Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Service Dog »

4 or 5 years ago, a publicity events agency called me, to help set-up a showroom for a national chain of home goods stores.
A couple years later, the chain switched to another agency, and that agency also called me to decorate a model apartment for the same chain of stores.
Last week, the chain switched to a third agency-- and again I was called to work.
It would be pretty funny if _my_ screwups were the reason each agency lost the client-- but the next agency just-kept hiring me.

The current agency had impressive offices at an expensive address, until Covid lockdowns. Nearly everyone was laid-off, the owner moved 2,000 miles away & runs the place remotely. The skeleton crew consists of wrecked versions of Sex in the City characters... who the owner does coke-with & screws... on business trips. He likes me & is reassured when he hears I'm on a job, but he is too distant & hands-off to notice my whereabouts. I think he's a little scummy, but it's his company to manage well or poorly. None of my business. He acts normal & sane when dealing with me... less than a dozen times ever.

The rest of his staff are exhausted, unfuckable women who devote every waking moment to keeping the company going, for low pay. Some live with their parents, some live alone. They don't have enough leisure time to keep a cat, let-alone a boyfriend or kids.

When I first worked there-- the PA's were mostly male. Now it's almost entirely female. A majority of the women there-- are uncomfortable talking to men at work. I was the last male they hired regularly. But after I introduced them to GF... they started calling her before-me, and I'm truly a last-resort. They do hire other males on a non-repeat basis-- guys who cost less than me & behave like whipped cavemen. They show up late & hung-over & apologizing... and they're confused about what's going on... so the women can comfortably order them around & talk to them like kindergarten teachers... instead of figuring-out how to interact as equals.

Last week they called GF to travel with the company-women to the chain's stores... from New Jersey to Long Island... with a couple moving-truck guys... and fags & brunch-y women from the store's "stylist" department... to pick-out furniture & decor crap from the stores... to pack & load in the store parking lots in brutal heat. The agency hired a 50 year old activist lesbian from San Francisco-- with a face like Abe Vigoda-- on a 3 month contract as a producer-- to get all this crap into a fancy rented house... for a series of photo shoots. They found a house in Poughkeepsie, of all places, because it's near where the lesbo lives. Rather than commute to the city... she's making everything Poughkeepsie-centric, which is inconvenient. Even more nuts: they haven't actually closed the deal on renting the house. So, everybody she hires, she complains about their pay rate & says "You charge so much! Compared to my guys. (in Poughkeepsie). And, at the end of each long hot trainwreck of a workday-- she invariably suggests that everyone drive a couple hours to Poughkeepsie to unload at you-keep-the-key storage garages she rented (then drive home late into the night). Each night, GF stood up to her & said that wasn't realistic. & found nearby locations to keep the moving trucks fulla crap. The lesbo doesn't stay in her lane... she jumps into the back of the truck & messes-up the movers' ability to pack efficiently. She grabs the laptop from a mousy assistant-- and screws-up the photographing & recording of all the items being-packed.

Oh man-- I forgot this other chick who broke up with her boyfriend, got hired out of pity because she drinks at the same bar as an agency chick, who is living out of a suitcase at Air B&Bs. She cries at work & asks for hugs... and each day she dumps her clothes out of her suitcase to use it as a toolbox for her drill & a crazy person's kit of tools. (But then she forgot to dump-out her underwear, so she left a stack of underwear in a client's loading area. She claims to have been a "prop master" on "a friends films" "back in Indiana" but it's bullshit non-experience.

And, lastly, this they hired this big fat sadsack bearded PA who wears his hair gathered in a little topknot. But he's got heavy-duty male pattern baldness. He grows his horseshoe of hair long & pulls it all to the top, like a hipster comb-over. He's built like Chris Farley & constantly sweating & confused. As we drove from store-to-store packing shit... he travelled in "his" SUV... which we never saw. He seemed to hide. Eventually he was asked to pick-up & deliver a rolled carpet... which revealed that a frowning greybeard was chauffeuring him around. "That's my dad. He's retired. I'm not allowed to drive, so he has been dropping me off & waiting for me". Good for him that he has a dad who cares, but embarrassing. He mentioned a parole officer, too. So this dude has really been benefitting from the post-Covid shortage in workers. He'd be unfit to hire otherwise. He's a mess.

The heat was grueling, but for-me there was a lot of hurry-up-and-wait time, due to disorganization. Punctuated with bursts of wrapping & loading furniture. I made a ton of OT money. GF did all the headbutting with the lesbo producer... to correct all her bad ideas. "You can take a train to Poughkeepsie..." said the lesbo one day, which sounds like a 1930's way of saying "go fuck yourself". The lesbo absolutely refused to order any packing materials beforehand from ULINE or Amazon. So-- as we arrived at each new town with a store location-- me & a mostly-ok guy I hired-- would drive to the nearest Home Depot & buy-out their limited supplies of Packing Blankets & packing tape, etc. The large packing blankets are $27 each!, so we started taking comforters & blankets off-the-shelves of the home goods stores... using those to pack.

By Friday, I made a ton of $ in overtime. The lesbo didn't even show-up for work on Friday-- because the Long Island stores were "too far away" from Poughkeepsie. Which made everything run smooth. As much as GF rubbed her the wrong way-- and as much as she complained about the high pay rate for me & my guy-- she begged us to come-back & work 3 more weeks. But the guy I hired is going to California this week & I'm headed up to the cabin.

And Saturday morning we sold fish.

A noteworthy thing happened around 7:30 a.m. Saturday: the farmer's market is located on a busy traffic roundabout. A car stopped on the roundabout, at a red light, in a middle lane. And when the light turned green, the car didn't move. Cars & buses got jammed-up getting-around the inert car. When the traffic cleared... other cars came around the roundabout at high speed... nearly rear-ending that car.

After watching this for a minute or two... I walked over to check on the driver. As I did-so... two cop cars pulled up in an outer-lane. I waved to the front cop car (the driver's window was down). I called to the cop... "Hold on... I think this car is having trouble & the driver may need help!" Then I turned my attention to that car & sprinted to him... The cop pointed forward & said "I'm on my way somewhere" and drove away.

When I reached the inert car... I could see the driver was a Caribbean-looking black guy in his 30's or 40's. Head hanging-back & to the side. Could be asleep, or overdose, or unconscious from a medical emergency. I was wary of how he'd react to me. So I stood next to the passenger side front fender & pounded his hood with my fist. No response. I started slapping the hood flat-handed. Loud. He woke up. Looked-around confused. Then sped off... running two red lights & nearly fishtailing on the roundabout.

I walked back to our fish-vending booth... pissed at the cop. I said "FUCKING FAGGOT". And the smattering of market people flinched at my faux pas. Because I'm a the bad guy in this story for saying a bad word.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

More bullshit Covid disinformation. All 3 doctors had long term disease that caused their deaths. Two of them had cancer.
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-c ... 2319081218

John D

Post by John D »

Dog - I love you man.... and I think you should write a book that I would gladly try to edit... but... you have been posting a bit of shit lately. And... so you understand... I do think it is wrong to vax five year olds. I think this is clear in the data. But, the dead doctor thing was a bit much. It is not a good approach to let a fuck-wad like FTP score such an easy point. Haha.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote: Dog - I love you man.... and I think you should write a book that I would gladly try to edit... but... you have been posting a bit of shit lately. And... so you understand... I do think it is wrong to vax five year olds. I think this is clear in the data. But, the dead doctor thing was a bit much. It is not a good approach to let a fuck-wad like FTP score such an easy point. Haha.
So who believes the fact-checkers, and why do you think they are credible? Why would you not suspect that the opposite of what they say is true?

(genuinely curious)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

AndrewV69 wrote:
John D wrote: Dog - I love you man.... and I think you should write a book that I would gladly try to edit... but... you have been posting a bit of shit lately. And... so you understand... I do think it is wrong to vax five year olds. I think this is clear in the data. But, the dead doctor thing was a bit much. It is not a good approach to let a fuck-wad like FTP score such an easy point. Haha.
So who believes the fact-checkers, and why do you think they are credible? Why would you not suspect that the opposite of what they say is true?

(genuinely curious)
Don't believe Associated Press over an anonymous source on twitter. Call up the Trillium health and ask their spokesperson if she told AP their deaths had absolutely nothing to do with covid and if she says yes call her a liar. Then call up the families of the deceased and accuse them of being crisis actors.
That's what all the cool "internet researchers" do.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: the dead doctor thing was a bit much. It is not a good approach to let a fuck-wad like FTP score such an easy point.
I understand your frustration. I regret causing it. But I don't mind giving f_tp points, if they're earned fair & square.

(I think Andrew's objection is valid.)

But please grok this: free thoughtpolice's posts on the previous page... were SO GAY... that I'm completely covered in Monkey Pox today. Not cool.

I posted about the first 3 doctors on July 24. The AP Fact check didn't exist until July 29.

3 young doctors-- working for the same hospital system-- dying on July 17, 18, & 20-- is noteworthy.

I did not post any falsehoods about what killed them.

I didn't omit any information which was available at the time I posted.

THE AP CAN GO FUCK ITSELF FOR SUDDENLY, CONVENIENTLY, DISCOVERING THAT PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS MATTER WHEN ASSESSING DEATH COUNTS.

Workers in that hospital WERE forced to take the 4th jab, just days before the deaths, not allowed to exercise their own discretion.

I specifically listed "source: Steve Kirsch blog" in that post-- as a grain of salt. I don't have a high opinion of Kirsch. He's on the right side, but he posts tentative information with a frantic demeanor. And plenty of people interpret that frantic demeanor as an urgency based in firmly-established fact. Nope-- he's 'half-cocked'.

--

The notion that I'm a big poster of "conspiracy" misinformation... dates-back to Lsuoma poisoning the well... with "The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show" title.

Several times-- pitters returned from a long absence, saw that title, and started ass-kissing Lsuoma by taking shots at the designated witch of the week-- without checking to see what the charges against-us even-were.
Steersman wrote:
I'm kinda late to "The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show" party.... Maybe you could summarize your position - in 25 or 250 words or less - for us late arrivals?
ROBOKiTTY is another example. And free_monkeypoxlice.

I went-back & looked-at the posts BEFORE Lsuoma created the "Conspiracy Show" title, to see what "conspiracy" shit Lsuoma was referring-to.

It was this: Lsuoma had blocked me, because I had disputed his claims about Modern Monetary Theory (& the risk of inflation!)

And so Lsuoma was making guesses about what-I-must-be-posting, based on Steersman's misleading <SNIP>ed quotes of my posts.

From this, Lsuoma had wrongly-surmised that I had denied the takedown of a "key" Egyptian study on Ivermectin, which was replete with false data.

These fuck-wads take potshots at me, but they are far less diligent & truthful than I am.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Call up the Trillium health and ask their spokesperson if she told AP their deaths had absolutely nothing to do with covid and if she says yes call her a liar. Then call up the families of the deceased and accuse them of being crisis actors.
Covid shots. Not "covid". You bungled your zinger, dumbshit.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

You clearly don't know anything about soccer. They're faking it to get the ref to red card the vaccine.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

At least we are all in agreement that being in a weekend health condition could have nothing possibly to do with dying from a weird shot of RNA vaccine for these six people. I mean come on how the hell could that even be possible?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

:fpig:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

(genuinely curious)
Don't believe Associated Press over an anonymous source on twitter. Call up the Trillium health and ask their spokesperson if she told AP their deaths had absolutely nothing to do with covid and if she says yes call her a liar. Then call up the families of the deceased and accuse them of being crisis actors.
I thought you were being serious till I got to the part about "crisis actors". So you trust AP? Can you say why?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

AndrewV69 wrote: I thought you were being serious till I got to the part about "crisis actors". So you trust AP? Can you say why?
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... /credulous

https://c.tenor.com/ZC2b4KA2A-oAAAAM/witch-witches.gif

:P

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

N'yuk!

I bet that stings in the shower...

John D

Post by John D »

At least one of the House Wren chicks has fledged. It flies in looping uncontrolled fashion. It lands on strange objects... things that mom and dad would never choose. It sometimes flies close behind dad as he hunts for insects. Mom or Dad still feed it while outside the nest. I can't tell if it is male or female because the color difference in the sexes is very slight... and really non-existent in the young. (Much like today's youth).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: N'yuk!

I bet that stings in the shower...
Norco is flat, hot, and ugly 'horse country.' (A few years ago, my trainer friend moved her operation down to Riverside County cuz the land was so cheap.) Lots of hispanic (see all the last names of the customers) working class families, but the recent spike in crime in Riverside County has been been courtesy of a certain melanated demographic.

There's a reason Democrats have lost 40% of hispanic support.