Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Apples

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by Apples »

Tony Parsehole wrote:I'm with Stephanie Zvan on this one. Twitter should employ an extra two million people to trawl every popular hashtag and conversation, wade through all the jokes, sarcasm and pictures of Justin Bieber, and then they should PERMANENTLY BAN all those who say something that Stephanie Zvan wouldn't like, regardless of context.

It's a wonder that our Steph hasn't found a job as a high-flying corporate consultant yet.
Speaking of employability, I was just thinking about what Melody has accomplished -- she's managed, over several years, to persistently undermine and weaken the credibility of her own donation-dependent employer by being an embarrassment and a PR nightmare, and then she tops it off in spectacular fashion by bringing an Internet apocalypse on herself, most likely permanently destroying, for all time, any chance that she could be seen as a desirable and prudent person to hire, in any white collar environment. Well played, Smellody. You may never have a good reason to get off the couch again, which should free up plenty of time for Twitter.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Yanbu wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Personally, I think Melody has either made up the PTSD thing or was told it by someone unqualified to diagnose such things. She claims to have given some sort of medical note to the CFI as proof that she is sick, but was it from an actual psychiatrist, or just some self-shingled "therapist"? Did the CFI even have her sign a standard release of information consent form so that they can verify the doc's letter is real? Every normal business does this sort of thing, but maybe CFI is just inexperienced with medical claims.
Over a career of over 30 yrs as an FP I've had dozens, possibly hundreds if patients come to me seeking a physician's statement for various benefits and/or disabilities for which I could find no justification and told them so. Then a few months later they'd come back for something unrelated and I'd learn they had gotten what they wanted from someone else. I'm sure you've had the same experience. Doctor shopping is almost a national sport. The surprising thing is how many of them continued to come to me for their primary care. Anyway, I don't know how Ms Hensley came by her diagnosis but I have no doubt she has whatever medical documentation she needs.
I'm not a doctor, but I have some experience with workplace/disability issues. I hadn't considered that Melody might be doctor shopping, but if she's done that, and has the paperwork (despite the doctor knowingly lying), then she'd qualify for any sick pay plan that CFI offers. False illness claims make me angry in the same way as false crime accusations. Both make it more difficult for real crime victims and illness sufferers to be believed. They also suck resources away from those who really need it.

It's nice to know that you don't lie for your patients. That's a very good thing.

windy

Post by windy »

JackSkeptic wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Wonder what the back channel (private forum) at Secular Woman is like right about now.
Also, how the plans for WiS3 are going, 29 days from the conference.
What makes me sad is that WIS could be a very good positive thing. It just has the wrong people at the helm.
Yep. I never quite grasped why atheist women don't put a stop to their crap. I'd be spitting bullets if groups regularly misrepresented me.
Oh, we tried. But then the Skeptic Women letter got trolled with fake signatures and now we all have PTSD.

In fact it's so bad that the whole site is down:
http://www.skepticwomen.com/

Arg, now you've triggered the flashbacks from the skeptic women wars... NOOOOooooo....

[youtube]lq4yz0ntVTE[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Apples wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:I'm with Stephanie Zvan on this one. Twitter should employ an extra two million people to trawl every popular hashtag and conversation, wade through all the jokes, sarcasm and pictures of Justin Bieber, and then they should PERMANENTLY BAN all those who say something that Stephanie Zvan wouldn't like, regardless of context.

It's a wonder that our Steph hasn't found a job as a high-flying corporate consultant yet.
Speaking of employability, I was just thinking about what Melody has accomplished -- she's managed, over several years, to persistently undermine and weaken the credibility of her own donation-dependent employer by being an embarrassment and a PR nightmare, and then she tops it off in spectacular fashion by bringing an Internet apocalypse on herself, most likely permanently destroying, for all time, any chance that she could be seen as a desirable and prudent person to hire, in any white collar environment. Well played, Smellody. You may never have a good reason to get off the couch again, which should free up plenty of time for Twitter.
And I have no sympathy for Ron Lindsay or CFI. I don't know exactly what role Hensley et. al. played in the coup against Paul Kurtz, but Lindsay obviously brought her on board for her "If you disagree with us, you're a misogynist" cred. One of those crappy deals you make in a parliamentary system to grab power. That she has gone completely off the reservation, biting the hand that fed her and crapping all over the place is just sweet karma.

Coming as it does along with what I think will be a revelation in court that CFI was not fooled by Karen Stollznow's bullshit emails, but this is the sort of games they play on the organisational level while preaching reason and objectivity to others, will be a nice one-two punch in their gut. As an organization CFI is a fucking fraud and Ron Lindsay runs a scam.

Lindsay, however, is the sort of spineless soft target the FTB loves, because he caves so easily that it gives them the false impression they have real power. Lindsay and the other do-shit faux skeptics and atheists shows what happens when you try to accommodate their nonsense.

Meanwhile, the internet shit-storm. Despite what Zvan thinks, you can't put the entire Twitterverse into detention. The rest of them, although they love a good pile-on, none of them seem eager to join this fight, seeing what sheer outrage in numbers looks like and not wanting any for themselves. Melody, your bus is here, let us help you...

Morons, nut-cases, spineless scumbags and cowards.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Apples wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:What a grand couple of days.
Pointing at somebody and saying "ha, ha, ha" in unison makes me glad to be a Slymepitter.
[youtube]ob0QTmYlVKA[/youtube]
[youtube]ggPXcmWRCi4[/youtube]

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Don't you wish Malcolm Tucker worked at CFI?

Richard Dworkins

Post by Richard Dworkins »

Scented Nectar wrote: I noticed (in ThunderF00t's video, I think) that Melody says she goes to a psychologist, and elsewhere says a psychiatrist. There's a huge difference between the two. The latter has a lot more medical training and is allowed to prescribe medications. I don't think either would advise Melody to continue using Twitter, not unless it was a gradual, therapeutic, re-introduction to the thing she fears.

I'm wondering if, instead of a real doctor, she has gone to a "therapist" (something that anyone can claim to be). I hope the CFI has been thorough in requesting doctor's notes from Melody, and accepting reports ONLY from real doctors. Some workplaces require that mental health situations need notes/reports from doctors able to prescribe medication, meaning psychiatrists only.
Yes I would say that either her practitioner is a charlatan, ethically challenged or she is lying either about the diagnosis or the cause. Mind you, being a therapist seems about as easy as being a preacher in most places. I'm sure it would be easy to find some ideologically programmed dolt within the sector to excuse away Hensley's behavioural difficulties as the fault of others. There is a reason we joke about calling them "The Rapists". Sometimes they do more harm than good and give a bad name to trained and experienced clinicians and practitioners of mental health. Many of whom I am in awe at. That they themselves have not had PTSD with the things they have seen and endured in both a hospital and urban settings have to be placed in a similar category to a bunch of wizards gets on my nerves.

Apropos nothing...

Does anyone here see the whole Deconstructionist/Marxist language revisionism as essentially a gang of half-educated nominalists trying to undermine reality? That Hornbeck chap certainly seems to belong to the "everything is cultural word games" camp and I notice a lot of them hate the idea of free scientific investigation and dictionaries.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Post by Guest »

Lsuoma wrote:
Apples wrote:Congratulations, American atheist activists -- your online parade is being led by a bunch of mentally-ill genderqueer sociopathic alcoholic attention-whores, purveying reverse-racist, reverse-sexist, intolerant and amoral scorched-earth identity politics, with a garnish of total economic illiteracy, bad manners, and limitless arrogance. In a fairly conservative and rural country in which 90% of everyone believes in god and communism is a dirty word -- what could possibly go wrong? :bjarte:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
should be the title for the next thread

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

I think that this is the best possible outcome. The outside world shining a torch on these clowns. I really hope it continues. Myers current court case could also shine some light on him as well.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Richard Dworkins wrote:Yes I would say that either her practitioner is a charlatan, ethically challenged or she is lying either about the diagnosis or the cause.
I really don't want to impugn Hensley's therapist/psychiatrist/whatever when we have absolutely nothing to go on.

I do know that psychiatrists aren't supposed to be combative with their patients, so even if she outright said something as stupid as "Twitter gave me PTSD" to a shrink's face they can't outright say "That is the stupidest bullshit I have ever heard."

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Richard Dworkins wrote: Does anyone here see the whole Deconstructionist/Marxist language revisionism as essentially a gang of half-educated nominalists trying to undermine reality? That Hornbeck chap certainly seems to belong to the "everything is cultural word games" camp and I notice a lot of them hate the idea of free scientific investigation and dictionaries.
This is one of my favorite things to rant about. Back in the day, it was ok to be stupid or to have half-assed opinions about things. Outside of your social circle, most people wouldn't really know. The internet not only provided a voice for these idiots, it also shines a light on their stupidity.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

They're like Rand villains. Caricatures of the unthinking.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

So often I hear about boys and men being addicted to the internet or video game. Bah. The real issue in modern modernity are girls and women being addicted to social media.

Turn off twitter, ladies!

Don't be THAT girl!

Apples

Post by Apples »

Apples wrote:Congratulations, American atheist activists ...
Let it be noted that I made that comment the day before Melody made the big-time. If I get the Randi prize I will purchase 1000 male pugs, dress them in pink tutus, and release them on the streets of Washington DC. I may also purchase Melody's upscale condo and sue Stephanie Svan for being such a fucking bitch, but I promise that I will donate whatever is left over to victims of twitter harassment.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

By the way the second episode of Your Inner Fish is on the PBS site.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Apples wrote:she tops it off in spectacular fashion by bringing an Internet apocalypse on herself, most likely permanently destroying, for all time, any chance that she could be seen as a desirable and prudent person to hire, in any white collar environment. Well played, Smellody. You may never have a good reason to get off the couch again, which should free up plenty of time for Twitter.
You are right. I can't think of any employer that has access to google would ever want to hire her. Would you want to hire someone who claims she developed PTSD from twitter and was bed ridden due to it? I can't even imagine that feminist organizations would be foolish enough to hire her.

She better hold on to this job because it is the last one she will ever have.

So what options does she have left.
1. Death grip on this job.
2. Be supported by her husband for the rest of her life / stay at home wife
3. Work for herself & hope clients don't google her. Maybe she should start cranking out surlies.
4. Drop the shit out of her current nonsense. Get her ass in gear and become the best most amazing employee so that her current reputation becomes superseded by this current 3-ring circus act she has going.

Parody Accountant

Re: Grudge Match

Post by Parody Accountant »

deLurch wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:I decided to kick the accountant's ass. He needs it and he knows why. I'm 62 years old and have partial paralysis on the right side of my body as the result of a stroke I had last year but I'll put on the gloves and go as many rounds as it takes to whip his sorry ass. I'll wear my steel toe boots and try to get in a swift kick to his anal warts too.

When I'm finished with him, I'll take on Welch if he can stay sober. Name the time and place, boys, and I'll be there.
Walter. This isn't a good place for you. Spend time with friends & family. Picking internet fights are not going to improve your life. I wish you the best. And I know part of that is for you not to hang around pulling this shit.
Anybody know what this is all about? I was drunk last night, but I don't think I communicated to / about Walter. :think:

But yeah, Walter. What delurch said.

Don't expect any changes on my end. You are entirely welcomed to block me. I find you creepy, and often incoherent. I'll continue to respond to your comments as such. Just block me. I didn't mean to give you twitter ptsd man.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Is it just me or are all the rest of them being really quiet while Melody goes supernova?

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Yanbu wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Personally, I think Melody has either made up the PTSD thing or was told it by someone unqualified to diagnose such things. She claims to have given some sort of medical note to the CFI as proof that she is sick, but was it from an actual psychiatrist, or just some self-shingled "therapist"? Did the CFI even have her sign a standard release of information consent form so that they can verify the doc's letter is real? Every normal business does this sort of thing, but maybe CFI is just inexperienced with medical claims.
Over a career of over 30 yrs as an FP I've had dozens, possibly hundreds if patients come to me seeking a physician's statement for various benefits and/or disabilities for which I could find no justification and told them so. Then a few months later they'd come back for something unrelated and I'd learn they had gotten what they wanted from someone else. I'm sure you've had the same experience. Doctor shopping is almost a national sport. The surprising thing is how many of them continued to come to me for their primary care. Anyway, I don't know how Ms Hensley came by her diagnosis but I have no doubt she has whatever medical documentation she needs.
I'm not a doctor, but I have some experience with workplace/disability issues. I hadn't considered that Melody might be doctor shopping, but if she's done that, and has the paperwork (despite the doctor knowingly lying), then she'd qualify for any sick pay plan that CFI offers. False illness claims make me angry in the same way as false crime accusations. Both make it more difficult for real crime victims and illness sufferers to be believed. They also suck resources away from those who really need it.

It's nice to know that you don't lie for your patients. That's a very good thing.
This. I used to work as a staff member in a place where we provided a therapeutic social environment for adults with mental disability. These SJW's who go around using mental illness as some sort victim cred badge really fucking pisses me off. The mentally ill adults I'd tend to and deal with would give anything to be out of "the system".

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sunder wrote:
Richard Dworkins wrote:Yes I would say that either her practitioner is a charlatan, ethically challenged or she is lying either about the diagnosis or the cause.
I really don't want to impugn Hensley's therapist/psychiatrist/whatever when we have absolutely nothing to go on.

I do know that psychiatrists aren't supposed to be combative with their patients, so even if she outright said something as stupid as "Twitter gave me PTSD" to a shrink's face they can't outright say "That is the stupidest bullshit I have ever heard."
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135 ... rSide1.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

rayshul wrote:Is it just me or are all the rest of them being really quiet while Melody goes supernova?
Girl power.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

rayshul wrote:Is it just me or are all the rest of them being really quiet while Melody goes supernova?

They're outnumbered by bullies from outside of their safe, familiar little world of middle class, college-educated progressive atheists. Being able to hear a loud racket outside of their echo chamber for once probably scares them a bit. I imagine RW is shuddering at the thought that "this could've been me" after helping pave the way for Melody's antics.

If the phrase "witch of the week" starts appearing regularly on her Twitter account the circle will be complete. Well, maybe not, but I'll smile anyhow.

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

Skep tickle wrote:Miri link tally up over 140 now.

If it gets to $1000, she could become a philanthropist-level member of Secular Woman and get, among other gifts, a Sulry [sic].
surlies make everyone sic

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Girl power.
In spite of the fact that at times they seem to have no sense of self-preservation, to paraphrase that saying, never ascribe to cojones what can be attributed to cluelessness. I think they actually have a pretty keen sense of self-preservation when it comes to actual, mainstream media outrage. They probably realize that if this thing explodes, it could sweep them all away like the blast from a nuclear bomb. Greater adversaries than Hensley have found their Waterloo in crossing the military, Joseph McCarthy, to name one. Or rather, crossing military vets, whom the public consider off-limits.

They'll stay relatively quiet until they think they're clear, then they'll strap on their Internet balls and make a great show of it.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

SpokesGay's gone full Godwin! Not at anyone, of course. He's just calling out for attention.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

We interrupt you regular programme for some fascinating Natural History.
The cuckoo has hit on the mother of all adaptations, a phenomenon called brood parasitism. Instead of spending huge amounts of time building a nest, brooding eggs, and feeding the voracious young until they fledge, the female cuckoo recruits an individual of another bird species to do all the work for her—a full-time babysitter. That way, the cuckoo can use its time and resources maximizing its reproductive effort without the enormous expense of childcare.
A female cuckoo simply lays one egg in the nest of another species, say a reed warbler or a dunnock, where there is already a clutch of eggs. The cuckoo’s egg then nestles inconspicuously among the others. Inconspicuously? Yes, for the female cuckoo lays an egg that mimics pretty well the other eggs in the nest, so the foster mother can’t easily detect the intrusion.
(...)
What happens next is sad, but a remarkable adaptation showing nature in all its red toothiness and clawdom. The cuckoo chick hatches and proceeds to destroy all its competitors—the other eggs and chicks—leaving it the sole recipient of foster care.
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... us-cuckoo/

It occurred to me that the SJWs are the cuckoos of the a/s community. They don't actually care about atheism and scepticism, as is demonstrated by their disparaging of 'dictionary atheism' and 'bigfoot skepticism'. These parasites use the community as a platform to gain influence and to spread their neo-Marxist identitarian radfem dogma. They feed off organisations like AA and CFI and relentlessly try to push the original inhabitants of the nest over the edge, the likes of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Shermer and, yes, Radford.

And that is all the background you need to understand the following shoop.

http://i.imgur.com/1oycb5W.jpg

Unlike real cuckoos, though, who at least have an evocative call and attractive plumage, the SJWs have no redeeming features. They're just ugly, useless parasites.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Girl power.
In spite of the fact that at times they seem to have no sense of self-preservation, to paraphrase that saying, never ascribe to cojones what can be attributed to cluelessness. I think they actually have a pretty keen sense of self-preservation when it comes to actual, mainstream media outrage. They probably realize that if this thing explodes, it could sweep them all away like the blast from a nuclear bomb. Greater adversaries than Hensley have found their Waterloo in crossing the military, Joseph McCarthy, to name one. Or rather, crossing military vets, whom the public consider off-limits.

They'll stay relatively quiet until they think they're clear, then they'll strap on their Internet balls and make a great show of it.
Oolon is still running his stupid monkey mouth, but I do think he's been quieter than usual. I just love how he's kinder to the REAL assholes than he is to his "fellow" skeptics.

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

JacquesCuze wrote:Ah, hot from twitter, a coherent explanation of shemalegate.

Trigger Warning [Serious]: Link goes to BoingBoing

http://boingboing.net/2014/04/04/rupaul.html
http://i.imgur.com/LPBNOGH.jpg
http://boingboing.net/2014/04/04/rupaul.html
article introduced me to the term 'smugfuckery'

worth reading just for that

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Maybe they just don't actually give a shit about Melody.

She did say that she felt left out of their mean girls clique.

Maybe none of them give a flying shit.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Hunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Girl power.

Even the most clueless of the SJW must realize that Ms. Hensley has gotten herself into an unwinnable battle. Which among them would be insane enough to go up against these kinds of responses:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I think the notion of a 'safe space' has been blown to smithereens. Good. It's a stupid, unrealistic idea in the first place.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2014/04/1 ... a-twitter/

Gives rundown on PTSD then supports claim that psychological trauma can cause PTSD.

Like Miri, doesn't address the common theme running through the literature on PTSD, AFAICT, about the inability to get away from the source of ongoing trauma (including from bullying in workplace or school) as being key - e.g. the involuntary nature of the exposure - plus avoidant behavior after trauma, or onset of ongoing trauma - also being key in the diagnostic criteria.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

feralandproud wrote: SpokesGay's gone full Godwin! Not at anyone, of course. He's just calling out for attention.
Its a little known fact but Ernst Rohm and his SA were at their worst on Twitter. They were known to Photoshop their targets into porn, and the names that they called people had spash damage.

Really?

Post by Really? »

feralandproud wrote: SpokesGay's gone full Godwin! Not at anyone, of course. He's just calling out for attention.
Equal time for the opposing viewpoint.
(Reminds me of Beckybooze when she told us we were worse than rape threats.)

Apples

Post by Apples »

Jan Steen wrote:It occurred to me that the SJWs are the cuckoos of the a/s community. They don't actually care about atheism and scepticism, as is demonstrated by their disparaging of 'dictionary atheism' and 'bigfoot skepticism'. These parasites use the community as a platform to gain influence and to spread their neo-Marxist identitarian radfem dogma. They feed off organisations like AA and CFI and relentlessly try to push the original inhabitants of the nest over the edge, the likes of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, Shermer and, yes, Radford.

And that is all the background you need to understand the following shoop.

http://i.imgur.com/1oycb5W.jpg
Beautiful.

Apples

Post by Apples »

You know, he has a point - It all makes sense if you realize that AVfM, the Spearchuck, and Vets Without Legs are, within the decade, probably going to take over Congress and the White House, purge all women from government, invade Bermuda, annex English-speaking Montreal, and round up the feminist twittertwati for liquidation in concentration camps.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Skep tickle wrote: [long and informative post about PTSD that shows MH, Miri, et al. are even more full of shit and despicable than I'd realized]
:clap: (make it a slow clap)

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Apples wrote:
You know, he has a point - It all makes sense if you realize that AVfM, the Spearchuck, and Vets Without Legs are, within the decade, probably going to take over Congress and the White House, purge all women from government, invade Bermuda, annex English-speaking Montreal, and round up the feminist twittertwati for liquidation in concentration camps.
Inshallah

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Oh, but PeeZus claims that Miri is using actual science, and the rest of us are ignoring the evidence:

<snip paragraph about the Amanda Todd case>

I pointed out back then that some members of the atheist community have a vile lack of empathy. I will mention it again. Miri rages against the online idiots who insist that internet activity can’t really do psychological harm — they diagnose freely over the internet, and claim that you can’t possibly develop stress disorders from the bullying tactics of the usual slymey suspects — Miri tears that argument up with basic scientific facts from the field of psychology (remember the days when skeptics at least paid lip service to science?)
I’m just going to point to Amanda Todd. Her death wasn’t virtual.

I’m also baffled by the reasoning: if it’s not ‘real’, if the only activities that can have a direct effect on someone’s sense of well-being are face-to-face, a punch in the nose, a bomb going off…then what the hell are you doing harassing people on the internet in the first place? Smart people who find themselves doing things over and over that they sincerely believe don’t work will stop doing them. I am compelled to believe that either they’re very stupid, or they are lying when they claim that their activities can’t possibly have an effect. Or both.
Regarding Melody and her Twitterpocalypse ... we didn't start the fire.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:Please. We troll simply by existing.
I'm a certified Reiki-Troll Master.

Did you just feel that?

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Give them time.

My guess is they're going to blame all this on Ron Lindsay - "Why didn't you protect your PTSD suffering employees you white, male, privileged fuck?" etc.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

Once again, the thing is, they've already got all the bases covered thanks to their victim culture bullshit. The minute someone says something like, "Well, if twitter exacerbates your 'PTSD', maybe you should...i dunno...STAY THE FUCK OFF OF TWITTER?!" it becomes "How dare these shitlords try to shame and blame this poor brutalized woman." It also conveniently ignores the fact that SHE started all this sshit to begin with.

Guestus Aurelius

Skep tickle wrote:http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2014/04/1 ... a-twitter/

Gives rundown on PTSD then supports claim that psychological trauma can cause PTSD.

Like Miri, doesn't address the common theme running through the literature on PTSD, AFAICT, about the inability to get away from the source of ongoing trauma (including from bullying in workplace or school) as being key - e.g. the involuntary nature of the exposure - plus avoidant behavior after trauma, or onset of ongoing trauma - also being key in the diagnostic criteria.
Maybe somebody should leave a comment on the post to that effect...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Apples wrote:I may also ... sue Stephanie Svan for being such a fucking bitch
That's a class action suit, for sure.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

PZ wrote:I’m also baffled by the reasoning: if it’s not ‘real’, if the only activities that can have a direct effect on someone’s sense of well-being are face-to-face, a punch in the nose, a bomb going off…then what the hell are you doing harassing people on the internet in the first place? Smart people who find themselves doing things over and over that they sincerely believe don’t work will stop doing them. I am compelled to believe that either they’re very stupid, or they are lying when they claim that their activities can’t possibly have an effect. Or both.
No, dumbass, there's a vast middle ground between "PTSD" and "no effect at all."

For example you typing the stupidest shit I've ever had the displeasure to read has the ability to make me extremely angry, but it isn't going to give me a mental disorder.

Guestus Aurelius

BarnOwl wrote:Oh, but PeeZus claims that Miri is using actual science, and the rest of us are ignoring the evidence:

<snip paragraph about the Amanda Todd case>

I pointed out back then that some members of the atheist community have a vile lack of empathy. I will mention it again. Miri rages against the online idiots who insist that internet activity can’t really do psychological harm — they diagnose freely over the internet, and claim that you can’t possibly develop stress disorders from the bullying tactics of the usual slymey suspects — Miri tears that argument up with basic scientific facts from the field of psychology (remember the days when skeptics at least paid lip service to science?)
I’m just going to point to Amanda Todd. Her death wasn’t virtual.

I’m also baffled by the reasoning: if it’s not ‘real’, if the only activities that can have a direct effect on someone’s sense of well-being are face-to-face, a punch in the nose, a bomb going off…then what the hell are you doing harassing people on the internet in the first place? Smart people who find themselves doing things over and over that they sincerely believe don’t work will stop doing them. I am compelled to believe that either they’re very stupid, or they are lying when they claim that their activities can’t possibly have an effect. Or both.
Regarding Melody and her Twitterpocalypse ... we didn't start the fire.
Also, if he really believes that, maybe he should stop fostering an environment wherein dissenters are branded as worthless scum of the earth. If anyone in the A/S "community" risks damaging others psychologically through online activity, it's PZ and the team of assholes he captains.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote:Its a little known fact but Ernst Rohm and his SA were at their worst on Twitter. They were known to Photoshop their targets into porn, and the names that they called people had spash damage.
The SA were notorious cross-dressers. Melody's "tranny" twits are just righteous anti-fascism.

spiffigt

Post by spiffigt »

deLurch wrote:
Apples wrote:she tops it off in spectacular fashion by bringing an Internet apocalypse on herself, most likely permanently destroying, for all time, any chance that she could be seen as a desirable and prudent person to hire, in any white collar environment. Well played, Smellody. You may never have a good reason to get off the couch again, which should free up plenty of time for Twitter.
You are right. I can't think of any employer that has access to google would ever want to hire her. Would you want to hire someone who claims she developed PTSD from twitter and was bed ridden due to it? I can't even imagine that feminist organizations would be foolish enough to hire her.

She better hold on to this job because it is the last one she will ever have.

So what options does she have left.
1. Death grip on this job.
2. Be supported by her husband for the rest of her life / stay at home wife
3. Work for herself & hope clients don't google her. Maybe she should start cranking out surlies.
4. Drop the shit out of her current nonsense. Get her ass in gear and become the best most amazing employee so that her current reputation becomes superseded by this current 3-ring circus act she has going.
5. Work as a cashier in a convenience store or other (blue collar) work were employers are unlikely to google applicants.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Isn't this the day that they nailed Peezus to the crock cross?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Alternate theory to explain the relative silence on behalf of the crazies. They're fighting wars on MANY fronts. At first, it was just Beckybooze and Elevatorgate.

Now they're fighting Shermer, Radford, Krauss, Nye, Silverman and everyone else for all kinds of sexual crimes.

They're pretending they still give a shit about skepticism while simultaneously SJWing.

They're working on their safe space conferences that have more speakers than attendees.

They're coping with FTB's slow decline.

Peezus, as he pointed out, has a number of legal actions in his lap.

They just shepherded a biter to 60 grand in her fundraiser.

You can't engage in a ground invasion of Britain if you're occupying France, Belgium, Austria, Poland and all the rest while sending millions of soldiers into the Russian winter.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Peezus died for your schisms sins.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Yay!! Here comes the US Cavalry Calvary.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Peezus being his usual hypocrititical self yet again:
If the concern about harassment and bullying is negligible, WHY ARE THEY PROTECTING THE IDENTITY OF THE ACCUSED? Note that I’m not saying an alleged perpetrator should be exposed, but it does seem to say that the law recognizes that the social stigma of being associated with these vile acts is so great that the person should be shielded from it. It is implicit in the law that being targeted with words, accusations, and threats should not be done lightly.
His apologists will probably argue that Peezus did not publish the accusations against Shermer lightly. After all, he vaguely knew the accuser.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

What I find mildly amusing is that first Stollznow publishes her bit in SA, then PZ drops the Shermer bomb, taking attention away from her. Now, she goes all "fund me!" And, once again, gets upstaged by the antics of another baboon. She just can't win (hopefully, if the allegations against her are true).

Apples

Post by Apples »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Apples wrote:I may also ... sue Stephanie Svan for being such a fucking bitch
That's a class action suit, for sure.
:D

Guestus Aurelius

One thing that bothers me about SJWs in general is that they claim to be all about standing up for the disenfranchised, but their focus is almost always on the West, where people are by and large the most tolerant of diversity of all kinds, and where living standards of even the least privileged are already the highest in the world.

See: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... countries/

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... ment_Index

I'm sick of the implications that I'm terribly sexist and racist because I'm a white man. I, along with most Westerners, am less sexist and less racist than the vast majority of people in the world. That doesn't mean I'm perfect,* and that doesn't mean that we're doing everything right,** but I think most of us are willing to have a conversation about what we can do better. I just don't take kindly to being yelled at by deranged fellow members of the most privileged group in the world (middle-class Westerners) who insist that I'm the great scourge of the world by accident of birth,*** when I'm demonstrably less violent, less prejudiced, and more open-minded than almost anyone who's ever lived.

Acceptance of "outsiders" is almost certainly not part of our evolved "human nature." It's obviously a good thing, but it's a relatively recent cultural development that we must be ever-vigilant to maintain. Much of the world isn't even there yet. If SJWs really cared about oppressed groups, they wouldn't limit their area of focus to the West. The West clearly does still have problems with racism and sexism and class, but FFS, I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who claims to be an advocate for oppressed groups but can't see the global forest of genuine oppression and persecution for the domestic trees of real but by any measure considerably less severe problems. If they want to focus on domestic issues, I have no problem with that (it's not like I'm doing anything to fix the world!), but if they want to be taken seriously they should at least pay lip service to having some degree of perspective.

*(I am perfect, but the topic at hand has nothing to do with it)

**(we're not)

***(original sin?)

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

There has always been this tension in Feminista and SJW circles between infantilizing adults and demanding children be given autonomy.

And I certainly don't know Amanda Todd or how she was brought up and I can only grieve for her and her parents, but at 14, the feminists are demanding she was old enough to be given access to birth control, to have an abortion without her parents knowledge, and the feminists would scream bloody murder at anyone suggesting 14 year olds might need *parental* guidance on this.

But apparently 14 is not old enough to be allowed to surf the web on your own.

Don't tell 14 year olds not to wear yoga pants to school.
Don't tell 18 year olds not to walk down alleys at night.
Don't tell 28 year olds not to drink so much.
And don't tell Melody Hensley to delete her twitter account.

(I wish I'd had evernote and freezepage at the time. There's a wonderful post out there by Amanda Marcotte where she actually comes out against lowering the voting age because kids aren't ready for it. I swear, it's there somewhere.)

So society is constantly working to both take away parental responsibility and then to blame the parents when things go wrong.

And the laws and schools don't help. I have a good friend with two very bright kids, but they have various emotional problems. Well, once they turn 18 and are off at college, their mom can't get their school records anymore, and the school "in loco parentis" never takes up the role of "in loco parentis". So the kids stumble in a class, and don't go to the next class, or the next. No one gives a shit. No one tells their mom. They're 18 and adults!

So now we have two bright adults in their early 20s, dropped out of college, social problems even worse than before. I guess it's my friend's fault for that.

Oh well, frustrated depressed rant over.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just checked and it looks like Miri wotsername donation is up to $348. I'm sure she won't back away from her promise, since we all know how dedicated the SJL are to their causes, and surely Miri wouldn't have been lying purely for effect. Would she?

:whistle: