Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Well then, screwtape needs to ditch the chemo and switch to carrots. :cdc:

And carrot oil comes from carrot seeds, not actual carrots. Apparently it is a potent anti-fungal:

http://www.znaturforsch.com/ac/v59c/s59c0791.pdf
There's not much it can't do
This must could be one of the most underrated essential oils in aromatherapy . It has a soft earthy smell and not only helps to relieve stress and exhaustion, but is a powerful detoxifier and liver booster while stimulating and rejuvenating the skin in general. At the same time it fights any skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and weeping sores. The formative action on the epidermal cells helps to keep wrinkles at bay and is also helpful when fighting liver spots (age spots).
You might not believe it, little fella, but it'll cure yer asthma too.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Lsuoma wrote: You might not believe it, little fella, but it'll cure yer asthma too.
You know, I hear that the price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: Pretty hard to saponify anything without lye. Presumably you're referring to melt & pour type glycerine soap, where you buy the soap base ready made and pretend to be a soaper by melting it and adding scents. You miss all the fun and all the nasty caustic exothermic reactions that way.
I want to make soap that has a hypergolic reaction when exposed to water.

dogen

Post by dogen »

This must be one of those girlcocks I've been hearing all about.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: Pretty hard to saponify anything without lye. Presumably you're referring to melt & pour type glycerine soap, where you buy the soap base ready made and pretend to be a soaper by melting it and adding scents. You miss all the fun and all the nasty caustic exothermic reactions that way.
I want to make soap that has a hypergolic reaction when exposed to water.
How about a nice bar of sodium? You could market it as "natural rock salt without the harmful chlorine".

dogen

Post by dogen »

Just found out my local Menards stocks NaOH pellets. Awesome!

So, how do I make soap?

Couch

Post by Couch »

Teamsters, what page number should I navigate back to, where the new Pit colour-scheme is bitched over, so I can see whether there's any point my whingeing.

Southern

Post by Southern »

bhoytony wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
NoGodsEver wrote:Are we posting our favorite ways for the world to end? I pick Ebola!
Richard Carrier, PhD reality show.
Speaking of a deliberate tour de force, I listened to The Thinking Atheist podcast and they were celebrating the 200th show. Various figures from the A/S movement had recorded short congratulatory messages, basically of the "Hello, I'm so and so of such and such an organisation/podcast/etc. and I'd like to say congrats" type.
Up steps the good doctor and starts with " Hello, I'm Richard Carrier and I'd like to use my Ph.D in ancient history to...."
I know that we should always ask for source... but that's so Richard Carrier that I can't bring myself to disbelieve it.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

KiwiInOz wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:What are you cocks up to?
Stringing banjos by the sound of things.

Next they'll be dueling with them.

(Bloody hell, I'm pages behind).
That was in an episode of Hannibal. :think:

Couch

Post by Couch »

Whoaa, disregard my last post, colour-scheme has returned to cis-white-hetronormative. Was evidently a bug and not a feature.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

JacquesCuze wrote:Lady has long been offensive in feminist land, really.

Problem was they outlawed "gals", and then they really only had two ways to describe women, "girls", or "women". So in recent years, lady has come back. Not as something you can use mind you, but feminists can now refer to lady-parts and even describe each other as ladies.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1121 ... as-evolved

Gals is still outlawed. Something Mel the cook on Alice would say.

I don't think this outlawing of "lady" and "gal" is what caused "bitch" to fill in for both between the 70s and now, but maybe.
I was having some fun with that recently after people were harping over the use of the world "girl". I asked if the word "gal" was now appropriate if the age of the girl or woman was indeterminate, and I was given 'permission' to use it as an appropriate case.

James Caruthers

http://i.imgur.com/3f7U7M8.png

... How? :think:

http://i.imgur.com/kUgJTzZ.png

http://i.imgur.com/3aLbAiH.png

^Godfrey Elwick has a sister!

http://i.imgur.com/fynH5o6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HbY4TDC.png

It's the captions and narcissism that make these^

http://i.imgur.com/26eeRs7.png

^Tumblr: The Person

http://i.imgur.com/sHcoMa4.jpg

Tips respectfully towards you

http://i.imgur.com/S0Llumd.png

"Malignant tumor appreciation selfie!"

http://i.imgur.com/YZ4fQTS.png

Parsehole, use this image for one of your accounts please. :lol: Is that two pairs of glasses? AND she loves pugs.

I can't help myself. Shitlord gonna shit. :dance:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Is that real? Because I know someone who will be happy as shit to know that someone else has longer nipples. She has to fold hers into her bra too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dogen wrote:Just found out my local Menards stocks NaOH pellets. Awesome!

So, how do I make soap?
First, get your corpses...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Couch wrote:Teamsters, what page number should I navigate back to, where the new Pit colour-scheme is bitched over, so I can see whether there's any point my whingeing.
It was dynamic. It's gone, just like Twatson's liver...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Richard Dworkins wrote: [Post 12528]
Steersman wrote: That looks a little too self-serving for my taste as it looks to sweep a rather large amount of historical and sociological “dirt” under a rather smallish rug.
I'm not sure that's fair.
Yea, I was kind of thinking that wasn't quite cricket myself. :-) However ...
Richard Dworkins wrote:These were not outsiders, but French citizens, no different from the traitorous Pakistani's who blow up mosques or machine gun schools in Pakistan. ....
Part of the reason why I justified that shot is that we’re all part of the global village, and that allegiances to countries are frequently of less import – justifiably – than broader principles, as in the case of the protests against the Saudi Arabians for flogging a blogger. (Interesting that, at least, both a UN official, and now Canada’s Foreign Minister have protested to the Saudis.) But that a French citizen happened to have pulled the trigger carries, I think, substantially less weight than the fact that the philosophical motivations and “justifications” behind that horror story comes right out of Mecca.

Denying or trying to paper-over those connections, and refusing to acknowledge the different contributions and sources, doesn’t seem conducive to solving the problem.
Richard Dworkins wrote:
Steersman wrote: Which is why I can sort of sympathize with those who say “understandable” in the context of Charlie Hebdo. ....
To say that a massacre is somehow understandable because some people drew something provocative in a satirical magazine is akin to saying a mass gang-rape at a women-only swimming pool was understandable because they were all semi-naked and wet. ....
I think I’m going to have to start subscripting my use of words, and linking them to the relevant definition. Note:
un•der•stand•a•ble adj.
1. Capable of being understood: an understandable sentence.
2. Expected or accepted under the circumstances: Their anger is understandable, given what happened.
I’m certainly not condoning the attacks against Charlie Hebdo. But I can understand (“To become aware of the nature and significance of”) what might have motivated, or probably did motivate, the perpetrators. That I understand that they were motivated by a largely ignorant, barbaric, and savage religion, and think that the crime should have been expected given that fact, in no way precludes condemning those who peddle and enforce such hateful and decidedly problematic claptrap.

Apropos of which, something from a secular Muslim, apparently, guest-posting over at Butterflies and Wheels (not likely to add to Benson’s lustre among the more dogmatic & narrow-minded of the Horde):
Dear offended religious people,
Please stop the hypocrisy. The right to offend is not exclusively yours.
If you know the holy scriptures of the religions that you uphold so dearly, you already know how offensive parts of them are to people. ....

And here again, refusing to understand those motivations and their likely effects doesn’t seem conducive to solving the problem.
Richard Dworkins wrote:So dumb bastards believe dumb shit and are easily manipulated. Surprise, surprise. .... Illiteracy amongst the poor is a global problem not a problem for Islam. Is it culturally retarded, yes. But no more so that a culture who bans research on stem-cells because a some guy that invented a Hebrew Thunder-God implied life was sacred.

Illiteracy is not a great measure either. ....
Yea, I’ll agree with most of that in general, specifically that there are a lot of pernicious effects from those who are still in thrall to some “Hebrew Thunder-God” – whether it’s the Magdalene laundries, or priestly sex abuse, or attacks on reproductive rights. But all of those issues have any number of dedicated individuals and organizations attempting to ameliorate their worst effects. The problem, the rather large elephant in the living room, is how to address the effects and nature of Islamic terrorism which have their rather deep roots in the religion itself – the only short-term solution to which, that I can see, is ending Muslim immigration, and deporting those already here. You may wish to read Irshad Manji’s The Trouble With Islam Today, Ibn Warraq’s Why I’m Not a Muslim, and review that Jesus an Mo cartoon I referenced earlier.
Richard Dworkins wrote:I think we can begin to see that we're arguing over which is worse, 250g of shit in your pillow or 300g?

The shit in your pillow is the Cult of Abraham, it doesn't matter if it's warm, cold, thick and stinking or moist and squelchy, it's still shit in the pillow.
You won’t get a lot of argument from me over the Cult of Abraham, although I think there’s some justification for Dawkins’ argument that the Bible is “a major source book for literary culture”, and the argument that it contains “profound psychology, and exquisite logic”. The problem, as Dawkins put it, is that far too many insist on using those facts as justification for “buying into the supernatural beliefs that went along with those traditions” – not to mention the “psychopathology and twisted logic”.

However, I would argue that the argument is over which is worse: 50 gm of Christian “shit”; or a horse-head full of Islamic “shit” – so to speak. :-)

Post by Guest »

The Lamprey Generation has all the feels.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Git wrote:Peezus's religion is SJW Progressiveism. Its that simple. And it always has been.
There was not a shred of SJW during the early, contributing days of The Pandas Thumb.
This SJWish shit, especially the rampant and ever-changing claims about his being a feminist, is relatively new.
Panda's Thumb are all Gould groupies, and Gould opposed things like sociobiology on purely SJ grounds. ....

But his conversion to full radfem/PopMo/SJWism -- and its corrosive effect on his science views -- seems to coincide with his getting involved with The Skank. ....
[youtube]Tnx3--CBUlQ[/youtube]

Didn't know that about The Panda's Thumb though; might be interesting to put that on my list of campaigns once I have my cloaking device adequately implemented ....

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Guest wrote:The Lamprey Generation has all the feels.
Not sure her mom died. She may have just moved away to be with a less self-absorbed family.

James Caruthers

What the fuck.

I guess they even suffer like special snowflakes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

James Caruthers wrote:
What the fuck.

Yeah, they can't make bank on their parents anymore...

Fuck, I grew up so poor that my sister and I had one pair of shoes between us, and we couldn't leave the house together because of it. My parents split when I was 12, and I grew up in kids homes and foster homes. My dad topped himself when I was 17, and my mum died of a heart attack (heavy smoker) when I was 27. From the age of 18 I paid my own way, rented a flat, went to uni, built a life and now I'm comfortable. Fuck, NOBODY ever treated me as anything other than an adult and catered to MY fee-fees.

PeeZus Fucking Christ, these whiners are really going to have a hard time when life gets tough.

James Caruthers

Reminds me of something Aaron Clarey said:

"You're not being discriminated against: life is just that hard."

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Dear James Caruthers,

You post weird things that I don't like to look at. Please stop.

Wishing you the best,
Guestus Aurelius

Really?

Post by Really? »

Walter Ego wrote:
deLurch wrote: House rules here are no doxing. It will result in an insta-ban.
What if you dox yourself?
We're allowed to dox ourselves? Here's a couple recent pictures of me:

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com ... 115116.jpg

http://channingtatumunwrapped.com/wp-co ... 3/chan.jpg

And here's my wife, who is calling for me to join her in bed at this very moment:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-luL6c7obdfQ/U ... 1600/3.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/ ... 34x970.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Old_ones wrote: ...
These people make my head hurt. Use of the word "lady" is now offensive? Calling a woman a "lady" means you are treating her as less than equal? Do they think men walk on eggshells around one another with respect to the words they say? If I flipped out on a male colleague for calling me a "gentlemen" what the hell do they think the response would be?
Lady has long been offensive in feminist land, really.
We'll all be happy to know that feminists still expect men to be "gentlemen."

Really?

Post by Really? »

James Caruthers wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/26eeRs7.png

^Tumblr: The Person
I have no clue why you keep looking through the pictures from these deluded, sad people, but that picture and the caption are hilarious.

I'm primarily referring to your other images, but how does ANYONE have so much self esteem based upon so little positive feedback?

James Caruthers

Oh ho ho, you think they don't get positive feedback. You don't use Tumblr much, do you?

You have NO IDEA what a self-reinforcing delusional hugbox it is. These SJWs aren't just shitting up politics, sexuality and atheism, oh no. They're actively encouraging their burgeoning narcissism and potentially fucking up their entire lives and ruining their ability to adjust their expectations for a better (more enjoyable) life. 8^)

It's not too hard to find these:

http://i.imgur.com/AYIsriX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H9Kxrtj.png

http://i.imgur.com/iF3lS88.png

I thought this one was that comicmoobs guy, but there are no glorious moobs in this picture and I don't think he wears makeup. I'm not sure if this is a man or a woman or a transman. :think:

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

That does it, I'm spam listing my IP address.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

X-Files "Humbug"

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Haven't seen this posted here yet, posted on JTE's blog within the past day:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2015 ... or-attack/

(bolding below added by me)
Guest post: In Defense of Religious Satire, A Pastafarian Response to the Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack ...

As the world continues to reel from the vicious terrorist attack that left 12 dead at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, for some in the West the inevitable finger pointing and blame game has already begun. In one corner, right-wing blowhards attempt to smear the entire Muslim faith of over 1 billion people with the heinous acts of two fanatics. While in another corner, politically-correct ninnies minimize the horrible killing of these writers and cartoonists by referencing the paper’s history of “xenophobia, racism, sexism, and homophobia” and claiming the publication somehow “provoked” the violence from Islamic extremists.

Both of these reactions are an affront to civil society. We cannot blame the whole of the followers of Islam for the actions of a group of marginalized individuals. Painting with this broad-brush point of view is a major contributor to the ease with which an entire society can label Muslims as “the other”. It’s this mentality that helps support military imperialism and the wholesale torture and killing of people in far off countries. The second mind-set, one that would explain away the barbaric nature of these killings by limiting freedom of speech, takes away one of our most potent defenses against fanaticism on all sides of the spectrum: Humor and Satire. ...
His former allies are flooding the comment section.

Oh, wait, my mistake - they're not. Three comments so far, one about formatting.

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

I think a fat girl pissed in James Caruthers' cereal, drank all his beer, keyed his car, left a floater in his toilet, registered him on Nambla.org, maxxed out his credit card, turned his girlfriend lesbian, and ran away with his favorite butt plug.

And then he tried to run after her and he lost ALL HIS GAINZ.

That's the only explanation I have for this level of obsessive hatin'. :lol:

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Skep tickle wrote:Haven't seen this posted here yet, posted on JTE's blog within the past day:

Guest post: In Defense of Religious Satire, A Pastafarian Response to the Charlie Hebdo Terror Attack ...

As the world continues to reel from the vicious terrorist attack that left 12 dead at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, for some in the West the inevitable finger pointing and blame game has already begun. In one corner, right-wing blowhards attempt to smear the entire Muslim faith of over 1 billion people with the heinous acts of two fanatics. While in another corner, politically-correct ninnies minimize the horrible killing of these writers and cartoonists by referencing the paper’s history of “xenophobia, racism, sexism, and homophobia” and claiming the publication somehow “provoked” the violence from Islamic extremists.

Both of these reactions are an affront to civil society. We cannot blame the whole of the followers of Islam for the actions of a group of marginalized individuals. Painting with this broad-brush point of view is a major contributor to the ease with which an entire society can label Muslims as “the other”. It’s this mentality that helps support military imperialism and the wholesale torture and killing of people in far off countries. The second mind-set, one that would explain away the barbaric nature of these killings by limiting freedom of speech, takes away one of our most potent defenses against fanaticism on all sides of the spectrum: Humor and Satire. ...

Oh, wait, my mistake - they're not. Three comments so far, one about formatting.
Good post. I see that "Shem the Penman" has said something haughty and cryptic. He posts on message boards, complaining about how *other* commenters have no business posting their opinions unless they are sufficiently learned. He is an insufferable prat.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Garlix wrote:I think a fat girl pissed in James Caruthers' cereal, drank all his beer, keyed his car, left a floater in his toilet, registered him on Nambla.org, maxxed out his credit card, turned his girlfriend lesbian, and ran away with his favorite butt plug.

He simply shines the light, his reasons are his own. Better him than me, I always say. The ways of tumblr are only for the brave and the mad.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Someone wants to save Ed Brayton's life. http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/09/15 ... uice-fast/

James Caruthers

Garlix wrote:I think a fat girl pissed in James Caruthers' cereal, drank all his beer, keyed his car, left a floater in his toilet, registered him on Nambla.org, maxxed out his credit card, turned his girlfriend lesbian, and ran away with his favorite butt plug.

I could say something very witty in this space about the characterization of mockery and lulz as obsessive hatred, and how this applies especially well to a forum called "The Slymepit" which follows every one of PZ Myers' and Rebecca Watson's shits, but I'll leave the inferences for a more intelligent pitter than I to connect. :dance:

Notwithstanding THOSE BITCHEZ COST ME MUH GAINZ GRAR ALL KINDS OF GAINZZZZ BRAH

Last time I donate my brotein to a skanky ho. :naughty:

These songs perfectly describe my mindset when I'm browsing horrific tumblr "activist" photos:

[youtube]sil76t2X_DE[/youtube]

[youtube]y7EpSirtf_E[/youtube]

Maybe you can bleach your brain with these tunes for now... I'll be back to torture you all more later. Maybe. :popcorn:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

New "Skepchick", a chemist, has a post up suggesting people tweet chemistry questions to her under #AskaChemist - so I asked whether there's any basis for the claim that carrot seed oil is particularly good for moisturizing skin.

Some of the sample questions she posted at Skepchick were biomedical more than chemical at her skeptic post, so the carrot oil one may be an interesting addition, and I'd like to see a chemist take it on. :)

(No link as I'm posting from phone)

James Caruthers

Why not just eat carrots seductively and use all-natural moob oil for moisturizing your dry skin?

What kind of hipsters are grinding up carrots to make oil? Or do they selectively breed naturally-oily carrots?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dan wrote:Someone wants to save Ed Brayton's life. http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/09/15 ... uice-fast/
I like Mike Cervich. He is a pro free speech kind of guy. I personally think his "juicing" diet is more or less full of shit. Any benefits from the diet are due to reduced caloric intake. Take away the fiber, and what do you have, weak vitamin water?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Skep tickle wrote:at her skeptic post
was supposed to be "at her Skepchick post" but phone balked

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Ed Braton was a stand up comedian?.... I don't doubt that the statement is true. Being able to survive as a successful stand up comedian can be extremely tough.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ed Brayton encounters an alpha male.

This gon be gud

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

another lurker wrote:My tarpaulin has a large hole in the middle:(
You can wear it as a poncho!

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Lsuoma wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
What the fuck.

Yeah, they can't make bank on their parents anymore...

Fuck, I grew up so poor that my sister and I had one pair of shoes between us, and we couldn't leave the house together because of it. My parents split when I was 12, and I grew up in kids homes and foster homes. My dad topped himself when I was 17, and my mum died of a heart attack (heavy smoker) when I was 27. From the age of 18 I paid my own way, rented a flat, went to uni, built a life and now I'm comfortable. Fuck, NOBODY ever treated me as anything other than an adult and catered to MY fee-fees.

PeeZus Fucking Christ, these whiners are really going to have a hard time when life gets tough.
Luxury.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

James Caruthers wrote:

I could say something very witty in this space about the characterization of mockery and lulz as obsessive hatred, and how this applies especially well to a forum called "The Slymepit" which follows every one of PZ Myers' and Rebecca Watson's shits, but I'll leave the inferences for a more intelligent pitter than I to connect. :dance: ....
Maybe if there was some evidence - in both cases - of an attempt to show the targets the error of their ways then there might not be as much justification for the charge of "obsessive hatin'"?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote:Haven't seen this posted here yet, posted on JTE's blog within the past day:

As the world continues to reel from the vicious terrorist attack that left 12 dead at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, ...

My recent comment (16 minutes ago - precisely) ....

Dan

Post by Dan »

deLurch wrote:
Dan wrote:Someone wants to save Ed Brayton's life. http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/09/15 ... uice-fast/
I like Mike Cervich. He is a pro free speech kind of guy. I personally think his "juicing" diet is more or less full of shit. Any benefits from the diet are due to reduced caloric intake. Take away the fiber, and what do you have, weak vitamin water?
I agree. A balanced diet less crabs, lean meat more vegetables & getting off your ass worked for me.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dan wrote:
deLurch wrote:
I agree. A balanced diet less crabs...& getting off your ass worked for me.

Glad to hear that...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

James Caruthers wrote:Oh ho ho, you think they don't get positive feedback. You don't use Tumblr much, do you?
I'm glad you're willing to trawl through it all to bring us the choicest cuts of hilarity.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

HAHAHA!
Whoever wrote that is a complete arsehole and I love him for it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

deLurch wrote:Ed Braton was a stand up comedian?.... I don't doubt that the statement is true. Being able to survive as a successful stand up comedian can be extremely tough.
Christ. I'd like to watch his "comedy" just for the cringe value.
I have a feeling Ed could reach level 9 on the Foshaug scale of anti-humour.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
deLurch wrote:Ed Braton was a stand up comedian?.... I don't doubt that the statement is true. Being able to survive as a successful stand up comedian can be extremely tough.
Christ. I'd like to watch his "comedy" just for the cringe value.
I have a feeling Ed could reach level 9 on the Foshaug scale of anti-humour.
Here you go. Don't pull any muscles from laughing too hard.

[youtube]58o1i7YPOeU[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

FFRF awards Charlie Hebdo $20,000 as true ‘atheists in foxholes’

Hat tip to Dr Coyne at WEIT.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation is bestowing $20,000 USD to the Parisian magazine Charlie Hebdo "in a show of admiration and solidarity from your atheist and freethinking brothers and sisters across the Atlantic," FFRF Co-Presidents Dan Barker and Annie Laurie Gaylor announced Jan. 15.

"FFRF created an Atheists in Foxholes Support Fund in 2012 to provide a show of support for activists who find themselves in the crossfire as 'atheists in foxholes,' " Gaylor added. "We never imagined atheists would so literally be in the crossfire."

Additional donations received for this fund by FFRF in January will go to Charlie Hebdo. (Select Atheists in Foxhole Support Fund in drop down menu.)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Also a good comic I saw in my feed from SkepticInk, but it's too large to post here, so I leave the link: http://nbek.org/blog/?p=2618, with the link to the original post where I saw it : http://www.skepticink.com/prussian/2015 ... toon-ever/

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Interesting interview with Maajid Nawaz, who, as a young man, was an Islamic extremist, and now works to counter such attitudes and actions:

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/15/377442344 ... moderation

There's a transcript at the link if you don't want to listen to the program. Nawaz points out that it's dishonorable to characterize the Charlie Hebdo cartoons as racist, and that the extremist reaction is to the blasphemy of representing Mohammed. He also gives the example of the genocide of Bosnian Muslims, many of whom were blond and blue-eyed, as running counter to the notion of racism.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Rebecca Watson is admonishing us to reduce our energy consumption and to go green:
New York state has become the first state to ban fracking, but of course, if we really want to see the practice ended, we should all take steps to reduce our energy consumption. So here are a few tips for you, at home, to reduce our increasingly dangerous reliance upon fossil fuels:

Turn out lights when you leave the room.
Unplug electronics when they’re not in use.
Sell your car and buy a bike.
Don’t have children. If you already have children, hook them up to a Matrix-like energy harvesting machine.
Reject the capitalist imperative.
Hmmmm ... reducing air travel isn't on her list of greenie things to do. I wonder why that is?

Also, I guess it's easy to sell your car and buy a bike, if you can eschew the transportation because you don't really work for a living. Parasite. She's hooked up to a "Matrix-like energy harvesting machine" - it's called "Patreon."

Southern

Post by Southern »

[/quote]

Wait, did Ed Baryton got sued last year? By who? And was he passing the hat again? Where was I when this potentially lulzy situation was happening?

Southern

Post by Southern »

rayshul wrote:Ed Brayton encounters an alpha male.

This gon be gud
Can both of them lose in the end? They are both twats, in different ways.