Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Gumby wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:
Some brown people are not African American.

Sigh, where are James and Rayshul when you need them...
I'm well aware of that (fuckin' duh) but I was making a reference specifically to two American members of PZ's sycophant society doing that here in the United States.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

codelette wrote:I am brown as well, do not silence me evil frenchman!
If you want to annoy a Frenchman right now use one word, 'Rugby'.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Submariner wrote:
Gumby wrote:
16bitheretic wrote:EllenBeth Wachs should try out as a Fox news journalist with that level of spin on a quote mine. The one instance I saw of "darkie" being used was a jab at the condescending attitudes towards ethnic minorities that pop up in the predominantly white and college educated middle class SJW circles like A+ and FTB.
Funny thing is, over at FTB they're always saying shit like "But I guess brown people don't count" or whatnot. They use "brown people" over there the way "darkie" was used here - as a jab against the stupidity and intolerance of someone not in the minority, not against the minority itself. But it's OK when they do it, right? Because I'm sure an African American person wouldn't mind if someone like Aratina or Caine walked up to them and called them a "brown person". Personally, I'd pay money to see that :lol:
Funny story: My step-daughter when she was about 4 yrs old decided that she no longer wanted to have to use the men's room when she was out in public with me without mommy. So the first time she used the ladies room by herself at the mall Sears store I waited somewhat nervously outside. A young black lady exited the women's room, followed shortly by my step-daughter.

I asked her if she had washed her hands after going potty, and she said that she had. I asked her how she was able to reach the sink, and she responded that she couldn't, "but that brown lady helped me".

Needless to say she soon wondered why I was laughing.
Sounds like your 4 year old daughter would either be accepted at FTB, or banned from AtheismPlus :lol:

Apples

Post by Apples »

:D Ellenbeth is continues to burnish her reputation for sanity and credibility on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/EllenBethWachs

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

More Wach-a-loonery :D

http://i.imgur.com/FURrYph.jpg

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Gumby wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Funny story: My step-daughter when she was about 4 yrs old decided that she no longer wanted to have to use the men's room when she was out in public with me without mommy. So the first time she used the ladies room by herself at the mall Sears store I waited somewhat nervously outside. A young black lady exited the women's room, followed shortly by my step-daughter.

I asked her if she had washed her hands after going potty, and she said that she had. I asked her how she was able to reach the sink, and she responded that she couldn't, "but that brown lady helped me".

Needless to say she soon wondered why I was laughing.
Sounds like your 4 year old daughter would either be accepted at FTB, or banned from AtheismPlus :lol:
This was many years ago. She now has her own child.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Howdy, Ellen Beth!
Want to go for a coffee?
I know the perfect place...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... BYtawb169E

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Apples wrote::D Ellenbeth is continues to burnish her reputation for sanity and credibility on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/EllenBethWachs
Good grief.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Dick Strawkins wrote:More Wach-a-loonery :D

THIS. This is why I don't use twitter.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Submariner wrote: THIS. This is why I don't use twitter.
Twitter is supremely silly. To me it has absolutely zero value, apart from the occasional lulz. But it's so important to the FTB wannabe SJW's that they feel the need to create a block bot (really, a ban bot the way they use it) to try to control discourse on that medium. Their narrow-minded paranoia boggles the mind.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Submariner wrote:

I love the way her last tweet confirms she uses the rape narrative to deflect her racism. Can she be that easy to trap?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ophelia is still fuming at Harriet Hall.
And however much I respect people for being pioneers, I’m not going to let that substitute for a good argument. I think Hall’s claims are mistaken and that she does a terrible job of backing them up with argument. The fact that she was a pioneer doesn’t change that. (I find I can no longer honestly say I admire her for the pioneering, because she has been so persistently and immovably unpleasant and vindictive, and so incapable of admitting any error.)
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -the-guys/
And Ophelia does a terrible job of backing her arguments up with fact. See, it goes both ways. It's just too bad that Harriet Hall climbed the ranks on her own in an otherwise man's dominated profession to become a legitimate flight surgeon in the U.S. Airforce -- which didn't come easy and required a great deal of will and most likely suffered a great deal of pushback -- only to be reduced to a "token woman" by perpetual gophers like Ophelia Benson and Amanda Marcotte.

Makes me ask what Benson and Marcotte have done to break down the gender barriers, in order to slight Dr. Hall in that fashion.

Oh, wait, I remember: fuck all.

To be called a "token woman" must feel like a slap in the face after such hardships. To effectively be dubbed a "sister punisher", a "gender traitor", a "chill girl" - a woman who does what she does only to please the men around her. Nevermind that this implies a heteronormative stereotype. Who are the real misogynists here, I wonder?

Apples

Post by Apples »

Jack wrote:I love the way her last tweet confirms she uses the rape narrative to deflect her racism. Can she be that easy to trap?
Yep. :D She's deliciously incompetent.

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

These goofy attacks on Harriett Hall are depressing. Harriet Hall tried to explain how she felt and her own actions, and yet all they can do is try to come up with psychomagicry to explain why we really can't pay attention to her and her opinions. She clearly must have some ulterior motives to explain not agreeing with them.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

EdwardGemmer wrote:These goofy attacks on Harriett Hall are depressing. Harriet Hall tried to explain how she felt and her own actions, and yet all they can do is try to come up with psychomagicry to explain why we really can't pay attention to her and her opinions. She clearly must have some ulterior motives to explain not agreeing with them.
They attack people when people make them look bad, when they expose them for what they truly are. It's their way of trying to stop people from expressing any opinions contrary to theirs. The way I see it, if PZ and Rebecca and their goons are attacking you, you're doing something right.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

There's something freakish about them focussing on Hall.

I mean Hall is a ground-breaking role model for lots of people, male and female.

It's fucking nutso to attack her.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Reap wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, time to own up.
Which one of you is Tony?
Come on, he's obviously a POE.

http://i.imgur.com/FbZgkJU.jpg
I'll post a blog explaining things this week. I really hope this is a joke cause WTF??! if it isn't.
Nothing new.
anagram1.gif
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
anagram2.gif
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Links:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-128157

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-508352

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

EdwardGemmer wrote:These goofy attacks on Harriett Hall are depressing. Harriet Hall tried to explain how she felt and her own actions, and yet all they can do is try to come up with psychomagicry to explain why we really can't pay attention to her and her opinions. She clearly must have some ulterior motives to explain not agreeing with them.
Maybe depressing but totally predictable. They can't argue with logic and reason so they use the only tactic they know, strawmanning, lies and appeals to emotion. If I had to guess Dr Hall did not make the post for them but for any lurkers who wanted her point of view. I doubt she was under any delusion that they would react any other way.

Apples

strangers in the night

Post by Apples »

Poor Zhuge has gone to A+ Information and Answers for some clarity on having crushes/objectification:
I mean it seems very clear to me that for example, commenting on people's looks (especially in public) is definitely objectification in most cases. Similarly staring at people one finds attractive is objectifying (and creepy!) It seems equally as obvious that, say, finding someone attractive in one's head or finding a date or partner attractive is not, at least necessarily, objectifying. But in the middle ground sometimes it isn't clear. I mean for example, most behaviour that is associated with having a crush at first seems ok. I mean as happens on occasion I glance over at someone's face whom I am attracted to, and my first instinct is that is probably ok. It signals interest, and isn't intrusive or likely to make one feel dehumanized, I think. Or similarly when talking with someone I am attracted to, I imagine it's likely I moderate my behaviour in some fashion or another (maybe one is happier or something like that?)

But it occurs to me that I don't actually know what it is like to be a woman with that sort of thing going on. Intuitively I figure that's expected behaviour (I mean I must have learned it somehow). But I imagine it could easily be objectifying and bothersome. I recognize obviously that would vary person to person, of course. But I do worry that perhaps it might help construct a chilly climate, which I would prefer to avoid. And the problem is, I feel like I have an entire culture backing me up saying this is all fine. But I have an entire culture telling me that racism and rape is fine too, and they sure as hell are not. So I wind up worrying about these things.
(my emphasis)

You're almost there, Zhuge - just grind those gears in the other direction for a second and it'll all become clear.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4033

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Gumby wrote:
They attack people when people make them look bad, when they expose them for what they truly are. It's their way of trying to stop people from expressing any opinions contrary to theirs. The way I see it, if PZ and Rebecca and their goons are attacking you, you're doing something right.

I agree. In fact when they start attacking someone I've never heard of, it makes me want to find out what that person is saying. I'd never heard of Radford before this (maybe I'm sheltered) but I'll be sure to look for him now.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Submariner wrote:
Gumby wrote:

I agree. In fact when they start attacking someone I've never heard of, it makes me want to find out what that person is saying. I'd never heard of Radford before this (maybe I'm sheltered) but I'll be sure to look for him now.
Yep same for me, I have found a whole load of interesting people out there I had never heard of before.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:Hmmm,

Comrade PhysioProf shows up and he also has the audacity to link to his blog.

His comment has no extra vowels so perhaps he is off his meds (or on them) because he actually and for once uses words that ....

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=1304#comment-226448
Very cool paper! The following crazy idea occurred to me as a way to discriminate the other two axes of the embryo. You could lay each slice in a consistent orientation onto a substrate that has had deposited onto it a two-dimensional grid of distinct indexing oligos, and then do an in situ ligation reaction to ligate the indexing oligos to the embryonic mRNA. Once the ligation is done, then you sequence the entire slice’s mRNA together, but each mRNA molecule is associated with its position in the grid by virtue of being ligated to the indexing oligo corresponding to that grid position.
erm .... I may have to retract that bit about the meds. I am also going to let someone else sort that out.
That makes no more sense to me than his usual shitte. :lol: But maybe this time it's different?
It is not his usual shitte - he's suggesting an experimental procedure that might give some useful information - but it doesn't sound practical in terms of the original experiment (Physioproffes suggestion is very speculative and unlikely to work with the drosophila embryos - they don't contain enough mRNA for it to survive the fragmentation and ligation process in sufficient quantities.
I think you need to be a molecular biologist to understand what he's suggesting - and to understand why it probably won't work.
You mean he's shooting off his mouth about something he knows nothing about? Who'd have thought?

Apples

Post by Apples »

rayshul wrote:There's something freakish about them focussing on Hall.

I mean Hall is a ground-breaking role model for lots of people, male and female.

Strategic geniuses they are not.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... sgoing.png

LadyChillax

Post by LadyChillax »

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. That article by Amanda Marcotte is the most obnoxious thing I have read in a long time, and my vagina is highly offended. I hope I have come to the right place. The Garth Paden comment rocks.

I won't bore with my long road to joining you all here, but reading this wicked Pit has saved my sanity on more than one occasion so I feel compelled to finally say Thanks!

To rayshul: Best of luck with the twin pregnancy - I have identical boys - they are still an adventure . . .

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

EllenBeth Wachs just might be the easiest person I've ever trolled. And, I suck at trolling.

Hi, EllenBeth Wachs, you ditzy racist nut job.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Apples wrote:
rayshul wrote:There's something freakish about them focussing on Hall.

Strategic geniuses they are not.
Strategy is never a high priority for blinkered ideologues. It's an artefact of the "with us or against us" dichotomy.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Whadda fuckin fuck???

Whoo, that rape tweet by Ellenbeth is so gonna get capped and put into the museum! :D

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

LadyChillax wrote:Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. That article by Amanda Marcotte is the most obnoxious thing I have read in a long time, and my vagina is highly offended. I hope I have come to the right place. The Garth Paden comment rocks.

I won't bore with my long road to joining you all here, but reading this wicked Pit has saved my sanity on more than one occasion so I feel compelled to finally say Thanks!

To rayshul: Best of luck with the twin pregnancy - I have identical boys - they are still an adventure . . .

Welcome! Don't be a stranger, the more the merrier.

Now, fuck off! :D

lurking coward

Post by lurking coward »

rayshul wrote:SJW have done that to me with the "people of colour" phrase. I told them I identified as white. Everything then became faaaar more hilarious. I'm pretty sure I originated the use of "darkie" on the 'pit, too. ^_^ Because it's exactly what SJW mean using "people of colour" - it doesn't mean people who experience racism, or people who are from a foriegn culture, or people who have been traditionally oppressed, or people who are in their homeland the oppressed culture, or anything that might remotely make sense. It means darkies. You can be the dominant power in your country, you can be rich and powerful, you can have never experiened a smidgen of racism because... well, you're part of a culture or class or country that doesn't buy into that kind of shit, but fuuuhkkk you're still a bloody darkie. It means people who are not white enough to pass as their US-centric "normal" - people they wouldn't be inviting to their dinner parties.

They are creeeeepy fucks.

They have this funny idea that being colourblind is a bad thing. The thing is, being colourblind is really the new normal. Kids grow up with all different kinds of people these days. My rural-ly living in-laws in conservative Australia have relatives of virtually every race at this point. People grow up with family members who aren't the same race as they are or don't present as the same race visibly, despite being their closest genetic relatives. This is the real world. Their fucking shit makes no sense.
The term "people of color" is a pretty weird and oft abused term. There was a time, many years ago, when it was a euphemism for blacks, but since the 1980s or so it is usually supposed to be applicable to anyone who isn't "white". However, increasingly I see it being applied to people from ethnic groups that have NOT historically been considered either non-white or oppressed. The Spanish actress Penelope Cruz was referred to as a "person of color" by an announcer at some awards show a few years back (the absurd suggestion was made that her having been nominated for an Oscar - or whatever the award was - was something of a rosa Parks or Jackie Robinson moment). I've seen Kim Kardashian referred to as a "person of color", presumably by virtue of being half Armenisn (?). I've even seen the actor David Schwimmer of TV show "Friends" fame has claimed he is a "person of color" by virtue of his being Jewish. And then there are people who, despite looking like member of the British Royal family, will claim to be a PoC by virtue of some remote and unverified Native-American ancestry (e.g. Elizabeth Warren, Ward Churhchill, several A-plussers, etc.). It can get pretty Orwellian, as certain ethnic groups considered "privileged whites" (e.g. Italians) generally have the same phenotype as ethnic groups considered "oppressed people of color" (e.g. Spaniards).

In any event, in all it's incarnations, I've always found the term to be very condescending. :roll:

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Welcome Lady Chillax. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with your basket o' links. In the meantime, fuck off.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

lurking coward wrote:
rayshul wrote:SJW have done that to me with the "people of colour" phrase. I told them I identified as white. Everything then became faaaar more hilarious. I'm pretty sure I originated the use of "darkie" on the 'pit, too. ^_^ Because it's exactly what SJW mean using "people of colour" - it doesn't mean people who experience racism, or people who are from a foriegn culture, or people who have been traditionally oppressed, or people who are in their homeland the oppressed culture, or anything that might remotely make sense. It means darkies. You can be the dominant power in your country, you can be rich and powerful, you can have never experiened a smidgen of racism because... well, you're part of a culture or class or country that doesn't buy into that kind of shit, but fuuuhkkk you're still a bloody darkie. It means people who are not white enough to pass as their US-centric "normal" - people they wouldn't be inviting to their dinner parties.

They have this funny idea that being colourblind is a bad thing. The thing is, being colourblind is really the new normal. Kids grow up with all different kinds of people these days. My rural-ly living in-laws in conservative Australia have relatives of virtually every race at this point. People grow up with family members who aren't the same race as they are or don't present as the same race visibly, despite being their closest genetic relatives. This is the real world. Their fucking shit makes no sense.
The term "people of color" is a pretty weird and oft abused term. There was a time, many years ago, when it was a euphemism for blacks, but since the 1980s or so it is usually supposed to be applicable to anyone who isn't "white". However, increasingly I see it being applied to people from ethnic groups that have NOT historically been considered either non-white or oppressed. The Spanish actress Penelope Cruz was referred to as a "person of color" by an announcer at some awards show a few years back (the absurd suggestion was made that her having been nominated for an Oscar - or whatever the award was - was something of a rosa Parks or Jackie Robinson moment). I've seen Kim Kardashian referred to as a "person of color", presumably by virtue of being half Armenisn (?). I've even seen the actor David Schwimmer of TV show "Friends" fame has claimed he is a "person of color" by virtue of his being Jewish. And then there are people who, despite looking like member of the British Royal family, will claim to be a PoC by virtue of some remote and unverified Native-American ancestry (e.g. Elizabeth Warren, Ward Churhchill, several A-plussers, etc.). It can get pretty Orwellian, as certain ethnic groups considered "privileged whites" (e.g. Italians) generally have the same phenotype as ethnic groups considered "oppressed people of color" (e.g. Spaniards).

In any event, in all it's incarnations, I've always found the term to be very condescending. :roll:
My great grandmother was Cherokee. Can I be a PoC too??

(Even though I'm white as the driven fucking snow?)

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

LadyChillax wrote:Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. That article by Amanda Marcotte is the most obnoxious thing I have read in a long time, and my vagina is highly offended. I hope I have come to the right place. The Garth Paden comment rocks.

Hello LadyChillax, now fuck off! :teasing-neener:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Submariner wrote: My great grandmother was Cherokee. Can I be a PoC too??

A couple of generations ago, there was some Romany on my mother's side - guess that not only makes me a PoC, but with such a dilute strain of travelling folk in me, I must be a homoeopathic gypsy remedy too. Which means that if I'm around when the gippos come to tarmac your drive, they'll actually make a good job of it.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Submariner wrote:
A thousand times THIS! :D

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Welcome :D

AnotherLurkerMKII

Post by AnotherLurkerMKII »

Wow. "Don't be fooled by his game when he rapes your daughter".

http://i.imgur.com/Kgg6bIQ.jpg

Apples

Post by Apples »

Couldn't find the welcome link baskets. Hope this'll do:
http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww18 ... f_Rape.jpg

Git

Post by Git »

Welcome LadyChillax. Got any kitteh pics to share?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

We have the venality of Watson, Laden's peerless incompetence, Svan's bloated ego, and Marcotte's virulent bigotry but for pure schizophrenic theater Ellen Beth is in a league of her own.

Except for Half-fish...

And then there's Simple Flower...

...you know what? I take it back.

But she's still nuttier than a six foot pile of squirrel shit.

Oh, and Chillax? Fuck off.

Altair

Post by Altair »

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3949/tweeti.png

Just take a look at the link she tweeted (http://prntscr.com/tw89r) and then say again "Hi, Ellen Beth!"

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hi LadyChillax. Welcome to the 'Pit. I won't tell you to fuck off, even if it's all being done in jest, because it's just not something I do ... much.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I refuse to believe that somebody could really be so obliviously dense.

She is blatantly "trolling" on Twitter in front of her 800+ followers. Does she not think this will make her look ridiculous to them?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Altair wrote:http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3949/tweeti.png

Just take a look at the link she tweeted (http://prntscr.com/tw89r) and then say again "Hi, Ellen Beth!"
Does she realize what the term "quote mine" actually means? :shock:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

EllenBeth Looneytune said:
... and, he simply birthed the lie today. Jhn Brown actually nurtured it and gave it flight.
Huh? WTF?

:confusion-confused:

Git

Post by Git »

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009 ... %20Cat.jpg

Concerned Cat is Concerned that Queen Bee isn't going to TAM this year?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 056298.jpg

Altair

Post by Altair »

John Greg wrote:EllenBeth Looneytune said:
... and, he simply birthed the lie today. Jhn Brown actually nurtured it and gave it flight.
Huh? WTF?

:confusion-confused:
Apparently lies are birds, or something :think:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

lurking coward wrote:

Handy field guide to People of Color (or, at least, Colors of People - or, at least to the Colors of People's Skin, which of course can change to some extent based on exposure to UVA & UVB):
http://i.imgur.com/0SmkzpN.png

From here: http://studioknow.com/2011/07/world-skin-tone-chart/
Submariner wrote:My great grandmother was Cherokee. Can I be a PoC too??

If you ran into this guy at the grocery store, would you treat him like a white guy or a PoC? ("you" meaning anyone who might react differently -I'm not saying that for you, Submariner, there'd be a difference):

http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/8/7/f ... /Story.jpg

I'm just imaging an SJW treating him like a typical white cis-man (you know, like he's de facto an MRA-and-a-rapist), then finding out he's actually the current Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation (= instant-victimized-culture-cred!)

windy

Post by windy »

Pitchguest wrote: To be called a "token woman" must feel like a slap in the face after such hardships. To effectively be dubbed a "sister punisher", a "gender traitor", a "chill girl" - a woman who does what she does only to please the men around her. Nevermind that this implies a heteronormative stereotype. Who are the real misogynists here, I wonder?
I think it would only feel like a slap in the face coming from a person whose opinion you formerly respected. But yes, it's heteronormative, gender policing, ...

And it's not only gender-based epithets that are "fair game" (from Marcotte's article again, no disagreement from her or her commenters so far):
rawstory_uncletom.png
(10 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Reap wrote:I'll post a blog explaining things this week. I really hope this is a joke cause WTF??! if it isn't.
I heard a disturbing rumor that margarine contains Reap-seed, can you confirm or deny this?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

oolon claims I am a lier with form by means of linking to an article on Butterflies and Wheels where Ophelia goes full Ellenbeth Wachs about me and mordacious1. Ophelia freaked out because I pointed out that she had given personal information about a famous anonymous 'author' that allowed his real identity to be easily revealed!
Apparently we were lying lying bastards!
Unfortunately for Ophelia she had forgotten to memory hole the comment that proved that it was her, in fact, who was lying!
Hey oolon, I guess you are still reading here.
Go fuck yourself! :D

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

:lol: Ellenbeth is doing the 'rapes your daughter' thing to Justin Vacula now. WTF is she on??

It's funny, cos JV looks like a really happy gay man in his Twitter pic.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Just on the subject of PZs book and his wish to be able to rewrite it, I think I have an idea what he is talking about.
The publicity blurbs from the publishers make it clear that the book is, essentially, exactly what you would expect coming from the mind of PZ Myers.
But not the social justice warrior PZ Myers of today, rather its the creationist/Intelligent Design teasing PZ Myers of five years ago.
For the last several years, PZ Myers, writing the blog Pharyngula, has entertained millions of readers every month with his infectious love of evolutionary science and his equally infectious disdain for creationism, biblical literalism, "intelligent design" theory, and other products of godly illogic. While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, he does think that, most of the time, it makes them believe in the truly ridiculous--which is exactly what he skewers in this riotously funny book. In fact, The Happy Atheist is so outrageous, it's the only book about religion anyone should take seriously.

"While PZ does not accept the common atheist argument that religion necessarily makes people do evil, violent things, "

Where the hell is that a common atheist argument?
I've never heard a single atheist say that religion "necessarily makes people do evil, violent things."

That would mean that every religion person will do evil violent things!

Who the fuck makes that argument!

Anyway, that's an aside.
The main point is that the publicity seems to describe a book making fun of religious people for believing in stupid stuff.

If that is what the book does - and remembering PZs blog from a few years back, if it is based on 2008 PZ Myers then it may very well do so, I guess he is beginning to feel nervous about the fact that his corner of the atheist movement has moved on from this type of tactics.
In fact these type of tactics are now considered by the sjw's to be the domain of the great Satan of atheism - Richard Lucifer Dawkins.
http://i.imgur.com/hSgiUEg.jpg
Richard Lucifer Dawkins? Looks more like failed vice presidential candidate Paul Ayn Rand's Retarded Nephew Ryan.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Dick Strawkins wrote:

oolon claims I am a lier with form by means of linking to an article on Butterflies and Wheels where Ophelia goes full Ellenbeth Wachs about me and mordacious1. Ophelia freaked out because I pointed out that she had given personal information about a famous anonymous 'author' that allowed his real identity to be easily revealed!
Apparently we were lying lying bastards!
Unfortunately for Ophelia she had forgotten to memory hole the comment that proved that it was her, in fact, who was lying!
Hey oolon, I guess you are still reading here.
Go fuck yourself! :D
Well, let Oolon have his time in the sun. Sooner or later he will do something so stupid they will dump him like a rock. Toads like him always do.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

So, EllenBeth Looneytune, on Butterbeers and Wimpyburgers, goes on to say (http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-479182):
I just had the misfortune of dealing with one nasty John Brown. I discovered they were referring to black people as “darkies” in the slymepit and called them on it.
Huh? WTF, again. She called us on it? And having a PoC (sorry rayshul, just using it for the cliche) call herself a darkie is racist? WTdoubleF? And John Brown's a 'Pitter?
The dishonest despicable people that they are can’t own that.
Own what, EllenBeth Nutcase, own what?
John Brown came after me on twitter to use a smear campaign of lies calling me a racist in multiple tweets as if I were the one that said it and using the hashtag #ftbullies.
"... came after me on twitter...." Ya, I saw a film of him racing down the Florida boulevards in his mighty, Wachsdoodle stompin' Twittermobile. Magic.

Looneytune indeed.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote::lol: Ellenbeth is doing the 'rapes your daughter' thing to Justin Vacula now. WTF is she on??

It's funny, cos JV looks like a really happy gay man in his Twitter pic.
Don't be fooled by his game when he rapes your son.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

If I had any shred of sympathy for Ophelia remaining, it has dispersed on the dust- and pollen-laden winds out of the Panhandle, with her latest post attacking Harriet Hall. Medical schools and residency programs in the US are so much more gender-balanced than they were even 10 years ago*. Most medical school entering (and graduating) classes are almost evenly split between male and female; our entering classes have been between 48 and 52% female over the last decade. Women have no hesitation applying for, and are accepted into, every residency program you can think of: general surgery**, neurosurgery, orthopedics, pathology, neurology, cardiology, urology, hematology-oncology, etc., become chief residents in their programs, and succeed in their chosen specialties. There are many successful female MDs in academic medicine and clinical research as well.

This sea change in the gender distribution of physicians in the US didn't just happen, Ophelia. It was made possible in large part by the persistence, courage, and determination of female physicians like Dr. Hall. Young women who excel academically and are interested in healthcare professions have been able to look at MDs like Dr. Hall, and realize the possibilities for success in medical school and a career as a physician. So you can fuck right off with your ridiculous self-involved manufactured drama. Fuck. Right. Off.

* I'm aware that the US is way behind more progressive European and South American countries, with regards to percentages of physicians who are female.

** I have a friend (a few years younger than Dr. Hall) who was a general surgeon for many years, until she had to switch specialties because of orthopedic wear and tear. The chief of her residency program called her "Dr. Cunt" every single day, in front of her fellow residents (all male), and asked her stupid questions like "Are you having your period today, Dr. Cunt? Do you need a break to change your tampax?" etc. If she and other female physicians of her generation hadn't just shrugged off this crap and continued caring for patients and advancing in their careers, medical school classes today would still be skewed toward male students.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tigzy wrote::lol: Ellenbeth is doing the 'rapes your daughter' thing to Justin Vacula now. WTF is she on??
I rather think the problem relates to what she is not on ie. someone forgot to take their medication again.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BarnOwl wrote:
If I had any shred of sympathy for Ophelia remaining, it has dispersed on the dust- and pollen-laden winds out of the Panhandle, with her latest post attacking Harriet Hall. Medical schools and residency programs in the US are so much more gender-balanced than they were even 10 years ago*. Most medical school entering (and graduating) classes are almost evenly split between male and female; our entering classes have been between 48 and 52% female over the last decade. Women have no hesitation applying for, and are accepted into, every residency program you can think of: general surgery**, neurosurgery, orthopedics, pathology, neurology, cardiology, urology, hematology-oncology, etc., become chief residents in their programs, and succeed in their chosen specialties. There are many successful female MDs in academic medicine and clinical research as well.

This sea change in the gender distribution of physicians in the US didn't just happen, Ophelia. It was made possible in large part by the persistence, courage, and determination of female physicians like Dr. Hall. Young women who excel academically and are interested in healthcare professions have been able to look at MDs like Dr. Hall, and realize the possibilities for success in medical school and a career as a physician. So you can fuck right off with your ridiculous self-involved manufactured drama. Fuck. Right. Off.

* I'm aware that the US is way behind more progressive European and South American countries, with regards to percentages of physicians who are female.

** I have a friend (a few years younger than Dr. Hall) who was a general surgeon for many years, until she had to switch specialties because of orthopedic wear and tear. The chief of her residency program called her "Dr. Cunt" every single day, in front of her fellow residents (all male), and asked her stupid questions like "Are you having your period today, Dr. Cunt? Do you need a break to change your tampax?" etc. If she and other female physicians of her generation hadn't just shrugged off this crap and continued caring for patients and advancing in their careers, medical school classes today would still be skewed toward male students.
Ophelia has no choice.
She sees all of this as a great battle between good and evil.
She has chosen what is, in her mind, the side of good. She has no option to temper her views or amid uncertainty about her opponents.
Rebecca has deemed Harriet Hall to be a smelly old bore.
Ophelia has no choice but to agree.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I knew about her arrest for lewd behavior in 2011 but not about the one in 2006 for assault & battery.

Polk Co Sheriff's Dept info:
2011 http://www.polksheriff.org/inq/pages/in ... 011-010110
2006 http://www.polksheriff.org/inq/pages/in ... 006-026706

Oh, and happy (recent) birthday, EllenBeth!

noblehawk2

Post by noblehawk2 »

HOOKERS2.jpg
(291.72 KiB) Downloaded 176 times