Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Old subthreads
Notung

Re: gluttons for punishment

Post by Notung »

Apples wrote:[spoiler]
cm's changeable moniker wrote:strange gods, yeah, I owe you (and others) an apology for baiting. Some meatspace stress got through the human-computer interface. Sorry about that.
strange gods before me ॐ wrote:Cool, thanks cm.

Nerd: you are cleared for saying “Your unevidenced OPINION is *POOF* dismissed as fuckwittery” again. False alarm.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... 5/#respond[/spoiler]
Absolutely hilarious.

"You are cleared for saying ... False alarm."

Phew - that was a close one!

Reap

Re: Now sponsored by [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

Post by Reap »

SkepularCharlie wrote:Damn it! My first post was accidentally infused with previous quotes. Fucking smart phones certainly make the user appear clueless when navigating and posting on forums.
apologies.
screw you Samsung!

Once again, hello all

That first post is always a bitch ooops! I mean dick

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

rayshul wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:So, my guy is out of surgery. He had his lymph nodes removed, the mass removed, and a portion of the back of his tongue removed. Oh, and they STILL won't know for another fucking week if the whole thing is malignant or not. WTF? The doctor said they'd check the mass right away to see if there was an issue. I'm not fucking happy right now.
All the best Renee to you and your guy + family.

I recall a study done on men who HAD DEFINITELY BEEN SEXUALLY ASSAULTED, as in, they had been victims and had this situation go before the courts, etc - but when surveyed only 16% of them or so actually reported they had ever been sexually assaulted in their life time. Despite the fact that 100% of them had. Fuck knows where I read it - I've been searching for it with no luck. I would assume that shit plays in a lot to any survey like that. Men just don't think it's sexual assault.

I have limited experience in this sort of thing, but in my younger days, I had, at different times, two women grab my ass, one woman grope my crotch, and one try to force a kiss on me while drunk at a friend's work-related party.

While it was a bit socially uncomfortable, mainly because of having to explain to horny women that I wasn't attracted to them, I wouldn't call any of it "assault". But I'm pretty sure many women would, even if there was very little contact and no real threat to well-being of any kind.

I totally understand why a woman would feel very uncomfortable around a sexually aggressive male, but having lived my whole sheltered life in moderately conservative to liberal areas of California, I've never once actually witnessed a man doing anything worse than what happened to me, and even that was very rare, only at parties, and only with women who were into it and enjoying the attention and physical play. I know it must happen, but I've never seen a man who felt entitled to grab someone who wasn't already happily bouncing body parts in his face.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh shit, I've only just started reading the "famine" article on wikipedia, and the introduction alone, I find this:
The famine relief model increasingly used by aid groups calls for giving cash or cash vouchers to the hungry to pay local farmers instead of buying food from donor countries, as is often required by law (for example U.S. law requires that food aid money be spent on food grown in the U.S).
I don't even know what to think right now...
I was a contract worker for USAID for a couple of years and thought the agency tries to do good work(and succeeds at times)congress has turned it into a program to subsidize US agriculture and industry. Farmers are crops are subsidized and the surplus is used for famine relief and development work. Often on the development side NGO's are given grain which they may then sell in the nation being aided and use that money to fund their projects. The problem is that this can often drive down the market prices in the country they're ostensibly trying to help, and cause local farmer to go out of business. The NGO's must also use US made equipment which they buy with the money from the grain sales.
It's a difficult situation.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The key to quality of living and the sustainability of life is the ability to access and properly use energy.
The ability of mankind to settle areas beyond the subtropics was made possible by the ability to utilize the energy in fire, to gain energy in previously unavailable food by hunting technology, and the ability to better conserve energy by making clothes that withstand the cold.
Likewise our increases in standard of living have followed our ability to exploit energy especially during the industrial revolution and 20th century. To a large degree the standard of living of a community is linked to the amount of energy it consumes. Cheap and abundant energy is the major tool in our ability to access resources such as the ability to desalinate water and mine for increasingly more difficult to find minerals and fertilizers.
I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.
There, the solution to all the worlds' problems.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The key to quality of living and the sustainability of life is the ability to access and properly use energy.
The ability of mankind to settle areas beyond the subtropics was made possible by the ability to utilize the energy in fire, to gain energy in previously unavailable food by hunting technology, and the ability to better conserve energy by making clothes that withstand the cold.
Likewise our increases in standard of living have followed our ability to exploit energy especially during the industrial revolution and 20th century. To a large degree the standard of living of a community is linked to the amount of energy it consumes. Cheap and abundant energy is the major tool in our ability to access resources such as the ability to desalinate water and mine for increasingly more difficult to find minerals and fertilizers.
I believe we need to find a cheap and clean energy source such as usable fusion power technology to sustain anywhere near our present population levels much less our standard and quality of living.

Will the feminists stop bitching complaining about sexism in video games, then?

Apples

Golem *hates* the free market

Post by Apples »

PZ is on his high horse again tut-tutting people who are far more accomplished than he is. Lawrence Krauss gives a speech about teaching:
PZ wrote:This little talk from Lawrence Krauss is one I agreed with right up to the last little conclusion, which is a complete non sequitur.

That first part is excellent: good education does involve getting students to ask questions and think deeply, rather than being able to recite answers back at us; I also think it’s true that a good science educator has to be comfortable in the field and be competent in the topic. And that means investing more in teacher training. It also involves paying them more to attract better teachers, because sometimes what happens is that a person with a family or special needs will find they can’t meet all their obligations on a teacher’s salary.

So far, so good. Here’s the concluding paragraph that I find disagreeable, however. It’s the one where he proposes different pay scales for science and math teachers rather than those other teachers.
Non sequitur? PZ, you dipshit -- the title of the talk is "Differential Pay Scales for Teachers in Science and Math" with the attached summary, "Lawrence Krauss argues for differential pay scales for teachers with advanced training in science and math to accommodate the free market." Hardly a "last little conclusion" for you to nit-pick.

Anyway, maybe PZ has a good argument for why Krauss is wrong. Let's see....
PZ wrote:My problem here is that after praising the value of asking good questions, critical thinking, general competence, and all that jazz, suddenly we switch gears to talking about competition in the free market. That is something completely different with no relationship to the values previously stated.
Um, yeah, PZ, that's because Krauss is talking about problems such as, "some number like close to 90 percent of middle school science teachers don’t have a training in science, beyond the high school level," and about his impression that primary school science teachers therefore often seem uncomfortable with the material.
PZ wrote:Teachers of English, theater, history, philosophy, art, music, etc. can also be inspiring, inquiring critical thinkers who lead students to deeper understanding, who get students to ask insightful questions. In that context, it’s silly to single out science and math teachers as somehow special — in my personal history, science and math teachers have been more likely to fall back on rote and massive data dumps than teachers in other fields.
Um ... dafuq? If anything, this helps prove Krauss's point.
PZ wrote:Why would anyone think free market competition for higher salaries would attract more people with better teaching skills?
Jeez, I dunno, PZ. Maybe because people always and everywhere are (at least partly) motivated to be well-compensated for their work and the investment they've made in their education? As for "teaching skills" in general, that's its own kettle of fish. But if we have a choice between little Johnny's getting his introduction to biology from someone with a general pedagogy or English degree versus a Bio degree, assuming they're both certified by East Bumfuck Teachers' College, isn't it kind of obvious which is preferable?

Also, PZ - in your fucking introduction, you say we need to be "paying more to attract better teachers." You mean, just to be nice? Oh - my bad - I thought we had to do that because that's how free markets work.

I wish PZ would just stick to talking about animal fetuses and creationists and shut up about everything else. I don't even necessarily agree with Krauss, but, confronted with PZ's blinkered crap, I can't help wanting to agree with him.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -teaching/
http://bigthink.com/ideas/49108

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Submariner wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The key to quality of living and the sustainability of life is the ability to access and properly use energy.

On a similar note, I wonder if this will piss off the feminists:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 ... 1353294811

http://www.fertileearth.org/_blog/Miami ... e_Miami_2/

The entire calendar here:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=2013+Lad ... iALD3YGwCQ

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hmm.

About Mutanto (Monsanto), the Seven Pillars, and GMO foods, I have this to say.

In 1998, in the midst of a five-year stint as a full time adult student at a local college, I was involved, with 12 other adult students, some of whom were professional journalists, and some of whom were professional researchers, in an eight-month research project on GMO products and the seven major corporations (the Seven Pillars) that, at that time, were researching, creating, and patenting various GMO products and legislation and laws regarding them.

After eight months, our conclusions were that GMO products were most likely not particularily harmful in and of themselves (as consumables; not as crops), but the power wielded by, and the political, social, and business influence carried out by the Seven Pillars was deeply worrisome, even frigthening.

Specifically, one part of the corporate plan, as stated on internal documentation, was for the Seven Pillars to exert so much political, social, and corporate power as to, by sometime between 2020 and 2050, own over 90% of the Earth's arable land, and to control all of the planet's food source.

A large part of Mutanto's 1996-1997 operating budget (approximately, 1.25 billion dollars US -- that is one thousand 250 million US dollars) went to propaganda (public relations), including approximately 400 million spent directly on encouraging, supporting, and fomenting public protests, both in media, and on the ground, against GMOs specifically to take the focus as far as possible away from the Seven Pillars's hegemonic property takover planning.

I know many of you are going to moan and groan about this being some kind of nutty conspiracy theory paranoia, but I swear it is not. It was an intensive and in-depth eight month long research project, and we had hundreds of corporate-sourced documents backing it all up. I am sorry that I do not have any documents left to back this up -- I lost all my college docs, textbooks, etx., when I was homeless, and anyway, I was, at the time, stupidly unaware of how important it is to hang on to important and relevant hard-to-find documentation for possible unforeseen future uses.

On an unrelated side note, we also uncovered several inter-office memos at the CocaCola head office outlining plans to own/control all water supplies (aquifers) in the third world so that the water could, in regards to individual consumption, be replaced by Coke. I kid you not. That particular plan was intended to come to full fruition by approximately 2025-30.

MKG said:
Economists = Fraudulent Voodoo Cunts
Yes, indeed. This, for teh win.

Oh, also, Lsuoma, today there seems to be no hold-up or delay on the Preview/Post phenomenon. Very fast.

Reap

Re: Golem *hates* the free market

Post by Reap »

Apples wrote:PZ is on his high horse again tut-tutting people who are far more accomplished than he is. Lawrence Krauss gives a speech about teaching:
PZ wrote:This little talk from Lawrence Krauss is one I agreed with right up to the last little conclusion, which is a complete non sequitur.

That first part is excellent: good education does involve getting students to ask questions and think deeply, rather than being able to recite answers back at us; I also think it’s true that a good science educator has to be comfortable in the field and be competent in the topic. And that means investing more in teacher training. It also involves paying them more to attract better teachers, because sometimes what happens is that a person with a family or special needs will find they can’t meet all their obligations on a teacher’s salary.

So far, so good. Here’s the concluding paragraph that I find disagreeable, however. It’s the one where he proposes different pay scales for science and math teachers rather than those other teachers.
Non sequitur? PZ, you dipshit -- the title of the talk is "Differential Pay Scales for Teachers in Science and Math" with the attached summary, "Lawrence Krauss argues for differential pay scales for teachers with advanced training in science and math to accommodate the free market." Hardly a "last little conclusion" for you to nit-pick.

PZ wrote:My problem here is that after praising the value of asking good questions, critical thinking, general competence, and all that jazz, suddenly we switch gears to talking about competition in the free market. That is something completely different with no relationship to the values previously stated.
Um, yeah, PZ, that's because Krauss is talking about problems such as, "some number like close to 90 percent of middle school science teachers don’t have a training in science, beyond the high school level," and about his impression that primary school science teachers therefore often seem uncomfortable with the material.
PZ wrote:Teachers of English, theater, history, philosophy, art, music, etc. can also be inspiring, inquiring critical thinkers who lead students to deeper understanding, who get students to ask insightful questions. In that context, it’s silly to single out science and math teachers as somehow special — in my personal history, science and math teachers have been more likely to fall back on rote and massive data dumps than teachers in other fields.
PZ wrote:Why would anyone think free market competition for higher salaries would attract more people with better teaching skills?
Jeez, I dunno, PZ. Maybe because people always and everywhere are (at least partly) motivated to be well-compensated for their work and the investment they've made in their education? As for "teaching skills" in general, that's its own kettle of fish. But if we have a choice between little Johnny's getting his introduction to biology from someone with a general pedagogy or English degree versus a Bio degree, assuming they're both certified by East Bumfuck Teachers' College, isn't it kind of obvious which is preferable?

Also, PZ - in your fucking introduction, you say we need to be "paying more to attract better teachers." You mean, just to be nice? Oh - my bad - I thought we had to do that because that's how free markets work.

I wish PZ would just stick to talking about animal fetuses and creationists and shut up about everything else. I don't even necessarily agree with Krauss, but, confronted with PZ's blinkered crap, I can't help wanting to agree with him.

PZ is....
http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/pzflybrain.png

16bitheretic

Re: Golem *hates* the free market

Post by 16bitheretic »

Apples wrote:

PZ is acting like one of those knee jerk reactionaries that sees "free market" and suddenly reads into those words that Krauss must be using right-wing talking points. Because, you know, anyone that even suggests that some minor competition might be useful suddenly jumps into Ayn Rand territory or something.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John Greg wrote:
Oh, also, Lsuoma, today there seems to be no hold-up or delay on the Preview/Post phenomenon. Very fast.
Testing, testing.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Apples wrote:PZ is on his high horse again tut-tutting people who are far more accomplished than he is. Lawrence Krauss gives a speech about teaching:

What's up with Peezus these days?
He's just made another embarassing fuck up on pharyngula by posting a story about some anti abortion group deciding to join in an alliance with the Westboro Baptists.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... le-models/

Except if you follow the link (and actually read the stort rather than the headline, you'll realize that it is not a real story, its a (pretty lame) satire - it even explicitly labels itself as satire.

PZMyers, skeptic extraordinaire. :doh:

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

CHECK YOUR PRIVLEGE BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't you fucking fuckers just leave us in peace ? We;re going to change the world any you dinosaurs are going to end up extinct. We don't need no comet, we have the internet and the furure is ours.

It's payback time bitches and yes I've had a few too many cosmoploitans but that's only to help with the severe anxiety attacks I get whenever sombody mentions the word slime or pit

We are Atheeissm Pluss and we WILL DOMINATE !!!

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Would it be sexist of me to say I fapped?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Submariner: as long as you compost the 'results' of your efforts, I see no problem ;P

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

ladysetar wrote:CHECK YOUR PRIVLEGE BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't you fucking fuckers just leave us in peace ? We;re going to change the world any you dinosaurs are going to end up extinct. We don't need no comet, we have the internet and the furure is ours.

It's payback time bitches and yes I've had a few too many cosmoploitans but that's only to help with the severe anxiety attacks I get whenever sombody mentions the word slime or pit

Not sure if serious, troll, or off their medication.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Oh my, we've been invaded by drunk A+ ers.....help?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Submariner wrote:

I am betting troll. Funny too :)

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Nah. Satire.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Submariner wrote:

Well, s/h/it said s/h/it has had too many cosmoploitans, so some medication obviously.

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

Submariner wrote:

Serious and that medication shit is for whimps who needs it when I have the Aplus inner sanctum

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

/me looks in underpants.

Yep, white cock of privilege still there.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John Greg wrote:Nah. Satire.
Nah. Setar.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

12 Months, 1 Calendar.

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

Lsuoma wrote:
/me looks in underpants.

Yep, white cock of privilege still there.
cocks...phew..the source of toxic masculinity which is why I always keep mine neatly nestled in the panties I stole from my mother. I may look like boy but i feel like girl

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

If that is the case, then Setar is monumentally more stupid than I thought.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, Setar, welcome. We really will have a genuine discussion with you if that's what you're looking for. But this probably isn't a safe space.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

ladysetar wrote:It's payback time bitches and yes I've had a few too many cosmoploitans but that's only to help with the severe anxiety attacks I get whenever sombody mentions the word slime or pit
Am I the only one who sees a tiny flaw in Setar's plan to take over the world?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

katamari Damassi wrote:I was a contract worker for USAID for a couple of years and thought the agency tries to do good work(and succeeds at times)congress has turned it into a program to subsidize US agriculture and industry. Farmers are crops are subsidized and the surplus is used for famine relief and development work. Often on the development side NGO's are given grain which they may then sell in the nation being aided and use that money to fund their projects. The problem is that this can often drive down the market prices in the country they're ostensibly trying to help, and cause local farmer to go out of business. The NGO's must also use US made equipment which they buy with the money from the grain sales.
It's a difficult situation.
Similar goes on here in Canukistan and other countries. Vouchers are issued with a list of companies where they can be spent.

Having seen how that works out up close (I have spent a bit over twenty years in 3rd world countries), it translates into bagmen approaching various political actors with inducements to consider certain companies over others.

Sometimes the people involved fuck up royally, like the Karlheinz Schreiber business:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Schreiber

When I throw out comments like "Obama is Bush in blackface and Harper is his bottom bitch" I am not really joking. Unfortunately, at a certain level it is true.

YMMV

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Well, I will say this - that picture beats the fuck-all out of the other 'tub girl.'

p141592654

Post by p141592654 »

I wonder if the Catholic church should be looking into canonizing some of the martyrs of THE CAUSE. Like, St. Rebbeca of the Elevator, or St. PZ of Idiot-town, US?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

ladysetar wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Serious and that medication shit is for whimps who needs it when I have the Aplus inner sanctum
I'm sure you mean 'Aplus inner rectum,' amirite?

Apples

Post by Apples »

16bitheretic wrote:PZ is acting like one of those knee jerk reactionaries that sees "free market" and suddenly reads into those words that Krauss must be using right-wing talking points. Because, you know, anyone that even suggests that some minor competition might be useful suddenly jumps into Ayn Rand territory or something.
Exactly. And, John Greg, thanks for your interesting and illuminating post above about Monsanto, Coca-Cola, etc. There is definitely an unholy, and, I would agree, frightening alliance between large corporations and governments. If you want to have *free* markets that are good for employees and consumers, you have to have real competition and governments have to prevent monopoly. You can't dick around with whether Microsoft is bundling Internet Explorer or Google is promoting its own products - you have to deal with behemoths like Monsanto, Citibank, Halliburton, etc. Of course when their executives and boardmembers are also the Cabinet, things get pretty twisted. Trick is to avoid throwing the economic babies out with the bathwater.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Submariner wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Submariner wrote:

Would it be sexist of me to say I fapped?
OK, let's try this again...

I will say this, though - this one beats the fuck-all outta the other 'tub girl.'

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

John Greg wrote:Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

I am not stoopid, just last week I did a combination major masters degree in both sociology and gender studies. So what if it's from some university in Nigeria, it was cheap and fast and next week I'll be doing my PhD. I just need more tips in my tip jar, look me up on tumbly, setarelven. I'm also a different species, I'm otherkin and there's an elf, a girl elfe, inside me that's soon going to burst forth like that aleien thing from the movie.

Gravity is a product of the partiarchy wxplain to me how I fell going up a flight of stairs, huh ? can you do that huh ? I'm breaking free of your opressive rules and it's liberating, kind of like taking off your bra at the end of the day

ladysetar

Post by ladysetar »

[quote="Al Stefanelli"
I'm sure you mean 'Aplus inner rectum,' amirite?[/quote]

Rectum ? Are you calling me an asshole ? THAT'S SEXIST !!!!! Oh wait

and that amirite stuff, we call it poppers, great before taking a huge dick in by boy pussy.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:He's just made another embarassing fuck up on pharyngula by posting a story about some anti abortion group deciding to join in an alliance with the Westboro Baptists.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... le-models/

Except if you follow the link (and actually read the stort rather than the headline, you'll realize that it is not a real story, its a (pretty lame) satire - it even explicitly labels itself as satire.

PZMyers, skeptic extraordinaire. :doh:
What an unbelievable loser.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Lsuoma wrote: Well, s/h/it said s/h/it has had too many cosmoploitans, so some medication obviously.
That would be cosmoexploitans, the favorite mixed drink of the oppressed.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

p141592654 wrote:I wonder if the Catholic church should be looking into canonizing some of the martyrs of THE CAUSE. Like, St. Rebbeca of the Elevator, or St. PZ of Idiot-town, US?
well, we do have Sancta Ophelia.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7272/7821 ... c98697.jpg

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Another gem by that other silent service member:

[youtube]QQBX9wQ-jIM[/youtube]

I'm glad I subbed (ouch bad pun)

sKepptiksowat

Amy's Necklace

Post by sKepptiksowat »

Is it still a pearl necklace if it's on her back?

WARNING: You can't unsee this shoop.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/8596/comp10000000.jpg

St PZ of Pharyngula

Post by St PZ of Pharyngula »

ladysetar wrote:
John Greg wrote:Lsuoma said:
Nah. Setar.
Woah! Seriously?

I am not stoopid, just last week I did a combination major masters degree in both sociology and gender studies. So what if it's from some university in Nigeria, it was cheap and fast and next week I'll be doing my PhD. I just need more tips in my tip jar, look me up on tumbly, setarelven. I'm also a different species, I'm otherkin and there's an elf, a girl elfe, inside me that's soon going to burst forth like that aleien thing from the movie.

Gravity is a product of the partiarchy wxplain to me how I fell going up a flight of stairs, huh ? can you do that huh ? I'm breaking free of your opressive rules and it's liberating, kind of like taking off your bra at the end of the day
This poster has my blessings. Slimers.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

PZ Myers wrote:good education does involve getting students to ask questions and think deeply write blogs, rather than being able to recite answers back at us; I also think it’s true that a good science educator has to be comfortable in the field blogosphere and be competent in the topic. And that means investing more in teacher training. It also involves paying them more to attract better teachers bloggers, because sometimes what happens is that a person with a family or special needs will find they can’t meet all their obligations on a teacher’s blogger's salary.
FTFY.
Lsuoma wrote:Nah. Setar.
Troll.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Nah. Setar.
Troll.
Yes, I know really - I was punning on JG's comment.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Even if the population is only one person, but that person's demand for resources rises continually, then resource consumption eventually overtakes the fixed amounts available if that person consumes long enough. And since we are playing fantasy football, why not?
I am not playing any sort of fantasy football here mate.
Your above suggestion that one person's consumption can physically rise to exceed the planetary energy input in less than their lifetime is so absurd as to render your "arguments" as no longer worth seriously engaging.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Rectum? I hardly knew em!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:That implies you have also fixed the continuing growth in resource consumption issue. Reduce the population as far as you like. As long as it is non-zero, if the resource demands continue to rise year on year then you eventually exceed whatever limit you put on them.
Now, that is just being disingenuous there, oh Custardy Coward.
If I reduce it to the extremum of just one human, then makes a mockery of your scenario.
There was once a time when the human population was sustainable. This (again) demolishes your above assertion.
This is a continuum, not black & white, sir.
'Fess up and admit that I am correct.

Your "As long as it is non-zero..." nonsense is a travesty against mathematics, physics, poetry & common sense.
Leave it out, sunshine.
Sorry but at what time were things sustainable? I'm not aware of a time in history that there were no famine, starvation etc.
You mistake what I mean by "sustainable".
I mean that very thing: sustainable over the long-term (millennia).
Vis - consuming resources at their replacement rate.

I did not mean nor imply it to mean "perfect".
Especially not "famine free".
Dunno how you grabbed that end of the stick!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Lsuoma said:
Yes, I know really - I was punning on JG's comment.
And I missed the pun!

:doh:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:Maybe YOU should join feminism. They highly approve of false accusations, especially of child rape. Look up the false memory craze of the 80s and 90s, where any bad dream or depression meant that a quack feminist therapist would tell the patient that she was raped by her father when too young to remember and that that's the root of the bad dreams or depressions. Many families were needlessly destroyed by that.
Back in the early 80s, my wife was firmly convinced by her stupid shrink that she was repeatedly raped by her (deceased) father in a specific month, or months, of a specific year. Her harridan of a mother took it on as truth as well, railing day and night about how you can't trust men and she knew it all along. Until I asked the mother where the father was at that time. (He was a merchant seaman). It turns out that for the 9 months bounding that period, he was at sea in the northern hemisphere! Couldn't possibly have done it. Yet my wife still kept visiting the fraud of a shrink!
Bahhh spit!
Trick-cyclists: Pure Voodoo.

Apples

free from content blogs

Post by Apples »

Comrade Physioproffe, after a week with no posts except for Chapter 10 of Moby Dick verbatim, treats us to this breakthough essay:
Physioproffe wrote:Note To People In Stairwells In North America: Keep To The Fucken Right, Asshole
If you are going up the stairwell and you veer to the left and hug the inner edge as you turn around the corner on a landing between flights, the people coming down who are keeping correctly to the right are going to knock you on your stupid fucken dumshitte asse.
Thanks, Professor! Wow - you probably could have fit that scintillating post into two tweets. Now tell me more about your problems getting your Ipad to work, you fucking waste of oxygen. PZ? Ed? You have a vacancy.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/physioprof/ ... t-asshole/

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

John Greg wrote:I know many of you are going to moan and groan about this being some kind of nutty conspiracy theory paranoia, but I swear it is not. It was an intensive and in-depth eight month long research project, and we had hundreds of corporate-sourced documents backing it all up. I am sorry that I do not have any documents left to back this up -- I lost all my college docs, textbooks, etx., when I was homeless, and anyway, I was, at the time, stupidly unaware of how important it is to hang on to important and relevant hard-to-find documentation for possible unforeseen future uses.
The conspiracy to make a profit seems to be one of the easiest to believe. The private US prison system seems to be another good example of the priority of money over the simplest values of human life.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

ladysetar wrote:[quote="Al Stefanelli"
I'm sure you mean 'Aplus inner rectum,' amirite?
Rectum ? Are you calling me an asshole ? THAT'S SEXIST !!!!! Oh wait

and that amirite stuff, we call it poppers, great before taking a huge dick in by boy pussy.[/quote]

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 78797.jpeg

Apples

Post by Apples »

Very nice work, 16bitheretic.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Gumby wrote:Meanwhile, the secret forum debate rages on at A+.
peecoke wrote:...If you think going away for a month - or two months - or three months will free you from this requirement, I advise you to re-think.
That's very bloody optimistic of peefolk!!
Assuming that the A+Theism forum will actually last for another 3 months!
It'll just be tumble-weeds after seepuke is the only one left, and has to resort to banning xhitself for thoughtcrimes.
Hilarious...

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

I guess talking shit about #BlockSaturday does get attention!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

16bitheretic wrote:Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

Make sure to appeal! And mention that #blocksaturday tag and the @aratina that uses it. Assholes.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

16bitheretic wrote:Hey, I just got hit by baboons on Twitter! My account is suspended.

We live in a truly bizarre world when purported atheists, skeptics and freethinkers actively strive to ban dissenting voices from a platform which isn't even their own.

I'm curious about twitter, having never really used it much - is it really so difficult to ignore someone you don't like on there? Do you get popups appearing whenever someone mentions you, or something like that?

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Tigzy wrote:

We live in a truly bizarre world when purported atheists, skeptics and freethinkers actively strive to ban dissenting voices from a platform which isn't even their own.

I'm curious about twitter, having never really used it much - is it really so difficult to ignore someone you don't like on there? Do you get popups appearing whenever someone mentions you, or something like that?
I'm pretty sure I got hit because I made a post in the #BlockSaturday tag mocking the SJWs for their internet activities on Twitter when real social justice fighters in India were trying to stop actual gang rapes. I also had baboon unapproved people in my follow/following lists.