Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by fuzzy »

another lurker wrote: Well, they aren't *really* men, since there are no differences between the sexes, so by objectifying them, we are really objectifying women, who are actually the same thing as men. Yeah.
This Echo CS-400 is a total homolog.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
another lurker wrote:Who needs..

Titties n' Kitties

When you can have...

Moobz n' Sawz
I feel so inadequate. I've only got pecs 'n sawz.
Well, I for one am glad that the pit has some men who are well endowed in the moobie department and not shy about it.

Well, they aren't *really* men, since there are no differences between the sexes, so by objectifying them, we are really objectifying women, who are actually the same thing as men. Yeah.
Ok. I'll stop doing push ups and start eating more cream doughnuts.

But I will retain my preference for boobs without a pelt.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

another lurker wrote:I just moved some wood out here in the snow whilst fully clothed. I even wore a hat, and gloves
It's pretty frigid over on the East Coast, although I suspect you'd consider this weather tropical.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sasquatch shamer!!

You're just lucky that The Sasquatch and the Abominable Snowman don't twitter!!

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

KiwiInOz wrote: Ok. I'll stop doing push ups and start eating more cream doughnuts.

But I will retain my preference for boobs without a pelt.
LOL! I will say, the last time I de-haired those things marked the beginning of a long and successful weight loss, 'twas quite a motivating sight.

Nec_V20

Finding everything in Windows in the same list

Post by Nec_V20 »

For those not ignoring me, a little Easter-egg :P

Here's the deal, you need to change something in Windows and have forgotten under which subheading or which tab under which subheading it is and have had to, for the umpteenth time go through a bunch of clicks to get to where you want to go.

Here's how to avoid that.

Create a new folder on the desktop or anywhere else

Now rename the folder to:

AllInOne.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

You can change the "AllInOne" part of it to whatever you want and of course you can just copypasta the curly brackets bit from here.

Sorted.

Now you have all the commands for changing things in Windows in one list.

Nec_V20

Re: Finding everything in Windows in the same list

Post by Nec_V20 »

Nec_V20 wrote:For those not ignoring me, a little Easter-egg :P

Here's the deal, you need to change something in Windows and have forgotten under which subheading or which tab under which subheading it is and have had to, for the umpteenth time go through a bunch of clicks to get to where you want to go.

You can change the "AllInOne" part of it to whatever you want and of course you can just copypasta the curly brackets bit from here.

Sorted.

PS
Don't forget the dot "." between the "AllInOne" and the bit in the curly brackets.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

bovarchist wrote: I'll see you, and raise...

[youtube]eBN0PMoZWLQ[/youtube]

Yes, that's a real company, and yes, that's Mantracker.
:lol:
But he sure as hell won't take it from you :D

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sulman wrote:
another lurker wrote:I just moved some wood out here in the snow whilst fully clothed. I even wore a hat, and gloves
It's pretty frigid over on the East Coast, although I suspect you'd consider this weather tropical.
An Inuit fellow moved down here from the Yukon, and he told us that he only had to put a jacket on once while here - below zero weather = positively balmy to a guy who is accustomed to regular -30. There is a town in Siberia, I believe, coldest inhabited region on earth, where the average temp is like -70. It warms up to -30 for a few days every year. That is summer, in this town.

I wouldn't be so sure that we here in BC have it worse than folks out east. At least our weather is moderated by the Pacific Ocean, whereas the poor fuckers in the central and eastern regions get the brunt of the polar air.

Shatterface as Guest

Post by Shatterface as Guest »

Okay, this has gotta throw SJW brains in a spin: a musical based on the true story of 9 black boys accused of rape: The Scottsboro Boys

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scot ... _(musical)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uV1pt2wKjJM/T ... om_McC.jpg

So racist judicial system vs believe the victim.

Plus, show tunes, so gay.

- Shatterface

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Last year, Tapir.

But you almost had me

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Sorted.

I'm replying to this so that everone (no fucker has me on ignore, that's for fucking sure) can see this information.

Slymepit pease note: Nerd_V20 is a superpoweruser of Computers. Xis knowledge is without bounds, which means that every time xe doubleposted, or fucked up the quote tags in a comment, xe did it deliberately to teach us all a lesson. About something. You wouldn't understand.

Anyway, back to the point: xe has generously alerted us to this clever little PC trick so that we can all take a step along the road towards becoming a superpoweruser of Computers, like xim. Okay, so this information has been public since 2007, if not earlier, but only a hyperskeptical cuntnut would mention that.

Thanks, Nerd, for trying to make us superpowerusers of computers, like yourself.

Sincerely,
Conc.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

zenbabe wrote:Last year, Tapir.

But you almost had me
And here was I, dashing off on my stead to white knight Abbie in the comments.

http://www.rockinghorses-animals.com/im ... -horse.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

But you almost had me
Ah, I loved those days, back when Vacula still existed and he had a South American doppelganger.

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Sorted.

I'm replying to this so that everone (no fucker has me on ignore, that's for fucking sure) can see this information.

Slymepit pease note: Nerd_V20 is a superpoweruser of Computers. Xis knowledge is without bounds, which means that every time xe doubleposted, or fucked up the quote tags in a comment, xe did it deliberately to teach us all a lesson. About something. You wouldn't understand.

Anyway, back to the point: xe has generously alerted us to this clever little PC trick so that we can all take a step along the road towards becoming a superpoweruser of Computers, like xim. Okay, so this information has been public since 2007, if not earlier, but only a hyperskeptical cuntnut would mention that.

Thanks, Nerd, for trying to make us superpowerusers of computers, like yourself.

Sincerely,
Conc.
This information has been around since about 1995. So you were only off by 12 years or so - not bad.

I hardly ever see my desktop - only when I reboot which doesn't happen all that often - I just did one and saw it on my desktop and thought I would share it with you.

After many years - especially about twenty - things get so obvious that you don't think about it any more. If I hadn't posted now I would have gone back to taking it for granted and not thought about it again.

What's with the German accent?

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Oh, yeah. A female POC as Witch of the Week. Mega :popcorn:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

another lurker wrote:Sasquatch shamer!!

You're just lucky that The Sasquatch and the Abominable Snowman don't twitter, yeti!!
FTFY

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Slymepit pease note: Nerd_V20 is a superpoweruser of Computers.
Can he get Smatterface xis account back so I can ignore xim, too?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

FfTB comedy versus Pit, part II

http://i.imgur.com/Ho06YPi.png

Stolen from a Tumblr account, via another Tumblr account, [etc for several hundred iterations], via school boys everywhere 30 years ago and ever since.

Compare to the genius on display here.

:bjarte:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Slymepit pease note: Nerd_V20 is a superpoweruser of Computers.
Can he get Smatterface xis account back so I can ignore xim, too?
What happened with Shatterface? Why is he posting as Shatterface Guest? Is he just on vacation or something, wit weird internet connections?

I need to give up my job as International Space Exploration Consortium Group Leader (Comet Landing Department) so I can keep up with Pit politics.

Anything else happened recently I need to be aware of?

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

But you almost had me
Then you did a lot better than me.

:oops:

It was the first article I saw when I went to Nugent's page....fuck knows why it was there.

Serves me right for not looking closer while in possession of a penis.

:cdc:

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Bet Tapir wished xis Edit button worked....

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Tapir wrote:

But you almost had me
Then you did a lot better than me.

:oops:

It was the first article I saw when I went to Nugent's page....fuck knows why it was there.

Serves me right for not looking closer while in possession of a penis.

:cdc:
You coulda said "haha I meant to fool you!", and been the swole master of pit puppets.

I was primed to post something very ranty and cranky and bitchy and moany, but in the nick of time caught the date.

Post by Guest »

zenbabe wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Pffft. I wore plaid flannel shirts and a CPO jacket in the 70s and 80s, when they were still totally uncool. Just ordered a flannel shirt from Duluth Trading Co., because it looked like a great thing to wear when working in the yard or out at the boarding stable.
I want everything at that store! :) Never heard of it before, but it's now in my shopping bookmarks.
Agreed.
They have pretty great commercials too, manlets.

[youtube]XSxF1KG_b68[/youtube]
There's no way to make the word "gusset" sound manly. Nonetheless, it was a noble effort.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Nec_V20 wrote:

Sorted.

PS
Don't forget the dot "." between the "AllInOne" and the bit in the curly brackets.
Windows is for manlets who don't even lift.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Plethora posted this on Avi's:

November 21, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Avicenna,
Sorry but you are wrong on one point. Dawkins has in fact been elected as the new atheist pope. Upon the death of the former atheist pope (Christopher Hitchens) a secretive MRA-conclave was held within the confines of the pit to elect their new leader. Once they had settled on Dawkins, they released a photoshopped picture of white smoke billowing out of Professor Myers’ backside.

Now they treat every Dawkins utterance and tweet as if were an atheist-papal bull, and they fawn all over him just to get the chance to reach out and touch his robes as he ushers past.

In all seriousness, we have heard rumors about the most loyal Dawkinsian pitters having regular Google-handouts where they have readings from The God Delusion and sermons delivered by ordained atheists priests like Mykeru.
Someone blurting out secrets from the backchannel! :evil: The leak needs to be sealed now!
http://i.imgur.com/0mP3Q13.jpg

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Plethora posted this on Avi's:

November 21, 2014 at 4:49 AM

Avicenna,
Sorry but you are wrong on one point. Dawkins has in fact been elected as the new atheist pope. Upon the death of the former atheist pope (Christopher Hitchens) a secretive MRA-conclave was held within the confines of the pit to elect their new leader. Once they had settled on Dawkins, they released a photoshopped picture of white smoke billowing out of Professor Myers’ backside.

Now they treat every Dawkins utterance and tweet as if were an atheist-papal bull, and they fawn all over him just to get the chance to reach out and touch his robes as he ushers past.

In all seriousness, we have heard rumors about the most loyal Dawkinsian pitters having regular Google-handouts where they have readings from The God Delusion and sermons delivered by ordained atheists priests like Mykeru.
Someone blurting out secrets from the backchannel! :evil: The leak needs to be sealed now!
http://i.imgur.com/0mP3Q13.jpg
They don't yet know about Mykeru splitting from the one true Slymepit church and forming his own heretical sect.

Really?

Post by Really? »

bovarchist wrote:Did anyone else see this picture that Michael Shermer just posted of himself?

Mike, maybe right now is not the time to be putting rapey meme-worthy pics of yourself in the Intertubez. #cosby
B26Hyl1CAAAKnzi.jpg
Sounds like victim blaming, brah. Dude should be allowed to post whatever pics of himself he likes without numbnuts dipshits slandering him with unproven allegations that were workshopped on the JREF blog and came out half a decade later and don't make much logical sense.

I know you're not slandering Shermer, but I can't imagine that the anti-victim blaming crew would do such a thing for real. They're REALLY against victim blaming.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:They don't yet know about Mykeru splitting from the one true Slymepit church and forming his own heretical sect.
I agree. Burn the fucking heretic!

CuntajusRationality

John Greg wrote:On another post, Avi makes the interesting claim that he:
... wrote the "idiot’s guide to immunity" which is still being passed around to educate new parents on how vaccines work.
Interesting. I did a Google but could not find a book titled exactly that, but I did find a book entitled: Complete Idiot's Guide to Boosting Your Immunity.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... nt-1439901
I'm pretty sure this is it:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... -squeezie/

Nec_V20

Post by Nec_V20 »

dogen wrote:
Windows is for manlets who don't even lift.
I am so overcome I will just have to defenistrate myself now.

CuntajusRationality

deLurch wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:They don't yet know about Mykeru splitting from the one true Slymepit church and forming his own heretical sect.
http://i.imgur.com/zlQrDWv.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Wow! It's like one of those see how many differences you can spot games.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

LOL - doesn't Barbie know she has to go down on guys to be a successful game developer?

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/barbie-eng ... evelopers/

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... cart_river

19 years in prison. Conviction waved two years after the victim recants and says she made it all up. The part I found the most horrifying, "Prosecutors argued that Rush may be recanting because she disagreed with the length of Brock's sentence. The judge rejected that, noting that Rush didn't even know Brock was still in prison when she came forward in 2012."

She puts him in prison and did not even pay close enough attention to know he was still in? If I was going to fuck someone over that bad, I would be very very familiar with his exit date.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CuntajusRationality wrote:
deLurch wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/zlQrDWv.jpg
Mmmm. BBQ.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

He's like a malevolent sprite turning up through history.

tina

Post by tina »

OMG.....literally pulsating with excitement....only hours to go...literally..can't even..
Attachments
7.JPG
(65.42 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

tina

Post by tina »

It's almost better than last year....
Attachments
6.JPG
(65.98 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

tina

Post by tina »

The year before that..I couldn't even..
Attachments
5.JPG
(68.99 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

tina

Post by tina »

This year I remember starting to 'get it' for the first time. Yay me!
Attachments
4.JPG
(58.71 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

tina

Post by tina »

One hardly knew what to expect, but one still quivvered, regardlessless.
Attachments
3.JPG
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

tina

Post by tina »

One night, in my hotel room this year, I did have a strange dream. There was an octopus and PZ in it. That's all I can say for now....
Attachments
2.JPG
(42.7 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

tina

Post by tina »

This was the year I fell asleep and missed it all. It was soooo exciting though!
Attachments
1.JPG
(15.89 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

tina

Post by tina »

I think a bit of wee just came out....
Attachments
8.JPG
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Aneris

"I really want to smack her"

Post by Aneris »

Pharyngula is in a state where it’s governed by Poe’s Law. Who knew...

http://i.imgur.com/BuyuR2v.jpg
Frog wrote:Quoth Rumtopf:
One example I saw earlier this evening was comparing criticism of an inappropriate for work shirt – to blaming victims of rape for their clothing choices. What the flying fuck is this bullshit?
Yeah, I have a friend who was supporting that line of bullshit, too. Worst part is she’s a woman in STEM. She’s also very good friends with one of the more odious characters on the internet. And…I don’t know how to approach this issue at all, because in all other respects she’s a highly likeable person. I really want to smack her and shout, “I’m glad you’re a Cool Girl allowed in the boys’ clubhouse, but what the fuck is wrong with you?”

And I hate to say that I’m kind of afraid of my friend turning on me if I point out to her the problems with her stance on this issue. She hasn’t in the previous 15 years shown any indication of being the sort to go off rabid, but I’m starting to distance myself from her. I judge a person by the company they keep, and some of her pals are shitbags.
“I judge a person by the company they keep”
Well, Paul Zachary and the Pharyngulanhas keep company with this person, should be Okay then...

tina

Post by tina »

Welcome to Skepticon 7

Sexual consent forms can be obtained from reception. These must be completed in triplicate and submitted for approval.

Remember, no spontaneous touching or hugging unless explicit permission is obtained in advance, especially near the water cooler.

Vegans can see PZ Myers and his wife who will hire a car and drive them to the nearest vegan food outlet and back.

Our slogan for this (and every other) year is. IT'S OK WHEN WE DO IT!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

tina wrote:This was the year I fell asleep and missed it all. It was soooo exciting though!
I notice they use the Peezus cuddly toy pic each time for Myers.
It makes him appear like a soft and adorable father figure - he's the atheist Bill Cosby.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

another lurker wrote:Sasquatch shamer!!

You're just lucky that The Sasquatch and the Abominable Snowman don't twitter!!
It's the Internet. Of course they do.

tina

Post by tina »

I know..I know..it's unbearable. What time is it in Springfield just now?
Attachments
9.JPG
(14.29 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

tina wrote:I think a bit of wee just came out....
These might help contain your excitement.

http://www.qualityhomecareproducts.com/ ... derate.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Speaking of Cosby, there's an article on CNN about 'Rape Culture' being to blame.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/20/opini ... ?hpt=hp_c3

I'd say that it's celebrity culture, mixed with a degree of benevolent racism that is one of the underlying issues in this case.

For those that don't know, Cosby has been accused of being a serial sexual assaulter for years. In his case multiple women have claimed that he used drugs to knock them unconscious before assaulting them.
This has been known for years - it's not a recent allegation.

The writer of this article (which is not entirely bad - although a lot of it IS bad) tries to shoehorn the entire issue into the standard rape culture argument - that it's the fault of patriarchy. Apparently nobody listened to the womens complaints, it was only when a male comedian brought it up in a comedy routine recently that it has come to light - which is bullshit, there have been many articles written by both men and women over the past decade of so, about allegations on Cosby's part.

You could make the argument that feminists promotion of the idea of sexual assault being treated lightly provides the opportunity for the media to finally take the issue seriously, but you also would have to admit that the media goes lightly on celebrities who are subject to these kind of allegations.
Would a non celeb have been treated the same way? I doubt it.

If Cosby is the most high profile individual accused of these crimes, can we ask why the usual crew - FTB, Skepchick, Marcotte etc, avoided the Cosby question (which, to me, appears a much more tighter case - the allegations usually involved him giving drugs that knocked the woman unconscious, rather than the standard drunken sex issues) in favor of cases that are much more ambiguous and without any hope of proof either way?

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

tina wrote:This year I remember starting to 'get it' for the first time. Yay me!
Hey, Eliezer! Move yer head a bit, will you?

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

twocunts wrote:
tina wrote:This year I remember starting to 'get it' for the first time. Yay me!
Hey, Eliezer! Move yer head a bit, will you?
Ugh. Y'all have to scroll back a bit to appreciate my Wildean wit. Fucking attachments, how do they work?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

tina wrote:OMG.....literally pulsating with excitement....only hours to go...literally..can't even..
Peezus is just pretending to cuddle that octopus - we all know he's really just squinting at Cara Santa Maria's tits.

http://i.imgur.com/ncEM8QD.jpg

subbie1957

Post by subbie1957 »

tina wrote:Welcome to Skepticon 7

Sexual consent forms can be obtained from reception. These must be completed in triplicate and submitted for approval.

Remember, no spontaneous touching or hugging unless explicit permission is obtained in advance, especially near the water cooler.

Vegans can see PZ Myers and his wife who will hire a car and drive them to the nearest vegan food outlet and back.

Is Cara Santa Maria going to be there?

Peezus will be delighted?

Some 'eye-candy' for him to look at.

And, if he is rich enough, he will be able to become her sugar-daddy!

Not that Peezus is a sexist, of course. It's just that when he sees an attractive woman in science, those are the first two thoughts that come into his mind/blog.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

subbie1957 wrote:
tina wrote:Welcome to Skepticon 7

Is Cara Santa Maria going to be there?

Peezus will be delighted?

Some 'eye-candy' for him to look at.

And, if he is rich enough, he will be able to become her sugar-daddy!

Not that Peezus is a sexist, of course. It's just that when he sees an attractive woman in science, those are the first two thoughts that come into his mind/blog.
Is she involved in the Ada Initiative 'Good Feminist Allies' training session?

They probably need a positive control for their witch burning lesson.