The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Old subthreads
Skep tickle

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by Skep tickle »

Tkmlac wrote:I read that little post by PZ about his self-importance. I could almost see him dribbling from his mouth as he furiously typed, laughing maniacally when he hit send. I browsed the comments and saw the ban hammer come down on Long after just one civil comment. PZ is losing it.
It's hilarious, including how it takes till comment #20 for the sentiment of the mob to turn, as the realization spreads through their ranks that the "pro" Tina Fey, in her "skewering" some guy with "good snark" (all those quotes are from PZ's opening post), does so by calling his MOTHER a WHORE. (There, PZ, I used CAPS. Happy now?)

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Skep tickle wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:For those interested: http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks I'm shooting for a $5K goal and will do my level best to put this out anywhere and everywhere. Shoes are shit. A child's smile is worth more than $260 shoes :)
Copying your post & link into the new thread for ongoing reference.

The group's donations are up to 3 Flooglehoover shoes now. (Two lefts and a right.)
I believe that means we have, in one day, achieved more to further humanist goals in the real world than did Atheism+ (2012-2013 RIP) in it's entire existence.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Notung wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:I read that little post by PZ about his self-importance. I could almost see him dribbling from his mouth as he furiously typed, laughing maniacally when he hit send. I browsed the comments and saw the ban hammer come down on Long after just one civil comment. PZ is losing it.
For the reason that Long is a 'slymepitter'. I'm not sure what that means any more, since Long has never posted here.
"You" in PZ's comment, capped below, is "Ryan Long", so well camouflaged here that we've never seen him:

http://i.imgur.com/egrqg.png

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Sylvia Sybil worries that talking about giving birth is erasing of trans* folk.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3528

http://i.imgur.com/4yTD0.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Skep tickle wrote:[spoiler]
Notung wrote:
For the reason that Long is a 'slymepitter'. I'm not sure what that means any more, since Long has never posted here.
"You" in PZ's comment, capped below, is "Ryan Long", so well camouflaged here that we've never seen him:

http://i.imgur.com/egrqg.png[/spoiler]
I feel sort of sorry for PZ. He is a small town academic who became incredibly popular in a relatively short space of time, and who had probably never been popular before. He came to believe the adulation and his status as a demi-god, and that his pronouncements were as the beatitudes of free and progressive thought. He flew too high, and is now crashing and burning.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

KiwiInOz wrote:Our Bureau of Meteorology has had to add new colours to its weather forecasting charts because of the possibility of temps going above 50 degrees Celsius in the current heat wave. ...

:shock: :o :shock: :o

I missed the significance of this # the first time I read it, being used to F not C.

OMFG, that's unbearably hot.

People (not to mention animals & plants) are going to suffer, and die, in heat like that. (If they are already, & I missed it, apologies.)

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

What we have here is a failure to fucking communicate.

I hate this mangling of English, these apologies for language, this fucking incredible wank.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Notung wrote:
I'd give him an honorary title I'd he'd take it. He fits the bill: encourages debate, uses a calm tone when responding to PZ and the like, doesn't take their claims as Word. How dare he be so reasonable!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Eucliwood wrote:Now I'm having perverted fantasies in which Jason Thibeault does not accept my apology, and pushes me and tells me to get out of his meeting or something... and then I walk away and he finds me crying after... and then I tell him I didn't mean it... and then he decides to accept my apology and tells me that he was just pissed off that time was wasted on a conflict like that if only I had watched the video... and then we cuddle or something else physically intimate...
Sorry, I always auto imagine scenarios, perverted or not.
What the-

Uh...this was asked by others in the other thread, and I didn't stick around long to see if you answered, so I'll ask again:

As succinctly as humanly possible, can you say how old you are...and/or what you're smoking? http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... ferent.gif

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

JackRayner wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:Now I'm having perverted fantasies in which Jason Thibeault does not accept my apology, and pushes me and tells me to get out of his meeting or something... and then I walk away and he finds me crying after... and then I tell him I didn't mean it... and then he decides to accept my apology and tells me that he was just pissed off that time was wasted on a conflict like that if only I had watched the video... and then we cuddle or something else physically intimate...
What the-

Uh...this was asked by others in the other thread, and I didn't stick around long to see if you answered, so I'll ask again:

As succinctly as humanly possible, can you say how old you are...and/or what you're smoking? http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... ferent.gif
There just wasn't quite enough madness distilled in that one quoted paragraph was there?
No, you just had to go and ask for more...

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Skep tickle wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Our Bureau of Meteorology has had to add new colours to its weather forecasting charts because of the possibility of temps going above 50 degrees Celsius in the current heat wave. ...

I missed the significance of this # the first time I read it, being used to F not C.

People (not to mention animals & plants) are going to suffer, and die, in heat like that. (If they are already, & I missed it, apologies.)
Actually, it could be worse. Ill take the 50 degrees compared to being on fire.

Which sadly is a massive problem right now.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Skep tickle wrote:

While not quite 50oC here in Sydney...it did reach just over 40oC.....and I'm close to the water. Out west would have been much worse.

Would hate to be in the bush today.

I've had to water down the house because it's like an oven inside. Now off to have a cool shower and go find somewhere air conditioned and someone to cook dinner for me.

I sweat easily and find 27oC too hot...today has been miserable.

My two dogs are fine.... we found a cool spot on the non carpeted floor and had a bit of a lay down.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Had to call parents and inlaws (Australian based) to make sure they weren't on fire. :/ Getting lots of pictures from friends as they watch fires descend over the mountains toward them. LITTLE BIT FUCKED UP OVER THERE.

Might note also that Elevatorgate has coyly alluded to his age as being "very close to Rhys"'s.

I am sort of betting on 14-15. I still think he's sweet. XD

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Has noone noticed that his own minions have turned on him?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

My theory is now that PZ is a poe.

He harps on for months and months about sexist jokes and anyone who says anything ever is a misogynist and them BAM! he plugs a female comedian making a whore joke in response to a misogynist troll.

And then they start ranting at him.

Yes, PZ this is what you have created.

Images below.

[spoiler]
PZ1.png
(56.53 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
PZ2.png
(52.59 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
PZ3.png
(41.11 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
[/spoiler]

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

somedumbguy wrote:Sylvia Sybil worries that talking about giving birth is erasing of trans* folk.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Screw it. Let's not use words ever again. Using words ERASES people. Stop it!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Rocko, I don't visit FTB, but I'm actually tempted to because I'm having real fucking trouble believing what you've just c/ped in there. I mean... writing someone to "educate them" on jokes. I... have no words. It's fucking wretched.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

With the reported low activity over at the A+ forum.... just wondering if they may have gone underground/private somewhere else. I was also wondering if the real intent of the A+ forums was to quarantine a section of the commentators away from FTB in order to distance some of the nuttier ones away under the guise of "safe space".

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

rocko2466 wrote:Has noone noticed that his own minions have turned on him?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments

My theory is now that PZ is a poe.

He harps on for months and months about sexist jokes and anyone who says anything ever is a misogynist and them BAM! he plugs a female comedian making a whore joke in response to a misogynist troll.

And then they start ranting at him.

Images below.

[spoiler]
PZ1.png
PZ2.png
PZ3.png
[/spoiler]
re: that last comment. I don't think Tina Fey gives one shit about the undercurrents of the atheist and skeptic community and didn't, and probably wouldn't, ask for the full weight of our support. These people are so damn self-important.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

rocko2466 wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Sylvia Sybil worries that talking about giving birth is erasing of trans* folk.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Do they even know any Transfolk? Because the ones I know would not give a fuck and would probably be offended that someone would presume them so fragile as to need protection from words relating to reproduction.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

rocko2466 wrote:Has noone noticed that his own minions have turned on him? ...
Post #121 above (you asked...)

Thanks for capping the responses.
rocko2466 wrote:My theory is now that PZ is a poe.

Not a Poe. A 50-something white guy who's trying to be picture-perfect PC feminist, and rally his "base", but reverts to original programming from time to time.
rocko2466 wrote:And then they start ranting at him.

I'm a little surprised they aren't being harder on him, but there's still time. :popcorn:

I like his attempt at persuading them that Tina Fey's reply to the guy is PERFECT as-is, by pointing to a specific line in the guy's letter and analyzing her response. PZ, this is a pack of dogs you've created. They're looking for red meat, not some sad attempt at humor analysis.
rayshul wrote:Rocko, I don't visit FTB, but I'm actually tempted to because I'm having real fucking trouble believing what you've just c/ped in there. I mean... writing someone to "educate them" on jokes. I... have no words. It's fucking wretched.
Yeah, and the one who wrote about Fey being a potentially good ally who just needs some teaching (A+ 101, evidently) - fer chrissake, she's a comedian, don't they know that doesn't go with "safe space" and "lockstep"?

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Skep tickle wrote:
rayshul wrote:Rocko, I don't visit FTB, but I'm actually tempted to because I'm having real fucking trouble believing what you've just c/ped in there. I mean... writing someone to "educate them" on jokes. I... have no words. It's fucking wretched.
Yeah, and the one who wrote about Fey being a potentially good ally who just needs some teaching (A+ 101, evidently) - fer chrissake, she's a comedian, don't they know that doesn't go with "safe space" and "lockstep"?
They understand comedy. Jokes are how the patriarchy keeps women down, you know.

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

I think it would be hilarious if they wrote her, having the audacity to try to "educate her" about her response written in a book called "bossypants" about the kind of mail she gets. I suspect the irony escapes them.

sacha

Post by sacha »

is it sleeping?

Notung

Post by Notung »

It's funny that they seem to think she's talking about Reap Paden (somehow), and that they think she's an 'ally'. I suspect she'd think they're nuts like most others do. Call it a hunch.

By the way, Ryan Grant Long designed the Skeptic Ink logo. I think it's brilliant. He's also got a Women's Studies degree, identifies as 'feminist' (I think), and actually seems to know what he's talking about when discussing it. No wonder they don't like him.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

rocko2466 wrote:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

There is some seriously fucked thinking about language – a large part of the blame for which can be laid at the doorstep of postmodernism – and Atheism Plus is only one of the more egregious examples. Here’s another amusing one from Offbeat Empire on the meaning of “derp”, although the quote refers to another bastardization of the language:
When it comes to reader sensitivities about problematic words, I almost always err on the side of extreme caution. The phrase "illegal immigrant" was immediately changed to "undocumented immigrant" when a reader emailed with concerns.
So there aren’t any crimes any more, only “undocumented” transgressions of one kind or another.

Rather surprising because they had an interesting post on privilege that had been touted and discussed favourably here not long ago.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

sacha wrote:is it sleeping?
I believe so.

sacha

Post by sacha »

rayshul wrote:
I believe so.
shhhh

thank fuck it sleeps

sacha

Post by sacha »

Rystefn wrote:
...and that's how Eucli killed the Slymepit. The end.
that's what I've been thinking for days

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

[youtube]5wzdJmhCWkY[/youtube]

Quick one from Justicar.

I really don't understand the logic of these people. Banning words does nothing - it's just fucking annoying.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

rayshul wrote:5wzdJmhCWkY

Quick one from Justicar.

I really don't understand the logic of these people. Banning words does nothing - it's just fucking annoying.
Like everything else they do? I think they have some sort of compulsion to ineffective bullshit.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Reap wrote:We should call this thread "An incredible display of logic and reason" that would drive some people crazy. Or we could call it "Zeke"
just kidding
FFTB. FreeFluevogsThanksBitches

comslave

Post by comslave »

Tkmlac wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Do they even know any Transfolk? Because the ones I know would not give a fuck and would probably be offended that someone would presume them so fragile as to need protection from words relating to reproduction.
Cissexism? Seriously? Soon it's all going to sound like baby talk. :(

franc

Post by franc »

Metalogic42 wrote:
welch wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Just posting to check out my sig. Let me know if it's too big and annoying.
it's not nearly as big as [spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]
Oh really? Why don't you
[spoiler]prove it.[/spoiler]
Yo...

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/MVjYk.jpg[/spoiler]

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

TheMan wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

While not quite 50oC here in Sydney...it did reach just over 40oC.....and I'm close to the water. Out west would have been much worse.

Would hate to be in the bush today.

I've had to water down the house because it's like an oven inside. Now off to have a cool shower and go find somewhere air conditioned and someone to cook dinner for me.

I sweat easily and find 27oC too hot...today has been miserable.

My two dogs are fine.... we found a cool spot on the non carpeted floor and had a bit of a lay down.
Yep. Was the hottest recorded day for NSW ever. The hottest temp recorded in rural parts of Oz was 48.8oC.
I'm in the CBD of Sydney. Just walking up to the inner city area was a task today.
whew!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

[youtube]a9et9kPmFDY[/youtube]

Catching up on youtube videos at the moment, and there's another good one from Justicar which relates to the fucking insanity of trying to find token members of everything.

franc

Post by franc »

decius wrote:Eucliwood, continue to be an obnoxious moron on purpose and you'll be driven out.
Fuck - just unhid a random comment (she's whining for you to leave her alone in case you care which).

The loser has broken the 400 post barrier in 2 weeks. That's a world heavyweight title ranked peabrain/attention whore.

Hard to imagine getting inside the head of someone who churns out 30 posts a day (at this site alone) and sincerely believes that each of them is necessary and has value added content. Here's a vid for Eucli -

[spoiler][youtube]95p9osuowGI [/youtube][/spoiler]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote:
decius wrote:Eucliwood, continue to be an obnoxious moron on purpose and you'll be driven out.
Fuck - just unhid a random comment (she's whining for you to leave her alone in case you care which).

The loser has broken the 400 post barrier in 2 weeks. That's a world heavyweight title ranked peabrain/attention whore.

Hard to imagine getting inside the head of someone who churns out 30 posts a day (at this site alone) and sincerely believes that each of them is necessary and has value added content. Here's a vid for Eucli -

[spoiler][youtube]95p9osuowGI [/youtube][/spoiler]
You’re a real piece of work there franc – what’s next? “Go die in a fire”? “Take this porcupine and shove it”?

What was it that that “Cross-eyed bear” woman said about you?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I couldn't resist.
I don’t think Ryan Long’s a slymepitter. I’ve checked and haven’t seen him there.

Also, P.Z.’s right – that is a funny joke about the hate-mailer’s mum.

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Reap Paden do anything sexist. Are we talking about the same guy?
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-530969

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

That Tina Fey thread is hilarious.
They are seriously proposing to write to her to teach her how to do comedy correctly?
Ha!

If you think Tina calling that guy's mother a whore was enough to get them enraged I dread to imagine what's going to happen when they read the section about breastfeeding, taken from the same book.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/20 ... y-comedian

One of my 500 nicknames for my daughter is Midge, which is short for Midget, because she was a very small baby. She was born a week early and a little underweight at 5lb 7oz. My obstetrician suggested the next day at her bedside visit that perhaps I hadn't rested enough during my pregnancy and that was why she was so small. "What a cunt," I thought to myself in what was either a flash of postpartum hormones or an accurate assessment of my doctor's personality.
What a cunt?

Tina Fey
Honorary Slymepitter

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

DownThunder wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

Actually, it could be worse. Ill take the 50 degrees compared to being on fire.

Which sadly is a massive problem right now.
I'm not that far north of the Wandandian fire. It's 7pm and the temperature is still in the high 30s.

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

Why FFTB should get to determine who is in a position of leadership in any secular/atheist movement:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... sionalism/

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Hey - skip to the bold part.

Critical thinking clue: naming the fallacy you're about to commit doesn't mean you haven't committed a fallacy.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2013/ ... does-work/

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

They've scared off another: http://freethoughtblogs.com/tokenskeptic/

Or we have.

Depending on who you listen to.

windy

Post by windy »

It's happened before- search for "Bunnygate".

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Am I the only person who read the title of Svans latest hit piece

"What Melody Hensley Has to Teach You About Professionalism"

...and automatically assumed it was the first half of a statement that should finish:

"could be printed on the back of a postage stamp. In extra-large-sized font."?

sacha

Heatstroke In Dogs

Post by sacha »

UnbelieveSteve wrote: Yep. Was the hottest recorded day for NSW ever. The hottest temp recorded in rural parts of Oz was 48.8oC.
I'm in the CBD of Sydney. Just walking up to the inner city area was a task today.
whew!
UnbelieveSteve wrote:My two dogs are fine.... we found a cool spot on the non carpeted floor and had a bit of a lay down.
wet them down cool water, not icy*. Don't drape wet towels, or any cloth over them for more than about a minute. put them in front of a fan when they are wet. You can wipe their paw pads, groin, and ears with rubbing alcohol.

They don't have sweat glands (yes I know about their pads), and they dehydrate extremely easily. Heat stroke in dogs can happen quick, in 6 minutes quick. If they reach 104 degrees Farenheit/40 degrees Celcius heat stroke begins.
At 106 to 108 degrees, the dog begins to suffer irreversible damage to the kidneys, liver, gastrointestinal tract, heart and brain.

If a dog is experiencing heatstroke, you may observe excessive panting; hyperventilation; increased salivation; dry gums that become pale, grayish and tacky; rapid or erratic pulse; weakness; confusion; inattention; vomiting; diarrhea; and possible rectal bleeding. If the dog continues to overheat, breathing efforts become slowed or absent, and finally, seizures or coma can occur.
http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-health/do ... guide.aspx

*extreme cold makes blood vessels constrict, which slows down heat dissipation.

Notung

Post by Notung »

windy wrote:
And I loved the episode (let's face it, it's a soap opera) where the geneticist was arguing with the commenters about the meaning of 'phenotype', and they were accusing him of not knowing what he was talking about and not being a real geneticist. That was, until PZ was forced to step in to say that actually he knew the geneticist in real life, and that he really did know what he was on about, and was using 'phenotype' properly!

Quite funny.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

rocko2466 wrote:They've scared off another: http://freethoughtblogs.com/tokenskeptic/

Or we have.

Depending on who you listen to.
She seems to have a medical problem that makes typing difficult.
She also mentioned being frustrated by the online negativity and the lack of concentration on real problems (an example of a real problem was the Indian rape case - but isn't that a "Dear Muslima" response?)
I've read her before and didn't feel she was joining in with the FTB mob - she tried to be neutral.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Yep - she's mates with Barbara Drescher and the TAM lot I think, but as an FTBer she seems neutral to me. By the way, look at her comment policy. I get a mention!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

:lol:
Gefan wrote:
JackRayner wrote:[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
What the-

There just wasn't quite enough madness distilled in that one quoted paragraph was there?
No, you just had to go and ask for more...
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... /rofl2.gif

Really though, my favorite part of that is this;
and then we cuddle or something else physically intimate
There's just something about the specificity of everything else before that makes that last bit hilarious to read.

sacha

Post by sacha »

windy, is that "Sexy Spock" in a racist hat?

I like it

UnbelieveSteve

Re: Heatstroke In Dogs

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

sacha wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote: Yep. Was the hottest recorded day for NSW ever. The hottest temp recorded in rural parts of Oz was 48.8oC.
whew!
UnbelieveSteve wrote:My two dogs are fine.... we found a cool spot on the non carpeted floor and had a bit of a lay down.
wet them down cool water, not icy*. Don't drape wet towels, or any cloth over them for more than about a minute. put them in front of a fan when they are wet. You can wipe their paw pads, groin, and ears with rubbing alcohol.

They don't have sweat glands (yes I know about their pads), and they dehydrate extremely easily. Heat stroke in dogs can happen quick, in 6 minutes quick. If they reach 104 degrees Farenheit/40 degrees Celcius heat stroke begins.
At 106 to 108 degrees, the dog begins to suffer irreversible damage to the kidneys, liver, gastrointestinal tract, heart and brain.

If a dog is experiencing heatstroke, you may observe excessive panting; hyperventilation; increased salivation; dry gums that become pale, grayish and tacky; rapid or erratic pulse; weakness; confusion; inattention; vomiting; diarrhea; and possible rectal bleeding. If the dog continues to overheat, breathing efforts become slowed or absent, and finally, seizures or coma can occur.
http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-health/do ... guide.aspx

*extreme cold makes blood vessels constrict, which slows down heat dissipation.
That's great advice, although i must add, i'm not the owner of the dogs. (misquote?)
"TheMan" is the dog owner in this instance. :)
The only pet i have at the mo is FfTB which provides hours of entertainment with zero upkeep.

windy

Post by windy »

sacha wrote:is that "Sexy Spock" in a racist hat?
Yes, isn't it great? It's from the notorious 'Chicago Mob planet' episode.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv8l8 ... o1_400.jpg

(Why "sexy Spock" though, is there such a thing as a non-sexy Spock??)

sacha

Re: Heatstroke In Dogs

Post by sacha »

UnbelieveSteve wrote:
That's great advice, although i must add, i'm not the owner of the dogs. (misquote?)
"TheMan" is the dog owner in this instance. :)
The only pet i have at the mo is FfTB which provides hours of entertainment with zero upkeep.
Oh.
Tell your friends who have dogs... Tell strangers who have dogs... just go wet down a dog and put him in front of a fan.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Notung wrote:
windy wrote:
And I loved the episode (let's face it, it's a soap opera) where the geneticist was arguing with the commenters about the meaning of 'phenotype', and they were accusing him of not knowing what he was talking about and not being a real geneticist. That was, until PZ was forced to step in to say that actually he knew the geneticist in real life, and that he really did know what he was on about, and was using 'phenotype' properly!

Quite funny.

Haha. That's funny. I was told by an acquaintance that she rarely posts on Pharyngula, because the commentariat is so bloody brilliant that "great minds will analyze my every word." The sad thing is, she's just as smart as they are, and certainly more reasonable, but she is intimidated by their pack-dog mentality.

BTW its 2:30 am here and the Department of Highways snowplow has been sitting in my driveway for 3 hours. At first I thought he was stuck, but I don't think that's the case. Now it's just creepy. Though I suspect he is playing hooky, and relaxing in my driveway rather than go out and plow the highway.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Skep tickle wrote:

Harden the fuck up.
It is only 123+℉ in the shade.
A good excuse to suck more Coopers' Ale, not that one needs an excuse.

sacha

Post by sacha »

windy wrote:
sacha wrote:is that "Sexy Spock" in a racist hat?
Yes, isn't it great? It's from the notorious 'Chicago Mob planet' episode

(Why "sexy Spock" though, is there such a thing as a non-sexy Spock??)
nope. Even better in that suit and hat though.

His cool detachment and otherworldly logic make for a fantastic character study. He is the perfect example of how reserve and quiet in a character can say so much.
Mr. Spock, who can, despite his wispy frame, military press a 300-pound boulder without so much as a quivering upper lip. And Spock, like the chess master he is, is one of those guys that you know will always be able to outthink you.
Spock is menacing because he isn't rattled by anything and because he doesn't talk about what he does or doesn't know. You know that he could pull your legs off and kick what's left of your ass with them and his heart rate will never increase.

In the John Wayne way, you could see getting into a fight with Kirk and then having a beer with him after. But I dare you to find anybody you know who would actually want to fuck with Mr. Spock.
http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_po ... g-mr-spock

and apparently that " once every seven years" is a fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pon_farr

Mister Spock is my type.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Notung wrote:Yep - she's mates with Barbara Drescher and the TAM lot I think, but as an FTBer she seems neutral to me. By the way, look at her comment policy. I get a mention!
I quite like Sturgess. Actually, it was her reasonable defence of Sara Mayhew, and the awful (but usual) response she got that completely turned me off PZ and his blog's commentators:
Kylie Sturgess wrote:“Lying fuckface.”
“Sit down and shut up you lying piece of shit”

Yes, thanks for demonstrating the kind of respect that we have come to expect towards women like Sara Mayhew, who have and will present at an Amazing Meeting, rather than helping with the matter.

PZ – seriously, this is acceptable to you?
I just couldn't take their claims of moral superiority seriously after that.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Kylie Sturgess is injured and isn't asking for donations!

Why...the nerve of that woman!