Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Really? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:So there's an FtBCon session on the history and accomplishments of AtheismPlus. It's exactly what you think it is because... what accomplishments? So it's a lot of excuse-making. No, really, they can't come up with anything, just a shit ton of woulda-coulda-shouldas. Too busy fighting evildoers for their "safe space," not enough Spoons (which carries the affectation of being a capital-T Theory, I didn't know that), "honest respectful" disagreements (bug-eyed screaming matches) among themselves (one Thanksgiving initiative didn't come off because Thanksgiving is bad medicine for NoGodsNoMasters, who is another white "Native American"), yadda, yadda.

There are big plans cooking, though. Like A+ Blogs, for example. Which you can't find, because it isn't linked on the front page -- http://atheismplus.com/blogs/. And it of course, has no content. Well actually, it does have a few posts, but you have to click the strangely named A+ Organization Mode or Main Content Mode links at the top to see them.

It's a sad spectacle. They're ebullient about one thing, though -- after a year and a quarter of doing nothing, they're still around. Despite the nay-sayers, they didn't drive off too many potential members, didn't dwindle and disappear, they merely went "underground." So nyah, slymey fuckers. When they unite the Facebook pages, Reddit forum, sympathetic blogs, and the Mothership under the coming non-profit umbrella, we won't laugh any longer.

[youtube]v0nhF2FosxQ[/youtube]
Remember A+Scribe? Oh that's right, nobody could be bothered to actually type transcripts. No A+ venture will ever succeed because the members are lazy and entitled and think that bitching in their safe spaces counts as activism.
1) They haven't transcribed the incredibly valuable A+/FTBSeriesofGoogleHangouts sessions? How in the world are deaf and/or blind people supposed to access this information? Why does A+/FTB hate the differently abled? I should hope a boycott is in the offing. Is there ANY accessibility statement for the SeriesofGoogleHangouts? What about allies who don't have internet access?

2) HOW CAN THE A+ LOONEYS BLAME OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEY IMMEDIATELY PURGE THEMSELVES OF ANYONE WHO EXPRESSES ANY KIND OF DISSENT?!?!?! EVEN PEOPLE WHO ACCIDENTALLY DROP BY AND REALIZE THEY MAY NOT BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE?

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Guest wrote:Has anyone heard of this tumblr feminist Lindsay Bottos??

Seems like she's trying to become the next Anita Sarkeesian.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/ ... sages-in-a
Never heard about it her before now. On buzzfeed she says
“The messages I’ve received are definitely indicative of a greater problem of online bullying and the anonymity of the internet,” she said. “In my personal experience from what I’ve seen on Tumblr, the majority of the people who get messages like this are girls and women. It’s hard to say, but it seems like a lot of girl-on-girl hate.”
Which I am sure is accurate for many reasons, but especially because women hate women and tumblr is mostly women.

On her tumblr she says:

http://i.imgur.com/MzQNtxy.jpg

So fine, just another SJW troll. Whatevs. I see she has an enormous thigh gap, so I'll just note her huge unremarked thigh gap privilege.

She who fights with monsters should look to it that she herself does not become a monster. And when you troll long into the culture the culture also trolls into you.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

This is one of the least entertaining Super Bowls I can remember.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

I always thought Super Bowl was about bowling, and I will continue to hold this delusion. :dance:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:This is one of the least entertaining Super Bowls I can remember.
I haven't watched a sporting event in years, and the Super Bowl is what I miss the least. Bread and circuses and all that.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:1) They haven't transcribed the incredibly valuable A+/FTBSeriesofGoogleHangouts sessions? How in the world are deaf and/or blind people supposed to access this information? Why does A+/FTB hate the differently abled? I should hope a boycott is in the offing. Is there ANY accessibility statement for the SeriesofGoogleHangouts? What about allies who don't have internet access?
I don't know if you know how uncanny that post is. One early visitor to APlus was this chipper dude who had links to a video series that he thought was right up their alley: feminism, social justice, and the like.

First question: Where are the transcripts?

They aren't ready, I hope to have them done soon.

Of course, from that moment it was ON. Big gangpile.

INCONSIDERATE DEHUMANIZING ABLEIST SCUM, TAKE YOUR FUCKING VIDEOS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS!

Really. They went full-tilt deranged on the poor guy. He stayed upbeat and polite, but he didn't stay around much longer.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Guest wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
I think it is far worse that you are stating here, there are MRAs and MGTOWs saying they will vote not guilty (in any rape or sexual assault case) in any jury services they are involved with. Due to feminists trying to turn all PIV into rape and every other interaction into sexual assault. I have even heard them say they wouldn't help any women who they see getting raped, or even if they they see a child in distress. Though the last two I'm not so sure about as you don't get to turn off your empathy like a tap as evolution is a bitch. The toxic type of feminism being promoted now even by the main stream media is going to have tragic real world consequences. Not that the feminists and social justice warriors care as they need to have rape culture accepted to advance their ideology.
On the positive side of all this, I think men who are MRA/MGTOW are a minority just as feminists like McEwan are a minority.

Most people couldn't give a shit about any of this crap and just go about their daily business without knowing about any of these ridiculous online shenanigans. I'm envious of them. Of all my actual, real-life friends, only about 5 have twitter accounts and only 1 ever tweets about anything even tangentially related to SJ issues, and she's very moderate. I know a few guys who are moderately interested in Game/PUA stuff but it's low on their priority list behind real stuff like jobs and gym and games and family and actual girlfriends.

Away from the blogosphere - as addictive as it is - there is a real world out there.
Is this true though, the Guardian newspaper (the lefties bible) is printing in the main stream media how boys are sex crazed and out of control. We have Newsnight (BBC) were 'men are raise to hate women' comments go unchallenged. You have the president of the USA quoting a long debunked myth about women's pay rates; most people wont be bothered about anything (directly effecting them) but that wont stop lobby groups. Complacency is the fertility of all demagogues, would you rather fight the acorn or the oak tree?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Gumby wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:This is one of the least entertaining Super Bowls I can remember.
I haven't watched a sporting event in years, and the Super Bowl is what I miss the least. Bread and circuses and all that.
I find it quite entertaining! By my reckoning the Seattle Rad Fems are crushing the San Francisco Poofters!~ :dance: :dance:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

:oops: *affecting, stupid edit button.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

Gumby wrote:
This guy says shut yo mouf: http://www.avclub.com/article/nobody-ca ... -bo-200983

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

I see Alex Conall has the epithet "Atheism+ Social justice bard". This gave me a smile, I guess I should check out her poetry.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Ophie has a post (well, a copy paste with a few sentences, you know how she is) up on the Woody Allen thing - I guess this is something recent? I read a bit of that thing posted here, but doubt if Ophie read it, or even knows of it. Doubt she'd care, either - it has to be all about doubting the woman. There was enough there (the one in this thread from a few days ago, IIRC) that made me wonder if what I knew was correct, but not enough to care and see what was accurate.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Cliché Guevara wrote:
Gumby wrote:
This guy says shut yo mouf: http://www.avclub.com/article/nobody-ca ... -bo-200983
He can suck a fart out of my privileged ass.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ianfc wrote:[youtube]v0nhF2FosxQ[/youtube]

I see Alex Conall has the epithet "Atheism+ Social justice bard". This gave me a smile, I guess I should check out her poetry.
Will it make Yemmi sad?

I'm just amazed that they could go on for 55 minutes about A+. All you need it "It's a failure, a laughingstock, and a haven for psychos" - but that's probably ablest. How can you pad that out for that long, though. Did they talk about how drunk they are?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:I always thought Super Bowl was about bowling, and I will continue to hold this delusion. :dance:
Better still who won, even better who played and did they win the world series?

:cdc:

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:So there's an FtBCon session on the history and accomplishments of AtheismPlus. It's exactly what you think it is because... what accomplishments? So it's a lot of excuse-making. No, really, they can't come up with anything, just a shit ton of woulda-coulda-shouldas. Too busy fighting evildoers for their "safe space," not enough Spoons (which carries the affectation of being a capital-T Theory, I didn't know that), "honest respectful" disagreements (bug-eyed screaming matches) among themselves (one Thanksgiving initiative didn't come off because Thanksgiving is bad medicine for NoGodsNoMasters, who is another white "Native American"), yadda, yadda.

There are big plans cooking, though. Like A+ Blogs, for example. Which you can't find, because it isn't linked on the front page -- http://atheismplus.com/blogs/. And it of course, has no content. Well actually, it does have a few posts, but you have to click the strangely named A+ Organization Mode or Main Content Mode links at the top to see them.

It's a sad spectacle. They're ebullient about one thing, though -- after a year and a quarter of doing nothing, they're still around. Despite the nay-sayers, they didn't drive off too many potential members, didn't dwindle and disappear, they merely went "underground." So nyah, slymey fuckers. When they unite the Facebook pages, Reddit forum, sympathetic blogs, and the Mothership under the coming non-profit umbrella, we won't laugh any longer.

Remember A+Scribe? Oh that's right, nobody could be bothered to actually type transcripts. No A+ venture will ever succeed because the members are lazy and entitled and think that bitching in their safe spaces counts as activism.
1) They haven't transcribed the incredibly valuable A+/FTBSeriesofGoogleHangouts sessions? How in the world are deaf and/or blind people supposed to access this information? Why does A+/FTB hate the differently abled? I should hope a boycott is in the offing. Is there ANY accessibility statement for the SeriesofGoogleHangouts? What about allies who don't have internet access?

2) HOW CAN THE A+ LOONEYS BLAME OTHER PEOPLE WHEN THEY IMMEDIATELY PURGE THEMSELVES OF ANYONE WHO EXPRESSES ANY KIND OF DISSENT?!?!?! EVEN PEOPLE WHO ACCIDENTALLY DROP BY AND REALIZE THEY MAY NOT BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE?
BANNED!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Badger3k wrote:Ophie has a post (well, a copy paste with a few sentences, you know how she is) up on the Woody Allen thing - I guess this is something recent? I read a bit of that thing posted here, but doubt if Ophie read it, or even knows of it. Doubt she'd care, either - it has to be all about doubting the woman. There was enough there (the one in this thread from a few days ago, IIRC) that made me wonder if what I knew was correct, but not enough to care and see what was accurate.
She probably got it from Twitter. There's a hashtag, #IStandWithDylan or somesuch that everyone's using to HENEEDSTODIEINAFIREGRAAAR about rapist Woody.

Git

Post by Git »

The last time Denver took a beating like that, it was when John's plane went down...

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Ophie has a post (well, a copy paste with a few sentences, you know how she is) up on the Woody Allen thing - I guess this is something recent? I read a bit of that thing posted here, but doubt if Ophie read it, or even knows of it. Doubt she'd care, either - it has to be all about doubting the woman. There was enough there (the one in this thread from a few days ago, IIRC) that made me wonder if what I knew was correct, but not enough to care and see what was accurate.
She probably got it from Twitter. There's a hashtag, #IStandWithDylan or somesuch that everyone's using to HENEEDSTODIEINAFIREGRAAAR about rapist Woody.
There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that "Woody" (obviously a fake name) has been trolling Pharynguland using another obviously fake name (Ogvorbis) and getting cyberhugs for being a child molester. Honest. And if you don't have a screen capture it probably didn't happen.
If that gave you a woody you need help. :|

Garlic

Post by Garlic »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:I always thought Super Bowl was about bowling, and I will continue to hold this delusion. :dance:

To be fair, this year, you weren't far off the mark!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:She probably got it from Twitter. There's a hashtag, #IStandWithDylan or somesuch that everyone's using to HENEEDSTODIEINAFIREGRAAAR about rapist Woody.
There is absolutely no truth to the rumor that "Woody" (obviously a fake name) has been trolling Pharynguland using another obviously fake name (Ogvorbis) and getting cyberhugs for being a child molester. Honest. And if you don't have a screen capture it probably didn't happen.
Ah, so you're one of those who thinks Purple Rose of Cairo is a name for a quaint B&W talkie and not Egyptian meatflaps. Woodvorbis has been hiding in plain sight for years for people who have eyes that can see, my friend.

Southern

Post by Southern »

James Caruthers wrote:I think the Washington Redskins should change their name to the Washington Blackfaces.
Or the Washington Suck-a-lot-ers. It's kinda humiliating when you end the year in the worst spot among all teams. No wonder the Native Americans are pissed off. The Redskins aren't making them any favors.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Ugh. This is annoying. I had almost forgotten about Ogvorbis, the confessed rapist of multiple children. I wonder if anyone will mention the resident FTB child rapist in the comments of Ophie's brief summary of someone else's article.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

For Phil and by this law does a French man get to rape his wife is she isn't putting out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... f-sex.html

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ianfc wrote:[youtube]v0nhF2FosxQ[/youtube]

"Nogodsnomasters" claims in this video that she experienced ageism as she "came out of her teens". Oh, fuck off. If anyone's privileged, it's 20-year-olds. If being "discriminated" against for being 20 is your big thing to complain about in life, you're the luckiest fucking fucker on the planet. You dumb cunt.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Atheism Plus, then and now:

Then: "FUCK OFF YOU CISPRIVILEGED ABLEIST RAPE-ENABLING PATRIARCHAL FAT SHAMERS!!!"

Now: "Where did everyone go?"

But I suppose it's only natural they blame themselves. Rather than swallow some crow and admit their mistakes, it's much easier to continue spewing the toxic venom that alienated them from everyone else to begin with.

James Caruthers

They NOT blame themselves, I mean.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Git wrote:The last time Denver took a beating like that, it was when John's plane went down...
:rimshot:

James Caruthers

[youtube]r2WscM08XNA[/youtube]
I loved this.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

John who?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ape+lust wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Wrong movie
By gum, you're right!

http://imgur.com/jWH47V5.jpg
:lol:

Admit it, that's like the easiest 'shop you've ever done, Ape+lust. You didn't have to blend, gloss, adjust colors or transparency ... crap, even I could have probably managed it. :mrgreen:

Post by guest »

Badger3k wrote: ? When was this - the Hrab thing? I must have missed it, or it was so small I forgot about it. Googling gave me nothing, but I did read an interesting reddit about tablegate. (http://archive.is/XLdjW)

I'm not sure how accurate this bit is, but it certainly fits with what I had heard:
[–]Robotclown 17 points 2 months ago
Can you imagine if Rebecca stopped being a victim and complaining? She would literally have nothing to say.
Funny that.
[–]snex00 12 points 2 months ago
I knew her before she was a constant victim/complainer. Most of what she had to say back then was about how wasted she was going to get at the after-hours parties.
permalinkparent
[–]shrodingerstherapiststill waiting for my privilege 3 points 2 months ago
Also, how using douche is "literally" setting off a nuclear bomb in your vagina. She was quite obsessed about douche.
permalinkparent
[–]GunOfSod 4 points 2 months ago
One of the bearded taints favourite insults.
permalinkparent
[–]forbiddenone 4 points 2 months ago
So no change, then?
permalinkparent
[–]snex00 17 points 2 months ago
Actually, it's quite a radical change. She went from party animal with a reputation for sleeping around to feminist prude who can't abide being propositioned in an elevator.
permalinkparent
[–]ThisIsProbablyStupid 11 points 2 months ago
In other words some guy fucked her over and now we all have to suffer for it.
permalinkparent
[–]snex00 10 points 2 months ago
Her marriage was certainly short lived.
permalinkparent
(bolding mine)

Now, she just talks about how wasted she got and how men are rapist pigs (and they all want her). Really, though, she is boring. Not interesting, and if she lost elevator gate, she'd probably disappear back into the fringe/fanaticist websites.

viewtopic.php?p=148343#p148343

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote:
There was a Super Bowl?

Well, that explains the sudden absence of Velveeta, Tostitos, and Rotel tomatoes and peppers in the grocery stores around here. Sheesh.

I'm just crabby that the last hour of Sherlock S3E3 was completely ruined by "technical difficulties" on the local PBS station. Why is it that they never have "technical difficulties" when they show shite programs like Zombie Tenors or Screeching Celtic Women or Boring Old Rednecks We Found in Dusty Texas Towns for the 73rd time during their endless fundraisers?? GAAAAHHHH.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
bhoytony wrote:Wrong movie
By gum, you're right!

http://imgur.com/jWH47V5.jpg
:lol:

Admit it, that's like the easiest 'shop you've ever done, Ape+lust. You didn't have to blend, gloss, adjust colors or transparency ... crap, even I could have probably managed it. :mrgreen:
True! His face got sucked onto that clown like cat hair on a sweater. I had to rough it up a little or no one would believe I didn't steal the poster straight off his site :D

didymos

Post by didymos »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:What do 'pitters think about this?

[youtube]mR-tbOxlhvE[/youtube]
Interestingly, "redskin" is native in origin. It entered English as a loan translation.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Remember A+Scribe? Oh that's right, nobody could be bothered to actually type transcripts. No A+ venture will ever succeed because the members are lazy and entitled and think that bitching in their safe spaces counts as activism.
Shit, Greta Christina assembled all the links for their so-called APlus Library in December 2012. All they had to do was post them in a subsection of the site. A month or so ago, she inquired what was up with the library. I don't know if she got a real answer. It's no wonder she's no longer an active member. She's a ditz, but she's a ditz who does things from time to time.

They're endlessly dreaming up grandiose plans, like the A Plus Help Support Network, where one proposal was to have local charities hand administrative and logistic duties to APlus, so they'd be the central hub for triaging/directing help requests countrywide, maybe even worldwide. It seems unwarranted massive self-regard is a hallmark affliction of SJWs.
That scheme was amazing, in its depth of self-importance and ideas of their power. They were like a really clever 12-year-old, who had this brilliant solution to, like, all the world's wars, and she would, like, be a central organizing node where all the, like, leaders and stuff would get together and come sit in her den and just, like, talk things through.

Yeah, it was that bad. I believe they wanted to triage all phone calls made to The Samaritans, rape helplines, spousal abuse helplines, and so on, and they would have a crack team of Aplussers ready to search Google for the caller's nearest center which could deal with their needs. I'm not even fucking joking.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

For the 10 millionth time APlussers are blowing indignant about whites "appropriating" dreadlocks.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5826

So, I'd like to know: why don't they ever come down on Mohawks? Dreads and feathered headdresses are bad, but Mohawks are okay because their hipster buddies like them? Sarah Moglia and Surly Johnny are two I can think of offhand that have had the haircut.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:1) They haven't transcribed the incredibly valuable A+/FTBSeriesofGoogleHangouts sessions? How in the world are deaf and/or blind people supposed to access this information? Why does A+/FTB hate the differently abled? I should hope a boycott is in the offing. Is there ANY accessibility statement for the SeriesofGoogleHangouts? What about allies who don't have internet access?
I don't know if you know how uncanny that post is. One early visitor to APlus was this chipper dude who had links to a video series that he thought was right up their alley: feminism, social justice, and the like.

First question: Where are the transcripts?

They aren't ready, I hope to have them done soon.

Of course, from that moment it was ON. Big gangpile.

INCONSIDERATE DEHUMANIZING ABLEIST SCUM, TAKE YOUR FUCKING VIDEOS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR ASS!

Really. They went full-tilt deranged on the poor guy. He stayed upbeat and polite, but he didn't stay around much longer.
Yeah, that was a golden learning opportunity for us all: A+Theism was absolutely a place where putting any actual effort into social justice was completely sickening, and a vile attempt to make the Mods feels bad about the fact that all they had to offer was pointing out bad stuff in the world, then sitting back and taking the glory for copy-pasting stories from activist websites (Hi, Opheliar!).

Post by Guest »

It's about getting too high to notice the yank nonsense.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:That scheme was amazing, in its depth of self-importance and ideas of their power. They were like a really clever 12-year-old, who had this brilliant solution to, like, all the world's wars, and she would, like, be a central organizing node where all the, like, leaders and stuff would get together and come sit in her den and just, like, talk things through.

Yeah, it was that bad. I believe they wanted to triage all phone calls made to The Samaritans, rape helplines, spousal abuse helplines, and so on, and they would have a crack team of Aplussers ready to search Google for the caller's nearest center which could deal with their needs. I'm not even fucking joking.
Oh man, no shit! They were like kids who thought they'd be Superman if they put on a cape. And NOT ONE PERSON who thought it was nutty said a word. They might be young, but they're fargin' adults. Yet they're as barmy with their make-believe as 7 year olds.

Just getting a technical support call routed to Bangalore is one of the most aggravating things ever. Can you imagine someone with a bottle of scotch, a gun pointed at their head, and Grimalkin answers the phone? BOOM!

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

For the curious, I came across a comment wherein oggy describes himself a fat disabled veteran/atheist/public historian with an honours degree in history.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-340721

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

katamari Damassi wrote:
John Greg wrote:Who's this Gefan person?
I heard he's an unknown actor cast to play Elevatorguy.
Well, you certainly got the "unknown" bit right.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

guest wrote:
Badger3k wrote: ? When was this - the Hrab thing? I must have missed it, or it was so small I forgot about it.

viewtopic.php?p=148343#p148343
Ahh - thanks, I forgot about that. I do remember going there, and I really wasn't sure it was that big a thing. Maybe I was wrong.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

DaveDodo007 wrote:For Phil and by this law does a French man get to rape his wife is she isn't putting out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... f-sex.html
No, he doesn't (nor does his wife get to rape him if he doesn't put out). It's a part of marital laws in France that both husband and wife have a duty to perform their "marital obligations". Most of the time a lack thereof is not a big deal, but it can weight heavily in the balance for a divorce. A man would get the same verdict as that woman in the opposite case. in principle.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/guides/contra ... du-mariage
Par ailleurs, les époux sont considérés, aux yeux de la loi, comme un foyer : le mariage implique donc la procréation et l'agrandissement de la cellule familiale.
In addition, spouses are considered, in the eyes of the law, as a home: marriage implies reproduction and expansion of the family unit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Holy fuck. My trolling paid off. I just got HJ Hornbeck to admit that white men can experience sexism and racism.
His response to me for ragging on him for being a white, cis male:
Ah, so you agree with the content of the speech, the person delivering it just has the wrong race, assigned sex, and chosen sex. How does this NOT make you racist and sexist?
(comment is near the bottom of the stacked replies)

Uh-oh. Somebody hasn't been reading their social-justice rulebook.
[youtube]PPgCLIc0W_I[/youtube]

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

HA!!!! Keep crying your white, male tears HJ Hornbeck.
Hj Hornbeck
6 minutes ago
You've already conceded you have no objection to anything I've said in my lecture, your objections centre entirely on my race. I ask again: how does that not make you racist here?
Fred West
10 seconds ago

Hmmm....Maybe...I dunno...Maybe...Becasue black people CANNOT be racist you fucking idiot.
Racism= Power+prejudice. How the fucking fuck do I, a black woman, have POWER? I belong to a group with negative privilege and you, a white man, dare to call me racist?
Get a fucking education you moron.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Tony's credibility as a black woman is a bit diminished by that white-male-sounding name and the profile picture featuring a white cis man.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Tony's credibility as a black woman is a bit diminished by that white-male-sounding name and the profile picture featuring a white cis man.
way ahead of you Kitteh.
You see I already told them in the thread that I'm a black-identifying trans-woman otherkin. My otherkin being the late Fred West.
So although I was born with white skin and a penis I don't identify with them and am, for all intents and puposes, a black woman who thinks she's a male serial killer.

Privilege: -4567
Social-Justice checkmate.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Holy fuck. My trolling paid off. I just got HJ Hornbeck to admit that white men can experience sexism and racism.
His response to me for ragging on him for being a white, cis male:
Ah, so you agree with the content of the speech, the person delivering it just has the wrong race, assigned sex, and chosen sex. How does this NOT make you racist and sexist?
(comment is near the bottom of the stacked replies)

Uh-oh. Somebody hasn't been reading their social-justice rulebook.
Man tears incoming! I'm dyin' and cryin' here, that thread is a wall of laffs! If you put a frame around it and sold it on Etsy, you'd blow the doors off Surlyramic sales. And most of it would probably come from knobs who'd mistake your absurdist comedy for the high octane social justice they've been waiting for :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:Tony's credibility as a black woman is a bit diminished by that white-male-sounding name and the profile picture featuring a white cis man.
way ahead of you Kitteh.
You see I already told them in the thread that I'm a black-identifying trans-woman otherkin. My otherkin being the late Fred West.
So although I was born with white skin and a penis I don't identify with them and am, for all intents and puposes, a black woman who thinks she's a male serial killer.

Privilege: -4567
Social-Justice checkmate.
:lol: :clap:

Thomas Jefferson said that:
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity.
Not sure that "Teh Patriarchy!!11!" and much of transgenderism and identity politics is any less "unintelligible" than the trinity. But certainly seems that much of it deserves or calls for the same degree of ridicule.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

FWIW, a comment of mine on Ed Brayton’s blog where a number of us have weighed-in on the battle of the century between Amanda Marcotte and Sean Hannity. It’s sitting in moderation at the moment, but that is probably due to the several links I’ve included (I should know better):
Steersman wrote:Jacob Schmidt (#138):
You mean the article [by Cathy Young] upon which I first commented in this thread? Indeed, I might have read that.
Indeed you did. Though I note that Ms. Marcotte eventually deleted the offending post and, belatedly, genuflected in the direction of “due process”:
"I do not support [prosecutor] Mike Nifong’s choices in this case and wish generally that rape cases could be handled with due process instead of tried by a public that has politicized what should be a matter for the criminal justice system. Any suggestion that I feel any way about this case outside of that is false."
Hardly the actions of someone who felt her words and position were above reproach. In addition, that “due process” was a salient part of her final word suggests that consideration of it was notably lacking in earlier ones. Also, while I will concede that Cathy Young’s comments don’t seem to actually include any quotes of Marcotte that would explicitly justify Young’s “presumption of innocence” comment, although I note Young only said “it seems ….”, you might also wish to refer to this post – unless you’ve already done so – which looks rather damning.

In particular you might note that the author quotes fairly extensively from no less than 5 of Marcotte’s posts on the Duke case, each one of which has apparently been deleted. And, even apart from what that absence might imply about their prior contents, her frequent references to “rape apologists” and to “white male entitlement to abuse women and get away with it, especially if they are of the wrong sex class or wrong skin color” looks rather much like condemning the accused without the trivial and niggling details of a trial. As the author put it: “That's an awfully tart take on a case in which any evidence of a rape had to yet be produced.”

But I can very much sympathize with your earlier comment to the effect “… that trying to make a case after the evidence has disappeared, or when the evidence is inherently sparse … sucks.” The Duke case, the recent revival of accusations against Woody Allen, and, no doubt, thousands more, all with their not inconsiderable measures of grief due to that fact. Part of the reason why I’ve argued on AtheismPlus and elsewhere, and at some length, that iPhone Apps should be developed and used to record more of those types of encounters.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Wow, so Parsehole, very social justice, much privilege, excellent trolling. Wow.

James Caruthers

Ape+lust wrote:For the 10 millionth time APlussers are blowing indignant about whites "appropriating" dreadlocks.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5826

So, I'd like to know: why don't they ever come down on Mohawks? Dreads and feathered headdresses are bad, but Mohawks are okay because their hipster buddies like them? Sarah Moglia and Surly Johnny are two I can think of offhand that have had the haircut.
Oh, you mean like how that black guy from The Wire appropriated one of the gods in the film Thor? Or how about Samuel L. Jackson appropriating Nick Fury in the Marvel movies? That kind of cultural appropriation?

New rule: If you're not white and of northern European ancestry like myself, you're not allowed to like, reference or have anything to do with Norse mythology. Yeah, that's right, fuck of the lot of you non-whites. No black people are allowed to like Thor. No Asians can enjoy reading stories about Loki fucking over Baldr. All you non-whites are BANNED from Norse mythology! Because of the circumstances of your birth! I'm a proud worshipper of the Norse tradition, and whenever I see you appropriating my culture, I cry internet rage tears of horror and get PTSD for a month!

Or maybe "cultural appropriation" is a shallow justification to be a racist piece of shit. Which is why it doesn't bother me when I see black people playing "white" characters, because honestly who gives a fuck about race. I also wouldn't mind if a white guy was chosen to play a black character, as long as the actor was good. Oh but I forgot, pretending like race doesn't exist is another form of being racist, UNLIKE telling white people they're not allowed to enjoy things from black culture, which is totes not racist in any way.

James Caruthers

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploa ... istory.jpg
^This is acceptable. These fine actors are celebrating their shared culture and ancestral background. :dance:

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/globa ... /55361.jpg
This is horrible appropriation of my culture and it needs to stop now! :naughty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There has been a brush war going on at http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... /#comments

Unfortunately the 'pit has been owned by democommie:

http://i.imgur.com/ymnSWxs.jpg

* Hangs head in shame *

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

... further to Steersman above - but with (me thinks) more lolz

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:
There is a script here:

tinyurl.com/ev-fem which goes to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1STN ... edit?pli=1

It's 21 or 31 pages long. I got about 4 pages in and then the whiskey kicked in. The first 4 pages are just 100 years of historical reviews of studies about "are boys and girls equal in terms of various abilities" and yet, apart from mentioning the studies, now real evidence was put forth.
I just skimmed it. What a complete fucking idiot!

shit-for-brains wrote:The assertion that there are exactly two sexes is pretty new....

... you don’t need a Y chromosome to make a man. XX males are rare ... but they’ve been well documented by science. Nor, for that matter, does the presence of a Y chromosome guarantee maleness, as XY females also exist....

... PMS probably doesn’t exist....

... Suppose I assert that all women possess vaginas, and find that out of 100 women, 100 possess vaginas. Have I demonstrated that the 101st woman will possess a vagina? Nope....

... No other animal has the genetic code I do, and given how many possible genomes there are, none probably ever will.... How then can you and I share an essential nature ...?

... Sex really is a social construct, then, exactly as the Transfeminist Manifesto claims.

O good. When someone suggested the talk was read out from a teleprompter, I assumed there would be a transcript somewhere - just not one done by the legions of A+ scribes. I also needed someone to find it for me and, if possible, read it so I don't have to. Success!

[Never fear. If I don't actually read it, I'll hand in my Skeptic Card at the security office on the way out.]

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Southern wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:I think the Washington Redskins should change their name to the Washington Blackfaces.
Or the Washington Suck-a-lot-ers. It's kinda humiliating when you end the year in the worst spot among all teams. No wonder the Native Americans are pissed off. The Redskins aren't making them any favors.
Well it's the name, isn't it?

Everyone knows all about those pesky injuns. One day the injun agent goes rogue and sells 'em guns and firewater and they go on the warpath - which means riding around a bunch of wagons in circles so that heavily armed palefaces can shoot them. They are only allowed to set fire to the canvas on the (gloriously named) "chuck" wagon and injure ol' Grumpy, who may or may not survive depending on how loveable he is and whether the plot needs a "sad" interlude to prove how awful the injuns are. After that, they ride off and drink more fire water until the paleface hero kills the hothead who was really the only bad guy and they all smoke the peace pipe.

How is that going to fire up yer footy team? They'd be better off calling themselves the Ol' Grumpies.