Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby another lurker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm  •  [Post 40276]

I will register right now!

I have more bitching to do too!
User avatar
another lurker
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby pandora » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm  •  [Post 40277]

100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.
User avatar
pandora
.
.
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:36 pm  •  [Post 40278]

franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

Image


Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Image

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm  •  [Post 40279]

pandora wrote:100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.


Hi, Pandora! Welcome to the Pit :)
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:40 pm  •  [Post 40280]

Ape+lust wrote:Oh, that's right. I missed that one third part. Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.


Yeah no shit. We men must be very powerful, to run a successful Patriarchy against those odds.


All right folks, I'm outta here. Happy New Year. May 2013 be covered in Slyme.
User avatar
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm  •  [Post 40281]

another lurker wrote:Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

Finally, someone -normal- that I can talk to, other than my boyfriend.

The FTBullies are so warped, I feel like I have been living in an alternate universe, with noone to talk (bitch about ftb) to!


You're not allowed to like us. We're monsters.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 pm  •  [Post 40282]

Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

Image



That is such fucking bullshit... all of the additional requirements for rape there as well as "full on" rape are done by women as well. Women manipulate, trick, or lie to men in order to get sex as well. As for the fucking people while they're lying there drugged up, women do that as well. They also do forced rape, with the help of other things (like I said, drugs)- rope, blunt objects, etc. This guy needs to quit pretending women are innocent of such things.

1/3 of women in the world have been raped? I guess they don't need citations but they'll squawk "citation!" when we mention something they know good and well happened and don't expect them to deny.

And stop being so sexist as well. Seriously, a man is not allowed to tell a woman he's not a rapist because it will give her a false sense of security? No one is allowed to tell a woman not all men are rapists it will give her a false sense of security? Upsetting, sexist, extremist bullshit. I wish I never read such crap.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby mutleyeng » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 pm  •  [Post 40283]

Ape+lust wrote:
Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.


someone should tell the Muslims they better off where they are
User avatar
mutleyeng
.
.
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 pm  •  [Post 40284]

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:


Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Oh wait, you probably haven’t. There’s that pesky male privilege again!

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/12/an-iron-rod-into-the-womans-body/#comment-397741

Almost as funny as when Illuminata called me a chill-girl.

Reminds me of getting a kiss-off letter from a grad school addressing me as "Mr. [Mylastname]", after I had not only applied & had letters of reference sent to them but had gone out to visit/interview in person. (A science department at MIT in the 1980's - they probably weren't all that used to women applicants.)

And since I apparently don't know when to stop:
Image

(Hi Ophelia!)
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby another lurker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm  •  [Post 40285]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.



Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2c8c4b ... es-wrong-1
I am glad to have been exposed to this point of view and appreciate the time you took to express it.
I see you baby, shakin' that ass.
User avatar
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Altair » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm  •  [Post 40286]

Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

Image


Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:
User avatar
Altair
.
.
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:47 pm  •  [Post 40287]

Al Stefanelli wrote:I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.


War stories. Knew a guy that kicked one of these things out of his apartment and changed locks. Didn't matter. She broke in while he was out, then attacked him with a pair of scissors when he got home, only managing to slash the palm of his hand. Of course the neighbours called the cops. They separated them, had a good laugh at the 'lover's quarrel", told him not to bother with charges as they had prior records on him back at the station if he wanted to make a fuss, and gave the precious petal a ride home.

Now, reverse the genders.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:49 pm  •  [Post 40288]

another lurker wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.



Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2c8c4b ... es-wrong-1


Ha ha ha, I've seen that. Fucking hilarious! Been a while, thanks for the laughs
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby another lurker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 pm  •  [Post 40289]

Al Stefanelli, I accidentaly pasted the wrong link, and there seems to be no edit button.

Try this one:

http://www.myvidster.com/video/4145206/ ... ideo_Clip_

If it does not work, it's probably blocked because Viacom is a douchebag company:((

Sorry!
I am glad to have been exposed to this point of view and appreciate the time you took to express it.
I see you baby, shakin' that ass.
User avatar
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BarnOwl » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 pm  •  [Post 40290]

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:


Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Oh wait, you probably haven’t. There’s that pesky male privilege again!

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/12/an-iron-rod-into-the-womans-body/#comment-397741

Almost as funny as when Illuminata called me a chill-girl.


I think Sally just impaled herself on an irony rod.
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2493
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:52 pm  •  [Post 40291]

I nominate Richard Carrier as one of the worst people in 2012. His infamous "with-us-or-against-us" followed by a shit load of invective for anyone who didn't pledge 100% loyalty for the thing he just thought of 5 minutes ago really set the whole tone for Atheism+ and the whole baboonosphere.

Secondly, I propose from now on we fight fire with fire. Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson, Burly Amish and co do not have the right to speak on, for or on behalf of men or men's issues.
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby mutleyeng » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm  •  [Post 40292]

I dont know about the worse person, but JT was easily the one who most made me want to slap him around the face with a dead fish....for his "what about love?" bollocks at skepticon 5 - that was just offensive
User avatar
mutleyeng
.
.
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm  •  [Post 40293]

Altair wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

Image


Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:


Yeah, the poster is a woman. I didn't include her pic or name because I am not sure if her page is private or public. Gary, however, ripped her a new asshole, and but good, too:

Image
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Plonk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm  •  [Post 40294]

Image

*** weeks pass ***

Image
User avatar
Plonk
.
.
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:02 pm  •  [Post 40295]

franc wrote:Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

http://i.imgur.com/47SfD.jpg

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


Whoa... you're not chanelling Matt Dillahunty there, are you franc?
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm  •  [Post 40296]

franc wrote:
War stories. Knew a guy that kicked one of these things out of his apartment and changed locks. Didn't matter. She broke in while he was out, then attacked him with a pair of scissors when he got home, only managing to slash the palm of his hand. Of course the neighbours called the cops. They separated them, had a good laugh at the 'lover's quarrel", told him not to bother with charges as they had prior records on him back at the station if he wanted to make a fuss, and gave the precious petal a ride home.

Now, reverse the genders.


That's horrible :/ Those cops are sexist scum. That is so wrong.
But why should I be surprised at the scissors incident... when there are cops who will tell someone to "man up" when their girlfriend gives them a concussion. I have a friend who was severely abused by an ex wife... both times help was brought (once by her against him.. :roll: ) HE was the one that got screwed over. Once when he pushed her (she had been beating on him)- she told the courts he was abusive. when she admitted and told them in detail exactly how she was the abusive one, they said she was just saying that because she was afraid. She continued to insist, so the judge said that he should have "left" if he was being abused. Then there are the clearly sexist abuse laws.

Then there's that time he had hundreds of cuts all over his body, called in because he was suicidal. On the phone he had to push her away, she squawked (perhaps for their attention.. hmm), and then somehow HE was the one in trouble. The nurse told him he wasn't suicidal "because the cuts weren't deep enough."

Darren wrote:
Whoa... you're not chanelling Matt Dillahunty there, are you franc?


I understand his point if he meant its irrelevant because some people actually think like that!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby JTC » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm  •  [Post 40297]

Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon
JTC
.
.
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:22 pm  •  [Post 40298]

Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote:Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….


So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.

Certainly seems fair considering that you’ve posted your own photo. Although I wonder how you’d feel if you looked like Don Knotts or Quasimodo instead of the Marlboro Man [if a somewhat studious/punkish version] ….


Hey, it's not my fault I'm so damned pretty.

Tough job; someone has to do it.

Although it seems that sexual desireability is not all that it is cracked up to be (very little is, I’ve found: I remember reading that Charles Dickens, I think, happened to have spent his honeymoon visiting Niagara Falls and when asked about it said that it was the second biggest disappointment of his trip – an acquired taste).

But read an interesting article on the perspective over on a site I’d found in searching about InMalafide. And then there are the cases like Playboy Playmate Dorothy Stratten and Deep Throat star Linda Lovelace who described the “callous and exploitative practices in the pornography industry” – lots of people get chewed-up and spit out the other end of that process which is largely predicated on sexual desireability – or rather on its “intersection” with other social values and perspectives.

Reminds me of something that I think Jacob Bronowski [The Ascent of Man] said about similar situations: “For the environment exacts a price for the survival of the fittest; it captures them” – although one needs to put “fittest” in quotes to emphasize its relativity ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby xinit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:22 pm  •  [Post 40299]

Reap wrote:Ok I need everyone to list your TOP 5 jerk-face, moron, fuck-wad,A+ idiots or FTB assholes for my end of the year list. No need to give reasons why and if you think that more than 1 can fit in as number 1, thats ok. I'm not sure the best way to tally it. List it here unless it gets messy I guess? Or if you cant risk posting it here then hit me up on FB (Reap Paden) Polls close at 11:59pm pst Jan 1


Greg Laden IS my top 5.
xinit
.
.
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:24 pm  •  [Post 40300]

JTC wrote:Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon


Happy New Year, to you, too, Jerry. When you got time, pull up a chair and chat a while.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 pm  •  [Post 40301]

Top 5:

1. The Huge Zvanatee
2. Cobweb Cunt
3. Twatson
4. Peezus
5. Two-cows

Grag and colon just don't make it - they are too ineffectual.

Laugh of the Year: A+Theism - how does that fucking work, eh? Oh, that's right. It doesn't.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm  •  [Post 40302]

Question... there was a woman I came across on YA who had gotten pregnant with her boyfriend - while he was asleep. Would he have to pay child support if he decided to leave her? And what would Atheism +'s take be on this? They'd probably be all "omg, he should have to pay for the child! How can he not take care of his child?! She's pregnant and ON HER OWN OMG"
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm  •  [Post 40303]

Completely irrelevant, but I just saw this in my twitter feed:

Image

Sure enough, if you do a Google search for that phrase, her blog comes up on top. So, if you have a few spare seconds, why not Google "what are your consequences if genealogy isn't taken seriously" (without the quotes), and click on Miranda's blog. Sometimes I just like fucking with people :P
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby xinit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 pm  •  [Post 40304]

Maximus wrote:Top 5:
5- Matt Dillahunty. Not being able to apply skepticism to his sacred cows.


Well, until his sacred cows shat on his head in the A+ forums...
xinit
.
.
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby dougal445 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 pm  •  [Post 40305]

O thunderf00ts video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKKQdJR7F_I

Did any one notice at 03:47 how PZ "scratched" his forehead?
Do you think PZ he knew he was telling a lie?

Happy new year all!!
User avatar
dougal445
.
.
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm  •  [Post 40306]

Darren wrote:
franc wrote:Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

http://i.imgur.com/47SfD.jpg

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


Whoa... you're not chanelling Matt Dillahunty there, are you franc?


Touché. But I am not going to claim an imgur image is gospel truth, a la Myers and the Great Fish Massacre. I did search but couldn't find anything, thus disclaimer. But eerily similar to past experience -

He: The real estate just called. They say they haven't gotten the rent. You did pay it didn't you?
She (sporting new ipod and cellphone): Of course I did sweetie.
He: Can I have the receipt?
She: (lips purse, various excuses)
He: Let's go to the real estate and sort it then
She: YOU WON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT (more excuses, some screaming, counter accusations, storms out of flat to call cops that she's terrified for her life from crazy boyfriend)

Etc. A drama that is played out in one variant or another every second of every day.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Altair » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm  •  [Post 40307]

I hoped they would think a little bit after reading Skeptixx's awesome post at B&W and would try to answer the points she raised (yes, I know, I should know better by now), but all we got was the usual crap from Stacy

Stacy wrote:
Cutee wrote:Ophelia Benson USED (yes, I said it) the brutalizing of a rape victim to further enhance the opinion, in some people’s minds, that she is a victim of anything even approaching this


No she didn’t, shithead. Only somebody who can’t read for comprehension–e.g., a slimepitster–could get that from what Ophelia wrote.

skeptixx, duness, et al–you are making this thread–which, for the reading impaired, is about rape culture, and how it impacts women in small as well as horrific ways–all about you and your campaign against Ophelia.

You are disgusting people. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but I suspect you’re incapable of shame, or of honest self-reflection to any degree whatsoever. Fuck off, and take teh stoopid with you, kthxbai.


Now, whoever Cutee and Duness are, they have been branded pitters. Well, actually pitsters, but we get the idea. Maybe we'll see them register here in the next days?

It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles.

In closing, I agreee with Skep Tickle, although I make the point less eloquently than she does. It must be that male privilege she hasn't checked in ages.
User avatar
Altair
.
.
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:38 pm  •  [Post 40308]

Altair wrote:I hoped they would think a little bit after reading Skeptixx's awesome post at B&W and would try to answer the points she raised (yes, I know, I should know better by now), but all we got was the usual crap from Stacy

Stacy wrote:
Cutee wrote:Ophelia Benson USED (yes, I said it) the brutalizing of a rape victim to further enhance the opinion, in some people’s minds, that she is a victim of anything even approaching this


No she didn’t, shithead. Only somebody who can’t read for comprehension–e.g., a slimepitster–could get that from what Ophelia wrote.

skeptixx, duness, et al–you are making this thread–which, for the reading impaired, is about rape culture, and how it impacts women in small as well as horrific ways–all about you and your campaign against Ophelia.

You are disgusting people. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but I suspect you’re incapable of shame, or of honest self-reflection to any degree whatsoever. Fuck off, and take teh stoopid with you, kthxbai.


Now, whoever Cutee and Duness are, they have been branded pitters. Well, actually pitsters, but we get the idea. Maybe we'll see them register here in the next days?

It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles.

In closing, I agreee with Skep Tickle, although I make the point less eloquently than she does. It must be that male privilege she hasn't checked in ages.


right... stacy.. ever think that maybe if it was posted by someone ELSE who didn't go on about themselves after posting it that they'd talk about the post rather than chiming in to support her post?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AchronTimeless » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 pm  •  [Post 40309]

franc wrote:Touché. But I am not going to claim an imgur image is gospel truth, a la Myers and the Great Fish Massacre. I did search but couldn't find anything, thus disclaimer. But eerily similar to past experience -

He: The real estate just called. They say they haven't gotten the rent. You did pay it didn't you?
She (sporting new ipod and cellphone): Of course I did sweetie.
He: Can I have the receipt?
She: (lips purse, various excuses)
He: Let's go to the real estate and sort it then
She: YOU WON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT (more excuses, some screaming, counter accusations, storms out of flat to call cops that she's terrified for her life from crazy boyfriend)

Etc. A drama that is played out in one variant or another every second of every day.


Yikes. That sounds eerily familiar. Granted, the way I got out of it was she had already violated her parole by not getting routine drug tests, so to falsely file a report, she'd have to go to the police and be arrested right after.
I squeak, therefore I am.

Opposing the skepchicks/a+/ftb makes you a male supremacist in the same way opposing christianity makes you a muslim
User avatar
AchronTimeless
.
.
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 pm
Location: Somewhere out of my mind

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:40 pm  •  [Post 40310]

Four Hundred
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AchronTimeless » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 pm  •  [Post 40311]

Al Stefanelli wrote:Four Hundred

Eucli's post count?
I squeak, therefore I am.

Opposing the skepchicks/a+/ftb makes you a male supremacist in the same way opposing christianity makes you a muslim
User avatar
AchronTimeless
.
.
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 pm
Location: Somewhere out of my mind

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby another lurker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm  •  [Post 40312]

I don't really have much of a problem with Ophelia - but then again, I have only read her blog on/off for a short while. In short, I know nothing.

I just watched Thunderf00ts video however, and he characterizes many FTBers as 'professional victims' and that sounds about right.
I am glad to have been exposed to this point of view and appreciate the time you took to express it.
I see you baby, shakin' that ass.
User avatar
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby dougal445 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm  •  [Post 40313]

AchronTimeless wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Four Hundred

Eucli's post count?


How many hats?
User avatar
dougal445
.
.
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:35 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm  •  [Post 40314]

AchronTimeless wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Four Hundred

Eucli's post count?


Er no, but you could stop being so obsessed with me? You've already tried net stalking me. It's bad enough that you now know you live near me and joked about running me over - no idea if you'd NOT do it though. Everyone knows one psychopath... I don't want to be lesbiraped in my sleep.So please no more name mentions so that your obsession calms down.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:44 pm  •  [Post 40315]

Altair wrote:... It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles. ...


Good point. I haven't been following the news reports & what I've heard only barely mentioned the man. It'd be great if he were mentioned more often & more prominently as a victim in the attack, not cast to the side of the road (yet again).
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm  •  [Post 40316]

JTC wrote:Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon


Cheers, Jerry. Love your work, keep it up. :handgestures-thumbup:
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm  •  [Post 40317]

Eucliwood wrote:lesbiraped


Well played, Eucli.

'Four Hundred' was in reference to my own post count, because there are those on certain blogging networks that seem to be obsessed with my post count here. Just reminding them, is all.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:47 pm  •  [Post 40318]

AchronTimeless wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Four Hundred

Eucli's post count?

Per hour?
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jimthepleb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:47 pm  •  [Post 40319]

This Indian rape story is more about class/caste than any other factor.
It's odd that the victim hasn't been named yet.
I hadn't realised that Ophie has moved to India though. I take back all my disbelief about her living in a misogynist culture.
"Dictionaries are not prescriptive, if you want to know how the word is used correctly, then educate yourself in feminism." theophontes (恶六六六缓步动物) explains misogyny and how definitions work.
User avatar
jimthepleb
.
.
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: you kay?

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:49 pm  •  [Post 40320]

bubblesort wrote:I like that quote, but I see privilege theory arguments as inherently Marxist rather than Stalinist (although Stalinism was kind of Marxist, I guess). The privilege check police seek to divide us into classes in order to create class conflict because their framework falls apart without class conflict. I've found that most people on A+ and even other non-atheist and non-activist forums I frequent who are the loudest privilege-check police are almost always Marxist. I've noticed a surge of Marxists in online communities over the past month or so, and they aren't always advocating privilege checks, sometimes they try to argue things like value theory.

Stalinism was only Marxist for as long as Stalin needed to seem Leninist. I don't think Stalin read much Marx, and what he did read he plainly did not understand. Once Lenin was dead, and various rivals were out of the way, Stalin could openly be what he'd always been: Stalinist. After that, economics and class theory were only window dressing for the real agenda: The ruthless and capricious wielding of total power by someone totally unfitted for authority of any kind.

Be grateful these little Web Warriors are only able to conduct their show trials and fulfil their execution quotas virtually. If they had real power it would be really ugly. Not that these runts are potential replicas of Stalin of course. They more like your low-ranking NKVD goon. Beating lest they be beaten.
“Let’s not just insult each other and cut off all discussion because we rationalists have somehow wandered into a land where emotion is king.” - Richard Dawkins
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby another lurker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm  •  [Post 40321]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-519888

Well, your job, blar, is to answer Joe Public’s stupid questions. If Joe Public goes on a private blog, gets in the middle of a discussion about feminism and expects everyone to halt and answer whatever stupid questions he has- it’s not our job to answer and we don’t owe him the courtesy of being polite to him.


This backs up my earlier point. They do not care to educate and convert the public. They just want a soapbox from which to berate people. It's all about fluffing up their fragile egos.
I am glad to have been exposed to this point of view and appreciate the time you took to express it.
I see you baby, shakin' that ass.
User avatar
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AchronTimeless » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm  •  [Post 40322]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:lesbiraped


Well played, Eucli.

'Four Hundred' was in reference to my own post count, because there are those on certain blogging networks that seem to be obsessed with my post count here. Just reminding them, is all.


Ah, well, at least it took you months to get there instead of days. Your posts are like a fine wine, best when aged and taken in satisfying sips.

Also, still got the dolt blocked, but that's a "word" I can only imagine coming from a FTB reject.
I squeak, therefore I am.

Opposing the skepchicks/a+/ftb makes you a male supremacist in the same way opposing christianity makes you a muslim
User avatar
AchronTimeless
.
.
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 pm
Location: Somewhere out of my mind

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm  •  [Post 40323]

Stephany Zwan says HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Image
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby JackRayner » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:53 pm  •  [Post 40324]

Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

Image


Yes. You see that, womyn of the world?! You are NEVER SAFE! No matter where you are, or who you're with, and especially NOT if it is a male! The violence, which is only ever committed my menz, makes ALL of us menz stronger! Even if the violence is being committed on us the great majority of the time, we ALL benefit from it!

So hide! Run! Live in fear, womynkind! GASSSP! :o LOOK OUT! BEHIND YOU-
User avatar
JackRayner
.
.
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Eucliwood » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm  •  [Post 40325]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:lesbiraped


Well played, Eucli.

'Four Hundred' was in reference to my own post count, because there are those on certain blogging networks that seem to be obsessed with my post count here. Just reminding them, is all.



Al, what an honor - how does it feel to have been witch of the week? Do you look forward to being witch of next week if they do not find someone else to talk about?

AchronTimeless wrote:Also, still got the dolt blocked, but that's a "word" I can only imagine coming from a FTB reject.


HAHAHA... all this post needs is a bit of irony - Is AchronTimeless banned from ANY of the Freethought Blogs? 'Cause I'm not, as far as I know. I'm still welcome to post at any of the blogs I choose.

Can someone tell me if AchronTimeless is even a bit of an FTB reject?

Anyway, the word "lesbiraped" has jackshit to do with FTB. If I'd never heard of the people at FTB, I would still be using the word. Total non sequitur. What a dumb ass.

Even if you can't see this, Achron, I hope you feel it. Do not refer me without a title - "mistress" "sama" "hime" or "your majesty" will do fine. I don't want subshit scum referring to me so casually. *sips tea*
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.
User avatar
Eucliwood
.
.
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 pm  •  [Post 40326]

jimthepleb wrote:Happy New Year Pitters
Where's my hat? I feel naked.


Image
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby masakari2012 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 pm  •  [Post 40327]

I won't be here in an hour, so Happy Fucking New Years! (in my time zone)
“I want to do whatever it takes to make sure that he [thunderf00t] is essentially drummed out of this movement, never invited to speak anywhere again and is forever a pariah.” - Ed Brayton
User avatar
masakari2012
.
.
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby xinit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:04 pm  •  [Post 40328]

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I'm just baking four dozen prosciutto and gruyère pinwheels. They'll be out of the oven in about 15 minutes. I'm in Atherton this evening, so if anyone want to pop round a grab a couple while they're still warm, feel free to do so. It's the house with the silver 2005 Honda CR-V and the red 1994 Miata parked outside.


Is this one of those Craigslist things? "Don't worry if we don't answer the door - there's a key in the flower pot. Just come in. There's a little game we like to play when people drop by... 'WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN? I'M CALLING THE COPS!'"
xinit
.
.
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 pm  •  [Post 40329]

somedumbguy wrote:FWIW, my stuff pulled out of my arse, is based on real world story after real world story after real world story.

And based on existence of the Innocence Project, and based on micro-economic incentive theory and based on an understanding of statistical analysis and statistical processes.


somedumbguy wrote:FWIW, my stuff pulled out of my arse, is based on real world story after real world story after real world story.

And based on existence of the Innocence Project, and based on micro-economic incentive theory and based on an understanding of statistical analysis and statistical processes.


unfortunately there isn't an accurate way to get the numbers. I have an excessive amount of anecdotes, and I don't expect anyone to consider that evidence of anything, which is one of the reasons I won't debate the point.
I cannot prove what I know to someone who doubts how common this is, because the majority of women are not going to admit anything like this, and they are not getting caught because the laws are in their favour. They know how easy it is to take advantage of the system. Crying wolf harms the real victims, but it significantly benefits the vindictive, especially when it comes to children and money, and there may be even more benefit with accusations of rape, because it is so difficult to prove innocence with the way the legal system is set up in the western world.

What is interesting is that many of those who doubt how often this happens, will agree that they have known a significant amount of women who were vindictive towards men who wanted out of the relationship, or who were not as interested as they were, or it was just sex and she knew that from the beginning, but hoped for more, or he never called after few dates. Nearly all adult men and women have been on the receiving end at least once. The difference is the reaction. How many women who find themselves in this situation react by wanting to hurt the person deliberately. Everyone has felt emotional pain caused by unrequited feelings, but when it comes to men, my experience has been that an extremely small minority become vindictive, but when it comes to the a majority of women, the pain immediately turns to animosity which for many becomes hostility and persecution. This is not new or unusual.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned - Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." -William Congreve 1695.

If that many women are capable of malice simply because a man does not feel the same way, why would it surprise anyone that there are numerous women who take it to the extreme?

Quite honestly I do not understand how it manifests that way for so many. I've never felt animosity towards someone because they did not feel the way I did. Pain, of course, sadness, but that never changed the way I felt about them, or made me want to see them suffer.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 pm  •  [Post 40330]

Skep tickle wrote:Image

(Hi Ophelia!)


So, as I understand it now, her comment about me supposedly gearing up to shoot Rebecca Watson (which I'm still irritated about) wasn't a one-off. In Ophelia's paranoia fueled by self importance world, anyone who is a critic of her and hers is a potential gunman.

I don't know how she types. Her monitor must be smeared with oozed craziness.
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm  •  [Post 40331]

Eucliwood wrote:
AchronTimeless wrote:Also, still got the dolt blocked, but that's a "word" I can only imagine coming from a FTB reject.


HAHAHA... all this post needs is a bit of irony - Is AchronTimeless banned from ANY of the Freethought Blogs? 'Cause I'm not, as far as I know. I'm still welcome to post at any of the blogs I choose.

Can someone tell me if AchronTimeless is even a bit of an FTB reject?

Anyway, the word "lesbiraped" has jackshit to do with FTB. If I'd never heard of the people at FTB, I would still be using the word. Total non sequitur. What a dumb ass.

Even if you can't see this, Achron, I hope you feel it. Do not refer me without a title - "mistress" "sama" "hime" or "your majesty" will do fine. I don't want subshit scum referring to me so casually. *sips tea*

Dale called...
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby xinit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm  •  [Post 40332]

franc wrote:Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.


I only mask identities when I post screencaps to Facebook - I run an atheist page and I've had a 24 hour and a 72 hour ban over images being flagged. People who come to the page, post the dumbest shit on my wall, have their ass handed to them, and then they delete the thread. I started capturing these conversations to avoid losing them.

Facebook calls it "bullying" or some sort of bullshit.
xinit
.
.
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:09 pm  •  [Post 40333]

xinit wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I'm just baking four dozen prosciutto and gruyère pinwheels. They'll be out of the oven in about 15 minutes. I'm in Atherton this evening, so if anyone want to pop round a grab a couple while they're still warm, feel free to do so. It's the house with the silver 2005 Honda CR-V and the red 1994 Miata parked outside.


Is this one of those Craigslist things? "Don't worry if we don't answer the door - there's a key in the flower pot. Just come in. There's a little game we like to play when people drop by... 'WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN? I'M CALLING THE COPS!'"

OMFG!!!! I'm being raped by xinit!!! Haaalp!
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiIO unplugged » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 pm  •  [Post 40334]

Mykeru wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:Happy New Year Pitters
Where's my hat? I feel naked.


Image


Why do I feel like I've woken up in Liddsville?
User avatar
KiwiIO unplugged
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm  •  [Post 40335]

sacha wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:FWIW, my stuff pulled out of my arse, is based on real world story after real world story after real world story.

And based on existence of the Innocence Project, and based on micro-economic incentive theory and based on an understanding of statistical analysis and statistical processes.


[spoiler]unfortunately there isn't an accurate way to get the numbers. I have an excessive amount of anecdotes, and I don't expect anyone to consider that evidence of anything, which is one of the reasons I won't debate the point.
I cannot prove what I know to someone who doubts how common this is, because the majority of women are not going to admit anything like this, and they are not getting caught because the laws are in their favour. They know how easy it is to take advantage of the system. Crying wolf harms the real victims, but it significantly benefits the vindictive, especially when it comes to children and money, and there may be even more benefit with accusations of rape, because it is so difficult to prove innocence with the way the legal system is set up in the western world.

What is interesting is that many of those who doubt how often this happens, will agree that they have known a significant amount of women who were vindictive towards men who wanted out of the relationship, or who were not as interested as they were, or it was just sex and she knew that from the beginning, but hoped for more, or he never called after few dates. Nearly all adult men and women have been on the receiving end at least once. The difference is the reaction. How many women who find themselves in this situation react by wanting to hurt the person deliberately. Everyone has felt emotional pain caused by unrequited feelings, but when it comes to men, my experience has been that an extremely small minority become vindictive, but when it comes to the a majority of women, the pain immediately turns to animosity which for many becomes hostility and persecution. This is not new or unusual.[/spoiler]
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned - Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." -William Congreve 1695.

If that many women are capable of malice simply because a man does not feel the same way, why would it surprise anyone that there are numerous women who take it to the extreme?

Quite honestly I do not understand how it manifests that way for so many. I've never felt animosity towards someone because they did not feel the way I did. Pain, of course, sadness, but that never changed the way I felt about them, or made me want to see them suffer.

That’s why you’re the head of GTI …. :-)
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Metalogic42 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 pm  •  [Post 40336]

So, I prefer to mostly just read what other people are saying; and if I do bother to open my mouth at all it's only occasionally, and really only to relieve boredom - I tend to just stay on the sidelines rather than "take sides" by actually joining a community. But after an extremely headdesk-worthy exchange on skepchick.org wherein I was accused of being a rapist even though I explicitly stated "rape is wrong" (here if you want to read it: http://skepchick.org/2012/12/skepchick- ... /#comments), I've realized that this ridiculousness is getting to be a huge problem, so I'm throwing my lot in with y'all.

So, hi everyone. I guess I'm an evil misogynistic bastard now. :lol:
Skepticism is more important than Atheism. Atheism protects you from false gods, but skepticism inoculates you against all forms of bullshit. http://skeptischism.com/skepticismfirst/
User avatar
Metalogic42
.
.
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm  •  [Post 40337]

JTC wrote:Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon


Hi Jerry great to see you here Daniel Waddell. From twitter
User avatar
Dan
.
.
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:09 am
Location: Straya Cunts

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm  •  [Post 40338]

Tigzy wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: So no more ageism against teenagers. Kthnx.


Nice one - I'd even go so far as to say you should be awarded an honest to goodness Agincourt salute for that.


hahaha!
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm  •  [Post 40339]

Mykeru wrote:So, as I understand it now, her comment about me supposedly gearing up to shoot Rebecca Watson (which I'm still irritated about) wasn't a one-off. In Ophelia's paranoia fueled by self importance world, anyone who is a critic of her and hers is a potential gunman.

I don't know how she types. Her monitor must be smeared with oozed craziness.

I haven't kept track of how many times she has thought someone was threatening to shoot her, and don't know which one she might have been referring to in her "Iron rod in the woman's body" post.

Being so worried about someone shooting you just because you've become the butt of jokes and you're "prominent" (ha) also strikes me as a pretty self-absorbed reaction, especially for someone who lives in Seattle, but I'm sure people's threshholds vary for this concern, and there have been some pretty crazed stalkers who seize on someone for who-knows-what reason (as at least 2 people here can testify, having had to deal with their own personal stalkers).
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3579
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 pm  •  [Post 40340]

Skep tickle wrote:
Mykeru wrote:So, as I understand it now, her comment about me supposedly gearing up to shoot Rebecca Watson (which I'm still irritated about) wasn't a one-off. In Ophelia's paranoia fueled by self importance world, anyone who is a critic of her and hers is a potential gunman.

I don't know how she types. Her monitor must be smeared with oozed craziness.

I haven't kept track of how many times she has thought someone was threatening to shoot her, and don't know which one she might have been referring to in her "Iron rod in the woman's body" post.

Being so worried about someone shooting you just because you've become the butt of jokes and you're "prominent" (ha) also strikes me as a pretty self-absorbed reaction, especially for someone who lives in Seattle, but I'm sure people's threshholds vary for this concern, and there have been some pretty crazed stalkers who seize on someone for who-knows-what reason (as at least 2 people here can testify, having had to deal with their own personal stalkers).

Is an iron rod the same as a WCoA?
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 5078
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptainFluffyBunny, Cunning Punt, feathers, JacquesCuze, Matt Cavanaugh, rakon and 15 guests