Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
SoylentAtheist

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I agree that "immoral not to abort" is not the best way to put it. Maybe "I would personally have a moral problem if it wasn't aborted" might have been better. But hey, Twitter limitations and all that.
You know what I think?

Richard Dawkins is not some kind of Atheist pope. He has no special position on which to dictate morality. Just as pz myers has no special position from which to dictate morality. Someone asked him his opinion and he gave it. Now if Richard Dawkins ran around trying to impose his morality opinion on everyone else, THEN it would be an issue. Thankfully he is not. Just as it would be a problem if pz myers ran around trying to impose his morality on everyone else.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Well, I was just giving my opinion on the wording. :)

SoylentAtheist

Post by SoylentAtheist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Well, I was just giving my opinion on the wording. :)
I wasn't specifically picking on you, so much as using your comment as a jumping off point for this general discussion.

But of course, what should I expect from someone with perfect posture privilege. ;)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

SoylentAtheist wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I agree that "immoral not to abort" is not the best way to put it. Maybe "I would personally have a moral problem if it wasn't aborted" might have been better. But hey, Twitter limitations and all that.
You know what I think?

Richard Dawkins is not some kind of Atheist pope. He has no special position on which to dictate morality. Just as pz myers has no special position from which to dictate morality. Someone asked him his opinion and he gave it. Now if Richard Dawkins ran around trying to impose his morality opinion on everyone else, THEN it would be an issue. Thankfully he is not. Just as it would be a problem if pz myers ran around trying to impose his morality on everyone else.

Pffffft!
As if that would ever happen! :P

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:You know what I think?

Pffffft!
As if that would ever happen! :P
Dammit, don't make me laugh out loud in the office! :lol:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

zenbabe wrote:
Did you catch PZ's response to Robin Williams' suicide? It pissed off heaps of people. Including Dawkins. And speaking of Dawkins, did you see the Butterfly Treaty?
Missed the Butterfly Treaty, but as far as PZ Myers' response to Robin Williams suicide, let me guess: Like everything else of note, P.Z. thinks we shouldn't pay attention to it because there are more important things to pay attention to (See his post "Felix Baumgartner/soldiers/anyone else ain't no thing, so look at me instead" to see how this works), but that doesn't stop him from paying enough attention to it to write a blog post.

PZ Myers is a study of classically conditioned douche-baggery.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Soylent:
While the statement seems to be reasonable on face value, the trouble comes in defining "trying to impose his morality opinion on everyone else"; as I would argue with the case of anyone running the "Believe the Victim!" 'scam', is clearly trying to impose their morality.

As jet_lagg inadvertently pointed out in defending, or attempting to defend, Myers' "humble brag" post of presumed Sexual Assault, presenting it as first hand knowledge of an event that may, or may not have happened precisely as it occurred. In suggesting to anyone that Michael Shermer was guilty of rape, there is an element of attempting to impose the "Believe the Victim" morality (after all, why would a victim lie?). At the same time, to go against that, you have "Don't Blame the Victim", which compounds the imposed morality, as to say anything against "Believe the Victim" is to instantaneously be blaming the victim for what may or may not have occurred.

It's evident even in the Zoe Quinn horseshit, where it was deemed "slut shaming" to point out that she may, or may not, have been using power directly invested in her by merely having a vagina to encourage positive reviews. While at the same time, there was the same element of "slut shaming" going on in regards to Josh-whatshisface that was married (although we call this "Adultery" and is in fact a crime punishable by law), the focus was on how pitiful of a victim Quinn is/was. I don't

It's easy to cut yourself on a double-edged blade however, as I could just have done so in expressing my opinion. Have I crossed the line in suggesting to someone else where crossing the BtV & DBtV lines are?

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Mykeru:
Yet jet_lagg says we should treat PZ in a case-by-case basis. Interesting to know that it's not the first time he's done it.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

SoylentAtheist wrote: They are out there and it is a glorious set of self important Hugo Schwarz mutton-chopped goodness. Sorry, I am not in a place where I can look up the images. But he hashed, slashed and insulted everyone, told people he is canceling his games and then started pounding away at the keyboard saying "TWITTER MELTDOWN TWITTER MELTDOWN TWITTER MELTDOWN TWITTER MELTDOWN TWITTER MELTDOWN " as if to perhaps play it off as some mental episode that he had no control over.

Here is part of it, but not the best of his primadonna tirade.
http://www.gamefront.com/did-phil-fish- ... a-twitter/
These kind of guys going full on Pink Taco Defense and rage-quitting the internet for at least a day and a half?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... DC_IGF.jpg

Why, you lying sack of shit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I'd say two out of three seem to be actually needing glasses. Why they choose hipster-style glasses is another matter entirely...

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

didymos wrote:Phil Fish deleted his Twitter.
As he should. Being an SJW doesn't go well with telling people to kill themselves.
What I found really funny tho were his posts how he totally cancelled 2 projects as a form of "punishment" for the community.
What a pompous jerk.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

TiBo:
Nothing new, I think it can probably be linked back to Mrs. Fish withholding video games from him when he was younger. Being the good little boy that turned into a SJW, it's likely he didn't find ways to subvert the punishment. As anyone that was "suspended" from doing something knows, there's always a way around the "punishment".

"You can't go out with your friends" becomes "I'm going to the library for the afternoon." especially if your parents are trapped in jobs that basically require overtime.

"I'm taking away the power cord to your PC to stop you from playing video games instead of doing homework" became "I'll find a way to borrow a power cord from a friend, or just find where you put it." - True story, eventually parents started taking all the power cords to their work.

Revoking privileges just meant you had to find a new way to do exactly what you wanted to do in the first place. After awhile, for better or worse, the pressure that parents attempted to put on the child will be subverted. If it isn't being subverted then you have a good kid. If it is being subverted, then spanking might be a better option. I wonder how different I'd have turned out if I had been spanked instead of having "privileges revoked" and then subverting it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Big news with the Atheism Plus fundraiser.
Someone else has donated!

They are up to $15 !!!

Four more days left to get the remaining 98.5% of their target amount!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Opyt wrote:Mykeru:
Yet jet_lagg says we should treat PZ in a case-by-case basis. Interesting to know that it's not the first time he's done it.
Fuck jet_lagg. Anyone paying half-hearted attention to a typing jerk-reflex like PZ Myers can predict how firm his shit will be on any given morning.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cainaji is feeling 1/256th solidarity with the brothers and sisters suffering in MO.

To be serious, this is exactly the kind of bullshit "appropriation" of others' suffering which this malicious cunt normally takes pleasure in shrieking about on Meyers's blog. She is clearly an illogical, hypocritical, insane piece of shit. Proper skin-crawling feeling coming from this nasty fucker:

http://i.imgur.com/BNkDgM8.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-838768
I really doubt any sherrif would mistake this for pot:

http://www.thetreefarm.com/media/catalo ... t-bron.jpg

Keep on making shit up, Caine the Insane! :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Opyt wrote:TiBo:
Nothing new, I think it can probably be linked back to Mrs. Fish withholding video games from him when he was younger. Being the good little boy that turned into a SJW, it's likely he didn't find ways to subvert the punishment. As anyone that was "suspended" from doing something knows, there's always a way around the "punishment".

"You can't go out with your friends" becomes "I'm going to the library for the afternoon." especially if your parents are trapped in jobs that basically require overtime.

"I'm taking away the power cord to your PC to stop you from playing video games instead of doing homework" became "I'll find a way to borrow a power cord from a friend, or just find where you put it." - True story, eventually parents started taking all the power cords to their work.

Revoking privileges just meant you had to find a new way to do exactly what you wanted to do in the first place. After awhile, for better or worse, the pressure that parents attempted to put on the child will be subverted. If it isn't being subverted then you have a good kid. If it is being subverted, then spanking might be a better option. I wonder how different I'd have turned out if I had been spanked instead of having "privileges revoked" and then subverting it.
My father used to trash me with a martinet for the smallest of offences. I've cancelled my Twitter account a while ago...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

TiBo wrote:
didymos wrote:Phil Fish deleted his Twitter.
As he should. Being an SJW doesn't go well with telling people to kill themselves.
What I found really funny tho were his posts how he totally cancelled 2 projects as a form of "punishment" for the community.
What a pompous jerk.
It's a cry for help:
TOUCH Fez_dev_team_at_2012_GDC_IGF.jpg
(439.98 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Opyt wrote:Soylent:
While the statement seems to be reasonable on face value, the trouble comes in defining "trying to impose his morality opinion on everyone else"; as I would argue with the case of anyone running the "Believe the Victim!" 'scam', is clearly trying to impose their morality.

As jet_lagg inadvertently pointed out in defending, or attempting to defend, Myers' "humble brag" post of presumed Sexual Assault, presenting it as first hand knowledge of an event that may, or may not have happened precisely as it occurred. In suggesting to anyone that Michael Shermer was guilty of rape, there is an element of attempting to impose the "Believe the Victim" morality (after all, why would a victim lie?). At the same time, to go against that, you have "Don't Blame the Victim", which compounds the imposed morality, as to say anything against "Believe the Victim" is to instantaneously be blaming the victim for what may or may not have occurred.

It's evident even in the Zoe Quinn horseshit, where it was deemed "slut shaming" to point out that she may, or may not, have been using power directly invested in her by merely having a vagina to encourage positive reviews. While at the same time, there was the same element of "slut shaming" going on in regards to Josh-whatshisface that was married (although we call this "Adultery" and is in fact a crime punishable by law), the focus was on how pitiful of a victim Quinn is/was. I don't

It's easy to cut yourself on a double-edged blade however, as I could just have done so in expressing my opinion. Have I crossed the line in suggesting to someone else where crossing the BtV & DBtV lines are?

'Believe the victim' is a truism - of course you should believe the victim. The very word 'victim' in this case signifies the person to whom you direct your sympathy.
The trouble with the policy, however, is that there is an alternative interpretation.
What if the victim is the person subject to a false accusation?

For example in the cases of Lousy Canuck and PZ Myers, they were victims of false accusations.
We can still 'believe the victims' here.

But if 'believe the victims' can apply to both the accuser and the accused, how do we determine which one to believe?
Is it possible to do this without evidence and the application of skepticism?

The fundamental flaw with the SJW approach is that they do seem to think that evidence and skepticism are detrimental in this situation - that they indicate doubt towards real rape victims. But unless you rigidly apply a 'believe the rape victims' standard on every accusation you are going to be forced to use arbitrary standards towards determining which accusation is real and which is false. You can see this clearly in the case of Canuck and Myers where their supporters disbelieve the charges for little reason other than the accused are on their side.
It may be true that there is little evidence to prove them to be rapists but evidence itself is not really a factor in most of their accusations.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Big news with the Atheism Plus fundraiser.
Someone else has donated!

They are up to $15 !!!

Four more days left to get the remaining 98.5% of their target amount!
They're gonna make it! They're gonna make it! .... They ain't gonna make it.

They're gonna make it! They're gonna make it! .... They ain't gonna make it.

[youtube]ILoe0H5oh-0[/youtube]

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Right, Mr. Strawkins, that's the problem with it.

In an effort to not be long-winded, I was merely trying to figure out who gets to decide what is "the line" where one begins "enforcing their morals" on another. As manipulating, or attempting to manipulate, opinions about a subject could become coercive if enough people are attempting it.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Zoe Quinn is Bjartelicious:
:bjarte:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Actually quite funny, IMO. Different layers of reading.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

didymos wrote:Zoe Quinn is Bjartelicious:
http://i.imgur.com/q6yJ3Sh.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

didymos wrote:Zoe Quinn is Bjartelicious:
Ha! This is the kind of joke that you make and add a **RIMSHOT** after.

However, Twitter being the piece of shit that it is, you can't really do that.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

What, nobody has referred to zoe quinn as a "beta tester" yet? Twitter, pit, I am disappoint.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here's one for Cainaji. If any ftb'ers are lurking, please let Caine know about this.

Caine, THIS will get you the sheriff's false suspicion that you're growing pot when you really aren't:

http://www.athenee-horticulture.be/dida ... /an103.jpg

It's Cleome spinosa. Before it flowers, it looks a lot like pot. Also, it gives off a bit of a sweet skunky smell, just like some varieties of pot do. It's not even related though, and you certainly can't get high off of it.

Before you know it, you'll be getting cavity searched at the station and held in jail until the lab results are back. That's IF they ever even bother to send them to the costly labs.

NOW you'll have a bit of brag-able victimhood. You're welcome. Bye.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

DownThunder wrote:What, nobody has referred to zoe quinn as a "beta tester" yet? Twitter, pit, I am disappoint.
LOL!

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Mykeru wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Did you catch PZ's response to Robin Williams' suicide? It pissed off heaps of people. Including Dawkins. And speaking of Dawkins, did you see the Butterfly Treaty?
Missed the Butterfly Treaty, but as far as PZ Myers' response to Robin Williams suicide, let me guess: Like everything else of note, P.Z. thinks we shouldn't pay attention to it because there are more important things to pay attention to (See his post "Felix Baumgartner/soldiers/anyone else ain't no thing, so look at me instead" to see how this works), but that doesn't stop him from paying enough attention to it to write a blog post.

PZ Myers is a study of classically conditioned douche-baggery.
It was as you imagine then, except shittier, because while in the UK, where he was being honored as a humanist (if I have it right) (and if I do, just.. lol), he berated Williams for being white, and rich, and being so selfish as to kill himself which diverted media attention away from more important things. Sparked quite a few blogs and I guess that post of his got what, around 500 comments? Or so it was said here in the pit, where everything is true.
Here's a pretty excellent post about it which I did read:
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... ephen-fry/

Dawkins and Ophie released a joint statement about how to disagree (haha!):
https://richarddawkins.net/2014/07/join ... d-dawkins/
In response to this, somewhere on her site or maybe via twitter, she did say it was ok to call her a fuckwit. The fascist tit was all over that. However, we can't mock anyone's hairstyles anymore. Her commentariat at least, if not she herself, took the Butterfly Treaty to mean that Dawkins was anti-slymepit.

Those links are in reverse chronological order.
First was the Treaty.
Ophie seems to think the Treaty gives her the authority to educate Dawkins in the ways of social media and making your views clear. :D

Then came PZ's heartless post. Dawkins didn't like it, but he loved Coyne's post about it.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

So these SJW infest places where people care enough (or are weak enough to care) about being called an 'ist' or some sort?

So there really aren't conservative SJW's, right? There aren't really religious SJW's, right?

Remember when Dan Dennet would talk/write about what would replace religion? Or whether we really wanted to destroy religion because something worse might take it's place? DD also suggested that rather than try to destroy religion we could work on modernizing it, or working on changing it so it's not so virulent.

Is this what's going on in secular circles and SJW stuff? Religions has been destroyed and this something else coming to replace it is not so good?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Heh, regarding the Pit's painted image by FTB and Friends, that's quite relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocity_propaganda

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

zenbabe wrote:
It was as you imagine then, except shittier, because while in the UK, where he was being honored as a humanist (if I have it right) (and if I do, just.. lol), he berated Williams for being white, and rich, and being so selfish as to kill himself which diverted media attention away from more important things.
Oh, but of course he did. PZ is quite the white guy himself, but where PZ really comes into his own in being an emminently predictable bitter douchebag, Robin Williams was also wickedly talented (YouTube his 2001 Inside the Actor's Studio appearance), highly successful and, well, quite literally beloved by millions.

What Myers really can't abide is success. That's the entire subtext when he pulls this move, and was glaringly obvious when he derided Felix Baumgartner edge-o-the-atmosphere free-fall. All you need to do is point out something extraordinary to PZ Myers and he will start chipping away until he gets to the "important stuff", which is the world according to some failed old-fuck community college limp-dick pussy-assed douchebag that hasn't done anything of significance in his own field for well on 20 years and so has all the time in the world to drag everything down to his own level of comfy pot-bellied mediocrity.

Fuck PZ Myers, if his prostate gave a shit about making the world a better place, it would start metastasizing immediately.

Furthermore:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... DC_IGF.jpg

Fuck these guys. I am so sick of these pampered whiny-bitch nutless wonders, invariably 20-something assholes who know absolute shit about life, relationships, actual work, struggle, pain and loss yet think they get to dictate their version of reality as seen through hipster glasses and warmed by ironic sweaters. Seriously, I'm beginning to think there's a sweatshop in Malaysia that churned out these indistinguishable fuckwits like the limp-dick version of a T-101 factory. What really annoys me is that, despite their insistence that they are somehow rad and edgy, these SJW douches invariably take the safest "please don't be mad at me" position. They are fucking invertebrates and pussy-beggars and, like Myers, I'm tired of their dumb, toxic shit being passed off as enlightened.

Does anyone know how to make napalm? No, it's not equal parts gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate. Message me.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Phil:
Don't forget, members of the Pit are guilty of it as well. ;)
I'm definitely beyond-a-doubt guilty of it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Opyt wrote:Phil:

Meh, I don't do the propaganda thing. I try to reason with facts.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

debaser71 wrote:So these SJW infest places where people care enough (or are weak enough to care) about being called an 'ist' or some sort?

So there really aren't conservative SJW's, right? There aren't really religious SJW's, right?

Remember when Dan Dennet would talk/write about what would replace religion? Or whether we really wanted to destroy religion because something worse might take it's place? DD also suggested that rather than try to destroy religion we could work on modernizing it, or working on changing it so it's not so virulent.

Is this what's going on in secular circles and SJW stuff? Religions has been destroyed and this something else coming to replace it is not so good?
There are plenty of religious SJWs.
There's quite a few muslin SJWs often feminist and gay rights advocates, and also quite a few evangelical Christian types, like Hugo Schwyzer and, I believe Ms Suey Park.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
debaser71 wrote:So these SJW infest places where people care enough (or are weak enough to care) about being called an 'ist' or some sort?

There's quite a few muslin SJWs often feminist and gay rights advocates, and also quite a few evangelical Christian types, like Hugo Schwyzer and, I believe Ms Suey Park.
'Muslim'

franc

Post by franc »

Tiny violin is tiny but screechy. Same schmucks that first bought Hensley's PTSD hook, line and fishing pier. Amazingly, commentariat hostility -

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/zoe-quinn- ... x-scandal/

http://i.imgur.com/srqAoDe.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Opyt wrote:Phil:
Meh, I don't do the propaganda thing. I try to reason with facts.
There are two types of propaganda -

1) that which serves no purpose other than to deceive, and

2) that which uses satire to amplify an absurd reality to amplify a point of criticism and/or unmask a buffoon

Baboons do one. The cunts here do the other. Decide for yourself which is which.

http://i.imgur.com/u2YI7kG.jpg

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Meh, I don't do the propaganda thing. I try to reason with facts.
Fair enough, but every time you've snickered at one of Gumby or Ape+lust's shoops or the Jan Steen's Piranhas, you've seen "propaganda", some of which is the atrocity flavor of it lol.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Franc, I already have. Or I wouldn't be posting here laughing my ass off whenever the folks here post it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

AndrewV69 wrote:
franc wrote:
Mykeru wrote: If you need to carch up on Zoe, I dug this up that doesn't seem to have been picked up yet out there -

:cdc:
Oh FFS! Why is it that Zinna Jones appears to be just a bit more attractive than Zoe Quinn?

http://dat.fgts.jp/s/1408453818310.jpg
Girlcock. Admit it. You're into it.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

I'm confused even more, thanks, I think! hehe

So SJWism is not only a lefty thing? There can be right wing christian conservative (using the USA as an example) SJW's?

Anyway I am going under the assumption that someone can be a religious person but also be completely secular in their everyday lives.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Skep tickle wrote:
austin wrote:So terrible, fTbCON has been postponed. May the real reason be that maybe only 50-100 people actually care, just like the other times. Who can endure the Lousy Canuck drone on for hours unless you have insomnia.
http://ftbcon.org/
Miri wrote:FtBCon 3 Postponed: Please Read

Due to some unexpected circumstances for a few of the FtBCon organizers going off their meds yet again, we have decided to postpone the conference for a few months. We know that you have kept your schedules open for next weekend and we apologize for this, but it’s the best way to make sure that the conference is as well-organized and fun as we want it to be.

We’re working on setting a new date together with all our panel organizers so that as many of them can participate as possible. We’ll have a date set by next weekend, and the rescheduled conference will probably be between two and five months from now. Look out for the announcement on this blog, our Twitter, and our Facebook page.

Thanks for your help in making FtBCon awesome. We apologize again for having to postpone and hope that you’ll be able to join us for the new date. If you have any questions, let us know.
"Unexpected circumstances"? Which do you think those might be? Avi passing his last medical school courses? Book sales flagging for PZ & Greta? Ophelia having to keep tabs on Dawkins' tweets & issue corrective posts whenever he strays?

(Summer probably wasn't a good time anyway, at least for people with northern hemisphere privilege.)
FTFY

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Mykeru wrote:

Fuck these guys. I am so sick of these pampered whiny-bitch nutless wonders, invariably 20-something assholes who know absolute shit about life, relationships, actual work, struggle, pain and loss yet think they get to dictate their version of reality as seen through hipster glasses and warmed by ironic sweaters. Seriously, I'm beginning to think there's a sweatshop in Malaysia that churned out these indistinguishable fuckwits like the limp-dick version of a T-101 factory. What really annoys me is that, despite their insistence that they are somehow rad and edgy, these SJW douches invariably take the safest "please don't be mad at me" position. They are fucking invertebrates and pussy-beggars and, like Myers, I'm tired of their dumb, toxic shit being passed off as enlightened.

Does anyone know how to make napalm? No, it's not equal parts gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate. Message me.
My God, I've missed you.

franc

Post by franc »

debaser71 wrote:So SJWism is not only a lefty thing? There can be right wing christian conservative (using the USA as an example) SJW's?
[youtube]RybNI0KB1bg[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

To offset the bad vibes of PZ whining about Robin Williams, here is a beautiful, autotuned tribute to Robin Williams by MelodySheep...

[youtube]G2e_M06YDyY[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

katamari Damassi wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
franc wrote: Oh FFS! Why is it that Zinna Jones appears to be just a bit more attractive than Zoe Quinn?

And here I am back on Tapatalk. Well worth it to make sure we can keep hotlinking to mid-aughts photos of some fucking tatted up psycho skank.

Thanks, kids.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

katamari Damassi wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
franc wrote: Oh FFS! Why is it that Zinna Jones appears to be just a bit more attractive than Zoe Quinn?

And here I am back on Tapatalk. Well worth it to make sure we can keep hotlinking to mid-aughts photos of some fucking tatted up psycho skank.

Thanks, kids.

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Girlcock. Admit it. You're into it.

Thanks, kids.
FFS. I specifically put these links into an attachment so juveniles wouldn't blockquote, no edit, add one line.

Futile. The damage is being done elsewhere. There is no need.

It's a tattooed chick with a bald pussy that I'd take home too at 6am when we got kicked out of the early opener pubs. BFD. I am quite disgusting enough as it is without this idiot reposting. I prefer to be hated for what I say than what pics I unearth thank you very much.

franc

Post by franc »

franc wrote:It's a tattooed chick with a bald pussy that I'd take home too at 6am when we got kicked out of the early opener pubs. BFD. I am quite disgusting enough as it is without this idiot reposting. I prefer to be hated for what I say than what pics I unearth thank you very much.
PS:

I am profoundly disappointed there are no flapshots, let alone beercans up ass. Still digging. Where it won't be shared though is here.

Children.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
SoylentAtheist wrote:
Guesthouse wrote:That's something that came up with the Watson moving to San Fran, it where the games journalists live. Take that for what you will. Also Fuck Dawkins for saying he would abort a child with downs.
You can rest assured that Richard Dawkins will never be a woman.

And to counter, this is probably a real decision that is made by woman.

It occurs in 11.8 out of every 10,000 births as of 2003.

There were 3,952,841 births in the US in 2012.

So assuming prenatal care & testing, that means at least 4,664 woman would have needed to make this type of decision. Most probably make this type of decision either by themselves, or husband or with a very trusted friend. I would expect most never feel free enough to talk about it at any other time. Or even considering this ethical question in advance.

Your type of language kind of intimidates people from thinking this over in advance. I think there is actual value in assessing this question open & honestly ahead of time. Very few women taking Dawkins position would want to continue a discussion with you, much less broach it. And given your position, this is your loss as you will not have an opportunity to make a case that might potentially change their minds.

Just my 2 cents.
As mentioned earlier, I worked for a year in a prenatal testing clinic that dealt with exactly this issue.
It was my experience that while most tests showed that the fetus was in fact normal karyotype, almost every one of the women who were found to be pregnant with a Downs syndrome fetus decided to abort.
If Dawkins had said that he would choose to abort a fetus because of this condition he is simply stating what most people (in the UK) seem to do when faced with this scenario.

On the other hand, he didn't actually state that. What he said was that it was immoral not to abort - and I disagree with that.
I think it is not completely unarguable - Notung makes a hypothetical case for it on his Skeptic Ink site:

http://www.skepticink.com/notung/2014/0 ... liability/

It's just that I don't find it particularly convincing due to the variability of symptoms in Downs syndrome cases.
From your previous post, I gather that you do identify at least a few trisomy conditions where it would be immoral to bring the pregnancy to term. If we accept that those conditions dictate abortion, and also accept that Down's does not, then we accept that there exists -- if not a hard boundary -- then a litmus test for this decision. In any case, it's an ethical question that merits debate. Yet it seems the SJWs are again declaring a subject off-limits.

As with putting down old or ill animals, I believe the test should be quality of life, albeit an imprecisely defined concept yet quite useful. The quality of life for the parents and siblings should also be a factor.

Referring back to TiBo's epicurean point, we are not comparing the value a life vs. no life. For, most couples who abort a fetus with genetic issues will go on to have another baby in short order. So the comparison is between: an individual's life with a genetic condition vs. a life free from it, as well as the family's life with a member with or without that condition.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

It's really all about in-group/out-group dynamics. What we call SJW-dom is really the weaponization of these dynamics. So yes, conservative and religious SJW's most certainly exist, because there are plenty of them that weaponize in-group/out-group dynamics (for example, the Tea Party movement in the US is a great modern example).

Conservative churches are based around exploiting those dynamics. Their entire faith revolves around it. That doesn't mean that faith requires this, as DD was talking about (and I largely agree with). There are certain things about certain religions that tend to breed these tribalistic tendencies, and those things probably will need to be changed/removed, but that's a different story.

SJW starts to infest itself into communities when a group decides that weapon is a way to "take over". That's what happened in the Skeptic community, and in the Gaming community as well. It's a way for their tribe to take control. And there's a divide between people who feel the need to join them to not be left out, and people who think that it's futile at best, and that they'll just be turned on anyway so might as well fight them from the get-go.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mykeru wrote: Does anyone know how to make napalm? No, it's not equal parts gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate. Message me.
Mentos & coca cola?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

franc wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: And here I am back on Tapatalk. Well worth it to make sure we can keep hotlinking to mid-aughts photos of some fucking tatted up psycho skank.

Thanks, kids.
FFS. I specifically put these links into an attachment so juveniles wouldn't blockquote, no edit, add one line.

It's a tattooed chick with a bald pussy that I'd take home too at 6am when we got kicked out of the early opener pubs. BFD. I am quite disgusting enough as it is without this idiot reposting. I prefer to be hated for what I say than what pics I unearth thank you very much.
Back in Arizona there is this restaurant right by where we lived it look like a dive but the food was really good. The chef we found out it was actually trained in Greek and Middle Eastern cooking. He like us because we would order strange stuff like jalapeno pizza and suffer through it. So one day we sit down in the chef Dave sidles into the booth and says "hey look what I just got" , pulls open his shirt and lo and behold he just got a nipple ring. I dubbed him Dave the Human Hand Grenade.

I can't look at a picture of some tatted up skank with a nipple ring without hoping someone will give her a cheap dicking, pull the pin and run before she explodes

franc

Post by franc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Does anyone know how to make napalm? No, it's not equal parts gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate. Message me.
Mentos & coca cola?
Exhume Andrea Dworkin and jerk off over her remains.

http://greylining.com/2013/05/15/fuckin ... rkin-1994/

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:I can't look at a picture of some tatted up skank with a nipple ring without hoping someone will give her a cheap dicking, pull the pin and run before she explodes
Pffft. Back in the day you could bareback them up the ass, fall asleep, no one would remember what happened and they'd whoop you at pool next day like nothing happened... lather rinse repeat. When there is no respect to be lost by either party, what is the fucking problem.

Cunts make stupid. Stupid does not make cunts. We we're happy and free until the Puritans arrived.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

franc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mentos & coca cola?
Exhume Andrea Dworkin and jerk off over her remains.

http://greylining.com/2013/05/15/fuckin ... rkin-1994/
in order to get an erection she would have to be so badly decomposed as to be unrecognizable

Dave

Post by Dave »

Mykeru wrote: Back in Arizona there is this restaurant right by where we lived it look like a dive but the food was really good. The chef we found out it was actually trained in Greek and Middle Eastern cooking. He like us because we would order strange stuff like jalapeno pizza and suffer through it. So one day we sit down in the chef Dave sidles into the booth and says "hey look what I just got" , pulls open his shirt and lo and behold he just got a nipple ring. I dubbed him Dave the Human Hand Grenade.

I can't look at a picture of some tatted up skank with a nipple ring without hoping someone will give her a cheap dicking, pull the pin and run before she explodes
Back in the '80s, I was hanging out in a bar and some dillweed was being a pain-in-the-ass. He was pretty easy to blow off, but a couple of days later, Im telling the story to a buddy of mine whos a bouncer elsewhere. When I describe the dillweed as having chain from his pierced ear to his nose piercing to his lip piercing, my bouncer-buddy asks, "Didn't you just want to grab the chain and yank?" Ever since then, I cant see a piercing without wondering what would happen if I yanked on it.

Southern

Post by Southern »

franc wrote:
Mykeru wrote: And here I am back on Tapatalk. Well worth it to make sure we can keep hotlinking to mid-aughts photos of some fucking tatted up psycho skank.

Thanks, kids.

It's a tattooed chick with a bald pussy that I'd take home too at 6am when we got kicked out of the early opener pubs. BFD. I am quite disgusting enough as it is without this idiot reposting. I prefer to be hated for what I say than what pics I unearth thank you very much.[/quote]

Franc came back to the Pit a day ago and already is responsible for more pain and disgusting imagery and PTSD and panic attacks than anyone else in one whole year. Damn you, you crazy Russkie-with-Aussie-accent! Damn you to Hell!

TBH: it's just a so-so tatooed naked chick with a disgusting personality. I, however, appreciated that you didn't post the big NSFW in the thread. You tried, sir.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

On Richard Dawkins tweet. I find it hard to reconcile that the same person who talks about "we are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones" wouldn't extend this luck and a basic appreciation for life to disabled people. Anyway I know he was just responding to a question but I think his answer sucks. Anyway IMO twitter is toxic trash. T^3

I'm still mulling over what SJWdom means. Thanks for the responses.

franc

Post by franc »

Southern wrote:Franc came back to the Pit a day ago and already is responsible for more pain and disgusting imagery and PTSD and panic attacks than anyone else in one whole year. Damn you, you crazy Russkie-with-Aussie-accent! Damn you to Hell!

TBH: it's just a so-so tatooed naked chick with a disgusting personality. I, however, appreciated that you didn't post the big NSFW in the thread. You tried, sir.
I sometimes wonder who the baboons are.