Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
Apples

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Apples »

Tigzy wrote:God, that Atheism Plus thread is a thing of beauty.

After Trinioler posts this:
There isn't really gossiping about people [on the super-secret forum]. There is discussion yes, but generally, its about spotting trolls, or when someone is stepping on toes...
There's an immediate response from Exi5tentialist making a 'freedom of information' request to find out what people have been not-gossiping about him. :lol:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 525#p65022

I would say that it's remarkable that it wasn't obvious to anyone there that a secret, exclusive forum for more 'trustworthy' members is likely to cause trouble when the bulk of your forum consists of embittered narcissists. But then again, the interests of narcissists rarely extend to other people, so perhaps, in a weird kind of way, it was inevitable...
"Embittered narcissists" is one of the better shorthand descriptions I've heard for these folks. Trinolier helpfully has as a post signature -- "Preferred pronouns: Ask me." No, it won't tell you what pronouns it wants you to use -- you have to ask .... But don't put it in the form of a FOIA request, because that would be, um, freeze peach or something.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:http://www.moviepicturedb.com/pictures/ ... c83669.jpg

(Not as nice as Vicky's, though I doubt we'll see those in all their glory :-()
Well, that didn't last long. They seem to have a link detector.

Try this:

http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/ilsa.jpg
(At this very moment, a lurking Greg Laden will be sending a text to Steffy. Ilsa, it will begin...)

comslave

Post by comslave »

It's become boob day in the pit. Various head explosions from the FTB lurkers soon to follow.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Lsuoma wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Are you trying to get me to say "Challenge accepted"?
The DOM in me says...
[spoiler]...maybe.[/spoiler]
Search for "dollycogs hand made"

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Slympit logo suggestion:
Could you knock up a cross with the arms of the cross of equal length with a section of each arm projecting at right angles from the end of each arm, all in the same direction and clockwise? Just a thought.
You could put it on an arm band, and maybe a peek cap, and maybe have some semi-naked girls wear this, and then have them wrestling in a slime pit...
Fap, fap, fap.
You're thinking of Helga again, aren't you.
I totally was.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Who is Helga?

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Ophelia Benson wrote:And don’t forget Michael Shermer! Criticize something Michael Shermer says? Omigod, you’re a liar and a criminal and an attention whore of the worst kind.
And Ophelia yet again displays her lack of understanding of meaning of words. Sigh. Shermer didn't call you a criminal or an attention whore. He called you Nazi (joke)!

And also, with the mention of Shermer, I have my bingo!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

VickyCaramel wrote:Who is Helga?
As if I needed any excuse...

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/5 ... i5ygw5.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]
Lsuoma wrote:http://www.moviepicturedb.com/pictures/ ... c83669.jpg

Well, that didn't last long. They seem to have a link detector.

Try this:

http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/ilsa.jpg[/spoiler]
Ahhh....Ilsa. I have Franc to thank for alerting me to that movie gem.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
They do this on A+ a lot and it is one of the things that grinds my gears the most. Their ( shitty ) reasoning is that Person of X is better than X person, because X person puts the X first instead of the person. fFucking word order matters now. Do not worry about parsing a sentence, just line up those words in the right order, and no cutsies
I was once taken to task by SubMor for referring to a black as such and and not as a black person because the omission of person was dehumanising. It might be more appropriate to describe them as such but I think it is stretching it beyond reason to label it as he did however. But language is very important over at Atheism Plus now. I have seen a poster been taken to task for referring to hookers as prostitutes even though there is a thread title with that very word in it now. Even hookers as a term has been questioned too. Apparently you can only use it if either you are one yourself or if you have been given permission by hookers themselves. I am all for challenging derogatory and inflammatory language, but some take it way too far. I was also once told that I do not get to define words I write, but if I do not have responsibility for them then who does ? This is why I no longer post there. Too much emphasis on being politically correct and not enough on just debating issues - though I must add that it is not actually a debate forum as such but a safe space for the marginalised - but even so
Yeah, referring to blacks as opposed to black people sounds racist to me too. It might be because usually people who talk about blacks do so as part of the exposition of an idea that is racist rather than it actually being an offensive term in itself, but I think I should FYI you that it would get my attention

Not trying to police your language or anything, just saying that other non SJW people will also judge you
I was referring to both blacks and gays in the same thread now, and so having to reference them as people would have made me anxious, so I chose not to. I was concerned about describing them as black for a long time but I feel less anxious about that term now, so use it more freely, though not absolutely so. I used to refer to them as Jamaicans instead - irrespective of country of origin - mainly because African American makes me rather uneasy. As you can see, that would cause comprehension problems but there is not much that can be done about that now. I do not like mixing nations and continents because it is not right for me

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Who is Helga?
As if I needed any excuse...

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/5 ... i5ygw5.jpg
HAHAHAHAHA! Beat me to it.
And Fap, fap, fap.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I'll just leave this here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongods/

Avicenna talks about free speech, and wooly bumblee

The relevant excerpt:
ou are always judged by the company you keep and I have slowly come to notice that the company that many naysayers against Free Thought Blogs and the like are not acceptable. The argument one individual from the slymepit made was “free speech”, well we have free speech here.

Watch this. I think Atheism Plus is heavily mishandled and it’s pure utilisation of safe zones makes debate and discourse impossible. In addition it takes a very very protectionist attitude to both culture and a purely western attitude towards feminism which is simply not universal or applicable in every situation. However due to the lack of any actual method of discourse there is no way to create active change through it. It is unfortunately a pure academic form of feminism and is unsuitable for punching out gender discrepancies in third world nations. It’s participants have little actual experience in field work and from experience are unwilling to defer to anyone who is outside the sphere of their security nor were they willing to grasp that principles are great if you can afford to have them. I have even spoken out explicitly against their cultural/race aspect of their movement because a lot of it tries to paint culture with a big fuck off brush rather than realising individual nuance.

Oh look! It’s a stance I have stated before I moved here. At no point was I ever hassled by the “FTBullies”. In fact my interviewer was Stephanie Zvan and when I specifically mentioned my apprehension with Atheism Plus we discussed precisely the above statement.

Oh look it’s genuine criticism of the movement. I have also disagreed with people like Taslima on Prostitution and Ian Cromwell on race. But the thing is through it all we have been specific about what we dislike about the other’s work. We haven’t stooped to personal attacks (Although I did offer to have a “shout racial slurs at each other till we both lose” contest with Ian),

I am not part of A+, but neither am I in the camp of the Slymepit because of the company they keep.

Stephanie Zvan survived sexual assault. But she was drunk. Oh noes! The Slut! When a Man is Drunk and Gets Laid He Taketh Responsibility! Right boys?

Many Slymepitters are represented at AVfM. Reap and Wooly Bumblebee and Astrokid who you may remember from my take on their work.

But because of free speech they get to say what they like. Free speech is fine, in fact that’s why I am examining a more flexible comment policy because I think I can do better (Hah! Suck it popular bloggers! My comments threads may be relatively empty but they will be elegant!) to give everyone the best of both worlds.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

surreptitious57 wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
They do this on A+ a lot and it is one of the things that grinds my gears the most. Their ( shitty ) reasoning is that Person of X is better than X person, because X person puts the X first instead of the person. fFucking word order matters now. Do not worry about parsing a sentence, just line up those words in the right order, and no cutsies
I was once taken to task by SubMor for referring to a black as such and and not as a black person because the omission of person was dehumanising. It might be more appropriate to describe them as such but I think it is stretching it beyond reason to label it as he did however. But language is very important over at Atheism Plus now. I have seen a poster been taken to task for referring to hookers as prostitutes even though there is a thread title with that very word in it now. Even hookers as a term has been questioned too. Apparently you can only use it if either you are one yourself or if you have been given permission by hookers themselves. I am all for challenging derogatory and inflammatory language, but some take it way too far. I was also once told that I do not get to define words I write, but if I do not have responsibility for them then who does ? This is why I no longer post there. Too much emphasis on being politically correct and not enough on just debating issues - though I must add that it is not actually a debate forum as such but a safe space for the marginalised - but even so
Yeah, referring to blacks as opposed to black people sounds racist to me too. It might be because usually people who talk about blacks do so as part of the exposition of an idea that is racist rather than it actually being an offensive term in itself, but I think I should FYI you that it would get my attention

Not trying to police your language or anything, just saying that other non SJW people will also judge you
I was referring to both blacks and gays in the same thread now, and so having to reference them as people would have made me anxious, so I chose not to. I was concerned about describing them as black for a long time but I feel less anxious about that term now, so use it more freely, though not absolutely so. I used to refer to them as Jamaicans instead - irrespective of country of origin - mainly because African American makes me rather uneasy. As you can see, that would cause comprehension problems but there is not much that can be done about that now. I do not like mixing nations and continents because it is not right for me
To be clear, in my experience:

That man is black. <- fine
He is a black man. <- fine
He is a black. <- not fine

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Lsuoma wrote:teenage whiny is now off moderation.
Lsuoma,

I am a minor participant here and have previously advocated for letting Eucli stay. Now I am not so sure that is the right choice.

I get that it is a point of pride that no one gets banned from the Pit. It should be. I think one of the great things about ATBC back in the day was it's incredible tolerance. Same for here. But, we need to consider both the spirit and the letter of the law, such as it is. The spirit of the no-ban policy is to ensure that the Pit doesn't become an echo chamber of like minded people telling each other how great they are. It's intent is to ensure that dissenting viewpoints are given full consideration and not summarily disappeared. I would ask you to consider if banning Eucli truly runs afoul of the intent of that policy? Certainly, it violates the letter of the law, but I would argue that it does not violate the spirit. I don't see her dissenting on salient issues, only being dramatic and contrary. Banning her is not a first step on a slippery slope to FTB-style banhammering.

The other issue to consider is the implications of the decision to ban or not to ban. I don't see much upside to keeping her at this point. The downside is constant vigilance. Do you really want to have to warn each and every new registrant that Eucli is a minor and not to send her pictures of their junk? Furthermore, you might consider that people will start to self-censor themselves after her little threat to go to the police/FBI earlier. Hell, I made one post yesterday I'd dearly love to delete now that I've observed that tantrum. Her continued presence could put somewhat of a damper on the no-hold-barred, often ribald nature of the place.

You won't turn into PZ Myers if you ban her. It is your site, so it is your choice. If it was me, she'd be gone in a heartbeat. Sorry, Eucli.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

mikelf wrote:Do you really want to have to warn each and every new registrant that Eucli is a minor and not to send her pictures of their junk?
I know we're on the internet man, but really?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Oh, and welcome back everyone:

[youtube]SkoPfV5tjWo[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Seeing that "art" of the heroic FtB/Skepchick radfems bravely defending the cause by pointing umbrellas at rolling boulders gave me the itch to download Paint.NET and try it, per Ape+lust's suggestion. My first effort at layers and transparent backgrounds:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... d0d3a4.jpg

HA! HA!

OK, so it's extremely simple, total noob-level, but it's a start. Thanks Ape+lust, I'm going to have fun practicing with this!

Reap

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by Reap »

Pitchguest wrote:A little organisation to give him the cold shoulder? Done this before, has he?

check ur messages pitchguest

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Absurd Walls wrote:
To be clear, in my experience:

That man is black. <- fine
He is a black man. <- fine
He is a black. <- not fine
There is this racist guy on a right-wing forum that I read. This fellow does not consider himself to be racist. In fact, he thinks that he is rather charitable in his classification of all the 'coloreds'.

For example, good black people are referred to as 'blacks'. Bad black people are referred to as 'N******.' See, N** are just not good enough to be referred to by the classy term 'blacks'.

He has also gone on a long diatribe about how 'the orientals' are the best race, b/c they are hard working and not lazy like the N***.

But he's not racist!!!!

A Canadian anti-racist site, rather like the Southern Poverty Law Center, keeps an eye on this guy. He is threatening to sue them for defamation b/c they said he was RACIST. And damn it, he will not take the abuse lying down!!! He even went on to write a 2000 word essay about how usage of the N word is not racist, and here's why! The guy is nuts...

Anyways, no real reason to share this, other than to say 'boy people are fucked up.' Btw, the forum that this guy is a member of is a lot like FTB - they claim to be about 'free speech' but ban anyone who does not agree with them on every single issue.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Gumby wrote:Seeing that "art" of the heroic FtB/Skepchick radfems bravely defending the cause by pointing umbrellas at rolling boulders gave me the itch to download Paint.NET and try it, per Ape+lust's suggestion. My first effort at layers and transparent backgrounds:

HA! HA!

OK, so it's extremely simple, total noob-level, but it's a start. Thanks Ape+lust, I'm going to have fun practicing with this!
Anyone else spot Surly Amy breaking the harassment policy in this picture?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Hahahaha. Ass-grabbing is a no-no, Amy!

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Gumby wrote:Seeing that "art" of the heroic FtB/Skepchick radfems bravely defending the cause by pointing umbrellas at rolling boulders gave me the itch to download Paint.NET and try it, per Ape+lust's suggestion. My first effort at layers and transparent backgrounds:

HA! HA!

Anyone else spot Surly Amy breaking the harassment policy in this picture?
Question is, is Watson enjoying it?

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Gumby wrote:Hahahaha. Ass-grabbing is a no-no, Amy!
Grabbing?

I saw it as fisting... but that says more about me than Surly

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

justinvacula wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Oh fuck me, somebody give this a dramatic reading please. Something with a bit of Beethoven in the background.
Done. No music though.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I do think that's a really nicely-executed picture. Can't quite make out which one is Jen Mcreight in it, but the other key players are easy to spot. It's a good piece of art.

I don't agree with the message. I assume the people on the top of the hill are the men? None of them are marching with the girls. Or it might just be the misogynist men? The message is clearly that those guys up the top are in an elevated (privileged) position and are throwing rocks down at the Skepchicks etc. to keep them from getting up there... but that's not what is going on. They're all already at the top of their hill, if that's the metaphor you want. But in that case they're not going anywhere.

The reality is more like a group of people travelling together through a jungle, and bumping into other people who might be fellow travellers trying to find a way out or who might be looking to eat you in your sleep (hm... which side has the professed cannibal?). Some bits of the journey are done together, and some bits are done apart. The problem is when one group starts cutting down the precarious rope bridges over the crevasses, and informing the natives that the other travellers coming up behind them want to murder everybody.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Damn it! Meant to say that it needs a touch more hysteria. I believe the Critical G might have some extra on hand.

Apples

Judgy Bumblebee, Wooly Bitch

Post by Apples »

Another Lurker wrote:I'll just leave this here:

In that post Avicenna links to this article by "Judgy Bitch" ...

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/yo ... -the-club/ ...

and claims it is by Wooly Bumblebee. AFAIK Judgy Bitch is not Wooly Bumblebee?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Gumby wrote:Hahahaha. Ass-grabbing is a no-no, Amy!
She might have had enthusiastic consent. Hard to say...

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:I'll just leave this here:

The relevant excerpt:
ou are always judged by the company you keep and I have slowly come to notice that the company that many naysayers against Free Thought Blogs and the like are not acceptable. The argument one individual from the slymepit made was “free speech”, well we have free speech here.

Watch this. I think Atheism Plus is heavily mishandled and it’s pure utilisation of safe zones makes debate and discourse impossible. In addition it takes a very very protectionist attitude to both culture and a purely western attitude towards feminism which is simply not universal or applicable in every situation. However due to the lack of any actual method of discourse there is no way to create active change through it. It is unfortunately a pure academic form of feminism and is unsuitable for punching out gender discrepancies in third world nations. It’s participants have little actual experience in field work and from experience are unwilling to defer to anyone who is outside the sphere of their security nor were they willing to grasp that principles are great if you can afford to have them. I have even spoken out explicitly against their cultural/race aspect of their movement because a lot of it tries to paint culture with a big fuck off brush rather than realising individual nuance.

Oh look! It’s a stance I have stated before I moved here. At no point was I ever hassled by the “FTBullies”. In fact my interviewer was Stephanie Zvan and when I specifically mentioned my apprehension with Atheism Plus we discussed precisely the above statement.

Oh look it’s genuine criticism of the movement. I have also disagreed with people like Taslima on Prostitution and Ian Cromwell on race. But the thing is through it all we have been specific about what we dislike about the other’s work. We haven’t stooped to personal attacks (Although I did offer to have a “shout racial slurs at each other till we both lose” contest with Ian),

I am not part of A+, but neither am I in the camp of the Slymepit because of the company they keep.

Stephanie Zvan survived sexual assault. But she was drunk. Oh noes! The Slut! When a Man is Drunk and Gets Laid He Taketh Responsibility! Right boys?

Many Slymepitters are represented at AVfM. Reap and Wooly Bumblebee and Astrokid who you may remember from my take on their work.

But because of free speech they get to say what they like. Free speech is fine, in fact that’s why I am examining a more flexible comment policy because I think I can do better (Hah! Suck it popular bloggers! My comments threads may be relatively empty but they will be elegant!) to give everyone the best of both worlds.

Comment I left replicated here:
<blockquote>Many Slymepitters are represented at AVfM. Reap and Wooly Bumblebee and Astrokid who you may remember from my take on their work.</blockquote>

"Many", and you list three. Wow, talk about a horde. Actually, you missed some, the number may be as high as ten. Hide your children.

However, two can play at that game:

Many FTB'ers agreed with Greg Laden when he both threatened and attempted to PSTD-trigger Justin Griffith. Therefore, judging you by "the company you keep", it is justifiable to toss you into that bin, and assume that because you are also a part of FTB, you too support threatening people and triggering their PTSD.

See how easy it is? It's utter nonsense for the same reason your tarring of all the 'pit (by the way, it's <I>mildew</I> pit now. Keep up) as card carrying MRAs is.

You spend a lot of time trying to show how FTB is not a hive mind, then you immediately march forth and declare the 'pit to be a hive mind of MRAs. Good job there, not even a hint of self-awareness. Also, nice job of bragging about what a cocksman you are:

<blockquote>You want to know something funny? At no point has anyone ever thrown themselves at me because of my degrees. It’s always been because of my winning personality and sense of humour. I used to get women to sleep with me through the art of conversation, wit and being honest about things. It’s never been about me or my degree or my athletic skill. It’s always been because I am genuinely nice. Now I have noticed women who do sleep with these guys and if that brings them happiness then godspeed ladies, but more often than not it’s because they buy into the stupid Alpha male concept and forget that confidence isn’t arrogance. Real confidence is knowing what your limitations are. And we all have limitations. Real confidence isn’t denigrating other people but letting them shine too.</blockquote>

You are truly the ultra-feminist. Double word score for the swipe at women who choose to have sex with men you disapprove of, because they're unable to tell the difference between "confident" men, (like you) and "arrogant" men, (not like you). I bet they're real pleased you think they're just too what, stupid? to make the"proper" choice.

You silver-tongued devil, I bet you have to make them take a number.

Of course, you could actually just talk to the people in the 'pit. But, since you know everything about everyone who posts there, I'm sure there's no point.

Oh and Julian, shouldn't you be out snapping necks?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

On the A+ forums, Orenda wins the cake:
The issue I'd like to see addressed, is the fact a mod gaslighted and lied not only too wind, but to all the members that aren't included in the secret forum!

I really don't expect anything will be done to reprimand that mod, considering it's the second class members of this forum that were being deceived and lied too.

I'm finding it difficult to believe anything the mods and insiders are saying at this point in time.
Why should I, you've just admitted to lying to me!

welch

Post by welch »

Sigh, stupid quote fail.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2013 ... -mcdonald/

Charges filed against FFRF banner vandal Joe McDonald

welch

Post by welch »

another lurker wrote:I'll just leave this here:

The relevant excerpt:

Comment i left there with quoting done correctly
<blockquote>Many Slymepitters are represented at AVfM. Reap and Wooly Bumblebee and Astrokid who you may remember from my take on their work.</blockquote>

"Many", and you list three. Wow, talk about a horde. Actually, you missed some, the number may be as high as ten. Hide your children.

However, two can play at that game:

Many FTB'ers agreed with Greg Laden when he both threatened and attempted to PSTD-trigger Justin Griffith. Therefore, judging you by "the company you keep", it is justifiable to toss you into that bin, and assume that because you are also a part of FTB, you too support threatening people and triggering their PTSD.

See how easy it is? It's utter nonsense for the same reason your tarring of all the 'pit (by the way, it's <I>mildew</I> pit now. Keep up) as card carrying MRAs is.

You spend a lot of time trying to show how FTB is not a hive mind, then you immediately march forth and declare the 'pit to be a hive mind of MRAs. Good job there, not even a hint of self-awareness. Also, nice job of bragging about what a cocksman you are:

<blockquote>You want to know something funny? At no point has anyone ever thrown themselves at me because of my degrees. It’s always been because of my winning personality and sense of humour. I used to get women to sleep with me through the art of conversation, wit and being honest about things. It’s never been about me or my degree or my athletic skill. It’s always been because I am genuinely nice. Now I have noticed women who do sleep with these guys and if that brings them happiness then godspeed ladies, but more often than not it’s because they buy into the stupid Alpha male concept and forget that confidence isn’t arrogance. Real confidence is knowing what your limitations are. And we all have limitations. Real confidence isn’t denigrating other people but letting them shine too.</blockquote>

You are truly the ultra-feminist. Double word score for the swipe at women who choose to have sex with men you disapprove of, because they're unable to tell the difference between "confident" men, (like you) and "arrogant" men, (not like you). I bet they're real pleased you think they're just too what, stupid? to make the"proper" choice.

You silver-tongued devil, I bet you have to make them take a number.

Of course, you could actually just talk to the people in the 'pit. But, since you know everything about everyone who posts there, I'm sure there's no point.

Oh and Julian, shouldn't you be out snapping necks?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

FFRF banner vandal Joe McDonald organizes ‘Gun Appreciation Day’ rally

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2013 ... day-rally/

http://i.imgur.com/nTf8ClU.jpg

Photo credit: The Citizen's Voice

decius

Post by decius »

justinvacula wrote:FFRF banner vandal Joe McDonald organizes ‘Gun Appreciation Day’ rally

That's a stunning image. Are American cities beginning to look like Kandahar?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I would also vote (and I have supported this idea earlier) for the banning of Eucliwood until she reaches 18. I am absolutely capable of sticking her on my Foes list without a big whine about it but I think there are definite issues with having a minor on an adult forum. It has fuck all to do with her behavior and everything to do with legality. Lsuoma you were quick to shut down a bloke who accidentally linked to CP - this is a very similar situation: it is a legal liability.

That's my 2cs.
EdgePenguin wrote:Status in atheist activist organisations, or in the conference 'scene' does not translate to status in any other walk of life. Nobody gives a shit. So what could easily happen is that professional scientists, engineers, science writers etc. walk away from a group that doesn't want them, and everyone who is left behind is a blogger/professional conference goer with a communications degree.

So I think its actually quite likely PZ and his faction could win; but their victory would get rid of all the people who are relevant in the real world, and turn all their organisations and conference into a giant circle-jerk/pyramid scheme*
I could see this happening - they already seem to have a strangehold on the conference circuit. In a way I don't think it matters. Science and atheism is... kinda mainstream these days, and there are so many places now to have adult discussions about atheist topics.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

justinvacula wrote:FFRF banner vandal Joe McDonald organizes ‘Gun Appreciation Day’ rally

Wait, so who has scary enemies again?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Over at A+, Ceepolk is gaslighting Wind like CRAZY:
and I'm really, *Really* fucking sorry that the JREF has turned on you. I know you liked that place and you were very enthusiastic about it. I'm so damn sorry they didn't deserve your admiration, Wind. So sorry.

Post by Guest »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/R9iAFRU.jpg

Escalate online harassment, hatred, and abuse?

Helping to create an environment in which it's awesome to threaten to throw acid? (Since when was there a threat, anyway?)
You know they're going to quote mine this, right?

--reddit visitor

Apples

Post by Apples »

AbsurdWalls wrote:Over at A+, Ceepolk is gaslighting Wind like CRAZY:
and I'm really, *Really* fucking sorry that the JREF has turned on you. I know you liked that place and you were very enthusiastic about it. I'm so damn sorry they didn't deserve your admiration, Wind. So sorry.
Ceepolk is the worst of the worst of the worst. When A+ finally implodes/ends-with-a-whimper, everyone will know whom to blame.

Apples

Judged by the Company you Queef

Post by Apples »

welch wrote:Comment i left there with quoting done correctly
Hey welch - am I crazy, or is Avicenna totally misattributing those quotes and that article to Wooly Bumblebee?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Apples wrote:
Ceepolk is the worst of the worst of the worst. When A+ finally implodes/ends-with-a-whimper, everyone will know whom to blame.
I'm pretty sure JREF has done nothing to Wind, but it is the only external factor that Ceepolk can think of that might have turned Wind against A+ (i.e. a JREF member must have put Wind up to it). I think it might be a strategy so if Wind responds and says "JREF has nothing to do with this!" they can narrow down how Wind might have found out.

Or something.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Another experiment with layers/transparency:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 18c9ad.jpg

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

HA! HA!

The thing about that image for me is, that every one of the cretins it depicts probably thinks that it's a realistic representation of actual combat. They really do take the SJW thing literally and see themselves as heroes.
One of the couples we were hanging out with last night has a special needs child who is now chronologically twenty but will never advance mentally past the age of about eighteen months.They take care of him everyday and all that entails and will do that for the rest of their lives. They are heroes, not these wastes of space.
Of the baboons in the picture, I think Watson is a self-aware con-artist possessed of a certain venal cunning, who cares not one bit about any of the actual issues beyond their immediate utility in keeping her own personal gravy train running. The rest are over-privileged, poisonously spoiled, overgrown children with a pathological sense of entitlement that would embarrass Paris Hilton.
They get to sit around wailing, and whining, and diligently avoiding any form of, oh, I don't know, work or other socially useful activity, in no small part because other people have actually charged up hills under fire. People who have died, or been crippled, or maimed in order to protect others and who the SJW crowd would gladly spit on from behind their smug shield of gender privilege.

Done. I'm in an unusually foul mood with these fucks right now. Sorry.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

AbsurdWalls wrote:On the A+ forums, Orenda wins the cake:
The issue I'd like to see addressed, is the fact a mod gaslighted and lied not only too wind, but to all the members that aren't included in the secret forum!

I really don't expect anything will be done to reprimand that mod, considering it's the second class members of this forum that were being deceived and lied too.

I'm finding it difficult to believe anything the mods and insiders are saying at this point in time.
Why should I, you've just admitted to lying to me!
This is could be the end of the A+ forum. The ones who have access to the secret forum will continue to post there and those left on the public forum will feel left out and leave.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

decius wrote:

That's a stunning image. Are American cities beginning to look like Kandahar?
Not yet. I give it not more than five years. We're out of here in ten weeks.
Anyone want to buy and AK-47 (and extensive accoutrements)?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

I have started collecting potential Slymepit logos in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=238&p=52706#p52706

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Gefan wrote: The thing about that image for me is, that every one of the cretins it depicts probably thinks that it's a realistic representation of actual combat. They really do take the SJW thing literally and see themselves as heroes.
One of the couples we were hanging out with last night has a special needs child who is now chronologically twenty but will never advance mentally past the age of about eighteen months.They take care of him everyday and all that entails and will do that for the rest of their lives. They are heroes, not these wastes of space.
Of the baboons in the picture, I think Watson is a self-aware con-artist possessed of a certain venal cunning, who cares not one bit about any of the actual issues beyond their immediate utility in keeping her own personal gravy train running. The rest are over-privileged, poisonously spoiled, overgrown children with a pathological sense of entitlement that would embarrass Paris Hilton.
They get to sit around wailing, and whining, and diligently avoiding any form of, oh, I don't know, work or other socially useful activity, in no small part because other people have actually charged up hills under fire. People who have died, or been crippled, or maimed in order to protect others and who the SJW crowd would gladly spit on from behind their smug shield of gender privilege.

The image reminds me, at least in spirit, of old communist revolution propaganda posters.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbxbu ... o1_500.jpg

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Gumby wrote:
Gefan wrote: The thing about that image for me is, that every one of the cretins it depicts probably thinks that it's a realistic representation of actual combat. They really do take the SJW thing literally and see themselves as heroes.

The image reminds me, at least in spirit, of old communist revolution propaganda posters.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbxbu ... o1_500.jpg
These posters are beautiful. They have a collection of slightly later ones at the Ashmolean in Oxford.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Gumby wrote:Another experiment with layers/transparency:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 18c9ad.jpg
I wanna see and you're gonna give me one huge Slymepit in this motherfucker!

[youtube]mp1TmPo35yM[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

AbsurdWalls wrote:I have started collecting potential Slymepit logos in this thread:

Good idea, and thanks for including my amateurish attempt! :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Apples wrote:
Ceepolk is malicious scum, Flewellyn is a dishonest, inept oaf and Submor is a sophist fart.
All of them are bullies and all of them deserve the shame and humiliation that is occurring, in public view, right now.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:I have started collecting potential Slymepit logos in this thread:

Gumby, you are scary now! I miss the tubby kitty:(

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

justinvacula wrote: I wanna see and you're gonna give me one huge Slymepit in this motherfucker!

[slymetube]mp1TmPo35yM[/slymetube]
:lol: Not exactly my cup of tea, but love the slime pit reference.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: Gumby, you are scary now! I miss the tubby kitty:(
Never fear, I have another Gumby kitteh pic lined up for when I get tired of Khan.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

AbsurdWalls wrote: These posters are beautiful. They have a collection of slightly later ones at the Ashmolean in Oxford.
I get a kick out of them. They're so stylized and glorious.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Gumby wrote:

A tip for mixing black outlines with colour. Make the black outline on its own layer, place it above the layer with the colours on it, and set the black outline layer to "multiply".

Back when I used to do graphic stuff, I would do a scrappy pencil drawing on a piece of paper first. Then I'd scan that drawing into my computer and change the pencil marks to be very light blue. Then I'd print out that sort of guide-page and ink over it with my final lines. Scanning that back into the computer and thresholding the image (use the levels/histogram function) takes away the lighter guidelines. Then I would set the inked drawing as a multiply layer over a bunch of other (blank) layers, and start digitally colouring in *under* the outline in the layers beneath it. That way you don't have to worry about going over the lines etc.

decius

Post by decius »

AbsurdWalls wrote:

Back when I used to do graphic stuff, I would do a scrappy pencil drawing on a piece of paper first. Then I'd scan that drawing into my computer and change the pencil marks to be very light blue. Then I'd print out that sort of guide-page and ink over it with my final lines. Scanning that back into the computer and thresholding the image (use the levels/histogram function) takes away the lighter guidelines. Then I would set the inked drawing as a multiply layer over a bunch of other (blank) layers, and start digitally colouring in *under* the outline in the layers beneath it. That way you don't have to worry about going over the lines etc.

Actually, photoeditors aren't used for that kind of work, period. Illustrator or Coreldraw are the tools of the trade.