Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
JacquesCuze

Re: Activism update!

Post by JacquesCuze »

justinvacula wrote:Wilkes-Barre officials unprominently placed an FFRF banner I submitted for display while a submitted National Day of Prayer banner was prominently placed. Read my new piece for background information, photos, and a video.

http://justinvacula.com/2014/05/03/ffrf ... kes-barre/

[youtube]zvRuSDtlZ0k[/youtube]
Watched the first two minutes:

+ Absolutely agree with you that your banner was not hung with good intentions by the city
+ If not an apology, you certainly deserve the $50 back. But it should come with an apology.

Regardless, I sort of think the banner sucks. Is there not a positive message for atheism to greet people with? Must atheism posters be defined as anti-religion and be given sneering messages or can they stand for something on their own? Your banner would not get me to become an atheist. I might see your banner and think "dick".

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

JacquesCuze wrote:

+ Absolutely agree with you that your banner was not hung with good intentions by the city
+ If not an apology, you certainly deserve the $50 back. But it should come with an apology.

Regardless, I sort of think the banner sucks. Is there not a positive message for atheism to greet people with? Must atheism posters be defined as anti-religion and be given sneering messages or can they stand for something on their own? Your banner would not get me to become an atheist. I might see your banner and think "dick".
I respond to criticism here:

http://justinvacula.com/2014/04/22/resp ... r-protest/

I don't mind a more provocative message than a simple 'separate church and state.' In fact, I brought both to the event...and people from Restored Church were cool :)
Attachments
PhotoWithReligiousAttendeesFromRestoredChurch.jpg
(66.56 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

katamari Damassi

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by katamari Damassi »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Really? wrote:Hey, all. Melody is telling us to follow this account.

https://twitter.com/FemButtplug

So I guess we should do so.
I mean, why make two trips?
FFS Mykeru. Don't start the "fine tuning" argument again.
Joking aside, I'd like to point out that despite being recommended by Malady, these tweets appear to be directed at feminists. I've seen this before. She's being harangued by feminists because she's sexually submissive. I got into it once on Pandagon years ago. I very upset woman posted a comment confessing to enjoying being sub in BDSM and wanted help changing so she could be more feminist. It looked a lot like what I've seen with religious gays who wanted to change. While the feminists at Pandagon expressed sympathy towards her, she was told that she was damaged, the way she has sex abets patriarchy, she needed to change to be a true feminist. Having grown up hearing "the way you sex is wrong", I was the only guy on there(that I can remember)telling her that she was ok, and to accept who she was.

Anyway, that's what I see when I read Buttplug"s tweets.

welch

Post by welch »

I give you this:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=9521428

BECAUSE I SHOULD NOT BE THE ONLY ONE READING THE STUPID THING THAT THE MAN WHO IS PRETTY, BUT VERY, VERY STUPID WROTE.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

justinvacula wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:

I don't mind a more provocative message than a simple 'separate church and state.' In fact, I brought both to the event...and people from Restored Church were cool :)
I certainly do admire your guts in going out and doing this, literally fighting city hall, especially when it seems so lonely.

I just don't think your message is particularly efficacious.

If you are protesting first amendment violations by government, is that the message banner readers will perceive?

(If you are trying to get a message on the side of the bus, do you want newspaper readers to think, "what's wrong with that message"? or have them think "dick"? Do you want to appear more credible over time with your readers, or less credible and more like a member of the regular lunatic brigade?)

Good to see you in that picture with the religious group. I am glad we don't have a repeat of the photos of you wearing only Hulk shorts and barricading yourself with chairs and stools and tables and burned out Ladas and dead feminist bodies this time.

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

Feminist Buttplug is Miri's sockpuppet. I mean, I don't think it's really a secret, but just so everyone knows.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Really? wrote:
Aneris wrote:
[.youtube]xD_1pBiwaeQ[/youtube]
Her voice is a mixture of
[.youtube]F-8RItOZE30[/youtube]

and

[.youtube]7WahBH9sANg[/youtube]

(She TOTALLY has Takei's inflection.)
That Oh My! by George Takei was hilarious!!! :lol:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:I give you this:

BECAUSE I SHOULD NOT BE THE ONLY ONE READING THE STUPID THING THAT THE MAN WHO IS PRETTY, BUT VERY, VERY STUPID WROTE.
I got here and bailed:
The term comes from the communication between two so-called "hearts" on a server which verify your security as you shop, check e-mails and bank statements. There is now a backdoor break-in between those hearts, and it's bleeding.
Ahahahahah! Ahahahahahaha! Bwahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

[quote="katamari Damassi"
FFS Mykeru. Don't start the "fine tuning" argument again.[/quote]
Joking aside, I'd like to point out that despite being recommended by Malady, these tweets appear to be directed at feminists. I've seen this before. She's being harangued by feminists because she's sexually submissive. I got into it once on Pandagon years ago. I very upset woman posted a comment confessing to enjoying being sub in BDSM and wanted help changing so she could be more feminist. It looked a lot like what I've seen with religious gays who wanted to change. While the feminists at Pandagon expressed sympathy towards her, she was told that she was damaged, the way she has sex abets patriarchy, she needed to change to be a true feminist. Having grown up hearing "the way you sex is wrong", I was the only guy on there(that I can remember)telling her that she was ok, and to accept who she was.

Anyway, that's what I see when I read Buttplug"s tweets.[/quote]

Yeah that's how I read them as well.

So when did the whole trope of some power-projecting people enjoying sex where they didn't have to project that power go away? Because that was always a thing, right?

Actually I'll just answer the question. One of the common things among the SJW crowd is that your individual likes/choices all reflect larger political ideologies and that they should all line up relatively perfect. The personal is the political and all that. That's where the opposition to that particular thing comes from.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:FFS Mykeru. Don't start the "fine tuning" argument again.
INCOMING HEDDLE!!! INCOMING HEDDLE!!! DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!!!
[youtube]suY06PVK_bI[/youtube]

Nah, heddle swore to me he doesn't troll for 'fine tuning.' "Cross my heart and hope to not be unconditionally elected" he said.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

justinvacula wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:

Great to see young people out there promoting church:state separation in an upbeat, positive manner! Kudos to you all.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

:lol: :clap:

Thank you.

welch

Post by welch »

AndrewV69 wrote:

I got here and bailed:
The term comes from the communication between two so-called "hearts" on a server which verify your security as you shop, check e-mails and bank statements. There is now a backdoor break-in between those hearts, and it's bleeding.
Ahahahahah! Ahahahahahaha! Bwahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TWO HEARRRRRTS! BLEEEED AS ONNNNE! TWOOOOO HEARRRRRRRRTS!!!!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

:think:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Girlfriend still lives at home, what abandonment issues?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Is there some rule on the JREF forums that you aren't allowed to point out a poster's inability to post honestly from thread to thread? I see people like a'isha in thread after thread posting in obvious bad faith, and with a total disregard for honest discussion, but her posts go by page after page and no one calls it out. If it is pointed out it is gas lighted and then promptly reenters the memory hole and each of her subsequent posts are once again treated as honest discussion.

She is far from the only example, but hers is the most recent I have seen.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Also for a fun romp read through what she thinks is evidence of the ability to modify google email headers proving that Radford's forensic evidence is not credible.

When responding to people who find faults in her obvious failure: she literally says she has shown no evidence that it can be forged, and what she did was messiness. Later in the thread however she once again falls back on her attempts as evidence the email can be forged, as if none of this had taken place.

Serious skepticism, by serious people.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

katamari Damassi wrote: Joking aside, I'd like to point out that despite being recommended by Malady, these tweets appear to be directed at feminists. I've seen this before. She's being harangued by feminists because she's sexually submissive. I got into it once on Pandagon years ago. I very upset woman posted a comment confessing to enjoying being sub in BDSM and wanted help changing so she could be more feminist. It looked a lot like what I've seen with religious gays who wanted to change. While the feminists at Pandagon expressed sympathy towards her, she was told that she was damaged, the way she has sex abets patriarchy, she needed to change to be a true feminist. Having grown up hearing "the way you sex is wrong", I was the only guy on there(that I can remember)telling her that she was ok, and to accept who she was.

Anyway, that's what I see when I read Buttplug"s tweets.
The way feminists shame and blame people for being attracted to what they are attracted to and having the sexual interests they have is truly disgusting.

So they can argue that being gay or trans is totes awesome, but being sexually submissive is evil patriarchy. :roll:

Maybe you could also have explained that subs seem to have a lot of power in the sub/dom relationship. Perhaps that would have shut the dozy fucking twats up.

As someone else said, the personal being political gives these nosy, finger-wagging arseholes their moral authority to come into your life and tell you how to be yourself. They remind me of the old church ladies who feel entitled to tell other people in the church how they should be living, and what is and isn't morally wrong (morally wrong= almost everything a 90 year-old battle axe doesn't approve of.)

When I look at Opheliar and Zvanity, I see the same old nosy bitches in social justice wrappings.

James Caruthers

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:

:think:
An emotionally-damaged, pretend victim feminist with relationship problems.

I could never have predicted this.

I bet the sex is good. But only if she is willing to "enact that labor," if you get my drift.

James Caruthers

It would seem anyone who puts their art on DeviantArt is giving DA a license to steal their shit and sell it to companies like Hot Topic.

No, really.

James Caruthers

Ok, looking more into it, it may be that Hot Topic steals shit directly off of DA without notifying them.

I'm not really sure what's going on.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm in a funny place on the previous conversation re: trans disclosure. If it's a one-night stand, I'm not sure you need to? I mean, trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who's MtF, if I was hooking up for a one-night stand with someone, and I wasn't afraid for my own safety, I'd be like what the hey. You don't really owe a one night stand anything. (EXCEPT TELLING THEM IF YOU HAVE AN STD.) Although if I had a willy, I think that whipping that out is a whole lot of disclosure, really...

But I think if you're in a long-term relationship where you care enough about someone to say, remember their name the next day... then I kinda think disclosing your genetic sex is a good idea. Other than that it's really between you and your doctor.

This situation hasn't ever happened to me, but I suspect I'd be kind of HMMM if I went home with a bloke to discover he had a vagina. I don't think that makes me transphobic.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

James Caruthers wrote:

It would seem anyone who puts their art on DeviantArt is giving DA a license to steal their shit and sell it to companies like Hot Topic.

No, really.
I thought DA had some kind of fucked up license that meant they could steal your shit legally and take your copyright and make $$ off it. IT seems like every year or two someone has a big shout about this but then it all dies down again.

Linus

Post by Linus »

sinister wrote:Is there some rule on the JREF forums that you aren't allowed to point out a poster's inability to post honestly from thread to thread?
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=25744

See Rule 12. It should be okay to call posts dishonest. There's also Rule 0, but it's much less strictly enforced than Rule 12. I see a lot of incivility on a fairly regular basis.
I see people like a'isha in thread after thread posting in obvious bad faith, and with a total disregard for honest discussion, but her posts go by page after page and no one calls it out.
She has been called on arguing in bad faith (I'm not sure if this was moderated though). And I think you're overstating things a bit. She is a biased poster to be sure, but I believe she expressed some doubt after the benradfordlegal stuff came out and expressed that she was considering donating to Radford in addition to the donation she had already given to Karen.

Linus

Post by Linus »

sinister wrote:Also for a fun romp read through what she thinks is evidence of the ability to modify google email headers proving that Radford's forensic evidence is not credible.
I don't think that's accurate. I think you're not reading the thread closely enough.
When responding to people who find faults in her obvious failure: she literally says she has shown no evidence that it can be forged
<snip>
Indeed, she fully admits she has not done this (nor AFAIK did she ever claim to have done it) and I think you also don't think she has shown this. So where is the disagreement?

James Caruthers

Never mind on the DA stealing art thing. I'm not sure if Hot Topic just steals shit without paying for it, or what, but I guess all those websites have the same license, and it doesn't mean they can steal art.

sinister

Post by sinister »

Uh, no linus.

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p= ... count=3694

She says she has shown the ability, but it doesn't matter because no one is questioning the email edits. Except of course they are.

Explain to me what good faith reasons are there for repeating that she had shown they can be modified if there is no evidence they can be and that it doesn't matter.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Elyse is back on the sauce again, complaining to a waiter about the rape songs being played by the pianist :doh:
(Anyone know how to expand the tweets, in the new layout, without having to open up in a new tab?)

Linus

Post by Linus »

She says she has shown the ability, but it doesn't matter because no one is questioning the email edits. Except of course they are.[/quote]

Okay. And? She said she doesn't think anyone is arguing that Radford altered the dates. Not everyone has read every post and comment thread on FTB / every thread on A+.
Explain to me what good faith reasons are there for repeating that she had shown they can be modified if there is no evidence they can be and that it doesn't matter.
She did show evidence that emails can be modified with IMAP. She also made it pretty clear from the beginning that she didn't think Ben Radford had done this and that it Google's own (hidden) timestamps for the emails can't be changed, but a person who merely logs into the email account could be fooled, even if they click "view original". As for "repeating", it looks like qayak is the one bringing it up again in the post you linked me to.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

JayTeeAitch wrote:Elyse is back on the sauce again, complaining to a waiter about the rape songs being played by the pianist :doh:
(Anyone know how to expand the tweets, in the new layout, without having to open up in a new tab?)
Just pay the tab and go to another bar... ?

Really, is there some issue with the SJW brain where solutions to problems can only be considered if they involve antangonism and/or confrontation?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Aneris wrote: I hazard the guess that what is being discussed by Zinnia Jones is almost not relevant for anyone but five people since 1880 and they could figure it out by themselves without having to learn from the Social Justice Warrior Rulebook to Human Interactions. I agree with her that nobody is obliged to tell anything unless it's potentially harmful for them, and a disappointment isn't harmful. That's just life. However, when someone is born hetereosexual they will feel attracted to features of the opposite sex and will be turned off by anything that deviates form it, so they hardly come into the situation.

And since it's not cultural, but innate (and not just learned and cultural that can be changed, as Hornbeck, SJWs and Evangelicals generally believe) we are all very good at picking up all the subtle and less subtle hints, adam's apple, too female skin, built, voice and so forth. We are extremely good at recognizing faces and comparing them. And those who indeed feel attracted to certain types that are more ambigious or androgynous are probaby aware that they might run into trans people and then they can indeed ask if they suspect it. But if I would suspect this, I would never feel attracted to such a person to begin with. It's a complete non-issue.

And the idea that someone must love and feel attracted to somebody because an ideology demands it is just appalling.
If I feel attracted to a woman by her looks and personality, I won't really mind if she turns out to be trans. I've never dated for reproductive motives anyway, and baring a vagina there are many other fun zones for both players.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Old_ones wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:Elyse is back on the sauce again, complaining to a waiter about the rape songs being played by the pianist :doh:

Really, is there some issue with the SJW brain where solutions to problems can only be considered if they involve antangonism and/or confrontation?
It's snarkhumordrama. Wouldn't be any different at another bar.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

James Caruthers wrote:(morally wrong= almost everything a 90 year-old battle axe doesn't approve of.)
Double-wielded?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Linus wrote:
She says she has shown the ability, but it doesn't matter because no one is questioning the email edits. Except of course they are.
Okay. And? She said she doesn't think anyone is arguing that Radford altered the dates. Not everyone has read every post and comment thread on FTB / every thread on A+.
She did show evidence that emails can be modified with IMAP. She also made it pretty clear from the beginning that she didn't think Ben Radford had done this and that it Google's own (hidden) timestamps for the emails can't be changed, but a person who merely logs into the email account could be fooled, even if they click "view original". As for "repeating", it looks like qayak is the one bringing it up again in the post you linked me to.[/quote]

You know I was going to take some time and try to explain your failure to actually read the posts, but instead I am just going to marvel at your belief that she took the time to describe an utterly useless process to modify email dates, which would stand no scrutiny, just to ensure that people knew that a forensic investigation could in fact easily spot a faked email header as utter hilarious.

I am sure her purpose was to ensure that no one was under the misapprehension that she may dispute the ability to spot a fraud. And in no way was she trying to document a process to show that the email evidence was easily modified in a way that would be hard to refute.

Yes sir Linus, her time is best served showing people useless information, and making sure that people know that useless information is there, and when you do notice, make sure that you know that it is also completely irrelevant to the current discussion and should be dismissed.

Well done skeptic!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ah, Sunday mornings at the Pit, where nothing much happens. Everyone in church?

sinister

Post by sinister »

Yeah my bad. It's late and I should be in bed. I do want say that I listened to you on spotify today and your music is great. So thank you for helping me find some music to make my yardwork that much more enjoyable.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sinister: it wasn't aimed at you, just my usual Sunday piss-taking. thanks for the kind words about the music.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And yesterday I received Haggis! Haven't had some in almost a year. Along was a Breaking Bad shirt for Ali, and a Polos Hermanos coffee mug. And 5 bags of beef jerky.

Like christmas on a Saturday (and no fucking elves involved).

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:In other news: :think:
An emotionally-damaged, pretend victim feminist with relationship problems.
I could never have predicted this.
I bet the sex is good. But only if she is willing to "enact that labor," if you get my drift.
You mean sign a consent for each and every time before sex? You can get them notarized every day of the week I hear.

Konrad_Cruze

Post by Konrad_Cruze »

There she is all puffed up like a preening peacock having stuck it to the man. What she won't realize is that the waiter and pianist will be able to go home with a funny story.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

Konrad_Cruze wrote:

There she is all puffed up like a preening peacock having stuck it to the man. What she won't realize is that the waiter and pianist will be able to go home with a funny story.
Ok, I'll bite...anyone know what song she could be referring to? I imagine it's something that would seem innocuous enough to play at a restaurant, but I can't think of anything that covers that particular topic.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Old_ones wrote:

Well she clearly cannot understand lyrics. Just read them for yourself. There is absolutely nothing about Closer that involves rape. It is consenting hot animalistic love, sex and passion.
NIN Closer Lyrics wrote: You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you
You let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you
Help me I broke apart my insides, help me I’ve got no soul to sell
Help me the only thing that works for me, help me get away from myself
I want to fuck you like an animal
I want to feel you from the inside
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god
You can have my isolation, you can have the hate that it brings
You can have my absence of faith, you can have my everything
Help me tear down my reason, help me its' your sex I can smell
Help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else
I want to feel you from the inside
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god

Through every forest, above the trees
Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
I drink the honey inside your hive
You are the reason I stay alive

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ah, Sunday mornings at the Pit, where nothing much happens. Everyone in church?
Here. Let me bring you closer to god, care of Elyse.
[youtube]PTFwQP86BRs[/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Love the way RW participated in the SGU 9 year anniversary. Unless you were in the know it was far from clear she was a late comer. What with all the 'wow that went fast' etc.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

The Beyonce of rape strikes again.
She accuses a table of guys she just happens to sit next to in the restaurant, of bragging about raping women.

What's more, she publishes their picture on the internet!

I've pixelated their faces in this screencapture but the original is still online and the faces of two are quite visible and, I'm sure, recognizable to anyone who knows them.

http://i.imgur.com/qzXNCcK.jpg

James Caruthers

Dick Strawkins wrote:The Beyonce of rape strikes again.
She accuses a table of guys she just happens to sit next to in the restaurant, of bragging about raping women.

What's more, she publishes their picture on the internet!

I've pixelated their faces in this screencapture but the original is still online and the faces of two are quite visible and, I'm sure, recognizable to anyone who knows them.

http://i.imgur.com/qzXNCcK.jpg
Okay seriously, Elyse is either totally insane or a really good troll. Her ability to see rape in everything is impressive even for a feminist.

James Caruthers

For the record, I would totally be up for some sexual experimentation with MtF feminine trans individuals, but dishonesty would be an instant turn-off.

Just imagine, if someone isn't honest with you about being trans, would you expect them to be honest about having an STD? I think Katamari spoke earlier about problems of STD non-disclosure among gay folks, and I've heard about that being an issue during the AIDS scare.

It just seems like a bad idea to encourage people to deceive others in the bedroom/leading up to the bedroom. If it were FtM trans men deliberately not telling straight feminist women that they used to be female, you can bet the feminists would be all over that shit, calling the trans men sexist, oppressive rapists. Also, I'm just going to assume a lot of trans men and trans women have had issues in the past with their body, or body image, or people rejecting them because of how they were born. So not being honest opens the door to a very harsh Rebecca Watson-style "get the fuck out of my bedroom" moment which otherwise would not have happened. I mean, subtly letting the other party know during dinner or drinks what you've got going on (if there's mutual interest) gives them a chance to gracefully and maturely let the trans person down easy.

Whereas, if you're in the bedroom and suddenly COCK IN YOUR FACE, it might be difficult to restrain some sort of hurtful knee-jerk reaction.

And if things do go well from the one-night stand (imagine a post-op) and the guy doesn't find out until he's already deep in a relationship, that may cause a lot of heartbreak. Quite apart from TEH TRANSPHOBIA, some guys do really want their own kids.

I guess for a one-night stand, you run the risks and take the odds. Trans of any sort are a vast statistical minority, and passing trans are rarer still.

James Caruthers

But anyway, all I was really trying to point out with that video is the beginning of SJWism was already strong in the atheist movement. I suppose one could argue that the trans community is partly responsible for all this SJW bollocks in atheism. I've spent a bit of time reading message boards for the trans community, and looking at trans blogs. Obviously there are reasonable trans people, but there are a damn high percentage who subscribe heavily to some sort of SJW or post-modern Gender Studies nonsense about cis privilege or cis scum, or (as Katamari mentioned) calling gay men "cis" and telling gay men to check their mothafuckin' priv.

I've even see them try to grade the "privilege" of their own members. Like, passing trans have more "privilege" than non-passing, or that abled trans have more "privilege" than disabled, or fat trans have more privilege than thin, etc etc. Just sharks fucking eating each other because they cannot stay still.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SGU. This week in skepticism.

Evan waxes lyrical about a young Mexican PhD who is a great communicator and helps run NECSS.

And is a woman.

Naturally I was waiting for RW to add her comment of support.

Crickets.

Now I wonder why that would be? :mrgreen:

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Karmakin wrote:[quote="katamari Damassi"
FFS Mykeru. Don't start the "fine tuning" argument again.

Anyway, that's what I see when I read Buttplug"s tweets.[/quote]

Yeah that's how I read them as well.

So when did the whole trope of some power-projecting people enjoying sex where they didn't have to project that power go away? Because that was always a thing, right?

Actually I'll just answer the question. One of the common things among the SJW crowd is that your individual likes/choices all reflect larger political ideologies and that they should all line up relatively perfect. The personal is the political and all that. That's where the opposition to that particular thing comes from.[/quote]

I think there is a lot of sexual ignorance with SJW's as well, perhaps due to being brought up strictly religious in many cases or simply prudish (Zvan/Benson) The subs I have known tended to be strong and successful women. Also, the subs control the relationship a lot more than the Dom does. So the power is not where they think it is. It is a complex area of sexuality and their attempts to simplify and blame it all on Men is pathetic, especially as it is just as popular in lesbian and gay relationships.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:I guess for a one-night stand, you run the risks and take the odds. Trans of any sort are a vast statistical minority, and passing trans are rarer still.
People go out partying at a bar. Have a bit too much to drink. Wakes up and finds the woman he went to bed with has a 5 o'clock shadow. I don't see that ending well. Telling someone ahead of time simply eliminates people who would have an issue with this. I think that would probably be a very good idea.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

All this talk last week about Bear hunting reminded me of the 2003 story about Tim Treadwell and his girlfriend who got eaten in Alaska in 2003. The interesting extra angle was that the night attack's sound was captured on (unreleased) tape - though it's been transcripted.

One valuable take out was that hitting a thousand pound grizzly on the head with a frypan is not a successful riposte. In fact 2 people ended up fitting in four garbage bags - once they were retrieved from the belly of the bear.

There is an interesting full doco on the batshit crazy guy:

[youtube]q8MjDyfcMmU[/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

I can't imagine why people don't like SJW. If someone doesn't like Elyse, clearly they must hate women.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:I guess for a one-night stand, you run the risks and take the odds. Trans of any sort are a vast statistical minority, and passing trans are rarer still.
People go out partying at a bar. Have a bit too much to drink. Wakes up and finds the woman he went to bed with has a 5 o'clock shadow. I don't see that ending well. Telling someone ahead of time simply eliminates people who would have an issue with this. I think that would probably be a very good idea.
There is also another issue that may cause people to be wary of one night stands or 'experiments' in these circumstances.
The rate of HIV+ in heterosexual women is something like 1 in 600.
In transexual M2F women it is something like 1 in 3.
I didn't believe this statistic when I first saw it but I've read up on it and think it is an accepted figure.

Of course it is always our own responsibility to be safe in our sexual practices but part of this is knowledge about the status of our partners. Being trans doesn't automatically make a person HIV+ but statistically it makes a huge difference and one that may be more important compared to a relatively trivial 'ick' factor reaction to the realization that the 'girl' has a guys plumbing.

It also probably explains Half-Fishies strange opinion on this subject on Crommies old blog.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

deLurch wrote:I can't imagine why people don't like SJW. If someone doesn't like Elyse, clearly they must hate women.

Elyse is like a weird experiment in which a person purposefully posts messages that fit in with the notion that a 'rape culture' exists in a way that justifies feminist anger at societies acceptance of this culture.

Hence in her tweets we find her going to a random bar and the piano player plays songs about raping children (and doesn't get immediately lynched by the audience).

The next table contains a group of teenagers who brag loudly of their chick-raping adventures and swap pictures of their raping exploits
(and they don't get immediately lynched by the rest of the restaurants or, at the very least, rounded up and handed over to the police)

In fact she cannot go anywhere without bumping into endorsements of rape that are as blatant as endorsements of capitalism, liberalism or religion.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/transgender/

Not alarming as "1 in 3", but still ridiculously risky to have any type of sex with them, protected or not.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Really? wrote:Hooooly shit. How does this:

http://instagram.com/p/neKfqDCAmd/

turn into this:
O how shall summer's honey breath hold out,
Against the wracking siege of battering days?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:All this talk last week about Bear hunting reminded me of the 2003 story about Tim Treadwell and his girlfriend who got eaten in Alaska in 2003. The interesting extra angle was that the night attack's sound was captured on (unreleased) tape - though it's been transcripted.

One valuable take out was that hitting a thousand pound grizzly on the head with a frypan is not a successful riposte. In fact 2 people ended up fitting in four garbage bags - once they were retrieved from the belly of the bear.

There is an interesting full doco on the batshit crazy guy:
I was going to post that during "Bear Week" too but decided against it, mainly because Werner Herzog creeps me the hell out. Wherever there happens to be tragedy, Herzog has the curious habit of popping up. I think his character in "Jack Reacher" was pretty spot on. As for Treadwell, yeah, guy was a nut. There's always that guy who doesn't have the sense to realize that wild animals are wild for a reason. Of course, it's not like us 'Merkins have a corner on the market. You guys will always have the memory of Steve Irwin.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

rayshul wrote:I'm in a funny place on the previous conversation re: trans disclosure. If it's a one-night stand, I'm not sure you need to? I mean, trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who's MtF, if I was hooking up for a one-night stand with someone, and I wasn't afraid for my own safety, I'd be like what the hey. You don't really owe a one night stand anything. (EXCEPT TELLING THEM IF YOU HAVE AN STD.) Although if I had a willy, I think that whipping that out is a whole lot of disclosure, really...

But I think if you're in a long-term relationship where you care enough about someone to say, remember their name the next day... then I kinda think disclosing your genetic sex is a good idea. Other than that it's really between you and your doctor.

This situation hasn't ever happened to me, but I suspect I'd be kind of HMMM if I went home with a bloke to discover he had a vagina. I don't think that makes me transphobic.
My posting was lost, it refers to your question
What does SJW dogma say, if stories of trans-experiences are triggering for someone (=me?). I had a trainspotting-like encounter with a, what I wrongly thought, was a girl, until my hands told me otherwise. My reaction back then was nothing short of hysterical, and it still gives me the ultra creeps 13y later when I think about it... does that make me xyz-phobic, or do I get hugs ?
Although I have no ill feeling towards the person for simply not having a vagina, I still think this is a foul-play - you can't encourage someone to touch your genitals when you either know for certain, or must expect, that the other person has a completely different expectation of what they're going to be like, caused by your display of your sexuality. After all, sexual orientation is a part of a person's sexuality, so you can't just ignore it, or expect them to suddenly ignore it.