Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Tribble

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Tribble »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:I'm boycotting GitHub from now on. Censorship is stupid, and I don't hold the silly view that censorship of free speech by so-called private entities is not really censorship of free speech.
Me, too!

Of course, I'd actually never heard of it as the last time I did any programming, the 'Internet' as we know it today didn't actually exist and people like me hung out on USENET and FIDONET. By why let facts get in the way of bandwagon hopping?

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Mykeru wrote:
Liesmith wrote:
Dammit, I just woke up from my Shirley Manson photo-induced coma...now here come the photos of a wet Michelle.

Well, see ya'll next year I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GHKMtCoE-0
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/1136 ... 24fa_o.gif
And my daughter wonders why I don't want another dog... How I'm all 'nope, cats only from now on...'

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tribble wrote:
And my daughter wonders why I don't want another dog... How I'm all 'nope, cats only from now on...'
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/file ... xernie.jpg

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ROBOKiTTY wrote: A prime example of how SJWs stretch the meaning of words until they are barely recognizable to any sane individual. How does a parody project 'harrass' people if they can simply choose not to look for it? Do these people have to actively seek out content they find distasteful or offensive? Once they find it, do they have to go back to it again and again, just to ramp up victim points?

Who cares if some people are actively making content that would offend me if I saw it? There are forums for white supremacists, anti-vaxxers, HIV denialists, et al, which are capable of causing more demonstrable harm to society. Where is the SJW outrage against them? It appears as though they look only for the mildest offence and, being too delicate to take any more than that, see it as the ultimate evil against their whole beings. This makes SJWs genuine cowards who are only interested in and able to effect minute change in the parodic microsphere they inhabit, despite all their rhetoric for social justice. Why fight real problems when there's easy points to score? The real misogynists, e.g. in the Third World, aren't going to react to Twitter/Tumblr-generated faux rage, so let's bully some weaker targets at home to make the world slightly more comfortable for us.

Pathetic useless slacktivists -- to me, every one of them has the name PeeZus Myers, and is just hiding it in shame and fear and hatred and cowardice.
Looking for something else this AM, I ran across this by accident. It's kind interesting that even the 'sane' SJWs are finding out they've created a monster:
But the conversation I had with this male feminist served to remind me that, as with any movement, there are drawbacks to the culture we have created online about being socially conscious. We talked about a commercial that he found to be “incredibly sexist,” something he was writing about and railing against on social media. He showed it to me, and I told him that it didn’t bother me at all, and that I didn’t particularly see what was so sexist about it. Without directly negating my perspective or my statements, he implied that I simply wasn’t looking at it in the right way, and continued to rail against it on my behalf as a woman. Never had I felt so condescended to, so dismissed, so used for a cause that was not my own. Whatever this was, it was not for me. It was not my feminism, and the money and clicks that he received off of being offended on my behalf only served to remind me that — as a woman — I am somehow less qualified to speak on women’s issues than him.

The culture that created people like Hugo Schwyzer, or the increasingly irrelevant and embarrassing Tim Wise, is a very real one. Profiting from the rush of righteousness that people get from collectively hating things, the call-out culture that makes an ad hominem spectacle of refuting another person’s argument, and the traffic-generating machine that is constantly finding something new to be offended by, these men and others like them are able to thrive. They can make a career of seeking out the negative, displaying it and giving attention, and taking pearl-clutching offense on behalf of other human beings who very well might not agree with them. In some warped (but very real) way, they become a bigger authority on issues that are not their own than the people who actually live them. A man is able to look a woman in the eye and tell her that she is looking at something wrong because she doesn’t find it sexist.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/chelsea-fagan ... ssionally/

She could be talking about PZ Myers and the rest of the FTB clowns. Probably not because there are 1,000s of idiotic white knights who treat women as worthless, helpless flowers while professing they think these women are strong and powerful.

In the meantime, women who say they are safe. Who say they aren't offended. Who think the problems are hysterically overblown. It's time for public shaming and attacking of theses potential 'allies' and 'supporteres.'

Call them names. Sister punishers! Chill girls! Gender traitors! All because they don't think EXACTLY like you and have the guts to call the hyseterical ninnies out on their bullshit.

One can only hope that one day, this radical, call-out, ill-mannered, professional-victim feminism will be so purged of the ideologically incorrect it'll come down to a Thunderdome Match -- two women enter, one woman leaves.

And that will be a good day.

Post by Guest »

Another Saarkesian in the making?

More and more people are learning that encouraging or even fabricating "misogyny"-themed Internet trolling is a great way of self-promotion and attention whoring. A sucker is born every minute.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Tribble wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:I'm boycotting GitHub from now on. Censorship is stupid, and I don't hold the silly view that censorship of free speech by so-called private entities is not really censorship of free speech.
Me, too!

Of course, I'd actually never heard of it as the last time I did any programming, the 'Internet' as we know it today didn't actually exist and people like me hung out on USENET and FIDONET. By why let facts get in the way of bandwagon hopping?
Bandwagons are so old-fashioned. :snooty: We're all about maglev train hopping these days.

Joseph Porter, KCB

Post by Joseph Porter, KCB »

Amen to that, ROBOKiTTY.

While legalistically censorship by a private entity is distinct from government censorship, philosophically it''s the same -- especially in the case of something like github, where the cost of hosting the censored page is marginal and effectively zero.

That's why the pit is so refreshing -- there's no walking on eggshells, there's no self-censorship because of a fear that Lsuoma is going to delete a post or drop a ban hammer because a post doesn;t agree with his beliefs, or because a mob demands it. Hell, I was amazed to see that anonymous users can post without registering -- it harkens back to Usenet.

Paradoxically, because it's not a quote "safe space" unquote, it's actually a space that feels safe. Instead, adults disagree by using words and argument, not power, privilege, or coercion. Commenters are only as powerful as their arguments are convincing, whether they are men or women, gay or straight, black or white or Asian, rich or poor, transsexual or non-gender-dysmorphic. And those arguments are evaluated on their merits, not on the socio-political-enthic status of their proponents.

Equality is achieved, because only the argument matters. The 'Pit is the realization of what the the Social Justice League purports to want.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Joseph Porter, KCB wrote:
Amen to that, ROBOKiTTY.

While legalistically censorship by a private entity is distinct from government censorship, philosophically it''s the same -- especially in the case of something like github, where the cost of hosting the censored page is marginal and effectively zero.

That's why the pit is so refreshing -- there's no walking on eggshells, there's no self-censorship because of a fear that Lsuoma is going to delete a post or drop a ban hammer because a post doesn;t agree with his beliefs, or because a mob demands it. Hell, I was amazed to see that anonymous users can post without registering -- it harkens back to Usenet.

Paradoxically, because it's not a quote "safe space" unquote, it's actually a space that feels safe. Instead, adults disagree by using words and argument, not power, privilege, or coercion. Commenters are only as powerful as their arguments are convincing, whether they are men or women, gay or straight, black or white or Asian, rich or poor, transsexual or non-gender-dysmorphic. And those arguments are evaluated on their merits, not on the socio-political-enthic status of their proponents.

Equality is achieved, because only the argument matters. The 'Pit is the realization of what the the Social Justice League purports to want.
That was very well put. Agreed 100%.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Guest wrote:Another Saarkesian in the making?

More and more people are learning that encouraging or even fabricating "misogyny"-themed Internet trolling is a great way of self-promotion and attention whoring. A sucker is born every minute.

I went to the game's Steam Greenlight Page. WHat she claims in her Twitter storm doesn't seem to be happening on Steam.

In fact, the comments are overwhelmingly postive and supportive. And this was during the supposed 'trolling period' before all the white knights came in to 'support the poor, fragile flower.'

This should be the link to Page 11 of the Greenlight comments. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /200770535

Page 11 is where the oldest comments are (Steam game comments run from newest to oldest) made on December 4th. I got to Page 7 and found, maybe, a handful of negative comments and certainly nothing that should be 'rage inducing.' And most of the negative comments were 'I don't want to play a game about depression' or that 'I can't see how this fits into the Steam commercial marketplace as this is an 'art' game.'

As far as I can see, it's entirely fabricated. Just another Meg Lanker-Simmons. Only she hasn't, unlike SJW hero Meg, threaten anyone with a .40 caliber Glock 22...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-irABrWM_OKU/U ... ck22-3.jpg

A Glock 22, btw, holds 16 rounds if you chamber one. Being a Glock, I wouldn't do it as I wouldn't want a sudden case of Glock leg. But if you're some emotionally retarded nut-case who wants to commit 'Suicide by Cop,' after committing mass murder, it's a fine, fine weapon indeed.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Joseph Porter, KCB wrote:
Amen to that, ROBOKiTTY.

That was very well put. Agreed 100%.
Yes, isn't it odd that the moral crusaders, when it comes to their censorship of dissent, adopt a legalistic (ie, "aint got nothing to do with me") out, rather than even attempting moral justification for silencing people?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yeah read my signature quote about being banned from posting at AXP fftb. Matt doesn't actually understand what he said. That should tell you something.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tribble wrote:

I went to the game's Steam Greenlight Page. WHat she claims in her Twitter storm doesn't seem to be happening on Steam.

In fact, the comments are overwhelmingly postive and supportive. And this was during the supposed 'trolling period' before all the white knights came in to 'support the poor, fragile flower.'

This should be the link to Page 11 of the Greenlight comments. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /200770535

Page 11 is where the oldest comments are (Steam game comments run from newest to oldest) made on December 4th. I got to Page 7 and found, maybe, a handful of negative comments and certainly nothing that should be 'rage inducing.' And most of the negative comments were 'I don't want to play a game about depression' or that 'I can't see how this fits into the Steam commercial marketplace as this is an 'art' game.'

As far as I can see, it's entirely fabricated. Just another Meg Lanker-Simmons. Only she hasn't, unlike SJW hero Meg, threaten anyone with a .40 caliber Glock 22...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-irABrWM_OKU/U ... ck22-3.jpg

A Glock 22, btw, holds 16 rounds if you chamber one. Being a Glock, I wouldn't do it as I wouldn't want a sudden case of Glock leg. But if you're some emotionally retarded nut-case who wants to commit 'Suicide by Cop,' after committing mass murder, it's a fine, fine weapon indeed.
Haw! Her screencaps are from WizardChan, a sort of 4chan for male virgins (Really. Virginity required. No women allowed).

There should be a name like Rule 34 for what we all know: there's a troll for everyone if you take the trouble to look. She found hers in a dank little crevice no one's heard of. It's a pity she couldn't do better, but the real mark of an oppression all-star is in how well they spin, so she can still catapult herself out of the minors if she plays this right.

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

Jenneke's okay, but I like Sarah Silverman.

[youtube]1bZfzscQMjU[/youtube]

That chorus is a real earworm!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Skep tickle wrote:I'm pages behind but just wanted to jump ahead to say hi & welcome back* to JackSkeptic. I've been wondering how you're doing & what you've been up to!

*from lurking

Hi Skeptickle. It was a simple matter of losing all my passwords and being too lazy to sort it out, although when I did it took me a few minutes, thanks to the Fascist Tit ( may his holy protrusions forever heave and bounce) I was also too busy laughing at all the stuff going on. They really have lost the plot.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ape+lust wrote:
Haw! Her screencaps are from WizardChan, a sort of 4chan for male virgins (Really. Virginity required. No women allowed).

There should be a name like Rule 34 for what we all know: there's a troll for everyone if you take the trouble to look. She found hers in a dank little crevice no one's heard of. It's a pity she couldn't do better, but the real mark of an oppression all-star is in how well they spin, so she can still catapult herself out of the minors if she plays this right.

I can see she's one of these idiots who'd tie a steak around her neck and leap over the safety railing at Lion exhibit then bitch (if she survived) about being attacked.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Joseph Porter, KCB wrote: Paradoxically, because it's not a quote "safe space" unquote, it's actually a space that feels safe. Instead, adults disagree by using words and argument, not power, privilege, or coercion. Commenters are only as powerful as their arguments are convincing, whether they are men or women, gay or straight, black or white or Asian, rich or poor, transsexual or non-gender-dysmorphic. And those arguments are evaluated on their merits, not on the socio-political-enthic status of their proponents.
Right on!

Except for the Portuguese...

[youtube]iDN0UeXM9PA[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Za-zen wrote:
John D wrote:It is oh so hard to call myself a Humanist when I am associated with these nitwits. I do have a bit of skin in the game. I am a long time AHA member and I am a Humanist Celebrant. Young liberal idiots just piss me off. I will try to take the high ground and see how much rage it creates.

Chris Stedman DEMANDS an apology from American Atheists! How dare they talk about the gays that way?
Thus, I am left wondering: Does American Atheists agree with this demeaning portrayal of LGBTQ activists? And if Muscato has employed this problematic characterization of LGTBQ activists in talks before, why hasn’t American Atheists stepped in?
http://chrisstedman.religionnews.com/20 ... comment-41

I thank fuckall that people like stedman mean fuck all, are fuck all, and will pass into fuck all in their attempt to be something more than fuck all when they have fuck all to offer those without fuck all. Being a priest of the temple of fuckall means you have to create the fuckall for those with fuckall. A continuation of the con of fuckall as the mirage of being all rather than fuck.

In short stedman and his vice high priest of humanism gambit need to fuck off.
Hoopty-hoop ears needs to calm the fuck down.

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:. At least it wasn't the freakin' stallion - don't know what the hell I would have done then.
raep

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tribble wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

I can see she's one of these idiots who'd tie a steak around her neck and leap over the safety railing at Lion exhibit then bitch (if she survived) about being attacked.
Haha, right! That's good. More like the penguin enclosure, though. The first justice warrior who's actually heroic in their heroism will get kicked out for fucking up everyone else's sweet gigs.

I'd read a while ago that Lanker-Simons was studying law at another school. That's some serious chutzpah. We'll probably hear her squalling for victim points when no bar will have a twice convicted shoulda-been-a-jailbird.

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:
John Greg wrote:It's the smile that confirms it; makes it real; solidifies it.

(that happy gleeful smile fuckin' slays me!)

I mean, yes, she is an attractive woman, not what might be called a 10, maybe a 7, but whatever ...but jesus, the omnipresent gleeful smiles that seem to be everywhere, whenever she is photographed, are what sets the deal for me.

If my mom weren't dead (the great glorious vacuum rest her soul), I'd introduce 'em!
I think that something similar is at work with stars like Ryan Gosling. He's barely even a 7. But chicks *love* him. He's a sex symbol. And it's because he comes across as a genuinely lovely person. And he went to the gym and now he has a hot body. I honestly think that an average looking person can achieve 'hotness' if they tone up. It's that whole 'health' thing.
There's a few stars like that. I heard an interview with Matthey McConaughey with one of the questions being "what's it like being you, having your life." He paused a bit and said, "It's all right. I've been really lucky and worked a bit, and I have the life I want and I get to do what I love, and get paid for it. I don't have to work more than I want, and I have enough money that I don't have to work at all. I'm doing really well, and I have no complaints. Life's pretty good."

I really dug that. He knows he's got it good, and he's not complaining about much of anything.

I don't have anything against anyone doing well. But if you're going to have it good, be more like McConaughey, and not some whining tit. It's the whining ones that make me go all stabbity.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Speaking of no-risk hero cred...

http://i.imgur.com/SadAwEq.png

somegreybloke was the only one with the decency to protest he wasn't an activist.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:Speaking of no-risk hero cred...

somegreybloke was the only one with the decency to protest he wasn't an activist.
He's still a bellend.

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Tribble wrote:It's kind interesting that even the 'sane' SJWs are finding out they've created a monster:
Honestly I'm not so sure that this one is all that more level headed - although I'm only going on this excerpt - than her compatriots, or coming to some epiphany over what has really been let loose.

I say this because it seems to me that she only recognises a problem with her male allies. Possibly solely over what she interprets as they stealing her limelight, for daring to be more than mere cheerleaders. After the initial acknowledgment over the culture they - and I presume she speaks of women here - created, the focus shifts to primarily place all blame elsewhere. Even that, like some form of fifth column, really bad apples have insinuated themselves and are trying to co-opt the movement for their own designs and profit. There seems to be no inkling of a realisation that both men and women engage in all those negative acts she listed; her opprobrium is reserved only for men who do so.

Given the weaving in of the oppression narrative, "as a woman — I am somehow less qualified to speak on women’s issues than him," and what seems to be his breach of an ideological rule, "a man is able to look a woman in the eye and tell her that she is looking at something wrong because she doesn’t find it sexist." Well I'd wager that she's not so much aware of the monster created as she is merely bothered over the wrong sort presuming to be on some level of equality.

All of which you perhaps already noted given your subsequent mention of 'chill girls' etc., and I am merely slow on the uptake.
Activists!?

Are we merely having a fundamental misunderstanding of language? Are these folks like the Tamarians of TNG, yes the words seem superficially the same to what we use in but have completely different meanings to what we commonly understand them to mean?

Alas tis nothing of the sort, just run of the mill disingenuous behaviour in service magnifying their "achievements," policing others and victim-hood / oppression Olympics. Would be almost pitiful if they weren't so often such contemptible reprobates.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

He's still a bellend.
Yeah, he is. He's not stupid enough to wear a mask and cape while he tweets though, unlike the battle and bloodshed tested PTSD survivor.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:
Joseph Porter, KCB wrote: Paradoxically, because it's not a quote "safe space" unquote, it's actually a space that feels safe. Instead, adults disagree by using words and argument, not power, privilege, or coercion. Commenters are only as powerful as their arguments are convincing, whether they are men or women, gay or straight, black or white or Asian, rich or poor, transsexual or non-gender-dysmorphic. And those arguments are evaluated on their merits, not on the socio-political-enthic status of their proponents.
Right on!

Except for the Portuguese...

[youtube]iDN0UeXM9PA[/youtube]
Right! Get me Oggie, stat!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Exerted my Jenneke Happy Fitness privilege this morning to go for a 6-mile run with my running club. We have a warmup session before we start, but it's nowhere near as exuberant or athletic as Jenneke's. Nevertheless, we're a good-natured and happy bunch. Though it was 38F to start this morning, and 44F and breezy at the finish. Trying to warm up now. [/first world problems]

Also, I may gak from reading those "activist" tweets (not from overexertion).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Y'know, post 30,000 looks awfully close...

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

He's still a bellend.
I can't watch his videos ... the voice is just too annoying.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Mykeru wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I've just received my copy of Neil Shubin's Your Inner Fish. I hope it's good!
It's undeniably interesting, but I found it gratingly self-congratulatory. The Tl;DR version would go something like this:

"Science has been searching for the transitional fossil linking fish to reptiles...I found it...one of the most stupendous discoveries in all of science...was made by me...achieving what had long been a dream...all down to me me me"

A bit like that Monty Python sketch.
[youtube]fTOH8QK-6HA[/youtube]
That's the one :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

BarnOwl wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

He's still a bellend.
I can't watch his videos ... the voice is just too annoying.
You mean the videos where he uses an animated grey person, to says the opposite of what he really means, in a really slow voice or the videos where he uses a man wearing a fedora, to say the opposite of what he really means, in a really low voice?

Either way....They.....never.....get....old.... /somegreycunt

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

A cookbook entitled Better Than Vegan just showed up in my Amazon recommendations, and I found this to be quite surprising:
The science is very clear. A whole-foods, plant-based diet is the healthiest possible way to eat—but veganism itself doesn’t mean health, as Chef Del Sroufe, author of the New York Times bestseller Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook, knows better than anyone. Sroufe managed to reach 475 pounds while eating a vegan diet rich in pastries, peanut butter, and potato chips. After converting to a vegan diet with minimal processed foods, sugars and added oils, he lost more than 240 pounds without giving up great food.
It would take a lot of pastries and potato chips to get me to even 240 pounds on a vegan diet. I'd have to sit in a recliner all day and eat. :shock:

I have the Forks Over Knives Cookbook and have tried a number of the recipes already - all very good so far. I do extremely well on a vegan diet, but it's not for everyone - I'm not prone to anemia, for one thing (quite the opposite, I've got hemochromatosis). I also live in a mild climate and have the backyard space to grow vegetables, herbs, and some fruit, pretty much year round. My dad (a nutritional biochemist) gets on my case about B-12, though.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

Haha, right! That's good. More like the penguin enclosure, though. The first justice warrior who's actually heroic in their heroism will get kicked out for fucking up everyone else's sweet gigs.

I'd read a while ago that Lanker-Simons was studying law at another school. That's some serious chutzpah. We'll probably hear her squalling for victim points when no bar will have a twice convicted shoulda-been-a-jailbird.
Yeah. The stupid thing is, from what I've read, she's going to Gonzaga (she shared a picture of the law school on Facebook or something and it was recognized), which is an average, yet expensive, private law school.

It'll run her, full costs including room & board, about $53,000 a year. From what I understand, the aggravated assault with a firearm conviction will keep her practicing law in all 50 States. Which means she's pissing away $159K on an education that will not allow her to practice law.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tony Parsehole wrote: You mean the videos where he uses an animated grey person, to says the opposite of what he really means, in a really slow voice or the videos where he uses a man wearing a fedora, to say the opposite of what he really means, in a really low voice?

Either way....They.....never.....get....old.... /somegreycunt
I guess I've only seen the ones with the animated grey person.

Like nails on a chalkboard, or medical students before an anatomy exam ....

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Fuck, I'm my own worst editing enemy.

will not allow her to practice law in many, if not all, states. Sigh. That'll teach me to not preview. (No it won't!)

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Caller ID and hanging up the phone whenever she hears UHNF UHNF UHNF from the other end would have completely solved her "sexual harassment" problem.

Oh wait, that's victim blaming. Don't tell her to move her arm 6 inches to hang up the phone, tell trolls not to call her and make jerk-off sounds into the phone. Because they'll totally listen to you.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Darth Cynic wrote:
Tribble wrote:It's kind interesting that even the 'sane' SJWs are finding out they've created a monster:
Honestly I'm not so sure that this one is all that more level headed - although I'm only going on this excerpt - than her compatriots, or coming to some epiphany over what has really been let loose.

I say this because it seems to me that she only recognises a problem with her male allies. Possibly solely over what she interprets as they stealing her limelight, for daring to be more than mere cheerleaders. After the initial acknowledgment over the culture they - and I presume she speaks of women here - created, the focus shifts to primarily place all blame elsewhere. Even that, like some form of fifth column, really bad apples have insinuated themselves and are trying to co-opt the movement for their own designs and profit. There seems to be no inkling of a realisation that both men and women engage in all those negative acts she listed; her opprobrium is reserved only for men who do so.

Given the weaving in of the oppression narrative, "as a woman — I am somehow less qualified to speak on women’s issues than him," and what seems to be his breach of an ideological rule, "a man is able to look a woman in the eye and tell her that she is looking at something wrong because she doesn’t find it sexist." Well I'd wager that she's not so much aware of the monster created as she is merely bothered over the wrong sort presuming to be on some level of equality.

All of which you perhaps already noted given your subsequent mention of 'chill girls' etc., and I am merely slow on the uptake.
I think you are correct. She only notices a problem because she's sexist. She thinks feminism (which is often defined by female feminists as simply "equality") should be all about her vag-jay-jay, and some guy is distracting from that and implying that it's possible a woman could hold sexist views. Which, as we all know, is impossible, because vaginas prevent sexist thoughts from the body. Sexist thoughts travel from society into the penis, gather in the penis and eventually travel up through the balls and into the male brain, where they are expressed via every patriarchal orifice.

I've said before that I don't have a problem if feminists want to make feminism all about women. But they can't then claim that men's rights is irrelevant because the equality movement called feminism will totes address men's issues. So far, feminism has addressed male issues the way cats address dog issues.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Giving too much credit to Sarkeesian. She couldn't make a video game if she got prepaid 160k mewla for it.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Cliché Guevara wrote:Jenneke's okay, but I like Sarah Silverman.

[youtube]1bZfzscQMjU[/youtube]

That chorus is a real earworm!
I'm in total agreement.

Silverman is on "my list" and has been for quite some time!

We've got no chance though, she's fucking Matt Damon :o

(And Jimmy Kimmel is nailing Ben Affleck!)

Post by Guest »

ROBOKiTTY wrote: A prime example of how SJWs stretch the meaning of words until they are barely recognizable to any sane individual. How does a parody project 'harrass' people if they can simply choose not to look for it? Do these people have to actively seek out content they find distasteful or offensive? Once they find it, do they have to go back to it again and again, just to ramp up victim points?

Who cares if some people are actively making content that would offend me if I saw it? There are forums for white supremacists, anti-vaxxers, HIV denialists, et al, which are capable of causing more demonstrable harm to society. Where is the SJW outrage against them? It appears as though they look only for the mildest offence and, being too delicate to take any more than that, see it as the ultimate evil against their whole beings. This makes SJWs genuine cowards who are only interested in and able to effect minute change in the parodic microsphere they inhabit, despite all their rhetoric for social justice. Why fight real problems when there's easy points to score? The real misogynists, e.g. in the Third World, aren't going to react to Twitter/Tumblr-generated faux rage, so let's bully some weaker targets at home to make the world slightly more comfortable for us.

Pathetic useless slacktivists -- to me, every one of them has the name PeeZus Myers, and is just hiding it in shame and fear and hatred and cowardice.
But just look a these poor victims, who got harassed by the existence of a parody programming language making fun of their ideology.
http://i.imgur.com/MqxipLU.png

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

They totes have no intention of harrassing or doxxing those women who contributed to C+= when they save their names, amirite?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Mykeru wrote:
Tribble wrote:
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/file ... xernie.jpg
You have to admit though that Ernie was kind of asking for it, wearing those tight sweaters.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest wrote:

But just look a these poor victims, who got harassed by the existence of a parody programming language making fun of their ideology.
So doxxing the men and women who are making fun of the idiocy is okay. Insinuating they're going to try and get these people fired is not harassment.

Got it.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Really? wrote:
Guest wrote:

So doxxing the men and women who are making fun of the idiocy is okay. Insinuating they're going to try and get these people fired is not harassment.

Got it.
He's a prescription fiend too, according to his tweets. Why are they always pill poppers?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:
Right! Get me Oggie, stat!
Easier said than done, apparently Pope PZ has transferred him to another blog and no one can find him.

goddamn 'nym

Post by goddamn 'nym »

Looks like C+= is gaining momentum. From the chat on :
Emilylyons as developer of minecraft notch could really help the womens programming community i wish he would write this in c plus equality to raise awareness and stop programming from being so sexist for once, we can move on but we need help of big programmers like notch, bill gates and apple really

Really?

Post by Really? »

goddamn 'nym wrote:Looks like C+= is gaining momentum. From the chat on :
Emilylyons as developer of minecraft notch could really help the womens programming community i wish he would write this in c plus equality to raise awareness and stop programming from being so sexist for once, we can move on but we need help of big programmers like notch, bill gates and apple really
i don't know what this person is saying so many sentences and fragments crammed together makes it hard to understand the meaning of thoughts that were kept in the brain really.

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

Liesmith wrote:
Dammit, I just woke up from my Shirley Manson photo-induced coma...now here come the photos of a wet Michelle.

Well, see ya'll next year I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GHKMtCoE-0
I just want her to hold me and tell me how pretty I am. Is that wrong?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:

Giving too much credit to Sarkeesian. She couldn't make a video game if she got prepaid 160k mewla for it.
If she's doing anything with Mirror's Edge 2, which will be made by DICE, it may be delayed a while. Their latest release fiasco (Battlefield 4) is so broken they supposedly stopped all other projects to try to fix it. From their responses through this affair, even if the game looked good, I'd think twice about buying it just because of the developer.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

To those who have been following Avicenna on his blog; he was the victim of a break in where both he and his dog Tigger were injured by the perpetrator. Tigger was traumatized by the incident and is still exhibiting some behavior problems, as evidenced by this video I was able to find:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie ... dc50d.html

$ Dawg

Post by $ Dawg »

Nelson Mandela didn't make the cut. I guess he wasn't in the news much this week.

spiffigt

Post by spiffigt »

I'm not familiar with all those names but it looks like she only mentioned "keyboard warriors".

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Badger3k wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:

If she's doing anything with Mirror's Edge 2, which will be made by DICE, it may be delayed a while. Their latest release fiasco (Battlefield 4) is so broken they supposedly stopped all other projects to try to fix it. From their responses through this affair, even if the game looked good, I'd think twice about buying it just because of the developer.
It was EA. They've been doing this 'rush it out the door in 'beta' state' garbage for quite a while. Which is why they've been losing money on an almost continuous basis for the better part of the past decade.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

free thoughtpolice wrote:To those who have been following Avicenna on his blog; he was the victim of a break in where both he and his dog Tigger were injured by the perpetrator. Tigger was traumatized by the incident and is still exhibiting some behavior problems, as evidenced by this video I was able to find:

You're a bad, bad, bad person.... lolz...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:

I did a quick search and found thisThe Two Most Inexplicable Examples of Video Game Community Harassment This Week. I can see how the proffered explanations are inexplicable. Perhaps this is a clue that they are wrong?
In my title I call each of these examples of harassment “inexplicable,” even though they have clear explanations: some folks are uncomfortable with a woman making video games. Some folks are uncomfortable with a perceived feminist being involved in their video games. But “inexplicable” was really my first reaction: you mean a bit of gender swapped fan art led to backers demanding that heads roll and money be refunded? That an interactive fiction game placed on Steam Greenlight would incite an internet community that apparently believes that because they have the attention of men, women can never suffer from depression?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tribble wrote:
Badger3k wrote: If she's doing anything with Mirror's Edge 2, which will be made by DICE, it may be delayed a while. Their latest release fiasco (Battlefield 4) is so broken they supposedly stopped all other projects to try to fix it. From their responses through this affair, even if the game looked good, I'd think twice about buying it just because of the developer.
It was EA. They've been doing this 'rush it out the door in 'beta' state' garbage for quite a while. Which is why they've been losing money on an almost continuous basis for the better part of the past decade.
It was both EA and DICE, and they both share the blame. EA may share the blame for releasing the buggy piece of shit, but DICE is responsible for the lousy patches and bug fixes that, in many cases, break more things than they fix. Plus, we have to blame us as consumers for putting up with the practice of "release now, patch later". You can see the sycophancy and complacency at work on the forums (battle log, etc), where people justify it by saying "releasing the game is hard work"...heckuva job, Brownie. :violin:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tribble wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:To those who have been following Avicenna on his blog; he was the victim of a break in where both he and his dog Tigger were injured by the perpetrator. Tigger was traumatized by the incident and is still exhibiting some behavior problems, as evidenced by this video I was able to find:

You're a bad, bad, bad person.... lolz...
His dog is "tigger", his girlfriend is "Tiga". Hope he's good at pronunciation, or else they might get confused. Or he will. That could explain a lot... :dance:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I just came across this picture and it looks like this really very friendly bird in a local pet shop (they were babysitting it for the owner):

http://blog-imgs-30-origin.fc2.com/n/e/ ... 179092.jpg

It perched on my shoulder while I went around the store getting peanuts in the shell (for blue jays), and dog treats (for various dogs that drop by).

No, I forgot to ask exactly what type of bird it was, but it answers to the name of Mango.

didymos

Post by didymos »

Badger3k wrote: It was both EA and DICE...
Same difference. EA has owned DICE since 2006. The actual, official name is "EA Digital Illusions CE".

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

30,000?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

WIN!