Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
RebeccaBradley

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by RebeccaBradley »

Guest wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: RebeccaBradley, I'll be the chill girl with an attitude. If you think that might not be specific enough to locate each other at TAM, let me know how you want to communicate. :)
I'll be one of the chill girls hanging out at the Skeptic Ink table. Will also be meeting up with Justin at some point. I am actually registered on the Pit, but lost my pw ages ago - if I can find it, we can pm here. Otherwise, if you're on FB, you could friend me there. :)
Er, for "Guest", read "RebeccaBradley."

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

RebeccaBradley wrote:
Guest wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: RebeccaBradley, I'll be the chill girl with an attitude. If you think that might not be specific enough to locate each other at TAM, let me know how you want to communicate. :)
I'll be one of the chill girls hanging out at the Skeptic Ink table. Will also be meeting up with Justin at some point. I am actually registered on the Pit, but lost my pw ages ago - if I can find it, we can pm here. Otherwise, if you're on FB, you could friend me there. :)
Er, for "Guest", read "RebeccaBradley."
Looking forward to meeting you. Over & out.

didymos

Post by didymos »

So Natalie Reed was still Twitter fighting today, this time with Laurie Penny. Natalie, you goddamn idiot, turn off the computer. Or at least find something better to do than witter on Twitter. And, voila! Like magic you no longer have to deal with all those people being so mean.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Looks like the SJW set found a new target to pounce on

The apology letter sounded pretty good to me. But I am not trans, so may be missing something. But some of the commenters seem to feel if CIS women or girls feel uncomfortable in a dressing room with trans women that appear to be men to them...then that is their problem, and fuck them

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

HoneyWagon wrote:Looks like the SJW set found a new target to pounce on

The apology letter sounded pretty good to me. But I am not trans, so may be missing something. But some of the commenters seem to feel if CIS women or girls feel uncomfortable in a dressing room with trans women that appear to be men to them...then that is their problem, and fuck them
Maybe the simplest thing to do is to relabel all of the public washrooms with images of either a penis or a vagina, and oblige people to use the one that matches their own "equipment" - which of course some 98% of the population already do .... apparently in any case ....

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

The apology was a typical business apology and quite sufficient for any infraction.

What's funny is the petticoat fair organization is essentially being penalized by teh trans* for too rigidly adhering to what actual SJW feminists believe:
".. those who might be or who outwardly appear to be men ...can pose a safety risk to the Petticoat Fair staff".
I don't agree with this statement, but they did apologize in what I thought was a rather profuse manner. No doubt what they decided was "insufficient" about the apology was in the closing. Namely, the person apologizing is a man. :snooty:

Nothing enrages the SJL quite like an apology. It validates their ridiculous outrage tantrum and legitimizes their insane overreactions. Now validated, they continue their crusade, pushing for more more more. More apologies, better apologies, bow down into the fucking dirt and kiss our asses because how DARE you do or say something we didn't like!

That's why the only proper response to the SJL's faux-outraged hysterical temper tantrum flailing is:

[youtube]II1Q806wMR8[/youtube]

James Caruthers

Steersman wrote: Maybe the simplest thing to do is to relabel all of the public washrooms with images of either a penis or a vagina, and oblige people to use the one that matches their own "equipment" - which of course some 98% of the population already do .... apparently in any case ....
WRONG!

What about people who identify as transcock? What about people who have both penis and vagina? What about people who have neither?

URRRGHGH YOU PRIVILEGED SHITLORD HOW DARE YOU OPPRESS US WITH YOUR GENDER BINARY HETERO-PATRIARCHAL SOCIALLY-CONSTRUCTED CISHET SCUMLORD BATHROOMS! Don't you know that we proud herms deal with oppression every day of our lives? How dare you invalidate my life with your trans-erasionary dualistic binary!

Doesn't matter what you do, a SJW will always complain.

Proper response, repeat after me:

[youtube]bPWVq6MwW4E[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

James Caruthers wrote:
Steersman wrote: Maybe the simplest thing to do is to relabel all of the public washrooms with images of either a penis or a vagina, and oblige people to use the one that matches their own "equipment" - which of course some 98% of the population already do .... apparently in any case ....
WRONG!

What about people who identify as transcock? What about people who have both penis and vagina? What about people who have neither?

URRRGHGH YOU PRIVILEGED SHITLORD HOW DARE YOU OPPRESS US WITH YOUR GENDER BINARY HETERO-PATRIARCHAL SOCIALLY-CONSTRUCTED CISHET SCUMLORD BATHROOMS! ....

Doesn't matter what you do, a SJW will always complain.

Proper response, repeat after me:

[.youtube]bPWVq6MwW4E[/youtube]
:-) Can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. But you ain’t gonna ever please any SJW at any time ….

Though they do sort of give some indication of having their hearts in the right places; unfortunately though more than a few seem to have allowed their dogmata - or maybe just their peevishness - to get the better of their rationality ....

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Southern wrote:(Such a shame. I really wanted to love this game - it has Frederick Chopin kicking the living shit out of monsters using a baton, for fuck's sake. Unfortunately, it is a completely mediocre JRPG, the only saving grace is the music, of course)
Fucking hate that game, won't let it be played in the house while I'm home.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

HoneyWagon wrote:The apology letter sounded pretty good to me. But I am not trans, so may be missing something. But some of the commenters seem to feel if CIS women or girls feel uncomfortable in a dressing room with trans women that appear to be men to them...then that is their problem, and fuck them
I agree with the people who are like fuck 'em if they're uncomfortable. Just use the fucking changeroom that most applies to you and stop looking at the other fucking people who are using it.

Seriously.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

James Caruthers wrote:

The apology was a typical business apology and quite sufficient for any infraction.

What's funny is the petticoat fair organization is essentially being penalized by teh trans* for too rigidly adhering to what actual SJW feminists believe:
".. those who might be or who outwardly appear to be men ...can pose a safety risk to the Petticoat Fair staff".
I don't agree with this statement, but they did apologize in what I thought was a rather profuse manner. No doubt what they decided was "insufficient" about the apology was in the closing. Namely, the person apologizing is a man. :snooty:

Nothing enrages the SJL quite like an apology. It validates their ridiculous outrage tantrum and legitimizes their insane overreactions. Now validated, they continue their crusade, pushing for more more more. More apologies, better apologies, bow down into the fucking dirt and kiss our asses because how DARE you do or say something we didn't like!

That's why the only proper response to the SJL's faux-outraged hysterical temper tantrum flailing is:

[.youtube]II1Q806wMR8[/youtube]
Two suggestions for those who are so upset with this store & its management & staff:

(a) Provide specific, polite, actionable, useful feedback to Petticoat Junction on steps their management & staff could take to help address the concerns voiced while still maintaining an atmosphere in which 99% of their customers continue to feel safe & welcome;

(b) Open your own store and operate it in the manner you think will best suit the community you wish to serve as your customers.

I know this short list is completely laughable - each would Take Effort, and also what's the point of an option that doesn't include Voicing Outrage??

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Steersman wrote: Though they do sort of give some indication of having their hearts in the right places; unfortunately though more than a few seem to have allowed their dogmata - or maybe just their peevishness - to get the better of their rationality ....
I think it's a bit easy to forgive people based on "their hearts are in the right place."

I'm sure Anders Breivek thought he was protecting his country from evil influences, much like Osama Bin Laden thought he was attempting to rid Islam of a dangerous corruption, much like Hitler was only trying to save Germany and the world from the pernicious influence of the Jewish people. At the heart of it they all thought they were heroes.

Thing is, when aggression is your first tactic, you're the problem, no matter what ideology you subscribe to and that is the real issue. The issue is not belief, the issue is the obnoxious behaviour of some humans who use their ideology as a rationale to absolve them of being utter shits.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Richard Dworkins wrote:
Steersman wrote: Though they do sort of give some indication of having their hearts in the right places; unfortunately though more than a few seem to have allowed their dogmata - or maybe just their peevishness - to get the better of their rationality ....
I think it's a bit easy to forgive people based on "their hearts are in the right place."

I'm sure Anders Breivek thought he was protecting his country from evil influences, much like Osama Bin Laden thought he was attempting to rid Islam of a dangerous corruption, much like Hitler was only trying to save Germany and the world from the pernicious influence of the Jewish people. At the heart of it they all thought they were heroes.

Thing is, when aggression is your first tactic, you're the problem, no matter what ideology you subscribe to and that is the real issue. The issue is not belief, the issue is the obnoxious behaviour of some humans who use their ideology as a rationale to absolve them of being utter shits.
One man's freedom fighter ...

James Caruthers

http://38.media.tumblr.com/953810c74a0d ... 1_1280.jpg

Sadly, this is completely true. My Tolkien university experience was like this.

James Caruthers

Remember to right click view image and magnify.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

James:
Yeah. Comic was amusing. Notice the author didn't mention "homosexuals".

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:

Maybe the simplest thing to do is to relabel all of the public washrooms with images of either a penis or a vagina, and oblige people to use the one that matches their own "equipment" - which of course some 98% of the population already do .... apparently in any case ....
Speaking from experience, adding gender neutral bathrooms with a couple of baby change tables and wheelchair accessible stalls would would be a benefit.

*shrug*

It would beat the heck out of having to change a diaper on a bench in a mall. Not to mention taking a three year old girl to the bathroom would have been a lot less problematic, not to mention awkward because I sure as hell was not taking her into the men's room.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Fascinating and yet oh so harmful at the same time. But ... wait ... it goes against the narrative!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

rayshul wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:The apology letter sounded pretty good to me. But I am not trans, so may be missing something. But some of the commenters seem to feel if CIS women or girls feel uncomfortable in a dressing room with trans women that appear to be men to them...then that is their problem, and fuck them
I agree with the people who are like fuck 'em if they're uncomfortable. Just use the fucking changeroom that most applies to you and stop looking at the other fucking people who are using it.

Seriously.
In general I agree with you but I have read about examples that push the boundary on this one.
About a year ago Melody Hensley was involved in a twitter-row with the comedienne Roseanne Barre over one story that involved this issue.
Apparently there was a case where some pre-op transexual was using the communal womens changing room at a swimming pool. This was one of those changing rooms where there wasn't individual stalls but long benches and people got changed in front of each other.
The argument involved a mother complaining about her daughters getting confused and scared about a pre-op M2F transexual in the changing room.
There was one exacerbating factor in the story, which was that the transexual was known to be an exhibitionist/provocateur and apparently she was doing things like making sure she was completely naked in view of others and walking naked around the changing room, apparently to test peoples reactions.
The information that she was an exhibitionist/provocateur came from other transexuals that knew her - and who were embarrassed by her behavior as reflecting on all transexuals.

To me this seems different from a situation where someone is simply using a changing room to change clothes.
It seems closer to being a political act.
The person was saying 'I am a woman with a physically male body, deal with it!'
- or rather, 'I make look exactly like a man to you but I am a woman, deal with it!'

I can imagine that a similar scenario with a physically female person behaving the same way in a mens changing room would lead most men there to conclude that the person was mentally ill.

The women's changing room situation is also different in terms of worries about assault.
Although women are not entirely innocent in this regard it is certainly the case that the major factor that increases the risk of sexual assault is the presence of men.
This doesn't mean that all men are a risk - simply that a small percentage of men are sociopathic abusers and if you restrict the number of men in total, you'll cut down on the chances that the sociopathic individual will be present. Although you do get some women who are similarly sociopathic abusers, the numbers (at least the numbers who perpetrate random sexual assaults on young girls) are much lower.
Hence, the easiest way to lower the risk of sexual abuse/assault/rape against young girls is to restrict the presence of men.

Of course, you could argue that transwomen are not men - they are women.
But if they are physically 'male' then the risk of rape and other assaults is still real.
I am not suggesting that transwomen sexually assault women any more than cis men do but I don't see any evidence that they sexually assault others less frequently (and I know they are themselves frequently victims of sexual violence.)
Also, their status as women has no bearing on their sexual orientation.

Overall it's a complicated issue and I see no reason to bar transwomen who understand that they need to be discrete in changing rooms where there are children present (because children are ignorant of these issues and will be confused and frightened - particularly when the number one thing that parents tell their kids to keep safe is to keep away from strange men - and that's exactly what this particular transwoman would have appeared like in that dressing room.)

It was interesting to see that several transwomen took exactly this view (and the fact that Roseanne Barr agreed with them was the spark that set Hensley off on a mini crusade against Roseanne.)

It is unfortunate that we have these issues regarding nudity in modern society but unless society changes to a mixed dressing room friendly culture (images of Starship Troopers :shock: ) then it is simply asking too much to expect this kind of behavior to not cause problems.

greylurker

Post by greylurker »

Steersman wrote: <snip>
Nothing new under the sun, aboard a certain suction dredger...
DSC01520Z.jpg
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
DSC01525Z.jpg
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Problem solved!

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

James Caruthers wrote:Sadly, this is completely true. My Tolkien university experience was like this.
You went to Tolkien University? Was this straight from Hogwarts, or did you have a gap year?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Darth Cynic wrote:Regards the seemingly greater prevalence of trans presenting persons than we might have expected. Well we have otherkin and as far as I am concerned those folks are delusional, unicorns, elves and what not do not exist; nor can nebula or anime characters be "born" in human form. Clearly it is all in their head and they have issues to be worked through, not facilitated. So I wonder how many alleged trans persons might be of a similar type, claim to be such for special flower status but not be what they claim. Though that Reed characters recently articulated desire seems to suggest that mere trans is no longer sufficient, now you need both genitalia to be the specialest flower there ever was. Alas no amount of appendages will ever make up for that person being a deeply unpleasant individual who has the bare faced cheek to whinge about all the terrible things being cast their way.
When I was in the military I ran into an "otherkin" type (he was an elf). He disappeared for a while. Then a couple of months later, he came back with the diagnosis of hebephrenia (a subtype of schizophrenia) and was discharged. So when I see the 'otherkin' claims I don't think 'weird' or 'charming;' I think "schizophrenia" or some other related mental illness like schizoaffective disorder where these kinds of fantasy ideas (delusions) become fixed despite evidence to the contrary.

With the Gender Dysphorics... I less sure if they're nuts are not. But having seen one go MtF then back to male a few years later without fixing his problems with identity... And noticing that the population has a lot of depression/anxiety/identity issues that remain afterwards... All despite the work of the screening psychologists who have to be well convinced that transitions are worthwhile and appropriate... I worry there might be too much "PC" and 'validation' in the process out of the 'good intentions' of the clinicians.

Oh I dunno Reed, perhaps if you weren't a raging fucking bigot you might not stir up so much animosity?
I wonder how they never understand that the majority of their 'trolls' are regular people who are highly offended at being constantly insulted and don't care for the bigotry and personal attacks? Kind of like my wife says, 'if your head hurts from pounding it against the wall, don't yell at the wall, stop what you're doing." Yet they never stop or even stop to wonder why...
As for the clown show, you think that they couldn't get any more balls to the wall insane, then Dawkins makes a simple Tweet; the nerve of the blaggard thinking he can Tweet on his personal account. The reaction by the braying donkey squad to Dawkins' innocuous Tweet is nothing short of astounding. Their rush to take umbrage* over an imaginary slight, calls to fire him and the running down of Dawkins' choices merely because he, the suppressed person, chose them; never mind that apparently now your personal preferences must reflect exact gender, ethnic and identity equality. How jaded and mired in ones own zealous horseshit must one get to start denigrating Shakespeare or Schubert just because Dawkins personally finds them exemplars of a craft or transparently use it as a springboard for sanctimonious bleating? But the we're not the audience, the faithful devoted - gobshites to everyone else - of FfTB are and they need their fix of outrage lest they slink off elsewhere for the goods.
Thing is, most of them would have to look up the 'appropriate' people to put on their list unless they've memorized it for talking point purposes.
Oh and that Ogvorbis thing, if he said the sky was blue I would have to look out the window first. Whether a long game troll or just another broken twit, I don't believe word of it.
Pretty much. In fact, I wonder about his mental health. The way he talks about himself and his emotional affect. He really seems like yet another crazy fucker. Though I can't discount the 'long-troll.'

James Caruthers

real horrorshow wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Sadly, this is completely true. My Tolkien university experience was like this.
You went to Tolkien University? Was this straight from Hogwarts, or did you have a gap year?
The barrow-wights were a bitch on grading.

Nah but seriously, I had to take some lit courses. I had this one professor I really liked (5-foot straight-talking serious literary scholar from the Bronx) and I took her course on Tolkien.

I came away from the class with an overall positive experience, but some of the students were SJWs and the discussion on Tolkien and gender got seriously derailed in retarded ways when they started sperging about "Tolkien and men like him are the reason we live in a rape culture" and "Men like Tolkien are why I live in fear and have to carry mace everywhere."

No joke.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote: So when I see the 'otherkin' claims I don't think 'weird' or 'charming;' I think "schizophrenia" or some other related mental illness like schizoaffective disorder where these kinds of fantasy ideas (delusions) become fixed despite evidence to the contrary.
Aww, you just raped Robokitty's lived experience.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote:
I wonder how they never understand that the majority of their 'trolls' are regular people who are highly offended at being constantly insulted and don't care for the bigotry and personal attacks?
Oh, I'm pretty sure most of them get it. But they have to call everyone trolls or haters, otherwise they'd have to admit that they're unfairly smearing large swaths of the human race.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

Skep tickle wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Two suggestions for those who are so upset with this store & its management & staff:

(a) Provide specific, polite, actionable, useful feedback to Petticoat Junction on steps their management & staff could take to help address the concerns voiced while still maintaining an atmosphere in which 99% of their customers continue to feel safe & welcome;

(b) Open your own store and operate it in the manner you think will best suit the community you wish to serve as your customers.

I know this short list is completely laughable - each would Take Effort, and also what's the point of an option that doesn't include Voicing Outrage??
Personally I don't think the shop has done anything wrong. The staff were unsure how to proceed and chose to err on safety as I would have. Do SJWs think they can eliminate all awkward situations. To apologising to these fucknuts concedes the point that there was something to apologise for. I would have stuck 2 fingers up at them and told them to go fuck themselve. That being said, I'm not trying to run a business

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Caruthers wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:

Nah but seriously, I had to take some lit courses. I had this one professor I really liked (5-foot straight-talking serious literary scholar from the Bronx) and I took her course on Tolkien.

I came away from the class with an overall positive experience, but some of the students were SJWs and the discussion on Tolkien and gender got seriously derailed in retarded ways when they started sperging about "Tolkien and men like him are the reason we live in a rape culture" and "Men like Tolkien are why I live in fear and have to carry mace everywhere."

No joke.
I've heard the "Dwarfs are Jews" and "Tolkien was a racist" arguments before. The funny thing is that Tolkien mocked and schooled a German publisher that asked if he was "Arisch":
J.R.R. Tolkien wrote:Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

I trust you will find this reply satisfactory, and

remain yours faithfully,

J. R. R. Tolkien
But hey, fuck the author's actual views, you know? Death of the author, bitches. If you think that an author is scum and he's white and male, he's scum. Tolkien is racist because he writes about evil black people, C.S. Lewis is racist and Islamophobic because the bad guys look like Arabs, G.K. Chesterton is a racist shitlord of epic proportions who thinks that PoCs kill people with vodoo, Shakespeare is a disgusting misogynist as seen in The Taming of the Shrew, Agatha Christie is racist (Ten Little "Indians") and a sister punisher (her only female detective is a sex negative bigoted old lady), etc. etc.

The entire white race is racist and must be erased. All men are potential rapists, misogynistic shitlords and must killed or castrated. All cis people are scum and must die. All neurotypical people think that neuroatypical people are dangerous, and for that we'll execute them. All rich people will be robbed of their riches and shot. And then, finally, there'll be some peace for the neuroatypical trans gay poor otherkins. But not for the white ones. Only for the real chosen ones.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Hi all!

I just got back from a week at the hospital. I'm going to try and catch up, but if anyone wishes to give me a digest, I'll skip most of what I've missed.

Good to be back!

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Phil:
Eucli got banned, again, on FT-LSiL's advice
Someone made an ass of themselves on twitter.
More people made asses of themselves on twitter.
I made an ass of myself on twitter.
Even more people made asses of themselves on twitter.
Skep is going to TAM, along with another two people (Mr. Justin Vacula, and Mz. Rebecca Bradley)

That should about sum it up.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

James Caruthers wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:

No joke.
We did that in High School -- Tolkien taken for credit as English Literature. When I transferred High Schools they were completely confused to what the course was on my transcripts being that it was long before Tolkien became the big thing he now thanks to all the movies.

Back then the eight of us that took the class were the only ones who knew who the fuck Tolkien was. Heck even the teacher hadn't read the books and he didn't 'teach' us anything so it was all 'self-study.' We had a blast though, we did newsletters, wrote a play (it kind of sucked for being HS pretentious), read The Simarillion which had just come out (1977) and picked-apart its inconsistencies. We also went though some of his lesser known works, like Farmer Giles of Ham and The Smith of Wootten Major.

Was the best and most productive (from my work output) class I had in High School. Thank God we didn't have social justice warriors trying to ruin it for us.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

A lot of this otherkin nonsense is based in the woo, that the person inhabits the meat suit, rather than the person is a fucking meat suit.

I'm a rabbit trapped in a human body! No, you're not. You are a human, a human with some very abnormal brain chemistry. Doesn't matter of course in a civilisation as advanced as ours, if you want to be a rabbit, until your delusions start negatively and directly impacting others around you. Then you get sectioned. Or when you start demanding civilisation bend, change, build human size rabbit hutches alongside conventional housing in the name of equality and respect. Then Mr Rabbit the appropriate societal response is "fuck off you daft twat".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I now identify as a Robocopotherkin:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... adc9be.jpg

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Skep tickle wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:

Not only that, but each of those would be a constructive and rational approach to a problem. IMO the thing that makes these people so irritating is the fact that they don't ever actually produce anything of value or make systematic attempts to improve anything. Sarkeesian doesn't want better video games; she doesn't care because she doesn't play them. She wants to fight video games because Oh NOES they haz teh patriarchy! PZ doesn't want to improve skepticism, he wants to destroy it because OH NOES UNORTHODOXY!! Same with these assholes. I'd be surprised if most of the outrage brigade here were either trans, or wearers of petticoats. They probably just want a witch to burn so that they can feel like their internet comments won a battle against "oppression".

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I now identify as a Robocopotherkin:

Why are you in a halo?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

GTA Producer to Buy Church for Edinburgh Community
The producer of the games so often derided for eroding morals secures a community center for his city.
by Emanuel Maiberg on June 29, 2014

President of Grand Theft Auto developer Rockstar North Leslie Benzies will buy Edinburgh’s St. Stephen’s Church to save it for the community, the Edinburgh Evening News reports.

A spokesperson for Benzies said that the church, which is believed to cost well over £500,000, is “an entirely philanthropic purchase” to preserve St. Stephen’s and keep it open to community use.

Dating back to the 1820s, the church has an 800-capacity venue that hosts live music, dance, and theater performances, and has been used as a local community center for the past two decades.

Benzies, a Scotland native, has lived in Edinburgh for more than a decade, where Rockstar North has developed every Grand Theft Auto game since Grand Theft Auto III.

According to the Edinburgh Evening News, Benzies’ undisclosed bid for the church beat more than 50 potential buyers who intended to turn it into private apartments or businesses.

Benzies’ spokesperson said that he recognized the building’s importance to the community. “My client looks forward to completing the sale imminently to secure the plans for the church’s ongoing use. We will engage with the community as the plans progress and look forward to welcoming local residents and groups back to the center in the very near future.”
Which is probably more than all the fucking SJWs combined efforts have ever done.

Richard Dworkins

I'm of the opinion that a lot of "otherkin" are actually just a youth subculture. It's a form of expression to make them feel special and individual, much like all those kids wearing black and listening to The Cure and Bauhaus, the Mission and such bands were "individuals"; a kind of safe populist fashion fanaticism for adolescents to where as they experiment with their own identity outside of parental and authoritorial influence. Obviously most grow out of such fancies but many don't. There is nothing as tragic as a man or woman in their late fifties still trying to be a "Goth" (or punk or raver etc) and so the same applies to most of these adolescent subcultures that the socially retarded refuse to abandon as they move into adulthood.

They lack any real development of a personality, they are stuck. Whether that is because of actual mental retardation or a social tolerance of adults acting like children, or both is hard to tell.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

You are Iron Man! \m/

Southern

Post by Southern »

Richard Dworkins wrote:I'm of the opinion that a lot of "otherkin" are actually just a youth subculture. It's a form of expression to make them feel special and individual, much like all those kids wearing black and listening to The Cure and Bauhaus, the Mission and such bands were "individuals"; a kind of safe populist fashion fanaticism for adolescents to where as they experiment with their own identity outside of parental and authoritorial influence. Obviously most grow out of such fancies but many don't. There is nothing as tragic as a man or woman in their late fifties still trying to be a "Goth" (or punk or raver etc) and so the same applies to most of these adolescent subcultures that the socially retarded refuse to abandon as they move into adulthood.

They lack any real development of a personality, they are stuck. Whether that is because of actual mental retardation or a social tolerance of adults acting like children, or both is hard to tell.
Or, i other words: fucking hipsters.

[youtube]FlzZhGr8G9w[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

didymos wrote:Oh, BTW, I found this old thread where the Horde went into full-on rape-apology mode for Oggie, starting here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-686346

It's chock full of crazy and saccharine sentimentality, in equal measure. Of course, now they all pretend that what they were all talking quite plainly about back then is just some slymer meme.
In case any of that gets memory holed: https://web.archive.org/web/20130908101 ... nt-page-2/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote:
Check your email.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Tribble wrote:
GTA Producer to Buy Church for Edinburgh Community
The producer of the games so often derided for eroding morals secures a community center for his city.
by Emanuel Maiberg on June 29, 2014

President of Grand Theft Auto developer Rockstar North Leslie Benzies will buy Edinburgh’s St. Stephen’s Church to save it for the community, the Edinburgh Evening News reports.

A spokesperson for Benzies said that the church, which is believed to cost well over £500,000, is “an entirely philanthropic purchase” to preserve St. Stephen’s and keep it open to community use.

Dating back to the 1820s, the church has an 800-capacity venue that hosts live music, dance, and theater performances, and has been used as a local community center for the past two decades.

Benzies, a Scotland native, has lived in Edinburgh for more than a decade, where Rockstar North has developed every Grand Theft Auto game since Grand Theft Auto III.

According to the Edinburgh Evening News, Benzies’ undisclosed bid for the church beat more than 50 potential buyers who intended to turn it into private apartments or businesses.

Benzies’ spokesperson said that he recognized the building’s importance to the community. “My client looks forward to completing the sale imminently to secure the plans for the church’s ongoing use. We will engage with the community as the plans progress and look forward to welcoming local residents and groups back to the center in the very near future.”
Which is probably more than all the fucking SJWs combined efforts have ever done.
He probably just wants a city-centre base for his prostitute murdering expeditions.

Richard Dworkins

Rolf Harris found guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault on kids. None of which were (two) little boys.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Well someone won't be licking himself tonight. I guess the SJW feminists finally caught up to you.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

RebeccaBradley wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Anyone going to TAM this year? (Besides Justin - I know he's going.) Feel free to PM me if you are, & would be interested in crossing paths there.
I'll be there, and will be happy to meet up and hoist a few - beers, I mean.
Hope you're both carrying tasers to ward of the rapists.

Cunt of Personality

Richard Dworkins wrote:Rolf Harris found guilty of 12 counts of indecent assault on kids. None of which were (two) little boys.
I'm writing to the BBC to demand that my name be removed from their records of membership of "Rolf's Cartoon Club" and that they refund my membership fee.

If it next turns out that Tufty was only in the road-safety business to get close to kids, then that will be the fucking end of it for me.

katamari Damassi

RebeccaBradley wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Anyone going to TAM this year? (Besides Justin - I know he's going.) Feel free to PM me if you are, & would be interested in crossing paths there.
I'll be there, and will be happy to meet up and hoist a few - beers, I mean.
Hope you're both carrying tasers to ward of the rapists.

katamari Damassi

Sorry about the double post. Phone glitch.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Ironing board accident?

katamari Damassi

James Caruthers wrote:

[youtube]II1Q806wMR8[/youtube]
QFT
An apology to an SJW is like blood in the water to a shark. I don't know if I've ever seen an SJW simply accept an apology. It's always a "notpology" or a "fauxpology".
Admittedly, those "sorry if anyone was offended" apologies are pretty lame, but they treat even sincere sounding apologies with contempt.

welch

Post by welch »

didymos wrote:So Natalie Reed was still Twitter fighting today, this time with Laurie Penny. Natalie, you goddamn idiot, turn off the computer. Or at least find something better to do than witter on Twitter. And, voila! Like magic you no longer have to deal with all those people being so mean.
"She tasks me.

She tasks me, and I shall have her."

They clearly misunderstood the point of that movie.

Cunt of Personality

JayTeeAitch wrote:

Ironing board accident?
This is the quip that I was searching for but failed to find. Get out of my mind.

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:

Seriously.
I almost sort of understand it, but yeah, seriously, fuck off on that one. If the worst problem you face in life is surprise dong or vagoo in the same room as you, stop complaining. Are they waving it in your face? Are them making you notice? Are they making a big fucking deal about it?

No? They're just changing their clothes and minding their own business?

STFU then. Shit.

welch

Post by welch »

Richard Dworkins wrote:

The thing that makes evil scary is that it always thinks it's doing good.

welch

Post by welch »

James Caruthers wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:

No joke.
Who had the biggest bruise from the headdesk, you or the prof?

welch

Post by welch »

Opyt wrote:Phil:
Skep is going to TAM, along with another two people (Mr. Justin Vacula, and Mz. Rebecca Bradley)

I'm still a cunt.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

welch wrote:

I'm still a cunt.
Mentions for the evil slymepit on Svan's (linking to Ape+Lusts pic of her munching some turds) and Adam Lees site (linking back to Svan's, of course.)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

welch wrote:

I'm still a cunt.
Oh, ok. So nothing special, then?

Anyway, my new looks are courtesy of a trampoline accident. Yep! I broke C2 and damaged C3. Doctors say I was less than a millimeter away from death (they call C2 the Hanged Man's vertebrae). Anyway, I spent the week at the hospital, getting metal bars driven into my skull so they could attach weights to keep my spine straight until surgery. They operated on Wednesday, getting to the spot via the front right part of my throat, and soldered C2 and C3 with a titanium plate, using a bone graft from my iliac crest (that's the part that still hurts the most). it was my first time under general anesthesia, and although I was a bit apprehensive, all went well. Now I have to wear Robocop's Sunday Dress 24/7 for the next 3 months, lest I die while moving too much in my sleep. So it's goodbye skydiving and other fun physical activities for me. I'm not sure it's hit me yet.

John D

Post by John D »

The SCOTUS just ruled that businesses can deny birth control coverage in their health insurance plans for religious reasons. I am kind of "meh" about the whole topic. If you wanna fuck then maybe you should buy your own bc. Years ago it was common for health plans to not covered bc.

Just my feeling I guess.

I do think this will mobilize more women to vote Democrat however. The "war on women" rages on and the Reps are losing votes big time.

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
welch wrote:

I'm still a cunt.
Oh, ok. So nothing special, then?

Anyway, my new looks are courtesy of a trampoline accident. Yep! I broke C2 and damaged C3. Doctors say I was less than a millimeter away from death (they call C2 the Hanged Man's vertebrae). Anyway, I spent the week at the hospital, getting metal bars driven into my skull so they could attach weights to keep my spine straight until surgery. They operated on Wednesday, getting to the spot via the front right part of my throat, and soldered C2 and C3 with a titanium plate, using a bone graft from my iliac crest (that's the part that still hurts the most). it was my first time under general anesthesia, and although I was a bit apprehensive, all went well. Now I have to wear Robocop's Sunday Dress 24/7 for the next 3 months, lest I die while moving too much in my sleep. So it's goodbye skydiving and other fun physical activities for me. I'm not sure it's hit me yet.
Shit.... hope you get better soon. I hate fucking trampolines. Every time I see one of the "Real Home Video" shows with a trampoline accident I cringe. This shit is not funny. Dropping people on their head from a height of 15 feet is really really bad!