Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
jimthepleb

Re: Mr Ed Made Me Do It

Post by jimthepleb »

Michael K Gray wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:...If I spend just a weekend working with horses...
Bugger cats, or dogs.
If you have an affinity with equines, then you are OK with me, for what that is worth.
Equines are ok, but bovines are where the real work gets done.

Philip of Tealand

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Philip of Tealand »

I don't think Professor Hall should have done what she did

Surly Amy needs to learn to grow up and this is not the right way of going about it

Crying over a bloody T Shirt for Zark's sake - is that normal?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

ERV wrote:
justinvacula wrote:PZ's 'I do not think of Abbie' sthick sound eerily familiar to Rebecca Watson saying she does not think of Harriet Hall...and we know in both cases this is false. PZ frequently speaks about the pit and reads his commentariats' posts about it. The pit is no doubt linked to Abbie (in his head) . SN - Where is that optical illusion video :)
It sounds like a belabored way to say he really wants to meet Sponge Bob Square Pants.
:character-spongebobdance: :character-spongebobdance: :character-spongebobdance: :character-spongebobdance: :character-spongebobdance: :character-spongebobdance:
Nah, he wants to meet Sandy Cheeks.

http://i.imgur.com/MZuzB9a.jpg

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Tigzy wrote:
Apples wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Is there a name for what is wrong with Oolong?
I think it's called "being a ridiculous, dishonest, comically sycophantic piece of shit" syndrome.
No, with Ooley, it's pretty simple - he thinks that he should work towards allowing minority and marginalised people to have voices in any community or institution they wish.

Except when the community in question happens to be his very white, very middle-class village, and the institution is his very white, very middle-class tennis club. Then he does pretty much fuck all about it.

There's a word for that. MKG probably knows what it is.
NIMBY-ism.

windy

Post by windy »

Gumby wrote: "Hey, that's not my stuff! I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!"
"Look, man, there's nothing in here that you could put weed into!"

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Patrick wrote:
decius wrote:Some real hooters at Novella's.
# erikthebassiston 26 Feb 2013 at 2:11 am
. . .
You want a cease fire…. Call a cease fire, no more bashing of RW, no more bashing of Skepchick or FTB, admit that feminism is a voice that will be heard, acknowledge that women are people, and should be treated as equals at secular events.
. . .
Nothing about admitting that you've stopped beating your wife?

I only follow the manufactroversy intermittently, but I haven't seen anyone other than those on FTB/A+/Skepchick suggesting that women be treated as anything other than equals at secular events (nor have I heard anyone suggesting that feminists should be censored, again except at FTB/A+/Skepchick). These kinds of sleazy, dishonest rhetorical tactics are why I stopped reading Pharyngula.
Really, they should be satisfied with the agreement that "women are people, and that they should be treated as equals at secular events." Because that is originally what they claimed was all that they were fighting for. But they can't stop there, because that is what everyone - Slymepitters and FTB/Watsonistas - already agree on. We ALL agree that women are people, and equals. So they have to add in the "total capitulation" elements:

Yes, we all know that "feminism is a voice that will be heard". But what ericthebassiston leaves out is the fact that there are many flavors of feminism out there, and not everyone subscribes to the A+/FTB/Skepchick gender feminism variety. What these people really want is complete and utter surrender to their feminism, with no disagreement, questioning, skepticism or debate. And since disagreement, questioning and skepticism of their ideology are considered "attacks" on Watson/FTB et. al., nothing short of complete capitulation and assimilation into the femBorg collective will suffice for these loons. Fuck that into the ground. Ain't gonna happen.

franc

Post by franc »

Oooooolon/Chester, the urinal mint licker, has finally blocked me -

http://i.imgur.com/gLCV06u.png

I wonder if Chester knows he's snatched a Subgenius icon. I doubt it. As much as Subgenius gets up my nose, I doubt even they would have him.

This Chester clip never gets old -
[youtube]UVNHcob3oJg[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

windy wrote:
Gumby wrote: "Hey, that's not my stuff! I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!"
"Look, man, there's nothing in here that you could put weed into!"
Haha. I'm not too keen on SNL but that was pretty funny.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-480938
If I could afford to go to WiS2 and wanted to do other things than talk to Justin Vacula, I’d make a button saying “Something seems awry.” It’s from one of Vacula’s comments in his blog post “Microaggressions atheists experience” that he’s rarely angry with microaggressions because in his definition, “Skepticism is not defensiveness, but rather a questioning attitude someone has when something seems awry.”
Fascinating.
Why is it always libertarians at the heart of our problems with privilege? And why are we still tolerating libertarians if they’re seemingly the reason why the skeptical movement is uncomfortable for people who aren’t rich white cis guys?
I suppose all of those middle-class white cis guys are so uncomfortable...?

Philip of Tealand

franc wrote:Oooooolon/Chester, the urinal mint licker, has finally blocked me -

I wonder if Chester knows he's snatched a Subgenius icon. I doubt it. As much as Subgenius gets up my nose, I doubt even they would have him.

He is currently attempting to get me to say sweary words to him by provoking me, silly boy he really is

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Philip of Tealand wrote:I don't think Professor Hall should have done what she did

Surly Amy needs to learn to grow up and this is not the right way of going about it

Crying over a bloody T Shirt for Zark's sake - is that normal?
Crying about it almost a year later: definitely not normal.

Altair

Post by Altair »

AndrewV69 wrote:
LMU wrote:
Right... so it's okay to call someone a sexist epithet as long as you're making fun of them?
Well, I have never said so before but yes. It does sound like a joke to me. The kind of joke I would make myself actually.

So if she says it was supposed to be a joke then I believe her.
I have no problem with it being a joke, it actually kind of works as irony. But I find it hypocritical how they now come out and tell us that using sexist words and epithets is wrong even if it´s comedy (i.e. a joke) but didn´t say anything before when one of their own used "prick" in an attempt at comedy.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ellenbeth complains about photoshops now.
Strange...
She wasn't always against them...

http://i.imgur.com/kZ5juMk.jpg

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
franc wrote:Oooooolon/Chester, the urinal mint licker, has finally blocked me -

He is currently attempting to get me to say sweary words to him by provoking me, silly boy he really is
Bless him, he's so precious.

franc

Post by franc »

Philip of Tealand wrote:He is currently attempting to get me to say sweary words to him by provoking me, silly boy he really is
Just call him a cunt. And call his mom a cunt for not breastfeeding him once he reached high school. And the cunt also gave his blankey to the red cross as well. A lifetime of trauma. Needy, needy little maggot. A shrink could retire on him.

Worthlessness, thy name is ool0n. YAPYAPYAP

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:
Apples wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Is there a name for what is wrong with Oolong?
I think it's called "being a ridiculous, dishonest, comically sycophantic piece of shit" syndrome.
No, with Ooley, it's pretty simple - he thinks that he should work towards allowing minority and marginalised people to have voices in any community or institution they wish.

Except when the community in question happens to be his very white, very middle-class village, and the institution is his very white, very middle-class tennis club. Then he does pretty much fuck all about it.

There's a word for that. MKG probably knows what it is.
oolon deserves a prize for all the hard work he's been doing with his twitter blocking and FTB ass-kissing.

And I think I know just the person to deliver it.

http://i.imgur.com/PkOYn9D.jpg

Altair

Post by Altair »

rayshul wrote:While I don't mean to be weird about this, EBW seems (from her twitter comments) to be a little odd and I wonder if it's best to stay very far away from her. I feel like the best reaction to her comments is "yes dear".
While backing away very slowly without sudden movements. You're totally right about that
Belligerent Atheist ‏@BelligerentLord

accord'n to @EllenBethWachs I'm "one of those inflammatory jackwads... posts pictures of abused women and says women deserve to get beaten"
Abrir

9 min EllenBeth Wachs EllenBeth Wachs ‏@EllenBethWachs

@BelligerentLord tracking me down on twitter just kinda proves you are a "belligerent atheist"
Tracking her down on twitter? It seems they have some trouble separating online and offline situations. Maybe that's why they think that being called nasty things on internet is the same things as rape.

Philip of Tealand

franc wrote:
Philip of Tealand wrote:He is currently attempting to get me to say sweary words to him by provoking me, silly boy he really is
Just call him a cunt. And call his mom a cunt for not breastfeeding him once he reached high school. And the cunt also gave his blankey to the red cross as well. A lifetime of trauma. Needy, needy little maggot. A shrink could retire on him.

I'm honoured he even got Wowbagger involved too, I got told off for bringing up the die in a fire thing

Bad Philip

Hehehehehe

franc

Post by franc »

And ool0n, you worthless piece of shit, I know you're reading, this is not a prod, it is a suggestion -

[youtube]xIIqYqtR1lY[/youtube]

Make everyone happy.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dang, Ellenbeth is just a goldmine of stupid. Justin tweets about her posting the Daily Mail article claiming that internet abuse of women "is just as oppressive as rape" and asking if EllenBeth believes it .... and she retweets it, saying, "You THAT stupid?" So..... EllenBeth ... are you saying you posted the article because you disagree with it? Or are you just a spastic crazy woman who makes no sense.

http://i.imgur.com/Zvu5buA.jpg

noblehawk2

Post by noblehawk2 »

A comment from http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... eace-nsfw/
Capture.JPG
(20.21 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Nobody told me you lot were nasty before i joined. I feel frightened now :roll:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
franc wrote:

I'm honoured he even got Wowbagger involved too, I got told off for bringing up the die in a fire thing

Bad Philip

Hehehehehe
His standard freak-out reaction when reminded about his 'die in a fire' remark is so filled with hate and venom that he leaves no doubt whatsoever for any reader that he's the type of person that would both say this sort of thing, and mean it.

LadyChillax

Post by LadyChillax »

Apples wrote:Or are you just a spastic crazy woman who makes no sense.
DING! DING! DING!

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

noblehawk2 wrote:A comment from http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... eace-nsfw/
Capture.JPG
Nobody told me you lot were nasty before i joined. I feel frightened now :roll:
Boo!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

franc wrote:

And remind him that his mom's abortion doctor still calls him his "biggest mistake". :rimshot:

If I don't get on blockbot with that, I don't know what will.

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And remind him that his mom's abortion doctor still calls him his "biggest mistake". :rimshot:

"There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza dear Liza..."

ool0n crawled out of it.

Apples

tech geniuses

Post by Apples »

Tuvok, looks like the blockbot watch count starts over at zero:

http://i.imgur.com/rYAlswt.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Philip of Tealand wrote: I'm honoured he even got Wowbagger involved too, I got told off for bringing up the die in a fire thing

Bad Philip

Hehehehehe
Wowbagger is never going to be able to forget "Die in a fire". The internet won't let him.

http://i.imgur.com/tjDQLsV.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The Slyme Pit Block Bot Watch.

28 Followers (after being "endorsed" by Atheism+, the Bot has actually LOST one follower)

The Slyme Pit Block Bot Watch. Charting the phenomenal popularity of Oolon's Block Bot so you don't have to!!!

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Apples wrote:
oolon wrote:Wow Justin Vaculas comment giving “advice” on how to avoid harassment campaigns is rather inappropriate… Comes across as shut up or I’ll carry on punching you in the face (Or in his case – his mates will carry on punching you in the face). Really shows how clueless he is at times. Let me give it a go …

Justin when you hang out at the Slymepit which is dedicated to finding the least charitable interpretation of anything and everything said by Skepchicks/FtBers and anyone on the periphery you are not in a position to give advice. Especially when that forum creates “disagreement” along the lines of this without so much as a whimper of complaint from you.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... eace-nsfw/

That’s not even the worst of it… The “skeptics” at the Slymepit have recently targeted Ellen Beth Wachs, cheered on by the queen of the forum ERV of scienceblogs, to side with the fundamentalist Christian Sheriff and his allegations against her designed to smear and undermine her secular activism. Here is James Randi’s opinion of Ellen ->
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swi ... ivist.html
Here is ERV encouraging her internet mob to “carry on trolling” Ellen, by trolling she means continue spreading the Sheriffs false allegations against her.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3567_n.jpg

That is still not the worst of it…. Really! Avicenna is a new blogger on FtBs, who has the great minds at the Slymepit trying to deny him his massive £1 income a day from blogging. But even more worryingly the great “freethinkers” over there have been supporting and encouraging a particularly nasty MRA who engages in some pretty nasty rape apologia over the recent Indian rape cases. Big cheer for “freethought” there!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... n-atheism/

So Steven Novella will find some push back for his call for both sides to be more charitable. I agree with him there is a continuum of criticisms the Slymepit etc pick up on … But when the “reasonable” people criticising, like Justin Vacula, hang out with a group of despicable bullies and say nothing why should anyone listen to them?
Looks like I made Col0n's quote linky thingy. Too bad I don't have a twitter in my nym...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: tech geniuses

Post by Tigzy »

Apples wrote:Tuvok, looks like the blockbot watch count starts over at zero:

http://i.imgur.com/rYAlswt.jpg
Hmmm...and will that lead to people renewing their blocks, leading to another round of twitter suspensions?

I'm sure we'll find out...

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

franc wrote:For those not queasy enough -
csi_hall.png
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images ... artoon.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ROFLMAO! Sometimes Melody Hensley is the "gift that keeps on giving":
melodyhensley.JPG
(35.92 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
welch wrote:Again. Actual harm. Not just a lot of nutters screaming. I see little difference between all the harm THEY supposedly do and all the harm YOU supposedly do.
I would be interested in seeing what your definition of "actual harm" is.
welch wrote: It's all just a bunch of squabs, screaming for treats and shitting themselves. When you can point me at actual harm justifying the level of fear you so desperately want us all to feel, you just let me know. I'm more worried about the neighbor's chihuahua at the moment.
You want me to take responsibility for your issues?
Religious defenders ask, "what's the harm?" too.

Anyway regarding feminsim here's a little story of public schools, Town Halls, captive audiences, and my daughters.

So one of my daughters was in chorus for the local elementary school. There was this Saturday event at the Town Hall in which the school asked for the chorus to sing at. It was a gig, basically. Anyway this gig was a feminist indocrination seminar. They were talking about how better girls are in school. How they are so much better than boys. How boys are violent and men are dangerous criminals. Etc. (I kept the handout). Anyway when my wife tried to leave, they wouldn't let her. Finally after the second hour of the nonsense my wife just left. "I'm taking my daughter and we are leaving! Now!". And that was that. I wasn't there but I I was told the story and my daughter was telling me about how she felt bad for the boys that were there...you know the boys that were in chorus and literally tricked into going to a Town sponsored and paid for feminist event.

So what was supposed to be a short song sang for the school principal became a 3 hour ordeal in a feminist indocrination seminar.

Anyway a few weeks went by and my daughter received a plaque for her singing there. Like a "thanks for coming!" thing. It read, "thanks for signing for [insert pirincipals name here]. Signing...I thought that was funny. Yeah a typo but it just adds to the whole ordeal.

What's that harm? Yeah. I dunno if "harm" is the right word. But the notion that feminist have no power or only scream at empty chairs or have no impact, like a tiny dog...is false.

Anyway, I would have complained to someone about this excpet for the fact that it completey backfired (at least for me and my family). My daughter said it was like being at church....LOL feminists preaching is like being at church. Thanks ladies! Thanks Town for innoculating my daughter so completely to feminist dogma!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Submariner wrote:
Apples wrote:
oolon wrote:Wow Justin Vaculas comment giving “advice” on how to avoid harassment campaigns is rather inappropriate… Comes across as shut up or I’ll carry on punching you in the face (Or in his case – his mates will carry on punching you in the face). Really shows how clueless he is at times. Let me give it a go …

Justin when you hang out at the Slymepit which is dedicated to finding the least charitable interpretation of anything and everything said by Skepchicks/FtBers and anyone on the periphery you are not in a position to give advice. Especially when that forum creates “disagreement” along the lines of this without so much as a whimper of complaint from you.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... eace-nsfw/

That’s not even the worst of it… The “skeptics” at the Slymepit have recently targeted Ellen Beth Wachs, cheered on by the queen of the forum ERV of scienceblogs, to side with the fundamentalist Christian Sheriff and his allegations against her designed to smear and undermine her secular activism. Here is James Randi’s opinion of Ellen ->
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swi ... ivist.html
Here is ERV encouraging her internet mob to “carry on trolling” Ellen, by trolling she means continue spreading the Sheriffs false allegations against her.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3567_n.jpg

That is still not the worst of it…. Really! Avicenna is a new blogger on FtBs, who has the great minds at the Slymepit trying to deny him his massive £1 income a day from blogging. But even more worryingly the great “freethinkers” over there have been supporting and encouraging a particularly nasty MRA who engages in some pretty nasty rape apologia over the recent Indian rape cases. Big cheer for “freethought” there!
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... n-atheism/

So Steven Novella will find some push back for his call for both sides to be more charitable. I agree with him there is a continuum of criticisms the Slymepit etc pick up on … But when the “reasonable” people criticising, like Justin Vacula, hang out with a group of despicable bullies and say nothing why should anyone listen to them?
Looks like I made Col0n's quote linky thingy. Too bad I don't have a twitter in my nym...
Considering he hangs out at A+; is he really in any position to be complaining about the "despicable bullying" of others? The way posters behave towards each other there is far more bullying than anything I have ever witnessed here.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Ellenbeth complains about photoshops now.
Strange...
She wasn't always against them...

http://i.imgur.com/kZ5juMk.jpg
Wow. Another one to go into the museum - though at this rate, it's beginning to look more like Ellenbeth's padded cell.

Did she really 'shop a gay man to make it look like he had full-blown AIDS? Fuck, that's sick.

LadyChillax

Post by LadyChillax »

ReneeHendricks wrote:ROFLMAO! Sometimes Melody Hensley is the "gift that keeps on giving":
She means a "mental" stress injury, no?
Good freaking grief! ROFLMAO until I'm going to need a medic alert button.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ReneeHendricks wrote:ROFLMAO! Sometimes Melody Hensley is the "gift that keeps on giving":
melodyhensley.JPG
Wait. She has a "stress injury," due to "online harassment?"

Listen here, Tammy Duckworth, it's kind of sad that you lost two limbs when your Black-hawk helicopter crashed in Iraq in 2004, but Melody Hensley has a "stress injury" because somethings she read on the Internet "triggered" her. So, if you would just kindly sit down and keep quiet, I would appreciate that. You're kind of getting in the way of the feelings of upper-middle class white women problems. KTHANXBYE!

http://images.military.com/media/news/p ... th-600.jpg

Apples

hipsterish well off fauxgressives

Post by Apples »

Setar drops a weird/whiny post on his tumblr about how he lives in a police state. A commenter posts, "are you awake?"

Setar replies:
yes. because, unlike Real People who were either born filthy rich or were able to go into assloads of debt to get their Real Person Card (aka university degree) I was unable to cope with college and had to drop out. thus, I don’t deserve nice things like a job with reasonable and consistent hours, nor do I deserve adequate transportation. and don’t even mention the therapy and testing I need for my rampant mental issues (like whatever obsessive crap is making my brain scream about how this post is no longer perfect because I wrote it once then accidentally hit cancel and I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking of rewriting it), I should have just, um…worked harder and somehow been born to a family that wasn’t a bunch of hipsterish well off fauxgressives who heard “gifted” and immediately replaced me in their head with the kid from (pick your favourite animated show about school kids) who is all super-smart-get-straight-As-while-fostering-world-peace-and-curing-cancer-in-grade-five and bullshit like that, and thus didn’t take any of my problems seriously at all until I told them I was fucking suicidal (which is why I had to drop out of college). oh and not been bullied in a school system that was only just learning how to deal with bullying, that would have helped too probably.

what I do deserve is, apparently, free healthcare that barely covers even the bare minimum, and a couple hundred bucks a year plus a slightly inflated income tax refund. because, I have a job and I make a whole $17,000 a year, I totally don’t need assistance of any sort. in a supposedly hippy-liberal city where my $350 rent for an attic was like winning the lottery because the rent for one bedroom anything around here is usually double that. all because I was born to a shitty family

yeah. I’m mad. why aren’t you?

Philip of Tealand

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
franc wrote:

And remind him that his mom's abortion doctor still calls him his "biggest mistake". :rimshot:

Thing is, he wants me to start throwing the insults out and getting irate with him - I've called him an odious weasel who relishes in obfuscation and toadying but other than that I've been rather fluffy. If I give into his provocations I don't think I'll have as much fun

Still, there is the joy and honour of getting on the proper blockbot list

Hmmm

We shall see

LMU

Post by LMU »

Altair wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
LMU wrote:
Right... so it's okay to call someone a sexist epithet as long as you're making fun of them?
Well, I have never said so before but yes. It does sound like a joke to me. The kind of joke I would make myself actually.

So if she says it was supposed to be a joke then I believe her.
I have no problem with it being a joke, it actually kind of works as irony. But I find it hypocritical how they now come out and tell us that using sexist words and epithets is wrong even if it´s comedy (i.e. a joke) but didn´t say anything before when one of their own used "prick" in an attempt at comedy.
I actually thought it was a little funny, but invalidated the message if it was intended seriously. If someone here had said it, it would have been clear that it was comedy, but coming from OB it just looks hypocritical. So is it okay to use such things in jokes (at others expense!) as OB seems to think, or not as GC seems to think? Or is it like religious pronouncements: Thou Shalt Not Kill (except when it's okay, like if god told you to, or you're killing heathens, or when you're stoning adulterers, etc.). Thou Shalt Not Use Sexist Epithets (except when it's okay, like if you're OB making fun of people).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

melodyhensley.JPG
PERMANENT professional victimhood, here comes Melody!!!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: hipsterish well off fauxgressives

Post by Gumby »

Apples wrote:Setar drops a weird/whiny post on his tumblr about how he lives in a police state. A commenter posts, "are you awake?"

Setar replies:
yes. because, unlike Real People who were either born filthy rich or were able to go into assloads of debt to get their Real Person Card (aka university degree) I was unable to cope with college and had to drop out. thus, I don’t deserve nice things like a job with reasonable and consistent hours, nor do I deserve adequate transportation. and don’t even mention the therapy and testing I need for my rampant mental issues (like whatever obsessive crap is making my brain scream about how this post is no longer perfect because I wrote it once then accidentally hit cancel and I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking of rewriting it), I should have just, um…worked harder and somehow been born to a family that wasn’t a bunch of hipsterish well off fauxgressives who heard “gifted” and immediately replaced me in their head with the kid from (pick your favourite animated show about school kids) who is all super-smart-get-straight-As-while-fostering-world-peace-and-curing-cancer-in-grade-five and bullshit like that, and thus didn’t take any of my problems seriously at all until I told them I was fucking suicidal (which is why I had to drop out of college). oh and not been bullied in a school system that was only just learning how to deal with bullying, that would have helped too probably.

what I do deserve is, apparently, free healthcare that barely covers even the bare minimum, and a couple hundred bucks a year plus a slightly inflated income tax refund. because, I have a job and I make a whole $17,000 a year, I totally don’t need assistance of any sort. in a supposedly hippy-liberal city where my $350 rent for an attic was like winning the lottery because the rent for one bedroom anything around here is usually double that. all because I was born to a shitty family

Yeah, that sounds like the Setar who once wrote that he thinks that he has the right to sit around playing video games all day while the government should be obligated to send him big fat checks every month.

Setar is the biggest loser on the internet. That rat turd Oolon is a fucking winner by comparison.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

LadyChillax wrote:
She means a "mental" stress injury, no?
Good freaking grief! ROFLMAO until I'm going to need a medic alert button.
Sounds like Hensley is angling for government disability benefits for her nonsensical imaginary "condition".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tigzy wrote: Wow. Another one to go into the museum - though at this rate, it's beginning to look more like Ellenbeth's padded cell.

Did she really 'shop a gay man to make it look like he had full-blown AIDS? Fuck, that's sick.
Just remember, we're the bad guys. :lol:

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

melodyhensley.JPG
I googled 'stress injury' - all I got were links about RSI.

Is she saying that all the professional victim blog posts she made have fucked her wrists?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Steersman wrote:
Reap wrote:
Steersman wrote: Maybe you can point me to the particular segment in those clips where he manifests evident “disdain” particularly for all Mexicans, because I sure didn’t hear that. Maybe some bias on your part?

And I quite agree with “some guy” about the “similar socioeconomic position”. To be charitable, although I’m not sure PZ is entitled to much of that, it seems that it really only qualifies as racism if he had asserted all Mexicans were like X. That would have been stereotyping, characterizing an entire group by the attributes of a segment of it, as with sexism.
Steersman how do you walk or sit with so many fences shoved up ur arse? :D
:lol: Definitely a problem in skipping from the top of one fence to the top of another. And it does get to be a pain being pasted from both sides – “The Spy Who Came in from the Cold” and all that. But a tough job that someone has to do, although I'm happy to see people like Steven Novella and (I think) Lee Moore take up those cudgels …. :-)
I think it no bad thing we have some contrarians here. The other side could do with a few too and that is the big difference between the two groups. We do not censor and they do. As Hitchens once said the person that denies others the right to be heard is the one who suffers. They are suffering and will continue to do so until they start to relax and grasp many people have different opinions and in the absence of firm evidence all are as valid as the other.

But while they get their jollies from patronising and correcting others they will continue to be blinkered and there is no chance of a proper reconciliation.

cunt

Post by cunt »

http://i.imgur.com/PkOYn9D.jpg

Nice school, idiot.

LMU

Post by LMU »

Philip of Tealand wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
franc wrote:

Thing is, he wants me to start throwing the insults out and getting irate with him - I've called him an odious weasel who relishes in obfuscation and toadying but other than that I've been rather fluffy. If I give into his provocations I don't think I'll have as much fun

Still, there is the joy and honour of getting on the proper blockbot list

Hmmm

We shall see
You monster!

On an unrelated note, we have some marmite cookies. The ones with butterscotch in them too came out okay, the pure marmite ones are edible but don't really qualify as "cookies." Tea helps both.

Wellwishes to Renee and her partner and others living in interesting times. I hope things get better for you!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ah! They keep pushing the guilt-by-association trope, the same people who fail to "renounce" the likes of Greg Laden, PZ and Queen Bee. Further, just who is the moron leading this charge right now - James "child porn" Billingham, aka Ool0n.

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

Gumby wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Wow. Another one to go into the museum - though at this rate, it's beginning to look more like Ellenbeth's padded cell.

Just remember, we're the bad guys. :lol:
The goodness of a persons actions are irrelevant. Salvation can only be achieved by accepting PeeZus, as Harriet Hall has just done.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Found a old picture of Melody Hensley's mom.

http://www.classichorrorcampaign.com/wp ... wford.jpeg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

EdgePenguin wrote:
melodyhensley.JPG

Is she saying that all the professional victim blog posts she made have fucked her wrists?
I'm thinking that if being on the Internet causes you "stress injuries" perhaps not being on it is a solution? I know, I know. The cries of "how dare you tell me not to be on the Internet" usually follow that sort of thing. But seriously. It's like taking a hammer to your thumb again and again. If it's causing you pain, why continue to do it??

LMU

Post by LMU »

From the Novella thread ( http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde ... g-forward/ )
# erikthebassiston 26 Feb 2013 at 10:16 am

Bill Openthalt,
Odd how I have no problem at all imagining some one making the same argument during the civil rights movement.
Steven,
I would love to able to make a charitable interpretation of the other side’s demands, but I can’t fathom such a list that doesn’t include women shutting up.
Windy,
Your list reads like a straw fest. In isolation, none of these things are particularly egregious. It’s when such behavior is done with the intent of creating a hostile environment that it rises to the level of harassment and should not be tolerated if we expect to create an open and welcome environment for every one.
Why do they keep saying their opponents are trying to silence women? What can they point to that leads them to think that? I find this and the "Bitches ain't shit" trope extremely frustrating as it is extreme strawmanning. I could understand not knowing what people here want, and that it partly because there are lots of us and we don't all want the same thing, but as far as I am aware nobody thinks like that.

Eric can't fathom a list of "demands" from us that doesn't include "women shutting up". Here's one to help cure their lack of imagination: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=250 I don't claim it represents any or all of the slymepit, but it is one possible list of demands.

AnotherLurkerMkII

Re: hipsterish well off fauxgressives

Post by AnotherLurkerMkII »

Apples wrote:Setar drops a weird/whiny post on his tumblr about how he lives in a police state. A commenter posts, "are you awake?"

Setar replies:

The bolded part also explains a lot about A+theism.

LMU

Post by LMU »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
melodyhensley.JPG

I'm thinking that if being on the Internet causes you "stress injuries" perhaps not being on it is a solution? I know, I know. The cries of "how dare you tell me not to be on the Internet" usually follow that sort of thing. But seriously. It's like taking a hammer to your thumb again and again. If it's causing you pain, why continue to do it??
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Then don't do that."

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Rystefn: Still missing. Possibly busy with a lolsuit against Black and Decker.
Franc: Resurfaced.
Mykeru: Still missing. Has anyone checked Ellen Beth's basement lately?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LMU wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
melodyhensley.JPG

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Then don't do that."
Sometimes the simplest things (even when stated in comedy) are the truest. I'm thinking people like Melody are just masochists.

AnotherLurkerMkII

Post by AnotherLurkerMkII »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
melodyhensley.JPG

Funny thing is, my younger brother really gets stressed while playing DotA online, because apparently his teammates usually suck at the game or something. He shouts, and curses, and throws his hands into the air in despair and impotence while he loses a game. And I feel pretty sympathetic towards him, because my good God there are a bunch of retards playing that game.

Then again, when he gets very stressed about that, he just stops playing the game for the day, and all is well. Maybe Melodramatic Melody should do that for a change.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

AnotherLurkerMkII wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
melodyhensley.JPG

Funny thing is, my younger brother really gets stressed while playing DotA online, because apparently his teammates usually suck at the game or something. He shouts, and curses, and throws his hands into the air in despair and impotence while he loses a game. And I feel pretty sympathetic towards him, because my good God there are a bunch of retards playing that game.

Then again, when he gets very stressed about that, he just stops playing the game for the day, and all is well. Maybe Melodramatic Melody should do that for a change.
This happens to me when playing timed games. I tense up and tend to make myself physically ill. Do I continue to torture myself and my body with this? No. I fucking don't play timed games. Do I yell "why are you oppressing me from playing timed games?" No. I fucking don't play timed games. It's a pretty simple solution.