Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
John D

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by John D »

Sam Harris rebuts Dennett's criticism of the "Free Will" book. Two men yelling past each other. What fun!
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the- ... tes-lament

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:My final note on the subject (ie subject flounce) -

I strongly suspect RW's on meds largely because she's a dick - the controversy she courts and the lifestyle she chooses to lead.

Weirdly enough I don't think she is a dick because she's on meds.

Regardless the context and way she brought it up (flippantly in a paid patreon vid) is worthy of a "meh figures" - especially when factoring in the way her cabal wear non institutionalised mental health issues like campaign ribbons.

That's the debate that was on the table here, not some global "fuck you" to anyone on meds.

I've had enough.

I stop by and find I have been turned on when all I've offered this board is friendship, my $1.15 a month AUD patreon tithe and pleas to share my accommodation. I need a break, possibly several months.

Hi Call me Cuntaji,

How about that loony bitch Rebecca Watson eh?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Suet Cardigan wrote:I'll tell you one thing: Having read the entire thread on Matt's blog, I hope to fuck that HJ Hornbeck never reproduces (whether sexually, asexually or by any other means) because his genes should definitely not be passed on to future generations.
I wouldn't worry about it. He's likely trying to reproduce with a footstool.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:There is a new RW patreon only video up. I'll link later.

Here you are. Gawk but keep moving please.

http://youtu.be/rgbj9fDxww0

Takeouts:

She has spotted she has "an enemy" in the fold.

She got a (semi) non consensual hug from her 60 yo Doctor which proves blindness and pity are a dangerous combination.

She is a prescription user of Xanax which kinda figures given her habitual incapacity to cope with the real world.

Some of her best friends are police - but the system is still fucked.

That is all.

http://i.imgur.com/LrXELhY.jpg
[youtube]wYX_zhlTDr8[/youtube]

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:I'll tell you one thing: Having read the entire thread on Matt's blog, I hope to fuck that HJ Hornbeck never reproduces (whether sexually, asexually or by any other means) because his genes should definitely not be passed on to future generations.
It's genetic determinism to assume that HJ is a supreme asshat solely because of his genes. Nurture surely also played a role. Namely, when mama Hornbeck dropped little HJ as a baby.
Bit binary-gender of you to assume HJ had mother. He might be the product of asexual reproduction. If snails can do it, so can humans. Apparently.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Dick Strawkins wrote: She mentions the following in an earlier tweet:
Morgan M Page ‏@morganmpage Feb 12

Canada criminalizes HIV non-disclosure, affecting 27% of trans women who are living with HIV. #FreeAvery #themoreyouknow

So 27% of trans women are HIV positive?
That's a rather shocking statistic.
The heterosexual female rate of HIV positivity (in the US) is something like 0.2%
Which means that there is a more than 100 fold increase in the prevalence in trans women.

This creates a rather uncomfortable ethical quandry, not only regarding the notion that HIV positivity need not be disclosed, but also the question of whether trans status itself needs be disclosed with unaware sexual partners.
And I would argue it does. Partly because the vast majority are straight, and of those, some straighties care and some don't care if the person they're with used to be the opposite gender. It's just good manners, especially if you want more than a quick roll in the hay. But if trans people are more likely to have AIDS, all the more reason to tell.

And even if all other things were equal, the attitude within trans communities that people with AIDS should lie or not disclose their status to partners would tend to increase your risk in itself that the trans person you were with might have an STD, particularly AIDS. Once the clothes come off, a certain amount of responsible behavior is required. Any person with AIDS should make their partner aware as soon as sex is a possibility.

It seems this person has determined that, rather than trying to combat crimes which trans people tend to commit (like non-disclosure of AIDS status and possibly infecting others with AIDS), it's better to decriminalize those crimes altogether, so the bad behavior can continue. Now, I favor making prostitution legal, but if I suspected that a lot of the prostitutes were AIDS-positive trans individuals who had been couched or encouraged not to tell anyone, I would not support merely decriminalizing it. Strict regulation and regular medical examination needs to take place to prevent diseases like AIDS from being spread.
[youtube]5yC7HwPh6Es[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Wow Matt Cavanaugh. Just read HJ Hornbeck's most recent comments on your blog. He's far more "out there" than I'd previously realized.

Did he really compare being a non-expert in science to being a non-expert in religion? For those who haven't been following the conversation, Hornbeck was asked about his scientific credentials, a fair question since he's completely bucking scientific consensus on mammalian sexual dimorphism (kind of a funny thing to be doing in the context of discussing "evidence-based feminism"). In response, he wrote this gem:
HJ Hornbeck wrote: The same argument can be used to defend religion. Who are you, Cavanaugh, to go against the orthodox view of society? You are going against many key figures who argue in favor of religion, including scholars, philosophers, and some of the brightest minds that existed. Your views would deflate nearly all biblical scholarship.

Where are your sources, where is your peer-reviewed research on religion? You have none? Then why should I take your ideas seriously, if it is impossible for a non-expert to be right.
Pure pomo-influenced nonsense, palpably informed by the "science-is-just-a-cultural-construct" and "other-ways-of-knowing" memes. Anyone who would suggest that the lack of expertise in a scientific field like biology is equivalent to the lack of expertise in theology—anyone who would raise this point as a kind of tu quoque—has no business teaching others about "evidence-based" anything.

Now, it is of course true that one needn't be an expert in biology to be right about an issue pertaining to that field, but when the non-expert is claiming that all the biologists are wrong, the non-expert is making an extraordinary claim, and, well, Nerd of Redhead and Hitchens and all that.

*FLOOSH*
It was a red-herring, a gish gallop, just one of a slew of intellectually dishonest moves from this rhetorical wanker.

Of course the parallel is frakked, but to explain why would realize his goal of evading the fact that he's made preposterous, anti-science claims without a shred of evidence. But his comment about non-experts being able to trump orthodoxy does reveal the immense hubris of lil' HJ Horner, who sits in a corner, sticks his thumb up his ass, pulls out a dooky and declares 'what clever boy am I!'

Further wankerisms in lieu of scientific evidence will only earn error messages from me. I am open to a radio debate, though.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Brive1987 wrote:

I strongly suspect RW's on meds largely because she's a dick - the controversy she courts and the lifestyle she chooses to lead.

Regardless the context and way she brought it up (flippantly in a paid patreon vid) is worthy of a "meh figures" - especially when factoring in the way her cabal wear non institutionalised mental health issues like campaign ribbons.

That's the debate that was on the table here, not some global "fuck you" to anyone on meds.

I've had enough.

I stop by and find I have been turned on when all I've offered this board is friendship, my $1.15 a month AUD patreon tithe and pleas to share my accommodation. I need a break, possibly several months.

Hi Call me Cuntaji,

Hello Cuntaji. I recognise your writing style. Have you posted here before? Have you got any kids you need babysitting?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

deLurch wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Xanax/Alprazolam is normally for anxiety disorders. I don't see Becky as a sufferer, though they are very common Hiptard self-diagnoses to excuse their obnoxiousness. Xanax, as a fast acting benzo (downer) is very commonly abused and mixing it with alcohol is a really bad idea.
If someone has an anxiety disorder, I don't think engaging in a profession (or at least the way she plays the game) that is high drama would be the best course. I wonder if she would still have these issues if she served up coffee at the local starbucks.

On a different note, how does someone get a prescription for Xanax from self-diagnosis? Don't the need to see a therapist for something like that? Do regular medical doctors prescribe that kind of thing? I would hope that any psychiatrist worth their salt would diagnose on their own.
Sorry, mis-communication. I'm not saying that you can get a prescription from a self-diagnosis. If Becky has a prescription, presumably it's from a doctor. However, many Hiptards claim to have anxiety disorders, and if they are sufficiently plausible, with the right doctor, they might be able to get a prescription for a benzo like Xanax.

welch

Post by welch »

Takeouts:

She got a (semi) non consensual hug from her 60 yo Doctor which proves blindness and pity are a dangerous combination.

She is a prescription user of Xanax which kinda figures given her habitual incapacity to cope with the real world.

That is all.

My Name is Becky, an' I like Cartoons an' Cap'n Crunch an' She-Ra an' I DON' GOTTA PEE MOMMY, I JUST WENT, an'...i peed myself...wait right there. MOMMYYYYY!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

If lying about your job to get somebody to sleep with you is rape then so is not disclosing the fact that your skin-mitten was once a veiny cock.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

real horrorshow wrote:
deLurch wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Xanax/Alprazolam is normally for anxiety disorders. I don't see Becky as a sufferer, though they are very common Hiptard self-diagnoses to excuse their obnoxiousness. Xanax, as a fast acting benzo (downer) is very commonly abused and mixing it with alcohol is a really bad idea.
If someone has an anxiety disorder, I don't think engaging in a profession (or at least the way she plays the game) that is high drama would be the best course. I wonder if she would still have these issues if she served up coffee at the local starbucks.

On a different note, how does someone get a prescription for Xanax from self-diagnosis? Don't the need to see a therapist for something like that? Do regular medical doctors prescribe that kind of thing? I would hope that any psychiatrist worth their salt would diagnose on their own.
Sorry, mis-communication. I'm not saying that you can get a prescription from a self-diagnosis. If Becky has a prescription, presumably it's from a doctor. However, many Hiptards claim to have anxiety disorders, and if they are sufficiently plausible, with the right doctor, they might be able to get a prescription for a benzo like Xanax.
I'd say that since most doctors don't have time to do detailed diagnosis - proscribing drugs is an easy option.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I used Xanax once, for a severe alcohol withdrawal. Then for the next one, I used temesta. none of these drugs made any difference: I still felt like shit. So back to drinking it was.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Brive1987 wrote:
Hi Call me Cuntaji,

Oh, hi. Do I know you? You seem familiar but I'm not sure.

In related news, I raped a... no, not now.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote:Maybe we just need to re-educate society to understand that the acts in which a trans^woman engages while drunk aren't hyr fault and we should stop blaming the victim.
We need to stop buying into orthodox Crime Binary construct, and instead embrace trans*crime as part of the Lawfulness Spectrum. I, for example, am cis*speedlimit, trans*buildingcode, and taxpaying queer.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I used Xanax once, for a severe alcohol withdrawal. Then for the next one, I used temesta. none of these drugs made any difference: I still felt like shit. So back to drinking it was.
I have a friend who hordes her prescription xanax, then gobbles them all at once like skittles, washed down with dirty martinis. But she only does this after getting discouraged whenever God hasn't given her a clear answer to her prayers.

real horrorshow

Brive1987 wrote:tldr. "I'm a cunt too."
Ok, fuck you.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

real horrorshow wrote:
Ok, fuck you.
Now kiss...

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Over at WEIT, Jerry has a post up about an ultrasound where supposedly you can see a fetus and a cat:

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com ... /#comments

I wanted to post that this is quite common with ultrasounds, that if you get a wide enough shot, you will see the woman's pussy. I'm not sure if Jerry would appreciate that kind of humor though, so I'm posting the pun here instead.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I knew Watson's toothy boat reminded me of something...

http://i.imgur.com/pQOrkK9.jpg

real horrorshow

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Ok, fuck you.
Now kiss...
Hey, I just offered what I know about Xanax, if that makes me a cunt, then let's all be cunts together.

P.S. Phil check out my new sig you cunt!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

Canada criminalizes HIV non-disclosure, affecting 27% of trans women who are living with HIV. #FreeAvery #themoreyouknow
So 27% of trans women are HIV positive?
That's a rather shocking statistic.
The heterosexual female rate of HIV positivity (in the US) is something like 0.2%
Which means that there is a more than 100 fold increase in the prevalence in trans women.

This creates a rather uncomfortable ethical quandry, not only regarding the notion that HIV positivity need not be disclosed, but also the question of whether trans status itself needs be disclosed with unaware sexual partners.
That statement could be read two different ways. The other is that 27% of trans women who are living with HIV don't tell their partners.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I used Xanax once, for a severe alcohol withdrawal. Then for the next one, I used temesta. none of these drugs made any difference: I still felt like shit. So back to drinking it was.
I have a friend who hordes her prescription xanax, then gobbles them all at once like skittles, washed down with dirty martinis. But she only does this after getting discouraged whenever God hasn't given her a clear answer to her prayers.
You should ask Jan Steen about the wonders of the Cambodian pharmacy.

I'd like some Xanax please

How many?

500?

OK. Anything else?

John D

Post by John D »

welch wrote:

Takeouts:

That is all.

My Name is Becky, an' I like Cartoons an' Cap'n Crunch an' She-Ra an' I DON' GOTTA PEE MOMMY, I JUST WENT, an'...i peed myself...wait right there. MOMMYYYYY!
She is looking better these days. The hair is coming along nicely and soon she will be able to have a cut that is actually a bit attractive. (HINT: If you don't dye your eyebrows at the same time as dying your hair you will look freaky. People with red hair usually have red or blondish eyebrows) The lighting is better but it needs to be a warmer color for her lily-white skin. She could still use a bit of makeup to help with the lighting washout. No baggy eyes so the Xanax is providing her with the opportunity to drink less. She is also talking about being less mean.... haha... I wonder how that will work out.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

HoneyWagon wrote:Steersman appears to be busy tonight
Interesting SJL dynamics in Miller's facebook discussion. A bit of confusion/BS from Sally Strange an (almost quote) attributed to Steersman, sorry the gentleman bigot, from Jadehawk and voila Steersman is a disgusting little shit. Jadehawks use of the phrase "almost a quote" had me smiling, a bit like almost rape I guess.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Brive1987 wrote:

I've had enough.

Hi Call me Cuntaji,

You cant do an Ftb style flounce as I did it already last week. No one noticed. I gloriously returned as BigChiefHumpAlot, the last of the guininininini tribe and a transelecticspiritgenderfluffybunny. So all you culturally appropriating wannbees can suck my pipe then piss off. I got there first.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

John D wrote: She is looking better these days. The hair is coming along nicely and soon she will be able to have a cut that is actually a bit attractive. (HINT: If you don't dye your eyebrows at the same time as dying your hair you will look freaky. People with red hair usually have red or blondish eyebrows)
What about people with blue hair?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

real horrorshow wrote:
Now kiss...
Hey, I just offered what I know about Xanax, if that makes me a cunt, then let's all be cunts together.

P.S. Phil check out my new sig you cunt![/quote]

[youtube]NelBNtNm8l0[/youtube]

James Caruthers

ianfc wrote:
HoneyWagon wrote:Steersman appears to be busy tonight
Interesting SJL dynamics in Miller's facebook discussion. A bit of confusion/BS from Sally Strange an (almost quote) attributed to Steersman, sorry the gentleman bigot, from Jadehawk and voila Steersman is a disgusting little shit. Jadehawks use of the phrase "almost a quote" had me smiling, a bit like almost rape I guess.
Steersman is officially DAS JUDEN, and all his jew explanations, citations and context are irrelevant. What matters is we can use the word "bigot" in every sentence referring to him.

James Caruthers

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really? wrote:Maybe we just need to re-educate society to understand that the acts in which a trans^woman engages while drunk aren't hyr fault and we should stop blaming the victim.
We need to stop buying into orthodox Crime Binary construct, and instead embrace trans*crime as part of the Lawfulness Spectrum. I, for example, am cis*speedlimit, trans*buildingcode, and taxpaying queer.
I'm going to my american crime fiction course soon. No shit, but last class, we heard such nonsense as "all crime is political." And an attempt to represent criminal actions as a part of class struggle against teh patriarchy/teh capitalism.

So yeah, there really are people out there who think crime and policing is solely a way for "the man" to oppress all other victim groups. Not saying the justice system isn't fucked up sometimes, but c'mon.

I'm crimefluid, that means the legality of my actions is always questionable, but you'll still hear me throw a huge fucking fit if you assume I'm behaving either lawfully or unlawfully at any given moment.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Gentleman bigot thankyou

real horrorshow

ianfc wrote:Gentleman bigot thankyou
Gentleman Rhymer:

[youtube]6t28COxEp2k[/youtube]

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Tony Parsehole wrote:So "AIDSphobic" is now a thing....
Because being scared of an incurable disease that gives you a slow painful death is obviously an "irrational fear".

I'm "aids phobic" "cancer phobic" "coronary artery disease phobic" and most importantly "sophistry phobic"

Does that make me a terrible person?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

James Caruthers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I'm going to my american crime fiction course soon. No shit, but last class, we heard such nonsense as "all crime is political." And an attempt to represent criminal actions as a part of class struggle against teh patriarchy/teh capitalism.

So yeah, there really are people out there who think crime and policing is solely a way for "the man" to oppress all other victim groups. Not saying the justice system isn't fucked up sometimes, but c'mon.

I'm crimefluid, that means the legality of my actions is always questionable, but you'll still hear me throw a huge fucking fit if you assume I'm behaving either lawfully or unlawfully at any given moment.
Quote this to your "teacher":
Theft was the only crime, whether the loot was gold, innocence, land or life.
-Terry Pratchett, Jingo
See how it goes.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

JacquesCuze wrote:Here are all the choices of gender that Facebook now allows.

I note it includes my preferred choice, which is of course, big ender.

No otherkin though. Bigots!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... tions.html

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit
They forgot "otherkin"

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

So... That's good, right? Since the lack of a HIV disclosure law probably contributed to the high % of trans people with the disease, right?

Or is my cis-scum privelege preventing me from seeing why this is in any way a bad thing?

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

welch wrote:oh my fucking god, trying to explain to clint and damion how the fucking internet works without explaining HOW ALL OF NETWORKING WORKS is like arguing with anti-vaxxers.

Clint has totally and completely accepted brayton's non-proof as PROOF that it was JUST FTB, Skepchicks and some other site getting attacked over the weekend, and Damion is just playing "you have to explain how networking works to me before i'll accept what you're saying" shit. Fuck you D, pay me. that's a lot of work, I charge $100/hour to teach people who WANT to learn and aren't being raging cunts about it.

The best thing? Most of brayton's proof is "THEY USED OUR IP ADDRESS TO TARGET OUR SERVERS".

Well ya fat fuck, yeah, they did. Because at some point, in TCP/IP, to target ANY server for ANY reason, YOU NEED THE FUCKING IP ADDRESS, YOU ACEPHALIC FECES-EATING SLOTH.

At this point, they're literally responding like fucking anti-vaxxers. I and a couple others have tried to point out that all they have is proof an attack took place. That's it. No proof of intent, no proof of source, nothing.

It's like...if you are driving, and a car hits you from behind, and when you come to, the occupants and driver of the car that hit you are gone, and all identifying information on the car that hit you has been completely removed. All you can say is "i was hit by a car at or around THIS time, it hit my care THERE, and it came from THAT direction", at least with any form of accuracy.

These tits are claiming, sans any fucking proof, that they KNOW motive, they KNOW who did it (well sort of. if you look, it's some fucking shadowy cabal. Probably the fucking Illuminati), because the attack happened, THEREFORE...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And fucking Clint is acting like he knows a GODDAMNED THING about this shit, when it's pathetically obvious he doesn't. at one point, he pulls some "there's only 2298 (or whatever fucking number) DDOS attacks per day and a bazillion web sites, so the odds of any site getting hit..."

Really Ed? Tell me, my...fine...young lad, how are the sources for your information defining "an attack". Is it technique? Number of source servers? number of target servers? number of sites affected? WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW.

if one type of attack from 300 source machines happens, is that 1 or 300? If 4000 servers are hit, is it 1, 300, or 4000? If each of those servers hosts 5 websites, is it one attack, 300 attacks, 4000 attacks, or 20,000 attacks? If you don't define what the fuck an attack is, ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT. But ed uses an undefined number to prove a point when he doesn't understand any of it.

Ye FUCKING gods. I don't disagree the attack happened, but fuck me, I've seen NO proof of the origin, the true scope, or the motive. Yet Brayton and Clint, aka "Cunt and Cuntier" know ALL ABOUT IT.

Fuck Ed and fuck the other Ed too. The only difference between the two is which tit goes in which cup.
Information Week wrote:CloudFlare's assessment of the attack bandwidth appeared to be validated by Oles Van Herman, the head of French hosting firm OVH.com, who reported via Twitter that his company was seeing a DDoS attack with a bandwidth "far beyond" 350 Gbit/s. He confirmed that IP addresses involved in the DDoS attack -- which according to one report first began Friday -- traced back to his firm's network, but noted, "Our network is the victim, not the source."
http://www.informationweek.com/security ... id/1113787

The truth is out there.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

My impression, garnered unscientifically and anecdotally from my psychiatrist colleagues, of the distribution of Xanax to patients in the US is something like this:

http://i.usatoday.net/news/_photos/2011 ... -large.jpg

1. IOW, it's the Big Easy
2. Note the snake imagery - that makes it more traditionally medical
3. Mystik Krewe of Anxiolysis

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tony Parsehole wrote:If lying about your job to get somebody to sleep with you is rape then so is not disclosing the fact that your skin-mitten was once a veiny cock.
FFS, Tony, I thought we'd moved beyond that. Oh no, you just can't leave it alone, can you? Well, I've apologized for that night, and so far as I'm concerned that's an end to the matter. Leave me alone, or I'm gonna lawyer up with quite the spiffy company (Popehat, Vicarfez and Parsontrilby, LLC. Oh, and Goldstein. Obviously.)

Beta Neckbeard

Post by Beta Neckbeard »

@Brive1987/Cuntaji:

So glad you didn't stick your flounce, as your reviews of RW's ploppy time are both enjoyable and informative.
If you were to set up a patreon account to subsidise your admirable efforts, I would gladly contribute.

bieberslugs (if wanted)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Re: 27% trans-women in Canada have HIV/AIDS (forgot which) - maybe she thinks that is too low. If more people don't tell their partners, then the number with the disease will surely grow. Hmm - she isn't one of those "poz" vampire wannabes is she?

real horrorshow

Beta Neckbeard wrote:@Brive1987/Cuntaji:

So glad you didn't stick your flounce, as your reviews of RW's ploppy time are both enjoyable and informative.
If you were to set up a patreon account to subsidise your admirable efforts, I would gladly contribute.

bieberslugs (if wanted)
Bieber Slugs? Shesssssudder!
Badger3k wrote:Re: 27% trans-women in Canada have HIV/AIDS (forgot which) - maybe she thinks that is too low. If more people don't tell their partners, then the number with the disease will surely grow. Hmm - she isn't one of those "poz" vampire wannabes is she?
{sing]Half-fish, you're a muthafuckin half-fish[/sing]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

real horrorshow wrote:
Ok, fuck you.
I think Brive was layering irony; ie that some may feel that even being vaguely negative about someone on meds justifies bestowing a cruel label.

But that's just a guess.

BTW where are my kittens?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Pogsurf wrote:
welch wrote:oh my fucking god, trying to explain to clint and damion how the fucking internet works without explaining HOW ALL OF NETWORKING WORKS is like arguing with anti-vaxxers.

Clint has totally and completely accepted brayton's non-proof as PROOF that it was JUST FTB, Skepchicks and some other site getting attacked over the weekend, and Damion is just playing "you have to explain how networking works to me before i'll accept what you're saying" shit. Fuck you D, pay me. that's a lot of work, I charge $100/hour to teach people who WANT to learn and aren't being raging cunts about it.

The best thing? Most of brayton's proof is "THEY USED OUR IP ADDRESS TO TARGET OUR SERVERS".

Well ya fat fuck, yeah, they did. Because at some point, in TCP/IP, to target ANY server for ANY reason, YOU NEED THE FUCKING IP ADDRESS, YOU ACEPHALIC FECES-EATING SLOTH.

At this point, they're literally responding like fucking anti-vaxxers. I and a couple others have tried to point out that all they have is proof an attack took place. That's it. No proof of intent, no proof of source, nothing.

It's like...if you are driving, and a car hits you from behind, and when you come to, the occupants and driver of the car that hit you are gone, and all identifying information on the car that hit you has been completely removed. All you can say is "i was hit by a car at or around THIS time, it hit my care THERE, and it came from THAT direction", at least with any form of accuracy.

These tits are claiming, sans any fucking proof, that they KNOW motive, they KNOW who did it (well sort of. if you look, it's some fucking shadowy cabal. Probably the fucking Illuminati), because the attack happened, THEREFORE...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And fucking Clint is acting like he knows a GODDAMNED THING about this shit, when it's pathetically obvious he doesn't. at one point, he pulls some "there's only 2298 (or whatever fucking number) DDOS attacks per day and a bazillion web sites, so the odds of any site getting hit..."

Really Ed? Tell me, my...fine...young lad, how are the sources for your information defining "an attack". Is it technique? Number of source servers? number of target servers? number of sites affected? WE DON'T FUCKING KNOW.

if one type of attack from 300 source machines happens, is that 1 or 300? If 4000 servers are hit, is it 1, 300, or 4000? If each of those servers hosts 5 websites, is it one attack, 300 attacks, 4000 attacks, or 20,000 attacks? If you don't define what the fuck an attack is, ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT. But ed uses an undefined number to prove a point when he doesn't understand any of it.

Ye FUCKING gods. I don't disagree the attack happened, but fuck me, I've seen NO proof of the origin, the true scope, or the motive. Yet Brayton and Clint, aka "Cunt and Cuntier" know ALL ABOUT IT.

Fuck Ed and fuck the other Ed too. The only difference between the two is which tit goes in which cup.
Information Week wrote:CloudFlare's assessment of the attack bandwidth appeared to be validated by Oles Van Herman, the head of French hosting firm OVH.com, who reported via Twitter that his company was seeing a DDoS attack with a bandwidth "far beyond" 350 Gbit/s. He confirmed that IP addresses involved in the DDoS attack -- which according to one report first began Friday -- traced back to his firm's network, but noted, "Our network is the victim, not the source."
http://www.informationweek.com/security ... id/1113787

The truth is out there.
Thanks. Also here:

http://www.scmagazine.com/cloudflare-fi ... le/333585/
The DDoS experts with CloudFlare first began seeing attacks of increasing size over the last 72 hours, Matthew Prince, CEO of CloudFlare, told SCMagazine.com in a Tuesday email correspondence. He said the attacks peaked for a few hours on Monday afternoon, PST.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I think that more or less settles it as far as the FTB, Skepchick & FemFreq attack is concerned - though it remains possible that they could have been targeted via a coincidental attack, it seems much more likely that they got caught up in this whopper.

I have freezepaged Jason TweeBoi's somewhat parochial and self-serving take on the matter in the hope that it will embarrass him later: http://www.freezepage.com/1392339973SINLOSXQTV

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gentleman Rhymer is great!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tigzy wrote:I think that more or less settles it as far as the FTB, Skepchick & FemFreq attack is concerned - though it remains possible that they could have been targeted via a coincidental attack, it seems much more likely that they got caught up in this whopper.

I have freezepaged Jason TweeBoi's somewhat parochial and self-serving take on the matter in the hope that it will embarrass him later: http://www.freezepage.com/1392339973SINLOSXQTV
http://i.imgur.com/mqczq72.png

Steffalump, why you talk rike a Chinaman or maybe one o' dem black folks?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: http://i.imgur.com/mqczq72.png

Well, she did to a talk with Greg Laden about Intelligence and Race, so she's clearly some kind of expert on it.

Steff would probably have you know that some of her best friends are intelligent.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I think that more or less settles it as far as the FTB, Skepchick & FemFreq attack is concerned - though it remains possible that they could have been targeted via a coincidental attack, it seems much more likely that they got caught up in this whopper.

This one makes my brain hurt:
ThimbleBrain wrote:Absolutely true, leni. But I’ll take that one step further: misandry is also when feminists critique the patriarchy for any reason, including when they’re critiquing things that demonstrably harm men. When anti-feminists critique the patriarchy, they’re MRAs, and they’ll make sure to blame women for the existence of said patriarchy while denying the word itself.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

I'm guessing she has Zachary Disease.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Ok, fuck you.
I think Brive was layering irony; ie that some may feel that even being vaguely negative about someone on meds justifies bestowing a cruel label.

But that's just a guess.

BTW where are my kittens?
You're new here, aren't you.

Here's your kitten.

http://images.watoday.com.au/2008/11/20 ... -420x0.jpg

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Peezus Christ: http://skeptischism.com/atheismneat/201 ... omment-162
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: You come up with a model of evolution without sex, one that explains away meiosis and fertilization, that provides alternate models for kin selection, mating strategy, eusocial insects, eye color, peacocks for chrissakes, and I’ll gladly make it a guest post.
HJ Hornbeck responded with a link to Wikipedia's entry on asexual reproduction and wrote: I don’t really need to, biologists have long since figured out sex-less evolution. Or did you mean a sex-less model that only applies to mammals who do sexual reproduction? Some clarification would be appreciated.
Did Hornbeck really miss Matt's huge list of qualifiers that are specific to sexual reproduction? You know, the list that begins with "meiosis and fertilization" and makes crystal clear that responding to the singled-out phrase "You come up with a model of evolution without sex" as though it were unqualified would be blatant quote-mining?

"Some clarification would be appreciated"?

Discourse. You're doing it wrong.

:rimshot:

Also, I hate when the word discourse is used as a fancy synonym for debate or discussion in a general sense. It's postmodern jargon and it's pompous and hackneyed. I don't mind the word so much when it's used to refer to a specific kind of dialogue, as in political discourse or even critical discourse (yikes!), but in most contexts I find it cringe-worthy. Kind of like the word problematic. :roll:

welch

Post by welch »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Because being scared of an incurable disease that gives you a slow painful death is obviously an "irrational fear".

I'm "aids phobic" "cancer phobic" "coronary artery disease phobic" and most importantly "sophistry phobic"

I'm "getting shot", "getting stabbed" and "getting raped"-phobic.

I'm an even worse person.

John D

Post by John D »

bhoytony wrote:
John D wrote: She is looking better these days. The hair is coming along nicely and soon she will be able to have a cut that is actually a bit attractive. (HINT: If you don't dye your eyebrows at the same time as dying your hair you will look freaky. People with red hair usually have red or blondish eyebrows)
What about people with blue hair?
If you really want to pull off the scene-girl look you can have dark eyebrows... but... there is an awesome way to have blue hair... and a shitty way to have blue hair. Here is how it is done.
[img]
731cd25eb2d1957b81a16292a379085c.jpg
(257.67 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
[/img]

welch

Post by welch »

They're like children repeating things they hear grownups saying.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
:clap:

John D

Post by John D »

welch wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:

I'm "getting shot", "getting stabbed" and "getting raped"-phobic.

I'm an even worse person.
So - true story. I went to college (night school) and studied with a guy once in a while. This was ages ago when AIDS was first getting big and people didn't know shit about it. We would talk about AIDS a lot for some reason. He said that he was afraid he would catch it even though he had a single steady sex-partner (his wife). So then.... he broke up with his wife. And then he stopped coming to school. I finally saw him about six months later and said "Hey man... where have you been... I thought you caught AIDS or something!?"

Haha. This was totally the wrong thing to say. He gives me a real stricken look and I say "Oh shit.... do you have AIDS?" and he says "No. I had a nervous breakdown. After I broke up with my wife I got so paranoid I would catch AIDS I couldn't leave the house.... It was due to the stress. I am in treatment now."

Fuck... I don't think I have ever made a worse joke in my life. I am thankful that he actually thought it was kind of funny. He explained that he should have seen it coming since he was obsessing so much.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Having blue hair guide.

Step 1: Be hot

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news: You people know who Trivers is right?

Welp he made the news recently as Rutgers makes professor teach class he is clueless about, suspends him for telling students
In the first lecture, Trivers informed the 30 or so Rutgers undergrads who had signed up for the class that his plan was to learn the course materials gamely along with them. He observed that he thought it was strange that he was teaching the course in the first place since he is no expert on the material. He said he also planned to bring in a guest lecturer.

Administrators at the taxpayer-funded university then suspended Trivers for the crime of imparting this information to students. Rutgers officials also said Trivers was essentially refusing to teach the course, even though he was teaching the course.
:doh:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

So the mean queen is agitated. I hope she doesn't catch the PTSD, that shit makes you whine and overeat.

http://imgur.com/iklByVh.jpg