Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby windy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:40 am  •  [Post 36751]

ReneeHendricks wrote:Wow. Greg Laden didn't dox Mykeru but rather his ex-wife's place of residence. What a lovely, wonderful human is Greg. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that guy????


This is getting to be a pattern for them in general: There was the outing of "Victor Ivanoff", mistakenly outing Ed Clint as the author of Freethoughtblahgs, and now outing Mykeru's ex-wife's ex-address... have there been any more?

PS. Best wishes for the hubby!
“Ideological purity is for ideologues.” - J. Morales
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:44 am  •  [Post 36752]

Skeeve wrote:
Gumby wrote:Oh, Laden is no threat. He's a creepy keyboard commando who likes to play tough guy on his computer,

Oh, and Mykeru, if you want to save the trouble of looking up Laden's address, I'll send it to you.


Could I have that as well? I'd love to send him a nice bouquet.


Whois Greg Laden anyway? I'd like confirmation he is really that stupid.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby papillon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:45 am  •  [Post 36753]

Jan Steen wrote:Image


:) I think Laden's head grafted on to the body of the toad would be more appropriate.
"When you make your music; do you think of the man on the street?"
"I've met the man on the street. He's a cunt"
User avatar
papillon
.
.
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 am  •  [Post 36754]

I think the Almighty Hypnotoad would not be happy if He knew He was in a picture with those shitstains.

Image
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jan Steen » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 am  •  [Post 36755]

papillon wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:http://i.imgur.com/nSDZG.jpg


:) I think Laden's head grafted on to the body of the toad would be more appropriate.


Nobody would have noticed the difference.
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:24 am  •  [Post 36756]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

Image


Actually, Greggy-Boy, cleaning out your Facebook friends list isn't going to have much of an effect. This is because you are as thick as pigshit and have left most of your facebook settings public. You have even gone so far in what I must presume to be teh quest for teh ultimate stupid to even leaving your comments section public - which means that anyone with an FB account can leave replies to your posts.

Greg Laden's FB page is here: http://www.facebook.com/laden.greg?ref=ts&fref=ts You need to be logged in to your FB account if you fancy leaving Greg any messages on his very public Facebook page. Doesn't have to be a genuine account, of course...
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 am  •  [Post 36757]

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

Image


Actually, Greggy-Boy, cleaning out your Facebook friends list isn't going to have much of an effect. This is because you are as thick as pigshit and have left most of your facebook settings public. You have even gone so far in what I must presume to be teh quest for teh ultimate stupid to even leaving your comments section public - which means that anyone with an FB account can leave replies to your posts.

Greg Laden's FB page is here: http://www.facebook.com/laden.greg?ref=ts&fref=ts You need to be logged in to your FB account if you fancy leaving Greg any messages on his very public Facebook page. Doesn't have to be a genuine account, of course...


Or you could just ignore his Facebook account, and not feed his martyr complex anymore than you need to. It's not like he won't come running to you anyway. He needs attention, why do the wolk yourself. Wait a bit, he'll come to you. Just like oolon, when you think about it.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 am  •  [Post 36758]

Yeah, Daniel Waddell is correct. I have been sticking up for Greg, pretty much everywhere - including ReapSowRadio. I've been promoting his science blog (when it has to do with science), too. I've been offline mostly all day Saturday living the life I have outside of the Slimepit (Yes, I know - it's amazing), spending time with my family. I check my Twatter and find this:

Image
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 am  •  [Post 36759]

[
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

Image


Wait! Abbie has been doing genetic engineering in her copious spare time when she's not curing AIDs and we have winged monkeys now?
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 am  •  [Post 36760]

Skep tickle wrote:and more people heard about him doxxing Mykeru's ex-wife.


I don't think it's quite fair to say he intentionally doxed her, because not only is that info seven years old, but he even got the number of our condo wrong. It was 102, not 301.

The best you can say is he stupidly posted an address I used to live at, last habitated by my ex-wife, with indifference to who actually lived there.

Actually the extent to which he can take any credit for doxing is also disputable. He just found some links of other people who did the actual doxing back in 2005. They are the ones who said things like "we also have information on your wife, but we would never release that, oh no, no, not us because we are doxers with integrity".

And I'm not too worried about her. Not only does she work in an international law firm and has international connections, but she's tough as nails, a survivor of colon cancer and her family has money and high ranking members of the People's Liberation Army.

She's the last person anyone feigning even marginal sanity should fuck with. Good luck with your people trying to extradite the person in the Red Chinese army who stuffs you in an oil drum. Just kidding, in reality, you'll have lawyers three deep in your ass.

However, I do not have, nor will ever have anything bad to say about my ex-wife. She comes from a small town in China, willed herself through Beijing University and got her MA at Johns Hopkins. She was raised by her grandparents as her mother was often less than kind to her, to say the least, and is one of the sweetest, kindest, most ruthless people you ever will meet.

We had a completely amicable divorce where we divided assets and she bought out my part of the condo. She didn't request alimony or lay any blame. The terrible thing about divorce, which I spend many a night perched on a barstool thinking about, is at the end you don't miss the person so much as the promise of what could have been. The months after, maybe years, I felt like I was living in an alternate reality while some parallel universe version of me was happily married.

My ex is a completely stand up person, and really is just the sort of intuitive equity feminist that probably screwed up my ability to deal with whiny middle class white women's first world problems for the rest of my life.

I will say the same thing I said back in 2005 when we were still married: Anyone fucks with her because they disagree with me on the internet and they will get my complete and undivided attention.

I am just appalled I have to say that, or say that doxing an address (the wrong one, by the way) because someone disagreed with you in an internet fight is just not the sort of thing one would expect a supposedly well-regarded (in his dreams) 54 year-old academic to do.

As I said, obviously Laden thought he could push the same buttons people pushed back then. The problem with that, of course, is that Greg Laden is an utter joke who no one takes seriously and who I hope never shuts the fuck up and continues to pull his fellow nutcases down with him.

Which makes me wonder either just how much of Greg Laden's CV is fraudulent, or just how fucked the wiring in his head has become.

None of this means that we should not, in proper Welch fashion, totally fuck with Greg Laden simply for the endless lulz.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:47 am  •  [Post 36761]

Mykeru:

at the end you don't miss the person so much as the promise of what could have been.


Sorry to say, old pal, but this was beautifuly put.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jimthepleb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 am  •  [Post 36762]

Greg Laden tries his hand at social engineering.
This will not end well for him.
Again.
"Indolent hand wringers" Richard Dworkins describing the baboons. http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks
User avatar
jimthepleb
.
.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: you kay?

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Richard Dworkins » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 am  •  [Post 36763]

What I don't understand is that since the victim feminists are so scared of "Creepy Guys" why it is that this Greg Laden character is not considered a threat to them. Apart from his obviously disturbing behaviour, stalking, threatening people with violence, he's not exactly the most elegant looking individual, in fact could be easily described as looking "creepy".
Richard Dworkins
.
.
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 am  •  [Post 36764]

An atheist swipes at FtB and the rift they have created (without naming names):

http://tuibguy.com/?p=7011

When I asked to be considered for inclusion in one of the blog networks, I was asked how I felt about the rift between that network and another one because they wanted to know where I stand. I responded that I had friends in both networks and I could give two fucks about the spew.


I know more than a few atheists that want no part of the entire enterprise any longer. I am losing interest in atheist activism, myself and can find little motivation to do much more than make swipes at religion and the way that it affects society. Beyond this, I want to do little else; because I am finally starting to see that it is not religion that makes society shitty. It is people.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:27 am  •  [Post 36765]

Dilurk wrote:[
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... f32011.jpg


Wait! Abbie has been doing genetic engineering in her copious spare time when she's not curing AIDs and we have winged monkeys now?


Wait a minute. Wait one goshdarn minute! 95? Wasn't it "about 120"? He... He's totally making this up, isn't he?
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:42 am  •  [Post 36766]

Richard Dworkins wrote:What I don't understand is that since the victim feminists are so scared of "Creepy Guys" why it is that this Greg Laden character is not considered a threat to them. Apart from his obviously disturbing behaviour, stalking, threatening people with violence, he's not exactly the most elegant looking individual, in fact could be easily described as looking "creepy".

One current theory is that he's porking Steffalump Zwan. And maybe PeeZus too.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:55 am  •  [Post 36767]

Gumby wrote:An atheist swipes at FtB and the rift they have created (without naming names):

http://tuibguy.com/?p=7011

When I asked to be considered for inclusion in one of the blog networks, I was asked how I felt about the rift between that network and another one because they wanted to know where I stand. I responded that I had friends in both networks and I could give two fucks about the spew.


I know more than a few atheists that want no part of the entire enterprise any longer. I am losing interest in atheist activism, myself and can find little motivation to do much more than make swipes at religion and the way that it affects society. Beyond this, I want to do little else; because I am finally starting to see that it is not religion that makes society shitty. It is people.


It has never been just religion It has always been dogma and our emotional clinging onto dogma. This is why being a freethinker is difficult for some as learning to think with the grey matter not the pineal gland is very hard for NTs. Though they can with training.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 am  •  [Post 36768]

As an aside, that 150 hate tweet thing that Greg Laden refers to is not just @ replies. He tracks his name being mentioned as well. Something I found out when I used his name rather than his nick. Kinda speaks to his ego.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:01 am  •  [Post 36769]

Lsuoma wrote:One current theory is that he's porking Steffalump Zwan. And maybe PeeZus too.


Wow, that's like a ham stuffed with pork sausage stuffed with bacon.

Just tweeted a Greg Laden Fun Fact: Ozzy Osborne's "Crazy Train" is the only music Greg Laden listens to while furiously masturbating to fat porn.

Add your own!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:03 am  •  [Post 36770]

Oh, and Greg sucks at the doxxing thing. Unless that was a reaaaaaalllly bad attempt at being sarcastic.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gefan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 am  •  [Post 36771]

Startling to read that Laden is fifty four. I wouldn't have ascribed any of his observed statements or behavior to date to anyone over, say, twenty one.
User avatar
Gefan
.
.
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: In a handbasket, apparently.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tuibguy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 am  •  [Post 36772]

Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.
User avatar
Tuibguy
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby katamari Damassi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 am  •  [Post 36773]

Punker wrote:A horse named Black Caviar has just won an award for Australian Sportswoman of the Year. There has been a mixed reaction to this news. :popcorn:

Hmm... Misogynist, racist, and pescephobic?
“I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.”
― Stanisław Lem
User avatar
katamari Damassi
.
.
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby katamari Damassi » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:14 am  •  [Post 36774]

Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:One current theory is that he's porking Steffalump Zwan. And maybe PeeZus too.


Wow, that's like a ham stuffed with pork sausage stuffed with bacon.

Just tweeted a Greg Laden Fun Fact: Ozzy Osborne's "Crazy Train" is the only music Greg Laden listens to while furiously masturbating to fat porn.

Add your own!

Thanks for ruining ham, pork, and bacon for me. I guess I'll live longer but life won't be as enjoyable.
“I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.”
― Stanisław Lem
User avatar
katamari Damassi
.
.
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 am  •  [Post 36775]

Gefan wrote:Startling to read that Laden is fifty four.


That's his IQ.
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 am  •  [Post 36776]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Um, if you're that disenchanted with both "sides", please tell me why the fuck you're hanging out here?
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:21 am  •  [Post 36777]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


No. It's fine. We all take some of the blame here. I think you'll find that there is still a lot of anger left among the denizens here from being bullied or made to look like a fool elsewhere. Personally I think it is counter productive to take shots at anyone and try not to do so myself. I do enjoy the free exchange of ideas here and the fact there is pretty much no censorship. In recent history someone posted child porn which was as immediately removed as possible, a couple of misguided posts were retired upon request of the poster but that's about it.

If you have any great ideas on how we can reconcile, I'd personally love to hear them. There is even a subthread elsewhere about reconciliation. Please feel free, without doxing, without censorship, without your words de-vowled without cherry picking of what you said.

Go for it.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 am  •  [Post 36778]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


It's not being smug. We're not the ones trying to take over the atheist movement. We're not the ones trying to infect it with virulent feminism. We're not the ones trying to undermine the very meaning of the word "skepticism". Hell, if it weren't for the FtB/Skepchick/A+ crowd doing all that, there would be no "rift" and this place wouldn't even exist. This place, whatever you think of it, is the largest gathering place on the web pointing out all the bad things those assholes are doing to the A/S community. I'd love it if there were no need for this place, but unfortunately there is.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 am  •  [Post 36779]

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Um, if you're that disenchanted with both "sides", please tell me why the fuck you're hanging out here?


I'll take a guess and say he saw people from here checking out his blog post that I linked to.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 am  •  [Post 36780]

Pitchguest wrote:
Dilurk wrote:[
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... f32011.jpg


Wait! Abbie has been doing genetic engineering in her copious spare time when she's not curing AIDs and we have winged monkeys now?


Wait a minute. Wait one goshdarn minute! 95? Wasn't it "about 120"? He... He's totally making this up, isn't he?

The 4 or 5 that he claimed were 120, were only in the 24 hrs up to his "120" post. So, that one was a lie. Now though, that he's pissed more people off with his letter threatening to dox or expose something about Abbie, he's now getting his wished for larger number of disagreement tweets. He can't claim that any of the newer ones were part of that original "120" claim. Well, actually, he COULD claim it, but it would be yet another lie.
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Laden

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 am  •  [Post 36781]

Skeeve wrote:
Darren wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:You know of course, that Laden is smarter than you guys. Sure, you can dox him, but his house has wheels, so...


I'm going to report him to his employer. Does anyone have the number for the U.S. Social Security office?


He's Canadian.


Evidence for this?

Everything I've stumbled across suggests he's US born & bred, for example: http://www.amazon.com/Greg-Laden/e/B009ROI5JI
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 am  •  [Post 36782]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Purveyors of false equivalency are mostly motivated by ego, namely, that everyone on either side of an issue is wrong and therefore they alone are right.

But hey, "teach the controversy" dude.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 am  •  [Post 36783]

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Um, if you're that disenchanted with both "sides", please tell me why the fuck you're hanging out here?


I'll take a guess and say he saw people from here checking out his blog post that I linked to.


If we can't take criticism ourselves, then this is all for naught.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 am  •  [Post 36784]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.

Alert! Alert! Panties wadded!
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 am  •  [Post 36785]

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


Um, if you're that disenchanted with both "sides", please tell me why the fuck you're hanging out here?


I'll take a guess and say he saw people from here checking out his blog post that I linked to.


Hmm, ok. Still. It seems as though the message was left to just further spur a divide, you know?
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:32 am  •  [Post 36786]

Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 am  •  [Post 36787]

Dilurk wrote:If we can't take criticism ourselves, then this is all for naught.


I have no problem with being criticized, it's an essential part of skepticism. What I do ask is that the criticism is fairly leveled.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 am  •  [Post 36788]

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm, ok. Still. It seems as though the message was left to just further spur a divide, you know?


Yeah, coming in here and proclaiming the place a "cesspool" wasn't exactly kumbaya.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am  •  [Post 36789]

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm, ok. Still. It seems as though the message was left to just further spur a divide, you know?

From the whiny blog post s/h/it comes across like McWrong, oh! so disappointed that everyone's letting s/h/it down. Plus there's talk about money (presumably from clicks) so maybe income is dropping.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am  •  [Post 36790]

Image

Yeah, look what you made him do. This is the logic of the kindergarten.

More recently, he's Twattled this evidence of his total irony bi-pass:

Image

Which links to this bleat from a guy who - apparently - really doesn't know why atheists can't all get along because he likes everybody. The source of his confusion really lies in the fact that he thinks "activism" and "the blogosphere" are the same thing.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:37 am  •  [Post 36791]

Gumby wrote:
Dilurk wrote:If we can't take criticism ourselves, then this is all for naught.


I have no problem with being criticized, it's an essential part of skepticism. What I do ask is that the criticism is fairly leveled.


Well put. Make your case for criticism, be prepared to defend it. Keep in mind we may disagree with you and be hostile to you, but you will get a fair hearing without censorship. Did I mention we do not torture porcupines here either?
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Laden

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 am  •  [Post 36792]

Skep tickle wrote:
Everything I've stumbled across suggests he's US born & bred, for example: http://www.amazon.com/Greg-Laden/e/B009ROI5JI


From hearing Greg Laden speak, I assumed he was from the Peehole's Derpocratic Repubic of Effemina
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 am  •  [Post 36793]

Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:39 am  •  [Post 36794]

real horrorshow wrote:More recently, he's Twattled this evidence of his total irony bi-pass:

Image

Which links to this bleat from a guy who - apparently - really doesn't know why atheists can't all get along because he likes everybody. The source of his confusion really lies in the fact that he thinks "activism" and "the blogosphere" are the same thing.


That's what I just linked to a few posts back, and why the author showed up to call us a cesspool. Fuck'im.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:40 am  •  [Post 36795]

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm, ok. Still. It seems as though the message was left to just further spur a divide, you know?


Yeah, coming in here and proclaiming the place a "cesspool" wasn't exactly kumbaya.


I would wonder just how long they have been following the Slymepit with that statement. Perish the thought that a true freethinker would be guilty of believing propaganda without investigating for themselves.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:42 am  •  [Post 36796]



Greg Laden successfully carries out his devious plan to badly bruise our foot with his ass.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 am  •  [Post 36797]

Dilurk wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Dilurk wrote:If we can't take criticism ourselves, then this is all for naught.


I have no problem with being criticized, it's an essential part of skepticism. What I do ask is that the criticism is fairly leveled.


Well put. Make your case for criticism, be prepared to defend it. Keep in mind we may disagree with you and be hostile to you, but you will get a fair hearing without censorship.


The FtB Twoof Squad doesn't want their ideas examined in an objective fashion, therefore they will never come here. They will always resort to their tactic of holding their noses and saying "Phew!" whenever the Pit is mentioned, because poisoning the well is the best way they have to keep people from realizing that the Pit makes a helluva lot of good points against them.

Did I mention we do not torture porcupines here either?

Haha. It's funny how when the Pit started ragging on their hypocritical porcupine bit, all of a sudden PZ declared that meme "passe".
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby windy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 am  •  [Post 36798]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


What were you saying about all that vitriol being directed at fellow atheists again? :D

I got that you were not directing your post just at FtB, but you kind of undermine your point there by calling it a 'swipe'... Anyway, it's been a while since our paths have crossed, how have you been?
“Ideological purity is for ideologues.” - J. Morales
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:49 am  •  [Post 36799]

Lsuoma wrote:

Shades of colon, too.



This blogpost of oolon's is a perfect example of "Winning By Losing".
http://www.oolon.co.uk/?p=94

oolon wrote:"HAHAHAHAH I DOWNLOADED KIDDY PORN TO TROLL THE PIT! I WIN YET AGAIN!!! OOLON-100000000/ SLYMEPIT-0!!!!
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:50 am  •  [Post 36800]

Al Stefanelli wrote:Yeah, Daniel Waddell is correct. I have been sticking up for Greg, pretty much everywhere - including ReapSowRadio. I've been promoting his science blog (when it has to do with science), too. I've been offline mostly all day Saturday living the life I have outside of the Slimepit (Yes, I know - it's amazing), spending time with my family. I check my Twatter and find this:

Image


I saw that as well yesterday. It makes no sense. But then we're talking about Greg here. He really hasn't made much sense to me for a while.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am  •  [Post 36801]

Dilurk wrote:
Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm, ok. Still. It seems as though the message was left to just further spur a divide, you know?


Yeah, coming in here and proclaiming the place a "cesspool" wasn't exactly kumbaya.


I would wonder just how long they have been following the Slymepit with that statement. Perish the thought that a true freethinker would be guilty of believing propaganda without investigating for themselves.


Yeah, that bothered me too. A lot of people have that Pit=cesspool mentality simply because of FtB propaganda. That's why so many people have come here and said "Hey, this place is nothing like PZ said..." It's definitely a lack of critical thinking when you let others define your opinions for you.

If you come here, read, get a sense of what the Pit is all about, and come to your own conclusion that this place is a cesspool, good for you. At least you did your homework. (and to be fair, maybe this "tuibguy" did just that). But there's a lot of people who have formed a sight-unseen opinion about this place just based on the proclamations of others. That kind of shit doesn't belong in anybody's skeptic toolbox.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Laden

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am  •  [Post 36802]

Skeeve wrote:
Darren wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:You know of course, that Laden is smarter than you guys. Sure, you can dox him, but his house has wheels, so...


I'm going to report him to his employer. Does anyone have the number for the U.S. Social Security office?


He's Canadian.

Is he? Well he lives in the US. However, he's self-(un)employed.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am  •  [Post 36803]

Lsuoma wrote:

Shades of colon, too.


Indeed. Child pornography, anyone?
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am  •  [Post 36804]

real horrorshow wrote:
Which links to this bleat from a guy who - apparently - really doesn't know why atheists can't all get along because he likes everybody. The source of his confusion really lies in the fact that he thinks "activism" and "the blogosphere" are the same thing.


AHHHhh.... That is classic Thunderf00t syndrome* from Tubiguy.

*Where somebody appears in the No-Man's-Land of the great divide and proudly proclaims their superiority of belonging to neither camp whilst offering advice and admonishments to either side.
2 weeks later they have become happily entrenched (on one side or the other) and are angrily firing off blogposts at the rate of 2 a day, telling the world how nasty the other side is.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 pm  •  [Post 36805]

Dilurk wrote:[
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... f32011.jpg


Wait! Abbie has been doing genetic engineering in her copious spare time when she's not curing AIDs and we have winged monkeys now?

Winged monkeys yes. Flying monkeys, not so much.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Candyguitar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 pm  •  [Post 36806]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Which links to this bleat from a guy who - apparently - really doesn't know why atheists can't all get along because he likes everybody. The source of his confusion really lies in the fact that he thinks "activism" and "the blogosphere" are the same thing.


AHHHhh.... That is classic Thunderf00t syndrome* from Tubiguy.

*Where somebody appears in the No-Man's-Land of the great divide and proudly proclaims their superiority of belonging to neither camp whilst offering advice and admonishments to either side.
2 weeks later they have become happily entrenched (on one side or the other) and are angrily firing off blogposts at the rate of 2 a day, telling the world how nasty the other side is.

I don't think that Thunderf00t had an "I am neutral therefore superior" mentality so much as that he was initially naive about the problems in this community (apart from knowing of some infighting) and therefore didn't anticipate the reaction to his "MISOGYNIST!!!" blog post by FtB denizens. To quote him from one of his videos: "I gotta admit, I had no idea how batshit crazy the subject of sexism will make some people act until I recently posted an article on the issue".
Candyguitar
.
.
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:24 pm  •  [Post 36807]

Well, at least we can't say Tuibguy's first post here was smug...
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dilurk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 pm  •  [Post 36808]

real horrorshow wrote:
Dilurk wrote:[
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:It was all a plot to test new Twitter filters:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... f32011.jpg


Wait! Abbie has been doing genetic engineering in her copious spare time when she's not curing AIDs and we have winged monkeys now?

Winged monkeys yes. Flying monkeys, not so much.
[youboob]FpxjuBmuwkU[/youboob]


Abbie's winged moneys would actually fly.
User avatar
Dilurk
.
.
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:46 pm  •  [Post 36809]

Tuibguy wrote:Don't be fucking smug here. I was taking a swipe at this cesspool, too.


:lol: How do you propose to stop people being smug here, Tubgirl? Throw pixels at us? Fart in the general direction of your monitor? Write another trite, pedestrian blogpost? What?

I don't know who you are, but you are funny.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:48 pm  •  [Post 36810]

Gumby wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:More recently, he's Twattled this evidence of his total irony bi-pass:

Image

Which links to this bleat from a guy who - apparently - really doesn't know why atheists can't all get along because he likes everybody. The source of his confusion really lies in the fact that he thinks "activism" and "the blogosphere" are the same thing.


That's what I just linked to a few posts back, and why the author showed up to call us a cesspool. Fuck'im.

Yes, sorry, I missed that. Anyway, by my watch he's had his 15 minutes of fame and wasted them on the xkcd meme that's so worn out I don't even have to quote it.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm  •  [Post 36811]

All the responses to the poster that Tigzy, hilariously in my opinion, refers to as Tubgirl (google for images if you don't know about this, but not at work, eh?) are no doubt just going to confirm him that we are indeed cesspoolers, but it has to be said that he was fucking dumb in the way he came in here with his arseholier than thou attitude.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ReneeHendricks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:01 pm  •  [Post 36812]

Hey! I knew there was a reason for me to still like Justin Griffith: http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/12/23/greg-laden-posts-a-home-address-and-employer-contacts-for-online-rival/

For those who don't want to check the link, here's a bit from the post:

Seriously, WTF!? I don’t know much about ‘Mykeru’, and maybe he’s not a great guy. What could possibly excuse purposely leaking an actual home address of somebody you disagree with? Nothing. This is every kind of wrong.

Laden then went on to disclose Mykeru’s alleged employment information. Presumably, Greg Laden wants his twitter followers to contact Mykeru’s employers and co-workers. You know, right after some visit his (ex-wife’s old) house.

I’ve not linked directly to this information, but it’s too late to remove it from the internet. Coupled with his history of bullying, and his direct threats of violence towards me, we can safely label Laden as a serial-harasser. When he attempted to trigger my PTSD, I saw him for what he was. Initially, I had thought it was just a one-off, and perhaps he just ‘saw red’. This was the first time I did not immediately forward a threat to the FBI. He continued to harass me, encouraging my peers to join in. To their credit, most saw what was happening after a few days.
Renee Kelly
----
Wine - when you're over 40 and tequila shots have kicked your ass.
User avatar
ReneeHendricks
.
.
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 pm  •  [Post 36813]

Lsuoma wrote:All the responses to the poster that Tigzy, hilariously in my opinion, refers to as Tubgirl (google for images if you don't know about this, but not at work, eh?) are no doubt just going to confirm him that we are indeed cesspoolers, but it has to be said that he was fucking dumb in the way he came in here with his arseholier than thou attitude.


How are/were we supposedly being "smug", anyway? I don't know about anyone else but I clicked the link, read the first paragraph, realised it was a whining shitbag with nothing to contribute, and moved on. If ignoring his pathetic ramblings is "smug", then guilty as charged. Guy probably just wants attention.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 pm  •  [Post 36814]

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hey! I knew there was a reason for me to still like Justin Griffith: http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondbelief/2012/12/23/greg-laden-posts-a-home-address-and-employer-contacts-for-online-rival/

For those who don't want to check the link, here's a bit from the post:

Seriously, WTF!? I don’t know much about ‘Mykeru’, and maybe he’s not a great guy. What could possibly excuse purposely leaking an actual home address of somebody you disagree with? Nothing. This is every kind of wrong.

Laden then went on to disclose Mykeru’s alleged employment information. Presumably, Greg Laden wants his twitter followers to contact Mykeru’s employers and co-workers. You know, right after some visit his (ex-wife’s old) house.

I’ve not linked directly to this information, but it’s too late to remove it from the internet. Coupled with his history of bullying, and his direct threats of violence towards me, we can safely label Laden as a serial-harasser. When he attempted to trigger my PTSD, I saw him for what he was. Initially, I had thought it was just a one-off, and perhaps he just ‘saw red’. This was the first time I did not immediately forward a threat to the FBI. He continued to harass me, encouraging my peers to join in. To their credit, most saw what was happening after a few days.


Laden is "very muscular?"

BAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby real horrorshow » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:07 pm  •  [Post 36815]

Lsuoma wrote:All the responses to the poster that Tigzy, hilariously in my opinion, refers to as Tubgirl (google for images if you don't know about this, but not at work, eh?) are no doubt just going to confirm him that we are indeed cesspoolers, but it has to be said that he was fucking dumb in the way he came in here with his arseholier than thou attitude.

Please, the guy's about as neutral as an acid bath. Read his blog post and check the assumptions:

Blogging = activism.

There is such a thing as "atheist activism" (yeah dude let's actively not believe in gods).

People disagreeing with each other on blogs makes him so sad he wants to just give up blogging, (Jen McWrong anyone) How do we know this? Because he blogged about it!

Everybody in every dispute is equally bad, especially when compared to his saintly self.

Then shows up here to take a pop he knows he's never get away with on FTB, A+ or Skepchicks. Wanker.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brive1987, Dick Strawkins, didymos, HoneyWagon, Hunt, Michael J, paddybrown, Suet Cardigan, TedDahlberg and 8 guests