Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Brive1987 »

Umm sorry. I don't know how my preview turned into a post ...... ?

Fucking newbie.

Immanuel K

Post by Immanuel K »

Lately my hearing has gone to shit
I must need an otolaryngologist
Did irony reach Zen? PZ, come again
Who harbours this haven for Ograpists?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Sorry if this has already been covered, but...

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/10/07 ... nt-1063926
JohnH wrote:It’s “rapists” as an abstracted class categorization, not (necessarily) “rapists” as two or more particular, specific, identified people who have raped. That statement is referring to things you (Michael Nugent – I’m specifying to make sure there can be no ambiguity, since “you” has both a general and specific usage) have written that PZ Myers concludes function as rape apologetics (“defense” is the literal meaning of “apologia”, which more formally refers to a rhetorical form used to defend, in case you’re not familiar with those words). Possibly the way the English language works in Ireland is sufficiently different from here in the USA that you (Michael Nugent) have a different way of referring to classes of people than with the plural. However, given that you use the plural construction to refer to classes of people in your posts to this very blog (the first one I found looking backward was “campaigners” two posts back, since “Christian callers” one post back or “various blogs” in this very post may have been referring to specific individuals/blogs you could personally identify), I provisionally conclude that this is not the case. I await your apology post for demanding an apology due to your own assumption resulting in a misinterpretation.
Beware, I'm about to make an internet diagnosis, Postmodernist Social Theory Brain Disease, end stage.

PoMo social theory. Kids, Not. Even. Once.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The link goes to the work page with /bios/name in the address.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Hunt wrote:Sorry if this has already been covered, but...

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/10/07 ... nt-1063926
JohnH wrote:It’s “rapists” as an abstracted class categorization, not (necessarily) “rapists” as two or more particular, specific, identified people who have raped. That statement is referring to things you (Michael Nugent – I’m specifying to make sure there can be no ambiguity, since “you” has both a general and specific usage) have written that PZ Myers concludes function as rape apologetics (“defense” is the literal meaning of “apologia”, which more formally refers to a rhetorical form used to defend, in case you’re not familiar with those words). Possibly the way the English language works in Ireland is sufficiently different from here in the USA that you (Michael Nugent) have a different way of referring to classes of people than with the plural. However, given that you use the plural construction to refer to classes of people in your posts to this very blog (the first one I found looking backward was “campaigners” two posts back, since “Christian callers” one post back or “various blogs” in this very post may have been referring to specific individuals/blogs you could personally identify), I provisionally conclude that this is not the case. I await your apology post for demanding an apology due to your own assumption resulting in a misinterpretation.
Beware, I'm about to make an internet diagnosis, Postmodernist Social Theory Brain Disease, end stage.

PoMo social theory. Kids, Not. Even. Once.
Without looking, is this that retard Hornbeck? It reads like him.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Skep tickle wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Just my opinion, but I think Skep should pursue legal action.

Two quick points.

First, regarding legal action, I wouldn't try anything that involves libel laws, as we've seen with Shermer and Radford that's far too complicated, expensive and has little chance of success without enough cash behind it.

What I would consider, however, is borrowing a recent tactic of the current darling of the SJW scene, Zoe Quinn, who got a legal restraining order against the guy who posted personal information about her on the basis of that information encouraged others to harass her.
While any harassment (and I condemn anyone who sent threats she received) suffered by Quinn can be seen as an indirect action based on Quinns behavior rather than something Quinns boyfriend directly encouraged, Myers is clearly encouraging direct action against Skep tickles job.
There is little doubt that this is anything other than harassment.

Second, does anyone else suspect that this whole Skep tickle doxxing scenario is a smokescreen, hastily thrown up by Peezus to cover the one thing that Myers really fears?

...<snip>...
I haven't gone to Pharyngula (don't plan to) but saw the line copied here about how if he were litigious he might pursue legal action. It was worth a good laugh - legal action for what? Defamation? Puh-leaze.

It would actually be a pleasure (though expensive) to show a lawyer hired to help me reply to a baseless legal claim all the defamatory statements Myers has made about people, individually & in groups.

Anyway, it sounds like Myers assuming the line in Matt's post was what I'd said, without checking the source (tsk, tsk) and, I'd guess, his commenters are swallowing it whole without considering double-checking. What a "surprise".

We'll see whether there's any RL fallout in the next couple of days, meaning hassle I have to deal with. (It might surprise Myers or some of his horde that the university doesn't have jurisdiction over what I do in my spare time, unless it would affect my licensure. This wouldn't.)
Glad to hear that. :)

Projection seems to be rampant among PZ and The Horde. To accuse you, of all people, of unprofessional conduct is just like... I can't even... WHAT?

As far as the doxxing is concerned: it just is not done.I have seen Church of Scientology goons do it to the critics and it SIMPLY IS NOT DONE. If you stoop to the same level of harassment, you have lost the last shred of credibility. Looking at you here, Myers rt al.

I have a rotten, stinking cold at the moment and every drop of snot I drip, every blob of mucus I cough up has more value than PZ and His Horde to the square.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Gloves off.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Gloves off.
And then the image of a challenge to duel comes to mind.
[youtube]hjE2sxCQ_rU[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I just had another look at the Ogvorbis genesis post.

Crock of shit.

http://i.imgur.com/VgGHLgH.jpg

windy

Post by windy »

LurkerPerson wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
LurkerPerson wrote:He could've had a much bigger and more important one, but po-mo cryptomarxist sociology nonsense is obviously dearer to his heart than science or atheism. One wonders why he insists on keeping those labels, scientist, atheist, skepticism, "freethought". More than that, he insists he and his ilk have the only proper and moral form of it, atheism informed by their SJW tumblrisms. I find it pretty funny that the organized atheist community (an oxymoron in the first place) is experience schisms and sides calling the other the equivalent of heretics. Mysoginist, racist, rapist, these are the new accusations of heresy.
You know what I find amusing about that last bit? The fact that many misogynists, racists, and rapists ARE atheists and there is abso-fucking-lutely nothing that any of us can do about that.

Fortunately, I am not responsible for the actions of people with whom I share one belief (or lack of belief, in this case). But I can still be injured by folks who drag irrelevant shit into atheism.
Well, it's done regularly on the pit too. Although that's more about wanting to give them a taste of their own medicine, hold them up to the same ridiculous standards they apply to everyone else. It's cries of "heretic", but said mostly in a sarcastic and mocking tone. I don't think Myers is a tentacle rape fetishist pervert, or lusting after Watson, or really fantasizes about his class being nude. I think sometimes the pit gets too carried away and starts to believe it's own trolling. I think all of those were just Myers trying to be "edgy" and failing. It would be considered a Class A Thoughtcrime according to the horde's standards, but, we all know the refrain, "it's different when we do it".
+1. I don't know why there's such a need to exaggerate FTB doings, isn't the reality dumb enough?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
bovarchist wrote:Some exercises might help. Try finding rhymes for common simple words like:
Orange
Please weigh in on a long-running argument that I'm having with my daughter.

One of us says that "door hinge" rhymes with "orange"; one of us doesn't.

I've never seen anyone suggest a third, so it can only be used in the break of a limerick. But if such would help you decide:

I was watching an internet vid
when I just about flipped my poor lid
with the squeak of a door-hinge
there appeared Angry Orange
(and I refuse to say what he then did)
Percy Gorringe.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Hehe this is funny. Some of natures greatest mistakes, check out the URL
http://oolon.awardspace.com/SMOGGM.htm

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Skep tickle wrote:I had initially posted on FTB under my first name (I'm not big on nyms and didn't realize that transparency could lead to trouble on an A/S site), and as Zvan or Benson so helpfully pointed out last year I had pointed between that one & a nym so that made the connection easy.
Just because it's easy doesn't make it okay. Took me all of fifteen minutes to figure out who Ogvorbis really is but you don't see me posting it anywhere.

sinister

Post by sinister »

I for one am more than a little relieved to see that Skep tickle didn't come out of this as messed up as she could have been. PZ is a low-life, plain and simple.

Also, I can't stop laughing about her receptionist getting some Aussie calling s/h/it and drunkenly shouting about how awesome tickles are and how much he hates squid. Good times. I'm looking at you Brive. :)

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Just a general comment on Nugent's approach, reflecting what others have said. It's taken me a while to get used to his "long approach" but in the end I thank Dog that we have him. He's doing it his way, methodically and deliberately. At least he now seems to be taking the argument directly to the principals involved, not going through deceitful intercessors like Zvan. Every time he gets a response, he calmly returns volley, and he's already having results. I've never seen the cracks in FtB grow so quickly. Hat's off, Michael, if you're reading.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I feel awful for Skeptickle, but Gumby is right. Matt's post really made him lose his shit, which I am guessing was the point of Matt's blog post. If it wasn't for Skeptickle's plight, it would be a real hoot.

It is funny to see him try to justify his abject failure. He was gonna be a horseman, little Paul right up there with the big boys. He had a ground-breaking book in him, just wait and see...

I know you're reading this, Little Paul. No matter what you bleat out of those pudgy cheeks, you know you're a failure. As a scientist, as an author, and as a human being. Stop blaming everybody else for your inadequacies.

As for Benson, you would think she wouldn't want to be playing the dox to the employer game. She banks a great deal on the honor of the pit.

http://muscleheaded.files.wordpress.com ... =474&h=246

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

HoneyWagon wrote:Heina and Surly Amy at Zvan's talk at CFI LA tonight.
The lovely, friendly, positive Zvan we all know and love.
Amy pre-Zvan
Uh... Cultural appropriate much? Amy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

sinister wrote:I for one am more than a little relieved to see that Skep tickle didn't come out of this as messed up as she could have been. PZ is a low-life, plain and simple.

Also, I can't stop laughing about her receptionist getting some Aussie calling s/h/it and drunkenly shouting about how awesome tickles are and how much he hates squid. Good times. I'm looking at you Brive. :)
Maaaaaaate.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
bovarchist wrote:Some exercises might help. Try finding rhymes for common simple words like:
Orange

I've never seen anyone suggest a third, so it can only be used in the break of a limerick. But if such would help you decide:

Blorenge.

But it has to be a strange dialect where "door hinge" rhymes with "orange".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:I had initially posted on FTB under my first name (I'm not big on nyms and didn't realize that transparency could lead to trouble on an A/S site), and as Zvan or Benson so helpfully pointed out last year I had pointed between that one & a nym so that made the connection easy.
Just because it's easy doesn't make it okay. Took me all of fifteen minutes to figure out who Ogvorbis really is but you don't see me posting it anywhere.
Billy the Atheist of course.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

another lurker wrote:Hehe this is funny. Some of natures greatest mistakes, check out the URL
You might not be aware if this, but Oolon took his name from The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which made occasional reference to an author called Oolon Colluphid, whose "philosophical blockbusters" included "Where God Went Wrong", "Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes" and "Who is the God Person Anyway?"

Another Douglas Adams reference is the infamous Wowbagger. Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged was a man who unexpectedly became immortal, and got so bored he decided, to to keep himself occupied, he would insult everyone in the universe in alphabetical order.

As an Adams fan, I can't help being a bit annoyed that these two arseholes are apparently fans as well.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Lsuoma wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Orange

Percy Gorringe.
Reminds me of the Viz letter from a butcher who claimed his name rhymed with 'my job is to sell meat'.

Signed, Tommy Jobiselleat

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

TedDahlberg wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Orange

Blorenge.

"Lozenge" is reasonbly close.

Or "whore binge".

katamari Damassi

Skeptickel- you just say the word and I'll talk about considering maybe one day stenciling a zebra on PZ's driveway, because I'm as big an internet badass as any in the horde.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

My $.02 on Skep trying for some kind of restraining order is that it would be difficult and ultimately a waste of time and money. It would be federal; it would not prevent PZ from riling up the Horde without mentioning names; and would probably, if granted, be bi-directional, given that Skep has posted about PZ (maybe even more than PZ has posted about Skep).

While we all see doxxing as a huge escalation above trading insults and pointing out hypocrisy, as well as a violation of social norms, the law doesn't.

I agree with whomever said that this is a smokescreen. Remember: PZ projects non-stop. They get distracted and lose track of the real issue when a woman is attacked, so PZ assumes that we'll do the same. I suggest that folks screen-cap anything they see involving Skep, but otherwise return to the regularly-scheduled program as if nothing has happened. The sooner that Part 2 of Glass Houses appears, the better, for example.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

paddybrown wrote:
another lurker wrote:Hehe this is funny. Some of natures greatest mistakes, check out the URL
You might not be aware if this, but Oolon took his name from The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which made occasional reference to an author called Oolon Colluphid, whose "philosophical blockbusters" included "Where God Went Wrong", "Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes" and "Who is the God Person Anyway?"

Another Douglas Adams reference is the infamous Wowbagger. Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged was a man who unexpectedly became immortal, and got so bored he decided, to to keep himself occupied, he would insult everyone in the universe in alphabetical order.

As an Adams fan, I can't help being a bit annoyed that these two arseholes are apparently fans as well.
Aw, OK.

I am ashamed to admit that I have read Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy at least a couple of times, but am not up on certain details.

katamari Damassi

Because everyone here is a skeptic, I've been reluctant to bring this up, but I am psychically gifted in that I can foresee how people will die.

Rebecca Watson: during a liver transplant when the new liver wriggles free of the surgeons hands and makes a break for the door.

PZ Myers: no one knows if it was autoerotic asphyxiation or suicide. I believe the latter, as it seems the natural course after committing career suicide.

Ophelia Benson: crumbles into a heap of dust when an archeology student in Egypt discovers and reads the Scroll of Anubis.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Katamari:
I doubt it. And I'm not even a weapons-grade skeptic. Though the Watson & Pz predictions might have some merit to them, if a bit further down the road.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

katamari Damassi wrote:Because everyone here is a skeptic, I've been reluctant to bring this up, but I am psychically gifted in that I can foresee how people will die.

Rebecca Watson: during a liver transplant when the new liver wriggles free of the surgeons hands and makes a break for the door.

PZ Myers: no one knows if it was autoerotic asphyxiation or suicide. I believe the latter, as it seems the natural course after committing career suicide.

Ophelia Benson: crumbles into a heap of dust when an archeology student in Egypt discovers and reads the Scroll of Anubis.
HAHAHAHA!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I want my own death prediction, please.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

A Volkisch run wilderness guide company in Canada denies a Christian woman a job due to her faith:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... an-school/

http://i.imgur.com/FD1ni5Z.png

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I want my own death prediction, please.
Isn't it obvious? Constipation.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

another lurker wrote:A Volkisch run wilderness guide company in Canada denies a Christian woman a job due to her faith:

Blimey.

Really?

Post by Really? »

d4m10n wrote:
"It is possible to identify Ogvorbis. I have discovered a truly marvellous proof of this, which this margin is too narrow to contain."
Thanks for your contribution! Withholding any real information just makes everyone else want to work harder!

pajh

Post by pajh »

Just goes to show how pathetic the slymepit side really is. We've had quinn & sarkessian et al - now we have a great big fat bully of a man, who when woman mocks him on an obscure BB and he's full of pompous man-rage and tries to get her fired? Why the fuck are Salon/Jezebel/Buzzfeed/FtB/Skepchicks/The Guardian not all over this?

Has anyone even fucking called Adam Lee??????????????

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Hmm, I've missed a few days grinding through Destiny.

@Skep tickle. My sympathies regarding PZombie's exposure of your RL details. Still I'm sure you are more than adept and adult enough to deal with the consequences, of which there will likely be none of import.

I think, more than anything Myers has exposed more of himself than you, if I am honest. Aside from the rape accusation of earlier years, aside from his creepy sexual harassment behaviour of women from the podium and aside from his allying himself with another person accused of rape and having nothing to say about someone who admits to being a child rapist on his forum, Myers has in short attempted to expose you in order to silence your dissent. In other words, he wishes to silence women who do not agree with him.

I can see no other real motivation for doing what he did.

However if that sort of incult in-cult tactic is the best he's got, it exposes something else, it exposes impotence, (I'm guessing both biological and cultural) it exposes that he is nothing but a mean spirited little irrelevance doing something shocking to garner attention. To Myers, like the developmentally challenged, abused and nurture starved children I used to work with, attention was always the goal, it never mattered if it was good or bad attention, only that someone reacted, because in doing so they were noticed not ignored. For many of those boys and girls ignoring them was akin to torture.

My suggestion to the slymepit would that ignoring Pzombie's attention seeking would be more harmful to him than any noticeable reaction. He is terrified of obscurity online because it is all the little runt has left.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

pajh:
Just goes to show how pathetic the slymepit side really is.
Anti-, I assume?

katamari Damassi

Tony Parsehole wrote:I want my own death prediction, please.
Hmm... My vision is cloudy. Probably because I can't shake this compulsion to stick my gloved finger into your mouth. I think I see a violent death though, at the hands of feminist atheism's newest blogging star Fredrica West.

katamari Damassi

I haven't kept up with Dr. Who for the last couple of years or so. Can someone tell me what's going on. Today an acquaintance of mine who's a religious catholic homo, who is neither a priest nor Andrew Sullivan, posted something on Facebook about how happy he is that the recent Dr. Who episode was so "pro-life". Anyone know what he's talking about?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I'll just leave this here:

https://soundcloud.com/mykeru/morris-mi ... ber-8-2014

Not too exciting, but I'm awaiting a call-back.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

katamari Damassi wrote:I haven't kept up with Dr. Who for the last couple of years or so. Can someone tell me what's going on. Today an acquaintance of mine who's a religious catholic homo, who is neither a priest nor Andrew Sullivan, posted something on Facebook about how happy he is that the recent Dr. Who episode was so "pro-life". Anyone know what he's talking about?

Someone was complaining earlier about a recent episode where something hatches out of a moon. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

katamari Damassi wrote:I haven't kept up with Dr. Who for the last couple of years or so. Can someone tell me what's going on. Today an acquaintance of mine who's a religious catholic homo, who is neither a priest nor Andrew Sullivan, posted something on Facebook about how happy he is that the recent Dr. Who episode was so "pro-life". Anyone know what he's talking about?
They didn't kill a giant space flea that hatched out of the moon even though in doing so it might have pulverised the Earth with asteroids and destroyed it (it didn't, obviously). Calling that "pro-life" is a stretch.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Really? wrote:Withholding any real information just makes everyone else want to work harder!
I was told that it's not the sort of thing that is fit to print here.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

paddybrown wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:

Or "whore binge".
I was thinking "mange".

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

HoneyWagon wrote:Heina and Surly Amy at Zvan's talk at CFI LA tonight.
The lovely, friendly, positive Zvan we all know and love.
Is it just my feverish mind or does Surly Amy look like Marjorie Dawes in this picture?

[youtube]Nv7qh_XL_yM[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

If I told you, it would ruin the episode for you or anyone else reading here. It really isn't a "pro-life" episode so much as Dr. Who has always been pretty much the kind of character that doesn't want to kill aliens or humans.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Fucking Marjorie. One of the most obnoxious characters in Little Britain!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:I'll just leave this here:

Incoming rage blog in 3....2...1...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

TiBo wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
another lurker wrote:Anita has put on weight...
http://www.salon.com/2014/10/07/anita_s ... en_online/
Anita Sarkesian explains how to support women online ..
Sorry, but she's still fucking hot, despite your bitchy comment!
You have a weak spot for romanian village prostitutes?
Isn't she Armenian? Which means she's bunda privileged.

Maybe Anita has sisters, and they can do a reality show called, "Sucking Up to the Sarkeesians." See them play video games, get tramp stamp tattoos, dominate Godfrey Elfwick, go shopping and ask each other 'do these hoop earrings make me look fat?', drive around Vancouver in a convertible singing "my milkshake ...', stuff like that. It'd be a huge hit. I'd watch it, just for the bunda.

I like how Anita's described as "founder of Feminine Frequency". That's like describing me as "founder of the Matt Cavanaugh Onanism Society."

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
paddybrown wrote:
TedDahlberg wrote:

Or "whore binge".
I was thinking "mange".
The 'a' in orange isn't really pronounced as an 'a', but more like either an 'i' ("oringe") or a schwa ("orunge"). I see no problem in rhyming 'cringe', 'minge', 'whinge' and 'binge' with it.) Plus that gave me a chance to ostentatiously fail to use the perfidious Oxford comma!)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

I meant (, didn't I? Obvious, really.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Mykeru wrote:I'll just leave this here:

Incoming rage blog in 3....2...1...
Feed me, Seymour

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
My suggestion to the slymepit would that ignoring Pzombie's attention seeking would be more harmful to him than any noticeable reaction. He is terrified of obscurity online because it is all the little runt has left.
I'm not in favor of the "ignore them and they will go away" strategy for dealing with bullies. I prefer kicking the shit out of them at recess.

The problem with trying to relegate Myers to irrelevance is that he's still out there, self-promoting and taking people in. How long did it take Michael Nugent to catch on to this guy? You simply can't cede the field. You get the word out and subject them to public correction.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

So it is interesting the myers had at least enough smarts to hide that article from his primary blog roll listing (I guess you would call that his front page of blog posts). But it is still available if you select the left/right links on his other blog posts. But to the best of my knowledge it wasn't removed from his blog front page until Ophelia Benson posted her article with link to his blog post which is still available.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Jonathan wrote:pajh:
Just goes to show how pathetic the slymepit side really is.
Anti-, I assume?
Or they just slipped and stubbed their poe.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

JacquesCuze wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:I just read, okay, listened to, a really terrific and frustrating piece of fiction, The Martian, by Andy Weir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Martian_(Andy_Weir)
So if I like Science Fiction, or perhaps more aptly in this case, fictional science, on a scale of 1 to 5, do you think it is worth reading?
I really enjoyed it. If you like Asimov's Marooned Off Vesta and stories like that, you'll like this one too. On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give it a 4 1/2 unless you are being ableist and insisting on whole numbers.

http://www.bestlibraryspot.net/ScienceF ... 27458.html
I loved the film MOON.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Moon was awesome. I loved it so much I bought the DVD.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

screwtape wrote:The 'a' in orange isn't really pronounced as an 'a', but more like either an 'i' ("oringe") or a schwa ("orunge"). I see no problem in rhyming 'cringe', 'minge', 'whinge' and 'binge' with it.) Plus that gave me a chance to ostentatiously fail to use the perfidious Oxford comma!)
I can't remember either the name of the principle or the specific rules involved, but certain words require a two-syllable rhyme for it to "sound right" to most people. Orange is one of these words, so just finding something with "-inge" doesn't cut it; needs "-or-inge." (With that said, I now need to go watch the South Park episode where Oprah's vag robs a bank or something, due to seeing the word "minge.")

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jonathan wrote:Nugent's deleted some comments from the latest PZ thread, about twelve or thirteen gone at time of writing. Anyone missing any of their posts? From about 90 onwards.
gmeters was writing flat-out: "Michael Shermer raped Alison Smith" and accusing Nugent & everybody of defending a rapist. Are those still there?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

deLurch wrote:So it is interesting the myers had at least enough smarts to hide that article from his primary blog roll listing (I guess you would call that his front page of blog posts). But it is still available if you select the left/right links on his other blog posts. But to the best of my knowledge it wasn't removed from his blog front page until Ophelia Benson posted her article with link to his blog post which is still available.
If I go to Pharyngula *pukes*, it's still there on the first page.