Old subthreads
another lurker

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by another lurker »

welch wrote:
another lurker wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
Altair wrote:
rayshul wrote:I'm going to sound like an idiot here... but...

I was pretty sure the reason people wore high heels was because it made them look taller.

People are more impressed by taller people and tall people are more likely to get top jobs (as far as I remember from shitty pop recruitment facts).

Therefore if a woman wears heels she gives the appearance of tallness, much like a puffer fish bloating itself to appear bigger and more threatening.
I think it also has to do with the way the leg looks longer when a woman is wearing high heels. I would guess the muscles of the calf, thigh and buttock also look more toned or something.

Some guys at Portsmouth did an experiment that suggests the stride length and hip rotation are also changed when wearing high heels.
I'm tall and long-legged and the one thing I know for sure about wearing high heels is that they make me walk like a giraffe with cerebellar ataxia.
Apparently mules, a kind of heel without a back, make a woman walk even sexier - b/c they are so damn hard to walk in!

http://i.tfcdn.com/img2/jRTglkUAY2pP52R ... */fyVMtP8A

I am also tall, 6ft in fact, and I hate heels. Flats, or 2 inch heels, are functional, yet pretty!
I'm 6'2" and NOTHING makes me feel pretty like my manolo pumps

You are such a girl you know Manolo!!!!!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

welch wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:My responses in bold:
Metalogic42 wrote:patheticness from the comments section:

"So to the Shermers and the like (I hate to pick on one individual but it is so convenient given his recent writings), please RECOGNIZE that the problems we face are from people being horrible and please work WITH US, not AGAINST us, to make it better."

Well, I'm sure Shermer would agree that that picture was inappropriate. But that's not what you've been complaining about the whole time, you equivocating son-of-a-gun!

"I can’t tell you how much I admire you. I had a long conversation last night with my boyfriend about how I wish I was braver, less sensitive, so I could do more for women’s rights. I’m just so damn scared of speaking out and being treated the way that you get treated by so many ugly souls."

Maybe it's not her speaking out on rights issues that is causing the backlash... maybe it's her spouting nonsense masquerading as rights issues and ignoring actual rights issues.

"Sitting beside my friend Mia, I nearly found myself in tears reading this post. Maybe I’m an abnormal adult white male or, perhaps, that I am blind causes me to always identify with the oppressed in a situation but, today, I feel embarrassed to be male and in this community. Sending such things to Rebecca or anyone else for that matter, is disgusting and it makes me physically nauseas."

What makes you so sure it was a male? And yes, you are abnormal. And feeling embarrassed to be male is what they are after from you to join the club.

"Like kelisabeth mentioned in her comment, I wish I could do more, but I am honestly afraid of the harassment and if my mind could take it at this point in my life."

Sigh.

Drama queens, the lot of them.

Agreed.
Where the fuck did these people grow up to be SO utterly unable to handle anything? Shit, even in candy land you sometimes lose.
Some of them have gotta be faking it ("everyone was doing it, I just wanted to be popular/get more victim cred"). If there were that many fragile people, society would have collapsed by now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BarnOwl wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Shorter Laden: Word salad, illogicality, illogicality. Flight of ideas! Word salad, word salad, illogicality.
If he's not a legacy, Harvard has no excuse for arming that man with a degree. The first time he turned in a written assignment should've doomed him.
I had to review grant proposals and manuscripts for a number of years, before I realized that a not-insignificant number of people with degrees and/or tenure from Ivy League universities churn out incoherent crap on a regular basis.
Many people are taught to do so at the Ivy League and other prestigious institutions (see PoMo).

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Metalogic42 wrote:@welch: since you seem to be knowledgeable about this stuff, would Ed Brayton's "PPV" idea mean that he wouldn't be able to ban them for trivial reasons (since they paid money and what not)?
Hey, that's a good point! Imagine the pissed off people who pay their dues and get then banhammered over their opinion of words on a T shirt or some such.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Hey Lsuoma, what exactly is the limitation on the new members? Also why bother having this if people can just post as guests?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

nippletwister wrote:Except that she said it had already been edited, and she had to piece it together from comments that quoted it. I swear I read that, please tell me if I'm wrong. And if she had to piece it together from quotes, she had to have read further. The condemnation started immediately, within a minute or so, within one or two posts. Other than skipping every post and magically picking the first one to quote it fully, even though she didn't really know what to look for, how could that happen? She had to have read further posts, just to get what she was looking for.

Yet she failed to mention any of it. I'm trying to be charitable, but it fits the usual pattern so well. Out of all the things one can find here, she finds the biggest "oopsie", and nothing else, even though she had to have seen some of it? I'll agree, I can't be 100%, completely and totally sure about what she read or didn't...but it sure smells a bit. At the very least, she was looking for ammo and found it, and pursued only that ammo, not doing any kind of real investigation.
Point. Game. Set. Match.

I concede.

(selective memory. I should have checked)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:Hey Lsuoma, what exactly is the limitation on the new members? Also why bother having this if people can just post as guests?
I was just playing around. The restrictions are minor. In fact displaying them as being in the "Restricted" group was wrong - I just had the colours set the same for the two groups and wasn't displaying the legend correctly.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote:Yeah, you not Rayshul.

I thought as much. That right there, is why the Mens Rights people won't be listened to no matter how good their arguments are.
lmao! You Cunt!

lol.
True though isn't it. Humanitarian movements with a hit-list, you can count them on one single digit.
If it is any consolation, some MRAs also have an issue with it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

A blogger that I admire just wrote this:
Well, my work was only in compiling the awesomeness of the commentariat at Pharyngula, they have a strong community their that are not afraid to share their thoughts and arguments on important issues. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and leave a comment. :)
The poor, deluded soul.

/vomit

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

d4m10n wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
I'm tall and long-legged and the one thing I know for sure about wearing high heels is that they make me walk like a giraffe with cerebellar ataxia.
Vids or it didn't happen.
It was funniest when I drove a Jeep Wrangler and had to get out of it while wearing a short skirt and heels.

On the best of days, wearing jeans and hiking boots, or running shoes and shorts, or similar sensible attire, I could still manage to trip getting into the Jeep, or fall getting out of it. I was not disappointed to discover that it was kind of a guy magnet, however.

Also a "pop my doors and try to steal me" magnet, unfortunately.

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote: If it is any consolation, some MRAs also have an issue with it.
I dunno why it'd be any consolation... Its your movement, not mine.

LMU

Post by LMU »

d4m10n wrote: To be clear, I'm never going to argue that 'ugly' speech (short of illegality or liability risk) should be disallowed. It should be allowed, of course, but I'm arguing in favor of voluntarily elevating our signal-to-noise ratio. Take the Zvandenburg as an example. It was certainly worth a laugh, at least for some people, but was it worth it? It makes us into petty haters. Contrast it with this video, which is vastly more funny, but also makes a number of cogent points against an irrational insurgent movement. We should be allowed to do both satirical takedowns and senseless shit-flinging, but we shouldn't pretend that the latter is an achievement comparable with the former.
Okay good points. I think raising the discourse at the 'pit might be done by setting an example and getting people interested. I realize that's vague and not very helpful, but if it were easy you would've done it already. I don't think shaming people into it would work, it would be seen as an attempt at coercion.

About the Zvandenburg and is it worth making us petty haters, I don't think it does make us petty haters. If someone makes a picture comparing the Pope to Emperor Palpatine, does that mean they are a hater? Compare that with nailing a cracker or drawing Mohammed. You might say that the point is stronger (someone having an inflated ego vs the irrationality of relgion) but in both cases no one has the right to not be offended. You could say that we should refrain from taking the cheap shots, but there are enough people here that eventually those shots will be taken. We're like water flowing to fill all the cracks. Or slyme. Sorry if that didn't make sense, it's late here and I should be off. Goodnight all!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I have committed virtual murder and my conscience tells me to confess.
A few weeks ago I eliminated the poster known as skepCHUD.

Good night dear soul you were too beautiful for this world!
Attachments
skepCHUD.jpg
(706.75 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

AndrewV69 wrote:
nippletwister wrote:Except that she said it had already been edited, and she had to piece it together from comments that quoted it. I swear I read that, please tell me if I'm wrong. And if she had to piece it together from quotes, she had to have read further. The condemnation started immediately, within a minute or so, within one or two posts. Other than skipping every post and magically picking the first one to quote it fully, even though she didn't really know what to look for, how could that happen? She had to have read further posts, just to get what she was looking for.

Yet she failed to mention any of it. I'm trying to be charitable, but it fits the usual pattern so well. Out of all the things one can find here, she finds the biggest "oopsie", and nothing else, even though she had to have seen some of it? I'll agree, I can't be 100%, completely and totally sure about what she read or didn't...but it sure smells a bit. At the very least, she was looking for ammo and found it, and pursued only that ammo, not doing any kind of real investigation.
Point. Game. Set. Match.

I concede.

(selective memory. I should have checked)
Hey, I'm not playing for points. Your attitude on fair play and charitable assumptions does you credit. I try to do the same.

I think it even looked like she was trying to look like she was being charitable and reasonable, but the story just didn't add up to the reality that I saw happen in real time.
I've seen that ploy too many times. She must be using last year's Watson/Benson/Svan playbook on how to appear totally creditable while telling your friends only what they want to hear.

Anyway, cheers!

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Re: "Zvandenberg":
cunt wrote: It was worth a laugh. I remember it made me laugh at the time, even though I knew it wasn't intended as biting satire. Worth it? Well, I don't give a shit what Steph Svans readers think.

While commuting to work this morning I saw a strange, slow-moving object in the sky, a considerable distance ahead of me. Fortunately it was travelling more or less in the same direction as me, allowing me to catch up with it and identify it as a blimp or airship (perhaps returning home from the Super Bowl?) - certainly not something I see every day. And then I remembered the Zvandenberg and laughed like a crazy person for a few minutes. :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090- ... 5/abstract
There is a strong contemporary association between high heels and female sexuality. We investigated the hypothesis that one motivation for women wearing high heels is that it artificially increases the femininity of gait. We isolated the effects of heels on gait using point-light methodology. Females were recorded walking in flat shoes and high heels. Participants viewed point-light videos of the women wearing the two types of shoe. Participants judged the females in the heels condition as significantly more attractive (with a large effect size) than the females in the flat shoe condition. Biomechanical analyses revealed that wearing high heels led to increased femininity of gait including reduced stride length and increased rotation and tilt of the hips. We conclude that high heels exaggerate sex specific aspects of female gait and women walking in high heels could be regarded as a supernormal stimulus.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: If it is any consolation, some MRAs also have an issue with it.
I dunno why it'd be any consolation... Its your movement, not mine.
No no no no Grasshopper. Only in the sense that some people on "my" side agree with you.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I saw that earlier (I was too lazy to link, sorry) One of the points they made is they do NOT want a cult of personalty with self styled leaders as then dogma sets in with all the problems that causes. I wonder if they took that lesson from A+/FTB? Or maybe simple common sense.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

On a Sunday morning? Are they crazy? Free Sunday mornings is one of the best reasons to quit going to church.

It's brilliant that their congregation is 10x larger than the neighboring Christian church. I don't know if that could ever happen in Two-fisted God Fearin' Murika. Good on you, England.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Why do people feel the need to turn atheism into a quasi-(non)religion? One of the best parts about being a non-believer is not having to go to church.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

nippletwister wrote: Hey, I'm not playing for points. Your attitude on fair play and charitable assumptions does you credit. I try to do the same.

I think it even looked like she was trying to look like she was being charitable and reasonable, but the story just didn't add up to the reality that I saw happen in real time.
I've seen that ploy too many times. She must be using last year's Watson/Benson/Svan playbook on how to appear totally creditable while telling your friends only what they want to hear.

Anyway, cheers!
I did not mean my concession speech to be taken as a literal allusion but more in an ironic sense, in that we were lobbing points to justify respective opinions at each other

I am not wedded to my opinions till "death do us part" and fwitw I am under the impression you operate in a similar manner.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Why do people feel the need to turn atheism into a quasi-(non)religion? One of the best parts about being a non-believer is not having to go to church.

Some former believers miss the sense of community and fellowship they used to get from church services.

I would go just for the physics lecture.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ape+lust wrote:
On a Sunday morning? Are they crazy? Free Sunday mornings is one of the best reasons to quit going to church.

It's brilliant that their congregation is 10x larger than the neighboring Christian church. I don't know if that could ever happen in Two-fisted God Fearin' Murika. Good on you, England.
speak of the void they felt on a Sunday morning when they decided to abandon their Christian faith. Few actively identify themselves as atheists.

"It's a nice excuse to get together and have a bit of a community spirit but without the religion aspect," says Jess Bonham, a photographer.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ape+lust wrote:

Church attendance in the UK is very low. Nobody I know is a churchgoer outside of weddings and funerals, so this isn't very remarkable.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

To anyone that knows; How do the rates work for the ad banner?
When the ad price says .05 cents is that for a click? a day?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:To anyone that knows; How do the rates work for the ad banner?
When the ad price says .05 cents is that for a click? a day?
From Project Wonderful:

"Step 1: You tell us how much a day's advertising is worth to you.
Step 2: That's it! There's no step 2.

Let's say you're an advertiser, and you want to put your ad on a site. To do this, you place a bid in that site's auction, which is done by telling us what you want to pay, and when you want to pay it.

Our system examines all bids, every second of every day. If you're the person willing to pay the most at that moment, your ad is displayed on the site! It's as easy as that. You're only charged for the time in which your ad is the high bidder - and all charging is done to the nearest second. On top of all that, our system ensures that you always pay only what's necessary to win the auction, and not a penny more. You're always getting advertising for the cheapest price available.

You can change your maximum bid, or cancel it entirely, at any time. And we provide full performance tracking for your bid (displays, unique viewers, clicks, effective cost-per-click and cost-per-display rates, and more). To find out how we can get your message out for the best price going, click below on Advertisers get the best deal."

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Hey guess what, on FTB, they're not obliged to allow us to comment BUT we should be required to include their voice IN OUR OWN CONTENT. (at least according to athyco: http://www.freezepage.com/1360032677SOVPCNGCCK).

(The only person I know that is 100% on including others' content in their blogs is OB, but that's usually only when she wholly agrees with them and only has the strength to type a dozen words.)

Also:

1. aratina has to be a poe; and
2. I'd appreciate it if OB did not objectify herself in the comments thread by telling her readers what she's wearing.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

bhoytony wrote:Church attendance in the UK is very low. Nobody I know is a churchgoer outside of weddings and funerals, so this isn't very remarkable.
Yeah. It makes me wistful. And we USAians fancy ourselves to be such independent humdingers... hah, what horseshit.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Meeting in a church????? Sounds like these people miss religion!

Submariner

Re: Witch Hunt 2013

Post by Submariner »

Just curious, has Shermer confessed that he drew the MS Paint picture that he's in league with Satan his sin's against feminism that he's a misogynist witch yet?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

AndrewV69 wrote:
speak of the void they felt on a Sunday morning when they decided to abandon their Christian faith. Few actively identify themselves as atheists.

"It's a nice excuse to get together and have a bit of a community spirit but without the religion aspect," says Jess Bonham, a photographer.
Oh, I know why they go. I'm just amazed atheists would give up one of their two days to sleep in to do it. They could meet on Wednesday evenings, there's nothing "holy" about Sundays.

If I were Emperor of North America, I'd schedule all football kickoffs for Sundays at 7am. We'd find out pretty fucking quick what the real religion is in this country.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

So...

Results today along with taking out the stitches. They found precancerous cells at the back of his tongue and throat. 23 lymph nodes were removed and 2 of them were positive for cancer - squamous cell carcinoma. They were unable to determine the originating point.

So...

In a few weeks he'll be scheduled for radiation treatment and the doctor is recommending chemotherapy as well.

There's the update. Really wishing we hadn't given up alcohol at the moment.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:

Welcome to the pit.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

ReneeHendricks wrote:So...

Results today along with taking out the stitches. They found precancerous cells at the back of his tongue and throat. 23 lymph nodes were removed and 2 of them were positive for cancer - squamous cell carcinoma. They were unable to determine the originating point.

So...

In a few weeks he'll be scheduled for radiation treatment and the doctor is recommending chemotherapy as well.

So sorry to hear that Renee. Best wishes!

welch

Post by welch »

So did I. and Melissa

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Ape+lust wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

Oh, I know why they go. I'm just amazed atheists would give up one of their two days to sleep in to do it. They could meet on Wednesday evenings, there's nothing "holy" about Sundays.

If I were Emperor of North America, I'd schedule all football kickoffs for Sundays at 7am. We'd find out pretty fucking quick what the real religion is in this country.
Kickoff at 7 am? I'd have to become an a-footballer then. Way too early on my weekends!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Submariner wrote:

So...

So sorry to hear that Renee. Best wishes!
I hadn't said it before, but my best wishes too. That really sucks. Hang in there (and tell him the same)!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

<{[HUG!]}>

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:

Welcome, BS!

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

When I was a theist I used to hate going to church. Of course I was just a kid then so being forced to go made the experience even worse, but now that I no longer have religion I feel liberated in not having to get up early, get all dressed up and spend a good chunk of my day sitting in uncomfortable wooden benches and listening to people ramble on.

And to be clear, the worst part of church wasn't even the sermons, it was stuff like:

*crowd is still shuffling into seats, one of the deacons steps up to microphone*
"Can everyone hear me?" *SQUEEEEAAAALLLLL!!!*
"Oh! Seems we had a bit of feedback, um, can everyone hear me now?"
"AMEN"
"Alright folks I don't know about you but I am so blessed to be hear today. Do you all feel blessed too, let me hear you say amen"
"AMEN!"
"Alright, well we'll start with some announcements. First off, on Wednesday night we're having our annual bake sale fundraiser to raise funds for summer Bible Camp, please make sure to have your donations ready by 6PM. oh yes, I almost forgot, Mrs. Steinberg wants to remind you all to label your kitchenware so we don't have any mixups......."

(30 minutes later)

"And now it's time for music, please open your hymnals to hymn number 276"
*cue old lady at piano* plonk plonk plonka plonk...
"There is pow'r! Pow'r! Wonder working pow'r, in the bloooooooood of the laaaaaamb!"

Internal me: "Is it close to noon yet? Fuck...."

So yeah, I personally don't get the appeal of atheist churches, but if other people want to have their little social clubs, then so be it.

welch

Post by welch »

So...

Ach. Schiesse

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

So...

Fuck. Lots of hugs.

He'll be fine. I ... erm... have faith.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Lsuoma wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:

Welcome, BS!
Thanks, I got all my rabies shots yesterday, so...... bring on the A+ers.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

16bitheretic wrote:When I was a theist I used to hate going to church. Of course I was just a kid then so being forced to go made the experience even worse, but now that I no longer have religion I feel liberated in not having to get up early, get all dressed up and spend a good chunk of my day sitting in uncomfortable wooden benches and listening to people ramble on.

And to be clear, the worst part of church wasn't even the sermons, it was stuff like:

*crowd is still shuffling into seats, one of the deacons steps up to microphone*
"AMEN"
"Alright folks I don't know about you but I am so blessed to be hear today. Do you all feel blessed too, let me hear you say amen"
"AMEN!"
"Alright, well we'll start with some announcements. First off, on Wednesday night we're having our annual bake sale fundraiser to raise funds for summer Bible Camp, please make sure to have your donations ready by 6PM. oh yes, I almost forgot, Mrs. Steinberg wants to remind you all to label your kitchenware so we don't have any mixups......."

(30 minutes later)

"There is pow'r! Pow'r! Wonder working pow'r, in the bloooooooood of the laaaaaamb!"

So yeah, I personally don't get the appeal of atheist churches, but if other people want to have their little social clubs, then so be it.
What the fuck is Mrs Steinberg doing here again? Can you please tell her the synagogue is down the road?

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

So...

Sorry to hear that. I'm pretty ignorant of this sort of thing so I'm hoping you saying "precancerous" is a good thing in regards to treatment probabilities. Stay strong, both of you.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I'm taking a break from responding to the propaganda put out by Lee and Zvan to address the Pennsylvania Pastors' Network which claims that the rise of unbelief is a threat to liberty and freedom...and much of the usual nonsense from the religious right:

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2013 ... d-freedom/

They write,
The notion that civil freedom, prosperity, and security can exist separate from God is fallacious. Even William Penn here in Pennsylvania made it very clear that only if the citizens self-govern themselves can there be a free nation, otherwise tyrants and dictators rule,” said Rohrer.
“Penn said that the “Experiment” of self-government could only occur, however, if people governed themselves according to the 10 Commandments of God. This was the basis for Penn’s “Holy Experiment.” Years later, Benjamin Franklin made it clear that no nation could rise, and no republic could be maintained without God’s direct help. As the Scripture makes it clear and history confirms, “blessed only is the nation whose God is the LORD.”

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

So...

This is a voucher for a continuous supply of on-demand virtual hugs.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

rocko2466 wrote: What the fuck is Mrs Steinberg doing here again? Can you please tell her the synagogue is down the road?
Ah yes, I see...well, we have a deacon specifically ordained for that sort of task:

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 30ec64.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Thanks all :) Still wishing I had a giant bottle of vodka at the moment. Probably for the best. I'd get blind drunk LOL

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

KiwiInOz wrote:

So...

Careful, Simple Flower may steal them!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

So...

Welcome to the 'pit!

Now fuck off.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

So...

Welcome to the 'pit!

Now fuck off.
Is that you Setar?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

So...

Welcome to the 'pit!

Now fuck off.
Is that you Setar?
I said "fuck off", not "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU PRIVILEGE DORITOS SKYRIM AND SOCIALISM!!"

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

So...

Oh no... I'm sorry, Renee. I wish I had something more useful to offer you than my best hopes.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

So...

Damn. Sounds like it was caught early, though (?). Thoughts are with you and your guy and hoping for the best.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

justinvacula wrote:I'm taking a break from responding to the propaganda put out by Lee and Zvan to address the Pennsylvania Pastors' Network which claims that the rise of unbelief is a threat to liberty and freedom...and much of the usual nonsense from the religious right:

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2013 ... d-freedom/

They write,
The notion that civil freedom, prosperity, and security can exist separate from God is fallacious. Even William Penn here in Pennsylvania made it very clear that only if the citizens self-govern themselves can there be a free nation, otherwise tyrants and dictators rule,” said Rohrer.
“Penn said that the “Experiment” of self-government could only occur, however, if people governed themselves according to the 10 Commandments of God. This was the basis for Penn’s “Holy Experiment.” Years later, Benjamin Franklin made it clear that no nation could rise, and no republic could be maintained without God’s direct help. As the Scripture makes it clear and history confirms, “blessed only is the nation whose God is the LORD.”
Well clearly the rise of atheism in this country is a problem sir, and to combat the moral decay as our nation rejects the Holy Spirit I think I have found the shocking and amazing proof of God's hand in our world! It is evidence so amazing all those damned atheists will be forced to say "Sorry my creator! Forgive me my sins!" and will lead to the rebirth of our once proud Christian Nation! What is this proof of God you ask?

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 2e468d.jpg

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Lsuoma wrote:<{[HUG!]}>
Also ((hugs))!!!

p.s. Fuck cancer.

Git

Post by Git »

16bitheretic wrote:When I was a theist I used to hate going to church. Of course I was just a kid then so being forced to go made the experience even worse, but now that I no longer have religion I feel liberated in not having to get up early, get all dressed up and spend a good chunk of my day sitting in uncomfortable wooden benches and listening to people ramble on.

"AMEN"
"AMEN!"

(30 minutes later)

[youtube]fZoRyFUsyYU[/youtube]