Post by surreptitious57 »

Comparing the Slymepit to Stormfront is as wrong as wrong can be now
It may be many things but it is not a hate site so would suggest any one
who thinks it is just comes and visits it before forming any opinion on it

CaughtUpLockedOut

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by CaughtUpLockedOut »

#97 Brive1987 (Guest) on Thursday April 09, 2015 at 2:46pm

Oh god, we are reduced to Mehta and his magic intent. Luckily Watson’s intent with her hatchet job is crystal ...

To try and stay relevant.

Ouch, I bet that burns like a urinary tract infection.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Just because I want to gush about this to everyone everywhere: in the past month or so, I isolated-->artificially constructed and synthesized-->tested 35 anti-HIV monoclonal antibodies, and the results are fucking exciting. Beyond anything I expected to see (nobody looks in Average Joe/Janes, turns out they are amazing). Have another 45 in the pipeline. And these are all from one patient!

There are supposed to be three postdocs on this project, but I've done it all as the sole postdoc, with the help of some great techs and support staff. All women, btw.

I think about all the cool stuff I've done in the past 4 years. Stuff I would have said 'Dude, there's no way I can do that.' Remember that the freshmen at that student leadership conference where Watson attacked those kids are now graduating with a degree (or two). And then I see Watson and Svan...

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Lianna wrote:Ron, did you not listen to a thing you were told at WiS2? Apparently not, because you obviously haven’t learned anything. Don’t you know how much harm the Slymepit has caused women in atheism? Why are you so soft on a site full of known cheerleaders for rape and eager practitioners of the worst type of misogyny? Don’t you remember how they have brutally attacked one of your own employees, FFS? Are you really this clueless and insensitive?
Lianna wrote:Unless you don’t care about CFI being seen as a misogynistic organization that doesn’t care about women, you need to specifically call out the Slymepit for what it is - a dangerous hate site on par with Stormfront. And also issue an unconditional apology for your inexcusable behavior. And you need to do it NOW.
God, we're really evil. Just as evil as Nazis.
Well yeah, I mean obviously.
I honestly don't know what Popehat is getting at here.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

(And I'm still being charitable. Mehta accused her of lying!)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ERV wrote:Just because I want to gush about this to everyone everywhere: in the past month or so, I isolated-->artificially constructed and synthesized-->tested 35 anti-HIV monoclonal antibodies, and the results are fucking exciting. Beyond anything I expected to see (nobody looks in Average Joe/Janes, turns out they are amazing). Have another 45 in the pipeline. And these are all from one patient!

There are supposed to be three postdocs on this project, but I've done it all as the sole postdoc, with the help of some great techs and support staff. All women, btw.

I think about all the cool stuff I've done in the past 4 years. Stuff I would have said 'Dude, there's no way I can do that.' Remember that the freshmen at that student leadership conference where Watson attacked those kids are now graduating with a degree (or two). And then I see Watson and Svan...
Seriously. You.are.my.hero(ine).

Really?

Post by Really? »

ERV wrote:Just because I want to gush about this to everyone everywhere: in the past month or so, I isolated-->artificially constructed and synthesized-->tested 35 anti-HIV monoclonal antibodies, and the results are fucking exciting. Beyond anything I expected to see (nobody looks in Average Joe/Janes, turns out they are amazing). Have another 45 in the pipeline. And these are all from one patient!

That is truly awesome and I'm so happy for you and I'm so, so sad that I wasted my life.

Here's all I'm capable of doing for humanity...another blogger came out against PZ:

http://www.jeremystyron.com/2015/04/ske ... -rhetoric/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
God, we're really evil. Just as evil as Nazis.
Well yeah, I mean obviously.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... tional.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shoo, Mengele. (Ve are ze Natzis!)

But seriously, congratulations! You've done far more for science and the world that all SJWs combined, including PZ and his zebrafish.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Very cool. Please do keep us updated.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I'm going to be tickled to be able to say I knew Dr Smith when she was mainly known as a ScienceBlogger.

Unfortunately, she's never been included in Melody's #FF of "awesome kickass activists". But, I think once she amasses a dozen or so papers in her CV few will notice.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Sunder wrote:Well yeah, I mean obviously.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... tional.jpg
Perhaps a subtle guilt by association.

For a lawyer who might seek to lobby a case, this would make sense for him to do.

For a lawyer who might seeks truth or justice, this would be sad disregard for both concepts.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Post by CaughtUpLockedOut »

Abbie, congrats. I almost wish you had a Patreon to send you some money...but you don't need Patreon, do you, because you are gainfully employed doing something that actually benefits humanity. :-) Keep up the good work.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

He's saying he reads Stormfront and that he finds their articles interesting.

It's there in black and white.

Spread the word.

Shatterface

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
dogen wrote:
(this image is the top hit when I Google image search for 'triggered')
FUUUUUUUCK! I just image searched "triggered".
Poor cow. That must be harsh.
Malady Streisand strikes (out) again...

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Guestus Aurelius wrote: I honestly don't know what Popehat is getting at here.
"Oh, so you're a vegitarian? You know who else was a vegitarian??? HITLER!!!!"

I wouldn't have pegged Popehat for a regular reader of Stormfront before. It's cool that he's secure enough to admit stuff like that.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Publish, and go straight to Professor (in the antipodean sense of the title). Also, neutralise HIV.

Really?

Post by Really? »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Publish, and go straight to Professor (in the antipodean sense of the title). Also, neutralise HIV.
Hmm...it just occurred to me that ERV is not thinking about Crommunist's wise words about HIV and disclosure. Why is ERV trying to eliminate the Poz community? This is a kind of genocide, isn't it?

(Can I have an FTBlog?)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shatterface as Guest

Pogsurf wrote:
But it would have been pointless.

Hermat's article was a response to AI disassociating itself from Myers; why the fuck should the focus have been on the Pit?

TFA's focus was on the story which was breaking there and then.

Shatterface

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
deLurch wrote: Nice Avatar, if not a tad pixelated. So you want a cup of coffee. Sure I have plenty to spare. But there are many quality people I could share it with instead. The question is are you good enough for it? What do you have to offer me in return?
I though Delurch was the one...but, he only wanted me for my sweet buns.....
You don't know what was in the coffee.
Semen and rohypnol if it's the same as the one he gave me.

Southern

Post by Southern »

CaughtUpLockedOut wrote:Those comments under Rl's blog are a riot.

Slymepit=Stormfront, lol. Lianna...Is that Russel Glasser's missus?

Malady is in a bit of a pickle, it seems, what with her post about disassociating from those who disassociated from PZ, and Ron's blog post.
GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NAO!

Oh, wait, wrong tab.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

if that means what I think it does, that is amazing! (medical stuff beyond putting duct tape on lacerations is beyond me.)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

NoGodsEver wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote: He's the hipster archetype.
BTW, this was courtesy of the great Ape+Lust for which I am forever in his debt:
http://imgur.com/Oaw2dBS.jpg
I love Ape+Lust more than anyone except my wife.
She does give great head, but I love him more, too.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Pogsurf wrote:
It's telling that Svan & Watson feel free to talk to him like that. They just intuitively know that they can address him in that "look, bitch!" sort of tone. It's like he's already a successfully bullied punk that sometimes forgets his place. They expect no more pushback than a servile attempt at self-explaination from him.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Your opinion is obviously wrong, Chill Girl. Shut up and listen. Rebecca Watson is talking.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but I'm reasonably certain it doesn't revolve around third wave feminists being offended on the internet.

Shame on you!

Whatever it is you're up to, how about The Pit gets a shout-out in your Nobel Prize acceptance speech?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Easy J wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
It's telling that Svan & Watson feel free to talk to him like that. They just intuitively know that they can address him in that "look, bitch!" sort of tone. It's like he's already a successfully bullied punk that sometimes forgets his place. They expect no more pushback than a servile attempt at self-explaination from him.
The life of a toilet slave isn't easy. :violin:

Southern

Post by Southern »

Kirbmarc wrote: Shoo, Mengele. (Ve are ze Natzis!)
1386816183983.png
(858.69 KiB) Downloaded 269 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote:
(Can I have an FTBlog?)
Ask Ed if you can have Jamila Bey's slot. I don't think she'll be using it anymore.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Tribble wrote:
feathers wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:[Markuze] was here for a while, and said something very interesting. Myers was claiming to have been stalked by him for 20 years. Markuse said that PZ lied, and that it was only 3 (or 4 - can't remember) years. I believe Markuse in this one. He wasn't denying the stalking, just correcting how many years that PZ had exaggerated it to.
I'm surprised that he would have said anything coherent or interacted with any other person directly, because all I've ever seen from him are insane ramblings and link copypasta. Everywhere. For years.

PZ reported his first encounters with Markuze were on Usenet in 1993. If so, DM was obviously posting in some group, so he was not necessarily addressing Myers directly. The timespan may still be correct.
Before you know it, Myers will be claiming Markuze started stalking him in First Grade and he's been a life-long victim... Kind of like his routine retconning of his feminism...
Quoting Meyers, some point soon:
No sooner had daddy's tadpole wriggled into mummy's holy sphere, than who should turn up? Markuze, banging on the zygotic membrane, shouting crazy stuff and demanding entrance.

Kenteken

FfTB in self destruct mode...

Post by Kenteken »

Watson and Zvan foot shooting is brilliant.
Zvans with her 'invert' comments at CfI are indistinguishable from a poe.

Schadenfreude anyone?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
dogen wrote:
(this image is the top hit when I Google image search for 'triggered')
FUUUUUUUCK! I just image searched "triggered".
Poor cow. That must be harsh.
Hahahahaha! I just laughed my hole off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's fantastic! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Just in case it gets deleted from the CFI Post:
Zvan wrote:No, really, Kirbmarc, his words are still there and the context in which they were presented still exists. Hemant saying he doesn’t see an endorsement in what he said doesn’t change those words
Those words have more than one interpretation (some of which made more sense than others). I decide to follow the interpretation of the person who wrote them (incidentally, one that makes sense, unlike yours).

You can keep trying to convince yourself that you knew exactly what Mehta meant even after he said clearly that you were wrong.
Zvan wrote:The fact remains that he’s telling someone who has been harassed for years by the pit (oh, hey, look at that user pic that’s a Photoshop of PZ and Rebecca kissing right there on the most current page) that it’s somehow strange that PZ would call these harassers, very generously, trolls.
Because satire is obviously harassment. I’m sure that you would sympathize with, say, George W. Bush for all the harassment he got from the countless satirical caricatures of him that everyone and their dog made (including the ones where he kissed Dick Cheney or Osama Bin Laden).

Is that picture immature? Maybe. Is it great, groundbreaking satire? Probably not. Harassment? Not according to any legal or sane standard. PZ and Rebecca Watson are public figures. The picture isn’t illegal material.

There’s no such thing as “a right not to be offended”.
Zvan wrote:Ambiguity and usefulness as political tools to try to contain those uppity feminists are the two things you harassing lot thrive on in this movement.
Yes,yes, we’re all evil and we should all go to jail for daring to disagree with(and in some cases even mock) our new SJW overladies.

Or maybe you should toss all of us into Treblinka, like that kidder Geordie Tait said.

You can be criticized, Mrs. Zvan. You can be mocked. And sometimes you can even (horror of the horrors) be wrong.

(You’d be a better woman if you admitted it instead of trying to justify yourself. Mirror-climbing is fun to read but makes me feel sorry for you).

You’re not a brave heroine fighting for a righteous cause against evil monsters. You’re a normal human being like anybody else, who might be mocked,criticized and satirized like everyone else.

The problem is that people like you and Rebecca Watson think you’re the only martyr and target for criticism and mockery on the web while everyone else is criticized and just deals with it without kicking up too much of a fuss.

If someone seriously threatens you or others I’m the first to say that you should report them to the authorities. Threats aren’t jokes.

But if it’s just infantile jokes about your physical appearance you should learn to take it in stride. Yes, they’re not classy. Yes, they’re irrelevant to whether you’re right or not. Yes, beauty is the eye of the beholder and so your attractiveness or anyone else’s attractiveness is highly subjective (and again, always irrelevant to the discussion at hand.)

But guess what? Some people like immature humor (just like the word “liberturd”, which people on FTB love). Some people like to call others ugly, unlovable, losers, etc. (Your friends at FTB also do it all the time. “Virgin neckbeard!” “men who should be with no woman ever!!!!1!!!!1!” “your hands smell of Cheetos!” “Irish wanker!” etc.)

At least the Pitters don’t routinely wish you were dead (“Die in a fire!” “Die cis scum!”) they do not wish you forcibly insert a rusty porcupine up his rear, or that you commit suicide with a ball-peen hammer. Which still isn’t harassment, just violent rhetoric (that is perfectly right, though, because it’s “punching up”).

Sure it would be nice if we only discussed each other’s ideas and not our personal features. I’m all for that.

But please, stop thinking you’re a precious oppressed snowflake, because you only sound like a chronic whiner.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Southern wrote:
1386816183983.png
I found this one for Matt:

https://grrrgraphics.files.wordpress.co ... ta_rgb.jpg

I like this one even though, as per usual, about half of the bricks are pure ideologue bullshit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-efr9i-Ir5cQ/U ... prison.jpg

"GMO foods" "chemtrails" "flouride" lol top kek

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

29 guests? Come on, don't be shy. I have a complimentary cat basket for the first guest post that isn't Shatterface.

Keating

Post by Keating »

With regards to TERFs, one thing I've always been confused about is whether trans-man means a man who is/has become a woman, or vice versa. Given the mindset, I'd have thought trans-woman would make more sense as a description for a man who transitions to a woman, but I only ever see discussion about trans-men, which suggests I have it backwards (as no one cares about women who become men).

Shatterface as Guest

Re: FfTB in self destruct mode...

Kenteken wrote:Watson and Zvan foot shooting is brilliant.

Schadenfreude anyone?
Which sense of the word 'invert' is she using?
invert
vb
1. to turn or cause to turn upside down or inside out
2. (tr) to reverse in effect, sequence, direction, etc
3. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics (tr)
a. to turn (the tip of the tongue) up and back
b. to pronounce (a speech sound) by retroflexion
4. (Logic) logic to form the inverse of a categorial proposition
n
5. (Psychiatry) psychiatry
a. a person who adopts the role of the opposite sex
b. another word for homosexual
6. (Architecture) architect
a. the lower inner surface of a drain, sewer, etc. Compare soffit2
b. an arch that is concave upwards, esp one used in foundations
[C16: from Latin invertere, from in-² + vertere to turn]
inˈvertible adj inˌvertiˈbility n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
Kenteken wrote:Watson and Zvan foot shooting is brilliant.

Schadenfreude anyone?
invert
vb
n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
#1, I believe, with regards to what he was trying to communicate.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

James Caruthers wrote:
Southern wrote:
1386816183983.png
I found this one for Matt:

https://grrrgraphics.files.wordpress.co ... ta_rgb.jpg

I like this one even though, as per usual, about half of the bricks are pure ideologue bullshit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-efr9i-Ir5cQ/U ... prison.jpg

"GMO foods" "chemtrails" "flouride" lol top kek
These political cartoons where every fucking thing in the drawing is labeled, so we cud-chewers can understand the point being made by the inifnitely smarter cartoonist, are so American these days. I'm pretty sure British newspapers last ran them in about 1893, whereas it seems Americans still need to have their information chewed into pap by mummy and spat directly into the back of their mouth.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Billie from Ockham wrote: What does it mean when a person uses the word "wade" for "weigh"? Is that a subtle form of fat-shaming?
For when one is tired of someone's whaling. Wailing! :shifty:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

'Revenge porn’ site runner gets 18 years in prison.

In a first-of-its-kind prosecution, the convicted operator of a “revenge porn” website was sentenced to nearly 18 years in prison, officials announced Friday.
Kevin Christopher Bollaert, 28, of San Diego, was found guilty in February on six counts of extortion and 21 counts of identity theft for running a website that posted nude photos of individuals, as well as identifying information, without their consent, according to Attorney General Kamala Harris.
“Sitting behind a computer, committing what is essentially a cowardly and criminal act will not shield predators from the law or jail,” she said in a statement. “We will continue to be vigilant and investigate and prosecute those who commit these deplorable acts.”
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Rev ... 178500.php

Fuck yeah. I was so hoping that asshole would get a hefty sentence. I hope they go after the assholes that gave him the photos, too.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Comment number 8 by Stephanie Zvan:
“[The slime pit] correctly uncovered plagiarism on [PZ Myers’] blog network [and therefore should not be deemed trolls by anyone].”
Proving Hemant endorses the SlymePit/a hate site by quoting words he never said. That's fucking gold.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... ate_forum/
She's "inverting" the words. I've never even heard of this practice. In her (made-up?) rules, she gets to switch people's words to things they never said "to make it more straightforward for you". This is insane. Certifiable. Where did she come by this magic loophole to allow strawmanning?
IOWWDI

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:
BTW, this was courtesy of the great Ape+Lust for which I am forever in his debt:
If you look closely, you see oolon makes a cameo.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

When victims saw their photos on Ugotposted.com and contacted the site, investigators said, Bollaert would send them an e-mail from Changemyreputation.com, which he also ran, offering to remove the images for a fee ranging from $300 to $350.
Man, what a piece of work.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Zvan wrote:The fact remains that he’s telling someone who has been harassed for years by the pit (oh, hey, look at that user pic that’s a Photoshop of PZ and Rebecca kissing right there on the most current page) that it’s somehow strange that PZ would call these harassers, very generously, trolls.
Because satire is obviously harassment. I’m sure that you would sympathize with, say, George W. Bush for all the harassment he got from the countless satirical caricatures of him that everyone and their dog made (including the ones where he kissed Dick Cheney or Osama Bin Laden).

Is that picture immature? Maybe. Is it great, groundbreaking satire? Probably not. Harassment? Not according to any legal or sane standard. PZ and Rebecca Watson are public figures. The picture isn’t illegal material.

There’s no such thing as “a right not to be offended”.
Zvan wrote:Ambiguity and usefulness as political tools to try to contain those uppity feminists are the two things you harassing lot thrive on in this movement.
Yes,yes, we’re all evil and we should all go to jail for daring to disagree with(and in some cases even mock) our new SJW overladies.

Or maybe you should toss all of us into Treblinka, like that kidder Geordie Tait said.

You can be criticized, Mrs. Zvan. You can be mocked. And sometimes you can even (horror of the horrors) be wrong.

(You’d be a better woman if you admitted it instead of trying to justify yourself. Mirror-climbing is fun to read but makes me feel sorry for you).

You’re not a brave heroine fighting for a righteous cause against evil monsters. You’re a normal human being like anybody else, who might be mocked,criticized and satirized like everyone else.

The problem is that people like you and Rebecca Watson think you’re the only martyr and target for criticism and mockery on the web while everyone else is criticized and just deals with it without kicking up too much of a fuss.

If someone seriously threatens you or others I’m the first to say that you should report them to the authorities. Threats aren’t jokes.

But if it’s just infantile jokes about your physical appearance you should learn to take it in stride. Yes, they’re not classy. Yes, they’re irrelevant to whether you’re right or not. Yes, beauty is the eye of the beholder and so your attractiveness or anyone else’s attractiveness is highly subjective (and again, always irrelevant to the discussion at hand.)

But guess what? Some people like immature humor (just like the word “liberturd”, which people on FTB love). Some people like to call others ugly, unlovable, losers, etc. (Your friends at FTB also do it all the time. “Virgin neckbeard!” “men who should be with no woman ever!!!!1!!!!1!” “your hands smell of Cheetos!” “Irish wanker!” etc.)

At least the Pitters don’t routinely wish you were dead (“Die in a fire!” “Die cis scum!”) they do not wish you forcibly insert a rusty porcupine up his rear, or that you commit suicide with a ball-peen hammer. Which still isn’t harassment, just violent rhetoric (that is perfectly right, though, because it’s “punching up”).

Sure it would be nice if we only discussed each other’s ideas and not our personal features. I’m all for that.

But please, stop thinking you’re a precious oppressed snowflake, because you only sound like a chronic whiner.
Oh, wow. That is a fine defense of principle. You've practically ennobled my cheap inanities. Plus, sent the Pitiless Inquisitor off with the red-ass. I couldn't have done that. Thank you, Kirbmarc :D

There's one more thing I have to say...

I got noticed and a mention before Gurpland! Woooooo-woot-woot-woot! Don't mess with Texas, y'all!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:
You guys... thank you :D

http://imgur.com/tW8YdA2.jpg

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

Shatterface as Guest wrote:
invert
vb
n
Nope, in the SJW realm dictionaries are verboten.

Zvans invert game means: add words to quote, to make it fit my bias.
It's like the creationists quote mining game, but instead of leaving out essential information....
Oh wait!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, is it just me but doesn't Sarah Brown's (auntysarah) statement about her "side" being "nicer" sound a bit ... sea-liony?

I mean, I wouldn't know myself because I would never adopt that stupid fucking term but if you look at it from their point of view, implying someone's side is, er, "nicer", while still acting like pieces of shit, doesn't that mean that they are actually, er, "appropriating" the same language that they have gone to lengths saying they abhor? (And it couldn't be further from the truth, since they definitely aren't nice, nor "nicER") Help me understand these inanisms.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It's like the creationists quote mining game, but instead of leaving out essential information....
Oh wait!
It also means: ignore what the author of the quote says about the quote. He's wrong, you're right and he should apologize for endorsing the Pit. Even if he says he never endorsed the Pit. It was obviously accidental endorsement.

Because Zvan is always right, especially when she isn't.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Oh wait!
It also means: ignore what the author of the quote says about the quote. He's wrong, you're right and he should apologize for endorsing the Pit. Even if he says he never endorsed the Pit. It was obviously accidental endorsement.

Worth another mention: is this a contender for Benson's parallel logic?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Gunboat Diplomat nails it:
Its not that she’s adding meaning per se, its that the meaning is inherent in Mehta’s words, given Stephanie Zvans worldview: Its a war and you have to pick sides. Not picking sides is not neutral, it aids and abets the enemy. It doesn’t matter what Mehta says - it doesn’t even matter what he thinks or what he intended, its the effect of what he does that matters. Which is endorsing a hate forum, by not explicitly condemning it and leaving open the possibility that its members have value.

Her adding the words is to try and help the rest of us “see” what she can clearly see. At best, our understanding is clouded by rape culture. At worst, we deliberately aid and abet the other side.

This might sound a bit crazy - after all she is actually adding words somebody didn’t say, which would change most peoples interpretation of his words, probably even most feminists interpretation of his words.

But it doesn’t change stephanie zvans interpretation of his words - they remain constant - but are more clearly expressed. So stephanie zvan can have a clear conscience about not being hypocritical, because from her perspective she’s not.
Doublethink, people. It sounds crazy, but it's just dogmatic.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Pitchguest wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Oh wait!

Worth another mention: is this a contender for Benson's parallel logic?
Logic Plus.

We use Logic Plus we can also use Parallel and Inverted Logic. And sometimes rusty porcupines and ball-peen hammers.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Also, congratulations to Abbie (our resident Gender Traitor #1) for her recent developments in finding a cure for a horrible disease!

Wow. I can't believe I just said that. Being a member of a site that hates women, I'm having some identity issues. I need a moment.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

Kirbmarc wrote: It also means: ignore what the author of the quote says about the quote. He's wrong, you're right and he should apologize for endorsing the Pit. Even if he says he never endorsed the Pit. It was obviously accidental endorsement.

Yep.

Though she successfully derailed the discussion.
Something I suspect was her only objective.