctors working in the UK NHS.
He has worked in Chennai, India as part of his training - although the details about this are highly sketchy - particularly the part about him needing to redo the placement because the slymepit sent an email to him accusing him of rape at TAM or DragonCon.
I think he needed to redo the placement but I would bet my left testicle that this had nothing to do with an email he received - particularly when we now know that "I got email" is his code for "I found something on the internet and I'm going to write a blog post about it."

By the way, I'd probably risk the right one if the bet is he actually received informed consent for publishing the picture of the incapacitated psychiatric patient.
There's no fucking way that this is real.
He would get permanently barred from medical practice employment in the UK - and deservedly so - if that gets publicised along with his real name.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Do we know if he is even a medical doctor?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

SoylentAtheist wrote:My own personal original take on the situation (Avi-style)

In psychiatry, pathological lying (also called compulsive lying, pseudologia fantastica and mythomania) is a behavior of habitual or compulsive lying. A pathological liar could also be a man or woman of any age group. A person with this trait believes anything said to them is a lie because they have the tendency to be liars themselves. They mistrust people and are continually investigating everything that is said to them. This person lives in fear of being lied to. They will go to any length to prove that someone is lying to them even when the truth is obvious.

Lying is the act of both knowingly and intentionally/willfully making a false statement. Most people do so out of fear. Normal lies are defensive, and are told to avoid the consequences of truth telling. They are often white lies that spare another's feelings, reflect a pro-social attitude, and make civilized human contact possible. Pathological lying is considered a mental illness, because it takes over rational judgment and progresses into the fantasy world and back. Pathological lying can be described as a habituation of lying. It is when an individual consistently lies for no personal gain. The lies are commonly transparent and often seem rather pointless.

There are many consequences of being a pathological liar. Due to lack of trust, most pathological liars' relationships and friendships fail. If the disease continues to progress, lying could become so severe as to cause legal problems, including but not limited to fraud.

I swear, that the above text is all my original thoughts and writing. Any insinuation that I copied relevant sections of interest from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying is a defacto racist allegation that I fully resent. I have a magic laptop.
And my wife is wondering why I'm cackling my ass off.... That last bit was just goddamn funny.