Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Al Stefanelli
.
.
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#181

Post by Al Stefanelli »

All Your Vagina Are Belong To Us

[youtube]xwg01S3Sdh4[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#182

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Just on the subject of PZs book and his wish to be able to rewrite it, I think I have an idea what he is talking about.
The publicity blurbs from the publishers make it clear that the book is, essentially, exactly what you would expect coming from the mind of PZ Myers.
But not the social justice warrior PZ Myers of today, rather its the creationist/Intelligent Design teasing PZ Myers of five years ago.
For the last several years, PZ Myers, writing the blog Pharyngula, has entertained millions of readers every month with his infectious love of evolutionary science and his equally infectious disdain for creationism, biblical literalism, "intelligent design" theory, and other products of godly illogic. While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, he does think that, most of the time, it makes them believe in the truly ridiculous--which is exactly what he skewers in this riotously funny book. In fact, The Happy Atheist is so outrageous, it's the only book about religion anyone should take seriously.

"While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, "

Where the hell is that a common atheist argument?
I've never heard a single atheist say that religion "necessarily makes people do evil, violent things."

That would mean that every religion person will do evil violent things!

Who the fuck makes that argument!

Anyway, that's an aside.
The main point is that the publicity seems to describe a book making fun of religious people for believing in stupid stuff.

If that is what the book does - and remembering PZs blog from a few years back, if it is based on 2008 PZ Myers then it may very well do so, I guess he is beginning to feel nervous about the fact that his corner of the atheist movement has moved on from this type of tactics.
In fact these type of tactics are now considered by the sjw's to be the domain of the great Satan of atheism - Richard Lucifer Dawkins.
http://i.imgur.com/hSgiUEg.jpg

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#183

Post by welch »

Richard Dworkins wrote:I had assumed it might be something like that, you are an amusingly abrasive and abrasively amusing fellow Mr Welch.
Thanks!

I dislike double standards. Had Ophelia come down on julian with the same verve she has Franc, i'd have had zero problem. But, the blatancy of her hypocrisy, and the ridiculous posturing of his "threat" make this course of action awesome.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#184

Post by welch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Just on the subject of PZs book and his wish to be able to rewrite it, I think I have an idea what he is talking about.
The publicity blurbs from the publishers make it clear that the book is, essentially, exactly what you would expect coming from the mind of PZ Myers.
But not the social justice warrior PZ Myers of today, rather its the creationist/Intelligent Design teasing PZ Myers of five years ago.
For the last several years, PZ Myers, writing the blog Pharyngula, has entertained millions of readers every month with his infectious love of evolutionary science and his equally infectious disdain for creationism, biblical literalism, "intelligent design" theory, and other products of godly illogic. While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, he does think that, most of the time, it makes them believe in the truly ridiculous--which is exactly what he skewers in this riotously funny book. In fact, The Happy Atheist is so outrageous, it's the only book about religion anyone should take seriously.

"While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, "

Where the hell is that a common atheist argument?
I've never heard a single atheist say that religion "necessarily makes people do evil, violent things."

That would mean that every religion person will do evil violent things!

Who the fuck makes that argument!

Anyway, that's an aside.
The main point is that the publicity seems to describe a book making fun of religious people for believing in stupid stuff.

If that is what the book does - and remembering PZs blog from a few years back, if it is based on 2008 PZ Myers then it may very well do so, I guess he is beginning to feel nervous about the fact that his corner of the atheist movement has moved on from this type of tactics.
In fact these type of tactics are now considered by the sjw's to be the domain of the great Satan of atheism - Richard Lucifer Dawkins.
http://i.imgur.com/hSgiUEg.jpg
The idea that there is any difference between the two save target must be purged as the fantasy it is. The only difference between 2008 and 2013 is which way he's aimed.

JackSkeptic
.
.
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#185

Post by JackSkeptic »

welch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Just on the subject of PZs book and his wish to be able to rewrite it, I think I have an idea what he is talking about.
The publicity blurbs from the publishers make it clear that the book is, essentially, exactly what you would expect coming from the mind of PZ Myers.
But not the social justice warrior PZ Myers of today, rather its the creationist/Intelligent Design teasing PZ Myers of five years ago.
For the last several years, PZ Myers, writing the blog Pharyngula, has entertained millions of readers every month with his infectious love of evolutionary science and his equally infectious disdain for creationism, biblical literalism, "intelligent design" theory, and other products of godly illogic. While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, he does think that, most of the time, it makes them believe in the truly ridiculous--which is exactly what he skewers in this riotously funny book. In fact, The Happy Atheist is so outrageous, it's the only book about religion anyone should take seriously.

"While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, "

Where the hell is that a common atheist argument?
I've never heard a single atheist say that religion "necessarily makes people do evil, violent things."

That would mean that every religion person will do evil violent things!

Who the fuck makes that argument!

Anyway, that's an aside.
The main point is that the publicity seems to describe a book making fun of religious people for believing in stupid stuff.

If that is what the book does - and remembering PZs blog from a few years back, if it is based on 2008 PZ Myers then it may very well do so, I guess he is beginning to feel nervous about the fact that his corner of the atheist movement has moved on from this type of tactics.
In fact these type of tactics are now considered by the sjw's to be the domain of the great Satan of atheism - Richard Lucifer Dawkins.
http://i.imgur.com/hSgiUEg.jpg
The idea that there is any difference between the two save target must be purged as the fantasy it is. The only difference between 2008 and 2013 is which way he's aimed.
Maybe he could write a detailed treatise on his feminist ideology. Here, I'll write it for him:

Chapter One

Everything bad that happens is the fault of white men.



The End

I'm sure it will be a big seller.

windy
.
.
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Tom of Finland-land
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#186

Post by windy »

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=1304#comment-226448
BarnOwl wrote: I'm thinking about how small Drosophila embryos are and how one could reliably place cryosections of them in a consistent orientation on a "two-dimensional grid of distinct indexing oligos." Sounds like something a BSD lab PI would force his grad students and postdocs to try.
He did say it was a "crazy idea"... In this case, couldn't they rather just slice up some embryos along the other axes, and sequence those using the same method?

This part sounded cool too:
The typical way people deal with loss of small quantities of nucleic acids during experimental manipulation is to add carrier RNA or DNA – something like tRNA or salmon sperm DNA. We didn’t want to do that, since we would just end up with tons of useless sequencing reads. So we came up with a different strategy – adding embryos from distantly related Drosophila species to each slice at an early stage in the process. This brought the total amount of RNA in each sample well amove the threshold where our purification and library preparation worked robustly, and we could easily separate the D. melanogaster RNA we were interested in for this experiment from that of the “carrier” embryo. But we could avoid wasting sequencing reads by turning the carrier RNAs into an experiment of their own – in this case looking at expression variation between species.

JAB
.
.
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#187

Post by JAB »

rocko2466 wrote:Simon and Melody edited (and will promote) PZ's book.

Humorously, they will promote through CFI. Because CFI is their own little club for circle-jerking with their friends.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-554698

(Ergo, my comments about PZ making "editor-nervous-breakdown" jokes are accurate.)
Hey rocko, did you read down farther into the comments of that link? Somebody asks if PZ was going to release it as an audio book with him reading it. Peezus replies that he doesn't think he has the voice for it. Are you up for it? Maybe just a lulz highlights condensed version.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#188

Post by Dick Strawkins »

welch wrote:
The idea that there is any difference between the two save target must be purged as the fantasy it is. The only difference between 2008 and 2013 is which way he's aimed.
I disagree.
He has always been a bit of an arsehole, true, but in the past he was facing ID supporters and creationists and always used scientific evidence as the primary weapon to defeat their arguments. He might have thrown in a few customary insults too but he did appreciate scientific skepticism as a tool to resolve which argument is supported by the evidence.

The PZ of today, however, not only ignores evidence but has allowed the promotion of the idea of 'hyperskepticism' - an anti-science tactic that negates the scientific process. He would never have gotten away with that five years ago.

And he would have gotten away with it too, - if it weren't for those pesky slymepit kids.

http://i.imgur.com/cW0OkSs.jpg

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

hearts and minds

#189

Post by Apples »

Ophie bemoans the fact that the wiscfi hashtag garnered a bunch of negative tweets that she had to wade through before finding a single positive one, which prompts the question in comments:

rnlisson: "So, I wonder. How many are these star dusted fantasts? A head count may not be exact or even relevant, but ballpark figures?"

Aratina Sewer chimes in:
I think every single one of those creeps is in the community block list we’ve set up on Twitter. Unfortunately, you will still see their rantings if you click on a tag like #wiscfi even if you have all of them blocked.

While it is not possible to tell how many of them are sockpuppets, their current numbers on Twitter get about as high as 200. Of course, they poison the well just enough (forget about being charitable–they’re never charitable) that you get one or two tweets from a much larger pool of otherwise disinterested folks on Twitter as well every so often that echo the slimepitters.
Think what you want, ratbrain. It's called losing the PR battle, and your wounds are entirely self-inflicted.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... of-wiscfi/
http://www.freezepage.com/1361648058STGMHRCZTN

mordacious1
.
.
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

TAM

#190

Post by mordacious1 »


mordacious1
.
.
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#191

Post by mordacious1 »

The "post", not the comments.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#192

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK, time to own up.
Which one of you is Tony?
Come on, he's obviously a POE.

http://i.imgur.com/FbZgkJU.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#193

Post by Tigzy »

@Dick Strawkins

It's not me. However... :whistle:

Will PM you if you about my suspicions, if you like. Wouldn't wanna spoil all the fun by blurting it out here.

bhoytony
.
.
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#194

Post by bhoytony »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, time to own up.
Which one of you is Tony?
Come on, he's obviously a POE.

http://i.imgur.com/FbZgkJU.jpg
I bet that idiot daren't eat a pear in case he is infected with an anagram and goes on a rape-spree.

another lurker
.
.
Posts: 4675
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#195

Post by another lurker »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, time to own up.
Which one of you is Tony?
Come on, he's obviously a POE.

http://i.imgur.com/FbZgkJU.jpg

I have seen them bring up the 'reap is an anagram of rape' thing more than a few times, in fact. They just love planting that seed - that anyone associated with the slymepit is a rapey sort.

ReneeHendricks
.
.
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am
Location: Kent, WA
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#196

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Everybody wave at EllenBeth Wachs! It seems she's cruising the 'pit :D

windy
.
.
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Tom of Finland-land
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#197

Post by windy »

A comment of epic proportions by a "Garth Pagan" on Marcotte's RawStory article. I couldn't decide what to leave out, so here's the whole thing:
"T-shirt bullying"? Seriously? How on earth does someone bully someone with a T-shirt? It's telling you don't show a photo of the shirt, or describe precisely how said T-shirt punched someone, held them down, took their lunch money and made them cry "Uncle!" Given enough time, though, I'm sure you or one of the other weird little "Skepchick" cultists will come up with a suitable narrative (i.e., a whopper to make even Karl Rove blush), which all will claim to believe and repeat as Gospel Truth upon pain of being bullied (blocked, doxed, threatened, etc.) by the Defenders of the Great and Glorious Rebecca Watson Brand.

Before anyone bothers to Photoshop anything, I've seen a photo of Dr. Hall wearing the shirt. She was wearing it pulled over her top, in a climate controlled environment, so the aside about her presumed bad hygiene for wearing it throughout the course of the convention is as disingenuous as it is immature. All the T-shirt said was,"I am not a Skepchick/I am not a 'woman skeptic'/I am a SKEPTIC." How anyone of any degree of emotional maturity can have her pwecious fee-fees hurt by such a statement boggles the imagination -- unless, of course, we're looking to promote an idea of women being overly sensitive, irrational twits, when it's really just one woman who goes by the moniker "Surly Amy" 'cause "surly" means "edgy!" This tough "grrl" who reportedly cried at the sight of this shirt (!) also screeched about "fake jewelry," that is, ceramic jewelry not created by her Special Snowflakeness. And jewelry not of the Surly Amy Brand is to be BANNED! BANNED!

Ms. Marcotte, I wonder if you're aware of the cybermobbing Dr. Hall endured several nights ago when she wrote an open letter to feminists insisting she was not the enemy. The libel, the deliberate misrepresentation, the gaslighting—the overall bug-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth hatred—by the Cult of Watson was breathtaking. Even the self-appointed Empress of All Atheists herself showed up to gloat and sneer, going so far as to make an aside about Dr. Hall's presumed hygiene. This went on for several paragraphs before Watson declared Dr. Hall "uninteresting" and signed off “to do more interesting things.” Take Watson's comment out of the context of this particular instant of cyberbullying and you had something that could have been written by any middle-school mean girl cheerleader going after the "gross" smart girl.

Perhaps you did see it. In any event, it's apparent you support it. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn you even participated. To think you and your sycophants here claim to be for rationality, civility, etc. Of course, it's known that when the cyberbullies of FreeThoughtBlogs and Skepchick are called out on their Middle School Musical shenanigans, they shriek "tone troll"! Because *they* can bully all they want. *Their* victims so obviously have it coming. Find out who employs them, and tell the supervisor what a Terrible Person they are! Get them fired, because FEMINISM! And accuse everyone else of stalking. And making up "straw feminists."

The sickest irony of all is that Rebecca Watson, her beta-boy sycophants, her fellow mean girls have as much to do with feminism and social justice as Phyllis Schlafly's broomstick. It's all about Watson taking an opportunity (i.e., a real scientist and skeptic calling her out on her first world privilege) to build a brand for herself, cry "victim!" by way of bringing in followers, and bully her way into either a leadership position in a skeptical organization (e.g.,libeling and attacking DJ Grothe) or creating one of her own which will not be a companion, but a rival to the established organizations, with the intent on destroying them for her own financial and narcissistic enrichment.

You, Ms. Marcotte, are the one making disingenuous arguments. Dr. Hall is not “trying to stop” the Women in Secularism conference. She is not organizing cybermobs. She is not cyberbullying. She is not threatening to get people fired because she feels “threatened” and “stalked” for being called out on a lie. That’s what YOUR people do, Marcotte. Your people. Who boast of shutting down websites and Twitter accounts. Not very free-speechy, are we? Rather a lot like those religious police we hear about in Saudi Arabia. Or the rabid conservative Christers here in the USA.

As for the idea of men being welcome to Women in Secularism, it is to laugh. That “welcome” is contingent on being free of anti-Watsonite thoughtcrime, and wearing only “approved” T-shirts that don’t make self-described tough girls throw fits and cry. True skepticism will not be allowed. It will be a worship-fest of privileged upper-middle-class white women congratulating themselves for winning battles in wars of their own imagination. For my part, I’ll go where I can think and speak freely, without fear of drawing the wrath of pale little beta-boys coming to the defense of a wounded hothouse flower who didn’t feel “safe” because someone wore a T-shirt that freaked her out. To think of a liberal arts major like you, who has apparently suffered nothing worse than a bad hair day while skipping from cushy internships and whatever into being the token feminist for the Washington *Post,* making snark about an actual scientist who paid her dues at a time when there was no affirmative action, no one to complain or cry to when she got snubbed, hit on, or otherwise verbally abused isn’t laughable, though. It’s obscene.

It’s notable that nearly all of your links “proving” Dr. Hall to be a Bad Person with Questionable Hygiene are to Cult of Watson sites. Oh, how I could go on, but then you’re already going to put me down for being “long,” as you did to Dr. Hall in your own lengthy hatchet job here. So I’ll repeat my first question, knowing full well neither you nor your followers have the intellectual integrity or the moral character to attempt to answer: How is the act of wearing a simple T-shirt “bullying”?

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#198

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Everybody wave at EllenBeth Wachs! It seems she's cruising the 'pit :D
Hey Ellenbeth!
Love the T-shirt!

http://i.imgur.com/zS2Gyp2.jpg

codelette
.
.
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#199

Post by codelette »

Hey Apples, Ellen thinks that your mockery of Jenn is what's driving brown peeps away.
http://i.imgur.com/RrLDOWf.png

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#200

Post by Dick Strawkins »

codelette wrote:Hey Apples, Ellen thinks that your mockery of Jenn is what's driving brown peeps away.
http://i.imgur.com/RrLDOWf.png
Strange,
She seems fine to converse with oolon who in a similar way called black people "niggers."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#201

Post by Tigzy »

Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#202

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ophelia is still fuming at Harriet Hall.
And however much I respect people for being pioneers, I’m not going to let that substitute for a good argument. I think Hall’s claims are mistaken and that she does a terrible job of backing them up with argument. The fact that she was a pioneer doesn’t change that. (I find I can no longer honestly say I admire her for the pioneering, because she has been so persistently and immovably unpleasant and vindictive, and so incapable of admitting any error.)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -the-guys/

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#203

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
codelette wrote:Hey Apples, Ellen thinks that your mockery of Jenn is what's driving brown peeps away.
http://i.imgur.com/RrLDOWf.png
Strange,
She seems fine to converse with oolon who in a similar way called black people "niggers."
Irony is not her strong suit.

bhoytony
.
.
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#204

Post by bhoytony »

windy wrote:A comment of epic proportions by a "Garth Pagan" on Marcotte's RawStory article. I couldn't decide what to leave out, so here's the whole thing:
"T-shirt bullying"? .......................
Ooh, that was a thing of beauty. If any of the FTB gobshites actually read that post I bet they are crying into their pillows right now.

P.S. EllenBeth Wachs - fuck off you dishonest harpy.

Metalogic42
.
.
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#205

Post by Metalogic42 »

codelette wrote:Hey Apples, Ellen thinks that your mockery of Jenn is what's driving brown peeps away.
http://i.imgur.com/RrLDOWf.png
http://battlenations.com/wp-content/upl ... epalm1.jpg

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7990
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#206

Post by AndrewV69 »

welch wrote:
How to write this if you're not andrew:

"Welch, your order was off. Summers stepped down in 2006, the credit swap shit wasn't until 2008, dumbass"
Not really my style. When I do use words like "dumbass" I am actually performing an unnatural act.
welch wrote: However, your assertion that it was solely "THE FEMINISTS" that got him fired is, as of yet, unsupported. When you look deeper, it becomes fairly clear that Summers confused "President" of Harvard with "King" of Harvard, and like a lot of private industry types, was just stupid at working in an environment where you serve at the convenience of others. (Rick Scott in FL is a great example.) His job was to manage a university, not create Larry Summers U:
*shrug*

I no longer buy into the standard narrative about Summers.

Up to a certain point of course, my experience has shown me that as long as the money comes in, you can pretty much get away with murder.

So, my current thinking is that in the end, it was probably the money that had the most impact.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#207

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Everybody wave at EllenBeth Wachs! It seems she's cruising the 'pit :D
Of course she is. She's looking for "poor, poor me, I'm a victim" points.

codelette
.
.
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#208

Post by codelette »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia is still fuming at Harriet Hall.
And however much I respect people for being pioneers, I’m not going to let that substitute for a good argument. I think Hall’s claims are mistaken and that she does a terrible job of backing them up with argument. The fact that she was a pioneer doesn’t change that. (I find I can no longer honestly say I admire her for the pioneering, because she has been so persistently and immovably unpleasant and vindictive, and so incapable of admitting any error.)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -the-guys/
Ahhh, the ever changing goalposts of feminist ideology:
Breaking thru the glass ceiling is also trying to be one of the guys. Ophelia, what have you done for your "sisters" lib besides writing the mediocre shit you write?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#209

Post by Gumby »

windy wrote:A comment of epic proportions by a "Garth Pagan" on Marcotte's RawStory article. I couldn't decide what to leave out, so here's the whole thing:
"T-shirt bullying"? Seriously? How on earth does someone bully someone with a T-shirt? It's telling you don't show a photo of the shirt, or describe precisely how said T-shirt punched someone, held them down, took their lunch money and made them cry "Uncle!" Given enough time, though, I'm sure you or one of the other weird little "Skepchick" cultists will come up with a suitable narrative (i.e., a whopper to make even Karl Rove blush), which all will claim to believe and repeat as Gospel Truth upon pain of being bullied (blocked, doxed, threatened, etc.) by the Defenders of the Great and Glorious Rebecca Watson Brand.

Before anyone bothers to Photoshop anything, I've seen a photo of Dr. Hall wearing the shirt. She was wearing it pulled over her top, in a climate controlled environment, so the aside about her presumed bad hygiene for wearing it throughout the course of the convention is as disingenuous as it is immature. All the T-shirt said was,"I am not a Skepchick/I am not a 'woman skeptic'/I am a SKEPTIC." How anyone of any degree of emotional maturity can have her pwecious fee-fees hurt by such a statement boggles the imagination -- unless, of course, we're looking to promote an idea of women being overly sensitive, irrational twits, when it's really just one woman who goes by the moniker "Surly Amy" 'cause "surly" means "edgy!" This tough "grrl" who reportedly cried at the sight of this shirt (!) also screeched about "fake jewelry," that is, ceramic jewelry not created by her Special Snowflakeness. And jewelry not of the Surly Amy Brand is to be BANNED! BANNED!

Ms. Marcotte, I wonder if you're aware of the cybermobbing Dr. Hall endured several nights ago when she wrote an open letter to feminists insisting she was not the enemy. The libel, the deliberate misrepresentation, the gaslighting—the overall bug-eyed, foaming-at-the-mouth hatred—by the Cult of Watson was breathtaking. Even the self-appointed Empress of All Atheists herself showed up to gloat and sneer, going so far as to make an aside about Dr. Hall's presumed hygiene. This went on for several paragraphs before Watson declared Dr. Hall "uninteresting" and signed off “to do more interesting things.” Take Watson's comment out of the context of this particular instant of cyberbullying and you had something that could have been written by any middle-school mean girl cheerleader going after the "gross" smart girl.

Perhaps you did see it. In any event, it's apparent you support it. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn you even participated. To think you and your sycophants here claim to be for rationality, civility, etc. Of course, it's known that when the cyberbullies of FreeThoughtBlogs and Skepchick are called out on their Middle School Musical shenanigans, they shriek "tone troll"! Because *they* can bully all they want. *Their* victims so obviously have it coming. Find out who employs them, and tell the supervisor what a Terrible Person they are! Get them fired, because FEMINISM! And accuse everyone else of stalking. And making up "straw feminists."

The sickest irony of all is that Rebecca Watson, her beta-boy sycophants, her fellow mean girls have as much to do with feminism and social justice as Phyllis Schlafly's broomstick. It's all about Watson taking an opportunity (i.e., a real scientist and skeptic calling her out on her first world privilege) to build a brand for herself, cry "victim!" by way of bringing in followers, and bully her way into either a leadership position in a skeptical organization (e.g.,libeling and attacking DJ Grothe) or creating one of her own which will not be a companion, but a rival to the established organizations, with the intent on destroying them for her own financial and narcissistic enrichment.

You, Ms. Marcotte, are the one making disingenuous arguments. Dr. Hall is not “trying to stop” the Women in Secularism conference. She is not organizing cybermobs. She is not cyberbullying. She is not threatening to get people fired because she feels “threatened” and “stalked” for being called out on a lie. That’s what YOUR people do, Marcotte. Your people. Who boast of shutting down websites and Twitter accounts. Not very free-speechy, are we? Rather a lot like those religious police we hear about in Saudi Arabia. Or the rabid conservative Christers here in the USA.

As for the idea of men being welcome to Women in Secularism, it is to laugh. That “welcome” is contingent on being free of anti-Watsonite thoughtcrime, and wearing only “approved” T-shirts that don’t make self-described tough girls throw fits and cry. True skepticism will not be allowed. It will be a worship-fest of privileged upper-middle-class white women congratulating themselves for winning battles in wars of their own imagination. For my part, I’ll go where I can think and speak freely, without fear of drawing the wrath of pale little beta-boys coming to the defense of a wounded hothouse flower who didn’t feel “safe” because someone wore a T-shirt that freaked her out. To think of a liberal arts major like you, who has apparently suffered nothing worse than a bad hair day while skipping from cushy internships and whatever into being the token feminist for the Washington *Post,* making snark about an actual scientist who paid her dues at a time when there was no affirmative action, no one to complain or cry to when she got snubbed, hit on, or otherwise verbally abused isn’t laughable, though. It’s obscene.

It’s notable that nearly all of your links “proving” Dr. Hall to be a Bad Person with Questionable Hygiene are to Cult of Watson sites. Oh, how I could go on, but then you’re already going to put me down for being “long,” as you did to Dr. Hall in your own lengthy hatchet job here. So I’ll repeat my first question, knowing full well neither you nor your followers have the intellectual integrity or the moral character to attempt to answer: How is the act of wearing a simple T-shirt “bullying”?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/V ... 00x381.jpg

JackSkeptic
.
.
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#210

Post by JackSkeptic »

bhoytony wrote:
windy wrote:A comment of epic proportions by a "Garth Pagan" on Marcotte's RawStory article. I couldn't decide what to leave out, so here's the whole thing:
"T-shirt bullying"? .......................
Ooh, that was a thing of beauty. If any of the FTB gobshites actually read that post I bet they are crying into their pillows right now.

P.S. EllenBeth Wachs - fuck off you dishonest harpy.
Yes, great comment. It won't be read though except to cherry pick for victim points.

bhoytony
.
.
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#211

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)
Meanwhile at EllenBeth's house

[youtube]UTwPqLgsQKY[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#212

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia is still fuming at Harriet Hall.
And however much I respect people for being pioneers, I’m not going to let that substitute for a good argument. I think Hall’s claims are mistaken and that she does a terrible job of backing them up with argument. The fact that she was a pioneer doesn’t change that. (I find I can no longer honestly say I admire her for the pioneering, because she has been so persistently and immovably unpleasant and vindictive, and so incapable of admitting any error.)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -the-guys/
Translation: I am so butt-hurt by Harriet Hall's refusal to mindlessly kowtow to me and my friends that I refuse to even show any respect for all the work she's done to pave the way for women.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 613a12.jpg

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: New Westminster, BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#213

Post by John Greg »

Phil teh Gee said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 109#p67109):
Can't be D-minor. Only two chords in this song, and they're in major mode. But if it were in D, then it would be: D A D A D A... Or, DADADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA SPICMAAAAAAAAN!!!
HAHAHAHAHA. Holy bass clefs! Luv it.

mordacious1
.
.
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Contact:

OB

#214

Post by mordacious1 »

Benson and Marcotte seem to have understood one of the first tenets of bullying: In order to attack someone of prestige, attempt to bring them down to your level before kicking. Maybe you can denigrate their accomplishments while making yourself appear important (Ophie felt like a pioneer when she starting blogging, that's similar to Hall's experience, right?). If they are just too big a deal for that, you can always call them "Dick".

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 6789
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#215

Post by Tigzy »

I'm beginning to wonder if a better tagline for the Pit should be: 'AKA Ellenbeth's porn stash'

Mr Danksworth
.
.
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#216

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Gumby wrote: Translation: I am so butt-hurt by Harriet Hall's refusal to mindlessly kowtow to me and my friends that I refuse to even show any respect for all the work she's done to pave the way for women.
Tall poppy syndrome rides again! I'd like to thank Ophelia for proving that she is even more pathetic than I thought she was. Keep up that race to the bottom of the barrel, Ophelia. You are almost there.

16bitheretic
.
.
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#217

Post by 16bitheretic »

EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#218

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Gumby wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia is still fuming at Harriet Hall.
And however much I respect people for being pioneers, I’m not going to let that substitute for a good argument. I think Hall’s claims are mistaken and that she does a terrible job of backing them up with argument. The fact that she was a pioneer doesn’t change that. (I find I can no longer honestly say I admire her for the pioneering, because she has been so persistently and immovably unpleasant and vindictive, and so incapable of admitting any error.)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -the-guys/
Translation: I am so butt-hurt by Harriet Hall's refusal to mindlessly kowtow to me and my friends that I refuse to even show any respect for all the work she's done to pave the way for women.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 613a12.jpg
It's almost sad about Ophelia.
She has exiled herself from the mainstream atheist movement over the past couple of years and now it looks like she's doing the same with the skeptics. She still has connections with CFI but that situation is incredibly tenuous. Melody Hensley's descent into cultish ideology is not going to go unnoticed forever. Either Lindsay will make a stand or the organization will lose so much financial support that his hand will be pushed for him and once Hensley is out the door then Ophelia's connection will be gone.
NOBODY trusts her anymore.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#219

Post by Dick Strawkins »

16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
If she's going to quote mine so blatantly she should remember that the same thing can apply to her.

Ellenbeth Wachs used the term "darkie" for black people! :o

Angry_Drunk
.
.
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#220

Post by Angry_Drunk »

welch wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
welch wrote:honkies
Do people actually say "honky" where you're from or is it an affectationne?

I'd never heard it used by anyone before your appearance on Reap's podcast.
It was quite popular in the 70s in the US, kind of died out after that.

I just like it because it's such a great word to describe white folks when they start acting stupid as fuck.

also, easier to type than "white people"
We crackers are reclaiming the word “honkey”.

EyeNoU
.
.
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm
Location: right now, the south Texas desert....
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#221

Post by EyeNoU »

Tigzy wrote:Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)
....and don't bogart that joint... :rimshot:

Angry_Drunk
.
.
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#222

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
welch wrote:
The idea that there is any difference between the two save target must be purged as the fantasy it is. The only difference between 2008 and 2013 is which way he's aimed.
I disagree.
He has always been a bit of an arsehole, true, but in the past he was facing ID supporters and creationists and always used scientific evidence as the primary weapon to defeat their arguments. He might have thrown in a few customary insults too but he did appreciate scientific skepticism as a tool to resolve which argument is supported by the evidence.

The PZ of today, however, not only ignores evidence but has allowed the promotion of the idea of 'hyperskepticism' - an anti-science tactic that negates the scientific process. He would never have gotten away with that five years ago.

And he would have gotten away with it too, - if it weren't for those pesky slymepit kids.

http://i.imgur.com/cW0OkSs.jpg
Yeah, that time he “scientifically” threw out a communion biscuit was a masterpiece of skeptical thought.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: New Westminster, BC, Canada
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#223

Post by John Greg »

Renee said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 135#p67135):
Everybody wave at EllenBeth Wachs! It seems she's cruising the 'pit
OK. Hi EllenBeth Wachs. How's Lunaville today? :greetings-wavingyellow:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5445
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#224

Post by Gumby »

16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#225

Post by rayshul »

FUCK I LOST MY FUCKING POST. :/ It was lengthy! Now it is gone!

Thanks everyone for your congrats. :) It's all a bit mad.
Jack wrote:No one likes to be patronised. They really can't grasp that treating every minority as a victim is offensive to people in those groups who are quite capable of sticking up for themselves as long as there is an equal footing. I want an equal footing, no more and no less. Most people do. Only people with 'issues', those with no ability to understand the subtlety and complexity of human relations and those trying to get an unfair advantage buy into their ideology.
This is why I do not understand why women would buy into this shit. :/ I can't even fathom why you'd accept that shit. If I'd heard that kind of stuff as a kid about women I'd have wound up as a miserable shut in. (Possibly with a blog.)


Someone should inform EllenBeth that it appears that black people feel terrifically comfortable in the Slymepit. ^_^ Isn't that awkward? I mean, the pit has a fair amount of vocal "minorities" in the US-version of the word (anyone not white).

I'd also suggest that the offensive word for white people these days is WHITE. Thanks, social justice warriors.

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#226

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
If she's going to quote mine so blatantly she should remember that the same thing can apply to her.

Ellenbeth Wachs used the term "darkie" for black people! :o
Her error was to actually screencap it, since the sarcasm is obvious in context to anyone with a brain. From a propaganda point of view she'd have been better off simply claiming that 'pitters are racists without providing a link. Dimbulbs like Wachs IMO provide the 'Pit the best advertising possible. If only she knew that a few of the more prolific slymers are darky women. :dance: <--- Harlem Shake

Reap
.
.
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: Reno Nevada
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#227

Post by Reap »

Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, time to own up.
Which one of you is Tony?
Come on, he's obviously a POE.

http://i.imgur.com/FbZgkJU.jpg
I'll post a blog explaining things this week. I really hope this is a joke cause WTF??! if it isn't.

16bitheretic
.
.
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#228

Post by 16bitheretic »

So thanks to Ophelia's blog I was re-linked to that Raw Story article about Dr. Hall by Marcotte that sent me off on that rant last night, and I decided to torture myself by reading the comments section. In that thread Dr. Hall is referred to as a token, a novelty girl, trying to get male attention, and unless I took it out of context, an Uncle Tom. One commenter also seems to have questioned her gender.

Oh look at that feminist solidarity for other women! Wear a t-shirt that offends one of Those Who Must Not Have Their Fee-Fees Hurt and suddenly your character and very gender are under assault by those who claim to be all for respect of women. According to Marcotte and her readers Dr. Hall must only oppose Skepchick's smearing of JREF/TAM/Grothe and is waging a phantom invisible war against WiS2 (that only they are aware of) because she's pandering to men or must be a man? Which side of this "deep rift" is allegedly a crew of misogynists again?

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#229

Post by rayshul »

Gumby wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:
SJW have done that to me with the "people of colour" phrase. I told them I identified as white. Everything then became faaaar more hilarious. I'm pretty sure I originated the use of "darkie" on the 'pit, too. ^_^ Because it's exactly what SJW mean using "people of colour" - it doesn't mean people who experience racism, or people who are from a foriegn culture, or people who have been traditionally oppressed, or people who are in their homeland the oppressed culture, or anything that might remotely make sense. It means darkies. You can be the dominant power in your country, you can be rich and powerful, you can have never experiened a smidgen of racism because... well, you're part of a culture or class or country that doesn't buy into that kind of shit, but fuuuhkkk you're still a bloody darkie. It means people who are not white enough to pass as their US-centric "normal" - people they wouldn't be inviting to their dinner parties.

They are creeeeepy fucks.

They have this funny idea that being colourblind is a bad thing. The thing is, being colourblind is really the new normal. Kids grow up with all different kinds of people these days. My rural-ly living in-laws in conservative Australia have relatives of virtually every race at this point. People grow up with family members who aren't the same race as they are or don't present as the same race visibly, despite being their closest genetic relatives. This is the real world. Their fucking shit makes no sense.

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#230

Post by Apples »

EyeNoU wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)
....and don't bogart that joint... :rimshot:
Yeah kind of embarrassing to be founder of a Secular Organizations for Sobriety branch claiming 20+ years in recovery and then to be arrested for possession of weed.

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#231

Post by rayshul »

16bitheretic wrote:Oh look at that feminist solidarity for other women! Wear a t-shirt that offends one of Those Who Must Not Have Their Fee-Fees Hurt and suddenly your character and very gender are under assault by those who claim to be all for respect of women. According to Marcotte and her readers Dr. Hall must only oppose Skepchick's smearing of JREF/TAM/Grothe and is waging a phantom invisible war against WiS2 (that only they are aware of) because she's pandering to men or must be a man? Which side of this "deep rift" is allegedly a crew of misogynists again?
Feminists hate women more than they hate men. It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Mr Danksworth
.
.
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#232

Post by Mr Danksworth »

rayshul wrote:
I'd also suggest that the offensive word for white people these days is WHITE. Thanks, social justice warriors.
[youtube]kkrHYHqChlI[/youtube]

Reap
.
.
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm
Location: Reno Nevada
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#233

Post by Reap »

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Everybody wave at EllenBeth Wachs! It seems she's cruising the 'pit :D
Of course she is. She's looking for "poor, poor me, I'm a victim" points.
\

Well Ellenbeth should maybe pay more attention to how she makes herself look. If I had a dime for everytime I see someone mention her being a joke (and I'm not talking about in the slymepit) I'd be typing this from a laptop on a island beach. Or maybe take a look at the pushback against rebecca that has begun to form a rather large tidal wave heading inland. It was interesting to see her reaction to Lee Moore's invite to talk with TIME about his peace talks. (can you say uh-oh?) That interview has taken place BTW. Should be interesting to see if/when it is printed what happens next. Somebody start making popcorn :popcorn:

bhoytony
.
.
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#234

Post by bhoytony »

Apples wrote:
EyeNoU wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)
....and don't bogart that joint... :rimshot:
Yeah kind of embarrassing to be founder of a Secular Organizations for Sobriety branch claiming 20+ years in recovery and then to be arrested for possession of weed.
Hey, at least she doesn't get arrested for beating her husba...

rayshul
.
.
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 am
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#235

Post by rayshul »

Skep tickle wrote:Congratulations! When are you due, and how are you doing?
I am due Augustish, and I am riding the vomit train daily. LOL.

codelette I cannot offer any placentas, because my husband has drawn a line in the sand and says I can't take any more home and put them in his kitchen. I have put in the last placenta because I heard a FANTASTIC story about some robbers who broke into a house and stole all their meat, includin the placentas, so I want to keep one in their as a burglar trap. (AHAHHAHA). But yes, apparently I need to put all future ones in the bin. :(

JackSkeptic
.
.
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#236

Post by JackSkeptic »

rayshul wrote:FUCK I LOST MY FUCKING POST. :/ It was lengthy! Now it is gone!

Thanks everyone for your congrats. :) It's all a bit mad.
Jack wrote:No one likes to be patronised. They really can't grasp that treating every minority as a victim is offensive to people in those groups who are quite capable of sticking up for themselves as long as there is an equal footing. I want an equal footing, no more and no less. Most people do. Only people with 'issues', those with no ability to understand the subtlety and complexity of human relations and those trying to get an unfair advantage buy into their ideology.
This is why I do not understand why women would buy into this shit. :/ I can't even fathom why you'd accept that shit. If I'd heard that kind of stuff as a kid about women I'd have wound up as a miserable shut in. (Possibly with a blog.)


Someone should inform EllenBeth that it appears that black people feel terrifically comfortable in the Slymepit. ^_^ Isn't that awkward? I mean, the pit has a fair amount of vocal "minorities" in the US-version of the word (anyone not white).

I'd also suggest that the offensive word for white people these days is WHITE. Thanks, social justice warriors.
I prefer, no demand that I am referred to as 'Melanin challenged'. I better get over there pronto to show my deep humiliation and hurt at being called White. Racists the lot of them.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
Posts: 11875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#237

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Gumby wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:
Some brown people are not African American.

Sigh, where are James and Rayshul when you need them...

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#238

Post by Apples »

bhoytony wrote:
Apples wrote:
EyeNoU wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Hi EllenBeth.

While you're perusing this place, please make sure to keep the sexy noises quiet this time, eh. ;)
....and don't bogart that joint... :rimshot:
Yeah kind of embarrassing to be founder of a Secular Organizations for Sobriety branch claiming 20+ years in recovery and then to be arrested for possession of weed.
Hey, at least she doesn't get arrested for beating her husba...
:icon-lol:

Just checked the site for her SOS branch -- looks like you're out of luck if you're an atheist in Tampa trying to get sober:

"Meetings are on hiatus until further notice"

http://www.sostampabay.org/

Submariner
.
.
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Florida, US of A
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#239

Post by Submariner »

Gumby wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:
Funny story: My step-daughter when she was about 4 yrs old decided that she no longer wanted to have to use the men's room when she was out in public with me without mommy. So the first time she used the ladies room by herself at the mall Sears store I waited somewhat nervously outside. A young black lady exited the women's room, followed shortly by my step-daughter.

I asked her if she had washed her hands after going potty, and she said that she had. I asked her how she was able to reach the sink, and she responded that she couldn't, "but that brown lady helped me".

Needless to say she soon wondered why I was laughing.

codelette
.
.
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

#240

Post by codelette »

I am brown as well, do not silence me evil frenchman!

Locked