Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
paddybrown

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by paddybrown »

Opyt wrote:That's already been answered:
From this video:
If they're too drunk to drive, they're too drunk to give consent. Period. Getting sexual with someone who's wasted, slurring their words, their body's limp, they can't communicate clearly, maybe they're throwing up? That's absolutely sexual assault.
Christ, kid, I don't know what the drunk driving laws are like where you live, but if you have to be wasted, slurring your words, your body's limp, you can't communicate clearly and you're throwing up before you're too drunk to drive, then the roads must be fucking carnage.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Saying something like " if I was going to bounce on my financial obligations to individuals, I'd be more humble about it" is pretty rage inducing in me. People who are struggling financially are told NON STOP how to behave. We need to work harder, we need to be smarter, we need to be nicer, we need to have humility, we need to have good work ethic, we need to have a positive attitude."
How dare people explain me how to find a job! The FIENDS!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Is #yesallcats dead yet?

#yesallcats Because it wasn't Doggy Genovese was it? Motherfuckers.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Okay... I'm in the middle of a discussion with a LARP friend about feminism. I'm trying, subtly, to make her realize she just got on the US-based feminism band-wagon (she would never have spouted such bullshit before those last few years).

Fun afternoon in perspective...

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

paddy:
That's part of the hilarity involved in dealing with Laci. If you can get past her being a squeaker.

Hunt:
I dunno, it seems to have run out of steam. I think the hilarity wore off a few days ago, it's been more or less the same tweets. It was certainly fun while it lasted, but I don't think it's going to work. I partially blame a lack of passion and creativity, but also blame the "#YesAllWomen" feminists that can't allow anyone to have fun without them. Just need another SJW to say something contentious so that we'll have something new to target with satire.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Holy crap! Ally Fogg just slammed feminists hard for their bullshit statistics!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/hetpat/2014 ... reactions/
Speaking of feminist innumeracy, I think Amanda Marcotte's stunner on Slate a couple of weeks ago escaped the 'Pit's notice. On May 16, they published an article by her with the headline 'Why Women Don't Go to the Doctor as Often as Men' containing the text 'Women are less, not more, likely to go to the doctor than men'.

http://web.archive.org/web/201405171242 ... ation.html

Her evidence? A study that showed women claimed they were delaying medical care marginally more often than men. Of course, even if true, this in no way implies men go to the doctor more often than women. In fact, there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary. The discrepancy can easily be explained by assuming women think they need to seek medical care more often than men (perhaps justifiably, perhaps not) but can't do it as often as they like, but still far more than men.
Strange, because it's been well established for study-after-study, decade-after-decade that women go more often.

So, maybe women delay the treatments more than men for whatever reasons.

But men, frequently, just ignore the problem until it's a major problem and they frequently don't have their first post-pediatrician doctor's visit until they're in their 40s. And many times it's when they're on a stretcher because they've really ignored some important warning signs.

But somehow I suspect the men's issue of "I'll ignore if it doesn't put me in the hospital" wasn't factored it. Which, btw, is one of the reasons men tend to die of the Top-15 medical conditions more frequently/earlier than women and, consequently, have a shorter life-expectancy than women.

So, after five days of table thumping denunciation by Slate's commenters, who seem to have Marcotte's number, they reworded the article by removing Marcotte's brain dead deduction. Here's its current state:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... ation.html

And the correction they put at the end of an article:
Correction, May 21, 2014: Due to an editing error, this post originally implied in the text and in a headline that women go to the doctor less often than men do. The report this post is based on actually states that women face more obstacles getting to the doctor than men do and therefore are more likely to put off seeing their health care professionals than men are.
Do they honestly expect us to believe that an editor changed Marcotte's original text? This is a flagrant lie just to let Marcotte save face. And Slate considers itself to be a serious journalistic enterprise!
I'm not terribly surprised. I just wish places like Slate and Raw Story would stop giving her a space.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Hunt:
Although, to be fair it more than parodies the Feminism lines that are seen so often. As Feminists will continue on and on about "Rape Culture", "Misogyny" and "Patriarchy". After awhile Feminism has devoured itself so completely that it regurgitates the same lines over and over as well.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Opyt wrote:So, Dave, would that be
#YesAllMeese, #YesAllMooses, or #YesAllMoose?

The tragic tale of a moose and a classroom window.
Well actually, I think it would be #NotAllMooses and #YesAllWindows.

Its Misfenisigy -- All windows worry about Moose Rape. Dont shut the windows, teach the moose not to rape.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Fair point Dave, and I realized that point a few hours after posting it. Sucks to be that moose. And it must have been a slow news day for it to rate being reported in San Fransisco.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tapir wrote:That photo of Hensley ranks as the most unsettling I've ever seen at the pit.

My mind cannot help but imagine her head slowly rotating towards the camera, the plastic complexion, her eyes fixed like an owl.....brrrrrrr
Thanks for my first LOL of the day.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Can someone PS Melody's face onto a preying mantis? She has an insectoid vibe going on in that photo...

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Tapir wrote:That photo of Hensley ranks as the most unsettling I've ever seen at the pit.

My mind cannot help but imagine her head slowly rotating towards the camera, the plastic complexion, her eyes fixed like an owl.....brrrrrrr
BOO!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoC21LvCUAEc3RF.jpg:large
The day a massive coronary kills me I shall have a large picture of Hensley's face come up on the Pit.
There will be a direct correlation between the two events and the cause will be clear.
Curse you. Curse you all!!!

jugheadnaut your links will be here shortly no doubt, but may I be first to offer you a hearty 'Fuck Off!'

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tribble wrote:
I'm not terribly surprised. I just wish places like Slate and Raw Story would stop giving her a space.
Why would they? You think they exist for philanthropic purposes?

I wish people would stop reading the Yellow Press.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news, apparently Kate Millett is responsible for the Elliot Roger rampage:
n the 1970's I was alarmed to hear that my big sister, Kate Millett, who had serious mental health issues which had agonized my family and her friends for many years, was organizing a group called The Mental Patients' Project in order to claim that the psychiatric community and society were "oppressing" people and "stigmatizing them with labels such as psychotic, bi-polar, schizophrenic, borderline personalities," etc and unconstitutionally imprisoning them in hospitals thereby violating their civil rights. We, as a family, had struggled for years with Kate's issues, many times attempting to hospitalize her so she could obtain the serious help she so obviously obviously needed. She was a brutal sadist, a violent bully at whose hands everyone about her suffered. Throughout my childhood I was menaced and immeasurably traumatized, as I'm sure was Elliot Rodger’s younger sibling whom he, in fact, intended to murder.
Good thing Catharine MacKinnon was not as successful with Critical legal studies?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

James Caruthers wrote:"during the Obama years from conservatives"

Sorry 'bout that.
First version was also correct.

katamari Damassi

Lsuoma wrote:
Tribble wrote:

I gave up on Slate years ago. I tried giving Rawstory a chance but it's so terribly written and edited that I gave up on that too.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I just skim Rawstory now, to see what crazy shit various redneck idiots do to one another. But, it is not a rag to be taken seriously.

Mother Jones is alright. Basically though, my rule is just to see what people are talking about, but to take every word with a generous helping of salt.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

Jan Steen wrote:Too creepy?

http://i.imgur.com/OqAjApd.jpg
The red eyes adds a tinge of comfort for me for some reason. It's the original that gives me this vibe :
westworld.jpg
(52.04 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

It wasn't PTSD that kept her from work - she tried to parse a divide-by-zero equation and they had to re-flash her ROM back at the factory.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Beta Neckbeard wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Beta Neckbeard wrote:Bloggesses, lol
Bloggess Oblige?
From Ophy's page:

http://i.imgur.com/HjROvik.png
Ophelia wouldn't get a pun if she was standing in the middle of I-80 and the pun was taped to the front bumper of a Peterbilt doing 75.

(I had a GF who insisted on me referring to her as "my Jewess.")

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Random Lurker wrote:

The red eyes adds a tinge of comfort for me for some reason. It's the original that gives me this vibe :
The attachment westworld.jpg is no longer available

It wasn't PTSD that kept her from work - she tried to parse a divide-by-zero equation and they had to re-flash her ROM back at the factory.
Just repeat 'Everything I say is a lie!' to Melody, and watch the steam come out of her ears.
archons.png
(143.38 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tapir wrote:Thanks for the....

http://i.imgur.com/SQrUN0p.jpg

....guys.
... the levades? I don't get it.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

We might mock OB for her blogging "prowess", but this one from good olde fucken Physioproffe deserves an award:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/physioprof/ ... -blames-h/

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Why are all these identitarians so creepy-looking? PeeZus 'Meyers' Myers, Ophelia Benson, Stephanie Zvan, Oolon, Jason Thibault, Greg Laden, Melody Hensley, Laci Green, Alex Gabriel, Amanda Marcotte, ad nauseam. If I see them in the street, I'm totally crossing the street or turning around.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tribble wrote:

They didn't start that way, but they sure have evolved into that. I haven't read either in years. They've become just as idiotic as Little Green Footballs, Real Clear Politics, etc. on the right. In the past year I've given up on Lawyer's, Guns and Money last year as they're almost as bad as Myers when it comes to the delusional aspects of the gender wars. The Volokh Conspiracy jumped the shark at about the same time.

It seems to be recurring story where people who are rational, moderate and try to look at all the angles on issues (including the unpopular angles) just get pruned away until it's only the TrueBelievers of The Tribe of "Right" left...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:"during the Obama years from conservatives"

Sorry 'bout that.
First version was also correct.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

katamari Damassi

Just read the Time magazine cover story about rape in college and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, it headlines with the "1 in 5" statistic, but when you read the article it tells you that that is the broadest possible definition with the legal definition being half that(which if true is still terrible). It also states that campus rapes are committed by a small group of repeat offenders who are not so susceptible to "don't rape" messages. It also offered a range of views from others(including Hoff-Summers)concerned about the subversion of due process.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

....guys.
Let me horseplain. This here is Roy Rogers and his trusty steed....

http://i.imgur.com/BVXFFMd.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Random Lurker wrote:

westworld.jpg

Just repeat 'Everything I say is a lie!' to Melody, and watch the steam come out of her ears.
archons.png
Femputer:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yttx80/fu ... by-snu-snu

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

....guys.
That horse is rearing, not levading - there is ZERO collection.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

....guys.
POSSIBLY an overcooked courbette, but gracious, it ain't...

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Perhaps the reason all the websites like Slate etc have veered towards victim-feminism is two fold. First the ubiquity of mobile phones used consistently by young women and the ubiquity of young women with gender conspiracy degrees that have little ability to do anything else but complain about gender.

I'm not being glib about this. Almost everywhere I go, I have to dance and weave through waves of young women with their heads down, thumbing away at their hand helds without looking where they are going. I'm not saying young men do not use their phones often but it seems that from Glasgow to Manchester to London and Paris, Brussels and the Hague (all places I've been in the last 18 months) the airports, stores, streets and hotels are infested with these young women, typing away oblivious to the real world.

Perhaps though they are playing some game set up by doctors offices to make it more difficult for them to book appointments but it looks more like they're plugged in to the virtual gossipocracy.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Why are all these identitarians so creepy-looking? PeeZus 'Meyers' Myers, Ophelia Benson, Stephanie Zvan, Oolon, Jason Thibault, Greg Laden, Melody Hensley, Laci Green, Alex Gabriel, Amanda Marcotte, ad nauseam. If I see them in the street, I'm totally crossing the street or turning around.
Schrödinger's ROBOKiTTY. :twisted:

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Richard Dworkins wrote:I'm not being glib about this. Almost everywhere I go, I have to dance and weave through waves of young women with their heads down, thumbing away at their hand helds without looking where they are going. I'm not saying young men do not use their phones often but it seems that from Glasgow to Manchester to London and Paris, Brussels and the Hague (all places I've been in the last 18 months) the airports, stores, streets and hotels are infested with these young women, typing away oblivious to the real world.
This predates mobile phones. Walk round any supermarket with a trolley, you have to be ready to brake, reverse or steer out of the way at a millisecond's notice, because women* simply will not look where they're going. I wonder if it's related to the oft-quoted statistic that men are better at spatial reasoning than women, or whether it's because they grow up with the message "ladies first" and assume a gentleman will get out of her way. But in that case, what happens when there are only women in a supermarket aisle?

*Again, #NotAllWomenButCloseEnough

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

katamari Damassi wrote:Just read the Time magazine cover story about rape in college and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, it headlines with the "1 in 5" statistic, but when you read the article it tells you that that is the broadest possible definition with the legal definition being half that(which if true is still terrible). It also states that campus rapes are committed by a small group of repeat offenders who are not so susceptible to "don't rape" messages. It also offered a range of views from others(including Hoff-Summers)concerned about the subversion of due process.

Thing is, according to the DoJ, back in the 1980s with significantly higher rape stats from the 1970s/1980s, a woman's life-time risk of sexual assault, including rape and attempted rape was 8%. Actual rape (successful rape) is lower (about 40% of rape attempts fail).
Based on 1973-82 rates, nearly 1 out of 12 females will be the victim of a completed or attempted rape. The estimated rate for black females is 1 out of 9:
The same thing happened in the 90s when they did it again.

And these numbers are adjusted. They don't use reported-to-police crimes or prosecuted crimes. Rather, they use the National Victimization Survey because they know not all crimes are reported or prosecuted.

It's all pretty straight forward and based on the best numbers and methodology the DoJ can come up with.

But then we get the claims of 1-in-5 are sexually victimized (often conflated to being raped). Which is something on the order of nearly 12 times greater than the NVS results. So, we look at what's being measured:
Since school began in fall 1996, has anyone made or tried to make you have sexual inter-course or sexual contact when you did not want to by simply being overwhelmed by someone’s continual pestering and verbal pressure?
So, a guy begging for sex now makes you a victim. Becky Booze would love this.
Since school began in fall 1996, has anyone made or tried to make you have sexual intercourse or sexual contact when you did not want to by making promises of rewards, such as raising a grade, being hired or promoted, being given a ride or class notes, or getting help with coursework from a fellow student if you complied sexually?
Crude, yes. Victim... Yeah. I'm sorry, I don't considered being on the wrong end of boorish behavior to be up there with rape. It's, in my view, manufacturing victims for political purposes.
Since school began in fall 1996, has anyone attempted but not succeeded in unwanted or uninvited touching of a sexual nature?
A guy makes a drunken pass. Tries to pat your ass or get some side boob with a reach-around hug. Now you're 'sexual assault victim?' Really. Boorish behavior. Not 'acceptable.' But, once again, can't let idiotic boorish behavior that any mature adult should just 'get the fuck over' slide on by as we've got to pump the 'victimization' numbers up.

Now, they do actually measure rape (with some very good, very well defined, rape questions) at the college level in the survey. This is what they found:
How extensive is rape among college women?

Exhibit 3 reports the extent of rape found in the NCWSV study. As shown, 2.8 percent of the sample had experienced either a completed rape (1.7 per- cent) or an attempted rape incident (1.1 percent).
But those numbers don't work for political hay making. So we hear one-in-five. Just like we hear all kinds of shock numbers. But we don't hear the real numbers. The ones that say, yes, it does happen. And it sucks for the victims and I have sympathy for them.

But the political process around the truth is broken because a woman having a 1-in-59 chance of actually being raped during her college years doesn't grab headlines. It doesn't sell books. It doesn't feed moral panics. And it's not appreciably different than the same, non-college age cohort.

Also, just so it's understood, it's not stranger rape. Almost all this behavior happens at college social events which are fueled by binge drinking and drugs. You avoid that scene, you avoid most of the risk. But telling women this... Well, that sexism and patriarchy and victim blaming...

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

paddybrown wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:I'm not being glib about this. Almost everywhere I go, I have to dance and weave through waves of young women with their heads down, thumbing away at their hand helds without looking where they are going. I'm not saying young men do not use their phones often but it seems that from Glasgow to Manchester to London and Paris, Brussels and the Hague (all places I've been in the last 18 months) the airports, stores, streets and hotels are infested with these young women, typing away oblivious to the real world.
This predates mobile phones. Walk round any supermarket with a trolley, you have to be ready to brake, reverse or steer out of the way at a millisecond's notice, because women* simply will not look where they're going. I wonder if it's related to the oft-quoted statistic that men are better at spatial reasoning than women, or whether it's because they grow up with the message "ladies first" and assume a gentleman will get out of her way. But in that case, what happens when there are only women in a supermarket aisle?

*Again, #NotAllWomenButCloseEnough
Perhaps so, but the supermarket is not an echo chamber of obnoxious schreechers reinforcing each others whines so much that it becomes a hash tagged pressure mob, thinking they are changing the world while becoming free content providers for massive plutocratic concerns.

Mobile phones are the new "torches of freedom". Light em up ladies.

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Random Lurker wrote:
The attachment westworld.jpg is no longer available

The attachment archons.png is no longer available
Femputer:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yttx80/fu ... by-snu-snu
RTR - Copy.jpg
(43.44 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Dr. Morbius : "It was an infinite loop problem, Commander Adams. I simply told her to shoot that box of doughnuts with her blaster. Right now her CPU is locked in an endless calculation cycle : her primary programming to follow my commands unerringly is at odds with her fundamental love of food. If I weren't to cancel that command she'd continue on like this until her circuits melted away into nothing."

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Tribble wrote: ...

But the political process around the truth is broken because a woman having a 1-in-59 chance of actually being raped during her college years doesn't grab headlines. It doesn't sell books. It doesn't feed moral panics. And it's not appreciably different than the same, non-college age cohort.

Also, just so it's understood, it's not stranger rape. Almost all this behavior happens at college social events which are fueled by binge drinking and drugs. You avoid that scene, you avoid most of the risk. But telling women this... Well, that sexism and patriarchy and victim blaming...
Exactly, and 1-in-59 is still too fucking much. If I encountered that number without ever having heard the baloney 1-in-4 or 1-in-5 numbers feminists spout, I'd find it shocking.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

jimthepleb wrote: jugheadnaut your links will be here shortly no doubt, but may I be first to offer you a hearty 'Fuck Off!'
Too late! I already received my greeting and an adorable basket of lynx last week. But a reiterated greeting is always welcome. Well, except from a couple of people who I will not mention for fear of rousing them.

windy

Post by windy »

More victim-blaming! I was warned not to walk around at night because there are elephants around. Not even elephants respect women! :( Aren't they supposed to be matriarchal?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Random Lurker wrote:

The red eyes adds a tinge of comfort for me for some reason.
I think it's because the red eyes make her look even less human so you climb up the Uncanny Valley a bit.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

jugheadnaut wrote:
jimthepleb wrote: jugheadnaut your links will be here shortly no doubt, but may I be first to offer you a hearty 'Fuck Off!'
Too late! I already received my greeting and an adorable basket of lynx last week. But a reiterated greeting is always welcome. Well, except from a couple of people who I will not mention for fear of rousing them.
Sorry, what?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Aaaaaand... a page full of Melody for be to throw up my breakfast. Thank you, Slymepit.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Cunning Punt wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Sorry, what?
Dick Strawkins already gave him the "fuck off" greeting, and I think Git handled the basket of lynx.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I think Red Eye Hensley is actually less scary than "Normal" Eye Hensley.

I mean, with her freak expression and wide-eyed googly look, without the red eyes, she looks like a robot that is intended to be indistinguishable from a human being, but something went wrong at factory QC so she looks like a human being that is utterly demented and ready to kill someone in Terminator-type mode, scaryscary! And definitely stay-away-from material.

Whereas, with the red eyes she looks like a robot, so the frozen freak expression and the googly eyes are, so to speak, to be expected and are therefore much less freaky.

If you see what I mean.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tapir wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

....guys.
Let me horseplain. This here is Roy Rogers and his trusty steed....

Thanks for the Trigger Warnings?

I still don't get it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

....guys.
Check your dressage pyramid privilege before I capriole your ass.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

Oh. Thanks for spelling it out for me Matt. I'm not old enough to know about Roy Rodgers. Sorry.

I think it was because of the Hendsley pictures. Southern expressed a similar discomfort.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Why are all these identitarians so creepy-looking? PeeZus 'Meyers' Myers, Ophelia Benson, Stephanie Zvan, Oolon, Jason Thibault, Greg Laden, Melody Hensley, Laci Green, Alex Gabriel, Amanda Marcotte, ad nauseam. If I see them in the street, I'm totally crossing the street or turning around.
I disagree with including Laci Green on this list, as her creepy vibe is highly muted compared to the rest. Back in her younger days she was quite the stunner, and, as I mentioned in a previous post, she was usually thoughtful and likable. Basically, she was the Jaclyn Glenn of the late 'aughts, although Jaclyn is clearly smarter and appears already immunized against the SJW virus. Here's a video Laci recently posted where she's interacting with a 'time capsule' video she made in 2009.

[youtube]cDvKlvmNFo4[/youtube]

Her looks are clearly declining and she's fighting a battle with her weight, so far to a stalemate but I suspect she'll eventually lose. Hopefully, this won't send her down the despair/victomhood/mental illness/radfem rat hole. I'm guessing that Melody Hensley was a bit of a looker in her younger days, and the loss of her wow-power and subsequent cowification probably contributed to her current state.

Although, to be clear, it's the decline in Laci's critical thinking abilities, not the decline in her looks, that bothers me.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Let me horseplain. This here is Roy Rogers and his trusty steed....

Thanks for the Trigger Warnings?

I still don't get it.
It was ironic, and I got the joke. But, trigger warnings? I don't do no steenking trigger warnings. :)

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jugheadnaut wrote: I'm guessing that Melody Hensley was a bit of a looker in her younger days, and the loss of her wow-power and subsequent cowification probably contributed to her current state.
http://i.imgur.com/Uc1FuRp.png

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

bhoytony wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: I'm guessing that Melody Hensley was a bit of a looker in her younger days, and the loss of her wow-power and subsequent cowification probably contributed to her current state.
Well, maybe not so much. Her expansion has made her nose look not quite as large now. And goddamn, she's been growing out that same hairstyle for, what, 10 years? And its evident in pictures where she has no part in her hair that she frequently uses a wig with that same style. Probably see's it as the ultimate realization of the 'do.

But the creepy vibe is absent, and she's still probably a 6 or a 6.5.

Mr Radio

Post by Mr Radio »

It's like their lack of humanity shines through no matter how you look at them. I think it's much like the vibe you get when you compare televangelists and other hucksters like Robert Tilton and Jan and Paul Crouch. There's something kind of uncanny valley shit creeping in with all of them.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

bhoytony wrote:
That's pretty stunning.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Although, that extremely belligerent radfem 'Big Red' also has some very attractive portraits kicking around. I think I saw then here.

welch

Post by welch »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Tribble wrote: ...

Exactly, and 1-in-59 is still too fucking much. If I encountered that number without ever having heard the baloney 1-in-4 or 1-in-5 numbers feminists spout, I'd find it shocking.

That's the problem with trying to create numbers on shaky data. The real numbers, because they aren't "as bad" can fool you into thinking the problems not as bad as it is.

I mean 1 in 59 is fucking appalling. But if the first time you hear about it is in relationship to *1 in 5*? Then it's easy to say "Well, it's not THAT bad".

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

welch:
It's like the "rape and death threats" that constantly get announced by FfTB/Skepchick & Sarkeesian, they've claimed so much online harassment, that it has probably numbed a lot of people to the idea of it. Some people just never learned the principle of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Opyt wrote:welch:
It's like the "rape and death threats" that constantly get announced by FfTB/Skepchick & Sarkeesian, they've claimed so much online harassment, that it has probably numbed a lot of people to the idea of it. Some people just never learned the principle of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
It is technique. I also notice it being used in the smear blogs; the labels and accusations against non-persons are repeatedly constantly, with the intent that, this way, it becomes fait accompli.

Note that Shermer et al are usually referred to as 'having a history'. This in it itself is a fabrication perpetuated using the same technique. The history is there: They wrote it.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Sulman wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
That's pretty stunning.
If you cover her nose in the picture, she gets into the 8 - 8.5 range. Maybe I wasn't so far off.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Can you lay-off rating people's appearance? There's no flimsy exuse this time. What exactly do you hope to achieve other than coming across as creeps?