Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by John Greg »

Personally, I love this wee pile of fermented rutabaga (http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... rd-stupid/) -- it's his 12th paragraph:
Intersectionality — of the sort that people here at Freethought Blogs, and Skepchick and the Atheism Plus forums, and that every other sympathetic humanist skeptical blogger espouses — implicitly demands an extremely high level of empathy. We have to be willing to put ourselves in others’ shoes and recognize that the language used against them may carry too much cultural baggage in one specific direction, and recognize that their fights should also be our fights if we imagine ourselves to be any sort of decent humanists. Therein lies the problem. We are supposed to be empathetic individuals — how dare we not have empathy for every fight?
Jason, Jason, Jason, how, seriously, how on Earth can you still tie your shoelaces when you are so underburdened with smarts as to believe such utter, total, complete bollocks.

My, my, my. Clowns is as clowns does.

Hmm. Maybe he wears slip-ons.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

bhoytony wrote:I see Flewellyn is over there on LOusy Cunt's blog suggesting insults that are ok to use. One is "assbutt", isn't that like calling someone dickcock? Here's one that xe seems very proud of:
I also once referred to someone as a “walking polyp shat from the colon of a leprotic demon
How ableist, won't somebody think of the lepers.
Flewellyn loves the term Blockhead, I've heard this used as a racial slur for Germans and the urban dict. says it refers to a woman who blows a lot of guys. Where does this stuff end.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

bhoytony wrote:I see Flewellyn is over there on LOusy Cunt's blog suggesting insults that are ok to use. One is "assbutt", isn't that like calling someone dickcock? Here's one that xe seems very proud of:
I also once referred to someone as a “walking polyp shat from the colon of a leprotic demon
"Assbutt" is very ableist towards people who don't have butts, or who have their butts where their heads should be, or who talk out of their butts, or who prefer to have penises in their butts rather than asses.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

bhoytony wrote: You can't parody these fucking idiots. I loved this bit:
no elaborate prep, as I get confused & then pass out before I eat the food
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rollingyellow:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Now, on Lousy's thread - look at these two posts from Flewellyn
Flewellyn
February 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm CST (UTC -6) Link to this comment
I think trying to portray as outside agitators trying to split the movement in your opening comes across as mighty dismissive of the people who were upset in the first place.
I believe you misread that. My read of the post intro was “the Slymepitters are rubbing their hands with glee because two groups of people they hate are arguing with each other”. In other words, not the people who were upset, but the rectal haberdashers who wait on the sidelines to come kick people when they’re down, like vultures. Hmm…my analogies need work.
Flewellyn
February 17, 2014 at 5:20 pm CST (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Aaaand we have conflation of “what you did” with “who you are”. Joe, you’re capable of more nuanced thought than that. I was noting that the words you said sounded rather Pitty, not that you were just like the Slymepitters.

Now, two questions for you:

First, what on Earth makes you think this is about “gatekeeping of allowable words”? I think that’s more than a bit hyperbolic, as well as shifting the focus away from where it should be, i.e., empathizing with people’s hurts, and onto some kind of “freedom of speech” tangent.

And second, why do you dismiss the notion that the people who objected to ableist language were being sincere, and may well have a point? Why do you immediately jump to “lack of logic and common sense”, “sanctimonious and holier-than-thou”, and “power-tripping”? That’s disingenuous.
You see here, he's trying out his more acceptable forms of insult - 'rectal haberdashers', and referring to Doh!s statements as disingenuous - and only succeeds in offering the kind of strained, twee, polite ladies-knitting-circle invective that would ordinarily make me think he had taken up Dan Fincke's Civility Pledge. :lol:

Even funnier - this SJW autoshitstorm started up with a card whose so-called ableist slurs were directed at those who apparently wished to silence FTB, FemFreq & Skepchick by way of that DDoS attack - when it is very far from certain that those behind the attack had any particular beef with those sites at all. :lol:

I could almost say...the stupid, it burns.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Here's Septic Sally's fave:

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7025/8i2s.png

Isn't dense in this context just another word for stupid? I think Sally is too stupid to realise this fact.

Still, it's a brammer insuIt. I might use that one down the pub if I catch someone looking at my bird.

Apples

Post by Apples »

James Caruthers wrote:
"Assbutt" is very ableist towards people who don't have butts, or who have their butts where their heads should be, or who talk out of their butts, or who prefer to have penises in their butts rather than asses.
And this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/nRsb4vg.jpg

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/man-no-butt/

Garlic

Post by Garlic »

Kassiane is apparently following a ketogenic diet, which seems to be effective in reducing epileptic seizures.

I hope she's nicer with her doctors than with the internet.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

James Caruthers wrote: Someone more talented than I should seriously make a video documenting this hilarious slapfight.
I'm imagining the food fight scene from Animal House, set to emo music.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Now, on Lousy's thread - look at these two posts from Flewellyn
Flewellyn
I think trying to portray as outside agitators trying to split the movement in your opening comes across as mighty dismissive of the people who were upset in the first place.
I believe you misread that. My read of the post intro was “the Slymepitters are rubbing their hands with glee because two groups of people they hate are arguing with each other”. In other words, not the people who were upset, but the rectal haberdashers who wait on the sidelines to come kick people when they’re down, like vultures. Hmm…my analogies need work.
Flewellyn
February 17, 2014 at 5:20 pm CST (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Aaaand we have conflation of “what you did” with “who you are”. Joe, you’re capable of more nuanced thought than that. I was noting that the words you said sounded rather Pitty, not that you were just like the Slymepitters.

Now, two questions for you:

First, what on Earth makes you think this is about “gatekeeping of allowable words”? I think that’s more than a bit hyperbolic, as well as shifting the focus away from where it should be, i.e., empathizing with people’s hurts, and onto some kind of “freedom of speech” tangent.

And second, why do you dismiss the notion that the people who objected to ableist language were being sincere, and may well have a point? Why do you immediately jump to “lack of logic and common sense”, “sanctimonious and holier-than-thou”, and “power-tripping”? That’s disingenuous.
You see here, he's trying out his more acceptable forms of insult - 'rectal haberdashers', and referring to Doh!s statements as disingenuous - and only succeeds in offering the kind of strained, twee, polite ladies-knitting-circle invective that would ordinarily make me think he had taken up Dan Fincke's Civility Pledge. :lol:

Even funnier - this SJW autoshitstorm started up with a card whose so-called ableist slurs were directed at those who apparently wished to silence FTB, FemFreq & Skepchick by way of that DDoS attack - when it is very far from certain that those behind the attack had any particular beef with those sites at all. :lol:

I could almost say...the stupid, it burns.
Apropos of nothing in particular:
Flewellyn says:
April 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Jadehawk, I have a question: why is this idiot still here?

Steersman has never contributed anything of value to any comments thread. Perhaps time to take out the trash?
:whistle: :shifty: :think:

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

A+ genius Flewellyn agrees with Kassiane that saying "I'm surprised you remember to breath" is horribly ableist. However, when he tries think of acceptable alternatives, he comes up with (among other things):
“asshat” and synonyms, such as “rectal haberdasher” or “anal milliner”, and “asshattery” is a wonderful descriptor of behavior (modify the other variants likewise for fun and profit)./quote]

It doesn't occur to him that this may be triggering to those who suffer from anal cancer. The clown makes this link even more tangible when he gleefully recalls one of his own witticisms:
I also once referred to someone as a “walking polyp shat from the colon of a leprotic demon”.
I'm sure people with a colon tumor will find this hilarious, not to mention lepers. But, hey, leprosy only occurs among poor brown third world people, so no offence, right, Oscar Wilde?

The hypocrisy is mind-blowing. Or is 'mind-blowing' ableist too?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Damn, it's getting fractious:

https://twitter.com/Grrmalkin/status/434143113385213952

Also WTF is this?

https://twitter.com/MelodyHensley/statu ... 3353177088

Do Surly Amy and Elyse the 'MoFo' realise how badly they're triggering Meloddity's PTSD here????

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Apples wrote:
Steersman wrote:Ok, guys and gals and otherkins, time to ’fess-up to this accusation, should any here be guilty of the charge, and post – On anger over the word “stupid” – from the inimitable Lousy Canuck:
Anti-social-justice folks are attempting to stir the pot and get so-called "big names" to throw down with one another right now. There's a definite sense of glee coming from certain parts, parts wherein people are evidently incapable of any sort of nuanced argumentation, where all they live for is the "drama" of people disagreeing with one another.
Fucking LOL. Thimbledick just can't stay away from the Pit.
Oh, he's hooked. "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Meanwhile, in his comments:

http://i.imgur.com/7WwT9v1.jpg

This will not end well!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Quotes fucked up and ninja'd. Great. :bjarte:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

James Caruthers wrote:Yeah, I was gonna post that Setar thing, but the surrounding comments were good as well. I don't know what "reject-list shit" is supposed to be. I'd understand and have some sympathy if his mom was forcing him to eat really horrible cuts of meat, with tons of gristle and fat (although he could have given his fat to Grimalkin). But it sounds like a big baby crying that his mom made him eat his peas before he could have some cake.
Fair point. I could totally sympathize if the young Setar was fed pickled pigs' feet. I thought it safe to assume that "reject list shit" meant certain unnamed vegetables, though, because it was a thread about how people shouldn't preach against eating meat. I can still sympathize a bit, I suppose, because I didn't always like eating vegetables as a child either, and sometimes that made meal time unpleasant. I still can't grok the tone, where feeding a kid veggies is somehow "bullshit". Maybe if you reject the notion that eating a diet with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals is actually necessary for children then you can arrive at a stance where such a practice is arbitrary cruelty.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
welch wrote:
comslave wrote:NTP Reflection is an attack against a server, not a site. Still not enough here to justify their victim stance.

You know that sites live on servers, right? And if you attack the server viciously enough, you consume sufficient resources that the server is unable to service requests, right?

I'm beginning to wonder, in the quest for who knows the least about how networking and the internet works, who is actually winning.
That would be me. Yes, definitely me.
Multiple sites can live on one server. The question stands. How many hosts did this server have and what right do they have to claim to be the primary target?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

real horrorshow wrote:
Apples wrote:
Steersman wrote:Ok, guys and gals and otherkins, time to ’fess-up to this accusation, should any here be guilty of the charge, and post – On anger over the word “stupid” – from the inimitable Lousy Canuck: ....
Oh, he's hooked. "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Meanwhile, in his comments:

http://i.imgur.com/7WwT9v1.jpg

This will not end well!
I expect that that quoted “civil” is a reference to Ashley Miller’s characterization of my comments on her blog, and my own recent reference thereto.

Although it might also be a general reference as well ….

real horrorshow

bhoytony wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
A thoroughly Merkin-centric article that. Almost no-one in the UK uses the term 'guys'. It smacks of trying to be 'mid-Atlantic' and reminds me of ageing DJs or patronising gits from HR. It is far more common here to refer to adult males as 'boys', in exactly the same way as the article gives examples like "girls from work". I'm willing to bet that 'boys' is often used that way in the US too. This is a non-problem and it wont be solved by "reclaiming" 'gal', especially since - so far as I can tell - 'guy' is now pretty much gender-neutral in modern Merkin.
A thoroughly Ingerland-centric post.
Almost no-one in the UK uses the term 'guys'.
I think you'll find that "guys" is very commonly used in Scotland, which is still in the UK at the moment.
At the moment.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Garlic wrote:Kassiane is apparently following a ketogenic diet, which seems to be effective in reducing epileptic seizures.

I've heard that a ketogenic diet can be effective in treating pediatric epilepsy that's refractory to anti-convulsants, but I don't think it's used all that much for adults. Nevertheless, if it works for her - great! I'm going to ask a few neurologist colleagues about it though, e.g. how commonly is it recommended for adult epilepsy patients, do the side effects outweigh potential benefits, etc.

In other news, I added a third little dog to the pack today:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5490/1260 ... cbba51.jpg
DSCF0006 by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

Chihuahua, about 4 years old, probably a former puppy mill breeder. Very sweet, and currently sleeping beside me. The other two little dogs are sacked out at the foot of the bed.

Crazy dog lady, yup, that would be me.

Ooops, was that ableist???

Git

Post by Git »

My reaction to stupidgate and its fallout:

http://www.thinkimpractically.com/wp-co ... cture.jpeg

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

bhoytony wrote:Here's Septic Sally's fave:

Isn't dense in this context just another word for stupid? I think Sally is too stupid to realise this fact.

Still, it's a brammer insuIt. I might use that one down the pub if I catch someone looking at my bird.
And what kind of object is so dense that even light cannot escape it's gravity?

A black hole.

Sally is a racist!

(It was staring me in the face all along - her initials are SS) images/smilies/outraged.gif

Git

Post by Git »

Brive1987 wrote:Long term gain makes short term pain OK

The more A+ we have in FtB and Skepchick the better!

:dance:
If Kassiane's diet has anything to do with it, its more "The more A+ we have in FtB and Skepchick the batter!"

Oh wait, batter is triggering to Scots?

http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.c ... ancake.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

[quote="Apples"]
You're confusing Grimalkin and Kassiane. Grimalkin is the little boy-thing with big tits in a bikini who crashed sh/i/t's car with Setar in it.

Ah, who can forget that.

http://i.imgur.com/PCjlp2z.jpg

After Setar sneezed, Grimalkin lost control of the car.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

bhoytony wrote:I have a possibly fatal condition that means I have to live on bacon, butter and chocolate, in huge portions. Why is science wasting it's time trying to cure cancer and ignoring this terrible affliction?

SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE!
Sounds like she has epilepsy, and a strict Adkin's type diet has been found to be useful in controlling seizures. Hate to say it, but she might not be making this up or deluded.

James Caruthers

Old_ones wrote:
Fair point. I could totally sympathize if the young Setar was fed pickled pigs' feet. I thought it safe to assume that "reject list shit" meant certain unnamed vegetables, though, because it was a thread about how people shouldn't preach against eating meat. I can still sympathize a bit, I suppose, because I didn't always like eating vegetables as a child either, and sometimes that made meal time unpleasant. I still can't grok the tone, where feeding a kid veggies is somehow "bullshit". Maybe if you reject the notion that eating a diet with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals is actually necessary for children then you can arrive at a stance where such a practice is arbitrary cruelty.
If he really is whining because his mum made him eat vegetables, he's a fucking child. I mean, like, an emotional child, quite literally. I hated eating the stuff my mum made for me, but I grew up and realized vegetables are pretty sweet, and it was nice of her to take the time to make nutritious meals for us. I'd appreciate any parent who brought up their kids to eat healthy vegetables, rather than taking the brats to McDonald's five times a week.

A lot of these SJ fucks really do seem to think that anyone who tells them about some way they can live healthier lives is being an oppressive asshole bigot. EVEN A FUCKING DOCTOR.

They're stuck in the 5-year old "you can't tell me what to do" mindset.
http://www.xojane.com/healthy/standing- ... at-shaming
"You've gained weight. You might want to consider lifestyle changes."
"OMFG FAT SHAMING!!! I AM SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW!"

real horrorshow

John Greg wrote:Personally, I love this wee pile of fermented rutabaga (http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... rd-stupid/) -- it's his 12th paragraph:
Intersectionality — of the sort that people here at Freethought Blogs, and Skepchick and the Atheism Plus forums, and that every other sympathetic humanist skeptical blogger espouses — implicitly demands an extremely high level of empathy. We have to be willing to put ourselves in others’ shoes and recognize that the language used against them may carry too much cultural baggage in one specific direction, and recognize that their fights should also be our fights if we imagine ourselves to be any sort of decent humanists. Therein lies the problem. We are supposed to be empathetic individuals — how dare we not have empathy for every fight?
Jason, Jason, Jason, how, seriously, how on Earth can you still tie your shoelaces when you are so underburdened with smarts as to believe such utter, total, complete bollocks.

My, my, my. Clowns is as clowns does.

Hmm. Maybe he wears slip-ons.
This is why TiBo's attitude to the Pit is basically this:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Why is everyone abusing Grimalkin? I don't think the Pit would be half as funny without those Hitler videos s/h/it keeps making for us.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Why is everyone abusing Grimalkin? I don't think the Pit would be half as funny without those Hitler videos s/h/it keeps making for us.
<Barry White>Oh yeah.</Barry White>

:rimshot:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

This is heartbreaking. Poor Melody confined to her bed apart from those fun nights out at all those events that were listed earlier on the 'Pit. Does anybody have the dates again?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2072/g4oj.png

(hang on a minute, "housebound" isn't that like slavery or something?)

Is there a single one of these fuckwits who isn't afflicted by some terrible mental or physical disability which gives them maximum victim cred, but still allows them to party like it's 1999.

welch

Post by welch »

Tigzy wrote:Looks like Lousy's Stupid thread is gonna get nasty:
Flewellyn [responding to Improbable Doh!]
February 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm CST (UTC -6) Link to this comment
A lot of it seems to be people with good intentions allowing those intentions to trump context, critical thinking, and common sense. Sad to say, these arguments make one side of the argument look sanctimonious and holier-than-thou to the point that they almost seem insincere. Looks a little power-trippy too, because it seems less about being more polite and decent to people and more about being a scold and forcing people to agree with you or else you’ll totally shit on them.
It’s funny that you say that. I’ve heard similar rhetoric before, from the more “civil” Slymepitters, when talking about feminism.
Improbable Joe, bearer of the Official SpokesGuitar
Yep, I called it with the “totally shit on them” part. Yep, me and Rebecca Watson and everyone who disagrees with Flewellyn, Head Gatekeeper of Allowable Words are just like the Slymepit.
This is gonna be fun. And it's likely to be especially much more fun because, as DeLurch pointed out, they're being stunk out entirely by farts they dealt themselves.

We all float down here josh.

welch

Post by welch »

OMFG, that social justice freak is using "leper"? Shit, really? I have a relative with Hansen's and the first thing people are told is don't call him a leper, he'll ream you but good for that shit.

James Caruthers

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/
What’s wrong with exercising?

Mod response:

Nothing, for people who want to do it, who enjoy doing it. But not everybody wants to, not everybody enjoys it, and not everybody can do it.

You know how you’re supposed to get an endorphin rush out of exercising? I don’t. And many of the usual exercises — especially walking — are actively painful for me, because I have bad knees and asthma that’s triggered by exercise. Generally, your body experiences pain because what you’re doing is damaging to it. I’ve found a couple of forms of exercise that don’t hurt me and do give me an endorphin rush — yoga, swimming — and those I do when I can. But I do them because I enjoy them.

The real problem, in general, is the idea that people must exercise, that we somehow have an obligation to do so, that we have an obligation to be healthy. And that’s pure shit. There is no ethical requirement to be healthy — indeed, no blanket definition of health that is not ableist and problematic — nor one to exercise. Shaming people because they do not exercise is a shitty thing to do. It’s none of your fucking business whether they exercise or not.

-MG
Wait, so many contradictions.

First I hear that fat people are healthy (they can be I guess) and the doctors are all in on a fat-shaming patriarchal conspiracy
Then I hear that it doesn't matter, it's their choice to be healthy or not (true enough)
Then I hear that you're not allowed to comment on that choice (not true)
Then I hear that commenting on someone's choice to be unhealthy, even politely, is bigotry (not true)

Not to mention this bullshit about "pain is always an indication to stop what you're doing." Um, no. Some kinds of pain are natural and healthy. Be healthy or don't. Be fat or don't. But don't cry victimhood when people comment on your appearance in a free society. Tell them to fuck off or whatever, but don't pretend you're as oppressed as black people back in 1920.
Thin privilege is being able to buy shirts at the same price as everyone else.
For senior t-shirt at my school, sizes small-xl are $15. XL+ are $17.
Two fucking dollars difference. And why? Capitalism, Bitch! It takes more cloth to tarp over that body, duh.
Thin privilege is taking self-defense classes after you’ve been attacked and not having people asume you do it to lose weight.
"OH, look at THIS fat bitch, she's only taking our anti-rape class to lose weight!" -said no self-defense instructor, ever.
Thin privilege is the fact that “curvy” is basically just a media code-word for “a thin woman with large breasts and wide hips”.

Thin privilege is the fact that “curvy” women are considered attractive if said curves are in their breasts and butts, but women with curves in their stomachs and thighs are deemed gross or unhealthy or lacking self respect/discipline.
Good news: "curvy" is now a code word for a pear-shaped woman with "curves" in their stomachs and thighs. All-lard diet optional.

You must be so proud.

real horrorshow

bhoytony wrote:This is heartbreaking. Poor Melody confined to her bed apart from those fun nights out at all those events that were listed earlier on the 'Pit. Does anybody have the dates again?

Is there a single one of these fuckwits who isn't afflicted by some terrible mental or physical disability which gives them maximum victim cred, but still allows them to party like it's 1999.
Short answer: No

Long question: Is Malady still employed by CFI? I mean, 14 months in bed with self-diagnosed PTSD, who's covering for her? I wasn't aware that US employers were that generous.

Can anyone point me to the origin of Malady's malady? What ever happened to her to cause this PTSD? It wasn't just nasty Tweets was it?

welch

Post by welch »

Garlic wrote:Kassiane is apparently following a ketogenic diet, which seems to be effective in reducing epileptic seizures.

Well, if she is actively doing gymnastics, her calorie count and the content make more sense. A lot of the trainers and athletes here eat similarly. Less fat, but gobs of protein.

welch

Post by welch »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

A black hole.

Sally is a racist!

(It was staring me in the face all along - her initials are SS) images/smilies/outraged.gif

It's also a fat joke. Fat-shaming is bad, mkay?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

A black hole.

Sally is a racist!

Goddammit. You beat me to the black hole.

I wonder what happens when these stupid idiot moron mongoloids take astronomy and hear about "dwarf stars." (Or if they watch Red Dwarf.)

Really?

Post by Really? »

real horrorshow wrote:
bhoytony wrote:This is heartbreaking. Poor Melody confined to her bed apart from those fun nights out at all those events that were listed earlier on the 'Pit. Does anybody have the dates again?

Short answer: No

Long question: Is Malady still employed by CFI? I mean, 14 months in bed with self-diagnosed PTSD, who's covering for her? I wasn't aware that US employers were that generous.

Can anyone point me to the origin of Malady's malady? What ever happened to her to cause this PTSD? It wasn't just nasty Tweets was it?
WTF? This is my question. Shoot, I'm willing to do the same amount of work she does at CFI for half the price.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:*snip*

I wonder what happens when these stupid idiot moron mongoloids take astronomy and hear about "dwarf stars." (Or if they watch Red Dwarf.)
My opinion is that "stupid' and "moron" have achieved 100% dissociation from any form of medical label, so that the percentage of people who think of medical diagnoses when they hear/use the words tends to 0% (SJWs discounted for obvious reasons). "Cretin" is almost there, IMO.

So I have to point out that it is my opinion that "mongoloids" is definitely still a nasty word to use, as it still clearly is associated with its use as a name for people with Down Syndrome.

Obviously, there are no mods here, and I'm not going to stamp my tiny feet in rage, nor even go into a full triggered breakdown. But I wanted to say it.

Yours with thoughts of peace, harmony, and so many pouncetugs your dick drops off.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Apples wrote:
Steersman wrote:Ok, guys and gals and otherkins, time to ’fess-up to this accusation, should any here be guilty of the charge, and post – On anger over the word “stupid” – from the inimitable Lousy Canuck:
Anti-social-justice folks are attempting to stir the pot and get so-called "big names" to throw down with one another right now. There's a definite sense of glee coming from certain parts, parts wherein people are evidently incapable of any sort of nuanced argumentation, where all they live for is the "drama" of people disagreeing with one another.
Oh, hi, Thimbledick! I'm still waiting for that $20 blowjob you offered during the DDOS stravaganza, you pig.

Really?

Post by Really? »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

My opinion is that "stupid' and "moron" have achieved 100% dissociation from any form of medical label, so that the percentage of people who think of medical diagnoses when they hear/use the words tends to 0% (SJWs discounted for obvious reasons). "Cretin" is almost there, IMO.

So I have to point out that it is my opinion that "mongoloids" is definitely still a nasty word to use, as it still clearly is associated with its use as a name for people with Down Syndrome.

Obviously, there are no mods here, and I'm not going to stamp my tiny feet in rage, nor even go into a full triggered breakdown. But I wanted to say it.

Yours with thoughts of peace, harmony, and so many pouncetugs your dick drops off.
Pouncetugs accepted. You'll be pleased to know I only use the term when I'm making fun of people who think "stupid" should be verboten. People who have Downs need to overcome REAL problems, not Twitter ouchie feel feels.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

BarnOwl wrote:

I've heard that a ketogenic diet can be effective in treating pediatric epilepsy that's refractory to anti-convulsants, but I don't think it's used all that much for adults. Nevertheless, if it works for her - great! I'm going to ask a few neurologist colleagues about it though, e.g. how commonly is it recommended for adult epilepsy patients, do the side effects outweigh potential benefits, etc.

In other news, I added a third little dog to the pack today:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5490/1260 ... cbba51.jpg
DSCF0006 by BarnOwl83, on Flickr

Chihuahua, about 4 years old, probably a former puppy mill breeder. Very sweet, and currently sleeping beside me. The other two little dogs are sacked out at the foot of the bed.

Crazy dog lady, yup, that would be me.

Ooops, was that ableist???
Damn! Ninja'd!

welch

Post by welch »

So here's my take, for what it's worth.

In and of itself, if we decouple it from the author, watson's piece is, although poorly written, not a bad piece. A lot of what she says makes sense, like this part:
I’ve been triggered once before and it was extremely unpleasant, to the point that I laid in bed in the fetal position crying for a few hours. A person who is triggered by words like “stupid” and “idiot” must quite seriously live a horrific life dominated by fear and pain, and I sincerely hope they get therapeutic help.

I have no doubt that there are such people, just as there are probably people who are triggered by other insults. I could certainly imagine a person with a newly installed colostomy bag being triggered by words like “shitty.” Perhaps someone who was orally raped is triggered when someone says that something “sucks.” Maybe someone with a cleft palate is triggered when the word “ugly” is used to describe everything from faces to personalities to carpets.

And if I was friends with any of those people and I used one of those words in their presence and they took me aside and told me about their pain, I would absolutely avoid saying those words in their presence.

I would not, though, avoid saying those words elsewhere, because those words are not slurs. Compare any of them to the word “kike,” for instance. “Kike” is a word that has no other usage besides dehumanizing and marginalizing Jewish people. Yes, it has been thrown at me, a gentile through and through, but even then it was meant to insult some perceived Jewishness in my person. The word “retard” has been thrown at me, a person with no developmental disabilities, but it is quite obviously always meant to shame me by aligning me with people with disabilities. The word “cunt” is thrown at men, but every time it is meant to unambiguously connect them with the disgusting, lesser vagina.
She goes off the rails a bit by the end, but for the most part, that's actually a pretty reasonable stance to take. It's like "leprosy". That's a word I won't use around my son's grandfather, nor its variants, because for him, there's an astounding amount of pain associated with it. (He has a son he hasn't seen since that kid was seven, something like half a century ago. He'll never find that kid, most likely, and all because of ignorance about Hansen's.) So, out of simple human kindness, I don't use that word around him.

Doesn't mean I ban it from my vocabulary, just means around him, I don't use it. I think, at least I hope this is not that radical of a concept.

The problem isn't the essay as much as the author. Watson has spent, essentially since "elevatorgate", every waking moment being the queen of social justice, and all of a sudden, the tumblr lot is attacking her. Watching her flail about shows just how clueless she is about the viciousness she's been ramping up, and encouraging and enabling. But now it's bad because now it's causing her problems. Oh, and the rest of the skepchicks. The twitter idiocy between hensley and the other two dips shows just how inverted things have gotten.

Watson raised her flag on MY PAIN IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM, and not once, not fucking once did she stop for a second and think about just how fucking stupid it could get, and SHE LIVES ON THE INTERNET. She *knows* how out of proportion things get, especially with the SJW lot. (HUGGATE) She planted this, she cared for this, she coo'd over this, she protected this when it was weak, and what she thought was a happy flower turned out to be a fuckin' Audrey II, and she's now backed into the corner with the giant mutant plant screaming FEED ME REBECCA! FEED ME ALL NIGHT LONG.

Only it ain't gettin' her a cadillac car, or a date with hedley lamar. All feeding it does is ensure it doesn't eat her.

Most of me is laughing at this, because fuck yeah, she did earn it. But there is a small part of me that feels genuinely bad for her, because I'm still human, and even when sorely deserved, watching someone get attacked like that still kind of sucks.

I don't think she will, but it would be nice if she thought about this and thought about things like Stef McGraw, and maybe, just maybe realized that along the way, she kind of fucked a lot of things up and maybe needs to start trying to make things better.

Don't think she will, but it would be nice.

real horrorshow

http://i.imgur.com/8Ap2nqi.jpg

Oh, you wish Munchkin!

http://i.imgur.com/VQQbzLB.jpg

TiBo TiBo TiBo. It's not that we lack empathy. It's just that we enjoy your pain.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: <snip>
If I recall correctly, Ophelia is on record as saying the word "virulent" is misogynistic if used to criticize some strains of feminism. That word is certainly not gender specific. It can, however, be read as being critical, or even insulting, when directed against a viewpoint.
It is my contention that if, like Ophelia, you can regard a word like 'virulent' as being misogynistic, then any criticism and especially any insults are open to the same charge. ....
Actually what she said was “connecting ‘virulent’ with ‘feminism’ is misogyny”; not the word itself but the connecting of it with another. Which you sort of acknowledged in your first sentence, but then apparently managed to "forget" in the second one. :naughty:
What are you talking about, you pedantic halfwit.
Dear Dick-head ….
Dick Strawkins wrote:My point is that the use of any critical or insulting word is likely to be considered misogynistic if it's used to criticise either feminism OR particular feminists that are considered onside.
Apart from questioning your phrasing – I would say it is less a question of the “use of any critical or insulting word” than one of the criticism in the first place – I would agree, and have agreed, that many “feminists” seem to take any criticism of any feminist position or person as manifest misogyny. What I’ve called, appropriately I think, wrapping oneself in a flag:
If someone wraps themselves in the flag, they pretend to be doing something for patriotic reasons or out of loyalty, but their real motives are selfish.
But my point was that, as suggested, that that is an all too common phenomenon that manifests itself in much if not all of “identity politics”, notably in the insistence that “nigger” is necessarily racist because it is supposedly targeting the entire group – to which one has, supposedly, some misplaced if not self-serving “loyalty”. But which is, mutatis mutandis, just as bogus as insisting that using “twat” as an insult is necessarily sexist.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

I agree, but I aint running for the fainting couch.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

real horrorshow wrote:http://i.imgur.com/8Ap2nqi.jpg

Oh, you wish Munchkin!

http://i.imgur.com/VQQbzLB.jpg

TiBo TiBo TiBo. It's not that we lack empathy. It's just that we enjoy your pain.
Hey Thimbledick - why should we feel empathy for you self-centered unempathetic assholes, who have been divisively clawing at the community for the last three years or so, all in order to push your batshit-crazy PC political agenda? Fuck you.

real horrorshow

welch wrote:Only it ain't gettin' her a cadillac car, or a date with hedley lamar. All feeding it does is ensure it doesn't eat her.
Do you mean Hedy Lamarr? Because Hedley Lamarr was the character in Blazing Saddles.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

real horrorshow wrote:
welch wrote:Only it ain't gettin' her a cadillac car, or a date with hedley lamar. All feeding it does is ensure it doesn't eat her.
Do you mean Hedy Lamarr? Because Hedley Lamarr was the character in Blazing Saddles.
Hedy Lamarr - A Beautiful woman with cracking torpedoes.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

I have to say, I'm rather impressed with Grimalkin. S/h/it's one of the most deluded of the lot, to be sure, but s/h/it's also more courageous and more intelligent than most of these... people.

I support Grimalkin.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

While all of you were following StupidGate, I successfully loaded a 7-yo, barely halter-broke stallion into my little 2-horse straight-load. It was his first time inside a trailer ever, and he ended up quietly walking in of his own accord. The new owner was ecstatic, the old owner slinked away after betting it would take sedation, a stock trailer, and several days.

But the novice new owner scheduled the vet at the same time to perform the sex reassignment surgery, so I have to do it all over again on Wednesday. At least I get paid twice.

real horrorshow

Gumby wrote:Hey Thimbledick - why should we feel empathy for you self-centered unempathetic assholes, who have been divisively clawing at the community for the last three years or so, all in order to push your batshit-crazy PC political agenda? Fuck you.
No no, I have empathy:
‘the ability to understand and share the feelings of another’
What I don't have is sympathy:
‘feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else’s misfortune’
Not for him nor for any of his kind. Someone quoted a Spanish proverb here the other day:
"Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos".
Breed ravens and they'll peck out your eyes. I think it has a little more punch than 'you reap what you sow'.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

welch wrote:So here's my take, for what it's worth.

In and of itself, if we decouple it from the author, watson's piece is, although poorly written, not a bad piece. A lot of what she says makes sense, like this part:
I’ve been triggered once before and it was extremely unpleasant, to the point that I laid in bed in the fetal position crying for a few hours. A person who is triggered by words like “stupid” and “idiot” must quite seriously live a horrific life dominated by fear and pain, and I sincerely hope they get therapeutic help.

I have no doubt that there are such people, just as there are probably people who are triggered by other insults. I could certainly imagine a person with a newly installed colostomy bag being triggered by words like “shitty.” Perhaps someone who was orally raped is triggered when someone says that something “sucks.” Maybe someone with a cleft palate is triggered when the word “ugly” is used to describe everything from faces to personalities to carpets.

And if I was friends with any of those people and I used one of those words in their presence and they took me aside and told me about their pain, I would absolutely avoid saying those words in their presence.

I would not, though, avoid saying those words elsewhere, because those words are not slurs. Compare any of them to the word “kike,” for instance. “Kike” is a word that has no other usage besides dehumanizing and marginalizing Jewish people. Yes, it has been thrown at me, a gentile through and through, but even then it was meant to insult some perceived Jewishness in my person. The word “retard” has been thrown at me, a person with no developmental disabilities, but it is quite obviously always meant to shame me by aligning me with people with disabilities. The word “cunt” is thrown at men, but every time it is meant to unambiguously connect them with the disgusting, lesser vagina.
She goes off the rails a bit by the end, but for the most part, that's actually a pretty reasonable stance to take. It's like "leprosy". That's a word I won't use around my son's grandfather, nor its variants, because for him, there's an astounding amount of pain associated with it. (He has a son he hasn't seen since that kid was seven, something like half a century ago. He'll never find that kid, most likely, and all because of ignorance about Hansen's.) So, out of simple human kindness, I don't use that word around him.

Doesn't mean I ban it from my vocabulary, just means around him, I don't use it. I think, at least I hope this is not that radical of a concept.

The problem isn't the essay as much as the author. Watson has spent, essentially since "elevatorgate", every waking moment being the queen of social justice, and all of a sudden, the tumblr lot is attacking her.... snip.
tldr. (I did actually and it made good sense): Becky's learning a life lesson. Your sympathy may vary.

Re:
Most of me is laughing at this, because fuck yeah, she did earn it. But there is a small part of me that feels genuinely bad for her, because I'm still human, and even when sorely deserved, watching someone get attacked like that still kind of sucks.
Lets not forget as Dawkins once said: these are just words. She can always turn the box off and get on with her real life. Oh wait ..... hmm, you may have a pity point.

What's really hurting her IMO is that the crown is slipping and she fears she may have to actually define her 'beliefs'. "The horror, the horror"

She's a slippery little sucker though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

A black hole.

Sally is a racist!

Should be PORG stars, for us Tom Sharpe fans...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I guess I just came across as insensitive.

Hee hee hee.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:I have to say, I'm rather impressed with Grimalkin. S/h/it's one of the most deluded of the lot, to be sure, but s/h/it's also more courageous and more intelligent than most of these... people.

I support Grimalkin.
"Team Grimalkin" rulz

:popcorn:

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

I'm probably stating an obvious but isn't "bound" in wheelchair bound just mean "commited to" much like saying Homeward Bound ( as in commited to heading on home). "Commited to" is not to be confused with connotations with commited to an asylum institution.... but fun can be had with it. I initially thought Wheelchair Bound was more appropriate when being remonstrated for doing silly actions like standing on a train and holding onto the electric wire and chipping a tooth because of "falling" in-between the train carraiges. So you hear... "Don't you love your life! you'll be wheelchair bound if you carry on like that!" I dismissed the latter even though it applies...I can't remember why I dismissed it.

House Bound adds complexity because "bound" in this context alludes of something one couldn't get out of but could also imply "a commitment" of sorts cause of a piling up of work to do around the house, like mowing the lawn, fixing the window, feeding the dogs and starting the clothes washing while the Mrs is out lunching and doing yoga. Some rope would come in handy.

If you can afford a wheelchair..especially those electric ones aren;t you displaying your priviledge or something like that?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jesus, I just waded thru the Canuck's article. It put Steers into the concise and punchy bracket.

And what the hell did that auto erotic biographic erotic spiel amount too?

Some words have "too many meanings rolled up into a single word for that word to have any utility".

Cool. Which ones? Oh. I see.

James Caruthers

welch wrote: She planted this, she cared for this, she coo'd over this, she protected this when it was weak, and what she thought was a happy flower turned out to be a fuckin' Audrey II, and she's now backed into the corner with the giant mutant plant screaming FEED ME REBECCA! FEED ME ALL NIGHT LONG.

Only it ain't gettin' her a cadillac car, or a date with hedley lamar. All feeding it does is ensure it doesn't eat her.

I don't think she will, but it would be nice if she thought about this and thought about things like Stef McGraw, and maybe, just maybe realized that along the way, she kind of fucked a lot of things up and maybe needs to start trying to make things better.

Don't think she will, but it would be nice.
She's a scam artist, and you know that as well as anyone else. Say what you will about fucknuts crazy Grimalkin, that's some impressive conviction. Becky's ideal world would be a one where she holds others to stringent SJW standards, but is herself free to use any words and behavior she deems appropriate. Which is why I see her current problems as appropriate, given the way she has treated others. Now SHE is the one going "Dear Muslima" after making a huge deal about someone else doing it.

But your words have inspired me:
Beckybooze Productions Presents: Little Shop of Drama (Whores)

Feed me, Becky
Feed me all night long
That's right, girl
You can do it
Feed me, Becky
Feed me and don't you be a quitter!
'Cause if you feed me, Becky
I can blow up... all over twitter

Would you like some strong whiskey?
Or a speakership at the WISC?
How about a date with Justin Vacula?
You gonna git it (if you want it baby).

How'd you like to be a big wheel,
Drinkin' out for every meal?
I'm the drama that can make it all real
You gonna git it

I'm your genie, I'm your friend
I'm your willing slave
Take a chance, just feed me and
You know the kinda eats,
The kinda red hot treats
The kinda sticky licky tweets
I crave

Come on, Becky, don't be a twat
Trust me and you'll swim in booze, that's what
Take some initiative, act like a prat
And you'll git it

[Becky]
I don't know. I don't know
I have so, so many strong alcoholic pinings
Should I go and perform quote-minings?

[Drama]
Think about a room near the bar
Drinking all night, throwing up by your car
Just a bit of drama's gonna take you so far
And you'll git it

[Becky]
Gee I'd like some bold male ass,
I could cry oppression when he made a pass,
But I'll still get mine stuffed when I'm drunk off my glass

[Drama]
So go git it

And if you wanna be profound
If you really gotta justify (intent is not magic)
Take a breath and look around
A lot of folks deserve to die (in a fire)

BillH

Post by BillH »

katamari Damassi wrote:
bhoytony wrote:I have a possibly fatal condition that means I have to live on bacon, butter and chocolate, in huge portions. Why is science wasting it's time trying to cure cancer and ignoring this terrible affliction?

SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE!
Sounds like she has epilepsy, and a strict Adkin's type diet has been found to be useful in controlling seizures. Hate to say it, but she might not be making this up or deluded.
that chocolate had better be sugar free if she wants to maintain a ketogenic state. my guess is she's full of shit based on that comment alone.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ianfc wrote:

I agree, but I aint running for the fainting couch.
Look, there's a time and a place for friendly disagreement amongst like-minded people. And that is NOT on a thread in which I have just made a statement which makes me appear slightly ethically superior to another poster.

AM I NOT A PERSON DESERVING OF HUGS???????

So fucking triggered right now, considering tossing my surlies.

IT'S THAT BAD.