Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by comhcinc »

[youtube]VYwvp35P8_I[/youtube]

So Penn's Sunday School is about to go live. Randi is the guest today. Does anyone want to throw him any questions about the last week or so?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Really? wrote:Ha ha ha.

Check out one of Melody's tweets celebrating National Bisexual Day or whatever.
Why does she add the "monogamous" part? To prevent people from thinking that she's licking any gross vaginas? To reassure herself that her husband is being faithful?

Why not just say "marriage?"
"Why, hello. This is my male husband who has a penis."
Bisexual people are told they have a problem in marriage. How can you be bisexual and married to a single person, won't you always be longing for the other sex? It's often answered by saying straight people, married, aren't bothered by monogamy, but I don't think it goes the whole 100 yards. I think it is a question similar to a priest or nun's celibacy.

In Melody's case saying she is in a monogamous marriage means, I think, it's not an open marriage, so she'll only kiss girls if

a) She had some wine at a party and thinks a girl is sexy and thinks she is sexy and remembers her college lesbian days and is trying to relive them
b) Twitter PTSD made her do it
c) She also holds out for she is intoxicated (maybe by the alcohol from her mouth rinse) and so they are raping her at a party but that won't be happening to her any longer.
d) Her husband is out of town and hence committing sexual violence against her by withholding sex.

monogamous marriage :suimouth: No thank you. I will keep my polygamous wife and easier going lifestyle any day.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Really? wrote:Ha ha ha.

Check out one of Melody's tweets celebrating National Bisexual Day or whatever.
Why does she add the "monogamous" part? To prevent people from thinking that she's licking any gross vaginas? To reassure herself that her husband is being faithful?

Why not just say "marriage?"
"Why, hello. This is my male husband who has a penis."
Bisexual people are told they have a problem in marriage. How can you be bisexual and married to a single person, won't you always be longing for the other sex? It's often answered by saying straight people, married, aren't bothered by monogamy, but I don't think it goes the whole 100 yards. I think it is a question similar to a priest or nun's celibacy.

In Melody's case saying she is in a monogamous marriage means, I think, it's not an open marriage, so she'll only kiss girls if

a) She had some wine at a party and thinks a girl is sexy and thinks she is sexy and remembers her college lesbian days and is trying to relive them
b) Twitter PTSD made her do it
c) She also holds out for she is intoxicated (maybe by the alcohol from her mouth rinse) and so they are raping her at a party but that won't be happening to her any longer.
d) Her husband is out of town and hence committing sexual violence against her by withholding sex.

monogamous marriage :suimouth: No thank you. I will keep my polygamous wife and easier going lifestyle any day.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

comhcinc wrote: monogamous marriage :suimouth: No thank you. I will keep my polygamous wife and easier going lifestyle any day.
I have never consented to double posts, shitlord.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

bhoytony wrote:My theory of profiling people based on their tea preferences seems to be valid. Jonathon McIntosh = a cock.
As a flaky hippie type, I drink my share of herbal tea, but I also like PG Tips. I'd have to be desperately thirsty or choking to drink any kind of tea or coffee out of a paper or styrofoam cup though - call it a neurosis or a phobia, but I really try to avoid drinking hot beverages out of paper cups, and any beverage out of styrofoam.

Almost all my Chinese research colleagues drink green (usually) tea out of glass jars, and the labs I worked in on the US West Coast and in London all had kettles, teapots, coffee pots, and lots of mugs. No one drank coffee or tea out of paper or styrofoam cups. No one went to Starbucks and paid $6.00 for a pumpkin mocha spice latte with extra sprinkles. No. You just keep lots of mugs near the sink that get washed and reused, and you have extras for guests. Lab supply companies used to give mugs away for free, or you can pick them up as souvenirs or at thrift stores for cheap.

I keep an electric kettle, a teapot, and several mugs in my office, along with a selection of tea bags and loose tea, and I offer to make tea (or coffee) for anyone who's staying longer than just a brief question or visit. Most of my American colleagues will object "Oh don't go to any trouble," but once the tea is made and served it's like you cooked dinner for them or something. How much fucking trouble is it to keep a few tea and coffee things around and make a fresh pot? It's not as if I have Martha Stewart tendencies or anything - it's just a simple act of hospitality.

Linus

Post by Linus »

I haven't really followed this place for awhile. Not even gonna try to keep up. Just wondering if I'm the only one here who now thinks the allegations against Shermer are probably true. I'll explain why I've come to that conclusion.

-Shermer has given two accounts, both that come off as calculated and inconsistent with each other. You could argue that they aren't technically inconsistent, but the first one strongly implies that they did not have sex and that he did not have sexual intentions and that the "vicious rumors" were that they did have sex. He possibly gave three inconsistent accounts, if these quotes by Randi relate to this particular incident, but I'm not sure whether or not they do:
“Shermer has been a bad boy on occasion — I do know that,” Randi told me. “I have told him that if I get many more complaints from people I have reason to believe, that I am going to have to limit his attendance at the conference.

“His reply,” Randi continued, “is he had a bit too much to drink and he doesn’t remember. I don’t know — I’ve never been drunk in my life. It’s an unfortunate thing … I haven’t seen him doing that. But I get the word from people in the organization that he has to be under better control. If he had gotten violent, I’d have him out of there immediately. I’ve just heard that he misbehaved himself with the women, which I guess is what men do when they are drunk.”
-Shermer corroborated parts of Allison's account in his own accounts. That is, he was pretending to drink when he wasn't and they had sex.

-Shermer's accounts do not come off as very believable at face value. She wanted to fuck him in the bathroom, then they walked around for hours talking until she became sober, then they had sex? One of the young guys really said to Shermer the day after the party that he was mad because Shermer had been preventing him from getting into Allison's pants?

-Allison claimed multiple witnesses could corroborate parts of her story and so far one (Jeff Wagg) has come forward and supported her time line and how drunk she was (which contradicts Shermer's claim that they walked around for hours sobering up).

At the very least it seems evident that Shermer had sex with a very drunk girl (who wasn't quite out of it enough to be incapable of consenting) and then lied about it. At most he raped someone who was too drunk to give consent.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Parody Accountant wrote:ellenbeth wachs became a brave hero.
She took a rusty porcupine up the secret backchannel for the dictionary atheism cause.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

katamari Damassi wrote: No. Wendy was able to defend herself. I can't see Malady wielding a bat.
Maybe she needs...correcting. If you don't mind my saying so, sir.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

JacquesCuze wrote:
comhcinc wrote: monogamous marriage :suimouth: No thank you. I will keep my polygamous wife and easier going lifestyle any day.
I have never consented to double posts, shitlord.
http://i.imgur.com/6RAmZ3k.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Linus wrote:I haven't really followed this place for awhile. Not even gonna try to keep up. Just wondering if I'm the only one here who now thinks the allegations against Shermer are probably true. I'll explain why I've come to that conclusion.
My opinion, for what it is worth, is we will never know what happened. You can take it both ways but, really, six years after the fact it's a Rorschach test based on a pastiche of incomplete information through cherry picking who you choose to believe.

So whether or not it happened as she claims isn't the issue, it's the doing nothing, absolutely nothing, that's the issue.

All these questions would have been answered if they took the idea of rape seriously, rather than as an accusation you trot out a half dozen years later.

But what are you claiming is true? That she was raped or that she had drunk sex or that she was "taken advantage of" in some neo-Victorian fashion. Also, how does Shermer not drinking make someone else drink? Hell, why not claim Shermer roofied her?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

comhcinc wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
They can't win. There are too many gamers who reject their ideology. Gamers have an advantage over say atheist in that there is a direct product (games) that they are able to use. Gamers will buy the games that they enjoy and game developers will make the games that gamers want to buy.

Once again money is the end all be all.
Not only that, but they seek to try and wear #gamergate gamers down, but as someone pointed out on twitter, gamers are used to grinding - it's easy to stay the distance, especially, as you say, when there is a tangible product involved. Include that most gamers are used to being harassed - gamers have long been the "whipping boy" of society and jokes for decades - and are used to facing huge odds and frustrating, rage inducing moments in games (i.e. Deus Ex HR bosses!) - most have the stamina for the fight. Plus, many are way more passionate about their hobby/lifestyle/etc than atheists area about atheism.
No doubt and the fact that it is playing out online. This is their territory. The SJWs just don't understand what they have got themselves in to. It's been quite exciting to watch for a far (and throwing a jab every now and then). I am hoping we are starting to see the tide turn on these people.
All we need is someone to give trophies or achievements for #gamergate, and the SJWs would be so overwhelmed they'd never get on twitter (nah, that would never happen, but they would flounce for a while). Gamers are nothing if not competitive.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

TYVM to the FT for accepting my registration....On To Pillage!

....or, something.

Hmm....need an avatar.

Semi

Post by Semi »

blitzem wrote:TYVM to the FT for accepting my registration....On To Pillage!

....or, something.

Hmm....need an avatar.

Welcome, and here's your basket of [missing] links.

Now fuck off.

http://s14.postimg.org/v9csog30h/skulls.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

....or, something.

Hmm....need an avatar.
Welcome, and here is another basket of links for you:

http://funtimebirdy.files.wordpress.com ... =300&h=225

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Pretty good article, IMO:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melanie-b ... 71216.html

And welcome to you Blitzem. Now please kindly fuck off!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

bovarchist wrote:Hard to believe that Sarkeesian anyone at Feminist Frequency is the brains of that outfit.
FTFY

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:
didymos wrote: Video game controls are about controlling things? Amazing!
Can't wait for this dunce to create a game where you have no control over anything and just die over and over.

If he makes the player character a white male, he can then claim it's a counterculture radical revolutionary indie game in defiance of patriarchal gender norms!

Especially of the enemies that kill him are trans othercock snowflake-kin feminists who kill the player character by stomping his balls and cutting off his dick.
System Shock 2 on "Impossible." I made it to Shodan on Hard and couldn't beat her. I couldn't even get to Shodan on Impossible.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:
another lurker wrote:Since we are talking about gains, brahs and being 'swole' I haz a question for the more biologically/anthropologically minded. When I first started reading up on fitness this spring, I came across this website: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ where the blogger/author talks about the ancient 'primal' diet, and describes how 'grok', our 'ripped' ancestor may have lived. "Grok" has been described as being 6ft tall, totally ripped etc - just like our Volkisch hero. Now, how much of this is fantasy? Kind of like 300 - we imagine that in the good ole days, everyone ate wonderfully healthy and had an amazing body. But, common sense would hint that, at least when it comes to a hard life of hunting/fighting etc, that being totally ripped and lean, with 5% body fat or less is really fucking unhealthy and won't actually protect you from 1) cold 2) injuries. I remember reading about how 300 was totally off-base, because warriors actually benefit from a thin layer of fat - if you get a laceration on your arm, for example, the fat will act as a buffer - if it's just your rippling muscle, that muscle is gonna be toast.

Any ideas?
Early agricultural diet was shit.

Semi-nomadic tribes who gathered and collected food had good diets COMPARED to the early agricultural diet of grain mush.

Hunting and gathering was a pretty okay diet, but with modern technology and modern advances in medicine and health, you can have an even better diet.

Nomadic societies would have done a lot of walking, not pumping iron. Actually strong people don't look like bodybuilders and there seems to be some evidence that population height is increasing rather than decreasing over the centuries.
Yeah. I started to answer and figured someone would know this.

I would add in, as agriculture became better and included domesticated animals, especially horses and cattle, the tables turned. But in those early days, yeah. Lots of food shortages and dietary deficiencies, such as iron & B12.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Playing Rogue Legacy right now... It's a blast! Metroidvania + Rogue 'lite' (keep your gold when you die).

You die a lot. Every time you die you get a specific genetic mutation as you are respawned as your son/daughter. You can get dyslexia, vertigo, dwarfism, gigantism, I.B.S., OCD, etc. there's a bunch.

Semi

Post by Semi »

Parody Accountant wrote:Playing Rogue Legacy right now... It's a blast! Metroidvania + Rogue 'lite' (keep your gold when you die).

You die a lot. Every time you die you get a specific genetic mutation as you are respawned as your son/daughter. You can get dyslexia, vertigo, dwarfism, gigantism, I.B.S., OCD, etc. there's a bunch.

Can you come back as a retarded SJW otherkin?

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Semi wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Playing Rogue Legacy right now... It's a blast! Metroidvania + Rogue 'lite' (keep your gold when you die).

Yes. http://rogue-legacy.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Traits

Tunnel vision
Muscle Wk.
Gay.
Hypochondriac
Dementia.
Coprolalia.

Yes.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Parody Accountant wrote:
BlueShiftRhino wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:[.tweet][/.tweet]
I really [I didn't suck] at the internets; I, also, made a snarky reply to the post, but have no idea how to post it here.
You can go to your tweets and replies, look at your response that you want to post here, in the bottom right corner there is "view conversation". Do not click it. Right click it and copy the URL.

Then you post the URL here and highlight it, click on the tweet button in the editor. (AKA surround it with [.tweet]URL[/.tweet] no dots)
Learn something new every day – ta. :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Aneris wrote: Doug Hofstadter can come across as arrogant and confused on occasion, but cut him some slack and you won't regret it. That is really an interesting lecture.

[.youtube]Kr3QDMkMGmQ[/.youtube]
I read his Godel, Escher, Bach many years ago and it was an almost mystical experience for me, but once I finished the book I found I couldn't really remember much of it, at least not the parts that seemed transcendent to me.
An incredible fellow and an incredible book that I’m glad I too read many years ago – been a touchstone for me in many ways. Been meaning to read his book [with others] on Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought

sinister

Post by sinister »

Semi wrote:

Well, after reading that, I learned once again you cannot inhale chips.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Semi wrote:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sinister wrote:
Semi wrote:

:lol: Thanks for "enacting the labour" to prove that hypothesis .... ;-)

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Sulman wrote:
bhoytony wrote:My theory of profiling people based on their tea preferences seems to be valid. Jonathon McIntosh = a cock.
What the fuck is this effeminate little tea set I see before me? Disgusting. Truly Anita hath a manlet.

Tea needs to imbibed directly from a 55 gallon drum, half of which is sugar.
Sugar in tea? Blasphemy! Black tea, some honey, no sugar!

Just as your volkisch ancestors took theirs!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/bc59758f2256 ... 1_1280.png

But I think we can all agree that Anita's boyfriend/puppet master is King Manlet.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Linus wrote:I haven't really followed this place for awhile. Not even gonna try to keep up. Just wondering if I'm the only one here who now thinks the allegations against Shermer are probably true. I'll explain why I've come to that conclusion.
Nope; you're not alone. My current best guess is that he didn't want to bang her when she was sloppy-floppy drunk (or in a bathroom), but he had no scruples against only waiting long enough for her to be halfway sober. He was also, again, by my best guess, completely using her 20-something hero-worship to bed her. Not illegal, but rather cad-like.

As someone has said, he ain't dating my daughter, but I'll still go to his talks.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

NoelPlum weighs in on my vid:
noelplum99

Watching the video. Question. What was the evidence that the servers were going around filling the glasses rather than Shermer? Is this a disputed fact still or has that part of the initial accusation been retracted?
thx
I wish I had encyclopedic citation ability, but does anyone have that one off hand? It's been a while since that tag-along accusation was made.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Spoke too soon....
Oolon tea is really good, dammit.

Why does the slimy turd have to culturally appropriate a delicious tea? What a white oppressive shitlord.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Mykeru -

It depends on which party you're talking about. There is definitely stuff out there (on JREF) saying that servers were filling glasses, but that was at the official party before the cigar-party or at a party at some other event. The possibility that Shermer was filling her glass more than his own at the cigar party is still possible - at least, I know of no third-person witness to refute it.

sinister

Post by sinister »

James Caruthers wrote:

Why does the slimy turd have to culturally appropriate a delicious tea? What a white oppressive shitlord.
Oof, I don't think I could drink it anymore. I would be thinking about runny beer shits like Oolon. Blech.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Mykeru wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Here ya go:

[youtube]l-eNn6S9hXA[/youtube]

I love the distortion you put on these videos. At one point in my past I wanted to be a sound engineer and I get all uppity about sound quality.

You artful get past that and well thank you.

You make my ears happy.
Distortion? I use a Sony digital stereo MP3 recorder.

What distortion is there, supposedly?
Clearly it's just your voice seething and snarling with rage.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Badger3k wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
They can't win. There are too many gamers who reject their ideology. Gamers have an advantage over say atheist in that there is a direct product (games) that they are able to use. Gamers will buy the games that they enjoy and game developers will make the games that gamers want to buy.

Once again money is the end all be all.
Not only that, but they seek to try and wear #gamergate gamers down, but as someone pointed out on twitter, gamers are used to grinding - it's easy to stay the distance, especially, as you say, when there is a tangible product involved. Include that most gamers are used to being harassed - gamers have long been the "whipping boy" of society and jokes for decades - and are used to facing huge odds and frustrating, rage inducing moments in games (i.e. Deus Ex HR bosses!) - most have the stamina for the fight. Plus, many are way more passionate about their hobby/lifestyle/etc than atheists area about atheism.[/quote]

The other very important thing that they are not "getting" is that it seems that the gamers and you tubers are just loving this shit.

As more revelations surface, the tide against the games media grows stronger and these arrogant assholes just can't seem to be able to shut up.

This only serves to feed the beast.

The real sear will come in a few months, if most of these sites are showing significant loss, many of these SJW "journalists" may be facing unemployment.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I don't know what I've done to deserve the Modok treatment, but I am flattered. Well done Ape!
Dog puke whooped yourself and Brive inside a heart, I saw your floating head with the band on your forehead and instantly thought "MODOK"

Ape lust created a reality even more stunning than my vision.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:Mykeru -

It depends on which party you're talking about. There is definitely stuff out there (on JREF) saying that servers were filling glasses, but that was at the official party before the cigar-party or at a party at some other event. The possibility that Shermer was filling her glass more than his own at the cigar party is still possible - at least, I know of no third-person witness to refute it.

No, you misunderstand. We aren't talking about Alison Smith. This was a "me too" accuser (some cow whose name escapes me) who, citing another incident, claimed Shermer was filling her glass with the intention of getting her drunk, when it was servers topping off everyone.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Mykeru wrote:In fact, in The Block Bot video, after Quinn Norton says her line about men being raised to hate women, I had the Lemur-eyed guy just stare and blink for several seconds of dead air.

There was nothing better to do than just let the stupid hang in the air like an egg fart.
Those are the touches that turn amusing into hilarity.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Click on this

http://beesbeesbees.com/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Do not smell Parody Accountant's finger!!!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Badger3k wrote:
Many of my characters are female. Just because, I guess - just want to play something different from me, even though in most cases there is no difference between sexes. My lead character in Destiny (PS4) is a female hunter. Currently kicking ass, of course. Skyrim was male, Saints Row started male, but there were less costume choices so I switched to female (plus, I look a hell of a lot better), Dragon Age and Mass Effect - both sexes. In most games, the sex and race of the character really don't matter. It's really just a surface skin over the actions and the player, which matter more - something the SJWs just don't get - they are too fixated on the surface (in most cases, trans/otherkin may be different) to see that it really isn't important. I have no idea of anything about most of the people on my friends list - I have no idea of the race or sex of most of them, and as long as they play well, who cares?
Skyrim, for me, was female play-through. Saints Row I played a female because, like you, the wardrobe choices were better. Dragon Age I played through as a male. Mass Effect as both. FO1 as a male. FO2 as a female. FO3 as a female. FO3:NV as a female. BG1 & BG2 I played through as a male. Jade Empire was as a male.

So pretty mixed. Really depends on the character models and clothing. I don't want an ugly character or one dressed in a chain-mail bikini.

Mostly though, either the character gender is 'set,' like The Witcher, or irrelevant, like XCom, State of Decay, Wasteland 2, etc.

CuntajusRationality

Mykeru wrote:NoelPlum weighs in on my vid:
noelplum99

Watching the video. Question. What was the evidence that the servers were going around filling the glasses rather than Shermer? Is this a disputed fact still or has that part of the initial accusation been retracted?
thx
I wish I had encyclopedic citation ability, but does anyone have that one off hand? It's been a while since that tag-along accusation was made.
It should not matter either way, unless noelplum99 is implying that the women in question have no agency.

Server: "Miss, may I refill your glass?"
Damsel: "No thank you, I've had quite enough."

vs.

Shermer: "Here, have another..."
Damsel: "No thank you, I've had quite enough."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Absolutely out-of-the-park brilliant!

It's amazing how clear in focus things become when you just call a spade a spade.

(And Jeff Wagg a douche.)

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

James Caruthers wrote:
another lurker wrote:Since we are talking about gains, brahs and being 'swole' I haz a question for the more biologically/anthropologically minded. When I first started reading up on fitness this spring, I came across this website: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ where the blogger/author talks about the ancient 'primal' diet, and describes how 'grok', our 'ripped' ancestor may have lived. "Grok" has been described as being 6ft tall, totally ripped etc - just like our Volkisch hero. Now, how much of this is fantasy? Kind of like 300 - we imagine that in the good ole days, everyone ate wonderfully healthy and had an amazing body. But, common sense would hint that, at least when it comes to a hard life of hunting/fighting etc, that being totally ripped and lean, with 5% body fat or less is really fucking unhealthy and won't actually protect you from 1) cold 2) injuries. I remember reading about how 300 was totally off-base, because warriors actually benefit from a thin layer of fat - if you get a laceration on your arm, for example, the fat will act as a buffer - if it's just your rippling muscle, that muscle is gonna be toast.

Any ideas?
Early agricultural diet was shit.

Semi-nomadic tribes who gathered and collected food had good diets COMPARED to the early agricultural diet of grain mush.

Hunting and gathering was a pretty okay diet, but with modern technology and modern advances in medicine and health, you can have an even better diet.

Nomadic societies would have done a lot of walking, not pumping iron. Actually strong people don't look like bodybuilders and there seems to be some evidence that population height is increasing rather than decreasing over the centuries.
I saw a documentary that was discussing the building of Hadrian's wall and how the Romans would work up to 18 hours a day on a single meal. I always imagine that people back then who had an adequate (for them) diet would look small and thin to us but would also be extremely strong. A six foot tall ripped soldier would require a lot of high quality food.

I notice this exercising. Unless you are doing low rep stuff to actually build muscle, what seems to happen to me is that a body measurement shrinks then increases then shrinks again. I assume that's because you lose fat then gain muscle, then the muscle gets more efficient.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Mykeru wrote:

No, you misunderstand. We aren't talking about Alison Smith. This was a "me too" accuser (some cow whose name escapes me) who, citing another incident, claimed Shermer was filling her glass with the intention of getting her drunk, when it was servers topping off everyone.
Might be a case for Dr. Strawkins.

I remember during the August of Accusations, on PZ's blog, that by way of showing supporting evidence for the truth of the grenade post someone else claimed to have had a drunken interaction with Shermer, that he kept filling her wine glass, and she was very thankful that friends got her away from him before he got his hands on her. I can't remember how it came to light that it was actually wait staff who were simply refilling everyone's glass (as directed by Shermer, the very normal, very common action of a good host). I also can't remember if that was the same woman who claimed that Shermer -almost- honked her tits at a party (a Pimps and Hos themed party, if I recall correctly), but was prevented by the quick thinking of DJ Grothe (?)

In your video, you used a pic of the woman who was nearly groped, and seemingly needed a fainting couch to recover from the trauma which the non event caused.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Mykeru wrote:

Her name was Everlasting Godstopper on jref I think

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

....or, something.

Hmm....need an avatar.
https://db1736767dbd5e7094bb-d61bbc5d0b ... 33298f.jpg

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

James Caruthers wrote:

Fuck tea, why does he have to ruin Hitchhiker's?

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Grandma!

(And ty all, glad to be here officially)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:An incredible fellow and an incredible book that I’m glad I too read many years ago – been a touchstone for me in many ways. Been meaning to read his book [with others] on Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought
Is this the book? Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter? I guess it is. I must be a philistine or something because while I could remember reading it many years ago I could not remember the contents at all.

In fact I had to look it up on Wikipedia to remember what it was all about.

I might have another go at it ... later.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Dan wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

Everlastinggodstopper is one word. Her name is Janice Rael viewtopic.php? search.php?keywords=everlastinggodstopp ... 74#p124174

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Blitzem, welcome! Now fuck off!

Remember hammers over screwdrivers, no dual wielding, thumb behind the neck and you should do fine.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

Lol, that's pretty good. Might use that.

Aneris

in a missionary position

Post by Aneris »

I am sure you will enjoy Bob Wilson. He begins with Andrea Dworkin which you can hear for yourself, and then he has lines as these...
RAW wrote:I admire theologians who are willing to deal with the hard cases. They produce remarkable results that inspire a great deal of the satire of my books...
Goes on to explain koranic rules, where divorce (for the woman) is impossible even if the man sodomizes a camel.
RAW wrote:...however, the Ayatollah believes Allah has some sense of realitivity. Allah will grant the women a divorce if the husband is in the habit of sodomizing her brother. This may sound like surrealism or something. But it's rigorous logic. Theologians always use rigorous logic.
RAW wrote:...according to the Ayahtollah it's much better to bugger a camel than your brother-in-law, because you see, when you're shtupping a camel […] that is only a sin on your part and you are not corrupting another soul. Camels don't have any souls. If you are bugging your brother-in-law, you are leading him into sin, too. So you see, the whole thing makes sense.
“That's the wonderful thing about religion. It all makes sense.”

Religion for the Hell of It
[youtube]ww9vXuwcp3g[/youtube]

Wasn't able to find out when this was recorded. It seems in 2000, but he sure was ahead of the curve. And yes, he also has some bizarre and esoteric ideas where you don't know whether they were meant seriously. But then he goes on to say you should never believe fully in anyones belief system (B.S.), not even your own.

CuntajusRationality

Mykeru wrote:NoelPlum weighs in on my vid:
noelplum99

thx
Not sure if this is the original source, but there is a pit discussion from August 2013 wherein a Mr. Deity video titled ‘Did I "Blame the Victim?"' (and his subsequent clarifications to that video), were cited as a source of the claim that it was the servers, and not Shermer himself, refilling the glasses.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=351&p=124220&hilit ... erver#wrap

by goddamn 'nym » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:51 pm • [Post 4575]
Mr. Deity wrote:Well, please note -- that's a woman who admits that absolutely no harm came to her. And I have it from two sources now that that's not even the way that situation went down. It was not a one-on-one with the accused, but a group of people. And the accused was not pouring the drink. He simply told the server to refill everyone (presumable everyone who wanted a refill). Does anyone really believe that the accused would be playing wine server at a Gala where he's the guest of honor? Really?

Dan

Post by Dan »

Mykeru wrote:

This should be all the info you need viewtopic.php?p=124674#p124674

CuntajusRationality

Dan wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

The following post from the JREF forums would suggest that you are remembering the nym correctly (emphasis added)...

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=70845

19th December 2006, 12:48 PM
EverLastingGodStopper wrote: There's no scientific proof that using marijuana "deadens rationality."

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a buzz. And damn, I love wine.
:lol:

Search results turn up empty when using "Shermer" as a keyword and EverLastingGodStopper as the poster.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Mykeru wrote:
blitzem wrote:
Mykeru wrote: I've done a lot of theater in the past, high school, college and was a member of a theater and improve company. Did radio plays and reader's theater, stuff where you couldn't get by on physicality. So some of the timing -- and need to maintain vocal variety -- comes from that, I would guess.

In high school our director David Rowe would sit in the back of the auditorium in the dark, and all you could see is the periodic coal from his Barclay cigarettes (a different time, he used to send me out to buy them for him before I was 18) and the dreaded things you could hear from there were "louder", "boring" and "I don't believe you".

He was a magnificent bastard.
Nice. It clearly rubbed off. I never had the balls to get up on stage except in a junior jazz band and my piano was at the back.
I benefited greatly from growing up in Babylon Village, and having a graduating class of 125 people. Theater wasn't an out-group thing. In fact, my friend Nick was both on the football team and did theater (and not a bad cockney accent for Agatha Christie, if I recall), and we were sort of the hub where cliques came together.

http://i.imgur.com/YUz9M6e.jpg
Dude, I never knew. Is this where your trembling rage comes from?

Kenteken

Post by Kenteken »

Thanks, absolutely a good one.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mykeru wrote:

And that woman's story has been debunked by another woman who was there. (Can't enact the link labor; I'm on my phone.)

Note how noelplum employs the classic tactic of global warming deniers -- avoiding the main thesis by nitpicking on minutiae.

Most flabbergasting is the SJW premise that women are these fragile naïfs who can be tricked into drinking too much. Alison says she noticed Shermer was hiding his drinks under the table -- then why not bug out them and there?

The whole feminist SJW bubble is based on gamma male white-knight wannabes and the dysfunctional women who dominate them while simultaneously despising them for their pathetic wimpiness. In that environment, Shermer's 'fuck anything that moves' strategy is a successful rogue ESS.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Liz points out something to the SJW. Does any of this sound familiar?
PeopleasObject.jpg
(75.74 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
I suspect that some Social Justice Warrios would be in a bit of a panic by now if they had any sense.