Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
dog puke

Re: STFU about Zimmerman. Nobody else gives a crap.

Post by dog puke »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
dog puke wrote:Happy Birthday Ludwig!!

[.youtube]wyC-F3pjBXc[/youtube]

Gould and Beethoven. Fuck atheism - gods exist.
I have a love/hate thing with Gould. Accordingly, I love/hate that clip.

For comparison, here is that one played by a sane person—much closer to what Ludwig actually indicated in the score, FWIW:

[.youtube]BbGLNZpatRA[/youtube]
Arrau is brilliant, no doubt. (I do love Gould though I realize his approach is not exactly conventional.)

For Beethoven I also really like Anton Kuerti.

Kazakh

Post by Kazakh »

[youtube]e3ZuPR8QQ1g[/youtube]

The lad himself with his mate William.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:I nominate Nugent for Atheist of the Year, if there is such a thing.

Which reminds me: I had this idea that we should have annual Slymepit awards, which we'll call the Slimeys, or something like that. We'll name an atheist of the year, cunt of the year, photoshop of the year, LOL of the year, etc., and pick the winners via a poll. I'm not sure I feel like enacting the labor, so maybe somebody else could orchestrate it. :)
I, too, considered an annual Slymies awards, but likewise couldn't enact the labor. A great concept, but somehow very un- pittisch to do anything more than half-assed.
I want a good chance to win a Slymbadge. Can we have bore of the year?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Atticus Finch, rape apologist.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2557457/
Good satire. But I'm afraid that many SJWs won't get it. Atticus defends a PoC, so he's on the side of the angels.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Aneris wrote:I don't see a coherent ideology, or a long term plan with social justice warriors. I see Social justice warriorism as an individualist movement (ultimately) with people trying to outdo each other who is the better person. It grew from a tradition that started with the Old Left (think oily workers, class and capitalism) then brought about the New Left (think hippies, liberal reforms, freedom of speech), then modified and pulverized by academical postmodernists (think radical feminists, relativism, identity politics) and the current thing takes it a step further. Everything is individual, known as “intersectionality”. This allows everyone to have their personal “lived experience” which then serves as a justification for individual bullshit that doesn't have to glue with reality. Now that needs to be weaponized, where accusations come in rather handy.

Then there is a strand from the right wing that goes well together with it: social control, peer pressure, shunning shaming, taking matters into own hands (vigilantism, doxxing, social media kangaroo court). The reason seem to be that “intersectional” individuals need a way to differentiate themselves from others. Social justice warriors are oddly similar to far right Evangelicals: they want to look better than their neighbour.

I suspect that sharing links with “good views” is simply too easy now, it's “cheap signalling” also thanks to US partisanship where you can predict well that someone who thinks one thing most likely also believes something else. A vegetarian who is pro-choice? Most likely. As a result you have news and media catering to those audience where sharing something from such respected sites is almost guaranteed the “right view”. As a result, the intersectional social justice enthusiast must go beyond sharing links, but show “activism” online where the rhetorical weapons can be put to use. Perhaps social media has more to do with it. It provides an abundance of people where it doesn't matter if you go cross with thousands of them or “burn them” with shunning and shaming and that can be used by the SJW to portay themselves on the “right side”. Each encounter moves them further on the various axis into the desired position, where they gain status. Here they can show that they truly, truly, want gays to marry, poor Muslims protected from backlash, and whatever else looks good right now.

That's still not all of it. There is no one true answer and the above is pretty much educated guesswork or just another lens through which this can be viewed. However, I don't see a coherent end-game or goal. The ideology is merely a means to “be a good person” mixed with an individualist worldview that borrows from postmodernism and radical feminism, condensed into a tight set of views through peer pressure, competition and partisan polarisation.
I disagree with your conclusion that this movement is individualist. There are strong group cult dynamics in both far-right evangelism and SJWism. They parade as individuals but derive most of their organization, ideology, supply and support from the group. "Amplify" is a SJW word meaning to spread the dogma far and wide on social media. "Evangelize" is the word for the far-right christian version. Both mean the same thing in practice. Whose words are being amplified? Not those of the individual. This is group think, not individual thought.

Individualism is more like Iron Pill, Ayn Rand (who was atheist,) and Zen Buddhism. These are movements which at least claim the superiority of the individual in some sense. Zen Buddhism, for example, largely rejects hierarchy in favor of introspection and satori. Of course, it's more complex than that. Ayn Rand's philosophy, as I understand it, is that the desires of the individual should supersede those of the group and the individual should be free to pursue their dreams to the best of their abilities, even if it harms others (this is the most charitable reading of Randian libertarianism.)

SJWism does not allow for the individual to in any way cause harm to an in-group SJW member or community. If an individual lesbian does not want to suck transcock, this is a heinous act of bigoted transmisogyny which hurts everyone! She must be squashed! An individual gay man with no interest in transcunts is a sexist swine who must be shamed! Freely choosing to create comics which oppose SJW group dogma is a crime punishable by doxxing and firing!

The orthodoxy is much more group-oriented than you seem to be implying, imo. I don't think it's just about looking better than the neighbors. There is a very real fear (much like Mao's "great leap forward") driving these people to become more extreme. They are not trying to build themselves up, but to avoid becoming a victim of the ritual tear-down. I have read far too many ex-SJW articles at this point where the escaped SJW described their feelings of terror and paranoia at being surrounded by this club of toxic bullies.

The same dynamic is at work in fundamentalist religious communities, btw. I experienced this firsthand growing up. Fear, as Grand Moff Tarkin so eloquently put it, will keep the local populations in line. Fear of the social network, and what it can do to destroy you if you step out of line. SJWs, like churches, become the social center of people's lives, and then use the threat of shunning, shaming and malicious lies/rumor-mongering to keep people under the leash.

I don't see anything particularly individualistic about either of these ideologies, except perhaps the packaging they use to sell themselves to those who are not members.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

I found another one with Ophelia versus Plethora in the comments.
:D
https://archive.today/efqbt

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

In other news, and maybe of some general interest, HJ Hornbeck is up to his usual again, this time on M.A. Melby's blog. My latest comment in response.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

:clap: Quite impressive, quite relevant & apropos.

And a lot more credible & justified than your recent 'shop of Watson which looked more mean than anything else .....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dog puke wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:

For comparison, here is that one played by a sane person—much closer to what Ludwig actually indicated in the score, FWIW:

Arrau is brilliant, no doubt. (I do love Gould though I realize his approach is not exactly conventional.)

Kuerti's da bomb.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:I nominate Nugent for Atheist of the Year, if there is such a thing.

Which reminds me: I had this idea that we should have annual Slymepit awards, which we'll call the Slimeys, or something like that. We'll name an atheist of the year, cunt of the year, photoshop of the year, LOL of the year, etc., and pick the winners via a poll. I'm not sure I feel like enacting the labor, so maybe somebody else could orchestrate it. :)
I, too, considered an annual Slymies awards, but likewise couldn't enact the labor. A great concept, but somehow very un- pittisch to do anything more than half-assed.
I want a good chance to win a Slymbadge. Can we have bore of the year?
A poll has been posted.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Lsuoma wrote:
Couple of things:
1. He's still pimping links back to Scienceblogs - no surprise since I'm sure the monetary value of TardClicks is going down and down.
2. He can't spell cemetery.
I'm surprised he didn't spell it 'sematary'.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Lsuoma wrote:
John Greg wrote:Facepalm times ten.

Ophie gets into a back-and-forth with We are Plethora. Got to be seen to be believed: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... nt-4864363 .

I do not do any of those page saving chores -- cannot be bothered enacting the labour. So, if someone else wants to archive or whatever, please feel free. But really, it has got to be seen to be believed.

:clap: :dance: :doh: :hand:
Took me 20s: https://archive.today/iEbY1
I don't know why, but that just made my day.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Ogvorbis is going for maximum sympathy tonight.
Ogvorbis wrote:(Sorry. At this point, it is make bad jokes or, well, bad things.)
Ogvorbis wrote:Sorry. Feeling really down. Suicidal ideas and easy access to large quantities of oxycodone and diazepam aren’t a good combination. Haven’t gone there and I’m almost sure I won’t, but, bad jokes help to put a barrier up between me and the world.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ounge-485/

If he's genuinely in distress, he needs professional help, not faux-sympathy and virtual hugs from a bunch of enablers. If he's not, well then he still needs professional help, but for other reasons.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Aneris wrote:I don't see a coherent ideology, or a long term plan with social justice warriors. I see Social justice warriorism as an individualist movement (ultimately) with people trying to outdo each other who is the better person.
That's still not all of it. There is no one true answer and the above is pretty much educated guesswork or just another lens through which this can be viewed. However, I don't see a coherent end-game or goal. The ideology is merely a means to “be a good person” mixed with an individualist worldview that borrows from postmodernism and radical feminism, condensed into a tight set of views through peer pressure, competition and partisan polarisation.
"trying to outdo each other who is the better person" seems a not particularly discreditable pattern or mode of behaviour. What I object to, in general, is when the tail winds up wagging the dog - like the boy scout trying to chivvy a little old lady across the street in a direction she doesn't want to go.

In any case, if you haven't seen this before then you might want to take a gander at Will Shetterly's blog which features his book "How to make a Social Justice Warrior" - my comment there relative to his post on Watson's doxxing "philosophy".

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CuntajusRationality wrote:Ogvorbis is going for maximum sympathy tonight.
Ogvorbis wrote:(Sorry. At this point, it is make bad jokes or, well, bad things.)
Ogvorbis wrote:Sorry. Feeling really down. Suicidal ideas and easy access to large quantities of oxycodone and diazepam aren’t a good combination. Haven’t gone there and I’m almost sure I won’t, but, bad jokes help to put a barrier up between me and the world.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ounge-485/

If he's genuinely in distress, he needs professional help, not faux-sympathy and virtual hugs from a bunch of enablers. If he's not, well then he still needs professional help, but for other reasons.
I'd really like to know what he thinks of Myer's policy on doxxing and "tit-for-tat", particularly in light of the fact that Damion "has the goods on him" and seems itching to release it.

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

Wow! Michael Nugent took a knife, stuck it into PZ Meyers, twisted it around, wiped it off, stuck it back in, and totally removed every single bit of Meyer's reputation.

As a hatchet job on a scale of 1-10, this was a 15.

Hey, Peezus, your actions *do* have consequences, Your tiny little life gets shredded by the Nugent.

He has lifted up the stone, shone a light on what was crawling under there. And it does not look pretty.

I bet PeeZus now wishes he had stuck to being an insignificant teacher in a backwater town. It was safe there.

But he had to play with the big boys.....

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

Thinking about this way more than I should...what the fuck are 'Christian' chimes? How can you call a melody 'religious'? I understand the they are melodies from religious songs, but if there are no words, the chimes themselves cannot be 'Christian' or 'religious'. He's really not that bright.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

dog puke wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:

You have good taste.

A couple more short clips in honor of his birthday, both from the late quartets:

[youtube]pOB4YD7iZDA[/youtube]

[youtube]OZw-0zArfX4[/youtube]

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:

[youtube]wyC-F3pjBXc[/youtube]

[youtube]BbGLNZpatRA[/youtube]

Unsurprisingly, Gould basically made it sound like a JS Bach piece. Harpsichord-like, percussive, ultra-regular rhythm that emphasizes the harmonic content. I like it.

Hey, at least he didn't mumble over it!

didymos

Post by didymos »

So, we haven't heard from Elyse in a while. Wonder what she's been up to?
Oh. Right.

windy

Post by windy »

James Caruthers wrote:Hey everyone,

So I've been dealing with kind of a tricky proposition, and that's how to explain this whole atheism drama to an outsider. How would you do it? If someone had no prior exposure to the atheist community, how would you even begin to put forth a capsule timeline? There are so many elements which the FTB crowd use based on appearance. IE the slymepit side seems to oppose "feminism" which translates to laypeople as "you lot want to rape women into the kitchen!" How do you begin to describe the toxic narcissism of the FTB/Skepchick brand of feminism as separate and distinct from the movement around giving women the vote?
You could point to some better-known case where people have claimed to be fighting for a good cause, like the satanic abuse scare, McCarthyism, or preventive detention of terrorism suspects, and ask if the ends justify the means for them. Analogies are imperfect, but might get some people to think.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

didymos wrote:So, we haven't heard from Elyse in a while. Wonder what she's been up to?
Oh. Right.
I heard she had an abortion, too! She's cool and edgy!!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:In other news, and maybe of some general interest, HJ Hornbeck is up to his usual again, this time on M.A. Melby's blog. My latest comment in response.
In which you say:
However, while I’ll readily concede that the “black people are criminals” meme is highly questionable – as many stereotypes frequently are, particularly when applied to entire populations – I think far too many people tend to insist that those stereotypes are not at all an accurate summation or sketch of some segment of the population, and that they can therefore be dismissed out-of-hand.
...on, of all people, MA Melby's blog, no less!

http://i.imgur.com/jq4xBOo.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Are we trying to civilize the 'Pit? Ok, here's some more great Beethoven music played by a great pianist.

[youtube]YKlLPe86Flk[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

NoGodsEver wrote:
I heard she had an abortion, too!
Too bad her mom didn't.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Bwahahahahaa!

[youtube]VYX_NDRMkXc[/youtube]

Dave

Post by Dave »

Steersman wrote:
Aneris wrote:I don't see a coherent ideology, or a long term plan with social justice warriors. I see Social justice warriorism as an individualist movement (ultimately) with people trying to outdo each other who is the better person.
"trying to outdo each other who is the better person" seems a not particularly discreditable pattern or mode of behaviour. What I object to, in general, is when the tail winds up wagging the dog - like the boy scout trying to chivvy a little old lady across the street in a direction she doesn't want to go.
At least the boy scout is actually doing something. When the competition seems to play out as one-upmanship over what the players disapprove of, I become far less charitable towards it. But I dont think such behavior is limited to SJWs: I see it commonly, sometimes in things as trivial as proper use of grammar or even typographic conventions. (Really?! Do you really care if I use one space or two between sentences? Or is this just some stupid way for you to flog your ego into believing you are superior to someone else?) I dont think that being good should be a competition, but if it need to be, and in the end almost everything humans do does end up as a competition, is should be on the deeds, not just the claims.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

subbie1957 wrote:Wow! Michael Nugent took a knife, stuck it into PZ Meyers, twisted it around, wiped it off, stuck it back in, and totally removed every single bit of Meyer's reputation.

Hey, Peezus, your actions *do* have consequences, Your tiny little life gets shredded by the Nugent.

He has lifted up the stone, shone a light on what was crawling under there. And it does not look pretty.

I bet PeeZus now wishes he had stuck to being an insignificant teacher in a backwater town. It was safe there.

Anybody got a listing of PZ upcoming speaking gigs ( are there even any left?) anyone still willing to host this demented fuckwit should be sent Nuge's post.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

didymos wrote:So, we haven't heard from Elyse in a while. Wonder what she's been up to?
Oh. Right.
Lol thats actually pretty funny.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Jan Steen wrote:Are we trying to civilize the 'Pit? Ok, here's some more great Beethoven music played by a great pianist.

[youtube]YKlLPe86Flk[/youtube]
Yes, I love this recording! The slow movement especially.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

[youtube]vK_eVaLeiQ0[/youtube]

Also, PeeZus is a vindictive fuckwit.

didymos

Post by didymos »

comhcinc wrote:
Oh. Right.
It's funny because it's true! Or not so much if you're the kids, I suppose.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Steersman wrote:
:clap: Quite impressive, quite relevant & apropos.
Thank you, Steersman :D
Steersman wrote:And a lot more credible & justified than your recent 'shop of Watson which looked more mean than anything else .....
Noted.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

comhcinc wrote:

Oh. Right.
She's always been funny.

She's always been on the verge of setting herself on fire, too.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
subbie1957 wrote:Wow! Michael Nugent took a knife, stuck it into PZ Meyers, twisted it around, wiped it off, stuck it back in, and totally removed every single bit of Meyer's reputation.

Anybody got a listing of PZ upcoming speaking gigs ( are there even any left?) anyone still willing to host this demented fuckwit should be sent Nuge's post.
http://lanyrd.com/profile/pzmyers/

Git

Post by Git »

Nugent's Tour De'Force has been retweeted by Dawkins. Also commented on by Cathy Young.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Ape+lust wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
And who the hell can take a terrorist act and turn it into a thread about 'privilege'? With the word 'coffee' in it?
Who can turn the world off with her bile?
Who can take a terror act, and suddenly make it all about lifestyle?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Hate them all around, you cannot waste it
They can drink a cup, why don't you take it
You'll never make it after all
You'll never make it after all
http://imgur.com/Oz1JDFN.jpg
rofl :D

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

NoGodsEver wrote:Thinking about this way more than I should...what the fuck are 'Christian' chimes? How can you call a melody 'religious'? I understand the they are melodies from religious songs, but if there are no words, the chimes themselves cannot be 'Christian' or 'religious'. He's really not that bright.
This time of year I walk into a store and hear a ton of religious instrumentals.

I can sort of agree with Myers that a church that is playing loudly all day long religious tunes on its chimes should somehow be asked to be more considerate of the community. If creating an Internet poll and asking the world to shit on the church is the best way to go about it, well, probably not.

UC Berkeley has a wonderful carillon up in the Campanile. I wouldn't want to hear them play Silent Night all year round, but I can imagine having an day or two of Christmas music played on the carillon would be fun.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Oh surely we'll doxx ya!
Shout the loud bells of Pharyngula.

Is there hope for the whiners?
Ask the squashed bells of Mangina.

And who hosts the con?
Plead the broad bells of Zvan.

There must be a harassment policy.
Say the oppressed bells of FtB.

Shermer will play with his dick!
Shriek the mean bells of Skepchick.

He will ply them with drink!
Warn the surly bells Ceramic.

To the west things are sullen
Pout the grim bells of Benson.

The evil Slymepit must end!
Cry the lie-bells of Gods-a-Million.

They should die by the sword!
Bleat the shrill bells of the Horde.

Why so worried? All is well!
Sing the malingering bells of Mel.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I think I found Ophelia's favorite coffee shop...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5Ao0SPCUAA8Ttb.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Git wrote:Nugent's Tour De'Force has been retweeted by Dawkins. Also commented on by Cathy Young.
Good to know. Didn't see retweet by Dawkins but saw the comment by Young. For posterity:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

BarnOwl wrote:Oh surely we'll doxx ya!
Shout the loud bells of Pharyngula.
And who hosts the con?
Plead the broad bells of Zvan.

There must be a harassment policy.
Say the oppressed bells of FtB.

Shermer will play with his dick!
Shriek the mean bells of Skepchick.

He will ply them with drink!
Warn the surly bells Ceramic.

Why so worried? All is well!
Sing the malingering bells of Mel.
:clap: :lol:

Particularly love "Warn the surly bells Ceramic"

katamari Damassi

So the US presidential election in 2016 looks like it's going to be Jeb Bush v Hillary Clinton. So I'm asking non US pitters to help me emigrate.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

JacquesCuze wrote:
This time of year I walk into a store and hear a ton of religious instrumentals.

I can sort of agree with Myers that a church that is playing loudly all day long religious tunes on its chimes should somehow be asked to be more considerate of the community. If creating an Internet poll and asking the world to shit on the church is the best way to go about it, well, probably not.

UC Berkeley has a wonderful carillon up in the Campanile. I wouldn't want to hear them play Silent Night all year round, but I can imagine having an day or two of Christmas music played on the carillon would be fun.
Change-ringing. If I ever live in that green and pleasant land again, I'm going to learn change-ringing.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Some serious jaundice going on there.

Either that or she soaks her hands in curry for the trendy new "I'm a useless SJW hag who talks the talk, and then copypastas it."

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:So the US presidential election in 2016 looks like it's going to be Jeb Bush v Hillary Clinton. So I'm asking non US pitters to help me emigrate.
Don't write off Fatty Christie or Liz "Bunny" Warren just yet.

But if it does go the way you suggest, it would mean that from 1988 to 2020, there will only have been eight out of 32 years where there was neither a Bush nor a Clinton in the White House.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dave wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Aneris wrote:I don't see a coherent ideology, or a long term plan with social justice warriors. I see Social justice warriorism as an individualist movement (ultimately) with people trying to outdo each other who is the better person. ....
At least the boy scout is actually doing something. When the competition seems to play out as one-upmanship over what the players disapprove of, I become far less charitable towards it. But I dont think such behavior is limited to SJWs: I see it commonly, sometimes in things as trivial as proper use of grammar or even typographic conventions. (Really?! Do you really care if I use one space or two between sentences? Or is this just some stupid way for you to flog your ego into believing you are superior to someone else?) I dont think that being good should be a competition, but if it need to be, and in the end almost everything humans do does end up as a competition, is should be on the deeds, not just the claims.
I quite agree that it is a common behaviour, and one that I don't see as necessarily problematic - probably a necessary part of maintaining society on an even keel. Something we all, or most of us, do to maintain or enforce "community standards" of one type or another, whether it's driving on the right side of the road, defining when and how and who to dox, what epithets are "appropriate" in which circumstances, the proper use of grammatic syntax, which individuals can be targeted with ridicule and of what type, etc., etc., etc. I figure the best "paradigmantic" case of that is how metronomes can self-synchronize because of mutual coupling and feedback - as I've argued once or twice before including here ....

Two-edged sword though as the "dark side" of it is, arguably, group-think and the like.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:So the US presidential election in 2016 looks like it's going to be Jeb Bush v Hillary Clinton. So I'm asking non US pitters to help me emigrate.

I would take that bet. History says you are wrong.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I have to say that I am completely on PZ's side on this issue. No one should have to be a captive audience to other people's music. And if it's forced religious music, that's even worse.

Forced music isn't only a volume issue either. Even at partially lowered volumes, if a melody and/or beat can still be heard, it's too loud.

Mind you, PZ is such an asshole that the issue becomes: is he bad enough to deserve ear torture, or not? Certainly his family and neighbours don't. Discuss, please. :lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:
Actions speak louder than words. You could have used the opportunity to pee on his shoes.
I was within shoe peeing distance at one point, and I was heading towards the Gents at the time so I must have had a full bladder. In evo psych terms, peeing is the way men mark their territory. By peeing on his shoes I would have been claiming Myers as my own. I don't want to make him my bitch, I just want him to go away.
For that, you have to shit on his shoes. :lol:
Which would have had the secondary advantage of ensuring that Meyers was followed round for the rest of the day by a huge Zvanatee, trying to lick his feet like a cow that just found a patch of sweet green grass.

katamari Damassi

comhcinc wrote:

I hope so. I'm not even a Hillary hater. I've met her and found her to be impressive and charismatic, but I don't want either of those two to be president.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Scented Nectar wrote:
I have to say that I am completely on PZ's side on this issue. No one should have to be a captive audience to other people's music. And if it's forced religious music, that's even worse.

Forced music isn't only a volume issue either. Even at partially lowered volumes, if a melody and/or beat can still be heard, it's too loud.

Mind you, PZ is such an asshole that the issue becomes: is he bad enough to deserve ear torture, or not? Certainly his family and neighbours don't. Discuss, please. :lol:
888 votes so far. I doubt that many people in Morris are voting. I call shenanigans.

[youtube]RvK1F-Thrzk[/youtube]

Dan

Post by Dan »

Scented Nectar wrote:

I agree. I'd just like to fuck with his poll.

katamari Damassi

Scented Nectar wrote:

I don't mind bells and chimes. The music is still pretty even if it's Christian. I spent years being women up at dawn by a muezzin blaring from bad speakers atop a mosque. That sucked.

me again

Post by me again »

comhcinc wrote:

With the budget that has passed, Obama is toast and Hillary with him. Elizabeth Warren will be the front runner and after the next two years of Retardlicans fucking up Congress she will win.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

I hope so. I'm not even a Hillary hater. I've met her and found her to be impressive and charismatic, but I don't want either of those two to be president.
I don't think Jeb has much of a chance. The being the fat unfunny son isn't going to play well, but I give better odds of getting past the primaries than Hillary.

Everyone is gunning for her, she has too much baggage to make it through the even early campaigns. Democrats historically don't give more than one shot. Republicans can hang around a lot and be almost rans Bob Dole for example starting running for president in the 80s.

The early "leaders" also tend to burn out and it almost always ends up being "unknowns" people get excited by shiny new things.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

That's enough of your mockin'!
State the smack-bells of Dawkins.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:I was within shoe peeing distance at one point, and I was heading towards the Gents at the time so I must have had a full bladder. In evo psych terms, peeing is the way men mark their territory. By peeing on his shoes I would have been claiming Myers as my own. I don't want to make him my bitch, I just want him to go away.
For that, you have to shit on his shoes. :lol:
Which would have had the secondary advantage of ensuring that Meyers was followed round for the rest of the day by a huge Zvanatee, trying to lick his feet like a cow that just found a patch of sweet green grass.
I don't know, but I want to be there (with noseplugs on) to video PZ and his entourage for youtube. :)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Hedonismbot in 2016!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

http://www.bringinghopetothetable.com/

Go there,click link Kroger donates food. Nothing to sign up for, no tracking. Do it.