Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
JacquesCuze

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by JacquesCuze »

Has the mykeru video been submitted to the jref forums or other skeptic hangouts?

I don't think facebook or google allow for ads for fundraising, I am not sure an ad can point to benrlegal.info directly because of that, but perhaps facebook or google ads can point to mykeru's memory hole page, or the avfm article.

Does paypay still allow donations? One thing that strikes me about the rockethub page is that to donate I first have to join and their "easy mode" join is via facebook. It might be easier to collect $10 at a time with a paypal donate button somewhere, if that meets the paypal guidelines....

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

JacquesCuze wrote:I don't think facebook or google allow for ads for fundraising, I am not sure an ad can point to benrlegal.info directly because of that, but perhaps facebook or google ads can point to mykeru's memory hole page, or the avfm article.
Hit rates on facebook ads & google ads are incredibly poor. You would spend more money on advertisement than you would bring back in.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JacquesCuze wrote:Has the mykeru video been submitted to the jref forums or other skeptic hangouts?
Oh dear. I really need to hear what the "high-roaders" at JREF think about it.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Lsuoma wrote:
avfmnews wrote:Tempest in the skeptic community: Radford vs. Stollznow

Tonight we are shouting out to the skeptic community to call in and discuss the Radfrod vs. Stollznow case. Radfords’ posting of extremely damning information regarding Stollznow’s claims of his sexual harassment of her has caused an uproar among both skeptics and men’s rights activists. While we cant have Radford himself on due to his pending lawsuit we can have just about anyone else on who wants to talk about it.

This case is perceived by many in the skeptic community to be of utmost importance as false accusations of harassment and sexual misconduct have plagued several prominent members of that movement. So please if you are a skeptic or an MRA join us!

The show will air at 9pm eastern time and the call in number will be announced then.

Showpage:

http://www.live365.com/stations/avoiceformen
Please do us a favor, and don't use the Pit for press-release type posts. This isn't a platform for aces you wish to grind, you have your own website for that. Feel free to comment, chat, have fun, but I don't like to see this type of post here, since it could give some folks the impression that the Pit supports your platform and some if the batshit lunatic stuff that comes from AVFM.

Thanks.
Here, take a pill, it isn't red, but it has a big E imprinted on it, will make you feel the love

[youtube]v=zZaiB9jYCxI[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Fluck

[youtube]zZaiB9jYCxI[/youtube]

Southern

Post by Southern »

Za-zen wrote:Would have went on the AVFM show, but it turns out yo be too late for a gmt'er, probably not a bad thing either, as their listeners may have been subjected to a drunken chorus of cunt,cunt,cunt.
Did Cunt get into the show?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JacquesCuze wrote:
Mykeru, maybe you can get in touch with Rogan, see if you can get some portion of the material onto his show.
Got this:
Give him time to look into it.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Jonathan wrote:
Damion Reinhardt ‏@D4M10N Protected Tweets 31m
@skepteaser If you're going to talk shit, have the sack to say it to me.
A strange comment from a guy who protects his tweets to prevent any but the Chosen reading them.
And it's from someone who will run away when actually presented with evidence. He sure can talk the talk, but he can't even get onto his feet to walk the walk.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

deLurch wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:I don't think facebook or google allow for ads for fundraising, I am not sure an ad can point to benrlegal.info directly because of that, but perhaps facebook or google ads can point to mykeru's memory hole page, or the avfm article.
Hit rates on facebook ads & google ads are incredibly poor. You would spend more money on advertisement than you would bring back in.
Probably true. I am still working from the playbook of the folks that advertised for dropbox with their own referral links and got 16gb of free space way back when...

Southern

Post by Southern »

Lsuoma wrote:
avfmnews wrote:Tempest in the skeptic community: Radford vs. Stollznow

Tonight we are shouting out to the skeptic community to call in and discuss the Radfrod vs. Stollznow case. Radfords’ posting of extremely damning information regarding Stollznow’s claims of his sexual harassment of her has caused an uproar among both skeptics and men’s rights activists. While we cant have Radford himself on due to his pending lawsuit we can have just about anyone else on who wants to talk about it.

This case is perceived by many in the skeptic community to be of utmost importance as false accusations of harassment and sexual misconduct have plagued several prominent members of that movement. So please if you are a skeptic or an MRA join us!

The show will air at 9pm eastern time and the call in number will be announced then.

Showpage:

http://www.live365.com/stations/avoiceformen
Please do us a favor, and don't use the Pit for press-release type posts. This isn't a platform for aces you wish to grind, you have your own website for that. Feel free to comment, chat, have fun, but I don't like to see this type of post here, since it could give some folks the impression that the Pit supports your platform and some if the batshit lunatic stuff that comes from AVFM.

Thanks.

I want to state that I will only support AVFM if they let Cunt call their podcast and give him at least 10 minutes of airplay.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Mykeru wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Has the mykeru video been submitted to the jref forums or other skeptic hangouts?
I think you can just ask Damion, it's probably the same thing.

But I really think you should correct your site, as someone mentioned earlier; Stollszowns did not, in fact, retracted anything.

decius

Post by decius »

Badger3k wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Damion Reinhardt ‏@D4M10N Protected Tweets 31m
@skepteaser If you're going to talk shit, have the sack to say it to me.
A strange comment from a guy who protects his tweets to prevent any but the Chosen reading them.
And it's from someone who will run away when actually presented with evidence. He sure can talk the talk, but he can't even get onto his feet to walk the walk.
I don't know if you can access the exchange, but here's my replies to him.

I'll ask him if I can screenshot the whole thing and post it here.

https://twitter.com/skepteaser/with_replies

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Mykeru wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Mykeru, maybe you can get in touch with Rogan, see if you can get some portion of the material onto his show.
Got this:
Hmmm.... I noticed you posted plenty of tweets with #skeptech. But if you do a search on the hashtag, none of them appear.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23skeptech&src=hash

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Southern wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
I think you can just ask Damion, it's probably the same thing.

But I really think you should correct your site, as someone mentioned earlier; Stollszowns did not, in fact, retracted anything.

Oh okay tonight

decius

Post by decius »

deLurch wrote: Hmmm.... I noticed you posted plenty of tweets with #skeptech. But if you do a search on the hashtag, none of them appear.

Same thing happened to me when I was bashing #Dubai for its cosmopolitan veneer concealing a tyrannical theocratic system.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Murky you need to score your video

[youtube]rwer1CiteBg[/youtube]

decius

Post by decius »

Damion denied permission to post the screenshot here, accusing me of "calling for Pit's backup".

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

decius wrote:Damion denied permission to post the screenshot here, accusing me of "calling for Pit's backup".
Nothing like knowing that your opponent has confidence in the strength of his arguments.

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Got this:
Hmmm.... I noticed you posted plenty of tweets with #skeptech. But if you do a search on the hashtag, none of them appear.

I am seeing them if you click "All."

Can you really get tweets off of a hashtag if you don't like them? Isn't their hash spam bot enough?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jonathan wrote:
decius wrote:Damion denied permission to post the screenshot here, accusing me of "calling for Pit's backup".
Nothing like knowing that your opponent has confidence in the strength of his arguments.
What arguments? He has a walled garden of his own ideas. He could put for the most enlightening of concepts, or the vilest of shit and very few people would ever know.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Mykeru wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
Got this:
:clap:

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I have asked the demon for permission to enter the garden

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Za-zen wrote:I have asked the demon for permission to enter the garden
And lo! The angel with the flaming sword didst bar thy path unto the garden.

Or something like that, probably.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

It's actually kinda boring. Every once in a while he'll pull a "gotcha", but basically just like he is here. Imply much, SAY nothing. (Hi Damion, if you're here on a sock :dance: )

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:
deLurch wrote:Hmmm.... I noticed you posted plenty of tweets with #skeptech. But if you do a search on the hashtag, none of them appear.

I am seeing them if you click "All."

Can you really get tweets off of a hashtag if you don't like them? Isn't their hash spam bot enough?
OK. I see them too now. I guess the TOP vs. ALL is separated by the number of retweets & favorites a tweet gets.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Jonathan wrote:

Then the adventurer did roll a six and cast the flaming sword from the angels hand with his disrobe spell

Southern

Post by Southern »

Damion looks like a serial child molester, so it's probably a good thing he doesn't post here anymore.

Git

Post by Git »

in other news, someone posted a link to a Sy Hersh article a while back claiming the Syrian gas attacks were the works of the Syrian Opposition. Turns out Hersh, who is a founding member of the Oliver Stone School of International Analysis and Rubbish-Mongering has beclowned himself yet again:

http://guests.armscontrolwonk.com/archi ... t-it-wrong

Git

Post by Git »

Jonathan wrote:

Roll for initiative.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Git wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

Roll for initiative.
I only have experience with Warhammer and 40K so I'm starting to feel like a lascannon needs to be involved somehow.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

[youtube]CAkdWUjdJyA[/youtube]

Makes me want to annex this city...

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Wow. So, if you went ahead and post them anyway, will he cry? Maybe make a DCMA claim, or stop talking at you (since we know he can't talk with someone)?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Time for a musical interlude. Last night I went to see one of my favourite live performers Ian Siegal play a solo show in a local venue. Displaying some great guitar and vocals and the ability to sink Elyse-like quantities of red wine during the show.

[youtube]9ftVislgrM8[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Plus, someone needs to tell Brave Sir Robin, I mean Damion, that we're eagerly awaiting his replies to the Defense Fund thread. Surely he's looked at the evidence by now?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mykeru wrote:
You know, that's a good idea in there: To do a graphical version of Radford's Response page covering the key points and timeline (Brive?) for people who may not slog through the reading and mental compilation required.

I even have a title: The Case Against Karen Stollznow

I just have to finish my 3/4 completed "P.Z. Myers and the Art of Shameless Hypocrisy". The problem there is, I find that I can only work on P.Z. in bursts, otherwise my IQ drops so low I end up shit-wanking and ordering stuff from the Home Shopping Channel.
Mykeru, have you no mercy?

(To all, that graphic is my actual working timeline ..... and suggests some interesting things)

http://i.imgur.com/jvJXW0q.jpg

decius

Post by decius »

Badger3k wrote:
Wow. So, if you went ahead and post them anyway, will he cry? Maybe make a DCMA claim, or stop talking at you (since we know he can't talk with someone)?

Sorry, just not my style. But I'm whipping his arse, no worry.

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

decius wrote:
Badger3k wrote:

Sorry, just not my style. But I'm whipping his arse, no worry.
YOU ARE! Seriously, I don't know where you guys get the patience to deal with all this nonsense. I've always been a firm believer in "say what you mean, mean what you say".

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Git wrote:in other news, someone posted a link to a Sy Hersh article a while back claiming the Syrian gas attacks were the works of the Syrian Opposition. Turns out Hersh, who is a founding member of the Oliver Stone School of International Analysis and Rubbish-Mongering has beclowned himself yet again:

Hersh appears to be going senile. From what I've seen it appears that his sources are Syrian government mouthpieces like this guy:
http://www.syrianperspective.com/
It appears he has thrown out common sense and entirely dismisses any evidence that doesn't sound like anti-western conspiracy theory.
He's so far over the edge I doubt even Russia Today would hire him.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
You know, that's a good idea in there: To do a graphical version of Radford's Response page covering the key points and timeline (Brive?) for people who may not slog through the reading and mental compilation required.

I just have to finish my 3/4 completed "P.Z. Myers and the Art of Shameless Hypocrisy". The problem there is, I find that I can only work on P.Z. in bursts, otherwise my IQ drops so low I end up shit-wanking and ordering stuff from the Home Shopping Channel.

(To all, that graphic is my actual working timeline ..... and suggests some interesting things)

I somehow missed the timeline...you didn't post it yet? It looks interesting.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I have a sad Demon won't let me in to play

feralandproud

Post by feralandproud »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I think it's comin' :popcorn:

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

feralandproud wrote::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I think it's comin' :popcorn:
What is?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Za-zen wrote:I have a sad Demon won't let me in to play
Did you roll double ones? Always hate that.

welch

Post by welch »

decius wrote:Welch, I don't know how to clarify the difference any better.

But a commitment to a philosophical framework is akin to any statement, or set of statements. It is logically consistent when it involves no contradiction.

Since scientific scepticism relies on reason, critical thinking, scientific method and testable evidence, behaviours that defy commitment to any of the above necessarily introduce a contradiction.

Stealing, per se, does not involve tampering with evidence or forsaking reason, critical thinking or the scientific method.

It is reprehensible, but not antithetical to the mission statement.
Because your basic logic in defending this is, to wit, fucked. You're seriously trying to tell me that a thief is better able to be a bastion of viable scientific scepticism than a liar. Even though, honestly, there's an inherent lie in stealing. Because it's not like you represent the stolen goods as stolen. Well, you might, but then you'd be the world's stupidest thief.

"Why no Officer, that is not actually my motorcycle. I stole the fucker. I mean, I'm a thief, but i'm not a LIAR."
"What's that boss? Oh shit no, that's not my idea. I stole it from Jill in IT. After all, I'm not a LIAR"

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? Thieves *lie*. It's how you are successful.

The fact that you are working so hard to create some great difference between being a thief and a liar is just gobsmacking.

although it is useful, as once again, it demonstrates how a third-rate carny like Watson continues to get paid.

(and before you blithely go letting dunning off the hook, let's look at what he did. Part of it was a cookie stuffing scheme. What's that? Well, it's a way you commit fraud by adding cookies to a user's browser that results in additional/greater payoff for things like affiliate sites. Which means the wrong person can get the credit. That's what we also call "fraud", or "lying". Here, a good overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_stuffing . Ars also had a good writeup of it: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... from-ebay/ So please, spare me the "HE DIDN'T LIE" shit. )

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

I will do, have a couple of dates to add, I see it as my Venus Fly Trap for info in context.

I think the trick is to recognise there are three tracks. BR, KS and immutable real world events like marriages, TAMs, Investigations etc. The challenge is to contrast these tracks simply enough for casual inspection but with enough detail to persuade. Personally I think to the whole thing can be broken down into 6 or 7 conceptual chunks.

In a nutshell I reckon:

The 'proper relationship' did die in 2009
The hotel tryst was Karen trying to reset it
TAM argument was her realisation that this wasn't going to happen outside casual sex
Her Post TAM sex offers were as much about her arguments with Baxter than anything else
BR became the scapegoat for the KS/Baxter relationship & he became common enemy
He was told to but out post marriage and largely did
18 months later, when KS was professionally challenged she used all this to fight back against BR
When CFI wouldn't play and she 'lost' she turned SJL on both BR and CFI in a passive aggressive way
SJL made it simply "aggressive"

And here we are.

welch

Post by welch »

deLurch wrote:

Only if you're like most people and go with a "build it and they will come" attitude. As it turns out you can get a lot out of FB and google ads, but it's a lot of work and you spend a lot of time with Excel doing data analysis.

welch

Post by welch »

JacquesCuze wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Probably true. I am still working from the playbook of the folks that advertised for dropbox with their own referral links and got 16gb of free space way back when...
Dropbox did things right. They have a good product that people like, and their affiliate program is simple. "Hey, since you want to use DB anyway, here use this code, and that way I, a person you know, also gets something out of it."

It's brilliant stuff. Too bad their enterprise product pricing is so high.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
Really? wrote:
I will do, have a couple of dates to add, I see it as my Venus Fly Trap for info in context.

I think the trick is to recognise there are three tracks. BR, KS and immutable real world events like marriages, TAMs, Investigations etc. The challenge is to contrast these tracks simply enough for casual inspection but with enough detail to persuade. Personally I think to the whole thing can be broken down into 6 or 7 conceptual chunks.

In a nutshell I reckon:

TAM argument was her realisation that this wasn't going to happen outside casual sex
Her Post TAM sex offers were as much about her arguments with Baxter than anything else
18 months later, when KS was professionally challenged she used all this to fight back against BR
When CFI wouldn't play and she 'lost' she turned SJL on both BR and CFI in a passive aggressive way

And here we are.
Well, we are all waiting with bated breath. :music-rockout:

spiffigt

Post by spiffigt »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:[.youtube]CAkdWUjdJyA[/youtube]

Makes me want to annex this city...
Don't believe all of the hype. While the inner city is beautiful and clean (for a big city) it's not all that.
The outer parts (suburbs) are pretty much awful in every way, unless you go for the really expensive ones.
A lot of the stuff he talks about is the same in all of Sweden.

(Not saying the Gothenburg is so much better than Stockholm but, hey...)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fine. Fine. Open in imgur here. http://i.imgur.com/So4D3cv.jpg

But there are gaps and clarifications to be made. KS email to DJ/JREF is an obvious issue.

Or put your glasses on and see below. As I said trick is now to logically compress the raw data into accessible sections.

I'm not as interested in post SA goings on as that's SJL add-on bastard acts. Relevant to the libel but not to the 'history' of what originally happened.

http://i.imgur.com/So4D3cv.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Git wrote:in other news, someone posted a link to a Sy Hersh article a while back claiming the Syrian gas attacks were the works of the Syrian Opposition. Turns out Hersh, who is a founding member of the Oliver Stone School of International Analysis and Rubbish-Mongering has beclowned himself yet again:

Hersh appears to be going senile. From what I've seen it appears that his sources are Syrian government mouthpieces like this guy:
http://www.syrianperspective.com/
It appears he has thrown out common sense and entirely dismisses any evidence that doesn't sound like anti-western conspiracy theory.
He's so far over the edge I doubt even Russia Today would hire him.
Lots of propaganda all over the place so no matter which way you lean you can find something to support it.

Here is an overview:

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/files/2013 ... hchart.jpg

(note that lots of details are missing)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

welch wrote:Ars also had a good writeup of it: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013 ... from-ebay/ So please, spare me the "HE DIDN'T LIE" shit. )
Thanks for the article link. So his program did not even display any ebay advertisements. Case closed for me.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Brive1987 wrote:
In a nutshell I reckon:

And here we are.
I noted to BaxDuh the Chris Rock bit about...well, watch it @5:00 in:

[youtube]M902ZJHzaLE[/youtube]

Let me put it in these terms. I broke my ankle years ago and had to hobble around with a cane. Getting on the metro without someone tripping me was difficult, but trying to get a seat was the worst. You think some self-absorbed 20-something chick is going to unseat herself for a guy caning his way in, even if she's sitting in the handicapped seats? No. And then they would get their look on their faces. I finally figured out what it was: I was hurting and they knew it. But they didn't want to give up a seat. Which made them feel bad. I was the reason they felt bad. Which meant I was an asshole. How dare I?

Stollznow had that going on: Radford was an asshole for not pursuing her. She also thinks her husband is an asshole because she settled for him. When she thinks about that she blames Radford, which makes him and even bigger asshole. But although she might smack around the hubby some, she still needs him as her consolation prize and general dog to kick. Also, dick. So it's Radford that has to be useful and be punished for being an asshole by sticking her with this other asshole.

And, to her, the one constant in her fucked up relationships are these asshole guys rather than, say, her.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Brive1987 wrote:Fine. Fine. Open in imgur here. http://i.imgur.com/So4D3cv.jpg
God DAMN, that is all kinds of amazing. With your permission, or without, this should be forwarded to the right people.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Brive, where does Stollznow's arrest for DV fit in? I may need to get my glasses.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sure, and thanks. Bits need to go like the 2012 "possible harassment" note. I'll update this AM and repost.

Plus I have some ideas for a similar but different presentation with simpler story paragraphs plus breakouts linking to actual emails for detail. But I'd need somewhere to store / host the HTML.

I love the way Canucks timeline starts in August 2013.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The text on that image is a little hard to read. Can you throw that up in a google spreadsheet or something like that. I am still trying to sort everything out.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mykeru wrote:Brive, where does Stollznow's arrest for DV fit in? I may need to get my glasses.
September 7 2010.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
The text on that image is a little hard to read. Can you throw that up in a google spreadsheet or something like that. I am still trying to sort everything out.
I'd be happy to post the excel file if I could be confident the meta data had been fully taken out ...

I have it printed in colour on A3 and it's still a bit complex.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
deLurch wrote:
I'd be happy to post the excel file if I could be confident the meta data had been fully taken out ...

I have it printed in colour on A3 and it's still a bit complex.
A thing of beauty!

Export it as a CSV - there should be no metadata in there. However, if you export as CSV, open in a text editor, then save as a different named text file you should be cool. If you have access to a Unix system, you could also run it through the strings command if you're super paranoid.