Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by AndrewV69 »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:Need some data to back up your "hey the gender divide isn't all in favour of men" arguments?
Delving into the data reveals a surprising array of areas in which men might have the hardest time.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... CMP=twt_fd
If anything I would be surprised if a MRA did not know this. It has certainly been talked about over and over.

This is why I was not in the least surprised to hear that that Sally Strange was in an abusive relationship nor if it was revealed that it was mutual.

These people seem to have no trouble finding each other.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/52AJrps.jpg
I'm with god on that one.
That's a message that everybody should support.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Barael wrote:... but then I got stuck at Black Rider and Dennett. Black obviously doesn't fit that well to any of them, and I'm not up to date on Dennet's SJW rap sheet. I guess he could epitomize mansplaining and philopsophy dudebros...?
He's old and white. Those are severe crimes in themselves in Baboonland.

Southern

Post by Southern »

On topic of Atheism+ and triggering about stupid shit, someone should show them this book: How to Read Donald Duck. Then they will never be able to watch Duck Tales again.

Then we play the Duck Tales theme song, which is earworm of highest order, and they will be trapped into a constant state of nausea and despair, like Alex from Clockwork Orange after listening to Beethoven.

The mass suicide to follow would end Atheism Plus once and for all, making the world a saner place. All thanks to a couple of Chilean nutjobs and some pantless ducks. Score!

Barael

Post by Barael »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Barael wrote:... but then I got stuck at Black Rider and Dennett. Black obviously doesn't fit that well to any of them, and I'm not up to date on Dennet's SJW rap sheet. I guess he could epitomize mansplaining and philopsophy dudebros...?
He's old and white. Those are severe crimes in themselves in Baboonland.
In conjunction, sure, but Dawkins is already the horseman of white supremacy/privilege and just being old isn't a sin (a bad one, anyway) since that would be ageism.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

demystifier wrote:...do people here really have such low standards that riling up hypersensitive folks via shitfucks like the Phelps clan is funny?.
Speaking for myself, and only myself. Yeppers! I totally own that shit (as some are wont to say).

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Atheismtv is going to be banned within a day if he keeps this up.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Barael wrote:I'm a bit bored at work so I tried to come up with version of the Four Horsemen of New Atheism according to the Social Justice Bible:

The White Rider is obviously Dawkins. He embodies White Supremacy and Male Privilege.

The Red Rider is of course Hitchens, the famous War Mongerer and Misogynist.

The Pale Rider is Sam Harris due to his brazen Racism and Islamophobia.

... but then I got stuck at Black Rider and Dennett. Black obviously doesn't fit that well to any of them, and I'm not up to date on Dennet's SJW rap sheet. I guess he could epitomize mansplaining and philopsophy dudebros...?
Dennett vigorously defended Chagnon against the charges laid against him by Tierney in Darkness in El Dorado. That makes him the dastardly defender of deepest darkness in the eyes of the Pomo wing of Cultural Anthropology.

Seriously I'm not making any of this up.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Barael wrote:I'm a bit bored at work so I tried to come up with version of the Four Horsemen of New Atheism according to the Social Justice Bible:

The White Rider is obviously Dawkins. He embodies White Supremacy and Male Privilege.

... but then I got stuck at Black Rider and Dennett. Black obviously doesn't fit that well to any of them, and I'm not up to date on Dennet's SJW rap sheet. I guess he could epitomize mansplaining and philopsophy dudebros...?
Maybe reframe the riders as Death, War, Famine and Pestilence (and Kaos, for the initiated).

Barael

Post by Barael »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Maybe reframe the riders as Death, War, Famine and Pestilence (and Kaos, for the initiated).
White just goes too well with the whole White Privilege / Supremacy thing. Then again War would suit Hitchens (well, better than Red) and Death kinda suits Harris since he advocates for the death of each and every muslim world wide, by nuclear first strike if necessary... but you gotta help me out with Famine and Pestilence :/

Skeptic_Duh

Post by Skeptic_Duh »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Saying that she was simply inquiring whether Shirley Phelps was going to attend assumes we are all complete idiots. :naughty:
:clap:

I agree - all the JV posts defending his friend are just noise.

And stating he has the "power" to call them and bring them - but he won't, does not win any prizes either.

It is overblown by OB and PZ - but if KP didn't toss the match on the gas, it wouldn't of gone anywhere.

:popcorn:

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Jonathan wrote:Atheismtv is going to be banned within a day if he keeps this up.
That page links to their "Posting Rules" page where this nugget was :
Respect the Mods: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, do it. Do not harass or annoy the mods. If you have a complaint about a moderator action. Make a post in the appropriate thread in the "Forum Matters" section. An Admin will PM you and the issue will be discussed.
:lol:
(emphasis mine obviously)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

My respect for the actor who played Riker is now 10,000, he is a blatant piss taker

[youtube]lVIGhYMwRgs[/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

On the topic of WBC in general, they came to protest a funeral outside of the Air Force Base here in town a few years ago and we got a bunch of photos from our unfortunate vantage point across a busy street. The best of these are posted here.

If you can see the photo set (I'm unused to sharing links from G+) have a look at the last one. That's the money shot, because it shows exactly the reaction the WBC are going for. They were mocking soldiers and desecrating flags and thereby managed to get that young veteran so riled up that he was about to to over there and tear shit up. In the photo, the Midwest City PD were doing an excellent job of talking that kid down. I like to think they were reminding him that he swore an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution, which has been interpreted to protect even flag desecration as symbolic core political speech.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Za-zen wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
Zenspace wrote:I see it as an indicator of the continuing gentrification of the Pyt. Before you know it, this will be a perfectly respectable place for any and all self-respecting SJW to visit and hang out comfortably. :mrgreen:
As a long time reader, I tend to agree on the gentrification issue. The pit will eventually lose its edge and become fat and middle aged.
Methinks we are about to enter another round of "we must have purpose!" I'm going to do a Jamy, fuck off and stop trying to move our tent, it has been annunciated many many times before that no matter what we say or do (outside of capitulation to their ideology) we will be vilified. As far as i'm aware we don't have a higher purpose, and any mission statement is limited to calling out and taking the piss out of bullshit. Does that mean the pyt cannot or will not evolve into something more meaningful, of course not, but until the time that the host, informs me that calling you cunt, for no other reason, than i want to see how your face contorts is unacceptable.... I 'll say fuck off you cunt and leave our tent alone.

JV is a self promoter, no doubt, and he gets called on it, he's a big enough boy to deal with it without asking Karla for a sympathy fuck. As for Karla, i'm surprised she hasn't told all you dick wringers to stiffen up.
If we all started to agree with each other this place would get boring very fast.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Shirley Phelps-Roper is a joke. The Westboro Baptist Church is a joke. Are we seriously giving this the time of day? Give it a rest.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Jonathan wrote:Atheismtv is going to be banned within a day if he keeps this up.
A+ forums, a gift that never stops giving. I've tried so hard to ignore those forums but I can't. It's so addictive. Everything wrong about SJW thinking is there as clear as day.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Ericb wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
Zenspace wrote:I see it as an indicator of the continuing gentrification of the Pyt. Before you know it, this will be a perfectly respectable place for any and all self-respecting SJW to visit and hang out comfortably. :mrgreen:
As a long time reader, I tend to agree on the gentrification issue. The pit will eventually lose its edge and become fat and middle aged.

On the other hand it might be a fat Elvis kind of middle age.
Ack!! :lol:

Just to be clear, while I made my post somewhat in jest, there is a modicum of truth behind my observation and I actually consider this a good thing - to a point. In my short time as a member here, the old debate of style and intent has come up at least twice with pretty much the same result, but there has been a noticeable effect in that the number of 'offend just to offend' posts have all but disappeared. Those that still do get posted are usually from some new arrival just passing through the forum and not the regular commentators. There has been an active and noticeable effort to keep the anti-(insert favorite subject here) posts limited to those that are more likely to fit within the accepted definitions of satire, etc. I consider this commendable and more effective for the stated purposes of the Pyt as the Pyt's activities become far more defensible, should that even be a concern. In the long run, I posit this will serve to make the Pyt more acceptable to a larger audience and the message, such as it is, will also find a wider and more accepting audience. There is a balance to be stuck and, in my opinion, the Pyt is presently maintaining something very close to that balance at the moment.

The 'to a point' bit comes into play when we start to get too sensitive about whom we might be offending. There are no clear, definitive 'this line and no farther' rules or reference points here, unfortunately, just something to be generally aware of. One of my earlier predictions was that FtB would gradually become an extension of the Atheism+ forum rather than the other way around and it is hilarious watching that play out as the ultra-PC crowd gradually gains control of PZ's forum. Just be careful the same dynamic doesn't creep in here.

Other than that, carry on! :mrgreen:

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Jack wrote:
A+ forums, a gift that never stops giving. I've tried so hard to ignore those forums but I can't. It's so addictive. Everything wrong about SJW thinking is there as clear as day.
I know, right. The pile-on is growing even now. If he dares answer back again he'll be banned, no question. Especially when Ceepolk the giant ban-hammer notices.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Southern wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
I...I can't....
I.. d...don't even....

"How it's made" is a problematic show?

They could find social injustice in a washing machine repair manual.
I'm so resisting the urge to make up a disfunctional, broken, fucked up personality right now and go troll those fucks for a moth or two.
I actually, theoretically, have the time to do that right now. I've considered it but there are a couple of things that have, thus far, restrained me:

1. I'm not entirely convinced that half the people on the Slymepit aren't doing it already.
2. I'm a reasonably creative person but I'm not at all confident that I could come up with anything crazier than is considered perfectly normal over there anyway.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jonathan wrote:
Jack wrote:
I know, right. The pile-on is growing even now. If he dares answer back again he'll be banned, no question. Especially when Ceepolk the giant ban-hammer notices.
AtheismTV: "Here's a video of Ophelia at a conference. Enjoy!"
A+ arse nuggets: "Hey, you didn't post a link to a transcripts. We keep telling you you should but you don't listen!"
AtheismTV: "Sorry, but I'm busy. I do what I can - you know, it'd be easier if I had some volunteers to help me on this."
A+ arse nuggets: "Fuck of, you ableist scum. Didn't you read the rules? You have to post links to transcripts of vids, otherwise you're a nazi."
AtheismTV: "It's not in the rules."
A+ arse nuggest: "Yes it fuckin is!"
AtheismTV posts a link to the rules. There's no rule about providing links to transcripts.
A+ arse nuggets: "Erm...well...we've just put the rule in now. No thanks to your rule lawyering! You should have just listened to us the first place!"
AtheismTV: "Yeah, uh...anyways, it'd be a lot easier to get transcripts if I had some volunteers to help me."
A+ arse nuggets: "We can't help you cos we're disabled! Fuck off. Fuck off now!"
https://a-plus-scribe.com/lib/exe/fetch ... scribe.jpg
...by able-bodied people only - cos frankly, those disableds are only good for circuses, aren't they.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

DownThunder wrote:
Don't worry, there's plenty of us still here who are more than willing to lower the tone.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 5DgEUnpATA

karlaporter

Post by karlaporter »

Scented Nectar wrote:I must admit that I found Karla's tweet quite funny. At it's most extreme result (WBC actually showing up), it's still a very harmless joke.

On the other hand, we've seen that when the feminists sic people on others, they ARE trying to be harmful. Like when PZ and StephInfection tried to turn Abbie's school and job against her by contacting them and trying to get her fired and expelled. Or like when Laden threatened Justin Griffith in a for-real sounding way.
Well there you have it, apparently you get it. I find the exaggerated reactions and amount of attention given to this is unwarranted and buying into drama and sensationalism. These were my comments and mine alone, not to be associated with any other individual or 'side', and should not be interpreted in any other way.

There were no motives - it was sarcasm directed at the person in the Twitter exchange, that's it. To clarify, I had absolutely no intention or desire of 'hurting' anyone, no one at all, and have not seen any evidence whatsoever that I have. I hope the WISC2 conference is very successful and of great value to the attendees. However, individuals will think what they may, as always. I understand that and acknowledge everyone's right to their opinion.

I'm sure there are many voyeurs enjoying all the posts about it here. Who really created all the drama? Me, or the person who decided to create a dramatic blog post about it well after it was a non-event and the army of adoring paranoid singular-thinking sheeple who lap up every drop of drivel and provide positive reinforcement through their stadium mentality? People claim to be so fearfully concerned I called attention to something 5 months ago when it was an absolute non-event - but now have invested countless hours promoting it, likely driving the WBC Google Alerts into overtime. They do not appear to be concerned about their inciting behavior hashing it up anew days before the event. They do not appear to be concerned that this excessive amount of promotion will call in the evil protesters. It simply appears to make for good drama during a slow news night to get everyone, including many people here, riled.

Some will consider it the way I meant it, as you and perhaps others appear to. Others are disappointed and here and elsewhere have provided a wide variety of thoughts and reaction, new names for me and both constructive and non-constructive criticism. I take that criticism into consideration. In the blogosphere there have been some underhanded calls to call this situation to the attention of my professional network via LinkedIn. Through my premium account, I know who views my profile, and see there has been an unusually large spike in profile views. Apparently this would be an effort to intimidate me or extract some sort of pay-back. I will not be intimidated by this.

Some public reaction has judged me harshly and I am quite aware of it. However, trying to 'guess' or create motives will get no one anywhere - there were none, and therefore allowing and feeding conspiracy theories to thrive will be fruitless. I have spent time on my own blog and other places talking about this manufactured drama, and now I'm done with this at the end of this post. I hope everyone else can be done with it too, stops feeding the fictitious beast, and goes back to slaying real dragons.

P.S. So that anyone who happens upon this post doesn't spend even more time wasted on this topic, please note these are my final comments on this matter and I won't be responding to other posts about it. There really is nothing left to be said.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Submariner wrote:
Respect the Mods: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, do it. Do not harass or annoy the mods. If you have a complaint about a moderator action. Make a post in the appropriate thread in the "Forum Matters" section. An Admin will PM you and the issue will be discussed.
Oh dear, I hope AtheismTV doesn't get banned from A+ before I make my triumphant return as an anchor on The Infidel in early June. I would be heartbroken if Setar, Ceepolk and the others couldn't watch from a safe place.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Oh dear, I hope AtheismTV doesn't get banned from A+ before I make my triumphant return as an anchor on The Infidel in early June. I would be heartbroken if Setar, Ceepolk and the others couldn't watch from a safe place.
Afraid he will be, in the next couple of hours now. He's blatantly fishing for a ban now.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

karlaporter wrote: Who really created all the drama? Me, or the person who decided to create a dramatic blog post about it well after it was a non-event and the army of adoring paranoid singular-thinking sheeple who lap up every drop of drivel and provide positive reinforcement through their stadium mentality?
It was a joint effort. Don't let them take all the glory!

I doubt that anyone here thinks you sicc-ed a pack of dangerous nutcases on the WISC2.
I'm only disappointed that you've naively handed Ophelia another piece of professional victim fodder.
You and the boy wonder have been teasing her for months, to what end I don't know, but the effect is that she's now desperate to throw everything up against the wall and wail at what sticks. Ophelia used to write books about skepticism and religion. Now she wails victimhood and harrassment on the internet and she needs to constantly feed this narrative with fresh meat, which you've kindly provided.
You were teasing the clowns at WBC and didn't expect them to turn up?
Let me give you some free media advice Karla - you should have made it clearer - especially when the story broke. And Vacula only made things worse with his silly post about being friends with the WBC.
So the FTB crowd are now targeting you in real life?
It comes as no surprise to us here - there are some really fucked up individuals over there who have zero sense of proportion. They will read this situation as you sending a hate group to the WISC2 - which equates to potential violent attacks on their team. And if you are violently attacking them then it is appropriate to target you in a proportional manner - most likely through fucking up your work environment, stupid petitions etc (you will be aware of how they targeted Vacula.)
Luckily they are pretty inept at these things so it will most likely blow over in a few days when a fresh witch is brought before Goody Benson.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Jonathan wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Afraid he will be, in the next couple of hours now. He's blatantly fishing for a ban now.
He's asking them if they would like to do something useful. That won't go down well.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jonathan wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Oh dear, I hope AtheismTV doesn't get banned from A+ before I make my triumphant return as an anchor on The Infidel in early June. I would be heartbroken if Setar, Ceepolk and the others couldn't watch from a safe place.
That's a blatant case of attempted suicide-by-mod.

windy

Post by windy »

Southern wrote:On topic of Atheism+ and triggering about stupid shit, someone should show them this book: How to Read Donald Duck. Then they will never be able to watch Duck Tales again.
As an example, the book considers the lack of descendants of the characters. Everybody has an uncle or nephew, everybody is a cousin of someone, but nobody has fathers or sons. The only mother shown on a regular basis is Beagle Boys's mother, who lives outside the law and who almost never shows affection to her offspring. This non-parental reality creates horizontal levels in society, where there is no hierarchic order, except the one given by the amount of money and wealth possessed by each, and where there is almost no solidarity among those of the same level, creating a situation where the only thing left is crude competition.

OMG, that's exactly what I discussed in my pseudobiological dissertation! If I had known of this previous work back then, I could have done the cultural-imperialism angle in addition to the genetics...

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

windy wrote:
Southern wrote:On topic of Atheism+ and triggering about stupid shit, someone should show them this book: How to Read Donald Duck. Then they will never be able to watch Duck Tales again.
As an example, the book considers the lack of descendants of the characters. Everybody has an uncle or nephew, everybody is a cousin of someone, but nobody has fathers or sons. The only mother shown on a regular basis is Beagle Boys's mother, who lives outside the law and who almost never shows affection to her offspring. This non-parental reality creates horizontal levels in society, where there is no hierarchic order, except the one given by the amount of money and wealth possessed by each, and where there is almost no solidarity among those of the same level, creating a situation where the only thing left is crude competition.

OMG, that's exactly what I discussed in my pseudobiological dissertation! If I had known of this previous work back then, I could have done the cultural-imperialism angle in addition to the genetics...
And none of them wear pants.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

PZ Myers wrote:2. My grand plan requires an expansion of my fish colony to include multiple genetic strains, so we’re going to be scrubbing tanks, sterilizing surfaces, setting up new tanks with boring feeder fish to get the nitrogen cycle going and condition the water, getting the brine shrimp hatchery (live fish food!) thriving, all that sort of stuff that qualifies you to be a clerk in a pet store.

3. Once all the tanks are bubbling away happily, we’re getting some new strains from the zebrafish stock center. Then it’s a few months of nursing them along, collecting eggs, propagating new generations and raising them to adulthood to get the whole colony self-sustaining, and to prepare for crosses to produce hybrid strains. After all this, my student will be well-trained to be a hobbyist aquarist.

4. Concurrently, we’ll be doing some real science on the embryos we get, analyzing their behavior quantitatively to identify consistent differences between strains, and also in response to different environmental stresses.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... my-summer/

http://i.imgur.com/Hr7hWQP.jpg

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tigzy wrote:
AtheismTV: "Here's a video of Ophelia at a conference. Enjoy!"
A+ arse nuggets: "Hey, you didn't post a link to a transcripts. We keep telling you you should but you don't listen!"
AtheismTV: "Sorry, but I'm busy. I do what I can - you know, it'd be easier if I had some volunteers to help me on this."
A+ arse nuggets: "Fuck of, you ableist scum. Didn't you read the rules? You have to post links to transcripts of vids, otherwise you're a nazi."
AtheismTV: "It's not in the rules."
A+ arse nuggest: "Yes it fuckin is!"
AtheismTV posts a link to the rules. There's no rule about providing links to transcripts.
A+ arse nuggets: "Erm...well...we've just put the rule in now. No thanks to your rule lawyering! You should have just listened to us the first place!"
AtheismTV: "Yeah, uh...anyways, it'd be a lot easier to get transcripts if I had some volunteers to help me."
A+ arse nuggets: "We can't help you cos we're disabled! Fuck off. Fuck off now!"
https://a-plus-scribe.com/lib/exe/fetch ... scribe.jpg
...by able-bodied people only - cos frankly, those disableds are only good for circuses, aren't they.
ON A RANDOM FORUM OVER THE INTERNET: "TITS OR GTFO!"
ON A+ FORUM: "TRANSCRIPTS OR GTFO!"

Progress, I guess...?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

karlaporter wrote: Through my premium account, I know who views my profile, and see there has been an unusually large spike in profile views.
Prediction: "Karla is stalking the people who view her LinkedIn page".

You heard it here first.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Metalogic42 wrote:
karlaporter wrote: Through my premium account, I know who views my profile, and see there has been an unusually large spike in profile views.
Prediction: "Karla is stalking the people who view her LinkedIn page".

You heard it here first.
There's been a spike in profile views for the simple reason that Hyperdeath put the link to it on the Pharyngula thread to encourage people to target her in real life.

Karla... Shirley Phelps-Roper... Ophelia.
Typical!
All about the menz!

Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

If you put information on the public internet you can't get all uptight if people find it.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Wonky Donkey wrote:If you put information on the public internet you can't get all uptight if people find it.
You go and tell Ophelia and Melody about that.

On a second thought, you DON'T go and tell them that, or you will be charged with mysoginy and harassment and genocide. And rape, specially rape.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Jens twatter--
I really can't get myself worked up about Sylvia brown lying to her mom, because I think being enslaved and raped is kinda worse, skeptics
I'm sorry, enslaved and raped for TEN YEARS. What Sylvia Brown did was disposable but that's really what you choose to be most offended by?
I'm going back into my cave of I Hate Everyone, Especially Skeptics. Goodbye
Hmm-- Getting mad at skeptics for focusing on a trivial event when Big Shit is going down? Hmmm...
Dear Amanda Berry

Stop whining, will you. Yes, yes, I know you were kidnapped, and … yawn … dont tell me yet again, I know you were chained in a basement, and you were enslaved and raped for 10 years, and you had a baby by yourself in your imprisonment by your rapist all by yourself. But stop whining, will you. Think of the suffering your poor Skeptic sisters have to put up with.

Only this week I heard of one, she calls herself 'psychic', and do you know what she did? She told your mom you were dead. I am not exaggerating. She really did. She said you were dead on a TV show. Of course your mom believed her, and of course the psychic had no clue, but even so …

And you, Amanda, think you have something to complain about! For goodness sake grow up, or at least grow a thicker skin.

Jen
See, its funny when Jen does it. DERP!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Gefan wrote:
That was my impression from my limited time at Derby. There's no Derby in Malta apparently, and I miss it :(

Expanding on that, my "nom de internet" is a contraction of Gro Espeseth fan. Gro is a (now retired) Norwegian soccer player. She was the most dominant defender I ever saw play the game, male or female, in nearly 40 years of watching. At eighteen she battled the fearsome and much bigger Michelle Akers in a the first Women's World Cup final.
At twenty two, in place of the suspended Heidi Stoere, she captained Norway to the World Cup title in the greatest single game display I've ever seen from a player at her position.
She once missed a friend's wedding because she had to train. Not play, train.
Her last competitive game saw her playing with a broken hand. During the game she collided with her own goalkeeper and busted open her own head.
Taken to the sidelines with blood streaming down her face, she refused to be taken out of the game, yelling at her coach; "I have a duty to my team-mates. Pain is not an issue". She was bandaged up on the sidelines and went back on to complete the game. She received ten stitches only after the final whistle.
I got to see her play live once. She spent the usual 90 minutes giving and expecting no quarter and then went over to a bunch of fans who were waving Norwegian flags and smiled and chatted, shook hands, signed autographs, and posed for pictures.
In case you haven't guessed, Gro's a hero of mine.

Gro Espeseth is a warrior, not the clowns engaging in endless collective pants-shitting on the baboon boards.

The SJWs can act how they want - I just will not be browbeaten into respecting overgrown children and I'll stick to associating with women I respect.
http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderi ... 21_269.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

ERV wrote:Jens twatter--
I really can't get myself worked up about Sylvia brown lying to her mom, because I think being enslaved and raped is kinda worse, skeptics
I'm sorry, enslaved and raped for TEN YEARS. What Sylvia Brown did was disposable but that's really what you choose to be most offended by?
I'm going back into my cave of I Hate Everyone, Especially Skeptics. Goodbye
Hmm-- Getting mad at skeptics for focusing on a trivial event when Big Shit is going down? Hmmm...
Dear Amanda Berry

Stop whining, will you. Yes, yes, I know you were kidnapped, and … yawn … dont tell me yet again, I know you were chained in a basement, and you were enslaved and raped for 10 years, and you had a baby by yourself in your imprisonment by your rapist all by yourself. But stop whining, will you. Think of the suffering your poor Skeptic sisters have to put up with.

Only this week I heard of one, she calls herself 'psychic', and do you know what she did? She told your mom you were dead. I am not exaggerating. She really did. She said you were dead on a TV show. Of course your mom believed her, and of course the psychic had no clue, but even so …

And you, Amanda, think you have something to complain about! For goodness sake grow up, or at least grow a thicker skin.

Jen
See, its funny when Jen does it. DERP!

http://i.imgur.com/wnh4Xuf.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
karlaporter wrote: Who really created all the drama? Me, or the person who decided to create a dramatic blog post about it well after it was a non-event and the army of adoring paranoid singular-thinking sheeple who lap up every drop of drivel and provide positive reinforcement through their stadium mentality?
It was a joint effort. Don't let them take all the glory!

I doubt that anyone here thinks you sicc-ed a pack of dangerous nutcases on the WISC2.
I'm only disappointed that you've naively handed Ophelia another piece of professional victim fodder.
You and the boy wonder have been teasing her for months, to what end I don't know, but the effect is that she's now desperate to throw everything up against the wall and wail at what sticks. Ophelia used to write books about skepticism and religion. Now she wails victimhood and harrassment on the internet and she needs to constantly feed this narrative with fresh meat, which you've kindly provided.
You were teasing the clowns at WBC and didn't expect them to turn up?
Let me give you some free media advice Karla - you should have made it clearer - especially when the story broke. And Vacula only made things worse with his silly post about being friends with the WBC.
So the FTB crowd are now targeting you in real life?
It comes as no surprise to us here - there are some really fucked up individuals over there who have zero sense of proportion. They will read this situation as you sending a hate group to the WISC2 - which equates to potential violent attacks on their team. And if you are violently attacking them then it is appropriate to target you in a proportional manner - most likely through fucking up your work environment, stupid petitions etc (you will be aware of how they targeted Vacula.)
Luckily they are pretty inept at these things so it will most likely blow over in a few days when a fresh witch is brought before Goody Benson.
It is surely time to stop worrying about Ophelia's dementia inspired ravings. Playing the strategy game means getting mired in Peeze and co's playground politics. They will always find some other excuse not to engage you and any sensible person is going to ask what harm Karla actually did. Brush of the inconsequential and focus on the lunacy of their core arguments. Don't let the loons get you walking on eggshells.
All that said, horseface barbs are intended to wound. That's not about appearance, that's about being nasty.

I must admit to bemusement at the rush to judge Karla based on assumptions. On it's face, that tweet can be read as much as a dig at Phelps as shit-stirring. Something along the lines of saying "Will we see you at synangogue this Saturday?" to Adolf.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

In Greta's latest post, she contravenes all of the good advice from her previous article about infighting.

Some serious us-vs-them in that one.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Greta,

I cannot reply on your blog, but for what it's worth, I don't want to be in unity with atheists who accuse skeptic leaders of covering up sex crimes, based entirely on unsubstantiated rumours, and then refuse to retract or apologise. Good day!

Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

Southern wrote:
Wonky Donkey wrote:If you put information on the public internet you can't get all uptight if people find it.
You go and tell Ophelia and Melody about that.

On a second thought, you DON'T go and tell them that, or you will be charged with mysoginy and harassment and genocide. And rape, specially rape.
Its still true whomever, the problem is how people then intend to use it. Motivation is all.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
Don't worry, there's plenty of us still here who are more than willing to lower the tone.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 5DgEUnpATA
I have no response I just wanted to show that picture again. I think it should be the Pit's symbol.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jonathan wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Submariner wrote:
Do they have any clue how this is coming across to any impartial observer? They are sticking the knife in again and again to a guy who posted a link to a video about atheism. That was his crime.

Fucking LOL at Flewellyn saying "we don't tone police here".
It's tone police HQ! All calls to the tone police terminate at the A+ forum.
Bunch of trolls having our eyes out yet again.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Oh dear, I hope AtheismTV doesn't get banned from A+ before I make my triumphant return as an anchor on The Infidel in early June. I would be heartbroken if Setar, Ceepolk and the others couldn't watch from a safe place.
Only on the A+ forum it is. Anywhere else in the world it's considered a polite request.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

sacha wrote:
Gefan wrote:
That was my impression from my limited time at Derby. There's no Derby in Malta apparently, and I miss it :(

Expanding on that, my "nom de internet" is a contraction of Gro Espeseth fan. Gro is a (now retired) Norwegian soccer player. She was the most dominant defender I ever saw play the game, male or female, in nearly 40 years of watching. At eighteen she battled the fearsome and much bigger Michelle Akers in a the first Women's World Cup final.
At twenty two, in place of the suspended Heidi Stoere, she captained Norway to the World Cup title in the greatest single game display I've ever seen from a player at her position.
She once missed a friend's wedding because she had to train. Not play, train.
Her last competitive game saw her playing with a broken hand. During the game she collided with her own goalkeeper and busted open her own head.
Taken to the sidelines with blood streaming down her face, she refused to be taken out of the game, yelling at her coach; "I have a duty to my team-mates. Pain is not an issue". She was bandaged up on the sidelines and went back on to complete the game. She received ten stitches only after the final whistle.
I got to see her play live once. She spent the usual 90 minutes giving and expecting no quarter and then went over to a bunch of fans who were waving Norwegian flags and smiled and chatted, shook hands, signed autographs, and posed for pictures.
In case you haven't guessed, Gro's a hero of mine.

Gro Espeseth is a warrior, not the clowns engaging in endless collective pants-shitting on the baboon boards.

The SJWs can act how they want - I just will not be browbeaten into respecting overgrown children and I'll stick to associating with women I respect.
http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderi ... 21_269.jpg
Sacha, you almost touch my black and twisted heart with that photo.
It's the exact one that forms the back-drop to my YouTube channel.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I didn't want to do this, but it's time to doxx some people here. Picture of the weekly meeting of the Slymepit "Splinter Group" while they plan a terroristic action on WiS2, codenamed Elevatorgate Deux. "You wait here, and I bring the coffee down"

http://i.imgur.com/0eXRxjj.jpg

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Aneris wrote: I didn't want to do this, but it's time to doxx some people here. Picture of the weekly meeting of the Slymepit "Splinter Group" while they plan a terroristic action on WiS2, codenamed Elevatorgate Deux. "You wait here, and I bring the coffee down"

Shit. You just outed Bill Dembski as a Slymepitter.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ophelia is often described as a great writer - by her fans. I've never seen it myself. Even when I was a regular reader there I don't recall ever seeing something that made me think "I wish I wrote that", or that seemed a brilliant piece of thinking.
She has a piece today that just seems like bad writing.
And that is being charitable - otherwise how would you describe this piece. She can't mean that men in general want to do this but that isn't at all clear from the piece.

http://i.imgur.com/Xberw2y.jpg

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

i dont have any twitter in this, but if someone wants to reply to chris

"Repugnant. Ancient, sarcastic non-event now flogged for ad hits by egoists, and perpetuated by the only people siccing WBC on conference."

can you also make a link that refers back to his own twittering?

now if youll excuse me capitalization makes me sleepy

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Gefan wrote:
Shit. You just outed Bill Dembski as a Slymepitter.
Nay, the sweaters fit too well. Reminder:

http://sciencenotes.files.wordpress.com ... wetter.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Splinter goup member?

http://www.splinter-band.co.uk/

http://www.splinter-band.co.uk/images/splinterhome.jpg

Apparently they are available for wedding receptions, functions and birthday parties.
And WISC2.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Only on the A+ forum it is. Anywhere else in the world it's considered a polite request.
And it keeps getting better and better http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=2176

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
And it keeps getting better and better http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... start=2176
Got to love it. We're not removing your warnings, even though they were for rule violations that you didn't commit because the rule wasn't there...

But why....

REASONS! Just shut up and accept it!

JAB

Post by JAB »

Aneris wrote: I didn't want to do this, but it's time to doxx some people here. Picture of the weekly meeting of the Slymepit "Splinter Group" while they plan a terroristic action on WiS2, codenamed Elevatorgate Deux. "You wait here, and I bring the coffee down"

I think it should be noted that the tweet in question happened in January, and Karla didn't join the pit until February. Now that she's joined and been enveloped in all the puppies and hugs and smiles and "fuck offs" here, I'm sure she wouldn't make such a tweet again.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/pub/libs/images/usr/7690.jpg

I think that sums it up fairly well.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jonathan wrote:Saying that you want to help disabled people is ableist.

Some people really are pathetic.
Well, I guess that pretty much wraps it up for A+ Scribe, then.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Jonathan wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Got to love it. We're not removing your warnings, even though they were for rule violations that you didn't commit because the rule wasn't there...

But why....

REASONS! Just shut up and accept it!
AtheismTV has a lot of patience, I would have taken my videos and gone away a long time ago. At least they have the guts to defend themselves, instead of rolling over and showing their belly like many others have done before.

My favorite part of the thread has to be this one:
SubMor wrote:
AtheismTV wrote: The fact is I took every single step I COULD to make my videos accessible. <Edit: which, by the way, many of them DO have a transcription>
Congratulations on refuting your own claim. "I took every single step" but only "many" have transcripts? No, you didn't take every single step you could; you took every single step that you felt was convenient, and your responses here suggest that wasn't very many steps at all. But I am glad that you're working on getting transcripts
In a blatant but not surprising show of dishonesty, SubMor initially takes away the "I could" part of the quote. It makes perfect sense that "many" videos have transcripts because A.Tv couldn't transcribe all of them, hence the "every single step I could". And then SubMor tries to say that ATv was able to take other steps but chose not to, because it wasn't convenient.

And all that because this guy/girl wanted to be helpful and share a fucking video with people they thought would appreciate it.
I'm thinking that all the A+ members live inside a mental hospital or some sort of compound, because there is no fucking way people like this can function in the real world.