The Refuge of the Toads

CuriousGawker

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by CuriousGawker »

Old_ones wrote:Apparently Karen Stollznow is trying to get Mykeru to take down his mirror of her "give a voice to victims of harassment video". He says she now has his undivided attention. I wonder if that means he will go back to making vids again?

[youtube]Y2HfIfsZH8k[/youtube]
I enjoy his videos. The link to the one Stollznow ordered him to take down was included in an Amazon comment about her latest book, which apparently has something to do with psychic frauds. No irony there AT ALL! Her enablers apparently went screaming to the Amazon censors and got the comment deleted. :roll:

CuriousGawker

Post by CuriousGawker »

I wonder who Stollznow the pathological liar and perpetual victim plans to out, harass, and malign next.

CuriousGawker

Post by CuriousGawker »

Brive1987 wrote:
CuriousGawker wrote:I wonder who Stollznow the pathological liar and perpetual victim plans to out, harass, and malign next.
Whoever first shoops Ben's face onto that baby.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CuriousGawker

Post by CuriousGawker »

deLurch wrote:
CuriousGawker wrote:I wonder who Stollznow the pathological liar and perpetual victim plans to out, harass, and malign next.
It looks innocent to me. It appears to be a derivation of a twitter conversation started by this tweet of an article. That said, taking on the name Baxter and bagging her old name might have improved her reputation.

With all that said, it appears that Mrs. Baxter has stepped her foot into the world of fiction since we last saw of her.

And look at the name of this title:
Hits & Mrs.
by Karen Stollznow

We all need a little magic in our lives but can we tell the difference between magic and lies?

Gil Godsend is the world’s greatest psychic medium.
Claudia Cox thinks he’s the world’s biggest fraud.

Once a professional skeptic, Claudia spent many years trying to expose Gil, but no one believed that the charismatic and handsome psychic could be a con artist. They would rather believe that Claudia has sour grapes because she and Gil were once lovers. Unable to reveal him to be a fraud, she moves on with her life and founds Suspicious Minds, a detective agency that catches cheating spouses. Years later, a few of Gil's disgruntled female clients come out of the woodwork with shocking stories to tell. They beg for Claudia's help. She convinces these grieving widows that Gil is using magic tricks to give the appearance that he’s a psychic medium and that he can’t really talk to the dead. They want revenge. With the help of famous mentalist Banachek, Claudia masterminds plans to catch Gil in the act of cheating but each sting fails dismally. Gil comes out smelling like roses while Claudia looks like a fool.

Will Claudia ever expose Gil as a charlatan? Maybe he really is psychic. Or is something more sinister going on behind the scenes?
I hadn't seen that the tweet I reference above had to do with a conversation.
Stollznow's husband seems dumber than dirt and just as much a shit-stirrer as she is, so I'm not sure taking his name would've improved her reputation.
I haven't bought her books and won't, but In part of the sample Amazon features for this one, she trashes the skeptical movement and mentions the misogyny and harassment in it through Claudia's character. If anyone wants to read what she wrote, go to the sample and search the text for "misogyny." :popcorn: