The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Old subthreads
Outwest

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by Outwest »

fascination wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
fascination wrote:Rystefn, you're on my contact list. Do you like the Skype sesssions? I'm going to try to fit one in soon when Im feeling better.
Yeah. Lots of laughs, occasionally productive discussions about how to deal with things, Phil's sexy accent... we've got it all and then some.
I'll have to try it out. I need to pick up a better mic this weekend though. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of mic to get? Is a gaming headset okay? That's what I had but it broke.
I just purchased the Blue Yeti, recommended by welch. I'll have it on Wednesday and I hope it's better than ,y gaming headset. It should be...

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

BTW, I discovered recently that I've been blocked on Twitter by Rhys Morgan, despite the fact that I've never tweeted him. I can only assume he's adopting the Malardy Helsing approach of pre-emptively blocking everyone following Elevatorgate.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:[spoiler]
Notung wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:I read that little post by PZ about his self-importance. I could almost see him dribbling from his mouth as he furiously typed, laughing maniacally when he hit send. I browsed the comments and saw the ban hammer come down on Long after just one civil comment. PZ is losing it.
For the reason that Long is a 'slymepitter'. I'm not sure what that means any more, since Long has never posted here.
"You" in PZ's comment, capped below, is "Ryan Long", so well camouflaged here that we've never seen him:

http://i.imgur.com/egrqg.png[/spoiler]
I feel sort of sorry for PZ. He is a small town academic who became incredibly popular in a relatively short space of time, and who had probably never been popular before. He came to believe the adulation and his status as a demi-god, and that his pronouncements were as the beatitudes of free and progressive thought. He flew too high, and is now crashing and burning.
Now that's well said. Entirely true BTW.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Before it hits the memory hole.
I asked Greta if she was (at the time) receiving a double income which afforded her the luxury of buying shoes or sportscars.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-407223

Screencap in the spoiler.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/OLhob.jpg[/spoiler]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

rocko2466 wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Sylvia Sybil worries that talking about giving birth is erasing of trans* folk.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3528

http://i.imgur.com/4yTD0.jpg
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Screw it. Let's not use words ever again. Using words ERASES people. Stop it!
They are painting themselves into a grammatical corner. I wonder how long it will be before no one on A+ can comfortably use any words at all, and they are reduced to simply staring at their screens, fingers twitching as they desperately try to come up with a sentence that cannot possibly be inferred as something "erasing" or "ignoring" or "denying" or "shaming". Actually, the sooner that happens the better.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

sacha wrote:
rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:is it sleeping?
I believe so.
shhhh

thank fuck it sleeps
*accidentally drops garbage can lid*

Oops. Sorry.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

This "BS Byers" is an FTB wannabe. I'm sure s/h/it is looking for an invite to join Brayton's whorehouse.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Outwest wrote:
This "BS Byers" is an FTB wannabe. I'm sure s/h/it is looking for an invite to join Brayton's whorehouse.
You get it's a joke, right?

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

I wonder what Al Bundy would have said if Greta walked into his shoe store.

[youtube]MQJoLo3Ht9U[/youtube]

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

rocko2466 wrote:They've scared off another: http://freethoughtblogs.com/tokenskeptic/

Or we have.

Depending on who you listen to.
Looks to me she's taking time off due to an injury more than anything else.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:[spoiler]
Notung wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:I read that little post by PZ about his self-importance. I could almost see him dribbling from his mouth as he furiously typed, laughing maniacally when he hit send. I browsed the comments and saw the ban hammer come down on Long after just one civil comment. PZ is losing it.
For the reason that Long is a 'slymepitter'. I'm not sure what that means any more, since Long has never posted here.
"You" in PZ's comment, capped below, is "Ryan Long", so well camouflaged here that we've never seen him:

http://i.imgur.com/egrqg.png[/spoiler]
I feel sort of sorry for PZ. He is a small town academic who became incredibly popular in a relatively short space of time, and who had probably never been popular before. He came to believe the adulation and his status as a demi-god, and that his pronouncements were as the beatitudes of free and progressive thought. He flew too high, and is now crashing and burning.
It doesn't take much to figure P.Z. Meyers out.

In the short term P.Z. must be incredibly pissed at the "pick a card and fuck me" footage where he picks a woman from the audience at a talk and proceeds to make her quite uncomfortable with unfunny and relentlessly tone deaf sex talk in front of an audience. He knows the next time he plays "defender of the women-folk" someone is going to whip that footage out. It's not a case where you have to ask how a professed male feminist totally in tune with the agenda could do something like that, but how anyone can do that. Seriously, what kind of dumb-assed fucking idiot does that? It's fucking painful to watch.

In the long term, he's fucked. Not that he will be fucked, but he is irredeemably fucked right now. He knows he will never hang with the cool kids again. One can only imagine what someone like Dawkins thinks of him. He's probably not well respected in the research community because he doesn't really do that anymore. The train left the station and he got run over trying to derail it.

All he's got is his increasingly insular little People's Temple of an online community where he can should out to the world in general "Disrespect me? Ban me? Ignore me? I'll show you...by banning this person...on this website...that'll show them" Obviously it's not nearly enough.

Prediction: This year he really goes nuts.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

sacha wrote:
rayshul wrote:
I believe so.
shhhh

thank fuck it sleeps
Signing in certainly makes the forum a lot shorter these days.

sacha

Climate Privilege

Post by sacha »

Michael K Gray wrote: Harden the fuck up.
It is only 123+℉ in the shade.
I would just evaporate. I run warm to begin with.

I can't take the heat. Anything over 70℉/21.11C and I'm miserable, over 75℉/23.88C and I feel ill.

Give me cool misty fog. San Francisco has the best climate on Earth, and I live by the ocean, which is the area with the least amount of sun. It gets cold (the tourists think "California" and are always freezing), but not so cold it snows. Winter means pouring rain.
I like the rain, but I adore the fog.

The fog here is often so thick, the entire Golden Gate Bridge disappears right in front of you.
GG Bridge Fog.jpg
(11.09 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Many days it looks like the end of the earth is a few blocks away, the streets and sky fade to solid white, because the ocean is enveloped in fog.

The fog horns sound like an orchestra warming up, most nights that is the sound I fall asleep to.

This is why I live here.

AnonymousCowherd

Outwest wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:They've scared off another: http://freethoughtblogs.com/tokenskeptic/

Or we have.

Maybe, but then there's this reason as well
I’m also extremely uncomfortable with the online problems that have involved and divided skeptics, atheists and so on

Once it's all been decided and the "negativity" is over, perhaps she'll return.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I was wondering why we keep talking about FTB and A+. I think I've figured it out.

It's ingrained in us to rubber-neck when we see a disaster. We've all been staring at the 5 car pile up as we drive slowly by.

Then for most of us, one of the people involved has run up to our car and punched us in the face. So we're sticking around a while longer. (Waiting for the police? This is where my metaphor falls apart.)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

sacha wrote:Mister Spock is my type.
Alas, it is not my ears that are pointy.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Outwest wrote:

Or we have.

Maybe, but then there's this reason as well
I’m also extremely uncomfortable with the online problems that have involved and divided skeptics, atheists and so on

Once it's all been decided and the "negativity" is over, perhaps she'll return.
Yeah, she talks about that at the beginning of the post, but it appears that the reason she's suspending blogging is due to an arm injury. At this point, I wouldn't try to read too much into it.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

has.jpg
(34.65 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
The key is NOT to troll. Just ask a question... and also agree with PZ when his minions are attacking him.

Sigh.

(Also Reap, they think you're sexist but they're using your podcast as an example. I've not heard it when I've listened to your podcast. Are you sending subliminal messages again?)

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

rocko2466 wrote:I was wondering why we keep talking about FTB and A+. I think I've figured it out.

It's ingrained in us to rubber-neck when we see a disaster. We've all been staring at the 5 car pile up as we drive slowly by.

Then for most of us, one of the people involved has run up to our car and punched us in the face. So we're sticking around a while longer. (Waiting for the police? This is where my metaphor falls apart.)
It is a wreck, and this wreck is like a couple of clown cars at the circus. It's just too much lulz to be able to look away. Skepticism? Nope. It's become like a temple for some. It wouldn't matter if Myers was actually arrested for rape, the synchophants would probably say, "well, he needed to get some, so it's okay".
Or, even better, if Greta robbed a 7-Eleven, they would say, "Greta needed the money".

And that's what I mean by temple. Their minions will excuse any abhorrent behavior, just like a televangelist.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dafuq just happened?!? I wasn't even done with the old thread! Lsuoma, explanations, now!

AnonymousCowherd

rocko2466 wrote:
has.jpg
The key is NOT to troll. Just ask a question... and also agree with PZ when his minions are attacking him.
PZ doesn't realise just how many "slymepitters" are commenting on his blog. They aren't "sly" for nothing.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-526608
But Allah doesn’t exist, and Muhammad is not the prophet of anything, and 9/11 was only a conspiracy in the sense that members of Al Qaeda conspired to commit it. It is not a possibility that Allah exists — it is a falsity.

You said that PZ needed to “admit the possibility” that women complaining about harassment were wrong. That is not a possibility — it is a falsity. PZ should not “admit” something that is false, and if you encourage him to “admit” it, you are implicitly claiming that it is true.
And here we have the root of the problem summed up nicely. They are not skeptics, they are closed minded dogmatic believers in everything every woman says, unless that woman happens to say she didn't feel threatened.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Hey everyone, it is Melody's birthday today!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
has.jpg
PZ doesn't realise just how many "slymepitters" are commenting on his blog. They aren't "sly" for nothing.
Well, we all are, aren't we?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

HoneyWagon wrote:Hey everyone, it is Melody's birthday today!
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/ ... 422022.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

HoneyWagon wrote:Hey everyone, it is Melody's birthday today!
You know that's going to be a BIG cake.

AnonymousCowherd

Mykeru wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:
has.jpg
Well, we all are, aren't we?
That's right. All three of us. You, al, and we francensocks.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

A big cake for mostly women. White knights may be lucky to get a slice.

The cake will probably look like this
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nBF94AsfRMM/S ... cake+4.jpg

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

masakari2012 wrote:A big cake for mostly women. White knights may be lucky to get a slice.

I was thinking more like this

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo14 ... geCake.jpg

AnonymousCowherd

masakari2012 wrote:A big cake for mostly women. White knights may be lucky to get a slice.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nBF94AsfRMM/S ... cake+4.jpg
Did they choose those hues so colourblind men can't read the writing?

Abelist, sexist scum.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

I'm sorry I'm privileged! I'm sorry I'm privileged! I'm sorry I'm privileged!

For the colorblind folks (I know some), the cake says "I *heart* My Vag."

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

masakari2012 wrote:
For the colorblind folks (I know some), the cake says "I *heart* My Vag."
DON'T TYPE IT. READ IT.
Ablist.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Why am i not banned from this thread yet? Oh, the prune hasn't woken up yet... maybe.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-407223

Scented Nectar

Eugliwood, just shut the fuck off already!

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:Now I'm having perverted fantasies in which Jason Thibeault ...
What the fuck? It's a safe guess that none of us are fapping along to your fantasies. Just so you know. If you continue, you should probably hide it in spoiler tags and give it a Baboons' Sexual Fantasy Trigger Warning. Thank you.

You know, if Jason comes out and says that you are sexually harassing him, I'll believe it. You fight with him then apologize in his comments, and now you've turned that apology into a sexual one in your head. With weirdos like you, next you will EXPECT it to actually happen, and then when it doesn't magically happen, you'll turn on him, and still stalk him, but in anger and pleas for him to be your friend-lover. Jason is probably creeped the fuck out by you posting fantasies of him. Obviously you know that lots of FTBers read the Pit and that he will find out that you've written all this weird stuff.

That's my guess. Either that, or you're Jason himself wanting people to think there is a woman who is attracted to him. Pathetic either way.
Eucliwood wrote:Okay, how about I create a separate thread in which I let out my "slash" (what is that?) fics? I wont go into it just to write "hm, Id like to fuck X though" you'll just have to tolerate that in a normal post. But if I'm going to go off on a tangent about a daydream, I'll post there. Ladies, gay men, it might be able to help you too. I know it helps me calm down my upset at some of them... as for the women... I'm not into women, so there's nothing I can do about my rage at people like Taslima or ophelia and the rest of those hags.
I really didn't need to know that you feel sexual about people who cause you to feel rage. Just shut the fuck off already, ok? (h/t for that useful phrase from Taslima)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Not quite, but it IS in its bedroom for the next little while.

Guessed

Post by Guessed »

http://i48.tinypic.com/1jrecj.png

Hahahahaha, this is so unreal.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Eucliwood wrote:
aweraw wrote:I beg of you, Eucliwood, just don't foist any Jimmy Thimbles slashfic upon us; please.
Okay. But really, what would cuddle time be like with him? Or sex?
He'd keep asking for consent every 30 seconds. "Is this ok?" "Is this ok?" "Is this?" You'd dry up faster than a dead dingo.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

franc wrote:
decius wrote:Eucliwood, continue to be an obnoxious moron on purpose and you'll be driven out.
Fuck - just unhid a random comment (she's whining for you to leave her alone in case you care which).

The loser has broken the 400 post barrier in 2 weeks. That's a world heavyweight title ranked peabrain/attention whore.

Hard to imagine getting inside the head of someone who churns out 30 posts a day (at this site alone) and sincerely believes that each of them is necessary and has value added content. Here's a vid for Eucli -

[spoiler][youtube]95p9osuowGI [/youtube][/spoiler]
Okay, mine have to be completely necessary all the damn time when I've seen you post totally unneeded posts plenty of time? I'm doing better than you are at not making additional posts unnecessarily - just saw you post JUST to minicomment on something else unneeded. You simply added to that guy's posts about nothing.

And stop fucking getting on me for the posts I ALREADY HAVE. I cannot do anything about the posts I already had - yeah, I double and triple posted because I always wanted to add something to the post I already posted, but I've cut down on that issue. My post count will ALWAYS BE more than average, due to- DUH, the posts that I already had so many of from the beginning. So you'll bitch and moan about my post count next week, and the week after that. You'll always have something to bitch about.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
aweraw wrote:I beg of you, Eucliwood, just don't foist any Jimmy Thimbles slashfic upon us; please.
Okay. But really, what would cuddle time be like with him? Or sex?
He'd keep asking for consent every 30 seconds. "Is this ok?" "Is this ok?" "Is this?" You'd dry up faster than a dead dingo.
HAHHAHAHA oh god yes. I'd shove him off the bed/couch/if we're on the floor, get up and run away.
Scented Nectar wrote:
What the fuck? It's a safe guess that none of us are fapping along to your fantasies. Just so you know. If you continue, you should probably hide it in spoiler tags and give it a Baboons' Sexual Fantasy Trigger Warning. Thank you.

You know, if Jason comes out and says that you are sexually harassing him, I'll believe it. Jason is probably creeped the fuck out by you posting fantasies of him. Obviously you know that lots of FTBers read the Pit and that he will find out that you've written all this weird stuff.

That's my guess. Either that, or you're Jason himself wanting people to think there is a woman who is attracted to him. Pathetic either way.

I really didn't need to know that you feel sexual about people who cause you to feel rage. Just shut the fuck off already, ok? (h/t for that useful phrase from Taslima)
And here you are, yet again, raging about something I already dropped. I've already made a separate spot for it, and the posts won't even be in this thread anymore, let alone needing a spoiler tag. But I guess that's not enough for Scented Nectar.

As for your farfetch'd assumption that I would actually even FLIRT with him, let alone sexually harass him, hilarious. Whoa, I just read that other line properly - you seriously considered I'm jason himself? You are going manic over this, lady. I don't want to be responsible for your health issues. Calm down.

Do I care if he's 'creeped the fuck out' or not? I'm sure you don't care. You just said that for another reason to bitch&moan at me. Let it go, geez. I really wouldn't mind if you put me on ignore or something. It's okay. Cuts down on conflict. I have a few people stored in the trunk, myself.

Is it my turn to rage about the fact that you used a phrase from Taslima? I don't like her, you know, just like how you really don't like Jason. And not liking Taslima yourself isn't enough compensation for me, because it's not enough compensation for you that Jason makes me rage too. Cater to my feelings, geez. PostHereAboutHowAwfulYouAreForDoingSo. (kidding, I wouldn't do that. Not my style.)

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

rocko2466 wrote:
Outwest wrote:
You get it's a joke, right?
No, unfortunately, I didn't. I've never seen this blog and didn't know anything about it.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Guessed wrote:[spoiler]http://i48.tinypic.com/1jrecj.png[/spoiler]

My god, I hadn't realized how close to the original the parody thread was - unless I just read the parody thread again? I'm confused :?

welch

Post by welch »

aweraw wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:ONE DAY... I will write an indepth fiction piece after lucid dreaming it or something
I've made a huge mistake. :doh:
This is why we don't teach morons about slashfic

AnonymousCowherd

I so hope they send that letter.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:

I hate that. She's just as horrible and guilty as anyone else they randomly pick on on the internet for making the same jokes. If they go "WOW, UR A MISOGYNISTIC JERK, LADY I DONT KNOW! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, WITH YOUR SLUT SHAMING ASS" then they should do that to Tina Fey.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:

They should probably tell Ms. Fey that she needs to go over to the A+ forum to be "educated".

cunt

Post by cunt »

Dear Sarah Silverman,

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Outwest wrote: They should probably tell Ms. Fey that she needs to go over to the A+ forum to be "educated".
Great idea - I would LOVE to see her on the A+ forum. If she doesn't last and writes an article or piece about how crazy it is there... :popcorn: :twisted:

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:
Nope. Someone stole the Preciousss.

franc

Post by franc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Am I the only person who read the title of Svans latest hit piece

"What Melody Hensley Has to Teach You About Professionalism"

...and automatically assumed it was the first half of a statement that should finish:

"could be printed on the back of a postage stamp. In extra-large-sized font."?
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/pRBqY.png[/spoiler]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:[spoiler]
Scented Nectar wrote:

You know, if Jason comes out and says that you are sexually harassing him, I'll believe it. Jason is probably creeped the fuck out by you posting fantasies of him. Obviously you know that lots of FTBers read the Pit and that he will find out that you've written all this weird stuff.

[/spoiler]
And here you are, yet again, raging about something I already dropped. I've already made a separate spot for it, and the posts won't even be in this thread anymore, let alone needing a spoiler tag. But I guess that's not enough for Scented Nectar.

This is the first I've heard of you making a separate thread for your FTB Faps, but that's good.
As for your farfetch'd assumption that I would actually even FLIRT with him, let alone sexually harass him, hilarious. Whoa, I just read that other line properly - you seriously considered I'm jason himself? You are going manic over this, lady. I don't want to be responsible for your health issues. Calm down.

So, you don't like him and would never even flirt with him, yet you've been publicly fantasizing sexually about him. That's a little more than flirting, and it's rather one sided. If you know for sure (do you?) that it would make the person (Jason in this case) angry or upset, then technically speaking, it may be mild, but yes, you are harassing him in a manner that's sexual and rather authentically stalkerish.

Usually the feminists only get hyped up, made up, or exaggerated threats, but you sound like a rare exception - the real thing, like that woman who stalks Justin G.
Do I care if he's 'creeped the fuck out' or not? I'm sure you don't care. You just said that for another reason to bitch&moan at me. Let it go, geez. I really wouldn't mind if you put me on ignore or something. It's okay. Cuts down on conflict. I have a few people stored in the trunk, myself.

No, I'm going to keep watching what you say, and wonder what name you go under over at PZ's zoo or skepchickies, since by your writing style and content, you obviously are one coming here in drag trying to pass. Like a train wreck, horrible but I can't look away.
Is it my turn to rage about the fact that you used a phrase from Taslima? I don't like her, you know, just like how you really don't like Jason. And not liking Taslima yourself isn't enough compensation for me, because it's not enough compensation for you that Jason makes me rage too. Cater to my feelings, geez. PostHereAboutHowAwfulYouAreForDoingSo. (kidding, I wouldn't do that. Not my style.)
I don't even understand what you just wrote, but if you're upset that I like the phrase Taslima (accidently?) tweeted the other day, too bad. Words are not magic. Even though I like some words she has written, why would that be impossible while also disliking other words she's written? I can like that phrase "shut the fuck off" no matter whether I like or dislike Taslima. Totally doesn't matter. Also, why not give credit where due and even say thanks via "h/t"? It doesn't mean that I now agree with her on anything else at all.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Does anybody have a running count of ALL the anti-Baboon threads?

AnonymousCowherd

Oh, and Tina - word up - listen to these guys, they know comedy.

http://i48.tinypic.com/a26r9x.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

LOL. Nice new Pit tagline.

franc

Post by franc »

cunt wrote:Dear Sarah Silverman,
I'm an honorary Jew. I even have a certificate -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/wPwof.jpg[/spoiler]

And it gets better - I still have a foreskin. How un-kosher is that? Heard you jew-girls have secret dirty fantasies about it, so maybe we could get drunk, roll around naked and have greasy bacon and eggs for breakfast in the morning? I promise you'll feel really soiled.

So how about it?

Warmest regards,

franc

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
I never did read those Lord Of The Rings books or anything else by Tolkein, but I know that's something to do with it. If it means Ewwood has been kidnapped, let's not call the cops! :lol:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

franc wrote:
I'm an honorary Jew. I even have a certificate -

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/wPwof.jpg[/spoiler]

And it gets better - I still have a foreskin. How un-kosher is that? Heard you jew-girls have secret dirty fantasies about it, so maybe we could get drunk, roll around naked and have greasy bacon and eggs for breakfast in the morning? I promise you'll feel really soiled.

So how about it?

Warmest regards,

franc
This vid's for you Frank, I mean Franc...

[youtube]Y3-Z_gVbsxc[/youtube]

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Regarding one of the commenters in the caps here considering Tina Fey a potential "powerful ally"… Am I weird for finding the use of "ally," let alone "powerful ally" just slightly off? A powerful ally is the United States or Microsoft or Treebeard in Lord of the Rings. A popular comedian is someone who is probably nice to have on your side in an argument.
I believe what disturbs me, beyond the hyperbole, is the exclusivity of it. "You're and ally, she's not an ally," and "you're a more powerful ally than those other allies". It's like a goddamn game of Pokemon! I obviously accept that some people have more resources than others and are therefore more practically useful. But when I hear someone referred to as a "powerful ally" I get a definite sense that some animals are more equal than others.

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
I never did read those Lord Of The Rings books or anything else by Tolkein, but I know that's something to do with it. If it means Ewwood has been kidnapped, let's not call the cops! :lol:
Hobbit. Smaug (dragon). Wakes if loot lifted. Not important.

I hope Eucli's only problem is over-sharing, and that s/h/it doesn't leave some steaming pile here for the FTB dung beetles to parcel up and wheel back to Central Turdville to feed the other poo-flingers. Could get messy.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

I'd dearly love to see that.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

windy wrote:
Git wrote:Nah, I'm finding the whole thing hilarious.
Mileage seems to vary a lot on this. So far, I find it's like listening to a babbling brook compared to the fingernails-on-the-chalkboard effect of Steers or oolon.
It's certainly babbling, I don't know about the brook part.