Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:47 pm  •  [Post 36901]

Gefan wrote:I apologize in advance for exceeding my non-existant seniority around here but maybe it's time we all back away from Greg Laden.
I don't know that much about him but he seems to be (a) increasingly emotionally fragile and (b) rendered harmless by his own sheer ineptitude. How far does someone's life have to progress down the crapper for them to start pining for the Stephalump for fuck's sake?
I don't know what the end-game is here and I don't have any desire to drive him to suicide. Aside from anything else, I'd miss the entertainment.

And, because I can't be bothered to do it myself, whoever wants to post the inevitable, Chris Crocker "Leave Greg Alone" picture, you have my blessing.

As long as he's acting like a complete cunt, forget it...
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:48 pm  •  [Post 36902]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Who's being smug eh? Just substitute some words -

Image
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby soldierwhy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 pm  •  [Post 36903]

Darren wrote:Nanny Ophie is much closer to a breakdown in my non-expert opinion.


Shit, that reminds me of a particularly odious troll who used to frequent the Army Rumour Service Boards:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/LadyNavyVet

The general concensus at the time was that the constant spittle-flecked vituperation she angrily posted drove her to simply explode.
User avatar
soldierwhy
.
.
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby justinvacula » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 pm  •  [Post 36904]

Response to Al's video:

Image
Blog
Facebook
Twitter

“Oh yes please tell me your BIG IMPORTANT WHITE ABLE NEUROTYPICAL CISMAN OPINIONS about these things.” - Kassiane
User avatar
justinvacula
.
.
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 pm  •  [Post 36905]

Reap wrote:I am here to get my orders from Abbie... I can not function unless she directs me.......I want to pee on greg ladens face but can not do so until I have permission from Abbie.....I must do her bidding......BTW Greg Laden is a bright as a dried up pea and half as witty


Errr she is busy in the lab making some winged monkeys or something.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby soldierwhy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 pm  •  [Post 36906]

It's been a while since I had a look at the ARRSE Wiki but does this remind you anyone we know?

Snufflepost
User avatar
soldierwhy
.
.
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 pm  •  [Post 36907]

Darren wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Darren wrote:Then why don't some of these pricks make a public stand against shit like this? Sorry, Justin, but I don't care how great these people are behind the scenes where no-one else can here them.


I know quite a few people who remain silent about the 'issues' online. However, they are watching, and seeing things for what they are. They are the silent majority. I think the time is coming that they will stand up and be counted. Everyone is sick of the FTB bullshit.


I'm not talking about your average Joe or Jane - I can understand why these people want to stay out of it. It's these bloggers at FtB who, supposedly, are on Justin's side, yet do nothing to object to the tyranny of the FC5. In fact, I don't understand why Justin doesn't just pack his bags and leave given how PZ is treating him.

Indeed. There's nothing particularly stopping him from setting up his own blog elsewhere, which is what I'd do if I were similarly treated. Given that FtB uses WordPress, it's possible (AFAIK) to simply export the original database and then import it on another WordPress-based blog.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm  •  [Post 36908]

Spence wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Justin linked to it in his post at Rock Beyond Belief (the one that's currently being discussed here).

Justin linked to SGBM's claim, which is far from the full story. Unfortunately, the full story is difficult to glean from the comments, because there was a whole bunch of stuff going down at the time. Which is why I'm trying to find out if anyone remembers it at the time. I think John Welch and Justicar have commented on it quite a bit from time to time.

SGBM is referring to the pharyngula wikia. While SGBM claims Maria did add some personal information - and as admin he would be in a position to know this - but he does not claim Maria added her home address, and furthermore this was after other things had already been written - of course all this is now memory-holed. Also, I thought the original doxxing happened at Laden's blog (also memory holed), not the wikia.

It's way more complicated than Justin makes it out to be. Although Maria can react in a provocative way sometimes (e.g. she had a strange one-sided falling out with Phil), my recollection is quite different to Justin's. But my recollection may not be completely correct, so I'm trying to see if anyone can fill in some of the gaps.


I wasn't aware of, much less following, that story when it happened. Here are a couple of places I found where Maria mentions it:
http://kazez.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-backlash-against-feminism.html?showComment=1345424560541#c4209192797442965015

http://beckytranssexual.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/how-very-dare-you/ (3rd to last comment and last comment)
"The Reader hereby agrees to accept all responsibility for any emotional turbulence that arises as a result of the perusal of this Text."
- Miri Mogilevsky
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Saint N. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 pm  •  [Post 36909]

Darren wrote:
They could not know it at the time, but while there was no reason for them to hear this story, Mallows felt a strong need to tell it. He needed to tell it now because he knew a punctuation event was about to occur, and this story would be that one perfect paragraph to be so ended.


Is English Greg's native tongue? Hard to say.


Is it ironic that Laden writes like a human spambot?

Al Stefanelli wrote:My latest video:

An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc.

fTpHj3HvVC4


Good stuff Al, but something tells me all their going to hear is "...hate men and Caucasians..." and from there use it as evidence that you're indeed a racist and a sexist who fears having his 'privilege' attacked. From the looks of what Justin posted above this may already have happened. Nonetheless it's a needed message for lurkers to hear.
Evidence or GTFO
Saint N.
.
.
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:08 pm  •  [Post 36910]

Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:32 pm  •  [Post 36911]

soldierwhy wrote:
Darren wrote:Nanny Ophie is much closer to a breakdown in my non-expert opinion.


Shit, that reminds me of a particularly odious troll who used to frequent the Army Rumour Service Boards:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/LadyNavyVet

The general concensus at the time was that the constant spittle-flecked vituperation she angrily posted drove her to simply explode.

I should visit ARRSE more often. At it's best it's very funny and also very cruel e.g.
Popular legend recounts that she died mid-post, and was found slumped face-down onto the keyboard.

Her death caused about ten minutes of soul searching by some of the wetter members of the site who wondered if they might have contributed to her untimely demise. Her NOK refused Arrse's request for a web-cam at the autopsy, but we did manage to snap up the dribble-soaked keyboard on e-bay. Result.


Which is about my position on the 'Greg Laden may be close to the edge' notion. It's also my position on Ed Brayton:
So, Black and Decker to the sternum and they are shocked to find a ton of fluid in my chest, pushing down on my heart and lungs and making my heart go into overdrive to keep oxygen in my system. They do a biopsy on the lymph nodes, clean things up, install three chest tubes and sew me back up. Sometime in the middle of the night, I ripped out my ventilator tube (I told them that better not be on my bill, I did it myself). As for what caused all of this, that’s still not certain.


Not certain? I'll give you my diagnosis right here Ed:

Image

It's called being a big fat bastard!

The good news is that I have health insurance, which I pay on a COBRA from my job with AINN (it runs out in six months and I’ll have to get my own insurance, which thankfully can’t be denied anymore because of the preexisting condition). But I’m still going to have some significant out-of-pocket expenses and loss of income during the recovery period (it’s going to be a couple months before I’m really back to normal). So you can certainly help out financially if you have the means to do so and it would be greatly appreciated.


Yep, it's Ed's turn to go on the scrounge. The quotes are from Greta Christina's blog (wouldn't you know it). I've got a better idea Ed, cut down your food intake to say two cows per day and you'll easily save enough to pay the bills. Or you could ditch that useless FTB network and save money that way. I mean the standard position is that you don't make money from it right? Well, even if you did, not for much longer, going by the figures.
“Let’s not just insult each other and cut off all discussion because we rationalists have somehow wandered into a land where emotion is king.” - Richard Dawkins
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 pm  •  [Post 36912]

Darren wrote:Holy crap, it gets better:

In his book, Greg Laden wrote:It was a dark and stormy night. That was normal, since it was night so the sun was down, and it was the rainforest so it was raining.


LOLOLOLOL...


Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4393
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 pm  •  [Post 36913]

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa - Greg's book has just garnered another review. One which ends with this pretty devastating line:

Hopefully Mr Laden has another occupation since writing will most certainly not pay his bills.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009R8ASRG/ref=s9_simh_se_p351_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-no-results-center-1&pf_rd_r=29E507DB31714DF68DC9&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=sundugodo


Yes indeed. Old Greggy's book is down to 2.5 stars. What with being down with the family working on my netbook I'm limited in ways I can hit Laden in the ego and wallet. When I get back, making sure that his book is properly reviewed, and that ... well, Greg reads The SlymePit, so we'll just keep the next exciting installment of Mirthfully Fuck with Greg under wraps.

Punker wrote:I hope that the people posting these book reviews have actually read the book


Yes, Of course they had.

Dan wrote:
Punker wrote:I hope that the people posting these book reviews have actually read the book



I did read a Kindle sample of it before I wrote my review but I didn't read the whole book. Based on the sample I think my review is reasonable.I can't see the full version of the book being any better.


That's fair. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to give their opinion on a book unless they have read all the way through it. Some books are so horribly written that most people wouldn't be able to get through the first few pages. Laden's book seems to be one of them. If anyone can cite an example of a book where the writer used the brilliant conceit of writing total shit for the first couple dozen pages, and then turned brilliant, I'd like to hear it.

Darren wrote:Is English Greg's native tongue? Hard to say.


English was Joseph Conrad's third language. Greg Laden is no Conrad. My own ex-wife began learning English in the equivalent of 6th grade and spoke almost accentless American Standard. The only thing she was weak on were slang and idiom. Apparently language use is a matter of intelligence.

Gefan wrote:I apologize in advance for exceeding my non-existant seniority around here but maybe it's time we all back away from Greg Laden.
I don't know that much about him but he seems to be (a) increasingly emotionally fragile and (b) rendered harmless by his own sheer ineptitude. How far does someone's life have to progress down the crapper for them to start pining for the Stephalump for fuck's sake?
I don't know what the end-game is here and I don't have any desire to drive him to suicide. Aside from anything else, I'd miss the entertainment.


Last I checked seniority (past being a guesty newb) makes fuck-all difference in The Pit. So does mod status. For example, Lsouma is a jumped up little prick. He knows it, I know it, he knows I know it and we are all around knowledgeable about it.

Your concern is noted and admirable, but honestly, I'm not going to write Laden a pass just because he's mental. To use a flawed analogy, if he wants to dance on a ledge, I'm not going to stand in the street yelling "jump", but neither am I going to risk myself to save him from himself.

Actions have consequences. Laden has done a lot of these actions and has mostly skirted on the consequences. Laden's mistake this time around is to target someone who just doesn't give a shit about his scary doxxy shit, and has an overdeveloped sense of theatricality and justice. Kind of like Batman. With horns. And googly lemur eyes.

I have considered the advantages of taking the strap-on gimp bitch high road and taking my share of being fucked in the ass in a completely enlightened and passive manner, and considered the obvious fragile mental state that Laden calls home and considered moderating my response to be a little more measured and less lulzy and...

Naaah. Fuck that.

Let's fuck with him. Using the three-prong attack of mockery, contempt and the truth.

However if I push Laden to the point where he decides to put a bullet through his brain I will give my deepest condolences to the bullet, as nothing should be forced to transverse that hot mess of crazy crammed into his skull.
"...and the age of sophists, calculators and economists was upon us." --The Hitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxpkcQUCeo
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4545
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:43 pm  •  [Post 36914]

real horrorshow wrote:I've got a better idea Ed, cut down your food intake to say two cows per day and you'll easily save enough to pay the bills.


Come on, show of hands. Who didn't laugh at this? :D
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:48 pm  •  [Post 36915]

Ed, just call Greta. She was "cured" from her "illness" so quickly she undoubtedly has thousands of donated dollars remaining she can give you.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4393
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:49 pm  •  [Post 36916]

Mykeru wrote:Lsouma is a jumped up little prick. He knows it, I know it, he knows I know it and we are all around knowledgeable about it.


Lsuoma: Little White Prick of Authority!
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4393
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:57 pm  •  [Post 36917]

Maria has seen Justin's article:

Image
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:58 pm  •  [Post 36918]

Darren wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:I've got a better idea Ed, cut down your food intake to say two cows per day and you'll easily save enough to pay the bills.


Come on, show of hands. Who didn't laugh at this? :D


I tried not to...I mean, I can sympathise with Ed, but...

Honestly, Ed - who ate all the pies here, eh? :lol: Didn't you even take it as a warning sign that the last person who told you you needed a bypass was a motorway engineer?
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:59 pm  •  [Post 36919]

Gumby wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Lsouma is a jumped up little prick. He knows it, I know it, he knows I know it and we are all around knowledgeable about it.


Lsuoma: Little White Prick of Authority!

Image
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby John Brown » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm  •  [Post 36920]

Can anyone glean what's going on between @bluharmony and Justin Griffith on Twitter?
“Anyone who wants to say anything abusive about or to me is quite free to do so, and welcome, in fact, at their own risk." -Christopher Hitchens
User avatar
John Brown
.
.
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm  •  [Post 36921]

Image
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby John Brown » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm  •  [Post 36922]

Darren wrote:Image


What is this referring to? I'm afraid I've missed this particular kerfuffle.
“Anyone who wants to say anything abusive about or to me is quite free to do so, and welcome, in fact, at their own risk." -Christopher Hitchens
User avatar
John Brown
.
.
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm  •  [Post 36923]

It looks like Justin has retracted the portion of his post in which he claimed bluharmony doxxed herself...
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm  •  [Post 36924]

John Brown wrote:What is this referring to? I'm afraid I've missed this particular kerfuffle.


Just wait five minutes for the next one ;)

This one was an off-shoot of JG's attack on Laden in which he also took a swipe at bluharmony. I'm still trying to figure out for myself wat the whole story with blu is...
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 pm  •  [Post 36925]

John Brown wrote:Can anyone glean what's going on between @bluharmony and Justin Griffith on Twitter?


In a nutshell - Justin Griffith's latest blog post concerning Greg Laden's doxxing of Mykeru -http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/12/23/greg-laden-posts-a-home-address-and-employer-contacts-for-online-rival/ - had a part where he claimed that Bluharmony gaslighted Laden and doxxed herself. This has since been edited by JG - Bluharmony, having presumably seen the unedited version, is therefore spitting razors over it.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby John Brown » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:12 pm  •  [Post 36926]

Tigzy wrote:
John Brown wrote:Can anyone glean what's going on between @bluharmony and Justin Griffith on Twitter?


In a nutshell - Justin Griffith's latest blog post concerning Greg Laden's doxxing of Mykeru -http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/12/23/greg-laden-posts-a-home-address-and-employer-contacts-for-online-rival/ - had a part where he claimed that Bluharmony gaslighted Laden and doxxed herself. This has since been edited by JG - Bluharmony, having presumably seen the unedited version, is therefore spitting razors over it.


Ah. Quite a dishonest move, that. Better to leave the offending post in tact and amend with a correction and an apology, rather than send it down the memory hole.

I understand I'm "preaching to the choir;" but, still...
“Anyone who wants to say anything abusive about or to me is quite free to do so, and welcome, in fact, at their own risk." -Christopher Hitchens
User avatar
John Brown
.
.
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:12 pm  •  [Post 36927]

*Edit to my previous post - that should have been Laden's attempted doxxing of Mykeru. In typical inept fashion, Laden has actually doxxed a complete stranger.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

AL

Postby mordacious1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 pm  •  [Post 36928]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
My latest video:

An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc.


Al, did you light a cigarette and then talk for 11 minutes without taking a puff? I guess that's one way of cutting back on smoking.
User avatar
mordacious1
.
.
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Ape+lust » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:15 pm  •  [Post 36929]

Haw! There goes Ophelia again - Al's video has "ragey rage."

Mykeru's comic affectation was "vibrating with rage." You'd probably have to mop the floor if she ever heard a Pathe newsreel. I guess anyone more animated than her mopey demeanor is a rager. RAAAAAGER.

Ophelia wrote:I’m breaking my usual rule of ignoring it to check the veracity of Al’s claims about the sp at the end of his video.


"I’m breaking my usual rule of ignoring it before breakfast to check the veracity of Al’s claims about the sp at the end of his video."

FTFY.
User avatar
Ape+lust
.
.
 
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm  •  [Post 36930]

papillon wrote:
Greg (General ass kicker) Laden wrote:… I do not regard physical threats as unimportant. It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.


Greg (General ass kicker) Laden wrote:I may or may not have exaggerated about the pit bull, the gun, and the marshal arts.


....and your talent as a writer.


I dunno, if he starts singing Gilbert & Sullivan at me, I'd run like hell.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right. Also, if the worst thing that happens in my day is you not talking to me anymore? Fuck yeah!
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm  •  [Post 36931]

justinvacula wrote:Response to Al's video:

Image


The difference is that the white males on Al's "hate list" happen to be white and happen to be male. Race and gender doesn't enter into it. However, in non-plussedville it's white privilege and male privilege. The bad guys in their little fairytale are white males in various forms, old, able-bodied, heterosexual. While in Al's case (and I'm speaking unequivocally here) it's because they're insufferable douchecanoes up shit creek.

Besides, isn't patriarchy a two-way street? According to feminist theory, men suffer, too. Okay, so why are they always the culprits?

Oh, and isn't it amusing that "white" and "male" privilege is considered the highest form of privilege, owing the right to speak on whatever (making the argument that people who aren't white and male can't), yet as soon as you speak on an issue with the wrong opinion (in their eyes) and happen to be white and male (and old, as that counts too) that right is immediately revoked? As a sign of your "white" and "male" privilege?

In other words, that the opinion would carry more weight were you not white but black and not male but female?

Do the minorities in the community endorse FTB in this antic of infantilizing them?
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:36 pm  •  [Post 36932]

Mr Danksworth wrote:Response from Justin to Tigzy....
Justin Griffith response:
This will be the only comment I let through like this.

To the anti-FTB: people I vehemently disagree that ‘all of FtB’ supports Laden. Initially, I even gave off signals that they didn’t have to publicly ‘have my back’. The only reason they may have even entertained not dropping him was because nothing like that had ever happened before, and hindsight is 20/20. You’ll never know how great Ed Brayton was to me on the phone. You’ll never know how many of the people here privately wrote to me in support. It really meant a lot to me, and you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Yeah, there are like two people here on cordial terms with him… that’s a pretty good percentage for a group of people connected only by atheism.

Several of my co-bloggers who you describe as not giving a shit about military activism have agreed to speak at military bases, or even joined the lineup at RBB2. Your premise is just wrong. When you say they don’t even care about skepticism anymore, you’re also talking about me. You’re also talking about people who never claimed to care about skepticism. Some are biblical scholars, scientists, or philosophers. Some write about sexuality and gender issues, we even have a drunken chef who likes good music. It’s not a perfect harmonious family, but what the hell did you expect?

I messed up a bit too. I pissed them off and I apologized. I also accidentally allowed people to freely shitting on my friends here. I am much better at moderating comments now. Though you didn’t say this, I want to address one last point. I don’t see why people think it’s for the $ or the hits. I donate every penny to charity / activism, and it isn’t that much.

To the anti-Justin Griffith people:Conversely, the other side of the narrative is off too. You’ll never know how many top-tier atheists wrote to me in confidence, expressing their condolences at my treatment. You’ll never know how I detested being fit into the ‘slyme pit’ narrative, appearing on their ‘body count list’ etc. Few of you will ever know the stresses of dealing with multiple credible death threats, and how an activist with my level of visibility simply has to take all of them seriously and let the FBI make the call. You likely won’t realize the extreme restraint I used, and part of me still regrets not doing so. Like I said, I wouldn’t expect somebody like Laden to fight fair, it doesn’t take a genius to ambush somebody.

If you give a shit about harassment, threats, and mental health issues like PTSD, what is your deal? Stop it.

To everyone: Do not rehash the elevator gate, or talk about why you hate RW, or shit like that. Do not respond to it if it gets by me temporarily. I’m going to heavily moderate this discussion. It is what it is. Stay only on the topic of the content of this post. Or don’t comment if you can’t hold back.


I'm steadily getting to where I have no fucks to give about Justin or his fucking "cause". I didn't have a problem with him disassociating from the 'pit before, I understood why. But his latest round is coming up self-serving as fuck, and almost a bit oolonish in terms of playing both sides. He's also coming across as kind of stupid and desperate:

To the anti-FTB: people I vehemently disagree that ‘all of FtB’ supports Laden. Initially, I even gave off signals that they didn’t have to publicly ‘have my back’. The only reason they may have even entertained not dropping him was because nothing like that had ever happened before, and hindsight is 20/20. You’ll never know how great Ed Brayton was to me on the phone. You’ll never know how many of the people here privately wrote to me in support. It really meant a lot to me, and you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Yeah, there are like two people here on cordial terms with him… that’s a pretty good percentage for a group of people connected only by atheism.


So you're the fat chick they'll fuck, but when anyone else is around, they don't know you. Awesome dude, way to rock the self-esteem. I guess as long as they wash their dicks after they pull out of your ass, but before they jizz on your face, it shows they really care. Okay, they call you a fat fucking cow when their friends are around, but they always lube you up before anal, so they really respect you.

ANYone can be brave in private. Other than Hallq in ONE post on Abbie's Facebook, and Brayton saying he canned laden, exactly how many of those fuckers, in public and on their sites, explicitly stood up for you?

Yeah, you go ahead and count that up. I'd love to be wrong, I doubt I am.

They all stand by you, through tuck and thin...as long as no one knows about it. I don't know what I'm talking about? Maybe so, but I know the difference between someone being brave even in public and someone who only goes out with you to places no one they know will ever show up. The question is, do you?

Maybe Justin, maybe if you suck his dick enough, PZ will even talk to you nice in public.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right. Also, if the worst thing that happens in my day is you not talking to me anymore? Fuck yeah!
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:48 pm  •  [Post 36933]

Gefan wrote:I apologize in advance for exceeding my non-existant seniority around here but maybe it's time we all back away from Greg Laden.
I don't know that much about him but he seems to be (a) increasingly emotionally fragile and (b) rendered harmless by his own sheer ineptitude. How far does someone's life have to progress down the crapper for them to start pining for the Stephalump for fuck's sake?
I don't know what the end-game is here and I don't have any desire to drive him to suicide. Aside from anything else, I'd miss the entertainment.

And, because I can't be bothered to do it myself, whoever wants to post the inevitable, Chris Crocker "Leave Greg Alone" picture, you have my blessing.


Greg wanted to play Internet badass. He made that decision. That it now bites him in the sack is of little worry to me. I'd be quite happy were he to start blogging about, you know, science on his scienceblogs site and stop being so fucking creepy towards Abbie. But if he wants to play double-down douche, fine with me, I'll play. There are 7B people in the world. Laden or me or really anyone being gone because they couldn't take the shit they doled out is not even a trajedi, much less a tragedy. He wants this crusade, he can have alllll of it.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right. Also, if the worst thing that happens in my day is you not talking to me anymore? Fuck yeah!
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm  •  [Post 36934]

[quote="Al Stefanelli"]My latest video:

An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc.

(look up the vid)/quote]

Beautiful vid, my man! Beautiful.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:02 pm  •  [Post 36935]

Gefan wrote:I apologize in advance for exceeding my non-existant seniority around here but maybe it's time we all back away from Greg Laden.
I don't know that much about him but he seems to be (a) increasingly emotionally fragile and (b) rendered harmless by his own sheer ineptitude. How far does someone's life have to progress down the crapper for them to start pining for the Stephalump for fuck's sake?
I don't know what the end-game is here and I don't have any desire to drive him to suicide. Aside from anything else, I'd miss the entertainment.

And, because I can't be bothered to do it myself, whoever wants to post the inevitable, Chris Crocker "Leave Greg Alone" picture, you have my blessing.


I have no desire to push someone to the point of Stephalump. However, reading over Greg Laden's tweets and posts, yeah, there's no way this guy is anywhere near this edge (though I could be wrong). He is a sad little man attempting to flex is flaccid muscles in order to make the likes of Watson and Benson squeal. I'm sure he's accomplished this thus far so maybe would *could* back off in our honesty.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:06 pm  •  [Post 36936]

Punker wrote:I hope that the people posting these book reviews have actually read the book


Believe it or not, I actually have a bookmark that goes straight to his book in my tabs on this computer. I use it as a reference for helping people to write and to think about what they're writing - it's a great example of "what not to do".

I think a fair number of 'pitters read the book - it was disected a month or so ago when it first came out.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: TasLOLma on outdated rape culture and the new gangrape c

Postby astrokid.nj » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm  •  [Post 36937]

John Brown wrote:I've been following this story for the past few days. It's quite remarkable and I believe the whole event and the aftermath speaks volumes. Rape is so abhorrent that a documented, public case of it is enough to trigger mass protests, to the point where the police are needed to gas and beat back the mob.

It seems to me that the reaction should be heartening to feminists world wide, especially since it's happening in a country which is quite literally patriarchal in nature (though not nearly as much as it was even in the recent past).

Now, imagine if it were a man not being gang raped, but brutally murdered by a gang of people on the street.

What would the reaction be to that?

I am an Indian living in the US for several years now. I saw through the feminist bullshit "historical oppression of women" narrative quite easily because of my background.. growing up in India, in simpler times in a collectivist system.. joint families and no runaway individualism. No points for guessing who absorbs all the violence (sample), who gets all the responsibilities such as providing for the family..including parents. Any shirking of responsibilities will earn you social shaming. They have even set up a law now whereby old parents can sue their children-with-means if they dont take care of parents in old age. Sure there's loads of crime, but by and large if you mess with a woman against her will, her brothers or father or white knights will bash you up.
User avatar
astrokid.nj
.
.
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Atheist MRA MGTOW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:11 pm  •  [Post 36938]

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: TasLOLma on outdated rape culture and the new gangrape c

Postby John Brown » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:15 pm  •  [Post 36939]

astrokid.nj wrote:
John Brown wrote:I've been following this story for the past few days. It's quite remarkable and I believe the whole event and the aftermath speaks volumes. Rape is so abhorrent that a documented, public case of it is enough to trigger mass protests, to the point where the police are needed to gas and beat back the mob.

It seems to me that the reaction should be heartening to feminists world wide, especially since it's happening in a country which is quite literally patriarchal in nature (though not nearly as much as it was even in the recent past).

Now, imagine if it were a man not being gang raped, but brutally murdered by a gang of people on the street.

What would the reaction be to that?

I am an Indian living in the US for several years now. I saw through the feminist bullshit "historical oppression of women" narrative quite easily because of my background.. growing up in India, in simpler times in a collectivist system.. joint families and no runaway individualism. No points for guessing who absorbs all the violence (sample), who gets all the responsibilities such as providing for the family..including parents. Any shirking of responsibilities will earn you social shaming. They have even set up a law now whereby old parents can sue their children-with-means if they dont take care of parents in old age. Sure there's loads of crime, but by and large if you mess with a woman against her will, her brothers or father or white knights will bash you up.


Interesting. I'll have to read through the links and rectify my ignorance on the matter. I admittedly know very little about Indian culture and was relying on "conventional wisdom" when I spoke about their "patriarchal system."

My expertise lies a bit to the northeast in China.
“Anyone who wants to say anything abusive about or to me is quite free to do so, and welcome, in fact, at their own risk." -Christopher Hitchens
User avatar
John Brown
.
.
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 pm  •  [Post 36940]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.

FTB == Frequently Try Begging.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby mikelf » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 pm  •  [Post 36941]

welch wrote:I'm steadily getting to where I have no fucks to give about Justin or his fucking "cause". I didn't have a problem with him disassociating from the 'pit before, I understood why. But his latest round is coming up self-serving as fuck, and almost a bit oolonish in terms of playing both sides. He's also coming across as kind of stupid and desperate:


I think Justin has a strong need to belong. I seem to recall that he was pretty messed up before joining the military. The structure and emphasis on unit probably is really good for him and he pays it back with extreme loyalty. I suspect the same type of thing is going on with him over at FTB.

Ed Brayton was probably one of the first, if not the first, big name atheist to champion his (Justin's) cause way back in the Scienceblog days. I can see where he could have a great deal of loyalty to Ed and FTB (as Ed's brainchild.) Being told in private that the others have his back really plays off his sense of unit and loyalty. I don't think he gets that the fact that they aren't willing to say anything in public is the tell with regard to how they really feel about him and how far (not far) they'll go to support him. If he ever cottons on to that fact, it will get ugly.
User avatar
mikelf
.
.
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:21 pm  •  [Post 36942]

welch wrote:
So you're the fat chick they'll fuck, but when anyone else is around, they don't know you. Awesome dude, way to rock the self-esteem. I guess as long as they wash their dicks after they pull out of your ass, but before they jizz on your face, it shows they really care. Okay, they call you a fat fucking cow when their friends are around, but they always lube you up before anal, so they really respect you.



OI! say what you like, but anal with fat chicks rocks!
I came for the banter and now you abuse my missus
fuck you dude fuck you.....
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jimthepleb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm  •  [Post 36943]

above post mine..apologies not signed in...again
"Indolent hand wringers" Richard Dworkins describing the baboons. http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks
User avatar
jimthepleb
.
.
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: you kay?

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm  •  [Post 36944]

Fuck, I hate it when people fuck with blu. She's such a nice person. Just a really nice goodnatured person. She doesn't deserve that shit. Especially as it doesn't seem even fucking relevant.

I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jimthepleb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm  •  [Post 36945]

i thought stef-e-lump was a smack-head in a previous life?
"Indolent hand wringers" Richard Dworkins describing the baboons. http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks
User avatar
jimthepleb
.
.
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: you kay?

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 pm  •  [Post 36946]

Aw fuck I can't help myself. From his bio:

Greg Laden was born in Albany New York and subsequently lived in the Boston area and Milwaukee and spent a total of several years in Zaire (now Congo) and South Africa.


How many years in total? Hard to say.

OKAY, I AM A HYPOCRITE, I ADMIT IT BUT FUCK. FUCK.

ReneeHendricks wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.


I don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 pm  •  [Post 36947]

rayshul wrote:Aw fuck I can't help myself. From his bio:

Greg Laden was born in Albany New York and subsequently lived in the Boston area and Milwaukee and spent a total of several years in Zaire (now Congo) and South Africa.


How many years in total? Hard to say.

OKAY, I AM A HYPOCRITE, I ADMIT IT BUT FUCK. FUCK.

ReneeHendricks wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.


I don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.


I think it has more to do with "I'll be out of work and not paid so give me money to compensate". Fucking irritating beyond belief.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:39 pm  •  [Post 36948]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
rayshul wrote: don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.


I think it has more to do with "I'll be out of work and not paid so give me money to compensate". Fucking irritating beyond belief.


They all need to learn fucking saving and financial responsibility and shit.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:42 pm  •  [Post 36949]

Guest wrote:
welch wrote:
So you're the fat chick they'll fuck, but when anyone else is around, they don't know you. Awesome dude, way to rock the self-esteem. I guess as long as they wash their dicks after they pull out of your ass, but before they jizz on your face, it shows they really care. Okay, they call you a fat fucking cow when their friends are around, but they always lube you up before anal, so they really respect you.



OI! say what you like, but anal with fat chicks rocks!
I came for the banter and now you abuse my missus
fuck you dude fuck you.....

So I said "Slap that!" and ride the ripples.
I've just got to get me gob around her greasy nipples.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gefan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 pm  •  [Post 36950]

jimthepleb wrote:i thought stef-e-lump was a smack-head in a previous life?


Doubtful. Junkies tend to be skinny.
User avatar
Gefan
.
.
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: In a handbasket, apparently.

Re: AL

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:50 pm  •  [Post 36951]

mordacious1 wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
My latest video:

An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc.


Al, did you light a cigarette and then talk for 11 minutes without taking a puff? I guess that's one way of cutting back on smoking.


In fact, I did. Lmao. I smoked two afterward, just to catch up.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 pm  •  [Post 36952]

Is it just me? Go to google and search tubgirls place using the string format -

site:tuibguy.com searchterm

First I thought I picked up some browser hijacker, but I haven't - only his site barf's up this shit.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/xcu26v.jpg

Curious for someone else to try.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gefan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:55 pm  •  [Post 36953]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.


Shit. When I first heard about your partner's medical situation I asked if you had a Paypal account. If you took offense to that, I apologize.

Regarding Laden, "drive someone to Stephalump" should become part of the lexicon. Also, I don't think he will, as Mykeru put it, "put a bullet through his brain" because I very much doubt he's that good a shot.
User avatar
Gefan
.
.
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: In a handbasket, apparently.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BarnOwl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 pm  •  [Post 36954]

real horrorshow wrote:Which is about my position on the 'Greg Laden may be close to the edge' notion. It's also my position on Ed Brayton:
So, Black and Decker to the sternum and they are shocked to find a ton of fluid in my chest, pushing down on my heart and lungs and making my heart go into overdrive to keep oxygen in my system. They do a biopsy on the lymph nodes, clean things up, install three chest tubes and sew me back up. Sometime in the middle of the night, I ripped out my ventilator tube (I told them that better not be on my bill, I did it myself). As for what caused all of this, that’s still not certain.



IANACS*, but several things about this story don't seem quite right, or at least seem exaggerated for dramatic effect. First of all, a morbidly obese person with an unhealthy lifestyle has had "open heart surgery", lymph node biopsies, and three chest tubes placed, and is blogging away merrily just a few days later? I'd believe that a sternal window was made and fluid drained from his thorax, but I'm having trouble with the "open heart surgery" part, which I associate with coronary artery bypass, aneurysm repair, valve replacement, heart transplant, or correction of a congenital heart defect. I'm thinking sternum sawed in half, rib spreaders, heart-lung machine, the whole bloody nine yards, and I don't think that's what Ed had. Call me hyper-skeptical. Also call me a person who worked as a nurse aide on a cardiovascular floor for the pre- and post-op patients of a certain Dr. M.E. DeBakey. Patients who came back to the floor from the ICU after having open heart surgery wouldn't have been up to the task of blogging for the first few days, had such a thing existed ... I know, because I was usually the one who had to convince them and help them to sit up on the edge of the bed ("dangle") and then walk the first time post-op. All of that would have been even more difficult, complicated, and prolonged for a patient who was Ed's size.

* Cardiothoracic Surgeon
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:02 pm  •  [Post 36955]

rayshul wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
rayshul wrote: don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.


I think it has more to do with "I'll be out of work and not paid so give me money to compensate". Fucking irritating beyond belief.


They all need to learn fucking saving and financial responsibility and shit.


Here's what bugs the living shit out of me - my guy may very well have to deal with some awful shit. He'll still go to work nearly every day he's able. Even if he's dragging ass, feels like shit, everything hurts, he'll still go to work. People like Greta and Ed? They'd rather beg for money. And that hits me on some serious levels now.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:06 pm  •  [Post 36956]

franc wrote:Is it just me? Go to google and search tubgirls place using the string format -

site:tuibguy.com searchterm

First I thought I picked up some browser hijacker, but I haven't - only his site barf's up this shit.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/xcu26v.jpg

Curious for someone else to try.

Same for me: pharma scam sites.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm  •  [Post 36957]

Gefan wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ed Brayton's had some heart surgery, and has now realized that his and Meyers's vanity project ain't gonna cover his down time.

So, he's gone the Greta route and has the begging bowl out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/12/23/how-can-you-help/


I saw that and opted to just be quiet. It's over the fucking top irritating because Ed will not lose much money in the whole scheme of things. I know that my guy and I most likely make less than he and his...yet, we would never, ever feel the need to beg publicly for money. I let it go by with Greta but this is just the beggar's fucking straw. I have no compassion left for these people. And I have to say it's completely because of my own personal code of ethics. Ed and Greta just fucking stomped all over that code.


Shit. When I first heard about your partner's medical situation I asked if you had a Paypal account. If you took offense to that, I apologize.

Regarding Laden, "drive someone to Stephalump" should become part of the lexicon. Also, I don't think he will, as Mykeru put it, "put a bullet through his brain" because I very much doubt he's that good a shot.


Oh! No offense at all!! The thing is, my guy and I are used to doing things with very little, if we have to. Neither of us will look toward family or whatever for financial help. It's the way we are and the way we were brought up. I appreciate it when people offer to help, believe me. But it's very hard to take.

A similar but different take on being given funds voluntaritly - my middle daughter has received a lot of extra money recently for a little bit of her artwork and we've had to reconcile our feelings on this. She knows that the money she's received is to go to things to further her art. But, still, it's hard to reconcile. She has been working extra hard to feel as though she's earned that money.

I suppose it has to do with how one is brought up. If you have everything given to you, you almost expect it later in life. If you've worked very hard for what you have, you don't tend to ask for hand-outs.

I hope this makes sense and I want you to know that no offense at all was taken :)
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:10 pm  •  [Post 36958]

rayshul wrote:[snip]
I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.

I don't know what Laden's financial situation is. That apartment in his building was going for $829 (per month I guess), but that was a one bedroom, maybe the Laden's have one one of the larger flats. Apparently $829 is below average in his home town, which is a tough place to rent. I don't know how that compares with the US generally. His previous place looked nicer and the one before that was much nicer. So maybe he is coming down in the world.

None of that, however has anything to do with the man's mental health issues - and that's assuming he has any. Nor does it have to do with the way he behaves. Maybe he has some diagnosable condition, but I can't diagnose it. Certainly not from here. I'm left to judge by the only reliable, objective criteria I have: his conduct; the image of himself he chooses to project. From those data, I conclude he's a sack of shit. If there's reasonable insurance to provide for his NOK, I'd say his death would be a net benefit to the world.
“Let’s not just insult each other and cut off all discussion because we rationalists have somehow wandered into a land where emotion is king.” - Richard Dawkins
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 pm  •  [Post 36959]

Voluntaritly - LOL Ok, I'm off to bed. Clearly I can't type or spell at the moment :D
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 pm  •  [Post 36960]

rayshul wrote:Fuck, I hate it when people fuck with blu. She's such a nice person. Just a really nice goodnatured person. She doesn't deserve that shit. Especially as it doesn't seem even fucking relevant.


You mean the previous [now deleted] comments from JG about Maria “doxing herself”? I think JG recognized that that was a mistake and removed the statements. However, as someone else pointed out, that seems somewhat worse than useless – I likewise figure JG should have left the offending comment there and then have fallen on his sword – figuratively speaking – in apologizing for his error. But I agree with you about Maria.

However, in passing, I think that illustrates some problems with the Internet: things get published that are erroneous or open to misinterpretation, but when corrections are made some people still continue to work on the basis of that incorrect information or, in some cases, fail to retract their own erroneous statements made in consequence on that basis. Tends to cause a rapid decrease in the quality of various conversations. In particular, I’m reminded of the SPLC’s condemnation of A Voice for Men as a “hate site”, when they subsequently, more or less, retracted that. However, that hasn’t prevented many, including PZ, from continuing to use that characterization.

I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. ….


Tend to agree with that as well. While Laden seems definitely to have crossed the line in the doxing department, some of the attacks against him are starting to show some similarities with bear-baiting; gratuitous savagery ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4213
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ThreeFlangedJavis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:21 pm  •  [Post 36961]

Rayshul:
I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.


Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.
ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ThreeFlangedJavis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 pm  •  [Post 36962]

Horrors:
I don't know what Laden's financial situation is. That apartment in his building was going for $829 (per month I guess), but that was a one bedroom, maybe the Laden's have one one of the larger flats. Apparently $829 is below average in his home town, which is a tough place to rent. I don't know how that compares with the US generally. His previous place looked nicer and the one before that was much nicer. So maybe he is coming down in the world.


Tired and couldn't be arsed to wrack the noggin, but I read the suggestion somewhere today that Lardyarse's current address info is being telegraphed like he's begging someone to do a Lardy on him. Could it be fake info?
ThreeFlangedJavis
.
.
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BarnOwl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 pm  •  [Post 36963]

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Horrors:
I don't know what Laden's financial situation is. That apartment in his building was going for $829 (per month I guess), but that was a one bedroom, maybe the Laden's have one one of the larger flats. Apparently $829 is below average in his home town, which is a tough place to rent. I don't know how that compares with the US generally. His previous place looked nicer and the one before that was much nicer. So maybe he is coming down in the world.


Tired and couldn't be arsed to wrack the noggin, but I read the suggestion somewhere today that Lardyarse's current address info is being telegraphed like he's begging someone to do a Lardy on him. Could it be fake info?


My Google-fu yielded different results, FWIW.
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2298
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Sulaco » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 pm  •  [Post 36964]

A dark and stormy night? Really Greg plagiarizing Snoopy/Charles Schultz. Sad, just sad. No, make that contemptible.
Sulaco
.
.
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm  •  [Post 36965]

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Rayshul:
I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.


Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.


Heh. I don't know why, but this reminds me of that scene in Sicko where Michael Moore sends a check to his cyberstalker with a dedicated hate site to Moore to pay for his wife's hospital bills. It was either pay her bills or close down the site, to which the kicker was, "Fuck you, Michael Moore" - Michael saw that, sent a hefty check and the guy's still blogging.

The punchline being the suggestion of doing the same thing for Greg. Get him back on his feet so he can keep blogging and keep being a doxxing wankstain.
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2770
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaptainFluffyBunny, comhcinc, HunnyBunny, JacquesCuze, Opyt, Phil_Giordana_FCD, subbie1957, TedDahlberg and 7 guests