Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
lost control

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by lost control »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, okay. I'm learning a lot about hallucination.

I'm getting my blood results this afternoon. I'd bet for either jaundice, epathitis, or (the worst) cirrohsis. Of course their could be even worst. The big C, or another organ toouched altogether. I'll keep you guys informed. menwhile I continue reading where I stopped (a few pages ago) while chatting with my imaginary friends...
I hope you get better quickly. As you're hallucinating, is someone with you to check you're not doing some stupid shit?

Just a wild guess (and not too long ago witnessing what hypothyreosis can lead to, seldomly even including psychiatric effects such as hallucinations and paranoia), but are your thyroid related levels being checked, too? Afaik, they're usually included in "figure it out" blood tests, but not a doctor, only long ago being trained as a medic in the military. Paging Skep Tickle.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Hunt wrote:
Some Lurker wrote:Mr. Deity weighs in on the Shermer thing:
[youtube]kMZ86PGVOQk[/youtube]
Skip to 5:15
Holy shit, that was excellent. I usually "like" Mr. Deity, but I've never been a huge fan...but now I'm donating. He hit that right on the head. Hopefully being told that by someone with a little weight will knock some sense into Myers. Unfortunately for him, post-retraction he won't be able to make one of his usual counter-attacks, not one mentioning Shermer anyway.
OMFG ... that was totally fantastic ... WALLOP!

I am in tears of laughter here!

SAGuest

Post by SAGuest »

In response to the Mr Deity and the Hat video, a commenter with the name Carrie Poppy wrote:
Love this Joseph!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Mr Deity fucking pwned. And love that he commented on the wine glass thing.

Husband was talking about this earlier today, and the sheer inanity of someone sitting there thinking, "Gosh I am scared of getting assaulted by someone I better keep on drinking this lovely wine and get shitfaced..." I mean... why?!?!!?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Time's ticking away and no retraction..... who thinks he's going to defy the lawyers?

I still think he'll do a very grudging last-minute retraction; though whether that'll be enough to stop further legal action is another issue.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

rayshul wrote:They may have fixed it - it was a known issue with RTFs with the Word-to-RTF conversion. Which fucked my life as I got OO right at a time when I had multiple stories/books to edit. Sooo many missing words. Sooo many ragetears.
Good thing you're a fairly chilled girl. Otherwise if you were Hensley or something, the results would be something like this:
3vhs4a_001.jpg
(44.37 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

FrankGrimes

Post by FrankGrimes »

The Tim Channel wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Linus wrote:
Please go fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Enjoy.
A puddle of AIDS! LOL!
Enjoy.
Dam the trolls are weak here. I've seen better trolls on FB ferchrissakes. This goober doesn't even have the good sense to go full homo ad hom, opting for the (played out) AIDS triangulation. I'm not impressed at all. There's more happening on the PZ Clock Countdown page than in the mind of this (likely closeted) homophobe.

Enjoy.
Yes, thank you. I do enjoy your delusions. They are very entertaining but you're a dumb cunt.

I don't speak for anyone here but myself but as far as I'm concerned you can get fucked.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Skep tickle wrote:(to add: but there are also other causes of jaundice, including obstruction of flow of bile out of the liver via the biliary ducts, and THAT can be from a number of different causes. Feel free to PM me, Phil, with results or whatever you're told they mean, if you have questions, and I'll take a stab at translating what they said into, uh, well, English I guess - idiom meaning, out of medical jargon)
Thanks. I'll try to stop home and get you the results before giving them to my dad. But I think he only asked for 5 or 6 reports, and didn't include liver, and probably pancreas, so if there's nothing on that one I'll hav to go again for a fuller one.

Cheers!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

DownThunder wrote:
rayshul wrote:They may have fixed it - it was a known issue with RTFs with the Word-to-RTF conversion. Which fucked my life as I got OO right at a time when I had multiple stories/books to edit. Sooo many missing words. Sooo many ragetears.
Good thing you're a fairly chilled girl. Otherwise if you were Hensley or something, the results would be something like this:
:lol: :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Tapir wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Do these shits even exist, or did I just filmed my own hallucination? If so, Call Randi!!!

QaMV1KOFWTA

(Bigger in youtube)
In light of this....are you absolutely sure you ever owned a cat?

:?
It's the coffee table. She only goes,..err, went there to drink her water, just like mom and dad.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

[youtube]kMZ86PGVOQk[/youtube]
Now that was some tight, incisive satire.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

The Tim Channel wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Linus wrote:
Please go fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Enjoy.
A puddle of AIDS! LOL!
Enjoy.
Dam the trolls are weak here. I've seen better trolls on FB ferchrissakes. This goober doesn't even have the good sense to go full homo ad hom, opting for the (played out) AIDS triangulation. I'm not impressed at all. There's more happening on the PZ Clock Countdown page than in the mind of this (likely closeted) homophobe.

Enjoy.
And here I was on your side, until you impugned the quality of our trolls.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Jonathan wrote:Time's ticking away and no retraction..... who thinks he's going to defy the lawyers?

I still think he'll do a very grudging last-minute retraction; though whether that'll be enough to stop further legal action is another issue.
He's pretty much got to include the retraction and apology verbatim from what they gave him if he wants to not piss people off and satisfy the retraction (but, as usual, IANAL). If he doesn't do that, it's possible it won't qualify as a retraction, providing a court thinks the supplied version was reasonable. It might actually be some boilerplate version of retraction and apology that they just c/p'ed into the letter. I think it was very reasonable, but even posting that retraction and particularly the apology is going to be a very bitter pill for PZ Myers, master of time and space, to swallow.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

[.youtube]kMZ86PGVOQk[/youtube]
That was a thing of beauty.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Hunt wrote:...but even posting that retraction and particularly the apology is going to be a very bitter pill for PZ Myers, master of time and space, to swallow.
Especially since he knows the Slymepit is watching.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Jonathan wrote:Time's ticking away and no retraction..... who thinks he's going to defy the lawyers?

Considering the time it took to double-dip his blog posts to do a book, he probably think "2:00 pm PST" means "in about 6 years".

codelette

Post by codelette »

She most be a Twitter veteran...
http://i.imgur.com/9CFl4YA.png

Fuckin' self-centered asshole and her PTSD self-diagnosis.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@Mykeru. Fucking LOL at the title for the countdown.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Hey Tim Channel. We are only taking the piss you know. It's kind of expected here.

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Several people saying that they thought the grenade article had changed. I've got right now's and then 9-aug 9:04 GMT, 10-Aug 22:20 GMT and 11 Aug 19:26 GMT on freezepages and can't find any difference [bar the addition of the further corroboration and women re Still writing addenda]. Does anyone have any other freezepages (I don't even have the change involving Carrie.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

My money's on lawyer defiance all the way.
I couldn't imagine him apologising if he got drunk and ran over a bus-queue of orphans on Christmas eve.

The Tim Channel

Post by The Tim Channel »

Yes indeed. Time is definitely ticking away. I've been accused of talking too much so I don't want to disappoint.
Of all the anticipated cooperative dispensations demanded, my favorite is the one that requires PZ Myers is to immediately start swinging off Mr. Shermer’s balls like a trapeze monkey at a sideshow carnival. In other words, something that PZ is already fully qualified to accomplish.
http://thetimchannel.wordpress.com/2013 ... o-ecstasy/

Enjoy.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:She most be a Twitter veteran...

Yes, because being told "You're an idiot" on Twitter is exactly the same as living through the hellish bloody nightmare of combat.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Gumby wrote:

Yes, because being told "You're an idiot" on Twitter is exactly the same as living through the hellish bloody nightmare of combat.
Or being left homeless after a hurricane.
Her closest experience to catastrophic trauma is not being even to eat out every night.

The Tim Channel

Post by The Tim Channel »

As far as all you lame-ass trolls go, there's nothing you can do that would top the assassination attempt that the American Girlyban launched on me last year.

http://thetimchannel.wordpress.com/2012 ... -assassin/

Enjoy.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-668853

Myers defames "Rapture Practice," then retracts with an update. Jumping to conclusions without knowing the full facts.

Do you think he's starting to see a pattern here?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I love how "Now I have PTSD" is just randomly tacked on the end.

"I once dropped a jug of milk all over the kitchen floor......Now I have PTSD"
"I snapped my banjo string......Now I have PTSD"
"I pulled a winnet off my arse and it tore out a clump of hairs with it.....Now I have PTSD".

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Well she understood the plight of a blind man because she hurt her ankle once.

How long until she tells a combat veteran that she totally understands what he/she went through?

The woman's a joke, and not a funny one.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I love how "Now I have PTSD" is just randomly tacked on the end.

"I once dropped a jug of milk all over the kitchen floor......Now I have PTSD"
"I snapped my banjo string......Now I have PTSD"
"I pulled a winnet off my arse and it tore out a clump of hairs with it.....Now I have PTSD".
I took an arrow in the knee…

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

The Tim Channel wrote:As far as all you lame-ass trolls go, there's nothing you can do that would top the assassination attempt that the American Girlyban launched on me last year.
Enjoy.
Maybe...But we can still try.
http://i.imgflip.com/2zfro.gif

Enjoy.

codelette

Post by codelette »

I hope black feminists find this. She's gonna start getting "PSTD" from her feminist "sisters".
http://i.imgur.com/wKEOuOX.png
#soliradityisforwhitewomen

BTW, la Marcotte is awfully quiet on Twitter.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

codelette wrote: BTW, la Marcotte is awfully quiet on Twitter.
Coincedantally, she's quite an awful twat.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Hey Tim Channel. We are only taking the piss you know. It's kind of expected here.
http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a61 ... 48abcf.png

Sorry, I couldn't resist it...

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

From the comments on PZ's book-signing/book-selling/avoiding real work post:
Elizabeth Hamilton
14 August 2013 at 4:28 am (UTC -5) Link to this comment
@PZ

Congratulations for the book! & I hear you about not reporting back from the slymepit.

@Aaron

Great, great link. Thank you!
Huh?

LurkerPerson

Post by LurkerPerson »

Because voluntarily reading verbal abuse on the internet (and considering what the SJW's consider "abuse", I can see why they think the internet is full of it. Still have no idea why they think it's predominantly or specifically aimed at women though) is the same thing as being raped and physically abused. All those women who were true victims? Their PTSD is the same, obviously. Melody is just as much of a victim, dontcherknow. She is merely showing solidarity with her opressed sisterhood. Nevermind that anyone who really went through a PTSD causing episode would feel completely insulted by some sheltered middle-aged brat appropriating the term because her feefee's got hurt on the big bad interwebs.

Incidentally comparing it to combat PTSD is pointless as far as arguements with them because of their complete lack of empathy for individuals depending on what set of genitalia they have. The men probably deserved it in some way, by virtue of having a set of frank and beans, they obviously love war and perpetuate it only to mantain their patriarchal supremacy over the world. Because as we all know women in positions of power would just ouright eliminate war and would create a peaceful utopia, by virtue of having non-violent vaginas.

Git

Post by Git »

With thanks to Cornsail over at JREF, here is his/her timeline of the FC(n) going after Shermer:
Cornsail wrote:
Apology wrote: Does anyone know if Myers has a long history of being overly critical of Shermer or having a bad relationship with him in the past? Is there any reason that I'm unaware of that would make Myers want to mount a smear campaign against Shermer?
Please note none of the quoted snippets below are purported to be in context. Follow the links and read as much as desired to find the context.

On 8/12/12 Shermer was on some show called "The Point". Watch from 11:40-12:28

11/19/12 - Freethought Blogger Ophelia Benson criticized Shermer's remark as being sexist: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl.../2012/11/mtfo/

12/12/12 - Shermer responds: http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/12-12-12/#feature

12/12/12 - Myers addresses Shermer's response : http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...-its-a-denial/
...Oh. So I guess it’s not a guy thing, and you were wrong, Michael. It might have been cleverer of you to just say, “I was wrong, I made a sexist remark, the evidence shows that it’s not a guy thing.”...

...And he especially doesn’t get to complain because right now his comment section is full of the very same people who obsess over these women and who spew the most disgusting sexist insults at them…and they now see him as a fellow hero fighting against feminst tribalism.
12/12/12 - 12/20/12: 7 more articles about or partially about the disagreement with Shermer by Ophelia Benson and one article by Crommunist:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...f-a-guy-thing/
I don’t believe he would say “It’s a white thing.” I think he would hear it before he said it, and stop...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...2/part-deux-2/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommuni...chael-shermer/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...ning-clean-up/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...-a-girl-thing/
Hahahahahaha Justin Vacula explains why what Michael Shermer said about atheism as a guy thing was totally reasonable and ok and fine...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...-inaccurately/
...I “decided” that he was being an anti-feminist jerk because he had apparently been so annoyed by the responses critical of his post that he felt the need to talk a lot of libertarian ******** about feminism...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...f-accusations/
ttp://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/12/who-has-the-deepest-and-most-resonant-voice/
Right…And you know what else, Dr Shermer? You know who usually doesn’t have the deepest and most resonant voice? Women. You know who usually doesn’t “look more competent”? Women...
12/20/12 - Shermer reacts to some of the criticism with a facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/Michael.Bra...8&notif_t=like
The feminist witch hunt continues! Ophelia Benson and PZ Myers have caught me again being a sexist: Trolling through my Scientific American columns Ophelia discovered that in my October column I...
...Guess what? My reporting of Leonard's reporting of the studies' reporting of subjects' reports makes ME a sexist! Wiiiiiiitch. Seriously. I couldn't make this up...
12/21/12-01/13/13: Several more articles from Benson in which she criticizes Shermer, 2 from FTB (co-owner?) Ed Brayton:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...unt-continues/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...re-we-all-are/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...d-blue-aisles/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatch...-atheist-cult/
...While we’re at it, can we also stop with the constant and moronic references to witch burnings and inquisitions? Michael Shermer is not a poor persecuted soul being chased by villagers with torches and pitchforks, he’s a guy who said something very sexist and stupid and is being criticized for it...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatch...r-communities/

12/21/12 - Myers addresses Shermer again: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...pise-feminism/
Michael Shermer is feeling victimized, and is now seeing persecutors under the bed, I think....
...It’s a truly delusional state he’s worked himself into, and now he’s seeing witch hunts with himself as the target everywhere he looks...
?/?/? - Shermer writes another article in response: http://www.secularhumanism.org/index...e=shermer_33_2
...As evidence for this claim, Benson cites my ten-second comment, removing my preface that “I think it probably really is fifty-fifty,” as well as my observation that women are now near parity in both speakers and attendees at the largest skeptics/atheist conference in the world. However sexist “it’s a guy thing” might sound out of context (and redacted of qualification), it is clear...
01/15/13 - 3 articles by Benson, 1 by FTBer Thibeault and 1 by FTBer Zvan in which Shermer's is argued against or criticized:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...esponds-again/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...rs-word-count/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...-orac/shermer/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycan...azi-analogies/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdi...-little-power/

01/16/13 - Myers: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...chael-shermer/
As you’ve probably already heard since Ophelia Benson has posted a few things about it, Michael Shermer has had another meltdown. To keep it short, Shermer said a stupid sexist thing on camera — about the skewed sex ratio among atheist/skeptical activists...
01/16/13-01/21/13 - 3 more Benson articles and another Brayton article:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...d-is-too-high/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...for-the-magic/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatch...t-persecution/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...why-so-fussed/

01/23/13 - Myers: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...equivalencies/
...And Shermer does such a poor job of supporting his claim! He repeatedly does a sneaky switch of throwing out statistics about the ignorance of the rank and file on science on both sides, and then pretending that these views reflect what the leadership is doing...
(different subject this time)
01/24/13 - FTBer Greta Christina article titled "When Half the Atheosphere Dogpiles on You": http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/20...gpiles-on-you/
... She heard the criticism, accepted that she screwed up, and apologized. This is how it’s done.

([cough] Michael Shermer [cough])
02/05/13-03/15/13 - 5 more articles by Benson, 1 by Thibeault:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...irs-under-way/
...We’ve given Gorski a hard time here a few times lately (on and off) for not calling out Shermer’s Nazi reference when he did call out a considerably milder one of mine. (Milder in the sense that I didn’t compare Grothe to Nazis, I compared blaming women for complaining to blaming Jews for complaining in 1936 [i.e. Nazi but pre-Final Solution] Germany.) So there we go: now he has. Fair’s fair...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycan...nder-feminism/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...t-thats-wrong/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...hermers-claim/
...So that means Shermer will write about 20,000 words calling Mooney a Nazi etcetera, right?

Or not. Any bets? I’m betting he won’t. Why? Because Mooney wrote a best-seller, and he writes for major media, and he’s a guy. Shermer sees him as an equal...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...s-mitt-romney/
Really. Imagine it wasn’t Michael Shermer who said it. Imagine it was Mitt Romney. Imagine Mitt Romney was on a talk show and the conversation turned to the scarcity of women in politics. Imagine Mitt Romney said: “It’s who wants to stand up and talk about it, go on shows about it, go to conferences and speak about it, who’s intellectually active about it; you know, it’s more of a guy thing.”...
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...be-an-acolyte/

03/17/13 - Myers: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngu...avory-and-ted/
...In Shermer’s defense, it may be that suspension of credulity isn’t really a guy thing...
06/03/13 - FTBer Dana Hunter: http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequil...r-ron-lindsay/
...You have ******** like Mike Resnick and Barry Malzberg shrieking like what’s-his-guts – wow, he’s become such a non-entity to me I forgot his name – Michael Shermer. Persecution! Censorship! Witchhunt! Nazis! Stalin! Mao! North Korea! ZOMG Freeze Peach!!! They like to think of teh wimminz as emotional and irrational, but Jesus ****, you can’t get much more emotional and irrational than these privileged little wankers do when called on their ********.
06/12/13 - Benson: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfl...ism-community/
...How familiar that sounds, doesn’t it. In my circles that’s known as “doing a Shermer.” It’s funny how often my circle has occasion to use that phrase. Well not funny, exactly. Pathetic, is more like it...

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

BarnOwl wrote:From the comments on PZ's book-signing/book-selling/avoiding real work post:
Elizabeth Hamilton
@PZ

Congratulations for the book! & I hear you about not reporting back from the slymepit.

@Aaron

Huh?
I think it means don't tell people what the Slymepit are saying. We're all corrupt and stuff.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

I couldn't imagine him apologising if he got drunk and ran over a bus-queue of orphans on Christmas eve.
If he folds the silver lining for him is that his minions (he'll likely be enjoined from doing it himself) will have no trouble turning him into a martyr over it.

Personally, I'm holding out for it going to trial and Beckybooze being called as the star witness for the defense.

She is immaculately dressed, and stone-cold sober. Only a barely perceptible trembling in her voice betrays the lingering DTs.
Asked by the defense, if she ever had sex with Shermer she says, yes.

Shermer flinches.
Giggles and strangled sounds from the gallery.

The Judge restores order.

The defense starts with the next question but the witness interrupts;
"And then the defendant started stalking me. He just wouldn't leave me alone. He kept on, and on, and on, asking me about Mr Shermer. He just couldn't seem to get over it, and, and...I-I just didn't know what to do! He's a powerful figure in the community! And then when the accusations against Mr Shermer started, I just knew he'd lost it and I....I became really afraid!"
The witness crumbles into tears.

Silence, broken only by the hushed mumble of defense counsel asking the court for a recess.

All eyes turn to the defense table and the broken figure of PZ Myers. For a moment his aged features bring to mind the bloody Caesar clutching Brutus' toga, dying on the Senate floor.

Cut to the face of Rebecca Watson. Her face is free from tears and quite impassive.

Fade up: "No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore am no beast" William Shakespeare, Richard III

Fade out, credits roll.

Well, something along those lines anyway.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Gumby wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Garlic wrote: Why not? You guys realize that he was in his early 30s when Sonic Youth and Nirvana made it big, right?

(Yes, it was that long ago.)
Yeah, I'm not going to be ageist about music preferences. I like listening to all kinds of stuff, and most of the day I'm surrounded by people who are half my age.
I wasn't intending to be ageist; rock out pretty hard for my age (I'm not that much younger than Peezus). I was thinking more along the lines of PZ being an stuffed shirt fuddy duddy and there's little chance he actually listens to anything like grunge on a regular basis. He was playing to his Starbucks-swilling fans there.

It's not about age it's about attitude. PZ doesn't have the attitude.

Who knows though, maybe I am indeed totally off base and he really does spend his days thrashing to the velvety tones of Anal Cunt.
I remember when I was in graduate school and my Graduate Advisor was trying to act hip by listening to INXS and UB40. I'm thinking, 'shouldn't you be listening to the Everly Brothers?'

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Good find Git. Hey Shermer's lawyers, here's some evidence for you...

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

BarnOwl wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Jesus H Christ, what smug self righteous asshole. God can you imagine having him over for the neighborhood barbecue?
FYI, ceepolk is female. And she is a thundering self-righteous cunt. Setar's bad, but imo ceepolk is much much worse.
You gotta see her on Ravelry for the full effect. :shock:[/quote]

The knitting site? My wife goes there. We call it her 'knitting porn' site.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gefan wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

If he folds the silver lining for him is that his minions (he'll likely be enjoined from doing it himself) will have no trouble turning him into a martyr over it.

Personally, I'm holding out for it going to trial and Beckybooze being called as the star witness for the defense.

She is immaculately dressed, and stone-cold sober. Only a barely perceptible trembling in her voice betrays the lingering DTs.
Asked by the defense, if she ever had sex with Shermer she says, yes.

Shermer flinches.
Giggles and strangled sounds from the gallery.

The Judge restores order.

The defense starts with the next question but the witness interrupts;
"And then the defendant started stalking me. He just wouldn't leave me alone. He kept on, and on, and on, asking me about Mr Shermer. He just couldn't seem to get over it, and, and...I-I just didn't know what to do! He's a powerful figure in the community! And then when the accusations against Mr Shermer started, I just knew he'd lost it and I....I became really afraid!"
The witness crumbles into tears.

Silence, broken only by the hushed mumble of defense counsel asking the court for a recess.

All eyes turn to the defense table and the broken figure of PZ Myers. For a moment his aged features bring to mind the bloody Caesar clutching Brutus' toga, dying on the Senate floor.

Cut to the face of Rebecca Watson. Her face is free from tears and quite impassive.

Fade up: "No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore am no beast" William Shakespeare, Richard III

Fade out, credits roll.

Well, something along those lines anyway.
I like to imagine PZ in court and every time Shermer's lawyer introduces a new piece of evidence PZ stands up and says "Objection your honour! Mansplaining!"

Git

Post by Git »

OK, so its not quite two minutes left, but here's an apropos video:

[youtube]GPbqQOf41Qc[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I wonder how much sleep PZ got last night?

What did he expect would happen after accusing somebody of SERIAL RAPE?
I would love.....LOVE PZ to make a freeze peach argument.
"Photoshopped pictures and the word "cunt" are worthy of jail time but rape accusations from second hand sources are a basic human right"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Git wrote:OK, so its not quite two minutes left, but here's an apropos video:

[youtube]GPbqQOf41Qc[/youtube]
Ah mate, you should have waited. :D

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I am not saying.

I will neither confirm nor deny any speculation on my suspicion as I have absolutely no evidence at all to support it.
You should, therefore, start a blog and publish your unsubstantiated suspicions as truth because of your 'lived experience' and when someone attacks you can play the aspie card so you can score victim points and shame them for denying your 'lived experience.'

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tribble wrote:
The knitting site? My wife goes there. We call it her 'knitting porn' site.
I go there mostly for the knitting pr0n, Nerd Wars, and to keep track of my stash, but there are a lot of groups that have little or nothing to do with knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, or SABLE. ceepolk appears to be fond of boasting about a) her hair, b) her bust, and c) her expertise on just about everything, including knitting. It's quite easy to pull up a history of all the posts made by any Raveler.

Glad to hear your wife's prognosis looks very good, Tribble, and I hope her surgery and treatments go smoothly.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

I predict PZ will base his decision to retract exclusively on protecting the anonymity of Jane Doe. Given his predilection to only appear weak if he can martyr himself to some ulterior compelling and white knighting cause, that is his natural move. How exactly he's going to segue from that into retracting and apologizing is a mystery to me, but I'm sure, given his talent for manipulative prose, that he will pull it off in spades. The horde will eat it up alive, the line of affirmations and confirmations and sympathy and knowing "we understand" will be endless.

mary (abbie's ilk)

Post by mary (abbie's ilk) »

katamari Damassi wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Jesus H Christ, what smug self righteous asshole. God can you imagine having him over for the neighborhood barbecue?
FYI, ceepolk is female. And she is a thundering self-righteous cunt. Setar's bad, but imo ceepolk is much much worse.
You gotta see her on Ravelry for the full effect. :shock:
I wanted to check it out but you need to register just to lurk and didn't feel like making an effort. Why would the knitters put up with her shit? They're not in the SJW cult.[/quote]

My ravelry group, now considers me a RA..christ, they would have thrown me out back in the day when this was at Abbie's...they will probably throw me out for being here....easy enough to figure out who I am over there.. I don't know who ceepolk is over there, but FWI..never fuck with people that hold sharp pointy needles all day..

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Skep tickle wrote:If someone already posted this, I missed it:

https://twitter.com/rebeccawatson/statu ... 8001137664
https://twitter.com/rebeccawatson/statu ... 2016553984

(Quite a bold claim you have made there, Rebecca: "pedophile apologist")
There you go. Warning! Entering SkepChick may cause permanent damage to parts of the frontal lobe.
“Lawrence Krauss defends a sex offender embarrasses scientists everywhere”

Once upon a time I was caught praising Krauss for something and was immediately called out how ignorant I was for not keeping tabs which person were declared Nonpersons. Of course at FTB. I wonder how they do it. Do keep two lists attached to their monitor, one showing which insults are deemed rightous that week (or moon phase) and which person is considered evil? Needless to say, I'm not toeing their hearsay party line.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Zenspace wrote:Just passing through, can't keep up with you buggers!

In case no one else has posted this yet, the parodies have begun!

http://ardentatheist.tumblr.com/post/58 ... -hands-you
That would have been funnier if it had been funny.
That's what I was thinking...

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

We should start a betting pool. I do not think our Lord and Master PZ (PBUH) will retract or delete his post. He is too much in la-la land, and his screeching monkey horde have bolstered his ego beyond belief. In their minds they really are untouchable, what with the Lord and Master Himself on their side, fighting the good fight and what not.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Off topic - a vg journalist (Jaffe) responds to accusations of misogyny by another journalist... and complains to the magazine editor.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

rayshul wrote:Off topic - a vg journalist (Jaffe) responds to accusations of misogyny by another journalist... and complains to the magazine editor.

https://soundcloud.com/ben-kuchera/jaffe-confrontation
Sorry - Jaffe is a developer. ^_^

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What PZ does when someone pulls the pin and hands him a grenade.

[youtube]OgKzOClbW2M[/youtube]

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

BarnOwl wrote:From the comments on PZ's book-signing/book-selling/avoiding real work post:
Elizabeth Hamilton
@PZ

@Aaron

Huh?
She's referring to comment Myers made in the Final Word entry. Comment 591:
PZ Myers (Zippy) wrote: Elizabeth Hamilton: feel free to make up your own mind, but please don’t report back here about it. We’ve been the target of their hatred for a couple of years, and I simply will not tolerate it.
(Hamilton's original comment about the Pit was at 586)

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Skep tickle wrote:If someone already posted this, I missed it:
(Quite a bold claim you have made there, Rebecca: "pedophile apologist")

First, the man in question wasn't a pedophile. Pedophiles have sex with children. It's true that two of the girls were 13 and 14 respectively, but as we know, some girls develop early and big and not always as apparent as one would like which is why if you're into the "young girl thing' you should ALWAYS get an ID. For example, Angie Verona: http://www.suprlol.com/angie-varona/

She's 14 in many (or most) of those pictures and none are after 17. I've dated women in their 20s who looked younger than her. So, if you presume she's as old as she's developed, you're going to jail.

Anyway, what Krauss said was: “Jeffrey has surrounded himself with beautiful women and young women but they’re not as young as the ones that were claimed. As a scientist I always judge things on empirical evidence and he always has women ages 19 to 23 around him, but I’ve never seen anything else, so as a scientist, my presumption is that whatever the problems were I would believe him over other people.”

So, no, Krauss didn't apologize for pedophilia. The man in question wasn't a pedophile, though he did have sex with under-age girls. And Rebecca Watson, as usual, doesn't know what she's talking about.

But I guess she's feeling left out in the SJW war-for-blog-hits. Perhaps she spent most of the weekend drunk and is only now coming down from her bender and getting on the bandwagon a bit late.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

deLurch wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Some highlights (or lowlights):
Josh, Official Spokesgay wrote:Taking the post down won’t do any good (that’s what they’re hoping you’ll do); it’s already out there. Also, I wouldn’t do so if it were me—I’d feel like I was admitting guilt. Having been through a libel case (as a defendant, and I won), take it for what it’s worth I guess?
I heard on these forums that Paul Myers is a partial owner of FTB. Is that true? Because if he is and all of those FTB bloggers are getting paid by this little company he owns, there is an extremely clear path of agency there.
50% Brayton, 50% Myers when founded. Have no idea about now.

Cold

Post by Cold »

The Tim Channel wrote:As far as all you lame-ass trolls go, there's nothing you can do that would top the assassination attempt that the American Girlyban launched on me last year.

http://thetimchannel.wordpress.com/2012 ... -assassin/

Enjoy.
Motherfucker you really expect me to read all that?

Autism (noun)
"a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and verbal and non-verbal communication, and by restricted, repetitive or stereotyped behavior"

In other news, satire finds its way into the halls of Pharyngula!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-669020

The delicious feminist tears. Oh how they weep.

Also anyone notice the whole "cop a feel fiasco" from the Last Word thread? Shit is hilarious how easily they turn on each other. I do feel just a little bit bad for stirring the autism pot, though.