Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Old_ones wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:You've gotta love Nerd of Redhead.

Despite spending years posting angry, ill-thought-out, poorly-worded and terribly-spelt comments on Meyers's blog, he never gets tired.

I do genuinely wonder if Jan Steen has secretly doxxed him with the robot shoop, and that Nerd trundles back and forwards between work and "The Redhead" every day, lights flashing and horn tooting.

Any idea what the fuck the cunt is trying to say here?

http://i.imgur.com/0caaHrv.png
You ever wonder if this guy is really just a troll, playing an ever weirder and more damaged character? If I started role playing a mildly retarded jack off like nerd at a blog, and the other commenters accepted me, gave me awards, and defended my idiotic bullshit, I'd probably find that hilarious and keep doing it. Especially if that community took itself as seriously as Pharyngula does.
Sadly, my rapist friend, Nerd of Redhead is by all measures an actual, IRL, functioning person.

If every person in China read a Nerd of Redhead post at the same time, the shaking of heads would cause a Tsunami that would flood the whole world.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695559644.png
Nice pedosmile.
That isn't very nice. I have yet to see any evidence that transgenderism is in any way linked to pedos.

Also, this is a college swim pool. Not some community kiddie pool. I would expect college aged women to be able to handle this a bit more like adults. Perhaps the college pool is not the right place for the highschool students & grade school kids.

And if the parents don't like this, they can either use a different pool, or change the state law.

As a side question, since "Men" & "Women" seems to be in flux. What if an establishment had changing rooms for those with penises and one for those with vaginas?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

You ever wonder if this guy is really just a troll, playing an ever weirder and more damaged character? If I started role playing a mildly retarded jack off like nerd at a blog, and the other commenters accepted me, gave me awards, and defended my idiotic bullshit, I'd probably find that hilarious and keep doing it. Especially if that community took itself as seriously as Pharyngula does.[/quote]
If he's a troll then I have to respect his dedication to the long game.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

7 October 2014 at 7:21 pm

Quite the feminist PZ, doxing a woman for such a petty reason as a silly and obvious joke. Meanwhile you sit behind your keyboard, hands shaking with rage, accusing people of supporting or harboring rapists and misogynists.

Be forewarned, if you or any of your rabid sycophantic commenters or fellow bloggers decide to mess with Skep IRL, the gloves come off. It will turn very ugly very quickly and you wouldn’t like it when we’re angry.
Someone posted this on the thread where PZ and the baboons are slandering Skeptickle.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Ape+lust wrote:

Despite spending years posting angry, ill-thought-out, poorly-worded and terribly-spelt comments on Meyers's blog, he never gets tired.

I do genuinely wonder if Jan Steen has secretly doxxed him with the robot shoop, and that Nerd trundles back and forwards between work and "The Redhead" every day, lights flashing and horn tooting.

If nothing else, he's proving Bjarte isn't a fluke. They're dullards who'll answer every joke with, "And then what happened?"
:lol:

But.. Spanking Parlor?
Parlor?
I detect completely debauched Victorianesque fantasies brewing in the head of the Nerdbot.

No but really, what a completely strange and inappropriate thing to say on an FTB blog, where every single person is a victim of something or other and mostly can't even.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

queequack wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Great. Let's move on to the next point: how do feel about PZ Myers, a college professor, posting on his blog sex dreams about his female students?
I don't know anything about that either. On his blog, or during his talks? It sounds pretty weird.
Follow my links, qq.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

sinister wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:[.img]https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695594346.png[/img]

[.img]https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695662389.jpg[/img]

:bjarte: :bjarte: :bjarte:
Pay attention to us and stop looking at us! Then notice us but don't call us provocative because we are, that's misogyny! I'm still not sure I understand how we were supposed to respond to slut walks.
:popcorn:

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

free thoughtpolice wrote:

Quite the feminist PZ, doxing a woman for such a petty reason as a silly and obvious joke. Meanwhile you sit behind your keyboard, hands shaking with rage, accusing people of supporting or harboring rapists and misogynists.

Be forewarned, if you or any of your rabid sycophantic commenters or fellow bloggers decide to mess with Skep IRL, the gloves come off. It will turn very ugly very quickly and you wouldn’t like it when we’re angry.
Someone posted this on the thread where PZ and the baboons are slandering Skeptickle.
I get that people are pissed about this doxxing (I sure as hell am), but threatening language in response is a bad idea IMO.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hey you all -- over at Nugent's, the Pit's reputation is rising dramatically. People are saying nice things about us!

So before it's too late, we should probably lift that ban on scat gifs.
I'm on it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Peezus on the one hand is saying how preposterous it is, for anyone to think he caught the clap. (Heck, I intended for it to be an example of a preposterous insinuation.) But on the other hand, he seems really paranoid that Skep tickle or somebody has got ahold of his medical records. What's up with that?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Old_ones wrote:

You ever wonder if this guy is really just a troll, playing an ever weirder and more damaged character? If I started role playing a mildly retarded jack off like nerd at a blog, and the other commenters accepted me, gave me awards, and defended my idiotic bullshit, I'd probably find that hilarious and keep doing it. Especially if that community took itself as seriously as Pharyngula does.
Sadly, my rapist friend, Nerd of Redhead is by all measures an actual, IRL, functioning person.

If every person in China read a Nerd of Redhead post at the same time, the shaking of heads would cause a Tsunami that would flood the whole world.
And by functioning, you mean low functioning.

http://theboyhotspur.com/wp-content/upl ... .29.33.jpg

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707168604.png

Don't muslims kill transgenders?

https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412707007488.jpg

:cdc: :cdc: :cdc:
In Iran, if you are gay, they provides half the cost of the sex change operation for you. Great deal if you are a transexual. Awful if you just happen to be gay. Because I think being gay means a stoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexuality_in_Iran

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

That doesn't sound like something we'd say. Possibly someone looking to up the drama.

That said, if it was one of us, let me just say that going all 4chan (or is it 8chan now?) is not the way to go.

The way to go is simple: point out Skipper's trivial non-offense and compare it to PZ's utterly shitty, lowlife vindictive response. Broadcast it far and wide, but calmly and rationally.

PZ started this shitstorm because the pit has been doing well in places like Nugent's blog, and it has to be freaking Peezus out that the mainstream has been treating us fairly while casting a very dim view on his antics. He started this to try to convince everyone that they have got it all wrong; the pit are the bad guys, not me!

Let's not give Peezus what he wants by goading us into behaving like the ridiculous stereotype of pitters that he and his cronies try to perpetuate. Rational and steady wins this battle, people.

/snooty lecture

Apples

Post by Apples »

SoylentAtheist wrote:As a side question, since "Men" & "Women" seems to be in flux. What if an establishment had changing rooms for those with penises and one for those with vaginas?
What a brilliant fucking idea! We could do something like this:

http://faculty.weber.edu/pbeverly/vis%2 ... _icons.gif

1. vaginas on the left, penises on the right. You could use a picture of a cunt and a prick instead, but euphemisms = civilization, for better or worse. Get used to it.

2. if you have something in between, go with whatever your crotch-bits are closest to, with a possible correction for your general presentation and appearance.

3. if you have neither, i.e., a barbie/ken crotch, go with your general presentation and appearance.

fortunately, 99+% of everyone are covered by rule 1. As for the rest, they can go along to get along (in other words, do whatever they can reasonably expect will cause the least ruckus and discomfort among couch-fainting suburban mothers and macho dudebros) or go fuck themselves with a rusty peezus. I don't give a shit about the special snowflake ~sub .25% of the population's feelings when it comes to changing rooms. If you can't cope with reality without insisting that the world revolve around you, just fuck off, you fucking worthless cunt. Stay away from populated areas and spare everyone else the wasted time of dealing with you.

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

James Caruthers wrote:
Tigzy wrote:No, Elfwick is real - Parsehole's only pretending that the bloke is a sock of his to piss him off.
"I am going into BEARMODE!" :lol:
I am pretty sure the bears at the club wouldn't give this manlet a 2nd look.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Peezus on the one hand is saying how preposterous it is, for anyone to think he caught the clap. (Heck, I intended for it to be an example of a preposterous insinuation.) But on the other hand, he seems really paranoid that Skep tickle or somebody has got ahold of his medical records. What's up with that?
It's a demonization tactic, nothing more.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

AndrewV69 wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:I'm not worried about anything JUSTIFIED happening to anyone; not even Matt. But doxxing and all that goes with it does not depend on justification.

This is one of the reasons that I'm not hugely impressed by #GamerGate's success with Intel (especially what just happened with the idiot from Dell). It's about making the squeaking stop - not fixing the squeaky wheel.
OK I will bite. What did happen to him?
Nothing that I know of. I was only referring to the potential damage he has caused ... such as the next target of #GamerGate being Dell.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Brive1987 wrote:Lucky the pit doesn't doxx - no matter the temptation.
Please keep saying this, as I need to hear it. Often. In a moment of weakness, I looked up his Dean. That's when I found that boast by the PR folks at U Minn Morris about PZ's tweets.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Nerd of Redhead, again.

http://i.imgur.com/Zl5h2Ad.png

Well, isn't that just the most egregious case of US_centricism you ever did see, cupcake? And on a blog where, when newcomers say something similar, The Herd start jumping around, shouting "International blog here! Ex-muslim commentators here! The US isn't the world! Sideways!".

On the same thread, Nerd drops this shitnugget, which is an almost embarrassingly easy target on the day of Meyers's breakdown:

http://i.imgur.com/4prjnPi.png

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sally Strange now ventures forth unto Peez's Cavanaugh thread.

For some reason, this topic has brought out a nigh on apocalyptic level of WTFery from his acolytes.

I mean, look at dis:
SallyStrange

7 October 2014 at 8:20 pm

Well, and. I sexually assaulted my little brother, as was pointed out chez Michael Nugent. I held him down and kissed him against his will once.

This is what happens when you try to talk about rape culture honestly.

There are some people who are triggered by Ogvorbis’ continued presence here. But none of them would accept that this means that the ideals exemplified in the phrase, social justice warrior are not worthy ideals. They perceive some folks around here not living up to their ideals, and it hurts because they share those ideals. Slimepitters perceive people here not living up to their ideals and seize on it as proof that those are corrupt, false, unworthy ideals.

Ultimately we are on the right side of history, and if it weren’t for the fact that the climate crisis is going to force rapid unpleasant change and probably plenty of death on the global population relatively soon, I’d be completely confident about our prospects for winning the so-called culture wars in the long term.
http://cdn1.smosh.com/sites/default/fil ... xplode.gif

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:

I get that people are pissed about this doxxing (I sure as hell am), but threatening language in response is a bad idea IMO.
We agree there. Meanwhile the hornets nest is stirred up, Little Paul Myers ( probably a nym :think: ) has been posting good rebuttals, I gather PZ must be indisposed as the banhammer usually comes down pretty quickly when the baboons are losing the debate.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I feel awful for Skeptickle, but Gumby is right. Matt's post really made him lose his shit, which I am guessing was the point of Matt's blog post. If it wasn't for Skeptickle's plight, it would be a real hoot.

It is funny to see him try to justify his abject failure. He was gonna be a horseman, little Paul right up there with the big boys. He had a ground-breaking book in him, just wait and see...

I know you're reading this, Little Paul. No matter what you bleat out of those pudgy cheeks, you know you're a failure. As a scientist, as an author, and as a human being. Stop blaming everybody else for your inadequacies.

As for Benson, you would think she wouldn't want to be playing the dox to the employer game. She banks a great deal on the honor of the pit.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Sally is primed and ready for a doomsday cult.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/ ... 34x600.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

zenbabe wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:If nothing else, he's proving Bjarte isn't a fluke. They're dullards who'll answer every joke with, "And then what happened?"

But.. Spanking Parlor?
Parlor?
I detect completely debauched Victorianesque fantasies brewing in the head of the Nerdbot.

No but really, what a completely strange and inappropriate thing to say on an FTB blog, where every single person is a victim of something or other and mostly can't even.
Parlor... yeah, that's weird. With grog and swill at the witching hour. The guy's a walking tintype.

I think of a Time Bandits scene whenever I see Nerd.

Robin Hood is handing out swag to a line of villagers and by his side is an angry loon with blazing eyes. Every time a villager gets his gift, the loon decks him with a right cross. BAM! After a bit Robin stops and asks, "I'm sorry. Is this really necessary?" The loon looks perplexed and grunts at a translator, who answers, "Yes, I'm afraid it is." Robin pauses for a moment. Then: "Right. Carry on." BAM!

PZ and Nerd have that weird dynamic. They don't like each other, don't understand each other, and likely couldn't explain why they tolerate each other, but there they are.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

[quote="Tigzy"]Sally Strange now ventures forth unto Peez's Cavanaugh thread.

For some reason, this topic has brought out a nigh on apocalyptic level of WTFery from his acolytes.

I mean, look at dis:

[quote]SallyStrange

Well, and. I sexually assaulted my little brother, as was pointed out chez Michael Nugent. I held him down and kissed him against his will once.

(snip)

Sally's right, since the Pit is a bastion of rape culture we should have a frank discussion on the subject. I'll get the ball rolling...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Himmel.jpg

....are glycophate herbicides appropriate for rape culture?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Tigzy wrote:Sally Strange now ventures forth unto Peez's Cavanaugh thread.

I mean, look at dis:
SallyStrange

There are some people who are triggered by Ogvorbis’ continued presence here. But none of them would accept that this means that the ideals exemplified in the phrase, social justice warrior are not worthy ideals. They perceive some folks around here not living up to their ideals, and it hurts because they share those ideals. Slimepitters perceive people here not living up to their ideals and seize on it as proof that those are corrupt, false, unworthy ideals.

Ultimately we are on the right side of history, and if it weren’t for the fact that the climate crisis is going to force rapid unpleasant change and probably plenty of death on the global population relatively soon, I’d be completely confident about our prospects for winning the so-called culture wars in the long term.
[.img]http://cdn1.smosh.com/sites/default/fil ... xplode.gif[/img]
WAT? Global warming? WTF are these people on? Is there a stated date they believe they will be raptured? I need to start looking for comets.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Please keep saying this, as I need to hear it. Often. In a moment of weakness, I looked up his Dean. That's when I found that boast by the PR folks at U Minn Morris about PZ's tweets.
As a fellow Pitter, I implore thee: don't.

As a moderator, I am obliged to warn thee: If you do and try to talk about it here, you're gone.

You're relatively new here, so I just want to impress upon you (and everyone else) just how anti-doxx the Pit is. We're not FreethoughtBlogs, and we won't put up with the sleazy tactics that PZ uses.

I know you understand this so please don't take offense. I more or less just decided to use your post as a way to remind everybody that DOXXING IS NOT TOLERATED HERE.

Glen_Davidson

Post by Glen_Davidson »

I love how easily rattled Peezus is now.

No, I'm not failing, I'm not.

Look at the zebrafish, we at OU were right about them being great lab specimens.

Yes, we're so impressed that you went there. WTF have you done in the last two decades, other than to keep the cows out of your classroom and rant self-righteously and ignorantly about society?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

WAT? Global warming? WTF are these people on? Is there a stated date they believe they will be raptured? I need to start looking for comets.[/quote]

Really? "If it wasn't for global warming we'd win?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She's a fuckin' loon.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh man. It just doesn't stop. You know, I don't think I ever seen the 'Horde' being quite this stupid. Clearly, I haven't been looking hard enough.
some Pharyngula shit-for-brains wrote:As for “doxing” Dr Tickle, no. First, no, her real identity was not revealed against her will by some diabolical FtB operative out to cause harm or embarrassment. And since she posted that whatever-it-was publicly and is aware that her pseudonym and real name are known publicly, she implicitly stands by it and presumably can explain it to anyone who asks.
Well, okay.
Second, hearing a whine-pitter moan about their own people being doxed is a gigantic black pot snickering at a very small and shiny kettle. Whose side of the rift was it that doxed Brownian?
Er...that would be Brownian. On that very public Atheist nexus thing, where Ant K made it quite clear - in his efforts to get a girlfriend - that he was the Brownian of Pharyngula.
Who was it that publicised Surly Amy’s address?
What, the address she listed publically as the base of her Surly-Ramics business? (Even though J-Vac shouldn't have plonked that bloody thing on here, cos it does at least look fucking nefarious - even though the info was already public).

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:https://8chan.co/pol/src/1412695559644.png
Nice pedosmile.
That isn't very nice. I have yet to see any evidence that transgenderism is in any way linked to pedos.

Also, this is a college swim pool. Not some community kiddie pool. I would expect college aged women to be able to handle this a bit more like adults. Perhaps the college pool is not the right place for the highschool students & grade school kids.

And if the parents don't like this, they can either use a different pool, or change the state law.

As a side question, since "Men" & "Women" seems to be in flux. What if an establishment had changing rooms for those with penises and one for those with vaginas?
The thing is that only about 25% of MTF are actually trans sexuals. The other 75% are(like Zinnia Jones)autogynephiles. It's an extreme form of transvestism fetish. Look up the work of Dr. Ray Blanchard.
It seems to me that autogynephiles kind of get off on exposing themselves to women.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Gumby wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:

As a moderator, I am obliged to warn thee: If you do and try to talk about it here, you're gone.

You're relatively new here, so I just want to impress upon you (and everyone else) just how anti-doxx the Pit is. We're not FreethoughtBlogs, and we won't put up with the sleazy tactics that PZ uses.

I know you understand this so please don't take offense. I more or less just decided to use your post as a way to remind everybody that DOXXING IS NOT TOLERATED HERE.
I won't. And I appreciate hearing it again, because it's rather important to me. The word "weakness" was an overstatement.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Ape+lust wrote:I think of a Time Bandits scene whenever I see Nerd.

Robin Hood is handing out swag to a line of villagers and by his side is an angry loon with blazing eyes. Every time a villager gets his gift, the loon decks him with a right cross. BAM! After a bit Robin stops and asks, "I'm sorry. Is this really necessary?" The loon looks perplexed and grunts at a translator, who answers, "Yes, I'm afraid it is." Robin pauses for a moment. Then: "Right. Carry on." BAM!

PZ and Nerd have that weird dynamic. They don't like each other, don't understand each other, and likely couldn't explain why they tolerate each other, but there they are.
:clap: Time Bandits reference!

[youtube]167IhlXnN2Y[/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

TheMudbrooker wrote: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Himmel.jpg

We call it Canola now, shitlord. It was abused as an early cultivar.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

I know it's out of character for the horde, but how many opportunities to request citations from Sleazy Myers has Nerd missed out on?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

You know, if it hadn't been for elevated hydrocarbon emissions killing several billion people, Melody Hensley would have gotten over her Twitter PTSD.

Danged elevated hydrocarbon emissions.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Peezus on the one hand is saying how preposterous it is, for anyone to think he caught the clap. (Heck, I intended for it to be an example of a preposterous insinuation.) But on the other hand, he seems really paranoid that Skep tickle or somebody has got ahold of his medical records. What's up with that?
Personally, I think trophy wife reads this stuff, sees photos of booby prize hubby eyeing the Becky bum,

Then it's strap-on night in the Meyers household.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Gumby wrote:
Really? "If it wasn't for global warming we'd win?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

She's a fuckin' loon.

My brain hears it in Lewis Black's voice:

[youtube]sJ0s0KUUpxo[/youtube]

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

fuzzy wrote:

Then I went and abused it further, it should be glyphosate herbicides.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Gumby wrote:

About the only rule we do have (beyond legitimate criminal offenses).

I'd also like to chime in about that 4chan style threatening comment at Myers'. If they are a pitter, and reading, I agree it's a poor tactic, and would urge them to stop. It's contrary to our ethos. We don't shut people down with intimidation, even repugnant people like Myers.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Old_ones wrote:
bhoytony wrote:The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png
Its a fair point. I'd be happy with a career similar to Peezus' small time college professor gig. Then again, I never had any pretensions about being the horsemen of internet atheism.
And there's the rub. Little Paul bragging about being the "internet" horseman, being coy and puffy about his upcoming book. He's failed, and now tries to drag everybody else down to his Turdtown level. It's one thing to brag about being destined for greatness when you're in a college band, quite another to brag when you're a professor and wannabe celebrity.

When he talks of his childhood, he always strikes me as the sort that would get bullied, and then would choose a smaller, weaker kid to vent his frustration on. Still a bully, but a second or third rate one.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Pitchguest wrote:I just want to say for the record
finding lyrics for limericks is hard
especially when
in a foreigner den
English doesn't quite strike a chord

I consider myself pretty fluent in English, but when it comes to rhyming my mind goes blank. Which is maddening. I'm seriously jealous of the rest of you brilliant bastards and your lyrical deftness.
Some exercises might help. Try finding rhymes for common simple words like:
Orange
Month
Silver
Wolf
Siren
Bulb

Let me know if this helps!

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:WTF is nettipotting?!?
Oh god, why do you hate me?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
fuzzy wrote:

Then I went and abused it further, it should be glyphosate herbicides.
Whatever helps it continue to foster human bimorphism, I suppose.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gumby wrote:

That doesn't sound like something we'd say. Possibly someone looking to up the drama.

That said, if it was one of us, let me just say that going all 4chan (or is it 8chan now?) is not the way to go.

The way to go is simple: point out Skipper's trivial non-offense and compare it to PZ's utterly shitty, lowlife vindictive response. Broadcast it far and wide, but calmly and rationally.

PZ started this shitstorm because the pit has been doing well in places like Nugent's blog, and it has to be freaking Peezus out that the mainstream has been treating us fairly while casting a very dim view on his antics. He started this to try to convince everyone that they have got it all wrong; the pit are the bad guys, not me!

Let's not give Peezus what he wants by goading us into behaving like the ridiculous stereotype of pitters that he and his cronies try to perpetuate. Rational and steady wins this battle, people.

/snooty lecture
Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/SkKfeoZ.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

bovarchist wrote:
especially when
in a foreigner den

I consider myself pretty fluent in English, but when it comes to rhyming my mind goes blank. Which is maddening. I'm seriously jealous of the rest of you brilliant bastards and your lyrical deftness.
Orange
Month
Silver
Wolf
Siren
Bulb

Ugh. Ok, I'm terrible. There is a very specific "bounce" or meter to a limerick. Something like this:

There once was a man from Nantucket
Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
But his daughter, named Nan,
Ran away with a man
And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

When I read limericks out of "bounce", I cringe. Sorry!

Really?

Post by Really? »

I'm gone for a day and things go this fucking tits-up?

What the hell is going on?!?!??! Peezus doxxed Skep Tickle? Nugent wrote another incredibly fair and incredibly damning piece about PZ? Why don't you assholes realize I have shit to do?

queequack

Post by queequack »

Sulman wrote:
queequack wrote: I don't know anything about that either.
Be serious.
Sorry, I know nothing. (I only visit the Brute Reason blog, which I don't think is one of the more prominent blogs on the network, but I like it because the proprietor talks about mental illness and how it intersects with atheism and secularism.)

I registered here because I got linked to Matt's facebook post and thought it was ridiculous. If half those things are accurate I don't understand why Myers still has a voice in the atheist community.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Telling off-color jokes is a riot
Though I don't necessarily buy it.
It might not be true Peezus
Caught the clap in his kneeses
But it's sure fun to hear him deny it.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Or! A limerick in German:

Ein Zhan Arzt aus Carnige rode
erfengt eine neue metode
Die Bora fixiert, der pazient rotiert.
Die metode fehrt meistems zum tode

This "bounce"/rhythm works as well:

Writing a Limerick's absurd,
Line one and line five rhyme in word,
And just as you've reckoned
They rhyme with the second;
The fourth line must rhyme with the third.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Southern wrote:
Dornier Pfeil wrote: P. Jackson had no proper understanding of what the point of the trilogy was about. All he knew was 'Dungeons and Dragons' movie = $$$$$$$
Did he? Because before the Jackson's LotR movies, 'Dungeons & Dragons' movie = piece of crap'. Including, but not limited to, the actual Dungeons & Dragons movie (Ladyhawke, Eragon, Mists of Avalon - fucking crap, I hate this movie - the list goes on).
Ladyhawke is one of my favorite Eighties movies. And yes, I even like the score. Bite me. :popcorn:

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Gumby wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:

I'm (extremely) against the idea of contacting Little Paul's employer (Morris). But I have nothing against calling for boycotts via the a/s organizations. In fact, I think this is something that should be done, and regularly so.

I'm still not sure how contacting the dean at Morris is considered doxxing... Doxxing is releasing private information. Little Paul is using his real name and directly links to his university on his blog.

I don't think it's doxxing. It's just shitty, and should be looked down on. Just call it something else, maybe? Sorry if I come off pedantic.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

bovarchist wrote:Telling off-color jokes is a riot
Though I don't necessarily buy it.
It might not be true Peezus
Caught the clap in his kneeses
But it's sure fun to hear him deny it.
Ok, that one rocks :D

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

bovarchist wrote:
especially when
in a foreigner den

Orange
Month
Silver
Wolf
Siren
Bulb

Haha +10 rep for being an asshole.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

For those people who thought PZ owed Nugent an apology you clearly underestimated the mental gymnastics ability of PZs horde of drooling cretins:

http://i.imgur.com/5vAcBHC.png

That's right Nugent owes PZ an apology because English works so differently in America than it does in Ireland that the word somehow means something different. Personally I would take great pleasure in slapping Mr Logic right here.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

It is truly astonishing how the basic information on Oggy's babysitter gig still won't be acknowledged by them. It looks pathological. A halfway sane person would look it up after the xth mentioning when it seems to be of import.There is no hope that these people would comprehend, or even recognize any information that contradicts their fantasy alternate reality. They can be written off in the same way as creationists. You only deal with them to inform thirds. But that would mean that the “movement” needs to upgrade quite a lot to counter the output of dozens of imbecile bloggers and their horde.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Pagancat wrote:For those people who thought PZ owed Nugent an apology you clearly underestimated the mental gymnastics ability of PZs horde of drooling cretins:

That's right Nugent owes PZ an apology because English works so differently in America than it does in Ireland that the word somehow means something different. Personally I would take great pleasure in slapping Mr Logic right here.
For fuck's sake. Rapists means rapists. It doesn't mean anything else. It means the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse. It does not in any way or in any country mean anything "abstract". These people make me sick, I swear.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Pagancat wrote:For those people who thought PZ owed Nugent an apology you clearly underestimated the mental gymnastics ability of PZs horde of drooling cretins:

Honestly, I thought that post was a joke. I can't even wrap my brain around what he is trying to say.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hey you all -- over at Nugent's, the Pit's reputation is rising dramatically. People are saying nice things about us!

So before it's too late, we should probably lift that ban on scat gifs.
Far as I know, nobody banned scat gifs. We just ragged on Mykeru until it got old, and moved on.