Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Aneris

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Aneris »

queequack wrote:Matt Cavanaugh, is all that junk about Prof. Myers actually true? Does he really let a child rapist comment on his blog?
Don't call me Ishmael, but here is your traditional basket of lynx (background). And now fuck off.*

http://www.fullcourt.com/sites/default/ ... all550.jpg

*traditional greeting

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Gumby wrote:
strayling wrote:PZ just doxxed Skep Tickle in his "Turning over a rock" article. This is getting nasty.

No link because doxxing.
Yep. He basically just told his cult members to fuck with her career, without specifically saying the words.
What a fucking piece of shit, seriously.

The brave warriors of social justice, and the first thing they turn to is? Doxxing and trying to get someone fired (censorship essentially) based off a mild observation (IIRC it was more of a joke, and certainly wasn't some sort of "ahaha I have your file peezus" medical betrayal.)

Meanwhile PZ accuses others of rape willy-nilly and hasn't seen the inside of a courtroom yet.
Master Myers: Using first hand public information and making an interpretation with your knowledge, for example of medicine, is unethical. Especially when it makes me or my friends look bad. Putting this on small blogs few people read is no excuse. It is however ethical to determine someone was a rapist with second and third hand information and publish that information on multiple highly visible blogs and on social media.
I'm tempted to adopt Peezusian tactics and make some phone calls. Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

queequack wrote:I didn't realize that Myers was so controversial. I used to watch TAM videos of that guy when I was in high school, and I just remember him as a soft-spoken firebrand type. I always found him pretty likable.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzI1LQrIYAEaELD.png

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Want some irony? Go here and scroll to the bottom: http://www.morris.umn.edu/urelations/weeklybulletin/ UMinn-Morris is actually proud of PZ's tweeting.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

queequack wrote:Tony, ok, I looked through that thread. The guy, "ogvorbis" seems to indicate that he participated in some kind of sexual assault when he was a preteen and still in emotional turmoil from his own childhood abuse. Which doesn't erase what he did, but I also don't think it's quite the same thing as an fully functional adult who rapes children.
Quee, I don't think anyone here disagrees with your assessment. The reason Oggy's case figures prominently is because Peez's commenters fall all over him, smothering him with virtual hugs, reassurances and even tell him they'd let him babysit their own kids. Which in a vacuum looks relatively normal. But then they turn around and accuse all sorts of people not in their tribal unit of being rapists. Ogvorbis does what he said he did, great. Some other guy has consensual sex with his tipsy girlfriend or something, that's rape.

I guarantee you that if a Slymepitter (or anyone outside their incestuous little ingroup) had told the same sad story Oggy did, Peezus's commenters would be calling that person a vile rapist who should be arrested, lose his job, get doxxed, etc. But since Oggy is one of their own, everything's hunky-dory.

Ogvorbis is a living testament to the utter hypocrisy of PZ Myers and much of FreethoughtBlogs in general.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
queequack wrote:I didn't realize that Myers was so controversial. I used to watch TAM videos of that guy when I was in high school, and I just remember him as a soft-spoken firebrand type. I always found him pretty likable.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzI1LQrIYAEaELD.png
Manlet queequack must be instructed!

Garlix

Post by Garlix »

queequack wrote:Tony, ok, I looked through that thread. The guy, "ogvorbis" seems to indicate that he participated in some kind of sexual assault when he was a preteen and still in emotional turmoil from his own childhood abuse. Which doesn't erase what he did, but I also don't think it's quite the same thing as an fully functional adult who rapes children.

If you expect nuance, subtlety and careful consideration from a "suck site" (which is pretty much what the Slymepit is), you may need to Lurk Moar.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

strayling wrote:PZ just doxxed Skep Tickle in his "Turning over a rock" article. This is getting nasty.

No link because doxxing.
Ok. I went to FTB (reluctantly) and yes, Myers did doxx Skep Tickle in no uncertain ways. That is beyond disgusting.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:It's incredible to read Peez's Pharyngula piece on the Cavanaugh article - the commentariat have taken Matt's speculation that Peez might have a venereal disease from no more than a link to the condition from Skeptickle, and in the space of a few comments have morphed it into a serious consideration that Skep might actually have been rifling through actual medical records in order to get some dirt on PZ.

Somehow, they still manage to amaze me in their excesses. It's truly astonishing.
So it's true: Sea Monkeys can be trained!

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

It has been discussed to the death, but in a nutshell...
  • Some people doubt his story, or at least partially.
  • He was twelve years old and that was acknolwedged. However, it is beside the point whether his rape was "more or less bad" due to some circumstances, and frankly, this kind of reasoning is not available to FreeThoughtBloggers and allies.
  • All things considered (not knowing what really happened, that he was only twelve etc) -- the real issue is how the commentariat reacted upon hearing the confession. They offered full solidarity, expressed love and, I kid you not, told him that they would let him babysit their kids too (his self-reported abuse took place on a babysitter job).
For further information, read here...
http://www.michaelnugent.com/2014/09/21 ... nt-1006995

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

James Caruthers wrote:
Gumby wrote:

No link because doxxing.
Yep. He basically just told his cult members to fuck with her career, without specifically saying the words.
What a fucking piece of shit, seriously.

The brave warriors of social justice, and the first thing they turn to is? Doxxing and trying to get someone fired (censorship essentially) based off a mild observation (IIRC it was more of a joke, and certainly wasn't some sort of "ahaha I have your file peezus" medical betrayal.)

Meanwhile PZ accuses others of rape willy-nilly and hasn't seen the inside of a courtroom yet.
Master Myers: Using first hand public information and making an interpretation with your knowledge, for example of medicine, is unethical. Especially when it makes me or my friends look bad. Putting this on small blogs few people read is no excuse. It is however ethical to determine someone was a rapist with second and third hand information and publish that information on multiple highly visible blogs and on social media.
I'm tempted to adopt Peezusian tactics and make some phone calls. Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.
You are better than sinking to his level.(I believe I can say that with full confidence)

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:The man is seriously depraved across the board. But what creeps me out the most is the bestiality. What kind of person would have sex with a dolphin?
A man with a very long... breath. Very long.

some guy

Post by some guy »

James Caruthers wrote:... Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.
I'd encourage you to read Skepticle's original "gonorrhea" post before you parrot how it has been characterized. (TL;DL: she *didn't* seriously diagnose his condition as being due to gonorrhea).

viewtopic.php?p=199605#p199605

(It's post # 26158 in this thread. And sorry for a repost of this information (which Strawkins ninja'd me on anyway. A "Fuck off" to anyone upset by that.))

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

I'm not worried about Skep. Even if one of Peezus' minions decides to contact someone in the organization Skep works for, there's nothing to report. Skep did nothing wrong. Whoever does the contacting will just reveal s/h/itself to be just another internet lunatic.

Apples

Post by Apples »

katamari Damassi wrote:I'm not worried about Skep. Even if one of Peezus' minions decides to contact someone in the organization Skep works for, there's nothing to report. Skep did nothing wrong. Whoever does the contacting will just reveal s/h/itself to be just another internet lunatic.
yeah - "serious breach of medical ethics" my ass. It's pure bullshit, and IMO tickle has absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of her employer or the AMA or certifying boards or whatever.

Git

Post by Git »

Welcome Queequack, I shall follow up Aneris with some more Links for you:

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Com ... s_full.jpg

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Dick Strawkins wrote:So a man makes a blog post listing the problematic behavior of Myers and what's his response?

He tries to vindictively destroy the career of a woman.

What a brave hero.

:roll:
I swear I made my tweet saying the same thing before I read this.

Course it's pretty glaring.

What a fucking asshole

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

James Caruthers wrote: The brave warriors of social justice, and the first thing they turn to is? Doxxing and trying to get someone fired (censorship essentially) based off a mild observation (IIRC it was more of a joke, and certainly wasn't some sort of "ahaha I have your file peezus" medical betrayal.)
Skeppers was obviously joking in that post, but tell that to the pathetic losers who comprise his commentariat. They're foaming at the mouth... over absolutely fucking nothing.

PZ says "If I were a litigious person (I’m not, they’re safe), I’d find the implication by an MD that I acquired gonorrhea at a conference actionable…" He acts as if he's above such things as litigation, but he dangles her name linked to her medical profile for his commenters. Uh huh, Peez, tell us how you have no idea what is likely to happen when you do that. You despicable piece of shit.

And as for PZ's comment "but this is, of course, a slymepit MD, so she has no credibility", well, Skep is a Harvard-educated doctor, active and respected in her profession. You're a long-faded minor scientist teaching bored college kids at Podunk U. who relies on rage-blogging to an audience of gullible idiots in a pathetic attempt to be noticed... by anybody. Fuck you, asshole.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Brive1987 wrote:
queequack wrote:Matt Cavanaugh, is all that junk about Prof. Myers actually true? Does he really let a child rapist comment on his blog?
Yes. self confessed. But earlier he had been allegedly interfered with. So. You know. Victim of the patriarchal rape culture. But he has now repented and seen the light.

Which removes him from all the other original sinned men here abouts.

Btw everything here is meta. Welcome and fuck off. I suspect our supply of lyncs have dried up in the rush. :D
Jeffrey Dahmer was abused as a child,too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Gumby wrote:

No link because doxxing.
I PM'd Skep tickle when this first hit the fan, but haven't heard back. I feel terrible that a courtesy h/t for providing the medical links brought all the hate of the FtBullies upon her.

Of course, the coward Peez picks on the girl. Wanna take me on, Little Paul?

James Caruthers

some guy wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:... Doxxing and trying to fuck with real-world careers because you can't handle the OPINION someone offered about your medical condition is really over the line.
I'd encourage you to read Skepticle's original "gonorrhea" post before you parrot how it has been characterized. (TL;DL: she *didn't* seriously diagnose his condition as being due to gonorrhea).

(It's post # 26158 in this thread. And sorry for a repost of this information (which Strawkins ninja'd me on anyway. A "Fuck off" to anyone upset by that.))
So it's even more harmless than I thought it was. Just Skep being Skep and offering interesting medical info about illness.

Myers thinks this is worth a dox and call to get Skep fired?

:eabod:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

katamari Damassi wrote:I'm not worried about Skep. Even if one of Peezus' minions decides to contact someone in the organization Skep works for, there's nothing to report. Skep did nothing wrong. Whoever does the contacting will just reveal s/h/itself to be just another internet lunatic.
I tend to agree, and I'm optimistic that it will be yet another opportunity for the a/s community to see just what a verminous piece of shit PZ Myers is. I'm hoping this gets discussed in detail at many places and not just here.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

BTW I know for a FACT that he had gonorrhea, and it was a very bad case of it, too. I know it the same way you know anything for certain. Carrie Poppy fucking told me.

katamari Damassi

Tony Parsehole wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Wow Matt! Hornbeck is still smarting from the thrashing you gave him. Peezus seems a bit panicky. I think it's finally sinking in just how he's fucked up his dream of being a well known and respected atheist spokesperson.
Panicking seems about right. Why else dox somebody for that? He's not thinking straight. I bet his hands are shaking while he's typing.
Yeah I think Nugent not rolling over and pissing himself, plus some of the tweets from other names in the community, might finally have pushed Peezus over the edge of realization.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

When the pain's in your head,
drunken Shermer you've bed,
then grenades should be passed to a cock.

But when pain's in your knee,
diagnosis is free,
and it's time to start doxxing the doc.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Want some irony? Go here and scroll to the bottom: http://www.morris.umn.edu/urelations/weeklybulletin/ UMinn-Morris is actually proud of PZ's tweeting.
I guess when you're a cowpoke college nobody ever heard of, you have to take what you can get in terms of publicity.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I see that nobody has posted a comment on Peezus' doxxing article for a while. I wonder why that is. Maybe they just have nothing to say.

katamari Damassi

NoGodsEver wrote:BTW I know for a FACT that he had gonorrhea, and it was a very bad case of it, too. I know it the same way you know anything for certain. Carrie Poppy fucking told me.
And she would know, because who do you think gave it to him?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
And I surely wouldn’t feel comfortable having my daughter sit in your class while you imagine her a naked mermaid.
Fucking hell, Matt. You've had me in stitches tonight.
Why don't you just quote my entire fucking article and be done with it? Everybody else seems to think that's ok.

James Caruthers

You should know by now that it's not about what you've actually done, it's about what they can lie and say you've done.

That said, even by those standards, Skep is probably safe.

I'm more angry about the doxxing. I think it's telling I can determine the ideological side I'd most like to be on by which group encourages doxxing and which group considers it, in Andrew's words "absolutely haram."

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Gumby wrote:
James Caruthers wrote: The brave warriors of social justice, and the first thing they turn to is? Doxxing and trying to get someone fired (censorship essentially) based off a mild observation (IIRC it was more of a joke, and certainly wasn't some sort of "ahaha I have your file peezus" medical betrayal.)
Skeppers was obviously joking in that post, but tell that to the pathetic losers who comprise his commentariat. They're foaming at the mouth... over absolutely fucking nothing.

PZ says "If I were a litigious person (I’m not, they’re safe), I’d find the implication by an MD that I acquired gonorrhea at a conference actionable…" He acts as if he's above such things as litigation, but he dangles her name linked to her medical profile for his commenters. Uh huh, Peez, tell us how you have no idea what is likely to happen when you do that. You despicable piece of shit.

And as for PZ's comment "but this is, of course, a slymepit MD, so she has no credibility", well, Skep is a Harvard-educated doctor, active and respected in her profession. You're a long-faded minor scientist teaching bored college kids at Podunk U. who relies on rage-blogging to an audience of gullible idiots in a pathetic attempt to be noticed... by anybody. Fuck you, asshole.
You rock Gumby.

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

PZ Myers gets his feelings hurt, decides to try and get a woman fired. Because he's a feminist!

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Correct, but then I don't think any of them (Horde) has shown the slightest concern or interest in his supposed victims' welfare. These are people for whom the victim's perspective is supposed to be paramount. The victims aren't members of the Horde though, so fuck them.

queequack

Post by queequack »

Quee, I don't think anyone here disagrees with your assessment. The reason Oggy's case figures prominently is because Peez's commenters fall all over him, smothering him with virtual hugs, reassurances and even tell him they'd let him babysit their own kids. Which in a vacuum looks relatively normal. But then they turn around and accuse all sorts of people not in their tribal unit of being rapists
Ok, fair enough. Like I said, I don't know much about Myers or his followers at all, except that they've been involved in an extended controversy over social justice stuff, which I guess also includes this site.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:Gumby, best avatar yet. :clap:
You're biased.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Oh hey, elf dick...we didn't forget about you.

We're just a little pre occupied at the moment with an even smaller dick.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

FFS

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Want some irony? Go here and scroll to the bottom: http://www.morris.umn.edu/urelations/weeklybulletin/ UMinn-Morris is actually proud of PZ's tweeting.
Wonder how proud they would be of "The Google Glass feature no one is talking about"

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

What I'm actually hoping is that someone on their Board of Regents sees UMinn-Morris' boast, decides to google PZ, and learns what a piece of shit he really is on-line. The irony of someone - in effect - self-doxxing would be too rich, no?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

EdwardGemmer wrote:PZ Myers gets his feelings hurt, decides to try and get a woman fired. Because he's a feminist!
I hate to tell you this. THIS is precisely the problem I have with what I've dubbed "Pop Feminism". I'm not against equality for all, though I will nitpick over perceived oppression. The things people do in the name of equality for women is downright disgusting. :|

windy

Post by windy »

James Caruthers wrote: Everyone was a dick to everyone else since the dawn of time, and it's still happening. But yeah, it was more acceptable in the past to openly advocate genocide, because hey, fuck those guys, our tribe wants all that cool shit they have! This happened regardless of race. I have never heard of a modern black man crying over the plight of Egyptians conquered by the Nubians. :)

But in the SJW world, whitey has to apologize, kiss ass and become a SJW toilet slave in order to forgive their Original Sin. It makes me sad to see groups like the Swedes, Finns and Swiss accused of "white privilege" and "white supremacy." When did they ever enslave black people?
The more you know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_slave_trade

The crazy starts where those historical events are used to argue that modern immigrants from the Middle East, North and East Africa are "racially oppressed" because of Sweden's "colonialist history" :bjarte:

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

James Caruthers wrote:
some guy wrote:

So it's even more harmless than I thought it was. Just Skep being Skep and offering interesting medical info about illness.

Myers thinks this is worth a dox and call to get Skep fired?

:eabod:
He is so desperate for a distractor he had to think of something. It is all about him avoiding what is happening and damn the consequences. I now feel he is actually sick and needs to seek help. A part of me feels sorry for him. He is reaching Jim Jones levels of rhetoric.

I hope Skep is OK. She is one of the nicest and most helpful people I know. Trust Myers to pick on a professional woman too. They are fully aware of her circumstances and how many innocent people they will damage but they just don't care. They did the same trick to shut down last years talks.

As to Nugent, while I moaned loudly about his very late realisation of the obvious he really has the bit in his teeth now. Ireland is a politically and religiously charged country and for Myers and Benson to think that the Chairperson of AI would fall over like they did at CFI is laughable. Nugent has dealt with much together opponents than them. They make the same mistake all bullies do, assume politeness means weakness.

Matt, I thought your blog post had too much rhetoric and assertion. Myers will be able to run a railroad through it. Sorry I can't be more positive and at least you said something which is more than I can claim. It was a good read for all that.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

bhoytony wrote:The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

You have an H index of 8 and you teach at the school ranked 139th http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... orris-2389 . You go, girl!

queequack

Post by queequack »

If you expect nuance, subtlety and careful consideration from a "suck site" (which is pretty much what the Slymepit is), you may need to Lurk Moar.
Ok, but it's a pretty serious accusation though. And even beyond the rapist himself, just allowing an adult to talk about his sex crimes on your Web site is deeply shitty. But the ogvorbis situation, I really do think that's categorically different.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:
bhoytony wrote:The comments are suddenly rolling in again at Pezus' shithole. I think somebody has hit a nerve. Ouch!

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/HQc4Gh8.png[/img]
You have an H index of 8 and you teach at the school ranked 139th http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... orris-2389 . You go, girl!
To be far more fair to him than he is to his enemies: "good" is subjective. It could just mean a university that puts up with his bullshit.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

James Caruthers wrote:
You should know by now that it's not about what you've actually done, it's about what they can lie and say you've done.

That said, even by those standards, Skep is probably safe.

I'm more angry about the doxxing. I think it's telling I can determine the ideological side I'd most like to be on by which group encourages doxxing and which group considers it, in Andrew's words "absolutely haram."
Approving of Doxxing is like having skulls on uniforms.

[youtube]tEJ7zMNXVjM[/youtube]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Myers is not walking out of this one. First he calls commenters at Nugents' rapists, then he doxxes Skep. If he's not taken to task about it, there's no fucking justice.

tina

Post by tina »

PZ - "To say I’m disgusted is an understatement. I think the UW hospital should know what one of their doctors does in her spare time, so I’m not going to shy away from mentioning her name."

Really?

Maybe the University of Morris should know that one of their employees goes around accusing people of rape, sexual harrasment, misogyny bla bla bla, in his spare time?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

"Am I bovvered? Yeah, but am I bovvered? I'm not even bovvered tho..."

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

queequack wrote:
Quee, I don't think anyone here disagrees with your assessment. The reason Oggy's case figures prominently is because Peez's commenters fall all over him, smothering him with virtual hugs, reassurances and even tell him they'd let him babysit their own kids. Which in a vacuum looks relatively normal. But then they turn around and accuse all sorts of people not in their tribal unit of being rapists
Ok, fair enough. Like I said, I don't know much about Myers or his followers at all, except that they've been involved in an extended controversy over social justice stuff, which I guess also includes this site.
Part of the problem is that PZ and others of his personality type are about as intellectually stubborn and dishonest as your average creationist. PZ, has a blog where the commetariat pours praise over a confessed child rapist (and it's true, as you pointed out, that while that story is literally true, it leaves out important details), and then has the gall to declare, outraged, and with literally no evidence whatsoever, that Nugent is providing a safe haven for rapists on his blog. When dealing with assholes of that magnitude I think even the best of us will stoop to giving stories about his a less charitable characterization. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Peezus: "surmising that I acquired it while associating with the skepchiks "

Nobody, but nobody, would ever, in their sickest ,most depraved, twisted imaginations ever think that you goy " lucky with one of the skeptricks.

Ever

Take a good hard look at yourself. You are no ones idea of a good time.

You couldn't wet a vagina in a women's prison with a fist full of pardons.

You look like an unmade bed and probably smell like feet and swamp ass.

Do not flatter yourself. You only make yourself look more pathetic.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

tina wrote:PZ - "To say I’m disgusted is an understatement. I think the UW hospital should know what one of their doctors does in her spare time, so I’m not going to shy away from mentioning her name."

Really?

Maybe the University of Morris should know that one of their employees goes around accusing people of rape, sexual harrasment, misogyny bla bla bla, in his spare time?
Yep, exactly. Fucking fuck! Going to bed angry, again.

James Caruthers

So he doxxes a scientist over a minor vibe at his ego, encourages his fans to do who-knows-what with her info, and he's still thinking about "boo hoo why are people saying my career is in a spiral?"

:cdc:

Little Paul, indeed.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

queequack wrote:
Ok, but it's a pretty serious accusation though. And even beyond the rapist himself, just allowing an adult to talk about his sex crimes on your Web site is deeply shitty. But the ogvorbis situation, I really do think that's categorically different.
Taking Oggy's story at face value:- Three little girls were raped by him and those rapes are still unreported.

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Agreed on Matt's article, for anyone familiar with the pit it hits a lot of points that have been talked about relentlessly, but for anyone coming in cold there's just too much bald faced assertions, guesses, and just plain trolling with the gonnorhea thing tbh. I think Myers picked it precisely because of those qualities, not the actual valid criticism parts. It's good fuel to stoke the outrage/i'm a victim machine, and it keeps them from, say, wandering off over to Nugent's for example. I guess the little back and forth has ended now that there's some new meat to worry.

James Caruthers

tina wrote:PZ - "To say I’m disgusted is an understatement. I think the UW hospital should know what one of their doctors does in her spare time, so I’m not going to shy away from mentioning her name."

Really?

That was kind of my point earlier about the telephone calls.

PZ has relied almost entirely on the goodwill and just conduct of his ideological opponents. Nobody has tried to do to him what he has done to so many others. He brazenly slings criminal accusations sans evidence and reveals dox because hey, why not! No consequences!

Unlike when he does it, any "stooping to his level" would involve purely factual information about his activities.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Its a fair point. I'd be happy with a career similar to Peezus' small time college professor gig. Then again, I never had any pretensions about being the horsemen of internet atheism.